(Topic ID: 271489)

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Club(Stern 2020): Cowabunga! It’s Pizza Time!

By Tuxedomask23

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,044 posts
  • 828 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by Afty86
  • Topic is favorited by 335 Pinsiders

You

Topic poll

“Which model are you going to purchase”

• Pro 285 votes
    50%
  • Premium 166 votes
    29%
  • LE 120 votes
    21%

(571 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240415_084026 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image.png
PXL_20240413_183258513.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_3649 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3648 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5713 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5712 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8262 (resized).jpeg
20240406_124621 (resized).jpg
SystemJPinball.ca_1_TMNT-MenuCard-PremLE-Mean1.1_example-3 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1141 TMNT fresh out-of-the-box Issues and Fixes FAQ Posted by Stosel (3 years ago)

Post #1580 Lights rebooting on the back of the machine - FIX Posted by HookedonPinonics (3 years ago)

Post #2172 playfirlo colour differences Posted by Phatchit (3 years ago)

Post #2390 Left Outlane Fix Posted by NoQuarters (3 years ago)

Post #2457 DIY Krang Mod Instructions Posted by ABE_FLIPS (3 years ago)

Post #4037 Glider Servo DIY replacement Posted by PinHead50 (3 years ago)

Post #4120 Link to Amazon product page for replacement servo for glider Posted by PinHead50 (3 years ago)

Post #4327 Sloppy soldering at factory causing overvoltage error - fix Posted by Blackzarak (3 years ago)

Post #4374 Replacing bad glider servo with amazon better one Posted by arcadenerd925 (3 years ago)

Post #4698 Center Ramp non-registering opto fix Posted by spidey (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jakers.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3028 3 years ago

I seem to remember reading back in this thread about the rear playfield lights and inserts resetting/cycling during gameplay. Is that a common issue and what was the fix for this?

#3036 3 years ago
Quoted from LapsedGamer:

That happened to my machine as well as others when their glider servo failed and was pulling down the board when it was trying to move. Is this happening on a premium/LE ?

Yes, it is on a premium. I just went into the glider test menu and sure enough, when I move the glider the back half of the GI pulses a bit. It doesn't go out and reset but the back half definitely pulses like it looses a bit of power. That's so frustrating and it also looks like there's no option to disable the glider. Is it possible to unplug the glider (while it's in the middle position) and still play the game? I've only played 8 games on this thing. I'm still on code 1.11. Haven't had a chance to update yet.

LapsedGamer what was your final fix for the problem?

#3241 3 years ago
Quoted from RikeIsland:

Is anyone shellshocked about the new release of the Avengers? I for one am happy with my choice. I love My TMNT and it looks good next to my IMDN.

Avengers does look like a fun game, the theme just doesn't appeal to me personally. That subway sure would look good in TMNT though.

#3310 3 years ago
Quoted from kh39540:

So, aside from the esthetics, is it worth changing the rubbers out for the Titans? Never played with Titans before, but i bought a set in all original black.

Personally, I think they play about the same. The upside is that Titans don’t deteriorate like the original black rubbers and won’t dirty up your playfield as quick. I went with all clear titans with green flipper rings and posts. Looks great in my opinion.

5B4267A9-9804-4311-861B-9EE0B92B27D9.jpeg5B4267A9-9804-4311-861B-9EE0B92B27D9.jpeg
1 week later
#3467 3 years ago
Quoted from Eagle14:

I'm hoping to get some help as I'm not sure if this has been reported before. I just took delivery of my TMNT LE here in Oz, but every time any of the multiballs start, the flippers and lights keep going dead for 1-2 seconds and then coming back to life. I've checked all the cables/boards and there are no errors in the system menu. Any ideas on what else to look for?

Quoted from acons017:

Same here. For me it’s the top half of the playfield. Really annoying.

My flippers weren't going dead but my top half of the playfield was going dark for a couple seconds. Got help from Stern and they figured out my glider assembly was causing the issue even though my glider seemed to be working correctly. They're sending me a new glider assembly. I suggest unplugging your glider from under the playfield. It has a little board that is shrinkwrapped directly under the glider area. I've been playing my premium for 2 weeks now with the glider unplugged and my top half going dark has not happened since. Make sure you center the glider so you can still play the game. I'm really hoping they ship the assembly out soon because this issue has been with my game since day one.

#3476 3 years ago
Quoted from acons017:

That’s so weird because I actually did encounter glider issues and received a new glider in the mail from Stern this week! Hope that’s the culprit. Wondering how hard this thing will be to install. I think the screws that fasten the glider to the playfield are located underneath it and there isn’t that much clearance.

It's not that hard. Unplug glider assembly connector from underneath the playfield. Remove the 2 lower wireforms, remove 3 screws (above playfield) holding the glider assembly on.

2 weeks later
#3953 3 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

I’m having an issue where my back left lighting seems to be “rebooting”? It will run foe a couple of seconds then do a bit of a startup cycle and fail over and over. It is happening in attract mode and in game. I also notice the pizza will jerk just a bit at the end of the sequence. Has anyone seen something like this?

Mine was doing this right out of the box. STILL waiting on my replacement glider assembly after 1.5 months. You can still play your game, just unplug the glider assembly from under the playfield and center the glider.

#3967 3 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

Wtf, why is it taking stern so long? My glider is still working, it just does this flickering thing with the lights. Should I be expecting the glider to fail completely?

My glider was working perfectly but when moving, it would make my back half of the playfield lights reset. I can only hope that it's taking Stern so long because they are actively looking for a servo replacement VS sending out the same servos that will keep causing problems.

#4021 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

When you figure out what servo they used, definitely post.

While playing tonight, I noticed something stuck to one of the balls rolling around. It was this sticker, that fell off the servo. Looked up the part number and found one on eBay for 10 bucks.

4B3CA63B-AE34-4727-A4B2-1FED85014D95.png4B3CA63B-AE34-4727-A4B2-1FED85014D95.pngC6C0932A-1130-4B2D-BB5E-C5680842E92A.jpegC6C0932A-1130-4B2D-BB5E-C5680842E92A.jpeg
1 week later
#4150 3 years ago

I'm not sure this has been captured on video before, but last night while streaming my TMNT Premium I had the issue of 4 balls being loaded into the turtle van. It happened multiple times throughout the night. Here's one instance where I reset the game and it immediately loaded 4 balls once it booted up. Reset it again and then it wouldn't empty the 4 out of the van so I had to take the glass off and manually release them. My theory is while in turtle power multiball, once the ball saver runs out it reloads the van, but sometimes while loading if you shoot the right ramp at the same time a ball is being loaded, your shot to the ramp and the loading ball both enter the van...confusing the game.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/770121929

And here's another instance of the game loading 4 balls during Turtle Power Multiball.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/770130608

Oh, and I've now been waiting 2 months for a replacement glider mech from Stern....

1 week later
#4352 3 years ago

For the people that have received new glider mechs (premium/LE) from Stern, how long did it take for you to get yours? I've been waiting 2 months at this point for my glider mech replacement. My distributor has called Stern multiple times asking for information but all they keep telling him is "we've confirmed your need of a replacement part".

My TMNT Premium has not been fully functional since I unboxed it day one. It's really frustrating.

#4355 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Spend $30 on a better servo and get to playing. Why wait for Stern when the solution's already out there?

I have no problem doing that. It looks to be a very easy servo swap. It's just the principle I guess. I spent thousands of dollars on a new game, I shouldn't have to spend another $30 to make it operate the intended way.

#4360 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Just depends on what's more important to you, $30 and playing now, or free and waiting 2 months and counting to play at all. It sucks, but, well, Stern.
I'd just pay the $30 now and ask Stern to send me some parts I need (coil stops, etc) to cover the cost I shelled out because they couldn't send me a failed part for 2 months and counting.

My game is playable. I've been having a blast with it even though the glider is unplugged. So if I were to order that new servo, my only question is how do you know if the servo (the part that spins) is centered correctly before actually connecting it to the glider?

#4407 3 years ago

Does anyone have a download link for the previous PREMIUM game code? I want to go back to the version before 1.22 to see if my game still loads 4 balls into the turtle van. This problem is beyond annoying at this point. Almost every time playing my game, the turtle power multiball ends up loading 4 balls into the van. Then I have to wait for the ball search (on the 4th or 5th time) to release the van balls to continue play.

#4409 3 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Have you tested the van enter opto switch?
Rob

Yeah, works every time in switch test.

#4445 3 years ago
Quoted from FNwoz:

Anyone have any advice on how to easily move this post? It’s threaded into the play field and through. Just want to move it to the other hole. I see more right outlane drains then left. I have the lock nut taken off already. Thanks.
[quoted image]

Put a deep socket on it and push from underneath while turning counter clockwise. Take it slow or you risk chipping the playfield.

#4447 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Use a small wrench (something like this https://www.mscdirect.com/browse/tnpla/96016613) on the top to hold it in place, as you use a socket to remove the nut from the other side, then once the nut is off, tap the post out.

I wouldn't tap it out. Trust me, twist it out. If the post is tight, you run the risk of chipping the playfield by tapping it out. I've done it before and it will ruin your night.

Take the lock nut off, like you've already done, and push it with your finger while twisting it counter clockwise.

#4552 3 years ago
Quoted from PinHead50:

My new glider showed up today. Putting it in a box.....

You don't have to return the defective one? I'm still waiting on my replacement. It would be nice to have one as a backup.

#4562 3 years ago

Has anyone ever ran into an issue where the auto launcher will not launch the ball? I was in turtle power multiball and my game kicked 2 balls into the shooter lane...which it does A LOT but that’s a whole other gripe...so, there’s two balls in the shooter lane and the auto launcher will not fire them. The shooter lane switch does work because I soft plunged the balls and got the sound effect of the balls leaving the switch. I had to full plunge both balls out of the shooter lane. I let them drain, the game kicked a single ball into the shooter lane and it auto launched. The game played fine after this.

#4609 3 years ago

So I just turned my game on to play a couple games during lunch and my game acted like this was the first time ever turning it on. Asking me to set language and such. I exited out of it but I had to redo ALL my settings like free play, etc. However, all my audits and high scores were remembered. I updated to 1.23 days ago and have played many games since. Why would my game act like this is the first time turning it on and reset all my settings??

AFEAD8D7-CFC4-4AAE-BFCC-250729AF19D2.jpegAFEAD8D7-CFC4-4AAE-BFCC-250729AF19D2.jpeg
#4647 3 years ago
Quoted from JediMcMuffin:

FYI:
I had to replace my battery on my TMNT Premium already, I saw above where someone said their settings had been erased.

That was me. It happened again last night. I'll put in a new battery and see if that helps. Aren't coin cell batteries supposed to last 3 years...not 3 months?

#4653 3 years ago

My game kept it's settings overnight this time. Seems really random as to when it decides to forget them. I took the battery out (while the game was turned off) to test the voltage. It measured 2.84v which to me seems fine since it's a 3v battery and therefore shouldn't forget the settings when turned off.

The strange thing is when I put the battery back in and turned the game on, the settings were remembered still. Shouldn't the game have forgotten the settings if I took out the battery while the game was turned off?

#4730 3 years ago
Quoted from Jadin2rank:

Hey everybody! So I have owned my Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles for about a month or so now, and after watching Deadflips stream on the new code the other night, I realized his outside orbit shots were connected and it flowed great. I looked into my machine and realized that I have a stop post in the dead center of the outside orbit loop, so obviously that was why every time i shoot the left orbit, it comes right back down. Along with the right orbit always going to the pop bumpers. Now to get to the point, is there anyway I can do anything so that my pro would have a complete outside orbit loop (Like a way to keep that post down)? I just find that it plays with a lot more flow when games have a completely connected outside orbit. Any sort of help or advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Some games have a setting that allows you to disable the up posts but personally I wouldn't do that. It's there so you can shoot the left orbit then the ball will feed nicely back to the upper flipper so you can have a better chance at hitting the center loop or center ramp.

#4764 3 years ago

I finally made it to Final Battle. Made it to phase 3 and I think I almost beat it. Next step is to make it to Cowabunga. All I needed for that was the Triple Mondo Jackpot and the Weapon Hurryup. This game is addicting!

2 weeks later
#5025 3 years ago
Quoted from kell:

I know this has been asked before, but haven't seen a solid answer, how are people hitting the lair shot consistently?
I'm not one to shy away from tough shots, but I have not been able to find the angle/flipper to hit it on a regular basis. I haven't put a ton of games on it yet, but I'm getting to the point where I just hope I get a lucky bounce to trigger training.

Personally, I think it's a very rewarding shot when you can hit it. It's all about timing your left flipper to drop and trap the ball behind it. I can hit it with about 80% accuracy from my right flipper.

#5028 3 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

I wouldn't mind it being slightly easier, but I do like it too. For some reason I can't find it consistently on my machine, but it feels really good to nail it. I am surprised how much harder it is than the Away Team shot on Star Trek being the same concept. And knock on wood, my machine hasn't Borged me yet from that shot (shouldn't have said that out loud!).

haha! I get Borg'd every now and then when it releases, but that's why I turned on a 2 second ball saver when the lair releases.

#5069 3 years ago
Quoted from billrz:

Tried filming a couple games, third game in some strange bug/glitch happened on first ball. Van wouldn’t stop loading right off the plunge, played tons of games in the new code,first time this happened. Hopefully they figure it out, it did it twice this game . Fun game,put up gc on that first glitchy ball . Then left Outlane ate all my balls. Enjoy!

I bet your van diverter is getting wedged open. The diverter will eventually (and quickly) hit the plastic ramp edge so many times that it wears a spot into the plastic. Allowing the metal diverter to wedge itself open and thus all your balls load into the van. It’ll eventually work it’s way shut again due to vibrations.

I fixed my issue by adding a rubber bumper to the top of the coil stop. This gives diverter coil less movement so the diverter doesn’t hit the side of the ramp and get wedged open anymore.

Ever since I added the rubber bumper to the coil stop, my game plays perfectly. No more extra balls in the van. The rubber bumper is just a hard rubber with an adhesive back that you put on the back of your cupboard doors.

E8864939-F3CA-40A6-A516-9F3D2177DDFB.pngE8864939-F3CA-40A6-A516-9F3D2177DDFB.png
3 months later
#6262 3 years ago

Does anyone else have trouble with their game forgetting all settings when turning it off? When I got my game back in October I noticed this. It was random as to when it decided to forget the settings. I replaced the battery even though the voltage on it was fine, but the game is still forgetting the settings. Seems to happen every time I shut it off now.

It’s super annoying to have to dive through all the settings every time I want to play this game.

#6264 3 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

sounds like you need a new SD card

I thought so too but then I tried a different SD card with the original cartoon code on it and it still forgot the settings.

#6269 3 years ago

Just contacted Stern. Looks like I'm getting a new CPU.

2 months later
#6622 2 years ago

Ditto on the 5.25 premium upgrade!

87797F04-A8AA-4062-8953-6855B790457F (resized).jpeg87797F04-A8AA-4062-8953-6855B790457F (resized).jpeg
5 months later
#7628 2 years ago

After nearly 250 games played, I finally encountered the Turtle Power Multiball bug. The game froze up when I scored the Mondo Jackpot (which isn’t a mondo amount of points if you ask me lol).

AF4BDD4C-F9B2-445E-886F-3032D203C5B1.jpegAF4BDD4C-F9B2-445E-886F-3032D203C5B1.jpeg
2 weeks later
#7721 2 years ago

Hard shots to my pizza parlor lock have randomly not been locking. I thought it was an opto issue but after cleaning and testing, they all seemed fine. Then I recorded it in slow motion and realized that the balls are jumping over the up post with a hard, clean shot to the lock. I'm sure if the top of the post wasn't tapered like it is, this wouldn't happen. I'll be making an airball cover for that area tonight. Just posting here if anyone else is having this issue.

#7742 2 years ago
Quoted from RoyalJack:

I've started to have this exact same issue a few months back and haven't had a chance to troubleshoot. My issue started after a fresh coat of wax so I was wondering if it was ball speed pushing by the post or if somehow got wax on an opto in there. Please share what you find out after your air ball cover.

Since making an airball protector for that area I haven’t had a single lock issue. I’ve played about 15 games on it since.

#7759 2 years ago
Quoted from RoyalJack:

Do you mind sharing some picks of your design and how you mounted it? I may try to replicate it.

I went overboard. Shaping it and drilling holes for the hex post and mounting point. If I were to do it again, I would just take a small rectangle of plastic and attach it with double sided tape over the area. It would be enough to do the job.

And yes, I know the edges are ugly and chipped. I’m just a guy with a dremel. No fancy laser cutters over here. Lol.

EC0C73CC-1ACC-4E51-9392-B355B999C1E8.jpegEC0C73CC-1ACC-4E51-9392-B355B999C1E8.jpeg

#7761 2 years ago
Quoted from RoyalJack:

To make sure I'm understanding you basically are just aiming to cover this area? How has it worked for you so far? I may try something similar.[quoted image]

Yeah. Covering that area you circled is all that matters. I still haven’t had a lock issue since covering it.

2 months later
#8219 2 years ago
Quoted from billrz:

So many issues with my LE . Was gonna try n switch out my broken diverter, but bailed cause it doesn’t look easy.. and then my lights starting doing this weird cycle during gameplay. My auto plunger doesn’t always make it into the van leasing to basically endless multiballs. Anyway,anybody know why the lights are doing this ? Node board ?

I had this same light reset issue. For me, it was the diverter servo causing it. Try unplugging your servo from under the playfield and play a few games to see if your light reset issue goes away. Make sure you center your glider so you can still play the game normally.

In the end, I ordered a new servo from amazon, installed it and my game has been fine ever since. I put in a glider replacement order through my distributor over a year ago at this point and I'm STILL WAITING FOR IT.

2 months later
#8539 2 years ago
Quoted from wisefwumyogwave:

Just a wish list. Can we prestage the glider on Raphael's skill shot on the prem/le? It would help it from wizzing by

Balls making it past the glider is my only complaint about this game. I turned down my right flipper power a little and it helped, but a ball still sneaks past every now and then. I wish the glider moved faster, or was triggered by the first ramp switch instead of the second ramp switch to give the glider a bit more time to get into place.

#8630 2 years ago
Quoted from rwalters21:

trying to put plastic protector on the slings is being more of a PITA than I was expecting! what is the trick to getting the post off the plastic under the washer??
[quoted image]

Pick up one of these next time you order from Titan. It's perfect for this issue.

https://www.titanpinball.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=152

1 month later
#8840 1 year ago
Quoted from RVApinballer:

Not saying it shouldn’t be fixed, just noting that in case anyone is on the fence on buying one because of it.

Exactly. I've had my TMNT since launch and only encountered the TP multi ball crash once.

1 week later
#8883 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

So how are people using the glider from a strategy perspective? Still trying to determine the best use of it besides the unique mode it brings. Former pro pro owner here

I find it useful when qualifying episodes. If I need to hit the left ramp in order to qualify my next episode, I make sure the glider is diverting the ball to my right flipper for an easy shot to the turtle van to start the episode. I admit, the glider isn't the most useful feature, but I'm a sucker for all the bells and whistles on my premiums.

2 months later
#9204 1 year ago
Quoted from Collin:

Hey all, I just picked up a TMNT, and am having an issue with fast, hard shots to the pizza parlor causing balls to "jump" past the release post. We took slow-motion video to confirm this is what happening.
Has anyone else had this? Is it an issue with the tapered plunger they use in this game?
Any thoughts on a possible fix?
(I did search & reviewed key posts before posting this question, and didn't come up with anything covering this specific situation.)

Check my post #7759. I made an airball deflector and mounted it above the parlor lock. Works perfectly.

#9211 1 year ago
Quoted from maffewl:

If this is a common issue and Jakers doesn’t mind me pursuing it, I can look into creating something for this area and adding it to the TPMB ramp airball deflector I’m in the process of making.

Go for it!

6 months later
#10444 1 year ago
Quoted from jellomandolin:

Any premium owners having trouble with the ninja pizza parlour lock. Sometimes if I have a ball locked in there, if my next shot in there is going fast, it actually knocks the locked ball back into the playfield. Happens more often with 2 balls locked in there.

You need to make an airball protector to go over the up-post. Check these two posts I made a while back. The locked ball is being hit by the second ball and jumping around the up-post.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-club2020-cowabunga-its-pizza-time/page/155#post-6596551

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-club2020-cowabunga-its-pizza-time/page/156#post-6602735

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 22.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Oakhurst, CA
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tualatin, OR
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Jacksonville, FL
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Machine - For Sale
Terre Haute, IN
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 7,000.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Twisted Tokens

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 16.00
$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 7,999.00
$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jakers.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-club2020-cowabunga-its-pizza-time?tu=jakers and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.