(Topic ID: 271489)

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Club(Stern 2020): Cowabunga! It’s Pizza Time!

By Tuxedomask23

7 months ago

Topic Stats

• 5,668 posts
  • 457 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by Guinnesstime
  • Topic is favorited by 197 Pinsiders

You

Topic poll

“Which model are you going to purchase”

• Pro 165 votes
    46%
  • Premium 89 votes
    25%
  • LE 103 votes
    29%

(357 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,282 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

3D85947A-7F5A-4D1F-9153-A79BDF51002E (resized).jpeg
FAC0CF82-9A5E-4C2C-BFCF-766FC37DB5EC (resized).jpeg
5687D0E5-5C3E-4FF9-BDFC-FF7174657B31 (resized).jpeg
20210121_161928 (resized).jpg
20210121_161934 (resized).jpg
20210121_161945 (resized).jpg
20210121_161919 (resized).jpg
20210121_161926 (resized).jpg
20210121_161911 (resized).jpg
20210120_151942 (resized).jpg
20210119_191036 (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2021-01-21 at 10.59.42 AM (resized).png
Screen Shot 2021-01-21 at 10.59.17 AM (resized).png
Screen Shot 2021-01-21 at 10.59.06 AM (resized).png
Screen Shot 2021-01-21 at 10.58.56 AM (resized).png
Screen Shot 2021-01-21 at 10.58.33 AM (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1141 TMNT fresh out-of-the-box Issues and Fixes FAQ Posted by Stosel (6 months ago)

Post #1580 Lights rebooting on the back of the machine - FIX Posted by HookedonPinonics (5 months ago)

Post #2172 playfirlo colour differences Posted by Phatchit (5 months ago)

Post #2390 Left Outlane Fix Posted by NoQuarters (5 months ago)

Post #2457 DIY Krang Mod Instructions Posted by ABE_FLIPS (5 months ago)

Post #4037 Glider Servo DIY replacement Posted by PinHead50 (3 months ago)

Post #4120 Link to Amazon product page for replacement servo for glider Posted by PinHead50 (3 months ago)

Post #4327 Sloppy soldering at factory causing overvoltage error - fix Posted by Blackzarak (89 days ago)

Post #4374 Replacing bad glider servo with amazon better one Posted by arcadenerd925 (86 days ago)

Post #4698 Center Ramp non-registering opto fix Posted by spidey (74 days ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider j85m.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#204 6 months ago

Anyone know a good distributor in Canada? My uncle is looking to get either a premium or LE, he’s over on Vancouver island. Thanks in advance.

#208 6 months ago
Quoted from pickleric:

Nitro pinball might work well for you.

Thanks man, any others you can recommend?

#492 6 months ago

1,2,3 foot should be like EOL in Tron, a fun combo you can go for at anytime.

I’ve not seen any major score from 1,2,3 foot on any of the streams, having something so minimal locking you out from the other modes will get annoying.

#524 6 months ago
Quoted from Thegeekyhusband:

This is a #prouddad moment:

Super cute moment, I love it when my kids want to get involved with my pins, admittedly that usually means crawling inside and playing with the box rather than the pin but still fun for all the family

#597 6 months ago
Quoted from Stosel:

We are having the same problem, I tried rubbing alcohol and it didn't work that well to get the stickiness off. I was going to pick up some goo gone this week, but it doesn't look like that works great either.

What part of the trim are you guys referring to on the back box? Curious prior to me getting my LE.

#651 6 months ago

For those who have there games in hand, how are the playfields looking and holding up? Any pooling around posts? Or major dimpling like stranger things?

#681 6 months ago
Quoted from cleanandlevel:

just got it set up and figured out co op, but what's the restart? tried holding the left flipper and holding start button but it didn't work. have it turned on in standard adjustments.

Are you set to freeplay? It’s on by default once your set to freeplay.

#706 6 months ago
Quoted from vireland:

Same! Why'd they change the name to "hero turtles" instead of "ninja turtles" in the German one??

In the U.K. and a number of countries in Europe TMNT was changed to Hero Turtles due to some controversy going on at the time, I don’t know exactly what it was as it was before I was born, but they where worried the word ninja wouldn’t go down well so changed it to hero.

Quoted from freddy:

Why are their different languages on earth?

Nothing to do with different languages, ninja in German is the same as ninja in English.

#772 6 months ago

While we are on the subject of interlocks is there anyway to add one to a spike 2 game that didn’t originally come with one on initials runs but did on later runs?

#823 6 months ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

What's the consensus on the LE diverter? Is it one of those things you're never really going to use or does it actually have value in the game rules and shot map? Is there a specific mode that uses it?
Rob

I’d also like to know this been watching a lot of streams and I’m kinda liking the pro more, mainly the stopper instead of the diverter seems to give you a little break from the lightening speed of the game.

#851 6 months ago
Quoted from NimblePin:

Now, obviously this is a TEMPORARY fix since I’m SURE Stern will be making us a proper “Revision B” ramp with BOTH the new diverter guard, AND the wireform curve fix, so future turtleheads can rest easy knowing Stern has saved the proverbial day once again!

Unlikely, the last two Sterns I’ve had NIB that had ramp issues didn’t get new ramps they got a plastic flap to screw on top of the ramp entrance to keep the ball on the ramp.

And one of those games was the at the time most expensive stern batman 66. The fix will be plastic cover for the ramp and a protector for the ramp/diverter will be like the one for iron maiden jump ramp/orbit little metal with adhesive.

And I have an LE coming so not bashing just realistic expectations of the revisions, that will likely come.

#856 6 months ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Yep, don’t set yourself up for disappointment. Been down that path a few times and have learnt to temper expectations. It’ll be a fix, but a bare minimum one.

We talking BM66, just realised you no longer have yours.

Luckily a friend customised the ramps/wireforms in question with a top rail. Likely do this for Turtles or add some washers at the lower ends of the wireform to raise the edges enough to stop ball jump offs.

I had to do this on BM66 once the ramp had the custom top rail at the entrance and first half bend, the ramp was so fast it was jumping off on the next turn and completely clearing the bargirl deflector, had to raise the ramp with washers under the mounts to lift the left edge ever so slightly, something similar on TMNT will likely sort the issue.

#864 6 months ago
Quoted from delt31:

So...... Word on the street is pinbrowser has been updated and now works again! If this is true expect a release from me for the pro that rights the wrong....... by putting the Original TMNT theme song into this game!
In fact I'm going to inject the tmnt turtles in time arcade theme song too! Maybe at the end!
technically you can even include original tmnt voice clips into it too!
Game has changed fellas
Good news for jp2 and Stranger Things

We might want to stop posting about pinball browser so publicly, especially since Stern read these forums a lot more than most realise, could be best to keep it a little more discrete and just drop the updated files, rather than a it’s updated let’s change this game this game, just a thought?

#868 6 months ago
Quoted from JodyG:

And it would probably be good to not set up a booth selling pinbrowser mods next to the Stern booth at a major show.

Yeah that ones a given. That’s more likely the reason it got locked out then posts on here between buyers and pinheads exchanging custom code.

The second you start charging for these things Stern have to be seen to actively protect the licence and IP they have been given to use.

#897 6 months ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

any lockdownbar accents available for tmnt ??

At current prices there should be one on the game out the box. I find these things the most annoying about Stern, what do the action button plates cost Stern a couple cents each?

They used to be laser cut like AC/DC, TWD and Star Trek then I guess to save a few cents they went to blank plates with printed graphics i.e. GOTG, then to maybe save a cent or two more with deadpool used a plastic plate, now we get nothing, it’s something really simple but they just used add that finish to the while look of the game and with the amazing art zombieyeti creates it’s a shame not to have a little more of it around the lock bar button.

#937 6 months ago

For all those with games already, how many scoreboard champions are there for turtles?

#944 6 months ago
Quoted from Waxx:

I am not sure why so many people use keys for home use only pins. Just get these and it will make your life easier:
https://www.pinballlife.com/keyless-coin-door-lock.html

You haven’t met my kids my son would open my games and attempt to climb inside them if he could

#969 6 months ago
Quoted from Crater:

Well I've had my pro for about a week now.
WOW... I am just floored by how far this code is already. The game is really a lot of fun, and I can see how it would appeal to a wide range of skill sets.
I have played a ton, and had a few notes on the game that I thought others might benefit from.
Awesomes:
- The multiballs are really interesting right out-of-the-gate. The Turtle Power multiball is so cool because you can keep it going by collecting all the turtles and hitting the right ramp to add another ball. The Ninja Pizza Multiball is also cool because the toppings really do create a different type of multiball scoring and so you have to alter your game to really go for the points. Just really cool.
- I like how many different paths there are. Training and Leveling your character, the foot spinner and the 1-2-3 foot combo shots, the weapon hurry ups, etc... there's so much going on, and I find I want to reach the end on all of them.
- The episodes are just a ton of fun. I feel like they are interesting and not just "all shots are lit... hit them all". Each one has a slightly different progression and it really makes it fun to choose your episode. Also, I love the 2 locked episodes that can only be reached by playing the one that precedes it.
- When you hit that Krang Combo, it is one of the most satisfying combos in pinball for me personally. It just feels good.
- The playfield is mean (in a good way). I love games that really make you slow down and think about risk/reward for every shot.
- Co-op mode is GREAT. My girlfriend is always frustrated when we play together because I've been playing pinball for most of my life and so I sometimes get large scores. Now she is actually getting into the game and learning rules to pinball because we can progress the game together in a co-op fashion rather than me shooting-the-moon every time and her getting frustrated with her skill level. She also likes the chance to put her name into the high-score board.
- I'm sure I don't need to tell anyone about how stunning this machine looks...between the artwork and the lighting, it's just a masterpiece.
- I could go on and on, but I think I'll finish with the callouts in the game. They are fun and funny. I find myself not skipping animations and wanting to hear all the callouts just because I really enjoy all the voice acting and some of the good one-liners they have. It's AWESOME!
Could be improved:
-Almost all the flaws I've seen are software-based except one. Mind you, this is for the PRO and not the other models. The one problem I've noticed with the machine is the sideways middle ramp shot. I'm hoping someone has some advice for me on this (like flipper strength or something), but one of the objectives for the Cowabunga Wizard mode is to do a "Max Krang Combo" which is 3 upper loops and then the middle ramp in succession. It's a very difficult maneuver which I've done now twice (and that was just going for nothing else other than that combo). One of the problems is that when you loop that upper orbit multiple times, the ball really gets going and when you manage to hit that ramp afterwards, a lot of times it air-balls and just hops the sensor so you don't get credit for it... it's sooooooo frustrating because it's already difficult. I wish they would have put some sort of top-plastic over the ramp to prevent it (maybe they did and it didn't work).
The code problems I've noticed are very minor, but I'm hoping they get addressed to really polish the game:
- The "Player [1,2,3,4]" at the bottom of the screen should be reduced to reflect the actual amount of players in the game. Even if you're playing a 1-player game, players 2-4 are still shown at the bottom of the screen.
- The pop bumpers sometimes award items that you can't get in your current scenario (add-a-ball when you're not in multiball, add-time when you're not in a mode, etc...)
- The "weapon" inlane light should be visible during the animation for starting the skill shot. If you are playing Raph or Don, then the ball is about to come down the inlane and it'd be nice to know which one is lit before the animation ends rather than guessing.
- Scoring is much too Bonus-heavy right now. There's a few exploits in bonus multipliers and I think there should probably be a cap on multipliers or at least take away the pop-bumper bonus multiplier increase awards because it's easy enough to get to the top-lanes.

xaqery would love to know your thoughts on the above, some really good info provided by crater, cannot wait for my LE to show up game looks fantastic.

#1101 6 months ago

From experience with BM66 modding your wireforms is worth all the hassle.

Already got a guy who’s going to mod and fix up my wireforms so they are enclosed, might even powder coat them just not sure what colour.

#1103 6 months ago
Quoted from plasticbugs:

I’m planning to buy a premium TMNT in the next six months or so. I need to do some home improvements before I have the space for it, though. On average, what are the production run lengths on these new Sterns? Does Stern give fair warning before they end production?

Usually 2-3 years. And they often do a last call when a title is coming to an end/having one final production run.

#1176 6 months ago
Quoted from Pinman502:

Curious did anyone get a designer collectible signed by John Borg and if so what was it nothing was inside of mine

Quoted from Pinman502:

I got that with mine the game matrix said it came with a designer collectible also I guess they decided to change that before release

Your collectible is the signed sticker on the left of the apron!

0A93ECAC-93BA-4BB3-8255-0A6C312961AF (resized).jpeg1B15CB81-E2C4-4E08-A165-008A1279C5AF (resized).jpeg
#1234 6 months ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

there will be 4 toppers representing each turtle, the plastics are illuminated by LEDs.
299 $ each, or if you collect all 4 you can clip them together and get access to the pre installed special mode (hint: glider - LE/Prem only!).
Or you buy all 4 turtles for 999 $ in a package. I cant wait!

Will people stop giving them this idea!

Everyone said if Lyman is on code I’ll be buyer now he’s on every SLE/Premium only release.

We gotto stop shooting ourselves in the foot

#1249 6 months ago
Quoted from Flipper-airbrush:

Cowabunga.
Today was the presentation of the turtles airbrush kit from us, thank you again to RB Flip France for awesome pictures
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Love that lockdown bar! Could you do one with all 4 turtles on it? Is it the same green as the LE? Brilliant

#1259 6 months ago
Quoted from Thomas3184:

So final battle challenge is kind of like escape nublar challenge?

Yeah that’s how I read and took it, now all we need is co-op and team play in JP.

#1333 6 months ago
Quoted from cldgin2:

Farting around with adding a splinter and shredder mod.... what do you all think? Love my pro!
[quoted image]

Personally not my thing, the shredder blocks the turtle van and their scale is way to big!

Also are they the movie figures? If I was going to put figures in my game I would have to match the theme myself, cartoon figures so it matches the art style.

#1368 6 months ago
Quoted from kermit24:

What should the impedance (ohms) be set for the speakers that come with the LE? 8? The Pro/Premium stock speakers should be 4 ohms?

Yeah that’s correct from what everyone’s been saying, newest code sets the LE speakers to 4ohm so they need setting back to 8ohm after the update.

#1397 6 months ago

Is there a pizza eating champion programmed into the latest code?

#1582 5 months ago

Who posted the link to those upgraded servos? I can’t seem to spot the post although I do have my kids demanding my attention so there’s a good chance I’ve glanced past it half a dozen times.

#1706 5 months ago
Quoted from mandelbloom:

Topper ?? [quoted image]

No, it looks like the Technodrome toy I had in the 90s. In fact a quick google just confirmed it is the toy from the 90s.

Hopefully John is using it as inspiration and like Vic said they make a mechanical topper of the technodrome with the eye following you and Krang/shredder commenting on your play insulting you.

#1727 5 months ago
Quoted from Aquapin:

I would love the topper to look something like this:[quoted image]

I’ll take an interactive mechanical technodrome over some figures.

#1729 5 months ago
Quoted from RPZ:

They could use the SW topper, take out R2D2 and put the eye in. Boom! Done... lol!

Nice saves Stern money, id still rather have the BKSOR topper rethemed as shredder!

2 weeks later
#2377 5 months ago
Quoted from konghusker:

Really debating between a premium vs pro on this title. Van is really cool, but pro seems to offer plenty for a couple thousand less. It’s a dream theme, but Is code deep enough for a 5 pin collection? Seems like it’s been easier for guys to beat the game already.
Going between this and jp2, sw premium, or wait for gnr. Thoughts?

If your looking at a premium or pro then I would wait for GnR to be revealed (that’s if it’s going to be revealed in the next month or 2 max) giving you the most choice before you take the plunge.

No need to rush with pros or premiums Stern will be producing JP3 and TMNT for the next 2-4 years.

2 weeks later
#3276 4 months ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

Here you go my TMNT fans
This is a complete rebuild using Pinball Browser that uses animations from the 1987 TMNT series.
Pro, Premium and LE all available on 1.21.0
Premium and LE are untested as of now, so someone give it a try and let me know how it goes.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tmnt-stern-the-1987-code

That is amazing! I couldn’t find turtles clapping so high fives all around!!

6B1CDE41-0B4F-48DC-9B66-5E26BE987289.gif
#3278 4 months ago

Anyone heard rumours or noise regarding when we might see the turtles topper?

#3311 4 months ago

Friends picking up an LE have the issues with the divertor been resolved or a fix issues? Apologies I have lost track of this thread so again sorry if this has already been pointed out.

#3350 4 months ago
Quoted from vireland:

Pizza shop is rattly from the left flipper for me - it's not a straight shot. From the right flipper it's no problem. The center ramp and the LAIR are the only two shots that I have trouble with consistency, but I wouldn't call the center ramp one a problem, I just need to play better. The LAIR shot is bad design, plain and simple. WAY too many bounce outs due to the way it's set up at the entrance.

Same issue here Pizza shot rattles off the left flipper, it’s better off a trap but rattles every time off a rolling flip. Great game but yeah that LAIR shot is a real buzz killer when you need to make that shot.

And is it just me or does it feel like the game is too fast/hard for the theme, my son struggles to get anything going on ours, which is why I just sold my LE to a friend to buy an AIQLE.

#3382 4 months ago

Anyone heard news on a topper reveal/release?

#3384 4 months ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

So you keeping your LE now?

Nope mates already got it at his, lives like 30 doors up from me which is ace, as I can pop and play it, but he’s curious about the topper as he likes the one on my BM66LE and he’s seen the one for Avengers.

#3404 4 months ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

I absolutely hate when a logo gets put on top of the same logo! That topper logo blocks most of the Technodrome! Ditch it and let the Technodrome look bigger! It's also not going to confuse anyone on what game it belongs to because it will always be installed 4" above the translite logo. Ugh.

Hopefully it’s just screwed on, that way it should be easy to unscrew and remove the topper logo and show all the technodrome.

1 week later
#3683 4 months ago
Quoted from garretswinning:

Finished making these today finally.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Okay now those are cool!!

#3754 4 months ago
Quoted from vireland:

For a DEFECTIVE shaker? Is this straight from Stern or a distributor? If it's a distributor, let me know which one to avoid at all costs. That's BS.

He said it was Marco, plus that 20% BS sounds like Marco.

Quoted from PinHead50:

Funny. Marco just told me it was normal

#3789 3 months ago

Is this happening to everyone going to the latest code? My mate was going to upgrade his LE and I told him to wait off just Incase it’s definitely the code.

#3863 3 months ago
Quoted from konghusker:

I agree with all of this. I was going premium but I’m just not sure it’s justified with the cost difference. Both versions are really good. This reminds me of the Metallica debate in which I went pro and have been very happy with it.

As an ex LE owner (although the game is now owned by my mate 20 doors down the road from me) go Pro!

For the difference in price the Pro is the winner (typical Borg the man knows how to make killer pros!) I actually prefer the stopper on the ramps a lot more than the diverter, the pro gives you a moment to catch your breathe while with the Prem/LE you don’t get a second to think.

2 way pizza disc, playing pro and LE almost back to back I couldn’t tell you the 2 way has anymore effect on the balls than the single disc on the Pro both add a tonne of randomness and fun.

Then you have the diverter (servo) and the TMNT truck (diverter) issues to deal. Plus you never loose out with a Borg pro they are a riot to play.

1 week later
#4079 3 months ago
Quoted from atrainn:

Have many people tried the retro refurb art blades? https://www.retrorefurbs.com/shop/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-stern-night-pinball-sideblades/. The antsier I get for my Pro to ship the more I keep buying mods.
I've seen one reference to them in this thread, just curious what the material quality is like on these guys. I'm not really digging the Stern blades.

Wow those are hideous! How many different art styles on those art blades? Go with Sterns after market art blades, material is great and the ZY art is perfect and obviously matches the rest of the art so they make a cohesive package, win win!

#4089 3 months ago
Quoted from atrainn:

I'm not really a fan of the Stern art blades, but maybe I'll like them more in person? I like the look of the retro refurbs a bit more but I also have horrible taste so who knows. Either way my Turtles shipped today so I'll have it on Monday!

Enjoy it’s a super fun game! I moved my LE onto my mate to get an AIQ but he’s like 20 doors down from me so it’s worked out perfect!

The Stern blades aren’t very busy but I’m a big fan of having all the art match up and cohesive, some of these 3rd party art blades are a photoshop explosion or so many different art styles they look awful, wish some of them would make a little more effort into making things look cohesive and match up styles.

3 weeks later
#4475 80 days ago

NEW CODE!

PRO V1.23 - October 22, 2020
============================
Fixed:
- Scoring was not correct in WINDOW SHOPPING. Now the orbits score
significantly more if you keep shooting the same orbit over and over.
- Pizza slices were awarding an extra ball sooner than they should have been.
The default is 55 slices.

New:
- Added Volume to DJ MIXER.
- Added new background videos to DJ MIXER
- Added a Topper Test to test the Eye Servo
- Added numerous topper effects.
- Added Neutrino Pizza Party -
- Can only be started after you have trained and reached 3rd level
- Can only be started when nothing else is going on.
- To start hit the two Dimension X targets then shoot the left ramp before
it times out.
- Can only play once per game.

Tweaked:
- Battle Again will no longer reset at the start of the ball.
- Increased the base, inc and max values for foot awards collected throughout
the game.
- All awards for all episodes will now be larger based on how many episodes
you previously completed in the game. The game is designed to have low
scoring episodes but completing them is where the points are.
- Mondo and Grande jackpots during Turtle Power Multiball are now worth 2X and
3X for the 2nd and 3rd+ passes through the same multiball.
- Mondo and Grande jackpots in Ninja Pizza Multiball are now worth more even
in the first pass through the multiball.

Moved to system 2.60 -
- New Standard Adjustment "START BUTTON ATTRACT MODE ILLUM."
- This adjustment, which is only available and active when the game is in
FREE PLAY mode, controls the behavior of the Start Button Light.
Values are:
- "ALWAYS OFF" - Start Button Light is always off when in attract mode.
- "BLINKING" - Start Button Light will blink when in attract mode.
This is the DEFAULT and previous behavior.
- "ALWAYS ON" - Start Button Light is always on when in attract mode.

#4476 80 days ago

LE/PREMIUM V1.23 - October 22, 2020
===================================
Fixed:
- Fixed an issue where the van can lose count of the balls.
- This issue is not new. If you were seeing this issue somehow your game
is losing a ball. Its possible your van opto is/was intermittent. One
reason it could be intermittent is it has moved or otherwise needs
physical attention. It could be on the edge of not seeing itself.
- Scoring was not correct in WINDOW SHOPPING. Now the orbits score
significantly more if you keep shooting the same orbit over and over.
- Pizza slices were awarding an extra ball sooner than they should have been.
The default is 55 slices.

New:
- Added Volume to DJ MIXER.
- Added new background videos to DJ MIXER
- Added a Topper Test to test the Eye Servo
- Added numerous topper effects.
- Added Neutrino Pizza Party -
- Can only be started after you have trained and reached 3rd level
- Can only be started when nothing else is going on.
- To start hit the two Dimension X targets then shoot the left ramp before
it times out.
- Can only play once per game.

Tweaked:
- Improved how and when we count balls in the game and in the van
- Improved ball search with regard to the van. If the game needs to ball
search and the van opto is blocked the game now assumes the "lost ball" is
in the van.
- Battle Again will no longer reset at the start of the ball.
- Increased the base, inc and max values for foot awards collected throughout
the game.
- All awards for all episodes will now be larger based on how many episodes
you previously completed in the game. The game is designed to have low
scoring episodes but completing them is where the points are.
- Mondo and Grande jackpots during Turtle Power Multiball are now worth 2X and
3X for the 2nd and 3rd+ passes through the same multiball.
- Mondo and Grande jackpots in Ninja Pizza Multiball are now worth more even
in the first pass through the multiball.

Moved to system 2.60 -
- New Standard Adjustment "START BUTTON ATTRACT MODE ILLUM."
- This adjustment, which is only available and active when the game is in
FREE PLAY mode, controls the behavior of the Start Button Light.
Values are:
- "ALWAYS OFF" - Start Button Light is always off when in attract mode.
- "BLINKING" - Start Button Light will blink when in attract mode.
This is the DEFAULT and previous behavior.
- "ALWAYS ON" - Start Button Light is always on when in attract mode.

#4529 79 days ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

Agree! Or maybe just allow it to be disabled on Ninja Pizza MB with "moderate" shaker setting.

Depends what’s already disabled at moderate in the programming, would probably be far less work for Dwight to just tone it done ever so slightly and hopefully that way everyone’s a winner with their shaker getting max use throughout a game.

#4531 79 days ago
Quoted from PinHead50:

Yes. Those motors just rely on 12v to run, there is no settings on the motor to adjust speed. They adjustment would have to be made to the duration of 12v power supplied to the motor. Once the motor has power for so many seconds it is at full speed which means max shaker usage. Would be a change of letting the motor slow down a bit for the final max spin and then hold it for a few less seconds. I would imagine it would be a some what simple adjustment on the programming if they choose. I had to replace my stern motor with a PBL due to the fact it didn't have the rod going through it to tighten up.. I got an email from stern after sending them video of the stern shaker in my machine. They said it was a defective motor and after talking to Marco where i got it from they followed up and said that the sterns should have the bolt but dont for some reason. If you look at the stock image on sterns website it shows a different style motor than what is shipped, it has the support bolt. https://shop.sternpinball.com/collections/accessories/products/stern-shaker-motor-kit-for-spike-system-games
This is what is sent https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/502-5027-01
This was mine on 1.21 with stern shaker

Yeah pulse the motor maybe rather than send it a constant feed for however many seconds, or just cut that constant power supply down a second or 2? Ironman is the only other game I own that try’s to shake the glass loose but it feels right with that game

#4539 79 days ago
Quoted from RebelGuitars:

The shooter rod works fine for me, although I installed it on another game.
[quoted image]

Now red!? Can you buy the shooter in each of the turtles colours?

#4541 79 days ago
Quoted from Jon9508:

Looks like red electric tape.

Good eyes dude!

#4599 78 days ago

Aslong as the boards in the topper are the standard node boards in other toppers and the game will update the board there will be a cheaper version coming

#4604 77 days ago
Quoted from cabal:

so in general you just would take a node board like they use in their own topper, get same light boards and coil or servos und just plug everything together and it should behave the same as the original? has anyone tried that before? What would the bom-cost of all the parts. But i guess still much less than 1000$
but it just sounds too easy but would be great if it works

Copies of the Batman66 topper where made, there was also someone who brought a Stern topper without the boards and was able to buy the boards.

No idea what’s in the topper but can’t be much more than the usual, LEDs, led light strips, $40 worth of plastics and in this case maybe a $10 servo for that eye on the technodrome.

#4665 76 days ago

Arrived this morning looks awesome!

23C3EBC4-9CAA-4E99-BF80-DF30DF3B5F23 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#4851 66 days ago
Quoted from sepins:

Has anyone bought the Stern topper for $1000?
If You did are You happy with it???
Thanks!

I’ve seen a few post pics in this thread and maybe a couple others, there’s definitely been some buyers just doesn’t seem a lot like usual.

2 weeks later
#5018 53 days ago

So anyone else with Tron and TMNT? Which do you think is Borgs better physical layout ignoring code?

#5097 47 days ago
Quoted from vireland:

Nice, but you need to next-level it. Print an insert in opaque white and another insert in neon green for each of the slots and snap those in. Stick three LEDs in each one. Put a springloaded platform with a switch at the bottom. When you put your drink in, it will depress the platform, activating the switch and turning on the "goo" glow lighting. Remove your drink, lights go off.

I see another pink monk product coming to the market! Could you throw a fan in it to keep my beer cool though? Now that would be next level

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
$ 12.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 5,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider j85m.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside