(Topic ID: 271489)

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Club(Stern 2020): Cowabunga! It’s Pizza Time!

By Tuxedomask23

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Topic poll

“Which model are you going to purchase”

• Pro 285 votes
    50%
  • Premium 167 votes
    29%
  • LE 120 votes
    21%

(572 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20240423-005247 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240423-005259 (resized).png
20240415_084026 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image.png
PXL_20240413_183258513.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_3649 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3648 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5713 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5712 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8262 (resized).jpeg
20240406_124621 (resized).jpg
SystemJPinball.ca_1_TMNT-MenuCard-PremLE-Mean1.1_example-3 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1141 TMNT fresh out-of-the-box Issues and Fixes FAQ Posted by Stosel (3 years ago)

Post #1580 Lights rebooting on the back of the machine - FIX Posted by HookedonPinonics (3 years ago)

Post #2172 playfirlo colour differences Posted by Phatchit (3 years ago)

Post #2390 Left Outlane Fix Posted by NoQuarters (3 years ago)

Post #2457 DIY Krang Mod Instructions Posted by ABE_FLIPS (3 years ago)

Post #4037 Glider Servo DIY replacement Posted by PinHead50 (3 years ago)

Post #4120 Link to Amazon product page for replacement servo for glider Posted by PinHead50 (3 years ago)

Post #4327 Sloppy soldering at factory causing overvoltage error - fix Posted by Blackzarak (3 years ago)

Post #4374 Replacing bad glider servo with amazon better one Posted by arcadenerd925 (3 years ago)

Post #4698 Center Ramp non-registering opto fix Posted by spidey (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider initiative.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#33 3 years ago

deposit $ gladly handed over to Orange County Pinballs for a premium.

it'll be refreshing to have it delivered at >=.94. Stranger Things started out somewhere in the dot sixties if i remember correctly, and its been less than amusing waiting for code updates.

1 month later
#2602 3 years ago

apologies if this has been raised before, but does anyone know where to find decent instruction card images?

#2628 3 years ago

Premium SN 305950 DOB 12-Aug-2020 playfield printing fine

2 months later
#4582 3 years ago

hahah turtle power MB traffic jam!

traffic jam (resized).jpgtraffic jam (resized).jpg
#4615 3 years ago

i hope cary does another wtf video on this

2 weeks later
#4927 3 years ago

Sorry if this info has been posted previously and I missed it - for those needing or looking to replace the glider servo, a digital variety will work just fine. In other words, the replacement does not need to be analog.

I just installed a HiTec HS-7955TG servo and its working just fine. The benefit of a digital servo (at least this HiTec model and several others), is that they're programmable and its rotation can be reversed via desktop software - instead of having to mess with reversing wires by solder/wire cutting.

It'll cost a few more pennies, and this model is totally overkill for the application, but i got sick of messing with small motor skill stuff. And, I guarantee this little black box will long outlast the machine itself.

#4977 3 years ago
Quoted from johnnyutah:

Stern TMNT shooter rod

for anyone still having the short-plunge problem with the new shooter rod - i just replaced the outer rod spring with the one that was on the original plunger. It doesn't work 100% but now it does have a fighting chance of getting up and around the ramp.

2 weeks later
#5166 3 years ago
Quoted from Vermont:

issue with some of the small stickers coming loose

i've had stand-up target decals pop off on 2 machines (SW and STh) - so it's a thing. On the latter I ran through all of the extras included in the goodie bag, so i had to resort to using some tacky glue (2 very small drops toward the top center and bottom center). The key here is to first thoroughly clean the target surface with rubbing alcohol before sticking the decal back on.

Also, do not use super glue - when it cures it becomes too brittle to hold up to the pounding the target takes - the decal will just pop back off and leave a mess on the target surface.

1 week later
#5247 3 years ago

anybody else's glider go way out of calibration and doesn't throw all the way out to the far left/right after this code update? mine is now completely whacked and has made the game unplayable. i am sad.

1 week later
#5391 3 years ago

I replaced my servo with a HiTec HS-7955TG. Overkill for sure, but it's digital and programmable (reversed rotation via laptop software and avoiding janky soldering/rewiring). A digital servo works, a replacement doesn't need to be analog.

4 weeks later
#5778 3 years ago
Quoted from Jeroenos:

problem with the turtle power multiball

are you running current code 1.41? A few versions back, stern fixed ball counting problems like the one you're describing.

1 month later
#6391 3 years ago
Quoted from Heavyk:

but what else?

- external sub + kenwood KFC-1655S speakers for backbox
- side art
- shooter rod
- shaker

#6409 3 years ago
Quoted from dapperdan24:

Are those a direct plug and play replacement?

unfortunately they're not. Premiums come from factory with the smaller speaker mounts, so I went ahead and bought a speaker light kit from http://www.speakerlightkits.com/ with the adapter plate to fit 5.25" speakers.

3 weeks later
#6499 2 years ago
Quoted from dashv:

Can I just swap out the rod itself?

I thought of that and I don't believe so - the handle is attached the rod itself, so the whole thing replaces the original. I used the trick of pulling off the tip and putting a post rubber inside to give the end/tip enough length to shoot the ball correctly. works like a charm.

#6501 2 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

Is the tip of the Katana shooter rod shorter than a stock one?

First thing I tried was to swap tips and that did not fix the problem, so my guess is that the rod itself is hair shorter than the stock rod.

#6509 2 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

What do you owners think

im a big fan despite being a ball crushing victim 2X to-date. dont ever try to navigate around this shooter in the dark.

1 month later
#6862 2 years ago
Quoted from Maverick87:

Anybody have a fix?

take the tip off and put a post rubber inside. that should give it enough additional length to plunge properly.

4 months later
#7734 2 years ago
Quoted from plasticbugs:

Personally, I would just do the wire swap

or spend a bit more and buy one thats programmable and know that it'll outlast the machine itself. (HiTec HS-7955TG)

1 week later
#7796 2 years ago
Quoted from hammargren:

Stick with the factory ones or buy aftermarket?

i've replaced balls in all of my games with Silverjets from Marco. On games with heavy magnet use (ala TMNT, STh, etc), there have been reports and concerns over balls getting magnetized, but I've had no such problem with any of mine.

1 month later
#8038 2 years ago
Quoted from acons017:

How do I get rid of this? Is there a setting?

stern introduced the four player banner in the last update for BKSoR as well - looks terrible. I don't believe it can be turned off/changed by setting or otherwise. The 'Press Start' text disappears after ball 1 is over on a one-player game I believe.

#8040 2 years ago
Quoted from DaveTheTrain:

It doesn't disappear

The ‘Press Start’ text disappears but the player rectangles persist

7C608E9F-B846-449F-9879-5B20708D8FE9 (resized).jpeg7C608E9F-B846-449F-9879-5B20708D8FE9 (resized).jpeg
5 months later
#9046 1 year ago
Quoted from ticktockman:

Anyone have a recommendation of any other servos that will work on the glider?

HiTec HS-7955TG - The benefit of a digital servo (at least this HiTec model and several others), is that they're programmable and its rotation can be reversed via desktop software - instead of having to mess with reversing wires by solder/wire cutting

9 months later
#10657 1 year ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Anybody have problems with the Stern katana shooter rod?

yep - I had the same problem. I put in a post rubber inside the shooter tip rubber to extend its reach and now it works fine.

11 months later
#11941 42 days ago
Quoted from AlexRogan84:

which ones I should get

I’ve been using Marco silverjets in my premium for 3.5 yrs without issue

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 22.00
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Reflex Mods

$ 9.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tualatin, OR
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

10,500 (OBO)
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 22.00
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Panama City Beach, FL
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider initiative.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-club2020-cowabunga-its-pizza-time?tu=initiative and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.