(Topic ID: 271489)

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Club(Stern 2020): Cowabunga! It’s Pizza Time!

By Tuxedomask23

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Topic poll

“Which model are you going to purchase”

• Pro 285 votes
    50%
  • Premium 167 votes
    29%
  • LE 120 votes
    21%

(572 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20240423-005247 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240423-005259 (resized).png
20240415_084026 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image.png
PXL_20240413_183258513.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_3649 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3648 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5713 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5712 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8262 (resized).jpeg
20240406_124621 (resized).jpg
SystemJPinball.ca_1_TMNT-MenuCard-PremLE-Mean1.1_example-3 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1141 TMNT fresh out-of-the-box Issues and Fixes FAQ Posted by Stosel (3 years ago)

Post #1580 Lights rebooting on the back of the machine - FIX Posted by HookedonPinonics (3 years ago)

Post #2172 playfirlo colour differences Posted by Phatchit (3 years ago)

Post #2390 Left Outlane Fix Posted by NoQuarters (3 years ago)

Post #2457 DIY Krang Mod Instructions Posted by ABE_FLIPS (3 years ago)

Post #4037 Glider Servo DIY replacement Posted by PinHead50 (3 years ago)

Post #4120 Link to Amazon product page for replacement servo for glider Posted by PinHead50 (3 years ago)

Post #4327 Sloppy soldering at factory causing overvoltage error - fix Posted by Blackzarak (3 years ago)

Post #4374 Replacing bad glider servo with amazon better one Posted by arcadenerd925 (3 years ago)

Post #4698 Center Ramp non-registering opto fix Posted by spidey (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider happy81724.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1080 3 years ago

I’m getting my LE tomorrow. Anything I should check/do before playing it? Sounds like there are a couple of issues to be aware of out of the box. Thanks!

#1083 3 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Mostly it seems to check the diverter behind the turtle van. Check if its loose at all or if diverter is hitting the ramp. My diverter is hitting the ramp so i put some foam there and its fine

ok, thanks

#1131 3 years ago

Ok, I got mine today and checked it all over and this was in the coin box. Clearly for the diverter behind the van. Wtf. So I see I can take the coil out there has to be screw that goes into it. I don’t see that screw and will I have to take the whole ramp of to fix it?

79A604D2-AE9F-4D1D-AB77-6DAB0E157D29 (resized).jpeg79A604D2-AE9F-4D1D-AB77-6DAB0E157D29 (resized).jpegD8FE7C20-9B7C-4286-82C1-AAEBF3588010 (resized).jpegD8FE7C20-9B7C-4286-82C1-AAEBF3588010 (resized).jpeg
#1145 3 years ago
Quoted from Stosel:

If your diverter has come apart during shipping, or you do not like the idea of mounting something to your ramp, both of these issues can be fixed by tightening the nut under the diverter, as shown by piperpinball. He has provided great pictures showing how to re-install your diverter, and how to tighten the nut without removing the ramp. Tightening the nut moves the diverter flap back far enough so that it is no longer hitting the plastic ramp. You will need a 3/8’’ wrench.

My problem is I can’t holt the screw and that top part to come together. You can’t use a wrench until it gets started. Assuming this is the screw that’s underneath

B69C0445-309D-4CFC-863F-47593F5435B1 (resized).jpegB69C0445-309D-4CFC-863F-47593F5435B1 (resized).jpeg
#1164 3 years ago

How do I get to co-op mode? I tried both buttons but nothing is showing coop

#1166 3 years ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

Before you start a game hold both flipper buttons then a menu appears.

ah, ok, that worked, thanks!

#1263 3 years ago

Happy for the code update. I literally just hit the ball in the van for multiball and it ended the game. They really are going to make this pin More amazing than it already is.

#1272 3 years ago
Quoted from protocol_j:

Don't do it!
Game audio completely screwed up on LE after updating to 1.10.
Update itself went clean, got all successes. But now audio quality took a dive. Callouts, music, all sounds garbled (underwater effect).

Mine sounded bad too. It’s weird it changes the back box speaker from 8 ohm to 4 ohm. Go into settings under utilities then Audio to change it back to 8. You will see it’s the only one not factory default. Sounds perfect now

#1274 3 years ago
Quoted from protocol_j:

I spent some time playing around with the audio settings--looks like they mistakenly changed the default backbox speaker impedance to 4 Ohm (should be 8 on the LE, I believe) among other things. Restoring this helps significantly, but not all the way.
Anyone on LE 1.04 that can tell us what the audio defaults are?

Correct, it fixed mine. No issues now but I didn’t check before to see if 1.04 was on 4. I’d doubt it

#1277 3 years ago
Quoted from Potatoloco:

Just looked, 1.04 is on 8 as default.

Cool, Then everyone needs to change that back. They must of missed it but it’s the new code is great!

#1489 3 years ago

I did for my Le. People have thought it came that way so it fits in pretty good. I like it, lights up great

5A400BCF-B252-478B-B23E-F6E1D984573D (resized).jpeg5A400BCF-B252-478B-B23E-F6E1D984573D (resized).jpegF5754CAE-0B6B-4AA1-A6BD-C6108C46DC29 (resized).jpegF5754CAE-0B6B-4AA1-A6BD-C6108C46DC29 (resized).jpeg
#1530 3 years ago

Mine looks good and they put a washer under it. Not sure if others have washers. The Star post is by the left out lane. I don’t see any others posts to really check

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#1538 3 years ago
Quoted from ctl723:

I stand corrected- looks like they did do something there to raise that post up. Wonder if mine was just left out, or if it was a later stage change.

Yeah, or they just missed it. Not sure how it all works. I have 308 but build date July 2

#1548 3 years ago
Quoted from NathanN:

My pro looks phenomenal as well. Had a friend / tech over and we talked about how nice the PF was.. it is crazy to see LE having this many issues.. wild how pros are good but LE are not??

I don’t think there are a lot of issues. Just the diverter which is easy to fix if it happens with the guide. The clear doesn’t seem like it’s every le. So far one with issues but I’m sure more could come out. Honestly, every company has issues out of box for a small portion of their pins. I don’t think 100% of any build has been flawless

#1549 3 years ago
Quoted from ctl723:

It's hard to tell from the picture. Is it a big washer that goes to the edges of the post, or a small one that leaves a "lip" overhang around the post edges? For example could you slide a fingernail underneath the post edge?

Yeah, I don’t feel an bubble there

352732AB-4759-408D-A628-244A06C9DB08 (resized).jpeg352732AB-4759-408D-A628-244A06C9DB08 (resized).jpegE40BC9E4-74CB-4B33-9719-F7D7080158AE (resized).jpegE40BC9E4-74CB-4B33-9719-F7D7080158AE (resized).jpeg
#1553 3 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

Perfect pics. This is exactly what’s happening to my jp2 from June 2020. Unreal.

I had something similar with my bm66. It never chipped but did eventually by the penguin shot. Told myself I’ll never buy a nib again but I ended up with an Tmnt Le. Luckily it’s just the diverter issue for me that I fixed. I’m sure we will see more with pooling big and small

#1572 3 years ago
Quoted from Durzel:

This is why this sh*t will never change.
Sorry man, no offence, but people are walking into this with eyes wide open at this point.

No worries, my tmnt is good so it was worth the gamble. They definitely have a lot to work on to get defects down

#1574 3 years ago
Quoted from mcvetyty:

It is super fun - definitely getting one here, but will be waiting until January when the factory is nice and cool/dry to order mine!

Probably a good choice. Looking back, any pin I had clear issues with were summer builds.

#1590 3 years ago
Quoted from Waxx:

Every disti I've spoken with is sold out of almost everything and backordered on everything else. Stern can't make enough to meet demand currently. I've been debating cancelling my order but the truth is there is a line of people waiting behind me hoping I do.
[quoted image]

Yep, 3 distros i talked to has said the same that stern is back ordered on any popular pin and used sterns are selling at an all time high very quick. I got offered more for my Deadpool than I paid NIB. I love DP and didn’t sell because you can’t get another one nib for a while. If you want a Munsters or black knight you can get those nib but Deadpool, tmnt and JP are on back order from what I was told.

#1609 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

I feel exactly the same way. I bought a DP premium in 2018 was my first NIB and what a disappointment in QC the playfield was dimples galore on day 1 right out of the box and cheap switches breaking rubbers popping/breaking off and post sleeves not much thicker than paper (ok that’s a little bit of an exaggeration) but still. Shitty experience when you spend so much. I’m dreading the day a pin comes out that I really really want to buy from Stern. JP comes close but not enough.
I too look through these new Stern game threads to see the QC issues that are surfacing and it doesn’t look like they are changing their ways, unfortunately.
Right now I’m happy my next NIB will be Spooky’s Rick and Morty and I think it will be (definitely hope) it will be a better experience! We’ll see in November when I get it.

I guess what’s an acceptable failure rate for a nib? My buddy bought a big Lebowski that had issues out of the box With a coil that didn’t work and a dialed in with issues out of the box with the screen 1/2 too low, blown fuse and the mechanic not working properly. I don’t think any manufacturer is perfect. How many pins is stern making and how many have major issues? I have owned 5 nib and my buddies 10 or more and besides minor tweaking Im the only one that had a major issue with playfield chipping on one pin.

#1611 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Depends on what you call major. If I buy an 6-9K pinball machine I dont want even minor issues when it comes to my playfield. I can fix a switch that isnt registering or something like that but I cant fix bad clearcoat on the playfield and I take pride in my games and I don't want a shitty playfield.

I agree, so let’s just say issues with clear that chips. Any idea how many stern has failing vs produced?

#1613 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

No one has any clue.

So how does any know it’s a major issue?

#1623 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I have several friends who have playfield issues and i also see lots of people on here that are having playfield issues so i gotta believe there is a problem rather than it being a coincidence. It’s enough to scare me from buying a new game lets put it that way. If these games were good quality i would have a JP Premium and a Elvira 3 sitting in my basement right now, instead i have been afraid to buy them and trust me I want these two games bad.

Yep, I get it. I was nervous after BM66. I’m glad I bought my tmnt but I was definitely gun shy. I had an opportunity to buy a JP pretty reasonable and didn’t because of the BM66 issue. Then I started thinking about it and came to the conclusion that no one knows if it’s a common issue or not. I tried to put things in perspective a bit and said eff it I’m buying tmnt .

I’m not a huge fan of stern, I think they cheap out on any part they can but they are on a roll making some really fun pins. My brother bought JP prem and the playfield is great and the game is amazingly fun. I love our Deadpool as well. I guess either the playfield issues are minimal or not bad enough to deter enough people from buying. It took my brother almost 5 months to get JP prem and he ordered it in February. COVID obviously hit but he was told they were in a 2 month back log once they got back online

#1633 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

just dont be mad when you get a bad playfield and then bad customer service from Stern

Yep, I understand the risk but they have actually been good to me on my claims and recently.

#1636 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

You may have a good distro. I think this is the main thing to help you get you claims over the line.

I reach out to them directly. Not though my distributor

#1655 3 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

Too bad, harder than JP2 ??

I Am pretty bad at pinball but love playing it. Most of our pins I sell because they are too hard For us. Star Wars pro was probably one of the worst experiences I had in pinball with it being too hard. I love Star Wars so really bummed. Tmnt plays smooth and fun like JP. Once you start hitting some shots and get the hang of it then it’s a blast. We played as a 4 player coop family last night and got 26M. Some games we get 2 or 3 M. JP I find we can play decent as well and enjoy it the flow on that one too. If my brother didn’t have JP we would own one

Side note - My kids are 5 and 7. The 5 year old has had 5M game before and My 7 has hit 7M. Nothing crazy but the play for a while. You also need to make sure it’s setup well is the left out lane can be thirsty.

#1658 3 years ago
Quoted from Waxx:

GotG and TMNT have the same but different left outlane setups. TMNT has a post above the metal "M" which helps but is missing the adjustable post in the top left of the outlane. I'm fine with it as long as I can figure out how to not have the lair empty into the outlane.

I had the lair do it once out of probably hundreds of times. You can buy thicker rubbers for the posts too that might help

#1668 3 years ago
Quoted from Waxx:

. I'm fine with it as long as I can figure out how to not have the lair empty into the outlane.

If you are having issues with the lair put a ball save timer on just so you don’t lose your ball

B0904435-9A0B-48EC-8BEC-46FDE5C6E04A (resized).jpegB0904435-9A0B-48EC-8BEC-46FDE5C6E04A (resized).jpeg
#1676 3 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

Lol, is that really a game setting for Borg bounces??? He should just drop the rail between the two inlanes more to prevent the shit kicks.

Not really, it’s only for the slow drop out of the lair. It’s similar to other pins that have a shot coming out of a stall area that could drain like GB coming out of the subway you can set a timer just Incase it doesn’t come out right and drains Instantly

#1685 3 years ago

Awesome seeing the pros coming out so you guys can enjoy them. This might be borgs best pin yet. Just got a 20m score and it was a rush. It keeps me coming back for one more

#1697 3 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Are the ramps really tight shots? I get a lot of bricks. I keep fiddling with the pitch but cant find the right one. Just put the bubble exactly in middle earlier and will give that a go for a bit and see.

I don’t think so you just have to get use to the speed

#1719 3 years ago

I see why people put members only for these forums. People are making negative statements and talking it down yet they have never owned or in some cases even played one

#1721 3 years ago

Stern’s best release for 2020 guaranteed.

Quoted from rockrand:

Ya but don’t forget the pooling!

It’s been forgotten, They changed it to Stern’s best release for 2020 guaranteed.

#1739 3 years ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

I don't know if anyone else feels this way but the constant screaming towards the left outlane and every bricked shot hurtling straight down the middle is seriously killing the game for me.

I put bigger rubber on the post and it helped a lot. Also made sure it was perfectly level at the bottom

#1741 3 years ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

When you mean level do you mean the rubber should be closer to the bottom of the the post?

No, sorry, I did the bigger rubber on the post and then have a small level I placed down by the flippers and made sure it was level at the bottom of the playfield

#1743 3 years ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

Oh i gotcha. My bubble meter is dead in the center.

Ok, try that bigger post rubber on both sides and the pitch is good

#1745 3 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

What bigger post rubber are you talking about using? Do they make fatter rings for star posts?

they make bigger ones for the metal post. Probably 25% larger for the biggest titan ones. Not sure on the Star Posts

#1803 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinman502:

Is it just me or does it seem like the medieval madness guys come out in force to keep anything else from being on top but a 30-year-old game I seen a rating of one on turtles that would’ve made it the worst game in history I don’t see how someone could hate it that much

One person gave it a bad rating because of the issues out of the box. There is no category for that so not sure how you rate it low especially when they thought it was a great game.

For new pins it might be a good idea to have a separate rating for quality. It could be completely separate to the 4 categories they have now since you can’t rate the older pins but it would be interesting to see.

#1808 3 years ago
Quoted from CPanther95:

Got my LE and JP Premium delivered same day. Both great games, but find myself enjoying the JP more at this point. But I'm at the "don't know what I don't know" stage still. Think the TMNT ruleset is going to take me some time to get my head around.

Awesome day! Congrats! Two great pins

#1833 3 years ago

How many plays approximately did it take to chip the playfield clear?

Mine took less than 300 plays on my BM66

9547A867-692E-4963-834A-1E6712918A92 (resized).jpeg9547A867-692E-4963-834A-1E6712918A92 (resized).jpeg
#1847 3 years ago
Quoted from RoyalJack:

Hi everyone, this is my first post on Pinside. I am excitedly waiting for my Premium to ship. This will be my first Pinball machine ever! (I have 8 video arcade machines though). This thread has been very informative for me as a first time pin owner to give me things to look out for. Anyways I just wanted to thank you all for taking the time to document findings and fixes here!!!!

Awesome, welcome to the pinball world. Watch out, they multiply!

#1850 3 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

Lol, yup. In a year or three from now, his collection will be 8 pins + 1 MAME.
Welcome royaljack!

Haha....that’s what I did. Went from 3 Arcade’s to 1 mame and 10 pins

#1851 3 years ago

Another code update. Crazy how much they are working to make this code even better!

#1928 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

So any other ideas of what to put on the pro where that glider is on the prem/le? I know a glider is available to add on but it really does block your view which is another reason for the pro. Something less bulky. You guys are much more creative than me. Any thoughts?

Have you played an le or premium? I don’t feel it blocks my view on my LE. It’s not that big or blocky and the spot it’s at your not really missing anything for the area it does block

#1932 3 years ago
Quoted from Waxx:

It kind of blocks the Episode insert and I don't like that either. I mean the Episode insert is 20% of the size of the Ninja Pizza Parlor insert for some reason and that doesn't help.

Ah, yep, That I could see. I usually hear them say episode is ready to hit it

Quoted from delt31:

I have (helicon brew has both). It def blocks vs pro. Not enough where I would say pass on the prem/le alone (there are much more reasons for that) although I wasn't anticipating all of the issues that glider diverter would bring along with it too!

Gotcha, I didn’t think about the episode insert either.

#1939 3 years ago
Quoted from BaxterStockman:

This banner? I messaged Flip N Out awhile back and they had one. Should be arriving today actually.
[quoted image]

How much was that?

#1957 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

So I don't see any issues after initial review. Here is that star post. Can't tell if a washer is under our not. Looks like yes?
[quoted image]

Looks like a plastic washer. Mine is metal but you definitely have something to stop the Star edges from digging in. Art has definitely changed too unless le and pro are different

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#1973 3 years ago

Make it for the LE too please! That’s the sh*t I grew up with every Saturday morning. It’s like when fat panda added the 90s xmen song and sounds. Love it!

#1981 3 years ago
Quoted from Sluggo39:

I’m considering trading my BKSOR premium for TMNT premium decisions, decisions.

If it’s a straight trade I would do it ASAP before the other person changes their mind!

#1983 3 years ago
Quoted from CPanther95:

How important is it to replace the factory pinballs?

People say they are trash but the last two nib pins I bought I just inspected them, cleaned and waxed them and they have been good. No issues in the either pin.

#2109 3 years ago
Quoted from RPZ:

Famous old argument... Pro Vs LE... and always the same, people that are in for the Pro trying to justify how useless/pointless the extras are, and people down for a Premium/LE pointing out how they find these SAME few things important enough to have made them go for their choice...
Just enjoy YOUR choice guys, no one needs justification from anyone else (unless wife )
We are all lucky to be able to enjoy pinballs at home, so just be happy and keep flipping!

Well said! Happy with my choice and wouldn’t change it.

#2110 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

That’s too bad bc that seems to go against the nature of this game which is much more flow than a trap and shoot. I understand your point though. Makes more sense

I still divert mine depending on which side I need to hit. it’s more important to hit It well before you try to hit a lane. It’s used both ways.

#2126 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Yes sir!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

#2220 3 years ago

Love mine, no issues, just plain fun. It’s always great to hear non owners bitch about stern quality in the owners only thread. I get it, you won’t buy one because of the poor quality.

Also, I thought there was forum already setup to complain about stern quality issues.

#2317 3 years ago

Put Baxter on the playfield. Wings wouldn’t fit but he looks pretty good.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#2450 3 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

This being my first LE was my first Stern HD glass pin. I guess Im a believer now and just ordered 2 more sheets of invisiglass for my deadpool and Star Wars Comic. Just makes it look so much nicer and had to have it..

All my keeper pins have voodoo glass (Invisiglass). It’s awesome

#2490 3 years ago
Quoted from JonCBrand:

I don't feel that my left drain is much worse than right.
155 Games 356 balls. 40 ended games
215 center drains
84 Left
57 right

Mine on 180 games is the following
Left - 136
Center - 310
Right- 59

I put bigger post rubbers so it makes sense I have that many center drains

#2505 3 years ago
Quoted from mikehoss1414:

Surprise waiting for me when I got home today...no call, text, email or any communication since I ordered it. Thankfully the babysitter hadn’t taken my kids anywhere and was home to open the garage!!!
No issues with the printing on this premium btw, it’s absolutely beautiful
[quoted image][quoted image]

Looks awesome!

#2533 3 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

You're not supposed to reach wizard modes every other game. If you did, then you might be unhappy about it being too easy?

I agree with this and it’s the reason I sold Munsters and honestly monster bash recently. Too easy to get to the wizard modes. Most pins I will sell if I can beat them pretty easy but if they are way too hard the family won’t play them. Tmnt is a really good mix for us so it’s a long term pin or even a keeper. Only a few in my lineup I have beat regularly and kept because I love something else about it like the art on sorcerer and mix it creates compared to my modern pins.

#2562 3 years ago

Premiums look great, are all the pro grainy or just some? Just curious if they gave a cheaper playfield on pros and the better ones for le/prem

#2593 3 years ago
Quoted from Aquapin:

Started working on my topper. Happy with the initial results, but need bigger figures or ?? (If you have other suggestions please share). If I stick with 4 figures I will likely add 4 individual leds that tap into there corresponding flasher on the PF.
Logo protrudes about 2" and is back-lit in green. The lower section has an RGB so it can be any colour and pulses.
[quoted image]

Larger figures for sure. Even if they block a little of the logo i don’t see that as an issue.

#2615 3 years ago

I replaced the black hard plastic post protectors with these thinner translucent rubber protectors that I bought for my Alice Cooper. These are about as thin as they make them but I was surprised the black protectors originally were hard plastics. The ball is a lot more forgiving and I’ve got that ramp more often. Definitely has helped with the bricks that drain

014B726A-E639-42EF-B124-69352ABA937D (resized).jpeg014B726A-E639-42EF-B124-69352ABA937D (resized).jpeg

#2620 3 years ago
Quoted from acons017:

Great to see you guys have success with these. Mind providing a link? Going to purchase ASAP

https://www.pinballlife.com/perfectplay-1-116-thin-stern-compatible-rubber-post-sleeve.html

You can get thicker ones but I did the thin ones

#2625 3 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

those break in a few hundered games, I have been there

Yep, me too, that’s why I bought 20

#2636 3 years ago

Question for the pro owners. How does the turtle van multiball start? I have a friend who is considering a pro or premium and all I know is the what my LE has for features. I know my glider I can divert either way which is awesome for play to get to the proper side and crane is integrated but I thought the van was different for the pro vs prem

#2641 3 years ago
4B69B65F-0E63-4232-AB8D-FF29C0545424 (resized).jpeg4B69B65F-0E63-4232-AB8D-FF29C0545424 (resized).jpegA357913C-137A-4B51-8B80-E6D39C23F9BD (resized).jpegA357913C-137A-4B51-8B80-E6D39C23F9BD (resized).jpeg
#2643 3 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

What size post is that? Im going to order some replacements as well as that shot bricks all the time...

https://www.pinballlife.com/perfectplay-1-116-thin-stern-compatible-rubber-post-sleeve.html

Order these but order extras because they will need to be replaced more often with how thin they are. I ordered 20 or so when I did it

#2669 3 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

balls are released into the left orbit.. roll down to the flipper which is held out.. and feed to the magnet. They spin and then are released. Can get a ball fed from the plunger that comes around and you can get a shot at smacking the balls locked on the spinning magnet too

So the van multiball is the same as the pizza multiball? They both lock in the same spot? In the le when the turtle van is multiball is ready the ball loads in the back by shooting the right ramp and then the balls drop out of the door of the van.

#2675 3 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

I spent my TMNT money on an Oktoberfest & unboxed it yesterday.
Now the question remains, will I spend this other TMNT/Stern money (lol, I'm a pinball addict) on the next CGC, AP, JJP (gasp) or circle back to TMNT/Stern?
I'm watching this thread to see if playfields, servos & pizzas get resolved on a manufacturing level. Also wanting to see what happens to those affected thus far.
TMNT looks "radical man". Fingers crossed everything gets worked out!

Oktoberfest was a much better choice. I probably would hold out for something other than tmnt. There will always be a chance you’re pin won’t be perfect from stern but then again my brother and I have had issues with jjp too. It’s up to you as I’m sure there are one or two perfect stern pins out there. Maybe you’ll win the stern lottery if you do make the leap

#2683 3 years ago
Quoted from RikeIsland:

Just got my Premium in and the artwork looks bright and crisp. No pooling that I can see and it has the artwork under the star post with a washer. After work I will finally get to flip it. COWABUNGA!!!!

Go home sick and take a long weekend! It will be worth it. It’s an awesome pin. Our favorite of the lineup right now

#2686 3 years ago
Quoted from hawkfanz:

Question for the owners out there...is this game fun for younger kids or is it frustratingly hard? I love everything I've seen about this game but I'm worried a lot of owners are saying it's fast and unforgiving. I love that style but want to make sure the whole family would enjoy it.

My kids are 5 and 7. Closer to 6 and 8 but they love it. I think their high scores are around 10 mil but we play a lot of coop mode and wizard mode which they enjoy. They really love being on my wife’s and my team trying to beat the bad guys. It’s not too fast for them but I have it setup pretty easy with 15 sec ball save, extra balls when you can get them, etc
43D83DCC-F143-42C4-9B5C-B686CCB7B2C2 (resized).jpeg43D83DCC-F143-42C4-9B5C-B686CCB7B2C2 (resized).jpeg

Here is a video of her playing

https://photos.app.goo.gl/QeHcVuy8TNmZNZYd6

#2696 3 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

Should have it in upright position not lying down.[quoted image]

I’ve set them down numerous times you just have to make sure it’s the belly side that says forklift to pick up that side

#2724 3 years ago
Quoted from kh39540:

So what are these holes for? Now that I've noticed them, they bug the piss out of me.[quoted image]

Flipper alignment, most pins have them

#2776 3 years ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

O played this game for the first time last week. I really enjoyed it however would anybody agree it is just like DeadPool? I can't imagine owning both? Gameplay is different but the animations, voices seem the same.

I own dp and tmnt. They are nothing alike in my opinion. Both super fun but completely different layouts and play

#2806 3 years ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

Yep, Thats what I was saying but nobody reads anymore. The layouts are different but call outs and animations felt too similiar.

guilty ....if you like DP you will like tmnt. Play is so different that any other similarities are a bonus

#2880 3 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Yep, did this as well. As it is though, you cannot do the skill shot on the pro if you want to select your turtle. It needs fixing.
Overall it’s a silly mechanic to launch a ball with the action button. Why when you have a perfectly good plunger? Makes no sense. Action button should be for selection and well... actions!

Agreed, i don’t like it launching and sometimes i hit it by accident leaning over looking at something on the playfield. It’s not used much for action but Le is diverts but there is also a pizza eating contest where you have to press it 40 times as quick as you can. Does the pro have that mode?

#2925 3 years ago
Quoted from Quadrat:

I hope that's where this is going to.

they have a video on how it works. It’s playing the music from the pin (not your own) and making lists. supposedly they will have a ton more later so hopefully it’s something better down the road

#3101 3 years ago

I tried dead flips tactic to hit the lair shot. It’s not easy. I usually get the shot by pure luck. Anyone have a decent strategy for it?

#3111 3 years ago

For Le folks, what speaker lights did you buy? I see there are a couple of options

#3113 3 years ago
Quoted from garretswinning:

Speakerlightkits.com you can go full grill or speaker only choice is yours. I really like them and was very happy with the outcome. I will prob get the speaker light only light also for a comparison. If you get the add on to go with music make sure your pizza disc is not grinding. The grind will throw it off going to the music and wont work properly.

Cool, thanks!

#3151 3 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Is the premium worth the extra cheddar on this title? Need reliability for location play

For sure, I’ve got to play both now and glad I didn’t go with the pro. You can’t divert,
Interactive crane and van lock is great. I know people had issues with with the van and glider but once functional add a ton to the game. The divert alone is a big change to the game.

Hope you get a chance to play them both.

#3175 3 years ago
Quoted from oldmanpinball:

what the hell stern. the game is brand new. going to have to do the washer trick.
wondering how long the playfield will hold up over the years??
[quoted image]

They seem to chip where there is pooling. My Deadpool had slight pooling by the katana ramp. They made a prototype cliffy for it and I put it on. Another guy I know didn’t and his eventually chipped. My catwoman chipped by the metal penguin hole. Luckily I found it, glued it back and then cleared it. Looked great again but it also wasn’t in a noticeable area

Definitely want to do something over pooling areas if you see them. I know some heat it and smooth it but you’d definitely want to ask how they did it. Sounds like it was with an iron or something.

#3179 3 years ago

it is not only the clear. the art work is chipping off the playfield.
like it did not adhere or did not stick to the wood

This is what happened to my catwoman. It was slightly pooling and then chipped. Art came off with it

C79FF8C0-BE6B-4567-90BF-88B04A01132E (resized).jpegC79FF8C0-BE6B-4567-90BF-88B04A01132E (resized).jpeg
#3186 3 years ago

that looks bad. I have been buying games for over 30 years and have never seen the paint chip of the playfield like this in the past

Yeah, luckily I found the chip and glued it back. Not perfect but much better. Added clear too

A8159E24-CE5E-43D1-8ED4-AD82E0419224 (resized).jpegA8159E24-CE5E-43D1-8ED4-AD82E0419224 (resized).jpeg
#3192 3 years ago
Quoted from ctl723:

That certainly looks better than any time I've ever tried to glue a piece back on. For future reference, what type of glue did you use?

This gel super glue

Loctite Ultra Gel Control Super Glue https://www.amazon.com/dp/B003Y49R7G/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_jnOtFbDRDSFFX

#3232 3 years ago
Quoted from kh39540:

I'll try to go up to go down some this weekend. See what it does. This is where its at now. [quoted image]

My bubble is in the center but I had to lower my back legs to almost flat and raised the front a bit. I’ve never had to do that on a pin. Usually my back legs are up further

#3243 3 years ago
Quoted from RikeIsland:

Is anyone shellshocked about the new release of the Avengers? I for one am happy with my choice. I love My TMNT and it looks good next to my IMDN.

I will get one but not sure what model. I have a tmnt LE which is the most I’ve spent on a pin so not sure what to do. I’d love an avengers LE but they are so expensive. The tmnt le i think looks a lot better. I’d assume we end up with a premium. I think the premium is a better choice than the pro. LE would be awesome if you have the cheddar for that one.

#3257 3 years ago

Avengers just crushed tmnt in my opinion and many other.

That’s surprising, you’ve seemed to love tmnt on this owners thread

#3271 3 years ago

Totally wanted a tmnt until I had playfield issues with my JP premium with radio silence from my distributor. I heard they now changed how the games are manufactured by not having ball guides touch playfield and prevent pooling.

Yep, I get it. They definitely have some crappy issues but have you played tmnt? Avengers hasn’t been released so not sure how it crushes tmnt without playing it.

Although, I am excited for avengers and will be buying a prem or le. I do think it will be awesome but won’t know if it’s better until I play it and compare.

#3392 3 years ago

I hope that topper isnt 1K. Id be in if its closer to the BKSOR topper price. There are not worth 1K for what they all do in my opinion.

#3393 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Logo on the topper really brings it down. It's literally right above the translite logo!

Quoted from Yoko2una:

I absolutely hate when a logo gets put on top of the same logo! That topper logo blocks most of the Technodrome! Ditch it and let the Technodrome look bigger! It's also not going to confuse anyone on what game it belongs to because it will always be installed 4" above the translite logo. Ugh.

yeah, that is a bummer. Doesnt make sense to have it there. Star Wars didnt or BKSOR and they seem to both be doing similar things

#3450 3 years ago

I have an AIQ LE coming either way. I’ll report back on how it compares to tmnt. I love tmnt so hopefully it’s just as fun

#3452 3 years ago

When is the expected timeframe of getting it?

End of the month

1 week later
#3709 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-NJA:

Man, Stern must of gave up on this title?
Did they even announce new code?
Or we gotta find out on our own?

They probably get tired of everyone asking for a Munsters code update when they post it. Now that’s a title they haven’t give much love but maybe it will be like Gb and get a massive update at some point

#3727 3 years ago

New code has some good fixes. I also like the shaker integration especially on pizza multiball

#3737 3 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Ha! You posted this just as I was posting mine. Must have been playing co-op!

Lol...that’s funny

#3794 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Is this happening to everyone going to the latest code? My mate was going to upgrade his LE and I told him to wait off just Incase it’s definitely the code.

I have an LE and no issues with the new code. It’s great!

#3868 3 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

Ive played The LE and not seeing or experiencing what your saying! Extremely glad I went pro on this game!

Have an le and played the pro a bunch. Glad I went with the le. I don’t have any issues Others have but the ball lock with diverter is huge for the game. Such a great pin. Getting an avengers Le too. Tmnt I was so happy with being my first LE and the difference between the pro figure try my luck again

1 week later
#4032 3 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

I still read this thread and I feel like Prem/LE buyers have nothing but problems, especially with the last code update.
EVERY extra mech in this game was reported for not working and are still getting reported- Glider, Turtle Van and Diverter. I am just happy i was able to sell my PRO with no issues, if I would have bought a LE, I couldn't have sold the non working machine... very concerning, because the trust in the resellability is why I am buying NIB games.

My only issue was the diverter in the back of the van. I fixed it day one on my LE. The screw fell out. Stern sent me a brand new ramp because it had a mark in it from the diverter plus a stern T-shirt for my troubles. Zero issues since and 500 games later. This is My most played pin ever in our collection. It always has me coming back for one more and the kids love co-op. This pin is super fun.

#4074 3 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Centre ramp design. I had to trim a little of the front right to fit my krang toy which was mounted with lermods mount. Also the right rear may need a little of it so it does not hit nut to right. [quoted image]

What do you use to cut the polycarbonate sheet?

#4103 3 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

http://www.speakerlightkits.com/Type-12.html
You won’t find a better product. And Doug is the best person for support. Great guy to deal with.

Quoted from chuckwurt:

www.speakerlightkits.com

I bought a set of deluxe for my LE. Loved them so much I just ordered deluxe sets for my pros and les

He just got the deluxe sets back in as he was sold out. Deluxe is the way to go

535F6B1F-39AB-499C-BFFD-417266C7F30B (resized).jpeg535F6B1F-39AB-499C-BFFD-417266C7F30B (resized).jpeg
#4118 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Tmnt Pinball meet tmnt arcade....
I thought why not. Replaced that stagnant picture of the lair. Shoot loop so it can't be too much but it's nice just to see.

Fun! We’re you able to make changes for the newest code?

3 weeks later
#4633 3 years ago

BKSOR is awesome for a topper. Looks real, talks trash, seems like the black knight is actually part of the game and costs $450. I was very happy with this topper

Star Wars r2d2 is loud when it moves, doesn’t really beep when you think it should and just spins back and forth so not sure how it’s interactive. Huge disappointment for me at $750

Tmnt topper - This eye looks not really be interactive, turtles do light up but it’s nothing special. I was all for it until I saw it in action and the price.

1 week later
#4801 3 years ago

I don’t know if others have the same experience but now that I’m starting to nail the shots this is by far my favorite pin in the lineup. I really feel bad for people have gave up on it too quickly or jumped ship for AIQ/gnr

#4825 3 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

Saw this, and thought some people with a TMNT might want it for their machine - a Turtles barstool on sale for $30:
https://www.gamestop.com/video-games/arcade/products/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-arcade-stool/11100986.html

Not available

4 weeks later
#5143 3 years ago

Played 4 player coop with just me instead of the family. Almost got to the final battle. I had multiple team ups which was fun. I really enjoy this pin. Tons of great stuff!

#5173 3 years ago
Quoted from BaxterStockman:

Definitely. I'm only a few weeks into owning mine and I'm slowly getting better at it. Some shots I still struggle with. But I can definitely tell the game is slowing down for me. (Like NFL players say)
This game is bolted to my floor.

Yep, same for me. Feel bad for people who didn’t give it a chance. It’s still one of our most played pins

1 week later
#5331 3 years ago

Any one else think this could be one of the most diverse coded pins ever? Coop, half shell challenge, final battle plus just the great game to play?

I loved this pin before but just so much more being added. Awesome job

#5332 3 years ago
Quoted from Blackzarak:

I have the premium and it’s really nice able to control the Diverter and able to set up what ever shot you want to combo or finish a mode very nice touch, left ramp nonstop all day feels good

Agreed, plus the turtle van lock is great. It will always be debated. I have friends who had the pro but agree the premium/le is the way to go with the diverter and lock but others say pro is best. Of course if I owned a pro I’d probably say that one is great.

Bottom line, all models are awesome. I’m happy I did an le because it’s a keeper but pro I’m sure would of been great too.

Way way way better than Star Wars IMO. If Star Wars we would of slightly liked it would of been a keeper from the theme alone

1 week later
#5417 3 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Dwight has worked so hard on our TMNT code and it shows! Such an awesome game on so many levels. Be sure to vote for TMNT in all categories at: thisweekinpinball.com

It was top on a lot of the categories for me! I already voted. Avengers took some too. I really love hot wheels but not as much as tmnt. It’s about a tie to avengers though in our family ranking just couldn’t put it over anything we had for the voting

#5441 3 years ago
Quoted from Mizzou0103:

I’m considering adding TMNT and was wondering how you all find the depth of code? Have you all beaten the final wizard mode already? For reference, I’ve had Deadpool for about 18 months and finally beat the wizard mode, so I want to make sure the game will keep me occupied for at least that long.

I have DP too and feel like tmnt is more diverse and pretty deep. I don’t think you have much to worry about if that’s your concern. I haven’t gotten close to beating tmnt but I beat DP

#5456 3 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Not sure when this mentality of “beating the game” by getting to an end all wizard mode, like we do in video gaming crept in? Pinball has never been that kind of game; of getting to the end and then you’re done with it, no more to do in the game.
Always thought pinball was about mastering the table and getting GC score, etc....

I can tell you for me and my family where we grew up on video games that a pin that is easy to beat and then it’s rinse and repeat we move those quick. Every pin I own a everyone in the family hasn’t beat except sorcerer and that’s only staying because my wife loves the art. Not sure it’s because I grew up in the home console era or what but we all share the same idea on a pin which is why we have the collection we have

1 week later
#5554 3 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Thanks for the advise
Choice between TMNT and gotg was a tough one.
I only have gotg LE like 6-8 weeks so perhaps still in honeymoon phase. But because of theme, music and video I decided in the end for gotg.
Was a close call as I do believe TMNT has more shots and could be a better player pin but to afraid I couldn’t get over the theme. The sounds and music (I played it like 2 hours) just didn’t do it with me. Shots is another topic and this I like TMNT a lot and made me hesitate for such a long time. Not that I dislike it but have also no sentimental memories of the turtles. So perfect would have been a TMNT layout with gotg theme.
Thanks again for the advise and who knows what the future will bring.

Right now we love tmnt and I have had it for months. GOTG is great too. Probably a keeper. Surprisingly, my wife doesn’t like avengers le. She likes our tmnt le better and I do too. Almost thinking about selling avengers LE for my brothers Wonka LE. It’s a tough choice because avengers will only get better with code and it’s pretty good now

#5561 3 years ago
Quoted from Audioenslaved:

Why don’t you just short term trade it with your brother best of both worlds. Although I think aiq is a lot better than judge dredd in a standard cab or should I say wonka.

That would be a great idea but he is selling it to build a shed so wouldn’t trade. I wish I could because that would be awesome

2 weeks later
#5739 3 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

For the record, myself and several friends have LEs from the first batch with zero issues on the playfield or anything else for that matter. This has been overblown by a few here on Pinside and is not an issue as a whole. (But for the few this has been an issue, I hope they get replacements, which I’m sure Stern will honor)
After owning an LE for a while, I do think the TMNT Pro is a good machine, but wouldn’t devalue absolute outstanding extras the LE/Prem have. They are definitely worth having and so much fun in the equation of the fab software package. I’ve played plenty of both and the extras are must have’s imo. And there have been no “headaches” at all. My LE has worked flawlessly from out of the box and continues to work flawlessly in every area, after having over 1000 plays. Only issue I’ve ever had is a screw coming out of the center ramp, that just needed to be retightened.
There is no risk buying a TMNT, as some are worried about here. You’d just be missing out on one of the most outstanding pinball packages to ever come out, by not buying. It is that good and no I don’t own stock in Stern. Yes, I think Stern’s prices should be less and are too high as well. Lol

My Le has been great! Keeper pin for sure and no issues. Always have a ton of fun playing it. No regrets choosing an LE. Plus the art package is awesome.

I am about to sell my aiq le. I like the play but they didn’t change the art for the LE from the prem so not a ton of difference in the model. I figure I might as well get a premium down the road and make room for my LZ LE coming soon.

#5743 3 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Completely right. It’s funny because I was in on Zep LE, but after seeing gameplay I passed.
I was ordering TMNT ProNIB but couldn’t get a straight answer from the distro. Took weeks. In the meantime I found a Maiden LE. Passed on Turtles Pro. Then found a TMNT Pro NIB and was able to trade my GOT. No regrets.

You’ll have to play Led Zeppelin for sure. I played my buddys pro and bought an le because it was such a great shooting pin. It’s just missing that third ramp that’s in the prem/LE. That kills the pros third flipper flow. If you like IMDN you’ll like LZ

Tmnt has a different type of a flow. It’s very fast and you can get the ball cranking around the ramps and loops. To the point you have to slow it down. Then it has really challenging shot on the liar and a very easy shot for the pizza shop. Great variety, I absolutely love it

#5835 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

So I'm debating on my next machine. I either want a TMNT pro or a deadpool pro. I know I'm looking for yes men by coming here and asking, but I'd like your thoughts on this? I hear the game is "hard?" Keep in my I love The Walking Dead and my favorite thing is getting killed in that stupid game.
Are the shots too tight? What makes it difficult?

I currently own both but tmnt LE and DP pro. I think Deadpool is a lot of pin for the money. Tons of fun shots, great and unique layout plus pretty long play times. Tmnt is face, furious and a great rush with a fun theme. I don’t think you can go wrong with either. The only way I move my Deadpool is if I find an LE or Prem for a decent price

#5887 3 years ago

Me and the kiddo playing tmnt now both the arcade and pinball. A lot of tmnt happening in that pic

267FD3DA-3202-452E-9C14-5A0B9BC4386F (resized).jpeg267FD3DA-3202-452E-9C14-5A0B9BC4386F (resized).jpeg
3 weeks later
#6143 3 years ago
Quoted from onemilemore:

What's the word on Krang mods? Borrowing a premium from a friend and shouldn't like Krang but holy cow, it cracks us up. Really would like to spend pro money if there is a way to add a similar Krang to the mix instead of going bigger just for a silly jumping brain.

People have added a similar looking krang and lot him up. He doesn’t jump or anything but if you go to pics you’ll see some in here

This Post is the diy https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-club2020-cowabunga-its-pizza-time/page/50#post-5800710

BCBE5B8C-C56A-4E28-91B3-692C2D0DABD8 (resized).pngBCBE5B8C-C56A-4E28-91B3-692C2D0DABD8 (resized).png
#6156 3 years ago
Quoted from arcadenerd925:

My glider was mostly working, but had two issues:
1. It was "glitchy" or "jittery", as in, it would never stay still in one spot. Most of the time it worked but this would sometimes cause balls to not stop there at the glider when they were supposed to.
2. The glider mech itself felt loose/droopy. This would sometimes cause it to get stuck or for the ball to get stuck as it would lock into place and stop moving.
Sadly, the only way to tighten up the assembly is to completely take it apart (which would address #2)
My Distro said that since the diverter still basically worked, they couldnt get another from Stern.. fun.
How complicated could this be? I dinked around with servo's growing up in my RC cars and planes. So I figured I would give it a shot. This is the one I ended up ordering from Amazon. Not sure if I would suggest this one for others due to the issues I had (see below).
[quoted image]
First thing I had to do was locate where it plugs in underneath. I had to cut away the heat shrink tube to get to the plug, which is basically your standard servo plug you will find on basically any model.
[quoted image]
This is the original servo from the machine:
[quoted image]
Taking the glider assembly off itself was actually pretty straight forward. Remove the lower habbitrails, remove the 3 screws on the platform and slide it out (pulling the plugs out from the pops with it). I was able to install the new servo easily. I did move the armature off the old one to the new one (the new one had a different size on it and while it was close, i figured this would mess with the positioning of the glider).
[quoted image]
Installed the assembly back into the machine, I made sure to tighten things up this time to get rid of the slack/droop. plugged it in and bam.. it worked! but wait, it was moving backwards. In the glider test, moving left made the glider move right, etc. I had everything wired up right. Maybe I ordered the wrong servo? (seems odd tho..)
Did anyone else who did this run into this problem? curious to know.
I figured.. well, a servo is just a DC motor with a potentiometer. I assumed you could

I tried this and switched the yellow and brown wires. When I turn it on it slams over to the right and keeps clicking. I can’t adjust to center. What should I do?

Update...Actually to the left it hits . I hate stern and their crappy customer service. 100 k plus in buying sterns over the last couple years and they can’t resolve any of my open issues. Done with this company. The fact I have to be in my basement trying to fix their cheap servo away from my family is complete BS

#6158 3 years ago
Quoted from PinHead50:

I know it’s junk. Buy a $30 servo and replace it. Done.

I did, I bought the recommended one on this thread. Installed it and switched the wires. It just forces it to the left. I tried to calibrate but it does nothing. I took it back off and made sure it’s was centered so where the metal wire connects and the glider sits close to center

C7FEA239-5873-4AA0-B657-CC118FC48E0D (resized).jpegC7FEA239-5873-4AA0-B657-CC118FC48E0D (resized).jpegD231A015-BE35-4F95-A052-81006AEEADAE (resized).jpegD231A015-BE35-4F95-A052-81006AEEADAE (resized).jpegF9D82028-7384-4BDD-B2BE-27DBE812777C (resized).jpegF9D82028-7384-4BDD-B2BE-27DBE812777C (resized).jpeg
#6162 3 years ago
Quoted from PinHead50:

It sounds like the servo itself isn't centered. They come from the factory centered and one thing people do is spin it as soon as they get it (not saying you did that). Here is a video on how to re-center a servo to make sure when its powered up its not trying to return to center.

I had to swap the red and green wires as well. It’s working now but it’s makes like a humming noise on the far left and far right. It’s like it wants to go further but obviously can’t with the side stopping it. I never listened to my old one but I would think position wise it would just come very close or tap it and hold position. I bet if that side didn’t stop it then it would move past it a bit. The center, right and left are good just the far right and far left you can tell it wants to go past it but physically can’t. I can only calibrate to the center which I did already and that’s dead on

1 month later
#6482 3 years ago

Here is how I got my stern katana shooter rod to work relatively regular. I put the smallest size post rubber inside the shooter rod rubber and pushed it down flat with a screw driver. It gave it enough extra length to shoot more normal.

Disappointing to pay this much for a shooter rod only to have issues and other seem to as well.

65BC834A-3B06-414E-9B9C-772AD7E6BD01 (resized).jpeg65BC834A-3B06-414E-9B9C-772AD7E6BD01 (resized).jpeg

82F01600-FDC9-4CB3-8BA9-C043BA394549 (resized).jpeg82F01600-FDC9-4CB3-8BA9-C043BA394549 (resized).jpeg
#6484 3 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Are you speaking about the TMNT katana shooter rod?

Yes

#6489 2 years ago
Quoted from dashv:

I got one of these on order. What was your issue with it?

if you search this Thread a lot of folks had issue with it not being able to plunge the ball up the ramp.

#6530 2 years ago
Quoted from wrd1972_PinDoc:

Anyone able to chime in?
Thanks

servo you can get a replacement from amazon. I did mine based off searching this thread on how to do it. Here is what i bought to replace.

Hitec 32645S HS-645MG High Torque 2BB Metal Gear Servo https://www.amazon.com/dp/B003T6RSVQ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apip_5ECjZfse2dbbE

Both the glider and shaker I would reach out to stern or distributor to put in a claim. They should replace your glider but it’s been months and I haven’t got mine still so don’t wait for them. Shaker they will help trouble shoot

1 week later
#6607 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Joining the club, just placed an order for a TMNT Premium. I was waiting on the The Mandalorian reveal but that game isn't for me, I think TMNT looks a lot more fun. Had a blast playing an LE on location a few weeks back.
Will be ordering a shaker motor and the art blades! Will take a look at what other mods are out there.

I have the following on mine.

- stern katana shooter rod - not a must have but it’s cool
- flasher ooze vial - it’s pretty cool
- left ramp pipe - helps with any issues with balls falling off
- character select frame - looks good
- shooter housing decal - I bought with other stuff but it’s another nice add.
- flipper toppers
- speaker lights - I like them a lot on premiums but I have the le ones

Pics provided

0779D4B0-5B78-4C66-84A1-5A092CD76B01 (resized).jpeg0779D4B0-5B78-4C66-84A1-5A092CD76B01 (resized).jpeg4A0A2BF6-9576-4D33-8BDD-83565AA408DC (resized).jpeg4A0A2BF6-9576-4D33-8BDD-83565AA408DC (resized).jpegA462665A-0DC9-4670-8939-67EC75B2B0AE (resized).jpegA462665A-0DC9-4670-8939-67EC75B2B0AE (resized).jpegAEDA1317-4159-42C1-82EC-D2D6B0DFC90A (resized).jpegAEDA1317-4159-42C1-82EC-D2D6B0DFC90A (resized).jpegDA739D16-B87E-4DEC-B34E-C0866628E323 (resized).jpegDA739D16-B87E-4DEC-B34E-C0866628E323 (resized).jpeg
#6620 2 years ago
Quoted from Vermont:

Is there a particular set/type of speaker lights that people recommend? I don't know much about them, but recently played a machine with them for the first time and found they were quite impressive! (Is there really any difference per pin, or are they universal?)

Yeah, the best is speakerlightkits.com. I like the deluxe on prem and pros

619D277F-F39D-4151-92BE-210D124FADBD (resized).jpeg619D277F-F39D-4151-92BE-210D124FADBD (resized).jpeg92B50713-3260-442A-889A-3435707F0C8F (resized).jpeg92B50713-3260-442A-889A-3435707F0C8F (resized).jpegAB91EBCC-DBCF-4982-8CE1-2A04C5933A77 (resized).jpegAB91EBCC-DBCF-4982-8CE1-2A04C5933A77 (resized).jpeg
#6626 2 years ago
Quoted from dinot:

I prefer the 5.25 kit for the Prem/Pro because at the same time you are upgrading the $1 backbox speakers that are in those models.

I like them too but I like LEs lights on my LEs and the rectangle lights on my pro/prem. All preference. Both great options

#6636 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Thanks! Much appreciated. The training modes sound like a cool mode idea and add another layer of depth to the game.

The code is actually really fun and I think it’s deep. Tons to do, I’ve never came close to beating it. I’m excited to see what he does with mando

#6659 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Paid $7500 shipped out the door last week for a NIB premium so that may be $1500 - $1700 more then a NIB pro? For me the additional features are worth it on top of the already great pro. The molded moving Glider is pretty damn cool in my opinion, and offers a nice option to setup your next shot. The spinning pizza disk moving either direction is also nice, adds more randomness to the game. The van physical ball lock is pretty damn cool, it fits the theme perfectly and has a wow factor to it. The moving Krang toy while not interactive with the ball still moves and helps add to the theme. The additional ramp flashers on the premium / LE are also a nice addition and help fill out the game a bit more.
I don't think you can go wrong with either model. The game is a blast to play (played an LE a few weeks back) with a lot to do rules wise! Going to install a Pinwoofer Super Kit, art blades, and a shaker motor once mine get's here tomorrow.

Where do you typically buy them from?

1 week later
#6740 2 years ago
Quoted from Audioenslaved:

Thanks for that but was more thinking the Stern tmnt banner.

This?

9235B3E9-6282-45F1-B89E-554AE137A4AC.jpeg9235B3E9-6282-45F1-B89E-554AE137A4AC.jpeg
#6751 2 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Thanks! Yeah your playfield looks fine to me. My original looked like it was colored with crayon. I haven't heard of any pooling or other issues with TMNT, but some of the first run (I think it was pro only, but not positive) ended up with grainy art, as if the printer were running out of ink. If you can't tell immediately, I would say you have a good one!

Yeah, it was pro. I bought an le on the release and luckily it’s didn’t impact those. Only the van diverter and glider seem to be issues on the prem/le.

Grainy Playfield, glider servo and van diverter were the common 3 at the beginning.

2 weeks later
#6895 2 years ago

Tmnt is still one of my favorite pins of our collection. I’ll definitely be getting some time on it this Father’s Day!

4E1E357F-C0F3-4538-BCB3-6B6C70CA9C5F (resized).jpeg4E1E357F-C0F3-4538-BCB3-6B6C70CA9C5F (resized).jpeg
#6900 2 years ago
Quoted from dashv:

Crazier is that I was able to score one of these easier than a PS5 or XBSX. I Want both and can’t land either.

Yeah, we have been too. They are still not easy to get and people are still selling them more than store price. The tmnt topper I was surprised how many are still in stock considering all others stern toppers seem sold out. Did they do another run of the tmnt topper?

#6902 2 years ago
Quoted from ticktockman:

How do I take the balls out of the van when it's time to replace the pinballs?

in settings you can do that

1 week later
#6926 2 years ago
Quoted from elcolonel:

Shameless bump, please view the Premium, that I have in marketplace.

Looks good, hope it sells. Bummer you’re not liking it. Tmnt is probably my fav of our lineup.

2 weeks later
#7056 2 years ago
Quoted from Wallofnoise:

Anything inside the Neca TMNT crate worth adding on the playfield?

There is a shredder figure but he might be too large.
I don’t think there is much else

2 weeks later
#7154 2 years ago

Does anyone have pinstadium lights on their tmnt? There are a lot of modes that are so bright and flashy I lose track of the ball. I was curious if they help. I love this pin but I just had the best game yet and drained because of all the crazy flashing

#7158 2 years ago
Quoted from dashv:

I highly recommend pinmonks light gels:
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1170-pin-monk/03944-tmnt-mode-light-bracket-set-9-inserts
These greatly reduce the stably white blinding ness of the game. He also has one for the “turtle power” light.

Thanks! I’ll have to try them out

Quoted from J-Freeze:

The flashing is out of control on this game.
Pinstadiums are usually hooked to a GI light so when it flashes, they flash.
I suppose it wouldn't be that hard to connect to a constant source though.
I think I am going to build my own for this game so I can tie the red and green in for those modes.

If you do it let me know how it goes

1 week later
#7206 2 years ago
Quoted from uccash:

Just joined the club and picked up a Pro on Sunday. I am on the list for a NIB JP Premium and pretty much just picked this up to hold me over... but the more I play it, the longer I think it will stay in my collection

Nice! I’ve played the pro a few times and like all the models. I do prefer the prem/le but have thought about downgrading my LE and put that cash towards our cabin. If you like the pro then cancelling you prem order might make sense

6 months later
#8402 2 years ago

Back in the club! I had an le previously and just bought my buddy’s pro because my son missed it. Pro is pretty awesome!

6BAAF0BE-4B52-4A9A-A2E5-26EF5D75BF13 (resized).jpeg6BAAF0BE-4B52-4A9A-A2E5-26EF5D75BF13 (resized).jpeg

#8405 2 years ago
Quoted from RVApinballer:

I grabbed a pro for $6k. Added the glider mod from mezel mods and the party van from lermods and the Neca Krang figure(adding that soon) from eBay for $50 and it looks really good. Those mods really fit the game well and fill any gaps there may have been on the pro looks wise.
The pro is a great fully featured game, it really doesn’t seem like anything is missing. I’m sure the premium is nice, but with the crazy prices all around it really seems like the pro is a good value.

Good price! I paid 7400 with the topper so mine wasn’t a great deal but local

#8408 2 years ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

I strongly recommend playing both. I played a Premium after owning my Pro for awhile and did NOT like the Premium. I remember one of the toys was blocking the view of the playfield (a pet peeve of mine) and I didn't like the small changes in flow. Sometimes the Pro is better!

It does block it somewhat but I did enjoy the different flows it created over the pro. It’s not worth the 2k difference. I’m happy with my pro even after owning an LE and putting 700 games on it

#8410 2 years ago

Does the topper add any modes like the toppers do on JP and AIQ?

#8413 2 years ago
Quoted from plasticbugs:

No additional modes yet. I feel like for a cool G, it should do more than move side to side. I don't own one, but if I did, I'd be seriously underwhelmed.

I have it and it has a lot more to it than my JP and stranger things toppers. I guess that’s why its 1k but you’re right it should do more for a grand

#8415 2 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

The topper is awesome fun!
Per Dwight:
The topper does over 20 different routines. Some routines are more involved than others.
All routines have light shows, and the eye at the top of the Technodrome will move about.
Sometimes the eye moves randomly and sometimes it looks in the direction that makes sense.
It uses the 4 turtles in the front of the topper to show which Turtle the player is thinking about choosing at game start.
It will celebrate with the player when they make some of the pinball staples:
Extra ball
Replay
Jackpots
Super Jackpot
and more
In addition to those celebrations the topper will go into several different background states.
In the attract mode:
The game cycles through various blink states.
The eye looks around randomly

Cool, thanks for this!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 22.00
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Reflex Mods

$ 9.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tualatin, OR
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

5,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
York, PA
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 22.00
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chester, PA
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider happy81724.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-club2020-cowabunga-its-pizza-time?tu=happy81724 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.