(Topic ID: 271489)

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Club(Stern 2020): Cowabunga! It’s Pizza Time!

By Tuxedomask23

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Topic poll

“Which model are you going to purchase”

• Pro 285 votes
    50%
  • Premium 166 votes
    29%
  • LE 119 votes
    21%

(570 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_5963 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5968 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5969 (resized).jpeg
turtles (resized).jpg
IMG_3566 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240316_051625591 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240316_034508453 (resized).jpg
IMG_3277 (resized).JPG
20240308_213544 (resized).jpg
20240308_211320 (resized).jpg
20240308_211805 (resized).jpg
20240215_093714 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
1EB20A79-521C-4BEB-AAA6-F2E7D64EE9D1 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1141 TMNT fresh out-of-the-box Issues and Fixes FAQ Posted by Stosel (3 years ago)

Post #1580 Lights rebooting on the back of the machine - FIX Posted by HookedonPinonics (3 years ago)

Post #2172 playfirlo colour differences Posted by Phatchit (3 years ago)

Post #2390 Left Outlane Fix Posted by NoQuarters (3 years ago)

Post #2457 DIY Krang Mod Instructions Posted by ABE_FLIPS (3 years ago)

Post #4037 Glider Servo DIY replacement Posted by PinHead50 (3 years ago)

Post #4120 Link to Amazon product page for replacement servo for glider Posted by PinHead50 (3 years ago)

Post #4327 Sloppy soldering at factory causing overvoltage error - fix Posted by Blackzarak (3 years ago)

Post #4374 Replacing bad glider servo with amazon better one Posted by arcadenerd925 (3 years ago)

Post #4698 Center Ramp non-registering opto fix Posted by spidey (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gogojohnnyquack.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5802 3 years ago
Quoted from BaxterStockman:

Any recommendations for soldering irons? They all kinda look the same to me.

Seeing as how you only own 1 game - a new Stern TMNT, and you have a single wire on a coil that needs to be soldered on, I recommend getting a standard soldering iron, sponge, some solder, and maybe a solder sucker. A simple kit will let you make your repair then easily stash it away for the next time. There are plenty of operators and bar/arcade techs that make it happen with this level of tool. It simply plugs into the service outlet of the game. The Hakko is a wonderful piece of kit (It's the one that I have) for bench/board work and would be THE one to get if you had a larger collection with some older games that require more frequent soldering and board work but it is overkill for what you need right now. The power supply for it is awkward to place inside the game so I also have a simple soldering iron like this that I use when working on the games directly. That's my 2 cents.

https://www.amazon.com/Weller-SP25NUS-25-Watts-Soldering-3-000mm/dp/B00B3SG70K/ref=sr_1_4

#5881 3 years ago

Looking good! I have the Stern art blades to install and am waiting on the armor. Question - does the armor simple screw to the side or does it replace the glass channel?

Once I have the art blades installed I will put in my set of Pinstadiums to light it up! This will be the 5th game that this particular pair of Pinstadiums will be installed into.

#5888 3 years ago

First for perspective - my favorite game that I have owned so far is Walking Dead Pro. Butal, fun, and when it gets going, wow. So many ways to approach it.

I went to the local Stern distributor and played AIQ CE, Stranger Things Premium, Jurassic Park Premium, TMNT Pro, and Led Zepplin Pro. I REALLY wanted a Stranger Things and was completely ambivalent on the rest. After two visits playing several games on each, I decided on a TMNT Pro for the money. When playing it I kept saying to myself, "This is super fun, and it's a Pro?!". It had the 'fun flow' factor more than the others, plus the multi-color GI was awesome. AIQ and Jurassic Park felt more technical overall, Stranger Things was just not fun, and Led Zeppelin was actually too flowy and non-stop (reminded me of No Fear), plus the concert footage never had anything to do with the music actually playing. JJP GNR has forever changed that for music pins.

My vote is TMNT at whichever level you can afford.

#5955 3 years ago

To all you shaker owners - What is your opinion on the current shaker use? Seems pretty thin to me other than the start of Pizza Multiball where it is too much. I'd like to see more integration of it in future code.

#5963 3 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

FRESH. NEW. SDTM.

The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (TMNT) In-Depth Pinball Machine Review

Ooh!

#5970 3 years ago

For anyone considering closing down the left outline a little by replacing the existing metal post and ring with something larger - don’t. I tried with the next size up post and ring but it was too much and turned the outlane into a ball trap. I’m working on an appropriate solution.

C1BB76C7-E292-4C53-B8A6-A833267EC599 (resized).jpegC1BB76C7-E292-4C53-B8A6-A833267EC599 (resized).jpeg

#5992 3 years ago
Quoted from acons017:

I updated my machine to 1.4. I noticed that the shaker motor goes ballistic at the start of Ninja Pizza Multiball as the balls spin on the pizza. I really enjoy the shaker motor, but this is too much. Is there any way to deactivate the shaker motor in settings only for this one scene during NPMB?

I'm with you. My next step is to change the shaker setting from "Maximum" to "Moderate" and see how that works. I'm comparing how the shaker is used in my #the_walking_dead , which is sublimely integrated.

#6005 3 years ago
Quoted from R_Coles:

....so close man....so damn close [quoted image]

4-player co-op?

#6037 3 years ago
Quoted from BaxterStockman:

They look like they'd fit great with the black rubbers and official Stern armor!

I have the official Stern armor and interestingly the graphic is purple on gray. The pictures all make it look black on gray.

#6065 3 years ago
Quoted from HopBeard:

is anyone else having problems with their right wire frame ejecting the ball at high speeds? I keep looking for other threads. I have a hard time believing I am the only one.

It's been happening to me enough that i'm trying to see where it is happening and if a protector can be fabricated.

2 weeks later
#6179 3 years ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

found the glow too be too bright and hard on the eyes

I'm with you on the UV glow feature of the Pinstadiums. I don't connect it anymore. TMNT looks spectacular with the Pinstadiums.

#6190 3 years ago
Quoted from acons017:

Side armor looks tight! How much trouble is the install? Do you have to pilot holes into the exterior of the cabinet

The side armor uses all of the same holes that the existing rails use, plus there are additional screws around the flipper section that need to have pilot holes drilled. Super easy.

2 weeks later
#6365 3 years ago
Quoted from Taygeta:

I wouldn’t put Pinstadiums in a game that has a good RGB GI light show in it like TMNT.

I installed them in my Pro and wouldn't be without them! I made sure to tap into a white GI bulb rather than a red or green to retain the mode lighting. I didn't connect the UV Glow to anything, it is too much.

2 weeks later
#6419 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead306:

Could potentially unhook the wires to the coil if you really wanted. And tape them up obviously.

But this would also defeat the super-handy up-post when you shoot the left orbit to get the ball back to the upper flipper for a middle ramp or orbit shot.

1 week later
#6471 2 years ago

For all you hard core TMNT fans - Supreme is dropping a Raphael t-shirt today...

https://www.supremenewyork.com/previews/springsummer2021/t-shirts/raphael-tee

TMNT shirt (resized).jpegTMNT shirt (resized).jpeg

2 weeks later
#6581 2 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

Flying off while on the wireform unfortunately. After the parallel wireforms section when the center ramp/wireform then turns toward the shooter lane, too much speed will launch it off there.

Me too.

1 month later
#6840 2 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

Well I almost bought a nib pro last Saturday. Called my distributor he was cranky, put me on hold for twenty minutes. After that I shelved the purchase.

Patience is a virtue right now. Everything is nuts out there, with no end in sight. Who knows what he was dealing with when you called. Try him again...

2 weeks later
#6920 2 years ago

PLEASE TURN THE GAME OFF BEFORE RAISING THE PLAYFIELD!!!

1 week later
#6963 2 years ago

Since that LED light (opto transmitter) is showing it likely means that the opto receiver LED has failed. Since these are surface mount boards with itty bitty components that means you probably need a new board. Try powering down then unplugging/plugging the connectors a few times before going for a replacment

https://shop.sternpinball.com/products/spike-2-trough-serial-opto-receiver

#6966 2 years ago
Quoted from Scott8806:

It's only a year old with 140 plays should be under warranty I'm going to try and take a qtip and clean it maybe too

Cleaning it is a great idea. Yah, I would hope that it's under warranty. Your distributor/dealer should be able to help. Good luck!

#6971 2 years ago
Quoted from Scott8806:

Mine is showing a ball in the jam spot and I can't get the light to go off for nothing

The opto transmitter LED stays on all the time. The receiver LED sees it and registers the switch as OPEN. When a ball blocks it and the receiver can't see the lit LED anymore it considers the switch CLOSED. That's why if a receiver LED goes bad then the CPU thinks there is a ball blocking it and registers the switch CLOSED.

2 weeks later
#7057 2 years ago
Quoted from onemilemore:

Yeah, I admit I was a bit bummed when that big TMNT email came in from Stern this morning and it was just for the crate. Was hoping for code update but alas.

Ditto

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 39.00
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
6,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Gainesville, FL
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 300.00
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Hardware
Pinball Haven
Hardware
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 22.00
Playfield - Other
System-J
Other
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 75.00
Lighting - Backbox
arcade-cabinets.com
Backbox
$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations
Other
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds
Toys/Add-ons
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tualatin, OR

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gogojohnnyquack.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-club2020-cowabunga-its-pizza-time?tu=gogojohnnyquack and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.