(Topic ID: 271489)

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Club(Stern 2020): Cowabunga! It’s Pizza Time!

By Tuxedomask23

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,044 posts
  • 828 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 40 hours ago by Afty86
  • Topic is favorited by 335 Pinsiders

You

Topic poll

“Which model are you going to purchase”

• Pro 285 votes
    50%
  • Premium 166 votes
    29%
  • LE 120 votes
    21%

(571 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240415_084026 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image.png
PXL_20240413_183258513.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_3649 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3648 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5713 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5712 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8262 (resized).jpeg
20240406_124621 (resized).jpg
SystemJPinball.ca_1_TMNT-MenuCard-PremLE-Mean1.1_example-3 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1141 TMNT fresh out-of-the-box Issues and Fixes FAQ Posted by Stosel (3 years ago)

Post #1580 Lights rebooting on the back of the machine - FIX Posted by HookedonPinonics (3 years ago)

Post #2172 playfirlo colour differences Posted by Phatchit (3 years ago)

Post #2390 Left Outlane Fix Posted by NoQuarters (3 years ago)

Post #2457 DIY Krang Mod Instructions Posted by ABE_FLIPS (3 years ago)

Post #4037 Glider Servo DIY replacement Posted by PinHead50 (3 years ago)

Post #4120 Link to Amazon product page for replacement servo for glider Posted by PinHead50 (3 years ago)

Post #4327 Sloppy soldering at factory causing overvoltage error - fix Posted by Blackzarak (3 years ago)

Post #4374 Replacing bad glider servo with amazon better one Posted by arcadenerd925 (3 years ago)

Post #4698 Center Ramp non-registering opto fix Posted by spidey (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider djwheat.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#15 3 years ago

In for an LE. My first Stern LE, and my 3rd Dwight game (Munsters B&W PREM & WhoDunnit are my other two). This is a theme come true for me, and I expect it to get a ton of play with my friends and family, esp with the various modes.

#32 3 years ago
Quoted from Habermania:

Hey man! So glad to see you jumping in on LE. Any chance we will see it as window dressing or even a livestream from you on this awesome game?
Thanks for all You do.

You are welcome and yes, I've slowly been working on building a streaming rig for my machines that I can easily move around. Big thanks to Jack (Deadflip) who has given me some good advice and some great documentation to get it started!

1 week later
#286 3 years ago
Quoted from Breger1:

Just was told my LE is shipping today! I’m only 7 hours from Chicago, maybe arrival before weekend!

Who do you get your pins from? Hoping to get an email today from my distrib (CDC in Omaha). Also waiting on an LE.

#288 3 years ago
Quoted from cleanandlevel:

you're not really djWheat are you?

I really am djWHEAT

#291 3 years ago
Quoted from cleanandlevel:

wow what a legend. thanks for all you do, I remember you from way back when I used to watch Starcraft streams on justin.tv long before the twitch days...
cool to see you in the hobby. much love brother.

Thanks man, I appreciate that. Been a pinball fan my whole life but it was Deadflip (from Twitch) who finally convinced me to start my collection (well that and moving into a house where I could actually have room for them!). It's amazing how many people I've met here where the pinball/esports worlds collide! Thanks for being so welcoming! NOW IF MY TMNT LE WOULD JUST GET HERE!

#292 3 years ago
Quoted from Waxx:

Sometimes the size or location of the distributor affects the timing but really just go with a distributor you're comfortable dealing with as it really matters if you need help with warranty.
The only distributor I've used in Nebraska is Greg with Pinball Pro in Oakland. I'm not even aware about CDC or their reputation. I ordered my TMNT from Operation Pinball in Iowa based on a few friends suggestions but my other friend ordered from pinballs.com and is loving his experience.

Oh 100%, I've purchased from Greg @ Pinball Pro and Jerry from GAD, to be honest everyone I've met in NE has been super awesome to work with. Thanks for the insight though. Are you also in NE?

#460 3 years ago
Quoted from Charliew65:

officially in the club with number 45!!
[quoted image]

Nice, I'm jealous, still haven't heard from the distro! Congrats on your new pin!

#608 3 years ago
Quoted from protocol_j:

Still waiting for my LE to be assembled, so probably not.

I can confirm this based on communications with Stern over Twitter DM. Looks like the final LE's are rolling off the line and will ship this week.

#622 3 years ago
Quoted from Chubbie:

I’m completely confused. I ordered a LE and haven’t heard squat from the authorized dealer I purchased from.

My distro contact was on vacation last week, but I did hear from his employees today and I'm scheduled to get my LE delivered this Friday (the 9th). It sounded like more LE's were going out today.

1 week later
#1205 3 years ago

Thanks to everyone for the tips on the LE Diverter into the Van. I am #484 and my diverter was definitely eating into the ramp (there was a noticeable mark). I ran my fingers over the side of the ramp and it was rough. I decided to break into my wife's crafts and grab some felt (thick enough to protect the ramp, but not thick enough to effect the ball). I used some 3M double side tape and put a small square onto the ramp, right in the middle of where the diverter hits. Played several games and I didn't notice any issues with felt effecting ball and tested TP MB to ensure that it was hitting ok. Looked great.

The only downside is that it is white felt, and I imagine it will darken over time. I set a reminder to look at it in a few months to see how it is holding up.

Taking the plastic piece off was easy. Overall the repair was simple and took about 15m max. Even as a novice when it comes to servicing, I would highly recommend anyone to check this on their LE to prevent any additional damage.

#1315 3 years ago

Further 1.10 Issues (after 5 games):
- Game defaulted to 4ohm and I had to switch it back to 8ohm
- During the start of Episodes, I noticed that anytime there is a "sequenced" start, the 2nd person speaking will interrupt, and the first callout doesn't finish. For example, Baxter was like, "I finished the mous..." and then Shredder immediately interrupted to start his line. I'm not sure if it's a timing thing or what, but I noticed this on at least 2 or 3 different episodes.
- When you get TP MB during an episode, it doesn't seem to start the TMNT Theme until the episode is done. I personally would rather jam out to the TMNT Theme regardless of what else I'm doing in the game.

Hoping someone else can confirm these issues so they can be reported.

#1347 3 years ago
Quoted from rapidraw:

Does anyone’s cowabunga light stay on dim at all times? It does flash correctly then goes back to low steady on‘(Thinking bad led board) any suggestions?[quoted image][quoted image]

I have the same problem (it also "barely" lights the Episode dot next to the Terrordrome), I checked all the connections and everything looked great, so I'm really not sure what the issue is here. I usually notice it when I turn the machine on, and when I'm about to turn it off, but I haven't had it effect my actual gameplay.

#1348 3 years ago
Quoted from Wallofnoise:

New:
- Added more shaker motor effects throughout the game.
Can someone describe their impressions of the new shaker motor effects? Where are they implemented?

They are awesome. It seems like they simulate "hits" better. So during episodes when you complete a task, or when you are doing your training. Some are smaller effects but definitely improve the experience. There is also a big SHAKER event when you get Pizza MB.

#1349 3 years ago
Quoted from BENETNATH:

Pro version NIB arrived !
kids and wife loves it, especially the coop mode.
Damn, it's fast paced game. ramps are really blazing, some air balls or ball leaving the rail or going above the opto..
And a couple of time, i got 2 balls served in the launcher, common issue ?
Otherwise, seems really a good packed game, with a lot to do.

This happened often on 1.04, but since upgrading to 1.10 I haven't seen it happen yet. Unsure if related, just an observation.

#1379 3 years ago

Can anyone else confirm that after upgrading to 1.10, some speech lines are getting cut off by other call outs? I have experienced this several times, but I haven't had anyone else here confirm it's happening to them. Mostly this is happening on Episode starts.

#1462 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It happens. Strange that it popped up with a number of people at once. Wonder if it's related to the 1.10 update...
Your order should ship out tomorrow. I've been buried with TMNT orders and was OOS on some odds and ends that require special gel colors as well as Spooky fans for a bit waiting for a restock to come from the factory, so I had a LOT of orders to ship out this week.

I've had these lights on in 1.04 as well, not just limited to the 1.10 update. I have lifted my playfield and checked connections but everything looks fine. The lights also work properly, just never seem to completely shut off?

1 week later
#2042 3 years ago
Quoted from NC_Pin:

Ok, I know I am going to get crucified for saying this, but I am considering buying a TMNT Premium. However, the game kinda has a PF layout similar to Munsters.. except with a 3rd flipper on the left-hand side. Am I nuts for thinking this? It kinda reminds me of how Spiderman is a take on AFM - just with a 3rd flipper.
There are obvious difference... Munsters has a scoop, a lower playfield, and a 180 loop for the right ramp..... TMNT has the ramp diverter and the 3rd flipper... but the general layout looks pretty similar.
Maybe I should just trade my Munsters LE for a TMNT Premium and find out for myself.

As someone who has a Munsters Premium and a TMNT LE, they may seem to have a similar PF layout, but they play radically different (no pun intended). Munsters can be fast, but compared to Turtles it is SLOW. The biggest comparison between the two is the punishment for missed ramps. In fact, I would say my Munsters scores have gone up since picking up my TMNT LE. Code & Progression for Turtles is above and beyond what we get for Munsters. There are so many different combination shots of ramps and different objectives to go for. Unlike Munsters where say, you have done all 4 members and just have to do SPOT, it feels like options are limited. Turtles has 10 different things you could be going for at any given time.

So while the PF may appear similar, I can't stress just how different these two play.

1 week later
#2605 3 years ago

Can someone point me to where you are getting your Shooter Lane Protectors? I know Pinball Universe has some but I'm not sure I want to order from the UK and wait (I'm in the US). I've definitely noticed a little wear in the lane and want to try to get a jump on this.

#2609 3 years ago
]

I looked around but I didn't see protectors specifically for TMNT. Not sure if I'm just blind or if people are buying a "generic" protector.

#2610 3 years ago
Quoted from RetroGamerJP:

I think Mezel Modsis a US reseller for Pinball Universe... Cliffys also makes shooter lane protection for TMNT.

Yes I found the listing on Mezel's, but they are out of the TMNT protector.

#2627 3 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

You have to go to the What's New page on Passionforpinball.com and you'll see the TMNT Pro and Prem/LE in development. He hasn't moved them over to the products page yet so you just have to reach out. I have my set on order already.
Also, for the time being in a home environment, go into settings and crank down the shooter eject power.

Super helpful! Thank you!

#2743 3 years ago
Quoted from Waxx:

Stern sets the default shooter eject power at "destroy my shooter lane". It's the first thing I do every new Stern and check after updating.

Which setting is this exactly in the service menus? I found one that I thought was it, and it was set to a number (260 I believe), what did you end up setting it at? Or am I looking at the wrong setting?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 22.00
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 7,999.00
$ 9.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 3.49
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 23.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Twisted Tokens

$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 7,000.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Machine - For Sale
Waxhaw, NC
$ 16.00
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Oakhurst, CA
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Jacksonville, FL
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider djwheat.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-club2020-cowabunga-its-pizza-time?tu=djwheat and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.