(Topic ID: 271489)

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Club(Stern 2020): Cowabunga! It’s Pizza Time!

By Tuxedomask23

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,044 posts
  • 828 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by Afty86
  • Topic is favorited by 335 Pinsiders

You

Topic poll

“Which model are you going to purchase”

• Pro 285 votes
    50%
  • Premium 166 votes
    29%
  • LE 120 votes
    21%

(571 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240415_084026 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image.png
PXL_20240413_183258513.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_3649 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3648 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5713 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5712 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8262 (resized).jpeg
20240406_124621 (resized).jpg
SystemJPinball.ca_1_TMNT-MenuCard-PremLE-Mean1.1_example-3 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1141 TMNT fresh out-of-the-box Issues and Fixes FAQ Posted by Stosel (3 years ago)

Post #1580 Lights rebooting on the back of the machine - FIX Posted by HookedonPinonics (3 years ago)

Post #2172 playfirlo colour differences Posted by Phatchit (3 years ago)

Post #2390 Left Outlane Fix Posted by NoQuarters (3 years ago)

Post #2457 DIY Krang Mod Instructions Posted by ABE_FLIPS (3 years ago)

Post #4037 Glider Servo DIY replacement Posted by PinHead50 (3 years ago)

Post #4120 Link to Amazon product page for replacement servo for glider Posted by PinHead50 (3 years ago)

Post #4327 Sloppy soldering at factory causing overvoltage error - fix Posted by Blackzarak (3 years ago)

Post #4374 Replacing bad glider servo with amazon better one Posted by arcadenerd925 (3 years ago)

Post #4698 Center Ramp non-registering opto fix Posted by spidey (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dinot.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6527 2 years ago

So, I just bought a Pro without having seen it or played the game. Kind of an impulse buy.

I had the itch to get 2 games. I had decided on a Munsters Pro for the one (but I am having a hard time finding one). For the other I was down to Guardians and Turtles.

I've only played Guardians a few times and never played a Turtles. Everything I've read about Turtles make me think I'll like it more.

I don't care for deep games (Hence why I am interested in Munsters). To me, the rulesets of 90s WMS were my favorites. I am a middle of the road player, not terrible, but not great. So if a game has shots that are too tough, I will lose interest. (Seemed to be a common theme with GoTG). Also I want my kids to enjoy the game. They are not good at all. Here is the kicker, they wanted a GoTG and not a Turtles. (Oh well....too bad for them )

I blame Stranger Things for pulling me back into the hobby. I friggin love that game. I had been dormant with the same 4 games for the last 10 years. But I am back. Traded out 2 pins for a Stanger Things Pro and Star Wars Pro. Really like both of them. (Stranger Things moreso)

I am off to buy mods.

#6543 2 years ago
Quoted from BaxterStockman:

I've experienced this as well. Mostly only on the 1st ball tho. Ball 2 and 3 I definitely get to go all the way around. But when doing a character select with the left flipper and holding it down then plunging the ball usually doesn't go all the way around.

I don't have my machine yet, but I know in Iron Man for example, holding the left flipper button while plunging lowers the Up-post at the top of the orbit. This is by design.

#6549 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_H:

Yeah thanks shaub that's what I'm thinking. Spoke with my distributor and has recommened a few things that I will try in my lunch break today. Best to do some real work first....I suppose!

I don't have a TMNT yet (arrives on May 15th), but both up-posts on my Stranger Things were binding against the PF. I tried loosening the assembly and seeing if I could move them enough but no go. I eventually rotated the assemblies and drilled new mounting holes. The posts are perfect now.

#6553 2 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I had the same issue with the up posts on my JP. Things can shift a bit when getting beaten by a steel ball bearing repeatedly.
Rob

I agree, but my Stranger Things was NIB and these issues were from setup. That is my favorite Stern pin since, well, WMS exited. But wow Stranger Things has so many out of the box issues. Took me a month to iron out all of them, and I have experience with full machine teardowns. So a homeowner that doesn't have the experience I have might be SOL. (Adjusting lane guides and sticking up-posts are just 2 of many issues)

1 week later
#6605 2 years ago
Quoted from BigTP25:

So I posted a little while back looking for any information about this custom topper. I was able to track down who originally posted the photo, who made it and there was even a very nice person bazou who pointed me in the right direction who actually owns one. Unfortunately, I couldn't get much help from the person who originally posted a photo of the topper, bazou doesn't want to sell his (understandably) and the person who made these originally doesn't want to make anymore. Not to be detered in my quest, I found a custom sign maker on Etsy and they have made me one! It's practically an exact replica of the original I showed them. They are also making me one for the eventual Avengers IQ pinball I will get once my wife cools down from me buying a TMNT. I also plan on having this guy make a Ghostbusters logo sign to put above the already amazing Stern topper. Here are some pics of what is completed and what is still to come...I am super excited!

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
[quoted image]

Can you share what they charged you? Assuming your wife isn't on Pinside and will see this post.

#6616 2 years ago
Quoted from BigTP25:

For both the TMNT and Avengers sign I paid $1000. Which I thought was an absolute steal considering the Stern topper, which I don't care for, is $1000 alone.

Thanks.

#6621 2 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Yeah, the best is speakerlightkits.com. I like the deluxe on prem and pros[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I prefer the 5.25 kit for the Prem/Pro because at the same time you are upgrading the $1 backbox speakers that are in those models.

20210512_142844 (resized).jpg20210512_142844 (resized).jpg20210512_142855 (resized).jpg20210512_142855 (resized).jpg
#6625 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Those speaker lights look awesome! Can I use them with the factory speakers or do I need to buy after market speakers?

No. The stock speakers I believe are a 4" full range. Honestly, they are like a $1 speaker. They are crap throw away speakers. With the upgrade, you can move up to 5.25" coaxial. MUCH better. I use the Kenwood KFC-1366S. They are the same ones Stern uses on the LE. They aren't actually great speakers (they are ok), but they are shallow, their tweeter is flush and the cone is silver which shows off the speaker lights nicely. Even though they are low/mid-end coaxial speakers, they are still FAR, FAR better than the stock speakers. Add a sub like this: (I used the pinnovator sub out to make things easier on the Spike pins)

https://www.adorama.com/kpr12sw.html?sdtid=14976494&emailprice=t&sterm=2bNzpqRNzxyLR2JwUx0Mo389UkB2WIQNR1GpTc0&utm_source=rflaid62905

and you have a completely different sound system. I don't actually have a TMNT yet. My pro arrives next Tuesday....but I have over $700 in mods and upgrades sitting in my basement including the speakers and speakerlights. So I don't know specifically how much better TMNT will sound. I upgraded an original Iron Man (with the customer TeddyB fw with AC/DC), Star Wars Pro and Stranger Things Pro (Cleland sound mod) to these subs and they woke up. Those pins all had previous external subs but the Klipsch is much better than I had on them previously. For the price, those Klipsch subs are fantastic for pins. (I bought 5 of them)

1 week later
#6666 2 years ago

FWIW, I am a huge super-bands fan. I am used to them and don't like playing a pin with normal rubber now.

They tend to bounce slightly less. I am a middle of the road player. Not great, but not bad. On TMNT, I can hit that lair shot more often than I should be able to compared to the complaints I see from better players. My only guess is that the super-bands are causing the ball not to bounce out as hard. If I line it up with the right flipper, I can hit the lair about 50% of the time from that right flipper. This is without having to drop the left flipper to trap the ball.

1 week later
#6712 2 years ago

How often do you folks have to oil the pizza spinner? Just curious. I had to oil mine the other night. I got this machine 2 weeks ago. Previous owner said he oiled the spinner (but I don't know when). The spinner was good for me for 2 weeks. After oiling it, I am good. Just wondering how often I'll end up doing this.

Thanks.

#6728 2 years ago
Quoted from raplaka75:

Hello guys! Got this error message on my TMNT. Saying to check the right slingshot. I've check the switch but nothing is responding. I've also went into the coils option and check the actual right coil/kicker and that works just fine but no response from the leaf switches itself. Can someone help me out on this matter? Thanks!
[quoted image][quoted image]

My guess is that one of the 2 slingshot switches is stuck closed. Go into switch test (pull the interlock switch out so that you can test properly) and pull the sling rubber (from the side that is facing the middle) away from the switches. If you see the switch then open, that is the problem. You'll have to adjust the switch gap.

#6783 2 years ago

Got my parts back from the powdercoater. Color is Transparent Dormant Sparkle Granny Apple Smith - Tiger Drylac.

I was going to go with Illusion Green Ice by Prismatic Powders, but I had a machine done a few weeks back with a Prismatic powder and it took a couple of weeks just to get the powder in (They typically deliver in 2 days). The powder coater had this color on hand so I went with it.

20210601_180057 (resized).jpg20210601_180057 (resized).jpg20210601_180114 (resized).jpg20210601_180114 (resized).jpg20210601_180117 (resized).jpg20210601_180117 (resized).jpg20210601_180121 (resized).jpg20210601_180121 (resized).jpg20210604_093139 (resized).jpg20210604_093139 (resized).jpg20210604_093149 (resized).jpg20210604_093149 (resized).jpg
#6785 2 years ago

Thank you. Weird thing is that this pin was a spur of the moment purchase (couldn't find what I wanted....a friend had this available for sale so I just bought it) and it has become my favorite pin.

#6792 2 years ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

Daaaamn that is SICK! Who do you use for powdercoating? It is difficult to disassemble all of those pieces?

Thanks. I have a local place near me and their prices are crazy cheap. They charge me less than I paid just for shipping my parts in the past to get them powdercoated. Add in the powdercoating costs to the shipping and I paid less than half of what it cost at some of the mail in powder coaters. There are people on pinside that will do it and charge about $300 + shipping.

Find a local powder coating shop if you are interested. It isn't tough to replace the parts. The only "pain" is the coin mechs on the coin door. The screws can be a pain. If you do this, be careful as the topmost 5mm screws are a tad shorter than the others. If you put one of the longer screws in, it will cause a dimple on the front of the coin bezel. Not a big deal as that bezel is like $2.50 but then you'll need to order more parts to justify the shipping .

The way I did it was to order spare parts (legs, lockdown bar, etc..). So I always have a spare set. Unless you want your machine sitting on the floor for 2 weeks, I'd get a spare set of legs.

#6803 2 years ago

So I just finished upgrading the sound on a few of my Spike 2 pins.
I upgraded the speaker panel with the Speakerlights kit (which gives you a 5.25" speaker mount)

I also bought:
- Klipsch Reference R-12SW 400w subwoofer
- Aiyima 300w x 2 Class D amplifier
- Pinsound Subwoofer & Line-Out connector for Stern SPIKE
- JL Audio C1-525x speakers (they have a yellow woofer cone which matches nicely). Originally I had the Kenwood KFC-1366s that Stern uses on the LE, but they sucked.

After upgrading I was shocked at how good TMNT sounds. I was thinking that this pin would have the lowest bang for the buck. I also did Star Wars, and Stranger Things (but they had different backbox speakers). Star Wars doesn't have a line level out for subwoofer so I had to use a speaker level to line level adapter. They all sound fantastic but TMNT sounds great.

Anyways, if anyone was on the fence, I say take the plunge. I have all of the parts also ready to go for Mandalorian.

#6808 2 years ago
Quoted from bossk4hire:

I got this and just added an external sub. Works great with a polk 10 inch.
https://pinnovators.myshopify.com/collections/stern-subwoofer-kits/products/pinsub-spike-spike2-stern-kit
Easy to install and pull to put in your next.game.
[quoted image]

I started with that and it works well. I moved over to the Pinsound connector because you get Line-level outputs of both subwoofer and backbox speakers.

Pinwoofer sells a kit but I wanted an externally powered sub vs a free-air sub.

4 weeks later
#6955 2 years ago
Quoted from Scott8806:

What's crazy is with 5 balls it plays fine I played about 10 games on it but if I put that 6th ball in it will eject it out each time one then the other

Does it show 5 balls in the trough test with 1 ball removed? My initial guess is that the ball 6 opto might be flaky. So during game play, it ejects one ball, ball 6 opto is still closed, game thinks there are 6 balls in the trough and it ejects another one.

I haven't read back too far, but have you removed and reseated the connectors on both the receiver and transmitter trough boards?

#6977 2 years ago
Quoted from MightyGrave:

I have still Problems with the Center ramp opto - fast shots aren't t recognized....
Following Things i have tested:
- ramp protector over the edges as a defelector Cover
- adjust the optos
- replaced the cheap screws to hold optos in line
- Taped the half Sender and Receiver with black tape.
Hope you have some ideas.... Maybe i have to build a Ball defelector in the ramp curve before the optos?

I was having similar problems on my JP with fast shots. Fast orbit shots would not register but slow shots would. Apparently this is common on a couple of different optos on that machine. The consensus is that the fast shots get a little air and the ball breaks only the top half of the light beam. Top half of the beam still means that the beam was never broken.

The temp/perm fix was to put a piece of electrical tape on the bottom half of the opto opening. (In my case, the lane guide). There is a more permanent fix to raise the optos. This fixed my issue.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 22.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Jacksonville, FL
Machine - For Sale
Terre Haute, IN
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 7,000.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Twisted Tokens

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 16.00
$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 7,999.00
$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dinot.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-club2020-cowabunga-its-pizza-time?tu=dinot and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.