(Topic ID: 271489)

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Club(Stern 2020): Cowabunga! It’s Pizza Time!

By Tuxedomask23

7 months ago

Topic Stats

• 5,727 posts
  • 459 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 hours ago by arcadenerd925
  • Topic is favorited by 196 Pinsiders

You

Topic poll

“Which model are you going to purchase”

• Pro 166 votes
    46%
  • Premium 89 votes
    25%
  • LE 103 votes
    29%

(358 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,285 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

9C55563E-A210-4F84-8D6A-8163AF93EC4F (resized).jpeg
1FEC4A9F-7376-4DFF-8AEB-D7173F50EA60 (resized).png
un9zdruwdfh51 (resized).png
3D85947A-7F5A-4D1F-9153-A79BDF51002E (resized).jpeg
FAC0CF82-9A5E-4C2C-BFCF-766FC37DB5EC (resized).jpeg
5687D0E5-5C3E-4FF9-BDFC-FF7174657B31 (resized).jpeg
20210121_161928 (resized).jpg
20210121_161934 (resized).jpg
20210121_161945 (resized).jpg
20210121_161919 (resized).jpg
20210121_161926 (resized).jpg
20210121_161911 (resized).jpg
20210120_151942 (resized).jpg
20210119_191036 (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2021-01-21 at 10.59.42 AM (resized).png
Screen Shot 2021-01-21 at 10.59.17 AM (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1141 TMNT fresh out-of-the-box Issues and Fixes FAQ Posted by Stosel (6 months ago)

Post #1580 Lights rebooting on the back of the machine - FIX Posted by HookedonPinonics (6 months ago)

Post #2172 playfirlo colour differences Posted by Phatchit (5 months ago)

Post #2390 Left Outlane Fix Posted by NoQuarters (5 months ago)

Post #2457 DIY Krang Mod Instructions Posted by ABE_FLIPS (5 months ago)

Post #4037 Glider Servo DIY replacement Posted by PinHead50 (3 months ago)

Post #4120 Link to Amazon product page for replacement servo for glider Posted by PinHead50 (3 months ago)

Post #4327 Sloppy soldering at factory causing overvoltage error - fix Posted by Blackzarak (3 months ago)

Post #4374 Replacing bad glider servo with amazon better one Posted by arcadenerd925 (3 months ago)

Post #4698 Center Ramp non-registering opto fix Posted by spidey (78 days ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider daveyvandy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#69 7 months ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

Shoots good, very wonky feeds so it takes time to get used to. Rules aren’t clear at all, it’ll come in time.
[quoted image]

Glad to see Trent has at least one pro in seeing as how I've got my deposit with him

#99 7 months ago

it’s the best pro they’ve done, not many pro games have much in the sense of a light show

I know you're a fan of Pinstadiums Robert, what do you think for TMNT?

#115 7 months ago

Yes, when it goes into certain modes it’s a dark game and the art is great, so vision is nice. Again just preference

Thanks! Ordered

#176 7 months ago
Quoted from Satismaxtion:

Soooo when are home use pros shipping?? I keep hearing different things.

My distributor told me mid July, but your mileage may vary. You can always ask your distributor.

#238 7 months ago

Just got an email from my distributor that my pro is ready for pickup . Good thing I only live 20 minutes away from him. Will report back tonight hopefully

#257 7 months ago

Loaded! Setting up after I put my daughter to bed. she's going to scream in excitement in the morning when she sees it

IMG_20200629_193258 (resized).jpgIMG_20200629_201238 (resized).jpg
#272 6 months ago

The NECA Krang fits, and he is fabulous!

I used small pieces of clear plastic mounting tape to secure his feet.

IMG_20200630_121550 (resized).jpgIMG_20200630_122033 (resized).jpg
#276 6 months ago
Quoted from Soulstoner:

Do you have PinStadiums on there already? If so, can you share a pic of the entire playfield?

Off and on pics attached. Sorry I didn't set the same exposure, but you get the idea. I tied GI into the apron spotlights and the flashers into the big red one on the left.

IMG_20200630_121516 (resized).jpgIMG_20200630_121535 (resized).jpg
#278 6 months ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

nice, do the new pinstadiums still need to be taken off when you lift the playfield?

Yes they do. Or you can buy the hover add-on which lets you not take them off when you lift the fuel.

#309 6 months ago
Quoted from delt31:

Man is that candy stripping on the left ramp? I hate that look. Or is it just the pic?

That's just the reflection caused by the pin stadiums. It actually does not show up in person on that ramp, just kind of an artifact of taking the photo at a certain angle with a certain exposure I guess. You can also dial in the LEDs a little differently to make it go away. I always put mine at 100% warm white white for the GI to give the best feeling for my eyes. But I'm colorblind, so you can't use me as a good reference lol.

#317 6 months ago

Anyone into custom toppers?

IMG_20200627_145500 (resized).jpgIMG_20200627_183107 (resized).jpgIMG_20200627_185926 (resized).jpgIMG_20200627_190855 (resized).jpgIMG_20200627_183119 (resized).jpgIMG_20200627_191405 (resized).jpgIMG_20200630_212401 (resized).jpgIMG_20200630_212410 (resized).jpgIMG_20200630_212420 (resized).jpg
#332 6 months ago
Quoted from billrz:

What is the material you used for the background ? I see it’s a fabric, but how did you get that brick print on it ?? I get how you spray painted it,great work!, but you didn’t paint those bricks right? Is that just the printer material ?

It's a photo shoot backdrop

amazon.com link »

#387 6 months ago
Quoted from RikeIsland:

Let’s see more pics of TMNT in the wild!!!

Kids love it! Grandpas too.

IMG_20200630_075950 (resized).jpg
#394 6 months ago
Quoted from jeffgoldstein2:

The shot on the left of the game under the upper left side flipper is extremely difficult to hit. Any suggestions on this?
I also have a stern Star Trek and it has a similar shot on the Upper right side and that shot I consistently can hit with no problems.

I noticed it's very difficult too. If you aim such that the ball does not touch the upper left flipper, it goes in more easily. Alternatively if you are going to hit the upper left flipper, try to quickly release it to bop the ball in.

#441 6 months ago

For anyone with Pin Stadiums, I recommend the flasher to be connected to the pop bumper center flasher.

Originally I had it connected to the left dome flasher, but I figured out that that was actually the Michelangelo flasher. There's also a Donatello, Leonardo and Raphael flasher all located around the lower part of the playfield.

#465 6 months ago

Well this is a very strange place to get a stuck ball. It's the result of a grand chain reaction of a fly ball Harlem Globetrotter style. No amount of shaking can get that baby loose. Just had to take the glass off lol.

IMG_20200702_213409 (resized).jpgIMG_20200702_213503 (resized).jpg
#584 6 months ago
Quoted from Napoleon:

I noticed this time that Stern has a protective film over the trim on the head. I peeled it off, but it left a very sticky residue behind. Tried cleaning one side with Windex and even Goo Gone, but didn't get much of it off.
Any suggestions for getting the sticky residue off the trim?

I had the same problem. Goo gone and lots of pressure got it off eventually.

#669 6 months ago
Quoted from Stosel:

My center ramp is not registering when I make the shot about 5% of the time. I don't think it is an issues with the opto, as most of the time it registers. I wonder if it is just zipping around the ramp so fast it can't detect it? Not a huge deal, but it is extremely frustrating when you hit that shot (especially for Krang combo) and you don't get the credit. Anyone else having the same issue?

Yes, same. Sometimes it goes so fast up that ramp that it flies off into the side of the cabinet. I'll probably change the upper flipper to the soft setting in the adjustments menu.

#676 6 months ago
Quoted from Rydhia:

Push and hold both flippers to change modes. To end the game with the start button and left flipper buttons, you have to turn the feature on, I believe it’s under standard adjustments.

It was on by default for me.

#685 6 months ago
Quoted from Napoleon:

Has anyone put a shaker in yet? Got mine today from Pinball Life, but I can't seem to get it to work in the game.
I can go to the coil test, and it vibrates successfully, but nothing in the game.
The setting is Maximum (default).
I downloaded the SD image for 1.0.4 and re-flashed the SD card, still no shaker in the game.
Anyone else seeing this? I have a Pro.

Yeah, it only really comes on during multi-ball. Was hoping it would be more active even set to maximal use.

I would strongly urge Stern to take more advantage of the shaker motor.

#694 6 months ago
Quoted from V8haha:

Anyone on here have a TMNT banner? If so did you have to buy it? I was hoping to get one from stern for my location to promote but sounds like their trying to charge for one.

Oddly enough, I was told by my distributor that I could not buy them from him since it requires a license separate from selling the pinball machines. He basically just brings them to events and has a big stash of them.

#711 6 months ago
Quoted from Bbru:

Received my LE yesterday. #183 is my second pinball machine (first is WOZ). Thanks to Operation Pinball for getting me one in a hurry. I was super nervous sending that much money I’ve never met face to face.
I’ve only had limited playing time but compared to WOZ, it plays lightning fast. Still have to learn all the call outs and lights because who can watch a screen when the ball is sailing around like it does? Maybe I shouldn’t have waxed the playfield first?
The art and features live up to the hype in my opinion. The light show a shaker motor are awesome. They give the game a much more tactile response to the shots.
It is nice to be playing instead of reading about it incessantly. Thanks to all who have posted plenty for me to review. Certainly helped pass the time.[quoted image]

Does your shaker motor do anything outside of turtle power multiball? I'm curious if there's a difference between the LE and the pro. In the pro model, the shaker motor only activates during turtle power multiball.

1 week later
#1034 6 months ago
Quoted from SpidermanDan:

The only criticism so far is that fan in the back box is so loud...
[quoted image][quoted image]

There's a mod for that, if you're comfortable with taking out the power supply and changing the fan. https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1170-pin-monk/02140-500w-spike-quiet-fan-plug-n-play-kit

#1142 6 months ago
Quoted from Stosel:

-Air balls or balls jumping on spinning pizza disk:
Adjust the spinning pizza to be as level as possible with the playfield. [quoted image]
This is done by lifting the playfield and adjusting the washers under the pizza mech, you can raise or lower the spinning pizza. (Will post pics when I get some)

Here's a picture. Which parts am I supposed to adjust to raise the pizza? I don't see any washers.

15950264962292693511218439178997 (resized).jpg15950265288467686342908031015394 (resized).jpg
#1144 6 months ago
Quoted from vireland:

It looks like the two bolts on the side need to be loosened on each side, then you can freely slide the whole assembly up and down and re-tighten.
[quoted image]

Thanks for the explanation! I'll give it a try and send useful pics.

#1146 6 months ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

Thanks for the explanation! I'll give it a try and send useful pics.

All right, made some adjustments. Just need to adjust the machine screws on the outer mechanism which lets you wiggle the large plate to give it just enough of a difference in height. Use a 5/16 wrench. There's also a very small set screw on the shaft which gives you further play. Use a 5/64 Allen wrench.

IMG_20200717_191850 (resized).jpgIMG_20200717_192234 (resized).jpgIMG_20200717_192243 (resized).jpgIMG_20200717_192358 (resized).jpg
#1155 6 months ago
Quoted from vireland:

Thanks for posting the pics.
Did this get your pizza level?

Yes it did! No more air balls. Instantly got my new Grand champion score as well now that there were fewer rejects into the pizza parlor.

#1160 6 months ago
Quoted from fhk:

jurasic park vs iron maiden vs turtles who is the best?

This is a turtles thread. So turtles

#1165 6 months ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

How do I get to co-op mode? I tried both buttons but nothing is showing coop

Before you start a game hold both flipper buttons then a menu appears.

#1254 6 months ago
Quoted from cleanandlevel:

New Code Up
LE/PREMIUM V1.10 - July 21, 2020
================================
Fixed:
- Fixed an issue where the background screen may go black.
- Fixed issues where the van would eat a ball and the game would go to end
ball.
- Fixed an issue where ball count is wrong after 3 ball searches and balls
are released from the van.
New:
- Added more shaker motor effects throughout the game.
- Added an adjustment to allow the owner to set which game mode is default.
- Its called DEFAULT GAME MODE
- Choices are:
- STANDARD - Normal play
- COMPETITION - Randomness removed
- COOPERATIVE - Shared progress and scores
- COOP + COMPETITION - Shared progress and no randomness
- TEAM PLAY 2V2 - Players 1 and 3 verses players 2 and 4
- TEAM PLAY 3V1 - Players 1, 2, and 3 verses player 4
- TEAM PLAY 2V1 - Players 1, and 2 verses player 3
- FINAL BATTLE CHALLENGE - Stop Shredder from taking over the world
- Defaults to STANDARD
- Added an adjustment to allow the owner to turn off the option of TEAM PLAY.
- Its called ALLOW TEAM PLAY
- It defaults to YES
- Added an adjustment to allow the owner to turn off the option of FINAL
BATTLE CHALLENGE
- Its called ALLOW FINAL BATTLE CHALLENGE
- It defaults to YES
- Added Final Battle Challenge Game Mode
- You can play the Wizard mode instead of a normal game.
- From the GAME PLAY MENU choose: FINAL BATTLE CHALLENGE, OR from
FEATURE ADJUSTMENT - DEFAULT GAME MODE -
choose FINAL BATTLE CHALLENGE and press start.
- Added a High Score Champion for Final Battle Challenge. The turtle pictured
is the turtle used to become champion.
- Added an adjustment to change the difficulty of the FINAL CHALLENGE
- Its called ALLOW FINAL BATTLE CHALLENGE
- It defaults to YES
- Added an adjustment to allow the owner to change the difficulty of Ninja
Pizza Multiball.
- Its called NINJA PIZZA DIFFICULTY
- If has three setting:
- EASY - Locks are always lit
- MEDIUM - Locks are lit for the first multiball. After that you
start with zero toppings and cannot lock balls until you have
five.
- HARD - You always start with no toppings and cannot lock balls
until you have 5.
- It defaults to Medium.
- This is added to the difficulty installs
- Added an adjustment to allow the owner to change how many right ramps are
needed to start Turtle Power Multiball.
- Its called TURTLE POWER RAMP SHOTS TO START
- It defaults to 4.
- This is added to the difficulty installs
- Added increased scores for successful training. Your current training level
now adds a percentage of every score award to all score awards. You will
receive +10% per level earned.
- Added an adjustment to allow advancing toward Episodes and starting
episodes while FOOT 123 is running.
- Its called ALLOW EPISODES DURING FOOT 123.
- It defaults to YES.
Tweaked:
- Slowed down how fast the turtles change at the start of the game.
- Added BALL SAVE LIMIT AT START adjustment to the difficulty installs. It
will range from 3 to 1 ball as you go from EASY to HARD.
- Removed LANE CHANGE BATTLE AGAIN from difficulty adjustments.
- Reduced the scoring for Pizza Eating Contest
- Increased the bonus values for successfully completing an episode
- Pict-O-Pops will not light FOOT 1 2 3 if you have already completed it.
- Reduced the scores for end of ball bonus
- Added lights at the start of ball one to help show which features are
available if you choose the current turtle selection.
- Improved the debounce timing on the center ramp opto.
- Tweaked the strength of the training ramp flashers.
- Reduced the scoring of the Glider Feature.
- Increased the scores for TEAM-UP
Moved to system 2.53 -
- Updated to nodeboard firmware v0.62.0
- Update TARGET_GAME_TIME adjustment to ensure a minimal ball saver even after
the target game time is met.
- Do not display LOCATING NODE BOARD at boot when coin door interlock switch
has disabled node board power.

Awesome! Was just thinking about when it would come

Edit: looks like pro code is up too!

#1283 6 months ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Wondering how good my new hi score of 30.5 m is.(1.04 code). How is everyone doing out there?

My high score on that version was around 80m. I asked dead flip in another thread what his high score was, and he said he broke a hundred million a few times but he's more into progressing in the game. Anyway, I feel pretty good about 80 million. Be sure to post your high scores on pinside!

With the new software, looks like a strategy for high scores is going to change a bit. You can't rely on eating pizza, it seems like training is the way to go.

#1358 6 months ago

Plastics installed by silver ball design and they are excellent. They look amazing in person
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Beautiful! How can I get them too?

#1381 6 months ago
Quoted from djWHEAT:

Can anyone else confirm that after upgrading to 1.10, some speech lines are getting cut off by other call outs? I have experienced this several times, but I haven't had anyone else here confirm it's happening to them. Mostly this is happening on Episode starts.

Pro model here. Can confirm this was happening even on 1.04 software for me. It's actually kind of funny, sounds like Shredder's cutting off Baxter. Maybe it is intentional? It seems like it happens when you get in the scoop with a lot of things lit.

#1401 6 months ago
Quoted from BENETNATH:

Is it us or this game is damn nasty?
Outlanes are still on higher but stdm and Outlanes are really hungry!!

I find this game incredibly challenging. If I play this for a while then go to any of my other pins I feel like a god. Those freaking ramps are so hard to hit for some reason.

#1453 6 months ago
Quoted from r00DVM:

this game is so fast

You can also turn down the flipper power in the adjustments menu. That helps with the speed, as well as air balls.

#1465 6 months ago
Quoted from delt31:

So what is the verdict on the lightning in this game and whether pinstadiums would be worth it? Not looking to get into the PS overvalue argument - just want to know if this game is on the darker or lighter side.
For reference I thought JP2 was way too dark and needed PS. I played TMNT but it was very very bright in the building so I couldn’t really tell how this game does in normal or little lighting.
Is there a lot of light show elements in it like R+M? didn’t appear so but again, couldn’t tell for sure.

I've got pin stadiums installed on my TMNT. I really love them on this machine and I think they are a worthwhile investment. I plugged in the flashers to the center pop bumper flasher and it adds quite a bit in my opinion.

The room I play in is fairly dark, so I have them on just about all my machines anyway. It really comes down to your room lighting situation for where your pinball machine is.

I have a post earlier in the thread somewhere that shows them turned on and off on my playfield for reference.

#1497 6 months ago
Quoted from BENETNATH:

it appers on my Pro that the bottom part of the pizza is a bit lower than the circle surrounding it, ball is a bit deflected to the left when ball is going down from the x2 target.
Same for other ? I'm just considering it may lead to some wear on the playfield below the pizza, considering if the pizza can be adjusted completely at the level of the playfield ??

I had a similar problem and found that you can completely level the pizza by by loosening two bolts under the playfield and then wiggling the plate around. Can't find the post now, but look back a few pages or check my post history on this thread to see photos.

#1596 6 months ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

can anyone tell me how to get the krang max combo ? this was the only thing that i need.
for pro modell: is the use of the button on the lockbar only for ball launch and pizza eating ? i see it sometimes flashing during multiball, but not sure if it do something ?

To max the Krang combo you have to hit the inner loop three times before hitting the collect on the middle ramp all within a time limit.

Yes on the pro model, the button on the lock bar just does what you describe.

#1666 5 months ago

No joke, after playing TMNT I put over a billion points on my white water. TMNT is a difficult machine, but in a good way. I still haven't gotten to the final battle on a single player game. It definitely has the "just one more game" feeling to it. Depth-wise, feels like it's missing something. I'm not sure what though.

#1746 5 months ago

For all of this topper talk, I went back and made my custom topper interactive!

First, use some T-Taps to cleanly splice into the existing flashers.
IMG_20200731_205854 (resized).jpg

If you have never used them, they are pretty simple. Crimp down the folding part onto your existing wire and crimp down the spade connector to your new wire then attach the two by sliding the spade in. No soldering required!
IMG_20200731_205814 (resized).jpg

Run all of the wires up through the back box - yeah I know I could have saved a bunch of wires by using one 5v source but I was feeling lazy.
IMG_20200731_210037 (resized).jpg

Made a quick connect harness for when I eventually move the machine (the topper comes off easily with two screws too).
IMG_20200731_210041 (resized).jpg

Put some color-coded flashers under each character.
Some flasher colors (like orange and purple) were not available so I used some color filters (amazon.com link »)
IMG_20200731_210059 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200731_210104 (resized).jpg

The finished product!
IMG_20200709_212821 (resized).jpg

Attract mode:

More videos that I am too lazy to upload to YouTube:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/rusaWnx9CEbdG1tG6

I especially like what happens when you start multi-ball

#1754 5 months ago
Quoted from vireland:

How many amps are you drawing away? You have to be careful with the Spike system, it's pretty fragile. I wouldn't tap until I knew the draw of everything on that line and the total max draw of what I was adding.

That's a good point. I am using the matrix flashers from Comet pinball. I don't see any data sheets for them so it's hard to know the amp draw. I don't have an ammeter either. Any suggestions?

I have had it set up for a couple weeks, and no problems yet.

I guess if I do have problems with the boards it's from my own doing lol.

#1819 5 months ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

shoot the 2x target.
Anyone can tell me how i get rid of the sticky residure on the backbox from the protective foil?
I tried isopropanol, soap and some kind of car clean rubber. nothing helps!

Quoted from vireland:

Goo gone. NOT Goof Off. Goo gone.

Yep, this plus a load of elbow grease.

15964923724635865614944692915747 (resized).jpg
#1860 5 months ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

Can we all just agree this shot is impossible and the game is terrible because of it?
I’m kidding, but really. It is impossible right? The only way I can make the shot on my machine is to bank it off of the April target.
[quoted image]

Change your flipper rubbers to Titan low bounce. Makes it MUCH easier when it bounces off the underside of the upper flipper.

#1984 5 months ago
Quoted from flashburn:

Where are you guys getting a Krang from?

Look up "NECA Krang" on Amazon or eBay. It comes with Shredder. About $60-80 for the pair.

#1991 5 months ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

Who here can powder coat the either the coin door, the shooter plate, or both to match the LE green everywhere else like I'm seeing in some of these pictures?
Thanks,
Jeff

Robertstone0407

#2002 5 months ago
Quoted from Xaqery:

Now 3 wins would be 5M which is ok. But all 8 is 25M!

Please do this! I got to final battle for the first time today, and my score was nowhere near my GC. I feel like the further you get in the game by completing modes the higher points should be for sure. Especially if you complete the modes. Of course it's a huge challenge to implement fair score balancing, so I applaud your work so far

#2008 5 months ago
Quoted from delt31:

So beating the modes on this game doesn't result in higher scores? I hope that's fixed if so. Really takes away from the point of it doesn't

Being the modes does give you more points, I was just saying for my situation the balance was a little off. For example: my GC score I got only to the team up. I would expect that if I got to final battle, my score would be much higher, but it was not.

#2024 5 months ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Got my pro today. Not quite sure what I’m doing, but are multiballs supposed to be easy to start? They seem to start pretty quick at times. I don’t see points being awarded so I don’t think I have any phantom switch/opto hits.

The trick is to try and start one of them only when you just start a mode so the mode becomes much easier. It's hard when you're Donatello, but a trick I found is to start the 123 combo and then collect the right ramp which will not start the multi-ball. Then you can start it during a mode.

#2130 5 months ago

So what's everyone's go to turtle for the game? I almost always go for Raphael to get a start on modes.

#2168 5 months ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

I'm having a hard time post passing from left to right and I saw that on alot of streams too. The problem is that there is also NO ramp feed from the left flipper to the right one. And there are often situation where you HAVE to shoot from the right flipper. Also if the center ramp is required and you have the ball on the left flipper, the ball feed from the right ramp is so fast that i can hit the center ramp maybe 1/10 from that feed... the right orbits post/plunger is closed alot of times too if I need the ball on the upper flipper. This in combination with those punishing targets and ramp post makes it very frustrating.
I repositioned the bottom post of the left sling shot because it has some play but it didn't help. Any ideas?

I also find that the ball almost always makes its way to the left flipper when I need it to be on the right. Two things really helped for me.

1. I changed to Titan low bounce rubbers, they are a hair thinner than normal flipper rubbers and after I changed to them post passing was much much easier.

2. I figured out that you can actually use the left flipper to get into the scoop pretty reliably. Just aim for the advanced time target and it will ricochet into the scoop from the left flipper. It tends to be a safe shot too if you miss from what I found. The scoop will allow you to have a slow shot at the middle ramp.

#2354 5 months ago
Quoted from GoldenOreos:

anyone added a shaker to a pro yet? curious if it has much use in the current code.

I did. Original code did not have much use, but current code it does a lot. I would recommend it.

#2547 5 months ago

All this complaining about how April looks, it could have been worse lol. Here is a sketch you can find buried in the software.

april_concept (resized).png
#2653 5 months ago
Quoted from jurulz:

Guys, ready for tomorrow new TMNT code update?

Is there one coming?

#2755 5 months ago
Quoted from RetroGamerJP:

QUESTION: Where in the diagnostics menu is the ability to test the Pizza spin motor? Figured it would be in the game specific diagnostics but all I see is the Glider / Diverter test.

I've done it before. It's actually under the coil test. You have to close the coin door and press start to test it. It will not spin continuously though, only for about a second. I think it's better to test just by playing the game.

#2981 5 months ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Well I don’t like it to the point where I have now deactivated my shaker. Problem solved by end user. I hope Dwight stops pulsing the shaker for pizza spin start and stop, so I can turn it back on again. Anyway I won’t post anymore on this issue.

There's a setting to dial down how often the shaker is used you might try. "Maximal use" is the default I believe.

1 week later
#3264 4 months ago

Here you go my TMNT fans
This is a complete rebuild using Pinball Browser that uses animations from the 1987 TMNT series.
Pro, Premium and LE all available on 1.21.0
Premium and LE are untested as of now, so someone give it a try and let me know how it goes.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tmnt-stern-the-1987-code

#3268 4 months ago
Quoted from BaxterStockman:

Wow. Amazing work!!! A lot of that looks like it was always meant to be that way.

Thank you! The hardest part was trying to find clips that made sense for each scene. There are over 200 videos, so it was a boatload of work, but also really fun

1 week later
#3550 4 months ago
Quoted from PinHead50:

has anyone installed the shaker motor on this game? i ordered the stern one from marco and installed last week. I have the weights turned out 180 degrees and now dont get much out of it except on multiball. on jackpot scoring it rattles the whole game and sounds terrible. It was unbearable with both weights the same direction. anyone else have this issue?

Felt tape around the border of the back glass helps a lot to dial down the rattle noises. Also, you can put some sound dampening tape on the border of your playfield glass where it meets the rails. I forgot what it's called, but I had some and put them on there which helped a bit.

To see if you're a rattle noises mostly come from the backglass and the playfield glass, just take them out and play a game.

I don't have the official stern shaker motor, I have the one from Pinball Life and with these changes it helps quite a bit. You shouldn't have to reorient the shaker weights.

1 week later
#3718 4 months ago
Quoted from TheCapn:

I plan on mentioning this in a future video, but for those that have the balls getting stuck (magnetized) in the ball lock area - I switched to titan pinballs (original polish) and the issue hasn't shown its face since.

I never had the problem that people were talking about, but I immediately replaced my pinballs upon delivery of the machine with the Titan original polish pinballs as well. They just look so damn good.

1 week later
#3909 3 months ago
Quoted from CypherPinball:

Thanks, does this animation always happen at 10 million? I'm new to pinball, first NIB for me. But, we've hit over 10 million lots of times, but I swear we've only seen this animation a couple of times. Though it could be that I've missed it most of the time.

Usually the way the machines work is the higher the scores generally are, the higher the replay value becomes. It's a value that can increase or decrease depending on how well people are playing the machine at a specific location. It's so people don't constantly get free games in an arcade if they're pretty good. I think you should be able to see what the replay value is either on the instant info screen (hold the left flipper for 5-10 seconds while playing a game) or it might be buried in the settings somewhere. You also get the technodrome animation when there is a "special". That's just a general thing that most pinball machines have and it doesn't really mean anything except for giving you a good show of something with lights or the display usually.

1 week later
#4043 3 months ago
Quoted from ShortCorky:

Has anyone had an issue with the game freezing completely towards the end of Turtle Power Multiball? It’s happened to me a few times now - just now when I was down to only two balls and hit the right ramp for “add a ball”, then it just completely crashed. I have a pro (not sure if that matters)
[quoted image]

Just happened to me today too. Granted I'm on my 1987 code, I'm glad to see it's not something I borked up.

2 weeks later
#4285 3 months ago
Quoted from Yobits:

Also do low bounce make games a bit easier ?
whats peoples opinion on low bounce flipper rubbers

I love the feeling of the low bounce flipper rubbers from Titan. I put them on all my machines now. They make the flippers more controllable and easier to catch the ball. They also slow down the ball if you are hitting one that is coming at you since it sort of cushions it. So overall more controllable and I love the feel a lot better.

2 weeks later
#4727 77 days ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

If someone in the club would be willing to take a few pictures for me, and possibly a couple of short videos, I would send you a set of these cards for free for your efforts......

PM sent.

#4839 71 days ago

Just updated the 1987 code to 1.23 - thanks to oga83 for getting Pinball Browser compatible again!
New videos included for Neutrino Pizza Party (if you can make it there) as well as other updates.

Link to post with code: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tmnt-stern-the-1987-code

Enjoy

PXL_20201111_211800078 (resized).jpg
#4843 71 days ago
Quoted from TonLoc777:

Awesome!! So is this the version with both the video clips and the custom audio from delt31? Hoping to update for my premium : )

This is the version without the custom audio mix from delt31.
I saw delt31 say somewhere he plans on getting his version with the 1987 code done in the next week.

#4911 67 days ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Just wondering if you could use double sided tape rather than drilling new holes.
Edit: thanks again for sharing. Would never have thought to do this. And it looks awesome dude!

I'd always go for the tape route instead of drilling. I use this tape for tons of mods and it almost seems to be made for pinball machines: amazon.com link »

#4920 67 days ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

Drink every time they say Alien Tape -

Ha! That's basically the stuff. I didn't know it was an 'as-seen-on-tv' product, that would have deterred me from buying it in the first place.

#4939 65 days ago
Quoted from Zami77:

Is Raphael the most competitive turtle? I feel like starting with episode lit is pretty massive. I also really like playing as Leonardo, as his skill shot under the top left flipper is so satisfying to make. Plus the boost from training is nice. I play Donatello cause he's my favorite turtle, and starting with turtle power is fun, but I don't think point wise it's always great so early on. Michelangelo I found to be the weakest, as the ball save can be nice, but it doesn't really give a big boost to the points. What are your thoughts on it? Am I missing some stuff with each character? Either way I've been loving this game, a ton of fun, and the shots are tough but challenging. Slowly getting better at it!

If you want to get to the neutrino pizza party mode, Leonardo definitely gives you a head start. Getting those two training modes done early will also add 20% to all of your future points.

When I am playing like crap, I'll grab Michelangelo just so I don't have to potentially worry about an outline drain.

Donatello is good if you want to blow off some steam with a quick multi-ball.

Raphael is my go-to though to try to get to team up more quickly.

2 weeks later
#5099 51 days ago
Quoted from Audioenslaved:

Struggling to find the extra ball rules! My first hundred or so games I was getting extra ball left right and centre now I’m struggling to even get an extra ball every 10 games. I know they kind of just happen but I thought they happened by completing 2 modes and then other things. What and I missing?

I had a similar problem. The default feature settings stop giving you extra balls after a while if you continually get them. You can turn that off in the settings though so that you can get extra balls the same way every game. Can't quite remember the exact setting name, but it's in there.

2 weeks later
#5324 31 days ago
Quoted from billrz:

What’s everyone’s quickest time in half shell so far ??? Took a lot of tries ! But finally got under 100 !!
[quoted image]

Damn that's pretty good. I'm at around 180 but I have only put a few games into it. My dad was just saying that there ought to be a training mode where you can try for a shot multiple times in a pinball machine with an infinite ball saver. Looks like we have that now!

#5378 26 days ago
Quoted from Wallofnoise:

What are you all using as an adhesive when adding toys to your playfield? Hot glue gun? Mounting putty like Blue Tack? I don’t wanna mess up the acrylic.

My tape of choice. I used it for all of my mods and my custom topper.
amazon.com link »

#5466 21 days ago
Quoted from Norcalpin:

So what's a respectable score for TMNT?

100 million. I've gotten that a few times on mine. It's comparable to a 2 billion score in DP.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 5,999.00
Pinball Machine
Little Shop Of Games
$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 18.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider daveyvandy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside