(Topic ID: 271489)

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Club(Stern 2020): Cowabunga! It’s Pizza Time!

By Tuxedomask23

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,062 posts
  • 829 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 hours ago by cabal
  • Topic is favorited by 335 Pinsiders

You

Topic poll

“Which model are you going to purchase”

• Pro 285 votes
    50%
  • Premium 167 votes
    29%
  • LE 120 votes
    21%

(572 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20240423-005247 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240423-005259 (resized).png
20240415_084026 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image.png
PXL_20240413_183258513.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_3649 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3648 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5713 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5712 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8262 (resized).jpeg
20240406_124621 (resized).jpg
SystemJPinball.ca_1_TMNT-MenuCard-PremLE-Mean1.1_example-3 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1141 TMNT fresh out-of-the-box Issues and Fixes FAQ Posted by Stosel (3 years ago)

Post #1580 Lights rebooting on the back of the machine - FIX Posted by HookedonPinonics (3 years ago)

Post #2172 playfirlo colour differences Posted by Phatchit (3 years ago)

Post #2390 Left Outlane Fix Posted by NoQuarters (3 years ago)

Post #2457 DIY Krang Mod Instructions Posted by ABE_FLIPS (3 years ago)

Post #4037 Glider Servo DIY replacement Posted by PinHead50 (3 years ago)

Post #4120 Link to Amazon product page for replacement servo for glider Posted by PinHead50 (3 years ago)

Post #4327 Sloppy soldering at factory causing overvoltage error - fix Posted by Blackzarak (3 years ago)

Post #4374 Replacing bad glider servo with amazon better one Posted by arcadenerd925 (3 years ago)

Post #4698 Center Ramp non-registering opto fix Posted by spidey (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider davethetrain.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7697 2 years ago

Picking up a pro tomorrow, first time picking up a pinball rather than having it delivered
Got a van without tail lift.

First stern also!

My question is, how heavy is a tmnt compared to a B/W, like Fish tales or Road Show?
I'm hoping it's a bit lighter!

#7702 2 years ago

I got the game, but already have issues....

The solenoid that releases the ball from the lair lock doesn't work so the ball gets stuck there.

Doesn't work in test whereas all others do.

I'm at a loss as this is my first Stern.... Please advise!

#7704 2 years ago

I just fiddled around under the pf and backbox and it worked... Guess something loosened in transit!

What a game! Being used to the early 90s Bally Williams I've got a lot to learn

Regarding rules, is there any benefit to holding the left flipper when you plunge?

#7707 2 years ago
Quoted from Grayont:

If you have something worthwhile lit at the side loop or side ramp it can be worth going for. I originally always went for the plunge all the way to the upper flipper, but I think generally it's actually better to go into the pops because one of the pict-o-pops awards is an extra ball.

Aah it just seems odd! And even weirder that it has a traditional shooter rod when a lot of sterns use a button, there seems to be no real benefit to soft plunging so far. The skill shot is always the left lane and even if you use the button it seems to bounce to that lane most times! Maybe I have it set up wrong?

Quoted from Jerickso77:

I like to just because it's an easy set up for the Krang combo.

I've goto learn that combo, only played a couple of hours and there's so much going on.

#7709 2 years ago
Quoted from BaxterStockman:

Well for Donatello his skillshot can be hit by holding the left flipper down to get a shot at that right off the bat.

Interesting! So much to learn!

I got 23mil tonight, best so far but no Idea how!

What I find a bit confusing is there's an animation for extra ball but no text or call out. Also doesn't say on screen when your ball does except for the same player being active. No shoot again text, which meant my other half nearly played my balls a few times!

#7712 2 years ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

No text for the extra ball animation and the shoot again is just on the 1987 code. I'm pretty sure the original had text on the video that gave this instruction. It would be nice if there was an audible call-out as well though.

Ohhh! We installed that code yesterday, so that's it! I should have been clearer then. But i thought the 1987 code only changed the background videos!

#7737 2 years ago

Any idea what this setting is for?
20211110_220955 (resized).jpg20211110_220955 (resized).jpg

#7743 2 years ago

I read you can backhand both ramps?

I put my flipper power up by 5 and managed but then never again (I guess flipper fade?).

I also read in this thread that people put the flipper power down and it makes the game play better. But can you still backhand a ramp?

I'm finding the game brutal, set at 6.5 (at least the bubble is dead center of the two lines)

#7769 2 years ago

Are there any modes that utilise the pop bumpers or spinner?

It seems very ramp and orbit orientated

#7772 2 years ago
Quoted from Riefepeters:

What are thoughts on training and leveling up? I feel like the risk reward payoff isn’t there. When I attempt to enter the lair, being slightly off kicks the ball back to the right outline at a very high percentage drain. So I’m just not inclined to even try to enter intentionally and level up. As I’m going to drain on the right outlane 5-1.
Does anyone play a specific turtle and level up at the onset strategically? Any better entrance to lair than from right flipper?
Would love to hear perspectives.

There's a ball save option for lair which helps. I have mine set to 2 seconds

#7776 2 years ago

Folks,
On a plunge or autofire all the way around to the upper flipper, if you don't hit the ball mine often drains SDTM. Is that by design of a ball guide adjustment?

#7781 2 years ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

I would check that your upper flipper isn’t sticking out a little bit and altering the ball trajectory. If so you may need to adjust it back in. This happened to me on my LZ on an orbit shot as well. The flipper from the factory was just sticking out enough that when the ball hit it I would get SDTM 100% of the time.

Quoted from arcyallen:

In that situation mine drops to the left flipper, bounces to the right flipper, then bounces up and hangs in the air for a bit. Definitely not draining without some flipper contact.

Thanks guys, I'll check the flipper... But if not that it sounds like a ball guide adjustment? Is it easy to get to?

#7782 2 years ago

It's not aligned to the hole. But even so a slow mo video doesn't show the ball making contact with it.
I tried to re align the flipper but my 5/32 allen key won't move it at all, even feels like I'm stripping the head of the bolt.

20211116_130245 (resized).jpg20211116_130245 (resized).jpg

#7787 2 years ago

What are the domes that have the leds behind on the training plastics? I am considering changing them to red as the white is so bright

1 week later
#7856 2 years ago

Would the scoring feel more standardised if you could add an extra zero to the end of it?

1 week later
#7939 2 years ago

Couldn't we keep pestering the coder?

1 week later
#8000 2 years ago

Turtle Power MB seems to be worth next to nothing, except for running it with a mode is there any points to be had?

#8003 2 years ago

I don't see turtle power multiball mentioned in that post

1 week later
#8034 2 years ago

It seems a bit of an oversight that if you play teams vs it doesn't tell you which team won at the end of the game. It shows the player scores individually.

In the gameplay it shows a team score so why can't it when you finish?

Xaqery

#8039 2 years ago
Quoted from Initiative:stern introduced the four player banner in the last update for BKSoR as well - looks terrible. I don't believe it can be turned off/changed by setting or otherwise. The 'Press Start' text disappears after ball 1 is over on a one-player game I believe.

It doesn't disappear I wish it did! Makes sense it would center the score but it doesn't

#8061 2 years ago

What post rubbers are people using?

I use perfect play on all my machines but the rubbers on turtles are wearing out already, I suppose its because they are thinner and the posts either side of the ramp get hit hard and a lot!

I thought the softer perfect play rubbers would be nicer than the rock hard black rubbers it came with but they barely last a month.

20211215_144528 (resized).jpg20211215_144528 (resized).jpg

2 weeks later
#8160 2 years ago
Quoted from acons017:

The plastic overlay sitting on top of the pizza target (with the TMNT pinball face) lost a screw underneath. Can someone please send me an image of their pizza target so I know what piece is missing?
[quoted image][quoted image]

How peculiar! Mine was like this too. I just grabbed some spare screws and washers and fixed it to the empty hole

#8163 2 years ago
Quoted from Gentax:

Just got a turtles in my house and I got a question. I noticed whenever I hit a the inner loop the ball stops and goes into the bumpers. Is this normal? Not sure how I can Kang Combo if I can't combo. I have no idea when this gate is supposed to be open or closed

Check all connectors, it sounds like the post solenoid isn't working.

When I got mine a ball would get trapped in the lair because the post wasn't working. It was just a loose connection

1 week later
#8237 2 years ago

My game locked up and had to be rebooted at the weekend. it was during a competition so I didn't see it personally but apparently the display locked up and went black where the animations go.
Does this sound like the same bug that people are talking ab

1 week later
#8307 2 years ago

Sadly leaving the club tomorrow. Swapping Turtles pro for a really nice original AFM. Always wanted an AFM and they don't come up often over here and then you're lucky if you nab it.

I will miss Turtles, it was one of the only decent themes Stern have done in the modern LCD times. But I was finding it very frustrating to play.
I hope to get it back sometime when I'm a better player

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grindstone, PA
Machine - For Sale
Terre Haute, IN
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

6,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Gainesville, FL
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 22.00
$ 16.00
$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 18.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Twisted Tokens

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 7,999.00
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 7,000.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider davethetrain.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-club2020-cowabunga-its-pizza-time?tu=davethetrain and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.