(Topic ID: 271489)

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Club(Stern 2020): Cowabunga! It’s Pizza Time!

By Tuxedomask23

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,044 posts
  • 828 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 26 hours ago by Afty86
  • Topic is favorited by 335 Pinsiders

You

Topic poll

“Which model are you going to purchase”

• Pro 285 votes
    50%
  • Premium 166 votes
    29%
  • LE 120 votes
    21%

(571 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240415_084026 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image.png
PXL_20240413_183258513.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_3649 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3648 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5713 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5712 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8262 (resized).jpeg
20240406_124621 (resized).jpg
SystemJPinball.ca_1_TMNT-MenuCard-PremLE-Mean1.1_example-3 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1141 TMNT fresh out-of-the-box Issues and Fixes FAQ Posted by Stosel (3 years ago)

Post #1580 Lights rebooting on the back of the machine - FIX Posted by HookedonPinonics (3 years ago)

Post #2172 playfirlo colour differences Posted by Phatchit (3 years ago)

Post #2390 Left Outlane Fix Posted by NoQuarters (3 years ago)

Post #2457 DIY Krang Mod Instructions Posted by ABE_FLIPS (3 years ago)

Post #4037 Glider Servo DIY replacement Posted by PinHead50 (3 years ago)

Post #4120 Link to Amazon product page for replacement servo for glider Posted by PinHead50 (3 years ago)

Post #4327 Sloppy soldering at factory causing overvoltage error - fix Posted by Blackzarak (3 years ago)

Post #4374 Replacing bad glider servo with amazon better one Posted by arcadenerd925 (3 years ago)

Post #4698 Center Ramp non-registering opto fix Posted by spidey (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dashv.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6418 3 years ago

Cowabunga dudes. I am now a happy owner of TMNT Premium!

I've only had the game for 2 days and the fam couldn't be happier! Mods already on order are:

* Katana Blade Shooter Rod
* Technodrome figure for behind the turtle van
* Turtle Crossing Sign
* Ninja Pizza Billboard
* Mutagen Container
* interactive rgb lights for the back ramp

Any other mods I should consider?

I do hope they re-fix the turtle van loosing balls. Seems they fixed it before but then broke it again in the latest firmware. Or maybe you folks know some tips for that?

1 week later
#6465 2 years ago

Most of my mods arrived and I’ve installed them.

Ninja Pizzeria sign I had to improvise. Seems the mounts were intended for the pro ramp.

Unfortunately it only had one apron card when I traded. Anyone got a scan of the other apron card?

22C7C874-0132-4C92-892D-43BAF01C3C71 (resized).jpeg22C7C874-0132-4C92-892D-43BAF01C3C71 (resized).jpegA7783ACB-7224-4E86-A9CD-AAA4BE74ECBD (resized).jpegA7783ACB-7224-4E86-A9CD-AAA4BE74ECBD (resized).jpegEB67D0F0-579E-4FE6-B58B-73F1AD604EF0 (resized).jpegEB67D0F0-579E-4FE6-B58B-73F1AD604EF0 (resized).jpeg

#6469 2 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

You can have my old apron cards. I make lenticular/3D cards for a lot of machines, and put my lenticulars in my Ninja Turtles, so I have no need for the original cards.
Here are the Lenticulars/3D I make for this machine-
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lenticular-apron-cards#post-5955895
[quoted image]

I’d like to take you up on this offer.

I just placed an order for your TMNT lenticular set. If you wouldn’t mind tossing the originals in the package too. That would be nifty.

Any chance you’ll make a set of STNG lenticulars?

Many thanks to everyone that offered scans and custom ones!

This pin sits next to a full decked out Munsters with color custom cards. Feels naked!

#6474 2 years ago
Quoted from bossk4hire:

I'd love to see time for pizza eating contest

That would be cool!

Is there a video mode on this game?

#6488 2 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Here is how I got my stern katana shooter rod to work relatively regular. I put the smallest size post rubber inside the shooter rod rubber and pushed it down flat with a screw driver. It gave it enough extra length to shoot more normal.
Disappointing to pay this much for a shooter rod only to have issues and other seem to as well.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

I got one of these on order. What was your issue with it?

#6490 2 years ago

My left sling started acting up tonight.

Not firing sometimes then firing at times
when there is no contact. Is there a good post on troubleshooting and fine tuning them?

#6492 2 years ago
Quoted from Indusguys:

Very simple fix especially if you have the leaf adjusting tool. I am assuming you don’t, the space in between the contacts(they look like little nipples) should ever so slightly be a gap. If they are touching use a small pair of needle nose pliers to bend the back smaller leaf switch away from the larger front one. Vice versa if they are too far apart.

Thanks for the tips! That was the problem. I do actually have the proper adjuster tools.

This is the first time I ever had to adjust the slings. I was mainly wondering which reed to bend the long or short ones and how much of a gap to leave. Your description of what to do was very helpful. Thanks again.

It’s pizza time again!

#6497 2 years ago

+1
This is a great suggestion. It’s the set I have.

#6498 2 years ago

Folks that bought the Leonardo Katana shooter rod...

Did stern send you an entire assembly?

Can I just swap out the rod itself?

785462C2-2394-41F4-B564-9377C24DB8F0 (resized).jpeg785462C2-2394-41F4-B564-9377C24DB8F0 (resized).jpeg
#6503 2 years ago
Quoted from Initiative:

First thing I tried was to swap tips and that did not fix the problem, so my guess is that the rod itself is hair shorter than the stock rod.

I will measure them side by side.

#6504 2 years ago

Well. I measured them both.

Stock shooter rod extends 6.75” from where the plate touches the cab.

The TMNT shooter rod extends only 6.5”.

And super bummer. It doesn’t reach the ball properly when used. Plunger launches are useless now.

Damn, what a disappointment.

How does stuff like this make it out the door?

0B03A906-E1BE-459F-A840-D97BDC4C1F20 (resized).jpeg0B03A906-E1BE-459F-A840-D97BDC4C1F20 (resized).jpeg
#6505 2 years ago
Quoted from Initiative:

First thing I tried was to swap tips and that did not fix the problem, so my guess is that the rod itself is hair shorter than the stock rod.

Update.

I pulled both the stock shooter and the katana shooter out of their housings.

Both rods actionable length is the exact same.

So I measured the washers. Same thickness.

I measured the short external springs (the ones outside the machine).

The katana blades external spring is .25” longer at rest. This explains the rod protruding from the base into the cabinet .25” less than the stock shooter.

I swapped this spring.

All launches are good now with my new katana shooter and old spring.

I also then tried the original shooter housing and hardware with the katana rod and it shoots fine.

Check if the outer spring that comes with yours is too long.

Not the best picture but you can kind see it.
26DEAD38-35D2-442A-8065-1AED1B98FBDB (resized).jpeg26DEAD38-35D2-442A-8065-1AED1B98FBDB (resized).jpegD5D6903C-C83D-45F5-B868-1BEF485A1446 (resized).jpegD5D6903C-C83D-45F5-B868-1BEF485A1446 (resized).jpeg

2 weeks later
#6624 2 years ago
Quoted from BigTP25:

So I posted a little while back looking for any information about this custom topper. I was able to track down who originally posted the photo, who made it and there was even a very nice person bazou who pointed me in the right direction who actually owns one. Unfortunately, I couldn't get much help from the person who originally posted a photo of the topper, bazou doesn't want to sell his (understandably) and the person who made these originally doesn't want to make anymore. Not to be detered in my quest, I found a custom sign maker on Etsy and they have made me one! It's practically an exact replica of the original I showed them. They are also making me one for the eventual Avengers IQ pinball I will get once my wife cools down from me buying a TMNT. I also plan on having this guy make a Ghostbusters logo sign to put above the already amazing Stern topper. Here are some pics of what is completed and what is still to come...I am super excited!

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
[quoted image]

Care to share the sign maker? Maybe they can make me a good topper for my STNG.

1 week later
#6657 2 years ago
Quoted from RikeIsland:

I got my Premium right when they first came out and I love every brutal minute of the game. I may be in the minority but I love the premium art package way better and I couldn’t imagine not having that moment when the turtles come out of the van for the multi ball. The glider is useful and it looks so much better then the metal stop or the aftermarket glider. I am a big shellhead so I may be a little biased.

Love at first launch for me. Traded my ST Premium (with uv kit) for the TMNT Premium on the spot and a month later, still no regrets.

Agree 100% with all your comments.

This game is giving my AFM a run for its money as my favorite pin of all time.

#6677 2 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Krang always needed way more callouts than he has now.
Rob

I agree.

I do my own callouts (in the voices) while playing and my family is sometimes in tears.

Krang: “Shredder, you have to do something for me.”
Shredder: “What is it now Krang? I’m already hand washing your robots tighty whities!”

2 weeks later
#6843 2 years ago

I just got word my Official TMNT Topper is ready to ship!

#6867 2 years ago

More Official toppers are showing up back in stock in places.
https://nitropinball.com/products/tmnt-topper

#6875 2 years ago
Quoted from dapperdan24:

Just a fun FYI, my topper arrived with a scratch through Mikey's face and the eye didn't look around. They are sending me a replacement plastic and when I took it back of the machine and disassembled the topper, I found that the connector to the eye was plugged in backwards. Neat topper now that it's working though lol.

Cannot wait for mine to arrive. Tho I wish the eye blinked.

#6878 2 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Ensure you’re using a Stern rubber tip on the rod not silicone (I was using a titan tip and it wouldn’t make it around). Also it is key to change to a Stern Red Spring. Make sure the striker is hitting the ball on center.

Where does one get a stern red spring?

#6893 2 years ago

Someone asked about if the TMNT logo is removable from the topper. It is.

It’s two hex nuts but the bolds they thread to are welded to the frame. They are not very noticeable but some folks might want to hide them with something.

Here is what it looks like without the logo.

0D564333-4B2F-4754-A233-399923974115 (resized).jpeg0D564333-4B2F-4754-A233-399923974115 (resized).jpeg0EE1B429-2BA1-4A53-BD9E-3F7201B49B88 (resized).jpeg0EE1B429-2BA1-4A53-BD9E-3F7201B49B88 (resized).jpegF96498D8-220A-4026-98F9-1D7E14157FF0 (resized).jpegF96498D8-220A-4026-98F9-1D7E14157FF0 (resized).jpeg
#6897 2 years ago
Quoted from BaxterStockman:

That plastic logo cost you about $200. And you removed it?!?!?!
/s

It does look a lot better without it up there.

I’m going to sell the plastic logo for $500 and put it towards a down payment on my next topper.

#6899 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

No doubt. The fact it cost the same amount as TWO Xbox series x is really crazy.

Crazier is that I was able to score one of these easier than a PS5 or XBSX. I Want both and can’t land either.

#6903 2 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

in settings you can do that

Also on the premium you can just pull the door open with your finger and they will fall out

#6904 2 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Yeah, we have been too. They are still not easy to get and people are still selling them more than store price. The tmnt topper I was surprised how many are still in stock considering all others stern toppers seem sold out. Did they do another run of the tmnt topper?

Yes. Stern just last week made a new batch available.

2 weeks later
#6949 2 years ago
Quoted from acons017:

I don’t have this problem on the new code. Never encountered a crash. Have you tried reloading the firmware?

I have been on the latest code for months and it’s an outstanding bug. Sometimes when turtle power multiball activates the game just bricks.

It’s rare. But somehow usually when I am having an awesome run.

1 week later
#7023 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_H:

What playfield wax should I be purchasing that everyone would recommend?

Blitz one grand.

2 weeks later
#7101 2 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

It all came together tonight, and I got to Final Battle with Mikey.
Gotta say though, wizard mode is a bit anti-climatic!
Wish you actually felt like you were in a battle, ala Medieval Madness or Dialed In.
Now I'm setting it to super easy for my kids to enjoy. Anyone know of you can put a ball save on when episodes start?

This game can absolutely be made much easier.

You can’t activate ball save for the Episodes. But you can set the ball save time really high in general. And you can even set the number of times it can save. Also set all awards to be extra ball and your kids could be playing for quite a while!

1 week later
#7157 2 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Does anyone have pinstadium lights on their tmnt? There are a lot of modes that are so bright and flashy I lose track of the ball. I was curious if they help. I love this pin but I just had the best game yet and drained because of all the crazy flashing

I highly recommend pinmonks light gels:
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1170-pin-monk/03944-tmnt-mode-light-bracket-set-9-inserts

These greatly reduce the stably white blinding ness of the game. He also has one for the “turtle power” light.

1 week later
#7182 2 years ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

I’m picking up a pro next week. How big of an update do you think there needs to be? If the scoring was more balanced, and ball save was enabled at certain points, would it make a world of difference? Or does the game need an overhaul?

I’m not a Wizard, nor a tournament player. If I want crazy high scores and a simple game I play Munsters. If I want want to be reminded that I need to git gud I play TMNT.

I think it really depends on if you have other games to balance out your play sessions and what those games are.

At one point in time Ghostbusters was too much of an ass kicker to have in my collection.

But after getting better at TMNT and STNG and having a Munsters and AFM to console me after a series of fails, I kinda wonder if I could handle GB now.

I don’t expect to see major scoring tweaks to this game. But I do hope they fix the multiball crash and missing final battle audio.

#7186 2 years ago
Quoted from ScreaminSauce:

I absolutely enjoy playing TMNT. It gives me the 'one more game' feels, and when I get into team-up, or nail a couple combo shots (right ramp, screamin' center ramp, left ramp combo comes to mind), it reminds me of why I am in the hobby.
When that becomes tiring, the Half-Shell Challenge is there to practice shots and try to shave off a few seconds time.
Not saying it is perfect, but dang I really do like spending time playin it!

I like the co-op and half shelf challenge too. I wish every game had modes like this.

There’s really no reason (other than time) for them not to.

#7194 2 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

AT the price of $16,000 which is what I paid for game and topper, it’s definitely not an entitlement request.

That’s way above retail. But I get your point.

I still think jailbreaks and home brew are the only way some of our games will see the desired updates.

#7197 2 years ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

It is in Australian dollars and he has an LE. So that’s like 11.5k with the topper and import taxes that’s probably standard.

Gotcha. That makes sense.

I do get where he’s coming from. But we’ve all seen how Stern behaves at this point. What we buy is what we get.

They may update the code. They may not.

Maybe we end up with a Ghostbusters. Or maybe we end up with a 24.

I think jailbrake and home brew are going to be the only answer for several pins.

#7202 2 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

are you talking about Munsters !?
(bad joke inside) ...

My comments hold true for Munsters as well.

2 weeks later
#7270 2 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I have a digital incline meter which works fairly well to measure playfield pitch and level. I think I have my TMNT at about 6.7 or 6.8. If I put it at 7 or higher then I probably can't backhand the left ramp any more. The flippers weaken as they get warmer during play so that becomes a factor too.
Rob

If you get one of pinmonks awesome fans, flipper fade is no longer an issue.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1170-pin-monk/04203-tibetan-breeze-spike-2-flipper-coil-cooling-kit

You may want to contact him and ask if a third fan is necessary for TMNT.

#7325 2 years ago
Quoted from Jkaping:

Here are the two powder coat colors I’m debating for my pro. Again Green makes sense and I like that it isn’t so subtle… but purple, I feel, matches the art better. In different light the purple has some blue in it also.
Thoughs?
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Where did you get those samples?

Also; green.

2 weeks later
#7420 2 years ago
Quoted from blairan213:

This! I was shocked the first time I picked up a game from a "long time" collector, that always has several machines for sale...

Ouch. Yeah. I baby all my machines when moving/working on them.

I cringe when I see some yank Theirs around or move them with back boxes not bolted down.

#7427 2 years ago
Quoted from Scandell:

Animation Update:

Animation done by fellow ex-deeprooter :
Allison Ataide

I like it!

#7452 2 years ago
Quoted from MegaFeenix:

As a Donatello main I just want the game to not crash on me. Even if it is like 4% of the times I have played. Also audio in the final battle.

Yes, audio in final battle. Why so long for that to be fixed.

Quoted from pinballsteph:

Has there been a fix for the "Turtle Power multiball reset issue"?
Running latest code 1.41 (SD Card from Stern).
Tried with a new SD card (class 10, 16GB sandisk)
still happens, once in ~50 games or so. (2 days in a row now...)
thanks
[quoted image]

Nope.

1 month later
#7832 2 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

Gotta figure out what's causing it if you're gonna fix it.

Didn’t get the crash (but I’ve only played two games since updating.) The final battle audio is sweet. We were really missing out!

#7833 2 years ago
Quoted from Scandell:

Latest. Worst idea for a callout in this machine. Making the most of it.

Y does April not like cats?

This callout in game always makes me LoL.

2 weeks later
#7961 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Mine also wouldn't get the ball all the way up the ramp. I installed a stiffer spring and it's good to go.

What color?

2 months later
#8325 2 years ago
Quoted from DentalDude88:

Different spring didn't help me. The problem is that they used the same standard length shooter rod shaft inside the katana, but as you can see the katana sticks out further from the machine than normal, hence a greater distance from the ball when the tip is at rest. To combat this, I removed one of the washers from around the outer spring near the hilt. That shortens the position of the rod tip to the ball ever so slightly, which gives me plenty of power to make it all the way around. Granted I am pulling it back harder than a normal plunger, but once you get the feel it works much better. Hope that helps.

Dustwel

This is spot on. And I have a few more tips.
I removed one of the washers and put on a smaller outside spring. This added a lot of the power back but then the ball was launching “weird”.

So I took a closer look and noticed the plunger was not hitting the ball dead center.

After adjusting so it was, it’s a lot better and really rips now.

So I’d recommend checking for and addressing both issues of you have them.

It’s likely both reach and targeting.

1 week later
#8363 2 years ago
Quoted from RabanzZ28:

Just sold my Premium and have the awesome Medisinyl Mods available. I have the pipe with pink Ooze and the selection bezel if anyone is interested. Not looking to profit. Just looking to sell for same price for awesome mods. Anyone interested, let me know and I can send pics if you want. $100 plus shipping for both. Thanks

Do you have the burning building mod? I’m looking for that.

1 month later
#8678 2 years ago

Well… installed insider connected and fired up my TMNT Prem today hoping to level up and get some achievements.

Since I got this thing the Glider occasionally would do this thing where the tail end will jump off the ramp and get stuck there requiring me to pull the glass.

Now it’s happening all the time and sometimes seizes up because the spinning thing underneath the servo over spins and then gets jammed between the nuts and bolts holding the set onto the ramp. That then requires me to take the rails and ramp off to unseize it.

The issue seems to be the metal rod between the glider and servo. It used to be bent but it straightens out after a few games.

Anyone got a fix that lasts for more than a couple games?

4E5DEF80-B125-4C2E-9B1B-A16BBC4922BF (resized).jpeg4E5DEF80-B125-4C2E-9B1B-A16BBC4922BF (resized).jpegA60F96D8-1ABF-4188-B4D6-6E50FA21EB36 (resized).jpegA60F96D8-1ABF-4188-B4D6-6E50FA21EB36 (resized).jpeg

#8693 1 year ago

From one of my favorite pins to completely unplayable.

Calibration test shows Far Left, Left, Center, Right, Far Right all are where they should be.

No idea why on startup it's suddenly started jumping off the ramp and getting stuck to the left on boot up rendering the game completely unplayable.

#8698 1 year ago
Quoted from wisefwumyogwave:

What was Stern's response to this? Seems like the servo is fine and working, maybe the driver board for the servo is jacked up and holding power on it on something.

I’ll have to reach out to them.

Problem is I got this pin in trade (been working fine for months). My experience with Stern has been that if it’s out of warranty and I don’t have a distributor I rarely hear back from them.

So I was asking here first.

1 month later
#9039 1 year ago
Quoted from rcb5588:

Does anyone have an idea of the current going price for a brand new playfield?
Like a lot of other people I received the poorly printed playfield on my NIB TMNT back in 2020. I then received a brand new unpopulated playfield with the better quality print job. I'm never going to get around to swapping them, so figured I'd maybe throw it up for sale. I don't recall seeing many listed for sale, so curious what peoples thoughts are on pricing for a brand new playfield.

I've seen play fields for Sterns still in production list for $350. Not sure if those had takers. Mine has ink blots as well as looks like it came out of a bad ink jet. But I got it in a trade so no hope for a replacement from Stern for me.

If you are considering selling yours, I may be interested.

2 months later
#9373 1 year ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

If I had to only have one machine, it’d be TMNT. Lot’s to do with different ways to approach the game.

You’d pick this over Munsters?

4 weeks later
#9596 1 year ago
Quoted from Xaqery:

Thank you.
I just want to give credit where due. Corey Stup has been hot on the trail of the TPMB crash for some time and was the one that finally solved it. I would like to publicly thank him. Thanks Corey!
PS - I have No Man Sky coming for my SWITCH on Tuesday.

Many thanks to both of you!

I have this game parked right next to Munsters and STNG!

This bug is was a major buzzkill in an otherwise excellent game! Not anymore!

8 months later
#10966 9 months ago

Seems we have all had to replace that servo.

Still love this game!

4 months later
#11482 4 months ago

Very happy to see new folks popping in.

This is a solid game that doesn’t get enough love!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 22.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

10,500 (OBO)
6,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Gainesville, FL
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Waxhaw, NC
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 7,000.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Twisted Tokens

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 16.00
$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 7,999.00
$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dashv.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-club2020-cowabunga-its-pizza-time?tu=dashv and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.