(Topic ID: 271489)

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Club(Stern 2020): Cowabunga! It’s Pizza Time!

By Tuxedomask23

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,061 posts
  • 829 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 hours ago by System-J
  • Topic is favorited by 335 Pinsiders

You

Topic poll

“Which model are you going to purchase”

• Pro 285 votes
    50%
  • Premium 167 votes
    29%
  • LE 120 votes
    21%

(572 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20240423-005247 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240423-005259 (resized).png
20240415_084026 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image.png
PXL_20240413_183258513.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_3649 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3648 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5713 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5712 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8262 (resized).jpeg
20240406_124621 (resized).jpg
SystemJPinball.ca_1_TMNT-MenuCard-PremLE-Mean1.1_example-3 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1141 TMNT fresh out-of-the-box Issues and Fixes FAQ Posted by Stosel (3 years ago)

Post #1580 Lights rebooting on the back of the machine - FIX Posted by HookedonPinonics (3 years ago)

Post #2172 playfirlo colour differences Posted by Phatchit (3 years ago)

Post #2390 Left Outlane Fix Posted by NoQuarters (3 years ago)

Post #2457 DIY Krang Mod Instructions Posted by ABE_FLIPS (3 years ago)

Post #4037 Glider Servo DIY replacement Posted by PinHead50 (3 years ago)

Post #4120 Link to Amazon product page for replacement servo for glider Posted by PinHead50 (3 years ago)

Post #4327 Sloppy soldering at factory causing overvoltage error - fix Posted by Blackzarak (3 years ago)

Post #4374 Replacing bad glider servo with amazon better one Posted by arcadenerd925 (3 years ago)

Post #4698 Center Ramp non-registering opto fix Posted by spidey (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider clearstar.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8310 2 years ago

Is there any reason to go with the Premium on my second go around with this pin? I had the Pro, liked it a lot, but kicked my ass. Generally speaking, I have nostalgia to get it back..and I will within the next week or two. Question is do I grab a Premium this time around? Is TMNT Premium situation similar to Deadpool Pro vs Premium, where the Premium isn’t required, but there are some QoL benefits that make the game flow/play/control better?

#8313 2 years ago
Quoted from solid_snake:

As with a lot of Borg games the Premium isn't a huge upgrade. The turtle van multiball and Krang toy are nice to have though. The glider diverter and pizza disc spinning in both directions aren't a big addition for me, but for some they might be (especially the glider). Also, 8 balls on the Premium compared to 6 on the Pro, which is pretty rare.

Thanks. You control the diverted right? If so, shouldn't it be easier to complete the missions, since I can feed the flipper I need?

#8324 2 years ago

Thanks all. Man, ya'll got me thinking hard on the Premium now. I really miss this machine (my Pro), it's a tough shooter, but the theme is top 5 for me in pinball. If I do get the Premium however, I'm going to have to change out the t-molding, haha! The Red is terrible compared to the Lime-Green on the Pro, imo.

Quoted from Thunderbird:

Pro is nice too, but Premium all day long. Have shot both, but don’t kid yourself, the upgrades are not small.
1. Being able to change lanes via the glider is huge, at least for me. On the pro, always frustrating can’t do that on a tougher playing layout. Layout was meant to have the glider.
2. Ball lock in the Lair is also a game changer. pro doesn’t have that.
3. Krang toy puts you in the Zone and is such a fun addition. Can’t imagine the game without it.
4. TMNT van having 4 balls falling out of the van is just like the Ninjas all falling out to kick some Foot.
5. 8 ball vs. 6 ball, so much more fun, with all the kaos like 4 clan vs 4 turtles. Easier to hit all the required April shots with 8 balls to get to Cowabunga. (Even with that, I’ve not been there yet, lol.)
6. Both direction spinning disc really adds unique play to the game and is utilized not just during PMB, but during regular game play, which keeps the ball from going SDTM.
Think you’ll be happier in the long run with the premium all day long, imo. The differences are so many, they all add up pretty quickly to a better package, which is the way Borg fully designed the game to be at its best. But the pro is a great value, which you already know.
Tell us which way you go.

I didn't know the Premium has a ball lock in the lair! It just feeds right through on the Pro. It also sounds like the action button has better usage, than the Pro. 8 balls would help more with the missions since this is such a tough shooter.

Quoted from Dustwel:

I have premium and have only played Premium and CE. I can’t imagine playing without the ramp diverter, and Krang and van ball drop are awesome too. The ramp diverter especially comes in useful. A ton of shots need to be made off of the right flipper and it’s not easy to pass between flippers when held.
Just got JJP GNR last week and honestly still love TMNT Prem more.

This is exactly what I had trouble with. Some games on the Pro, felt like I could never get the ball to the right flipper. So many shots needed on the left side/ramps/lair, but ball always seems to fall to the left flipper...and you can't backhand much on this table.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ballston Spa, NY
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Twisted Tokens

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 3.49
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 16.00
$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tualatin, OR
5,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
York, PA
$ 7,000.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 7,999.00
$ 22.00
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 23.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

6,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Gainesville, FL
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider clearstar.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-club2020-cowabunga-its-pizza-time?tu=clearstar and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.