(Topic ID: 271489)

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Club(Stern 2020): Cowabunga! It’s Pizza Time!

By Tuxedomask23

7 months ago

Topic Stats

• 5,677 posts
  • 457 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 minutes ago by acons017
  • Topic is favorited by 197 Pinsiders

You

Topic poll

“Which model are you going to purchase”

• Pro 165 votes
    46%
  • Premium 89 votes
    25%
  • LE 103 votes
    29%

(357 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,282 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

3D85947A-7F5A-4D1F-9153-A79BDF51002E (resized).jpeg
FAC0CF82-9A5E-4C2C-BFCF-766FC37DB5EC (resized).jpeg
5687D0E5-5C3E-4FF9-BDFC-FF7174657B31 (resized).jpeg
20210121_161928 (resized).jpg
20210121_161934 (resized).jpg
20210121_161945 (resized).jpg
20210121_161919 (resized).jpg
20210121_161926 (resized).jpg
20210121_161911 (resized).jpg
20210120_151942 (resized).jpg
20210119_191036 (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2021-01-21 at 10.59.42 AM (resized).png
Screen Shot 2021-01-21 at 10.59.17 AM (resized).png
Screen Shot 2021-01-21 at 10.59.06 AM (resized).png
Screen Shot 2021-01-21 at 10.58.56 AM (resized).png
Screen Shot 2021-01-21 at 10.58.33 AM (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1141 TMNT fresh out-of-the-box Issues and Fixes FAQ Posted by Stosel (6 months ago)

Post #1580 Lights rebooting on the back of the machine - FIX Posted by HookedonPinonics (5 months ago)

Post #2172 playfirlo colour differences Posted by Phatchit (5 months ago)

Post #2390 Left Outlane Fix Posted by NoQuarters (5 months ago)

Post #2457 DIY Krang Mod Instructions Posted by ABE_FLIPS (5 months ago)

Post #4037 Glider Servo DIY replacement Posted by PinHead50 (3 months ago)

Post #4120 Link to Amazon product page for replacement servo for glider Posted by PinHead50 (3 months ago)

Post #4327 Sloppy soldering at factory causing overvoltage error - fix Posted by Blackzarak (3 months ago)

Post #4374 Replacing bad glider servo with amazon better one Posted by arcadenerd925 (86 days ago)

Post #4698 Center Ramp non-registering opto fix Posted by spidey (74 days ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chuckwurt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#77 7 months ago
Quoted from Dr-Willy:

I really like how it lays out bug fixes, what’s new, and what rules have been tweeked. Hope it’s like this for all update on all games going forward!

When’s the last time a code update readme didn’t have this?

#78 7 months ago

Local pro lands here soon! Can’t wait to check it out.

#87 7 months ago
Quoted from Dr-Willy:

Looking at other dwight read me files, it looks like this is how he always does it and other coders jumble everything. Guess i just never picked up on him doing it this way before until now.

Haha. That explains it then. I read way more of Dwight’s readmes than anyone else’s.

#107 7 months ago
Quoted from Thomas3184:

What does everyone do with old glass when you replace with hd glass?

Keep in case you have one that breaks. Once i have 4-5 spaces I throw away any more.

#110 7 months ago
Quoted from mummite:

Anyone have a rubber list for TMNT yet? Is the manual available yet?
Want to order some titan rubbers before the game arrives.

Just get a bulk kit.

#112 7 months ago

I also like the added code Dwight has for the prem with the glider and lair and bidirectional disc. Prem has my eye on this one.

#139 6 months ago
Quoted from Waxx:

Here I have compiled all the mechanical differences between the Pro and LE spinning disc.
Differences:
Zero
I guess it is possible I'm missing something they didn't include in the manual or if we are all lucky they could "enable" both directions with a topper or purchasable DLC.
[quoted image]

Just clarified with Stern that the difference between the Pro and Prem is a different more expensive controller board that allows the magnet to spin both directions.

So I wouldn’t expect it to be anything possible on the pro ever.

#140 6 months ago

Pro - motor is driven by a solenoid drive on the node board directly (page 12 of the PRO manual). PRE/LE - motor has a separate bidirectional motor controller driven by the node board lamp drives. (PRE manual, page 34).

#165 6 months ago
Quoted from jorant:

I mean, it COULD if you kept the same driver board. Is that driver board actually any more money than the other one?

Yes.

#170 6 months ago

1.0 means feature complete to me. Bug fixes and polish should continue for months as more people play and find said bugs and scoring imbalances.

#178 6 months ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

I was looking at the new DF stream and saw all those dispaly errors, always when there are multiple awards like add-a-ball or bonus held...

Pict o pops. Think slot machine. All three images need to match to get the award. Haha

#180 6 months ago
Quoted from konghusker:

Question. You guys think this game code is deep enough to last a really long time in a home? I’ve heard a few guys talk about getting through the modes already, so just curious on opinions of people that played it.

Doubt they’ve been through all of them. Game is too new to say how easy or hard it will be to get to the cowabunga wizard mode. Plus who knows what tweaks and balances are to come in the coming months.

This game seems like it will be similar to SW and GOT. Lots of ways to attack the game, but not impossible to beat it. Just the right amount of difficulty for most players.

#199 6 months ago
Quoted from Waxx:

It's not being negative to ask more from manufacturers. Obviously the answer is yes but how much more for what's most likely an inexpensive board.
$6100 isn't enough yet I guess.

I just don’t try to act like I know what goes into a pinball machine production cost. It all adds up and I bet quicker than people think. I bet $10 here or there in production cost can swing a feature from being added or not.

And a $10 part is just the start. What’s the cost of software dev on it, service of the part, etc.

#225 6 months ago

Yeah that powder coat looks way better close up.

#228 6 months ago

Definitely not frustrating at all. I’ve only put one game on it but was able to find the shots almost immediately. Lair and right orbit being the hardest for me.

I’m usually a terrible upper flipper player and I found those shots pretty quickly too.

I like the mono targets. It can ge frustrating to have that bottom target left and not be able to ever hit it unless your shot it perfect.

The way the targets are coded are good too and you’re going to need to hit them a lot so it makes sense that they are easier to hit.

#254 6 months ago
Quoted from BaxterStockman:

Was confused at what the "joke" was. Turns out he just don't like it.
I think it's the best of the 3.

Yeah the art package on the LE is the best fo sho.

#259 6 months ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

Loaded! Setting up after I put my daughter to bed. she's going to scream in excitement in the morning when she sees it
[quoted image][quoted image]

Haha. Trents chops are amazing.

#270 6 months ago
Quoted from zeagle:

I sure hope they start making premiums soon...I'm too impatient to wait any longer!

Haha. Just a FYI. Usually takes a couple months for premiums. So mid August I bet.

#280 6 months ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

thats the main thing keeping me from buying these. Also I do play with the lights on(dimmer so lowish). I know Im wierd.

I’m a lights on player too.

#282 6 months ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

ok its not just me. I just cant track the ball well in a dark area and Im young with good eyesite.

Same. If we are having a party and it’s late night I might turn them off cause they do look cool in the dark, but I can’t track shit playing pinball with the room lighting off.

#285 6 months ago

Contrast is my worst one too. I want to shake my fist angrily at whomever at data East thought it was a good idea to use all the GO to flash all the time in their DMD games. HATE IT.

#320 6 months ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

Anyone into custom toppers? [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Wow. Great work.

#328 6 months ago

That’s dedication right there!

#346 6 months ago

It is strange. Just get what cha want. No need to justify it in any way. These are all stupid financial decisions. Haha

#385 6 months ago
Quoted from PinballZach:

What does spelling LAIR & APRIL do again? And how do you start/light Episodes on the Pro Model?

https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/TMNT-Rulesheet.pdf

#398 6 months ago
Quoted from Potatoloco:

I just got my LE and will set it up tonight and test it out a bit.
I've played 30 or so games on the pro. Admittedly I've given up on that shot for the most part. It's really clunky imo. Rest of the shots are like butter. Everything else I'll hit 8 out of 10 times. But that LAIR shot, I'm probably legit working at a 2 out of 10 pace, with the ball going in and popping back out. Still not sure if it's a reflection of how the pin is set up or if that's just how it's going to be with the geometry of the pin or if I'm just randomly a terrible player with that shot.

Drop the flipper to help it in there. Still hard, but less frustrating.

#439 6 months ago
Quoted from cleanandlevel:

not even a peep from automated services... do other distributors go out faster because they're closer with Stern? thinking about changing distributors..

I believe it’s a seniority system. The top distros get the most from each run. If they pass on the opportunity it goes to the next distro down the totem pole.

Tilt Amusements is at or near the top so if you want one early I would try him next time.

#445 6 months ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

is it wierd that Im just as excited to see the difference HD glass makes on pins as I am to get my TMNT? Sounds like folks here say Im going to have to upgrade my other Pins after seeing it.

Haha. It’s really not that big a difference. Nice to have though.

#447 6 months ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

nope, this depents on your ambient lighting, so you cant generalize it.
for me it improoves the look of the PF for about 30-40%. If you play in a dark room, not so much.

All the lights are on in my basement when I play. You can definitely tell, but unless I buy another LE, I’ll never buy a sheet of this glass. Way too expensive.

For instance. You would think if it’s so good with glare that it would completely eliminate the glare from speaker lights. Doesn’t even come close.

#527 6 months ago

That stream was great! Can’t wait to get time on a premium or LE.

#555 6 months ago
Quoted from Bingovit:

Have been playing turtles for a few games now...
I can't seem to figure out how I can relight any of the two main multiballs?
Anybody have a clue how to relight turtle power or pizza multiball?

Play team up for turtle power i think, And the pizza one you need to play the pizza eating mode

#558 6 months ago

I think you just need to practice your timing of the flipper drop. It’s definitely different than ST and takes practice.

I’m sure some drop dead foam back there will help straight shots where you miss time the flipper drop though.

#562 6 months ago
Quoted from Gtrefraction:

What other game requires a timed flipper drop?

I’m glad this game isn’t like other games. I found every other shot in this game within the first ball. Took me most of the first game to get better at the lair shot, but it’s more than doable.

#732 6 months ago
Quoted from delt31:

So I'm starting to see people trying to flip their LE. Are we really there? Could have sworn there are still some left if you look around

Started weeks ago. Standard for popular sterns.

#734 6 months ago
Quoted from jkashani:

Is this a popular Stern already?

Yes. Haha

#738 6 months ago
Quoted from delt31:

Haven't seen an LE flip unless you're a fool for any recent Stern's. Last I can remember maybe iron maiden but def GB. It's been awhile.

Maiden theme sucks that’s why. No rush to get the top dog. GB was the last big time theme that blew everyone away from looks alone. That’s the recipe for flipped LEs.

#742 6 months ago
Quoted from delt31:

Yes - those people were fools. They paid for no reason. I can understand overpaying for TBL, Rick and morty etc....games you CANT get.
JP2 LE was available way after it was released.
Fools.
Buy Buy Buy!

Well to be fair stern LEs that did sell for a premium we’re not available from distros as they were all spoken for. And I agree. The last time that happened was for GB.

#771 6 months ago
Quoted from TheGunnett:

Try pressing the button on the side of the cabinet that tells the machine the door is closed and those errors should go away when you go back into the menu

Interlock switch. It’s white. Pull it out. That way you don’t have to hold it in.

Also this error shouldn’t come up either way.

#773 6 months ago
Quoted from J85M:

While we are on the subject of interlocks is there anyway to add one to a spike 2 game that didn’t originally come with one on initials runs but did on later runs?

I don’t think so. I wish they never added them back.

#775 6 months ago
Quoted from Bbru:

Thanks! So these errors don't correlate with with issues I was experiencing with the van diverter?

They probably do. Contact stern to get support. That kickers number that is right on the lock bar receiver under the lockdown bar.

#785 6 months ago
Quoted from vireland:

I wish they added them back right. Cutting power to everything was dumb. What's the point?

Cutting the power to anything is dumb. Work on the game turned off.

#790 6 months ago
Quoted from Coindork:

I think it’s more for location use.
The lid of the coin box is metal.
I.E. if you’re taking it in and out all the time it prevents you from nailing something with the top of the coinbox and shorting the game.

Fair point. Didn’t think of that.

#794 6 months ago
Quoted from vireland:

How do you test switches with the game turned off?

You can’t. How are you at risk getting 50v sent through you testing switches?

#796 6 months ago
Quoted from vireland:

With the non-switched Sterns if you wanted to test the shooter lane switch, you got your fingers slammed by the active auto-launcher.

Why are you testing switches with your fingers?

#802 6 months ago

Make sure it’s not the patented stern replay knocker screech. It’s normal if so. You can turn it off in the settings or buy a physical knocker if you want.

#804 6 months ago
Quoted from protocol_j:

ah, you’re right—disabled, did the trick. I think it’s the fancy speakers making it sound different?

Not that I’ve noticed. Annoying as always.

#822 6 months ago

I’ve always thought it’s the nice powder coated armor.

The cheap feel comes from the lower level armor imo.

GOT premium and pro that I’ve owned feel light and cheap.

AC/DC prem and STH LE feel like tanks.

#827 6 months ago
Quoted from jonebone:

Hey random rookie pin owner question here.
How do I check number of plays on my LE machine? Some way to get it to boot into that menu that displays it on the screen? First time owner so apologize for the rookie question.

Open coin door

Press the black button on the inside of the door.

Pull the white button near the hinge of the door out until it clicks.

Navigate the menus using the flipper buttons using the start button as enter.

Find the audits menu.

Then select standard audits. It will be in there.

#875 6 months ago

Congrats! This has the makings of a great game!!

#879 6 months ago
Quoted from mandelbloom:

Any tips for hitting the training shot ? I can’t hit it to save Life

Drop the flipper at the perfect moment to help it stay in there.

#906 6 months ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Does this mean I cant use the titan super shiny chrome steel pinballs I have ready for my LE? darn. Which balls would you recommend? I was going to put them in my SW LE as well but I guess I cant because of the hyperloop...

That’s correct. Just use the standard shiny ones from Titan.

#908 6 months ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

I used the plain Marco's pinballs which are the only ones that have done well in LOTR and Goldeneye and they are already starting to get magnetized (and right beat up looking as well). That multiball intro seems to really do a number. Going to try Ball Barons carbons next although they haven't stayed unmagnatized well for me in the past but they look the best by far.

I’ve never seen a titan standard pinball get magnetized. Going on 3 years using them now.

#950 6 months ago
Quoted from RikeIsland:

Has anyone streamed a TMNT LE yet?

Yep. Jack dangers reveal stream was on one, spacecitypinball did one last weekend, I’m sure there are others.

#999 6 months ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

Hey Guys just opened a brand new Turtles LE. Game is telling me Node Board 1,8, and 9 are out. When booted game keeps auto plunging a ball. Not able to start a game. Do i need to contact Stern support or my dealer to resolve this

Best to copy both on the inquiry email.

#1049 6 months ago
Quoted from SpidermanDan:

I just noticed the right slingshot is firing every few seconds even when the ball is in the shooter lane. Is that an easy fix just by separating the connectors more? Thanks

Simple switch adjustment. The leaf switch arms are too close together.

#1110 6 months ago
Quoted from Bbru:

Its all well and good but for 9K, should you be expected to take apart a play field 2 days into owning it?

Should we have to? No way. But does it happen with every release from every manufacturer? Unfortunately its more common than not.

#1130 6 months ago

Yep. This is what I mentioned a while back. However, this doesn’t happen with other games I don’t think. Interlock engaged or not. A code update could fix. I know in the past false tech alerts were fixed with code updates.

#1172 6 months ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

where to order these?
NM same site as the full boxy ones. Install easy?

Always an easy install. Make sure to read the instructions. HINT. you Tap power from the power box in the back box. Not the front of the cabinet.

#1215 6 months ago

I was thrilled to play this left outlane. Has an extra post that all but eliminates the Borg bounce. I got a lot of drop catch moonwalks up and out the right inlane though. Never seen that before.

#1217 6 months ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

I hope so. When JD played it on DeadFlip, he got Borg’d a bunch and you could see him cursing the pinball gods.

It’s setup just like tron right side. You don’t get killed all the time on that one either.

And it’s certainly nothing like MET or GOTG, which is good.

#1222 6 months ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

3) Yeah that’s what I was fearing with getting Borg’d.

Should be easy adjustment to stop this. Lean the game a tad to get it to hit the inlane instead of the guide.

#1257 6 months ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

im assuming like other newer games hi scores transfer over without having to manually save?

Correct.

#1304 6 months ago
Quoted from Napoleon:

I like having the Final Battle mode at start. JP did the same thing, but later added a true final wizard mode you had to reach the old fashioned way. We may see something similar added to Turtles.

It’s already in there. Cowabunga multiball right?

#1308 6 months ago
Quoted from Napoleon:

Does that come before or after Final Battle? I haven't reached either yet in normal play.

After. You have to complete like 6-7 tasks and I believe final battle is one of them.

#1350 6 months ago
Quoted from jonebone:

Hey, how do you update the code on these? Sorry for newbie question.

This is at the top of every code revision readme file:

Update instructions:
1 - Download the zip file
2 - Unzip the file, this will create a folder that contains SPK file(s).
3 - Open folder, copy only the file(s) to the root level of a USB stick. Do
not copy the folder.
4 - Power game off
5 - Insert USB stick
6 - Turn on game
7 - After game boots up it will give the option for software update
8 - Volume buttons change options for full or quick update. Enter selects the
option and starts the update.
9 - Once update is completed game will prompt user to power game off and
remove USB stick.

Quoted from jonebone:

Also, I'm not sure what you guys mean about the diverter damaging the game?

They are talked about the diverter on the back wall of the game that diverts balls into the van.

#1420 6 months ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Ok. I am nearly 60 and can see how grainy the photos are. If there is an issue get your friend to talk to their distro. I am sure there will be a good outcome there.

The pic isn’t grainy. The playfield is.

#1452 5 months ago
Quoted from r00DVM:

Is there a way to search within this thread and not all of pinside?!
I’m having a really hard time enjoying my TMNT LE and I’m wondering what pitch you guys who love your game are set at... I started at 6.8 because I tend to like my games a little faster but this game is so fast I’ve started to adjust down and I’m at 6.5 now but still can’t get into it. I want to love this game - help me lol

If you don’t like the game incline isn’t going to help at all.

20C07391-9E78-4B97-BDCA-09AA9839D3A2 (resized).jpeg
#1458 5 months ago

I think he meant the room the game was in was bright.

#1571 5 months ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Not sure how much work the glider gets, but it looks heavy for that servo.

Imagine a location game. That button is active most of the time so players will just sit there and hit it over and over again. It will get lots of work for sure.

#1606 5 months ago

Drop the upper flipper at the perfect moment to trap it in there.

#1612 5 months ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

I agree, so let’s just say issues with clear that chips. Any idea how many stern has failing vs produced?

No one has any clue.

#1614 5 months ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

So how does any know it’s a major issue?

They don’t.

#1829 5 months ago
Quoted from Swoods5688:

Did anybody else have an issue with the balls getting magnetized? After about 25 games i started noticing when i had multiple balls in the pizza shot the plunger would drop to let a ball out and nothing would move because they were stuck together. They were balls that came with the game so i changed them out but in all my sterns with Magnets this was a first for me. Love the game though

I’ve never had issues with Titan Pinball’s standard pinballs at 1.10 a pop. Get those.

#1854 5 months ago

The new gem shot. Put some dead foam back there or drop the upper flipper at the right time to help push it in.

#1877 5 months ago
Quoted from cldgin2:

What do these codes do and how and when do you put them in ?

Attract mode. Use the flippers. It does an Easter eggs animation on the display.

#1892 5 months ago
Quoted from JonCBrand:

Can anyone recommend a source for mylar sheets? Im seeing dimensions/specs all over the board.

Pinrestore

#1909 5 months ago
Quoted from JodyG:

How the hell can you justify rating a game you have never played?

I haven’t rated stranger things yet (code isn’t done) and I’ve played it 1200 times. Haha

#1914 5 months ago
Quoted from jonebone:

Is there an official fix for the turtle diverter hitting the plastic ramp? I've noticed it. I tried to get in there and remove the screws to put in a piece of metal but I can't get at them with a normal screwdriver. Am I missing something?

Search within this thread using the find in topic link up top. You need to tighten a bit that holds that diverter. Lots of posts on it. No modification to the game necessary.

#1934 5 months ago
Quoted from Navystan:

Interesting you say there is no issue other than tightening nut.
First, I have tried to tighten nut and saw no change. I guess I'm not tightening it enough? It seemed to not change, but maybe I haven't tightened long enough. Seems like it's just spinning and not getting tighter.
Second, I put in ticket to Stern and they said their engineering is working on a permanent fix. If this wasn't an issue, would they not have said to just tighten the nut?

Stern doesn’t always find the same results as us. I don’t have the game nor have dealt with this issue, but with my experience with STH, we took the notes stern gave us and improved them to fully fix the issue for good.

And as always there is more than one way to skin a cat.

All I know is Ive seen multiple people in this thread fix this issue by making sure that diverter is installed correctly and tightly.

#1945 5 months ago
Quoted from LapsedGamer:

Received my replacement glider assembly from Stern today, hope to up and running again tonight. Hopefully this one lasts longer than ~12 games. I'm thinking I should update to new code before installing as there looks to be update to the glider code in the latest version to maybe prevent / discourage this from happening again. Thoughts?

Always have your game on the most up to date code.

#1956 5 months ago

Looks like they changed the printing too. Older runs have art underneath the post.

#1962 5 months ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Does anyone have any idea whos making Stern Pf's now?

Stern makes the playfields then sends them to various vendors for art and clear.

#2018 5 months ago
Quoted from Bmwdrummer:

Is anyone else having major issues with the 1.11 code? Updated today and several things are very broken. A different turtle shows up than the one you select, it doesn't advance to the next ball, then eventually it thinks the balls are all missing. Is there a way to downgrade?!?

Are you sure you loaded the correct code? ( pro prem/LE?) ?

#2020 5 months ago
Quoted from Bmwdrummer:

In fact that is exactly what I did. Thank you for pointing out my very rookie error.

haha I did this for the first time last year and I’ve been around a while. No sweat it. Funny how it works. I’ve seen others mistaken load the wrong game onto a completely different game.

#2023 5 months ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Got my pro today. Not quite sure what I’m doing, but are multiballs supposed to be easy to start? They seem to start pretty quick at times. I don’t see points being awarded so I don’t think I have any phantom switch/opto hits.

One is after a few right ramps (less if Donny). The other is also easy to start at the van. Not sure how to light locks.

#2039 5 months ago

Can’t you use the diverter anytime you want on the LE?

#2047 5 months ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Not anytime. I believe when the button is purple you can use it

Isn’t it lit at almost all times? I feel like the couple times I played it move pretty much any time I hit it.

#2163 5 months ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

I repositioned the bottom post of the left sling shot because it has some play but it didn't help. Any ideas?

The way they have positioned the slings on some of their newer games makes it way harder to post pass. I recommend an alley pass from left to right. Or a tap pass if you’re a god. Haha

3EE247FC-5C4D-4EF5-859B-204F49717A7E.gif5382177F-5E02-47CC-8960-967164FE2509.gif
#2242 5 months ago
Quoted from Waxx:

I don’t think it makes sense. Mine was assembled 8/5 and has great art. That would mean it was an original PF from months ago that was just now used. I think they are making some in house and some are being made by a 3rd party.
Crazy speculation would be they print ones in house which let them make changes immediately but at a lower quality. 3rd party takes longer to change or they have to meet an ordered amount.

They make the playfields in house. All of them. Zero art or clear is applied. They send all the playfields out to a few different vendors who apply the art and clear.

#2248 5 months ago
Quoted from Pinballnewb01:

What do you mean with flipper code?

- Added some Easter Eggs. To do a basic Easter Egg you hold in both flippers during attract mode
then you enter a sequence of numbers/letters. To enter one
number/letter you hit the left flipper button X times counting as you
go. When you reach the number/letter you need stop and hit the right
flipper button once. When you are all done you need to hit the right
button one more time. For example to enter code 3 3 3 (or C C C) you
would hold in both flippers then LLL R LLL R LLL R R.

#2286 5 months ago

This is what my STH playfield looks like. Even worse!

D4B15717-105F-4273-94D8-805A6038FB70 (resized).jpeg
#2393 5 months ago
Quoted from JonCBrand:

The keyless lock from pinballlife is a cheap $5 alternative to external volume control. Slightly more work to adjust volume, obviously not a good choice with young children.
[quoted image]

Disable the interlock switch too so you can do this mid game without losing the flippers.

#2396 5 months ago
Quoted from mcvetyty:

Oh man! Did not realize this was a possibility - is that a setting in utility? Or do you need to adjust wiring?

Just put a flipper rubber over it. Haha

image (resized).jpg

#2529 5 months ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

So you are saying the shots feel satisfying and rewarding to you?

Absolutely. One of the best shooting games I’ve ever played. Right up there with JP.

#2658 5 months ago
Quoted from MadPole:

We picked her premium yesterday.
Great big shout out to Zach and Nicole at Flip N Out!
[quoted image]

Congrats Jeff and Jesse! Hope all is well!

#2758 5 months ago
Quoted from RetroGamerJP:

Interesting, I wasn't seeing it under the coil test... you can test the spinner magnet from coil test menu but didn't see the motor test. I know TRON has it in the diagnostics menu where you could test without having to play game.

Go to the feature diagnostics. It’s probably there. Should have a turtles symbol on it be be right next to the standard diagnostics.

Also, you don’t have to have the coin door shut. Just make sure and pull out the white interlock switch so it clicks. That will act like the door is shut.

#2762 5 months ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Unfortunately there isn't anything in there for the pizza spinner. The best way to test it is start a multiball.
Rob

Weird.

#2766 5 months ago

Has more to do with the position of the slings relative to the flippers.

#2928 4 months ago
Quoted from kh39540:

I am correct in the assumption that the quick update retains your settings and high scores and the full update wipes everything out?

Neither wipes everything out I believe. Just do whatever the default is.

#3022 4 months ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

what are the screens above each pin? Is that showing whats going on so people can watch everything? If so thats fucking awesome. How is it done?

Cameras above each game that have hdmi our connections that plug into the TVs above the games.

#3024 4 months ago
Quoted from Zenomorp:

Yup! For leisure and tournament purposes. There is a camera attached to a pole that runs along the ceiling above each game and runs the feed to each 32” screen. Pretty simple.

FYI, you should be able to change the settings on the cameras so you don’t see the menu button and other stuff from the camera screen.

#3069 4 months ago

Have his other discs had the ability to spin both ways? If not, that’s new here. Agree it’s an awesome way to start MB.

#3078 4 months ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Don’t really understand the benefit of the 2 way spinning disc? How is it used in the game?

It spins two ways. Think WCS soccer ball. Different pinball action.

#3102 4 months ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

I tried dead flips tactic to hit the lair shot. It’s not easy. I usually get the shot by pure luck. Anyone have a decent strategy for it?

Shoot forehand and time the drop of the upper flipper to keep it in there.

#3125 4 months ago

All I can say is there is no UV light in those. It’s just purple. The only UV he makes is the one for stranger things.

#3127 4 months ago

No problem at all just commenting that I know he doesn’t use real UV in the main product. Not sure why he calls it that. Only creates confusion.

#3167 4 months ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Havent had an airball issue. Just shot not giving me credit sometimes.

If that’s at the point where the opto is it will help keep the ball down and register the opto.

It sounds like on fast shots you ball is jumping the opto. Need to find a way to keep the ball down at that point.

#3358 4 months ago
Quoted from epichoff:

Did anyone ever get to cowabunga yet?

I know of at least one person that has.

#3369 4 months ago

He meant a new card. Let get a different class 10 SD card and put the code on that.

#3500 4 months ago
Quoted from Keylime:

My glider is acting up. Twitching/fidgeting while the game is on and during game. Using the action button it switches sides properly but still fidgets in place. No other issues. I've emailed stern and gotten one response which was a question. I promptly replied and havent heard anything back in several days now. What are my options? How do i fix?

Keep emailing stern every day until they respond.

2 weeks later
#3937 3 months ago
Quoted from plasticbugs:

I am a rookie and will soon be replacing my flipper rubbers with Titans. Any tips for ensuring that I don't break anything?

Nope. It’s easy. Just take your time.

1 week later
#4067 3 months ago
Quoted from StarWarsTurtles:

I bought the Titan standard balls

I’d be interested to hear how it goes, I’ve never had an issue with them. I’ve been using them in XMEN LE, Stanger Things, WCS and never had an issue.

#4102 3 months ago
Quoted from BrotherSir:

I'm planning to put speaker lights in my pro. Any recommendations on them, or are they all pretty much the same?

www.speakerlightkits.com

#4104 3 months ago

Deluxe fan here too. I never liked lighting up the whole speaker box, so I’m glad he came up with these.

#4108 3 months ago
Quoted from T-800:

My balls are getting stuck occasionally in the pizza parlor too. I increased the pitch on my game and it helped, but it isnt 100% . My pinballs are magnetized too. Anyone know if there is a good way to de-magnetize them? The path in the pizza parlor is pretty tight, not sure if a plastic spacer to keep the balls off the metal guides will fit.

Have you used the Titan standard shiny balls? I have yet to hear a report of those becoming magnetized in any game.

#4114 3 months ago
Quoted from T-800:

Thanks, but Chuck doesn't need to show me his balls. :p
Anyone have a good link to Titans balls?!

https://www.titanpinball.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=69

#4129 3 months ago

Haven’t tried these in years but here’s some:

https://www.pinballlife.com/1-116-pinball-standard-size.html

Or these if you like paying $3 a ball haha.

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/PB116

PBR might sell them as well.

#4131 3 months ago

Well this convo started because the ball baron balls appear to become magnetized no matter which type you go with.

1 week later
#4243 3 months ago

Or just change it from auto to 2.

1 week later
#4471 82 days ago

Email stern and copy your distro every day until they respond. Takes some time to get the communication going, but I’ve found once it starts I usually get a quick resolution.

1 week later
#4755 72 days ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Noticed something weird today. Not sure if it’s intended. I was having a really great turtle power multiball when pizza eating comp was made ready. Suddenly the music changes and all MB music and call outs are replaced by the pizza eating challenge music. Wondering if this challenge should wait and not interrupt the MB or is this intended so that the button mashing can happen whilst multiball is happening?

Pretty sure that’s intended. I’ve had it happen many times.

#4815 69 days ago
Quoted from acons017:

Looks like that’s one of my issues. The rod is touching the ball and also with the rod pulled out, the autolaucher is still shooting short... so looks like I have 2 things to fix. How should I go about getting the rod to sit away from the ball?

Adjust the auto launch arms so they are centered on the middle of the ball. If done right, they should push the ball away from the manual plunger. Also make sure the plunger rubber tip is all the way on.

#4894 64 days ago
Quoted from rcb5588:

Has anyone received anything from Stern in regards to their grainy playfield? My distributor told me two months ago that they spoke with Stern, and Stern agreed that I would get a new (unpopulated, obviously) playfield sent to me. I took that news from my distributor as a grain of salt and put it in the back of my head. Just realized today that it's been over two months and didn't hear anything from Stern or my distributor.
Curious if anyone else has any other experience or success with this?
My game plays fine, and this is 100% strictly a principle matter.

You’ll hear nothing. It will just show up one day.

#4970 58 days ago
Quoted from BaxterStockman:

What brand of balls do people recommend?

Titan pinball.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
$ 5,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Oceanside, CA

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chuckwurt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside