(Topic ID: 271489)

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Club(Stern 2020): Cowabunga! It’s Pizza Time!

By Tuxedomask23

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11,954 posts
  • 822 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 31 hours ago by Rampmaster
  • Topic is favorited by 334 Pinsiders

You

Topic poll

“Which model are you going to purchase”

• Pro 285 votes
    50%
  • Premium 166 votes
    29%
  • LE 119 votes
    21%

(570 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3566 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240316_051625591 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240316_034508453 (resized).jpg
IMG_3277 (resized).JPG
20240308_213544 (resized).jpg
20240308_211320 (resized).jpg
20240308_211805 (resized).jpg
20240215_093714 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
1EB20A79-521C-4BEB-AAA6-F2E7D64EE9D1 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5494 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5493 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5492 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1141 TMNT fresh out-of-the-box Issues and Fixes FAQ Posted by Stosel (3 years ago)

Post #1580 Lights rebooting on the back of the machine - FIX Posted by HookedonPinonics (3 years ago)

Post #2172 playfirlo colour differences Posted by Phatchit (3 years ago)

Post #2390 Left Outlane Fix Posted by NoQuarters (3 years ago)

Post #2457 DIY Krang Mod Instructions Posted by ABE_FLIPS (3 years ago)

Post #4037 Glider Servo DIY replacement Posted by PinHead50 (3 years ago)

Post #4120 Link to Amazon product page for replacement servo for glider Posted by PinHead50 (3 years ago)

Post #4327 Sloppy soldering at factory causing overvoltage error - fix Posted by Blackzarak (3 years ago)

Post #4374 Replacing bad glider servo with amazon better one Posted by arcadenerd925 (3 years ago)

Post #4698 Center Ramp non-registering opto fix Posted by spidey (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider brainiac.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6990 2 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

Not sure how deep you wanna go with learning the rules but there is a detailed rule sheet here: http://tiltforums.com/t/stern-tmnt-rulesheet/6599

Thanks for this info. New owner and slowly getting better, scratching the surface of this game. We chose this couple months back over JP Pro after playing
them side by side for awhile.
Wife just annihilated my Don score.

#7027 2 years ago
Quoted from Walk:

Any solid "how-to" videos for a first timer? I've got a Turtles pin delivering at the end of the month! It's my first pin and I'm freakin stoked!

Good question. Turtles was our first pin couple months ago. It's great to have at home; sometimes brutal, but nearly always fun (except that left outlane which can go to hell).

#7046 2 years ago

Added some Kenwood speakers and Doug's Speaker lights to my Pro. Also, turned down the slingshot bumper power--a lot less bounces directly to the outlanes...and my wife can notice as she has higher scores that I can't get near now.

TMNT (resized).jpgTMNT (resized).jpg
#7051 2 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

Don't know if anyone else experiences this issue, but a quick code fix could help immensely if I'm not the only one.
If the LAIR post is up, it will allow a ball to slowly return to the left inlane once it detects the ball and lowers. However, when in a scenario where it has the post down, it can hum through there, hit the rail between the two inlanes (because it had a higher exit velocity out of the LAIR) and bounce into the outlane. My game seems to be set up perfectly, so I think a quick code fix would be a condition where the LAIR post is down and the LAIR switch is hit, left outlane ball save for 2 seconds is lit. The issue in question happened twice last night and really irked me. Anyone else?

happens a lot. at least 50% of the LAIR releases. I have to expect to nudge it when it comes out.

Quoted from Thomas3184:

There is a setting for lair ball save you can set it to 2 seconds.

I changed this setting, too. does the ball save marker light up for those 2 seconds? (I didn't see it)

1 week later
#7107 2 years ago

As a newbie (few months), I find a lot of fun with TMNT. It is challenging, though. The speed of the game and trying to make shots on the fly make me realize that the years are past when I was really good on Call of Duty (i.e., reaction speed is not there like it used to be), and sometimes it makes me sad. Being a newbie, I'm glad the MBs are 'easy' to obtain, but I agree without the MBs, scoring stays low with episodes. 123 foot seems to happen way too much and I don't notice it having a good score payoff. The left outlane has twice as many drains as the right. And if I don't sink a shot, high chance it will drain stdm.
I like the theme, and so do my kids. The co-op modes, and the variety of modes, is a welcomed addition for our family (we have 4 kids).
I plan on increasing the ball plays per game, and probably narrow up the left outlane entrance. I have way more games on DP, and find myself enjoying shooting it more due to less frustration (DP games are longer, TMNT games are shorter, sometimes embarrassingly so).
Just a newbie comment to see how it compares to the vets.

7 months later
#8398 2 years ago
Quoted from big-c66:

I got to put some major time on tmnt n Deadpool this weekend in gatlinburgh Tennessee both are great now I’ve got to decide which one to get. Grandkids said turtles papa decisions decisions lol

After playing both at home the past year, I realize I like DP more. My kids like both, with a bit more leaning toward Turtles.
I like DP because it feels like I'm always shooting for something and I like "simpler" goals. And sometimes Turtles goes so fast my middle-aged reflexes are like WTF!?

4 months later
#9146 1 year ago

I've had the balls hit the glass before from that ramp.

6 months later
#10252 1 year ago

Pizza disc sometimes sounds rough when spinning. Needs oil? And any specific type?

#10254 1 year ago

Thank you. After some failed searches I came across this. Family keeps moving my little bottles of oil now it’s a scavenger hunt! Thanks again!

2 months later
#10654 11 months ago

3 in 1 oil worked great for my noisy pizza disc. couple drops and it's now silent as can be.

6 months later
#11228 5 months ago

TMNT was my first pin. It was fun. Family and kids loved it. I love it, too! As I got more experience with pinball, I realized TMNT is a lot of challenge. I think it is a great first pin.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider brainiac.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-club2020-cowabunga-its-pizza-time?tu=brainiac and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.