(Topic ID: 271489)

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Club(Stern 2020): Cowabunga! It’s Pizza Time!

By Tuxedomask23

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11,954 posts
  • 822 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 34 hours ago by Rampmaster
  • Topic is favorited by 334 Pinsiders

You

Topic poll

“Which model are you going to purchase”

• Pro 285 votes
    50%
  • Premium 166 votes
    29%
  • LE 119 votes
    21%

(570 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3566 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240316_051625591 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240316_034508453 (resized).jpg
IMG_3277 (resized).JPG
20240308_213544 (resized).jpg
20240308_211320 (resized).jpg
20240308_211805 (resized).jpg
20240215_093714 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
1EB20A79-521C-4BEB-AAA6-F2E7D64EE9D1 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5494 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5493 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5492 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1141 TMNT fresh out-of-the-box Issues and Fixes FAQ Posted by Stosel (3 years ago)

Post #1580 Lights rebooting on the back of the machine - FIX Posted by HookedonPinonics (3 years ago)

Post #2172 playfirlo colour differences Posted by Phatchit (3 years ago)

Post #2390 Left Outlane Fix Posted by NoQuarters (3 years ago)

Post #2457 DIY Krang Mod Instructions Posted by ABE_FLIPS (3 years ago)

Post #4037 Glider Servo DIY replacement Posted by PinHead50 (3 years ago)

Post #4120 Link to Amazon product page for replacement servo for glider Posted by PinHead50 (3 years ago)

Post #4327 Sloppy soldering at factory causing overvoltage error - fix Posted by Blackzarak (3 years ago)

Post #4374 Replacing bad glider servo with amazon better one Posted by arcadenerd925 (3 years ago)

Post #4698 Center Ramp non-registering opto fix Posted by spidey (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bigguybbr.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6426 2 years ago

I’ve been loving this pin (pro model) since I got it last week, but now I’m waiting on a part. Stern support was great and is sending me a new right wire form to replace the one I have where the ball is getting stuck. Until then I have to cross my fingers that any center ramp shots magically rattle free.

32575CD3-94CE-4456-8E97-DB6C4110069A (resized).jpeg32575CD3-94CE-4456-8E97-DB6C4110069A (resized).jpeg54126391-6EEE-4A51-9CCF-029F3A099DF0 (resized).jpeg54126391-6EEE-4A51-9CCF-029F3A099DF0 (resized).jpegF657C01D-9A84-47F4-94BB-4B9174B990CD (resized).jpegF657C01D-9A84-47F4-94BB-4B9174B990CD (resized).jpeg

#6429 2 years ago
Quoted from bossk4hire:

Can't grind it down with a drimmel?

I could, but it won’t be plated there after and will eventually rust unless I have it replated

5 months later
#7396 2 years ago
Quoted from billrz:

3600 plays on my le and my glider motor went out . Sucks, it’s not totally dead,but it doesn’t work , glass off, if I nudge it to the right it activates but stays on the right . It’s done, what’s the servo motor on Amazon everyone got ? And is it easy to swap out ?? Thanks in advance

It’s one of the stickies on the first page

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-club2020-cowabunga-its-pizza-time/page/83#post-5902494

#7397 2 years ago
Quoted from DentalDude88:

Anyone know a good connection point for some gator clamps for a trough LED light? Preferably near the coin door...thanks!

Don’t you usually you tie in a trough light into a near by GI light, like under one of the slings?

#7400 2 years ago
Quoted from jtportland:

Wanted to share a cool turtle flying a glider in my TMNT Pro.
Glider mod from Mezel Mods. Leonardo is from an eBay listing of 6 piece TMNT set.
[quoted image][quoted image]

I like the mezel mods glider, but I'm not really sold on that turtle fig. The scale is off and I think it might look better without it. I'm glad you like it though!

1 week later
#7503 2 years ago
Quoted from PinHead50:

Anyone else see that the new QR reader might be able to block game mods such as the 1987 graphics after its hooked up to the net.... That would suck

I suspect that they will use the wi-fi connection as a possible deterrent for home brew mods. I know the threat is out there that they could brick a game.

#7511 2 years ago

Got in some new flasher domes. Was surprised how easy the tabs come off with just flush cutters. Definitely easier on the eyes.
image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

This didn’t help me through team up where my game almost always falls apart lol

7BF47852-1162-47B9-A567-0D76C34A1439 (resized).jpeg7BF47852-1162-47B9-A567-0D76C34A1439 (resized).jpeg
#7513 2 years ago
Quoted from Mahoyvan:

Noticed I’m running code 1.23, and there’s 1.4 something available. Am i safe to update? Any big issues with the latest code?

Haven’t had issues with the latest code on my pro. It even includes some extras like half shell challenge

#7534 2 years ago
Quoted from s000m:

No, sorry think you misunderstood. This is happening during play after plunge.
Ball is resting on right flipper and I shoot for left orbit and it never makes the orbit and bashes and rattles half way up.[quoted image]

That's normal. There is a post up there. I use it all the time to set up from the right flipper, up the left orbit to feed down to the upper flipper for a center ramp shot.

#7571 2 years ago
Quoted from Norcalpin:

This game is fairly difficult, not much to do about it. On the bright side, if you master this table you should be able to kick ass on just about anything else you play. I've been stuck in the 15-25 million range which is pretty lame, but that's just my skill level. It's not the flipper power, incline, wax, rubbers, etc. I simply can't make the critical shots when I need to. I Just have to get better...

If you (or your family) find it too difficult you can always switch over to 5 ball while practicing. It will give you more chances to get deeper into modes and develop your skills. It certainly helps to lower the frustration level.

#7582 2 years ago
Quoted from BaxterStockman:

I've got over 1K games and a bunch of mods on my Pro. No memory of a single crash.
Definitely one of those hard to trace issues and I feel bad for the people that it is affecting.

I'm around 800 games on my Pro and haven't had any crashes.

I did have one instance of it trying to boot where it hung for a couple of minutes, then rebooted itself and worked fine ever since.

#7616 2 years ago
Quoted from Jerickso77:

Anyone with a Pro turn their van so it points down?

I’d be interested in seeing what that looks like

1 week later
#7656 2 years ago
Quoted from Jerickso77:

Joined the club![quoted image]

Congrats and welcome

#7662 2 years ago
Quoted from Glockshots:

Has anyone installed one of these led backbox lighting kits? Is it worth it? I’m thinking of getting the deluxe..
[quoted image]

I haven't. I actually turn the back box light way down during the game so there is even less reflection on the glass.

#7683 2 years ago

I've played close to a 1000 games on my TMNT Pro, and have never needed to demagnetize the balls

1 week later
#7763 2 years ago
Quoted from Audioenslaved:

I’m not sure if one of the leds is gone or if the colour is correct but every now and then the Donatello insert is orange st the start of a mode instead of yellow. If I remember correctly it’s during the ray mode (where you have to hit ramps then lair) and another mode too. I probably should’ve written it down or poster not long after it happens… but does anyone else experience this? I think it’s correct being orange but I thought all inserts were yellow

Are you playing Michelangelo at the time? Might be his weapon power ups are lit.

#7788 2 years ago
Quoted from DaveTheTrain:

What are the domes that have the leds behind on the training plastics? I am considering changing them to red as the white is so bright

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/03-8662-9

You just need to clip off one of the tabs. Works like a charm. $1.25

#7791 2 years ago

What are the domes that have the leds behind on the training plastics? I am considering changing them to red as the white is so bright

I actually made a post on this a couple of weeks ago

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-club2020-cowabunga-its-pizza-time/page/151#post-6542760

1 week later
#7899 2 years ago
Quoted from Charles_Kline:

Agreed, adding or removing zeros from the score doesn't change how fun it is. Its about getting a higher score than your last score.

While I would normally agree that adding zeros wouldn't make it better, I have a funny story to share.

My nephews visited me late in the summer for the first time since Covid started. While here, they both played the heck out of Turtles every day. One day for fun, I brought them out to the Replay Museum in Tarpon Springs, a big free play arcade with a lot of pinball machines. My 9 year old nephew who is new to pinball naturally thought all games scored like Turtles. For his first game, he stepped up to Black Knight SOR and got a score in the 30 million range. He thought he was the best player in the world after that, and was telling anyone who would listen. There wasn't a Turtles on location there for him to compare, so he just thought the arcade was a magical place where he kicked butt. It was awesome.

Screenshot 2021-12-01 162825 (resized).pngScreenshot 2021-12-01 162825 (resized).png
#7916 2 years ago
Quoted from drinklime:

i've found it strange that people complain about the scoring in TMNT but never complain about the scoring in TNA

It is probably because there are far fewer of them out in the wild, and they are at a higher price point than a TMNT Pro

#7922 2 years ago
Quoted from DentalDude88:

Never changed batteries before. Anyone know of a good tutorial with pictures? I tried a search but it was all super specific in-depth issues.

I think it is a CR2032 coin battery on Spike 2 CPUs. Probably only needs to be swapped every 5-10 years. You likely don't need to yet.

If you take off your translight you should see it in the center of your CPU board. The complete swap probably only takes less than a minute, which is probably why there isn't an in depth guide.

1 week later
#7997 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

If you level up all the turtles permanently then it pretty much makes the training area useless which isn't cool.

You would still need the lair shot for super jack pots on TPMB and NPMB, Leo's skill shot, and a possible shot for some of the modes.

For anyone who has IC, if it carries over a max training level, does it still have you play through the training level hurry ups just for points?

#8001 2 years ago

Turtle Power MB seems to be worth next to nothing, except for running it with a mode is there any points to be had?

See this post by Bowen

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/explain-like-i-m-five-score-high-in-tmnt

#8004 2 years ago

I don't see turtle power multiball mentioned in that post

My mistake. That post goes over Ninja Pizza Multiball. TPMB is only useful when brought into a mission. Another example of where the scoring needs to be overhauled.

#8008 2 years ago
Quoted from Jerickso77:

I think that's the point of turtle power multiball. Otherwise, Donnie would be overpowered. As it is he gets the easy multiball but you can't take it into a mode.

I think if you get the 1-2-3 it bypasses TPMB so you can get into a mode with Donatello before getting TPMB.

#8029 2 years ago
Quoted from System-J:

I think once the code gets completed (1.5 is feeling pretty good, but hopefully we get a surprise like gotg or kiss), and it gets used in some big tournaments it'll get some serious love.
My only gripe right now is that I'm playing it so much I can't scrap the theme song out of my brain. Even with turning off the 'licenced theme's, thank jebas it has that at least.
Edit/add-on: Does anyone know how many pro units Stern turned out? My s/n is in the early 9000's and I'm the third owner so I'm assuming this wasn't at the end of production.

Have they finished production?

#8033 2 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Has anyone powdercoated the machine purple yet ?

Cary Hardy did a color comparison video on it a while ago.

2 weeks later
#8126 2 years ago

Here you go: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1295-gotfrogs/05569-stern-insider-connected-qr-code-reader-coin-door-mount
That seller also has different ones if you own the volume nob/headphone jack by stern and pinball life. Has me super pumped that I don't lose out on those too.

So if I'm reading this correct it is just if you don't want IC on your apron? Why wouldn't you? Is it just an aesthetics thing?

No judgement, just curious.

#8130 2 years ago

I just don't like the look of the big scanner and distracting red sticker. It just feels so ugly and out of place. TMNT is a beautiful game.
Compared with the actual game art you'd be missing out on.
And for a personal game. I know what the QR scanner is for. I don't need it plastered all over it to let me know what to do.
Maybe for some location games that is fine. But not my personal game. [quoted image][quoted image]

That sounds like an opportunity for a secondary market to make apron skins to cover some of the IC branding.

#8135 2 years ago
Quoted from wxforecaster:

Recently got a TMNT Pro in trade from a friend. Really liking it, but it seems that about a 1/3 of the time (a LOT), a shot to the lair to start training (or other post up feature), comes out and ends up hitting the top of the lane guide between the two inlanes, and bouncing out the left outlane. So aggravating. Is there a fix for this? Crazy to get that kind of speed and backspin coming from a dead stop.

There is a Lair ball save timer in settings

3 weeks later
#8270 2 years ago
Quoted from Doozer:

Has anyone come across replacement decals for the TMNT apron? I'm specifically looking to replace the left sided one nearest the playfield that has Raph and Donatello on it.

Just reach out to a distributor and they can order it

4 months later
#9104 1 year ago
Quoted from Drussksu:

How many balls are you supposed to get in. Ninja pizza multi ball? My machine only lets me play the three balls stored in the lock next to the van. But I’m watching some people play on YouTube and it looks like they are getting more balls then just the three.

Check your rule sheet. Toppings change a number of things in NPMB including how many balls you get

1 month later
#9178 1 year ago
Quoted from hiker2099:

Can anyone point me in the direction of a NIB TMNT Pro from a distributor?

The guy who I traded my old HUO pro is selling it locally, but also has it up for trades
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-pro-77

2 months later
#9572 1 year ago
Quoted from qbass187:

Hey guys,
Just got my TMNT last week and I'm having an issue with some weird behaviour.
It's happened a few times so it's not a fluke; when the game goes into TP multiball and is played for any length of time and all the balls are drained the game acts like there is still one ball in play even though there isn't. after a bit it goes into ballsearch and dumps out the 3 captive balls in the van and launches new balls into the van. I can play the balls that are dumped from the van but it continues to think there is 1 more ball than is actually there so every time all the balls drain the turn won't end (Because it thinks there's a ball stuck somewhere or still in play) and the whole thing starts again.
Has anyone else experienced this? I assume it's either a switch or an opto that isn't registering but I'm not sure where to start looking.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

Check the trough optos
-go into diagnostics switch test
-manually eject all balls and verify all the trough optos show open on the test
-load then back in one at a time and verify it sees all of them
-clean any optos that aren’t working with compressed air and/or a qtip with isopropyl alcohol

#9576 1 year ago
Quoted from Sonikthehedgehog:

Well… putting new rubbers on and accidentally dropped a ramp on the playfield. Now I have a big gouge in my playfield art and it’s definitely in the most noticeable area. Anyone have any suggestions on how to go about repairing this? I’m assuming I’m SOL as this is definitely out of my wheel house.[quoted image]

It's not in a very noticeable area so I wouldn't worry too much about it.

You could go crazy and touch it up and re-clear the playfield, but I think that is overkill. vid1900 has a whole playfield repair thread where it might be good if you want to try to color match that small area and then spot clear just that nick. You could post this on there and see if anyone has any advice.

You could also just put a small bit of mylar over the defect so that the ball never grabs on the edge of the paint chip and make it worse.

#9581 1 year ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

I'd start by getting some matching pink/fuchsia acrylic paint and then I'd try to get some matching acrylic brown or whatever colors that is on the manhole cover.

I personally would advise against trying to touch up the manhole cover since it is a lit insert. Anything you do to that is going to show up when back lit

That is just my 2 cents though. Your mileage may vary.

4 months later
#10471 1 year ago
Quoted from fstfish66:

question,,,,any one have any experience using voo doo glass or what any other brand of non glare glass ??? TMNT PREMINUM the glider is hard to see due to glare thanks

Have you tried turning down the back box illumination during game play? I set mine at 20% during game play and it makes a big difference reducing glare.

I also have the brightness turned down to 35% in attract mode after following another pinsiders lead who looked at it with a thermal imaging camera and noticed a potential heat issue. Turning it down keeps the CPU board a lot cooler.

#10512 1 year ago

"Inspiration" in a copyright suite would be considered as a derivative work and labeled as plagiarism. The original work was the basis of the derivative work in part or in whole.

8 months later
#11432 4 months ago
Quoted from jrcmlc:

Well, as expected, Stern told me to pound sand on doing anything about the scratch that was behind the red sticker. The first thing they told me to do was contact my distributor so that I can buy an entire new part, then after I explained that I didn't create this scratch they went on to tell me about how my machine that was purchased 12 days ago is way out of warranty and even if it wasn't they basically don't care so that all went exactly as expected and certainly we shouldn't hope for anything more LOL

I kind get where they are coming from not replacing it, but it should be a really easy touch up. I would use a acrylic paint pen (or sharpie if that is all you have) and give it a quick wipe with your finger right after. It'll help it be less noticeable.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bigguybbr.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-club2020-cowabunga-its-pizza-time?tu=bigguybbr and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.