(Topic ID: 271489)

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Club(Stern 2020): Cowabunga! It’s Pizza Time!

By Tuxedomask23

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,057 posts
  • 829 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 hours ago by arcadem
  • Topic is favorited by 335 Pinsiders

You

Topic poll

“Which model are you going to purchase”

• Pro 285 votes
    50%
  • Premium 167 votes
    29%
  • LE 120 votes
    21%

(572 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20240423-005247 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240423-005259 (resized).png
20240415_084026 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image.png
PXL_20240413_183258513.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_3649 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3648 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5713 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5712 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8262 (resized).jpeg
20240406_124621 (resized).jpg
SystemJPinball.ca_1_TMNT-MenuCard-PremLE-Mean1.1_example-3 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1141 TMNT fresh out-of-the-box Issues and Fixes FAQ Posted by Stosel (3 years ago)

Post #1580 Lights rebooting on the back of the machine - FIX Posted by HookedonPinonics (3 years ago)

Post #2172 playfirlo colour differences Posted by Phatchit (3 years ago)

Post #2390 Left Outlane Fix Posted by NoQuarters (3 years ago)

Post #2457 DIY Krang Mod Instructions Posted by ABE_FLIPS (3 years ago)

Post #4037 Glider Servo DIY replacement Posted by PinHead50 (3 years ago)

Post #4120 Link to Amazon product page for replacement servo for glider Posted by PinHead50 (3 years ago)

Post #4327 Sloppy soldering at factory causing overvoltage error - fix Posted by Blackzarak (3 years ago)

Post #4374 Replacing bad glider servo with amazon better one Posted by arcadenerd925 (3 years ago)

Post #4698 Center Ramp non-registering opto fix Posted by spidey (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider big-c66.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6653 2 years ago

I’m really thinking about pulling the trigger on the premium but the pro sounds great to I’ve read all these reviews on here just need to do it . I would have guardians of galaxy Munsters premium n tmnt premium would not be to bad for my first 3 pins and all with in 4 months yep I’m going broke

3 months later
#7352 2 years ago

I’ve been following this thread I have played tmnt a few times n like it I want to get one more pin before stock is gone and have to pay more for one I’m on the fence with tmnt or Elvira or Deadpool my question is is there a lot of problems with tmnt or just common issues.

5 months later
#8367 2 years ago

I got to put some major time on tmnt n Deadpool this weekend in gatlinburgh Tennessee both are great now I’ve got to decide which one to get. Grandkids said turtles papa decisions decisions lol

1 week later
#8393 2 years ago

Alright looks like I’m getting a tmnt now I’ve only got to play a limited edition. Is the pro the way to go and don’t worry about trying to get a premium which will cost me 2000$ more. What is everyone opinion.

#8423 2 years ago

Well I pulled the trigger and bought me a new tmnt pro they are shipping Monday. I’m excited to get it I’ve done order 500$ worth of mods for it. In a couple weeks I’m ordering pin stadium lights for it man it’s going to be sweet. Now I’ll be waiting for ELVIRA IN DECEMBER if it holds true. Thanks for everyone for answering back to my questions it really help in my decision.

#8435 2 years ago

Alright my new tmnt shipped out today wil be by Friday or Monday. I’m excited to get it n my mods are on their way to can’t wait to play it.

#8454 2 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Both ramps are definitely meant to be backhanded. I backhand both of them all the time. Safest way to shoot them. Backhand LAIR as well. Table set at 6.5 and level side to side.

Man I’ve been reading this whole thread trying to catch up and I am pumped. I just looked at my tracking updates and my new tmnt is in ATLANTA N WILL BE HERE at my house Monday. I’ve got Munsters premium n guardians of galaxy n now tmnt next is Elvira in December I’m getting there. Lol

#8481 2 years ago

My tmnt is finally at the right fedex building again in Buford Georgia 25 miles from me after being there and then shipped back across country by mistake. Says it will be delivered today 3-24 I hope it’s still in one piece. Lol

#8482 2 years ago

I meant to ask about code updates as far as doing the April n 1987 upgrade what there compatible with. Thanks

#8485 2 years ago

Ok it’s official I’m in the club. Just unpacked my game n I’m pumped. I’ve got about 600$ worth of mods to put on n order my pin stadium lights. She is going to be sweet.

#8486 2 years ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

1987 code is on the latest version released by stern.
I would not use any modified code while on insider connect though.

Ok thanks I didn’t know that. I just unpacked my my game and seen it has 1.23 code on it n does not have insider connect which is fine with me. So I’ll upload the latest code in a little while.

#8487 2 years ago

Hey when I download the new code 1:50 on my scandisk. I open it on my computer to check it n it came up I have to buy something which I’m assuming it’s something to do with insider connect which I don’t have. So will it still upload the new code or what. Thanks

#8489 2 years ago
Quoted from cabal:

when you try to write a complete SD-Image:
in general you do not open the downloaded images. you need to unzip them and you will have a .raw file.
there should not be something to buy when writing the code. You would write the image to a SD-Card (best a new, clean one) with Balena Etcher or win32Diskimager to the SD-Card.
after writing on Windows it may show some driver letters that you can not access after writing the Image to a SD-Card. You just should leave them alone, do not format them or do anything with it.
There is only one drive "Boot Stern" that you may read.
hope this helps a little bit

It downloaded to the sd card fine n I took it out of the computer I didn’t open it. But I clicked on the download on the computer n it said buy something n when I did my Munsters premium new code with insider connect it didn’t have that on there. Kinda strange this did but I’ll find out when I get home n try to install. Lol

#8492 2 years ago

Can anyone tell me what might be going on with the code update. I’ve tried to download 1.50 on 2 different computers so I can put it on my sd drive but it want download off the sight says it’s the file is corrupted can anyone help the big man out. Lol

#8497 2 years ago

I need some help. I just got mine a few days ago it has 1.23 code. I downloaded the new 1.5 code to my computer put my sd thumb drive in and dragged it to install to the thumb drive it says good. I got home put it in the usb on my tmnt flip the switch on n no update. I’ve done it 3 times and nothing. I’ve got Munsters premium and guardians of galaxy both I have updated no problem so what could be going on. Any help would be appreciated so much. Thanks

#8499 2 years ago
Quoted from cabal:

do you have a pro or prem/le?
you try to update the full code on a new SD-Card?
you download this file from the server -> turtles_le-1_50_0.Release.8G.sdcard.raw.zip or turtles_pro-1_50_0.Release.8G.sdcard.raw.zip
then you unzip it to get a this file -> turtles_le-1_50_0.Release.8G.sdcard.raw or turtles_pro-1_50_0.Release.8G.sdcard.raw
you put your SD-Card with an adapter or card slot in the computer.
then you write the file with a software like Balena Etcher or Win32Diskimager to the SD-Card.
After writing your computer may show several drives that you can not access. You would just leave them alone and just remove the usb-card from the computer.
Then you replace the sd-card with the one in the game. If you have an insider connected you may have 2 sd-cards in the game. You would switch with the bigger one, not the mini version.
Then you replace the SD-Card with the new SD-Card.
or do you try to do the Game-Code update that should be done with a usb-stick?
then you would have this file: turtles_pro-1_50_0.spk.zip or turtles_le-1_50_0.spk.zip
you would unzip them and put them on an usb-stick that you stick mainboard.
I have do admit i have never done this, so i can not get into deepter detail.
please give some more information if what i descriped is how you do it? then we can try to help you better.
-> reread everything and i am rethinking, you seem to do the update via game-code/USB.
maybe try another usb stick. Look if it is formated right Fat32, fatext or Fatx. Not NTFS

Hey thanks for helping me. I’ve got a brand new usb stick 16 gigs. My tmnt is a pro so I downloaded the pro version code update from Stern on to my computer. Then I plug my usb into the computer n drag both files over to the usb drive n it downloads no problem. I put my usb stick into the usb service port on the game n turn it on. Everything comes on but says 1.23 version it never try’s to update. I’ve done this same way on my Munsters premium n guardians of galaxy and never had a problem so I’m kinda lost lol.

#8501 2 years ago
Quoted from BaxterStockman:

Have you tried doing a completely fresh install on a different SD card like Cabal suggested?

No I haven’t ever tried to do a code update with the sd card always with the usb stick n never had a problem till now. I’ll get one n try that to. Thanks

#8503 2 years ago
Quoted from cabal:

have you used the same stick for other games?
another test could be to save the highscore and settings to the usb stick. If this works it at least shows the usb was recognized.
the sd-card method is sometimes tricky too, but another way. And you have always a way back to old sd-card if you use a new one for your update.
Hope you get it working.

The first time I used a stick that I used for my Munster premium but I deleted it and then downloaded the code for tmnt but it didn’t work. So I went n bought a new one and tried it but had the same results nothing happened when I turned it on it didn’t recognize the update at all.

#8511 2 years ago

Wow another code update that’s what I’m talking about thanks Dwight n everyone very much appreciate. Maybe I can get it to download to the game right cause I have not had no luck with 1.50 downloading so far lol

#8523 2 years ago

Wanted to say thanks for everyone helping me with trying to get 1.50 code to download. I bought a new usb stick n bam it downloaded perfectly but now they have 1.51 code update I’ve got to do lol. Thanks

#8557 2 years ago

Man it’s 3:30 in the morning and I’m on here reading comments lord help me I’ve got a addiction LOL

#8609 2 years ago
Quoted from cabal:

i haven't seen a commercial version, but you will find in the thread some solutions how people have done it (me included).
There are some people i guess who would go for a commercial version waiting for something like this.

I just ordered a one from MEZEL mods for right ramp. If that is what everyone wants

1 week later
#8656 2 years ago
Quoted from Glockshots:

Made some building inserts for my speakers lights, changed out T-molding and added more ooze. Going to order IC and install on the coin door.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That’s nice we’re did you get all the ooze
I never thought about putting on the bottom of the cabinet on my turtles it looks good. I need to do this to my Munsters premium on back glass n bottom of cabinet to it would be sweet. Lol

#8681 2 years ago

So far I’ve had no problems with mine hopefully I’ll get lucky. Lol

#8688 2 years ago
Quoted from JonCBrand:

Back in the club. I feel like I bailed out before code was far enough along. Insider Connect kit on hand but not in a rush to install. Cliffys on order.
[quoted image]

That’s great. I’ve had mine now for about 4-5 weeks and I love it the art work is fantastic. The more I play n learning the layout and rules I see just how good it is. Lol

#8734 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

What is wrong with the code?
I think it is sone of Deights best work. We love ours.

I totally agree the code is great. Yes this can be a tough pin but as u play n learn this game it becomes fantastic. The light show on this one is unreal as u progress n the speed of the game keeps u on your toes for sure. Mine is not going anywhere. Lol

1 month later
#8903 1 year ago
Quoted from System-J:

The disc, the right ramp and orbit for sure. The disc might be higher on tmnt and ramp lower. Definite similarities though. I'm not a fan of twister but the mb start is fun. Having the balls drop from the ramp (sky?) is a bit cooler than tmnts flipper ski too disc.
No thoughts on my rule tweaks anyone? Is everyone else happy with the code so far?
After a day of tmnt borg-ing me I've been trying to figure out another way to make the game a bit more friendly. ...out of the box that is, so no homebrew mods or tweeks because most operators won't do that. ... anyways, the only thing I can think, software wise to cut down on the frustrating left outlane drains is to have the April ball saves accumulative. So each extra ball save you get from April targets or mystery pops would be kept in memory. This could accumulate so that both lanes could be lit at the same time (especially if the slings change lanes) or if Dwight makes the flipper lane change default and just keep one side lit but kept lit if one is on que.
...just (another) thought.

M

Quoted from bicyclenut:

Added this today. Love my new shooter rod.
[quoted image]

Quoted from bicyclenut:

Added this today. Love my new shooter rod.
[quoted image]

That’s nice mine is coming tomorrow can’t wait to get it on

#8912 1 year ago
Quoted from bonesjustice08:

sup, I got a turtles pro, am I in the club now?

U are in enjoy

#8927 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr_H:

That is awesome! What a moment that would have been!
Any alpha on TMNT that he dropped? Did he mention Dwight being locked away working hard on a code update?
With Stern only making 1 cornerstone this year, I'm quietly hoping Dwight is working on a code update that includes rescoring.

Me too I love my turtles but if he would do something to the scoreing would be great.

1 week later
#8990 1 year ago

Man it’s bad when you get up n set on the side of the bed at 2:30 am and think I might as well check pinside out and see what’s happening.

3 weeks later
#9085 1 year ago
Quoted from Delta9:

Im in just grabbed a prem
[quoted image]

Welcome n congratulations it’s a great game but tough I love mine.

1 month later
#9193 1 year ago

Man once again they could have done some much needed scoreing adjustments but nope nothing worth a crap in my opinion. Come on STERN

1 week later
#9236 1 year ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Code could use some needed updates, however.

No doubt. I love mine but really wish they would give a good code update n put the scoreing we’re it needs to be.

1 week later
#9249 1 year ago

I like everything all u said about the game really some great points. I’m with alot of people my biggest complaint is the scoreing bring that we’re it needs to be n it’s fine. I love mine it’s great.

1 week later
#9325 1 year ago

That’s great it’s not done but sure would be nice to up the scoreing n I would be happy.

#9351 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr_H:

Go, go , go Xaqery start planning for it! Get it up on the current code update project list in the office!
Get the bugs squashed, update the scoring system to be more in lined how other pins are - higher scoring, more rewarding shots etc Having this table for progression and scoring would make this one of the best!

Totally agree with everything you just said. I love this pin please please XAGERY JUST AT LEAST GET THE SCOREING WAY UP. This is a beautiful game n fast as hell a lot to do.

#9379 1 year ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

well, as said by "few", Munsters should be a top 10 game, while TMNT should be top 5...
(take this with humor)

I totally agree Munsters is great and I love my tmnt also. Munsters definitely should be way higher than we’re it is so many games in front of it that are not in no way better but that’s pinside for ya. If I listen to everything on pinside rateing there would have been alot of games I would have never owned.

1 week later
#9460 1 year ago
Quoted from Tommy_Pins:

New update, looks like they doubled episode scoring!
PRO V1.53 - SEPTEMBER 12, 2022
==============================
**** FIXED ****
- Fixed the Achievement "A Team of Heroes". It will now give the achievement
after completing 4 episodes using all four shots.
- Fixed the Achievement "Team April". It will now award correctly if you
complete an April Hurry-Up during the Team-Up wizard mode.
- Fixed The Cooperative Achievement "Team Work Silver". In a three or four
player cooperative game, if a player completes the 3rd consecutive Weapon
Hurry-Up they will now collect this achievement correctly.
**** TWEAKED ****
- Changed how many times you need to train to enable Neutrino Pizza Party from
three to one.
- Doubled all the scores from Episodes.
- Reduced how fast Ninja Pizza Frenzy growes per switch and reduced the cap
from 10K to 8K per switch.

Oh yeah

#9517 1 year ago

I’ve never had any problems with my tmnt n I’m on 1.52. Should I update to 1.53 Is it alot better on scoreing cause that’s my biggest complaint if not much different than I will leave it alone.

#9520 1 year ago
Quoted from Collin:

Yeah, this is a pretty consequential update.

Well I’ll do it I just hate to loose my April mod to. I think I’ll try the 1987 mod it’s ready for 1.53 to n see how I like it.

#9535 1 year ago
Quoted from DNHansen:

I use the start button to start a new game after ball one. It'll keep the ball in the shooter lane, saves time. I haven't experienced anything odd doing that, I mostly use Michelangelo. I'd recommend emailing Stern though so they know.

Why do you start a new game after only one ball have I missed something on my tmnt

1 week later
#9599 1 year ago

These updates are great n we really appreciate it DWIGHT AND COREY. The only thing I really wish for is the scoreing to really be brought up sometime or another like on other games. Don’t get me wrong I love my turtles i just get aggravated when I have a hell of a multiball going like crazy n still get 1-2 million points n other pins 20 -30 million. Like I said said thanks for all y’all our doing on turtles it n my Munsters premium are bolted to the floor.

1 week later
#9721 1 year ago
Quoted from BowlingJim:

Grandson playing in his Halloween costume. He is only 2 but he loves playing. Well let’s just say he loves beating the crap of the flipper buttons.
[quoted image]

That’s great

2 weeks later
#9866 1 year ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

that's now a long time you're fighting against the top 100 (mainly because pins are not classified as YOU would like to see them)
i understand & agree some of your points, and disagree with some others
you wanna explain us that or its all black, or its all white... but what about in between ?
in fact i remember how much you were upset (including some of your fans) when i posted about Munsters, and saying it is a good pin, but not more than that... while you were saying its a top 10 for sure (some of your fans were even saying top 3 if i'm not wrong)
now, what's the point with TMNT being 45th ?
you love it ? than forget all the rest & enjoy, things are simple...
PS : i still have to learn (and get home) TMNT, but for the few i know, i think its a good pin & i will surelly enjoy it

I remember the discussion on Munsters cause I was one that agreed with thunder bird but I want get back into all that n like u said if u enjoy turtles that’s all that matters. I love tmnt it’s fast brutal beautiful and will get your blood pressure up. Oh but I keep coming back n that to me is a great pin when you just have to have one more shot at it. Oh and live on all u MUNSTER LOVERS. lol

#9883 1 year ago
Quoted from drinklime:

Spent a few weeks finding the right figures and touching them up, all the turtles and shredder line up with their inserts. The only problem is now I can't stop and want to add more
[quoted image]

We’re do u get them n what size are they. N how did you attach them they look great. I’ve got mine modded real nice and have been wanting to add figures. Thanks

2 weeks later
#9961 1 year ago
Quoted from CypherPinball:

Anyone have any pics of the mezel mod glider mod from the player perspective angle. Thinking about picking it up. But, on the premium I think the glider blocks too much. Can barely see extra ball insert. Also, any pics with a TMNT Polly pockets added to glider? I think if I do get the glider, would need to get a figure to go on it.

I have it on mine n added the figure to it. I think it’s great in my opinion.

#10019 1 year ago
Quoted from wolffcub:

The factory flasher that was in the red cap has two possible locations. One is in the building so when you hit the spinner the building flashes a bit thru the windows.
The other option is a housing that is mounted on the plastic angled to the face of the building. This layout is a cool effect. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I want one how do I get it. It’s nice

#10039 1 year ago
Quoted from mannymasy:

Hello friends, I have a purchase planned for the month of December but I have doubts between tmnt and gotg... I have had gotg in the past and we enjoyed it a lot at home, now I have the opportunity to buy a new one of the latest production. I have doubts between these two machines, turtles I have never played it nor do I have the possibility of trying it but from the videos I have seen it seems very fun. I would like to have a comparison of the two machines on playability, durability, fun...etc... greetings and thanks!!!! It should also be said that at home I only have one machine that is AIQ premium now... it is a hard machine and difficult to advance... at least for me...

Guardians is easier than tmnt u can advance quicker and is a blast to play. TMNT is beautiful n fast but can be tough. It keeps me coming back even though it keeps kicking my butt sometimes u just have to use good ball control but either one is great u can’t go wrong in my opinion I have both n love them.

#10061 1 year ago

I want one to

1 week later
#10092 1 year ago

I love mine it’s tough but so much fun and really beautiful artwork. It kicks my butt most of the time but also makes me want more.

#10102 1 year ago
Quoted from wolffcub:

I will have a batch of them done soon.

I want one bad can’t wait for it really nice

4 weeks later
#10190 1 year ago
Quoted from NovaCade:

Any update on these? I’d love to get one for my TMNT

I’ve been waiting to hear something about this to I want one.

1 week later
#10271 1 year ago

Has anyone heard anymore about the channel 6 building mod I was hoping to get one.

#10274 1 year ago
Quoted from freddy:

When wolf is ready you will know!

Quoted from freddy:

When wolf is ready you will know!

Wow ok

#10280 1 year ago
Quoted from wolffcub:

I am almost ready to post up the official thread for the Pizza Parlor and the Channel 6 building. Should be up later in the week.

That’s great oh yeah.

2 weeks later
#10354 1 year ago
Quoted from dboeren:

I think I remember reading Dwight saying he wanted to do another update but who knows when that might happen. If not, I’m happy with what we have.

I believe your right Dwight did say it’s not finished n I’m praying he at least does a big change in the scoreing which would be great

#10357 1 year ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

which big change do you want to get with the scoring ?

Like u know when you play guardians or Deadpool n different ones. I can get on them and with in few minutes I’m hitting 40-50 million doing this or that. On my tmnt I’m completing different things but the scoreing is set so low u can spend 20 minutes n have 10-15 million lol. That’s the only complaint I have with tmnt n I love mine I just believe if DWIGHT would really bring the scoreing up like other pins it would be fantastic and maybe I’m off here just my opinion. Lol

#10407 1 year ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Congrats on a steal of a deal on a TMNT premium. You did quite well! Can’t believe it went for that low. CC is an old nice shooting relic of the past, but you might go to a place and shoot it more. Everyone I know that has had CC, gets rid of it after boredom sets in. I wouldn’t make this statement in the CC club thread, but can here in our TMNT club. Its a bore fest with such shallow code with not much to do in the game compared to a deep player like TMNT. CC was made to plunk a few quarters in for 10 minutes of fun, but not for long term home ownership. TMNT on the other hand was made for HUO, with many ways to play the game, with 4 choices of turtles and multiplayer extravaganza. CC has none of that and is quite simple after hitting Black Bart only so many times and seeing the train move a few inches right and left. Not much else there. Strikes and spares is more fun, because of the premise of the game. Houdini is a tough shooter, because of tight shots, but you probably already know that. It does have a lot going on in the game although.

Are you talking about CC OR CC REMAKE I agree on CC but the remake I think is pretty good it’s really a fun pin that anyone can really play plus they are going to add more to it. Now the premium tmnt is great but the pro is just as good in my opinion and really want little difference between them I couldn’t at the time see paying for the premium but I love my tmnt u are right it’s a fantastic pin. Hey one more thing Thunderbird u still got your Munsters I’m still loving my premium.

#10415 1 year ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Yes, still have Munsters and will never sell it. Such an outstandingly coded game, with awesome ramps, etc. Another outstanding Borg/Dwight game pinside bashed early on and now people are finally discovering its awesome too! Try and find one, TMNT will be the same phenomenon. Prices will rise on TMNT soon, now that its out of print and the naysayers discover its so fun!

That’s great to hear mine will never go anywhere either n your spot on with tmnt people are seeing just how good it is n it’s not going anywhere either lol.

1 week later
#10467 1 year ago

I have invisiglass on mine and love it. With my pin stadium lights it’s absolutely beautiful

3 weeks later
#10598 1 year ago
Quoted from System-J:

Is it OK to like both?
Ropp eventually did a great job on the gotg code (here's hoping 007 gets that treatment), but I really like the focus on the ramps on tmnt. In gotg you can avoid them I find, which if you're playing safe is smarts as they can be frustratingly tight--in tmnt you are forced to hit both. I agree that gotg has more balance score wise, but rules wise I'd say tmnt is more balanced as for shots. You are almost forced to hit every shot in the game to progress. I'm still fine with the mb's being the kingmaker in tmnt, especially since you have to play through the modes to work towards more. But team up's score needs to be doubled and the training value needs to go up too. And there's lots of small things to tweak the scores, but I doubt stern will give the team time to do it.
All this said though, yeah, gotg feels more finished code wise than tmnt. I'm still holding out hope that a big score balancing update comes. There's still a few bugs, so let's hope they get fixed together.
A code update is a ways away, imo. I'd guess at least a 1/2 year after Dwights next game is released (venom this summer? (I was hoping for back to the Future, but rumors seem to be set on venom :/ ). ...anyways, I feel tmnt *could* be one of the best sterns of this Era. I just love that the npmb and team up are different every game. My strategy changes based on what perks I get. Keeps the game fresh. Love it.

That’s what I’m hoping to. The game is beautiful and deep I just believe if u give it that big scoreing would be fantastic. When my friends come over and play they love playing it but feel like it should reward u better after playing 25 minutes n not scoring 20 million. I believe Dwight will give us one more good update at least hey he did it on my Munsters and made it great.

#10605 1 year ago
Quoted from Jon9508:

Sold my tmnt pro over the weekend and pulled the mods from it. I have a krang mod, mezel glider mod with mini rahpla in the seat. Pinmonk color lens for the 9 bad guys and the turtle power insert.
Pm if your intrested in any or all.

How much for the power insert that’s the only one I don’t have. I’m right here at u in Lula Georgia

#10628 1 year ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

132M is nice for sure
as example, few weeks ago, in an "insider" tournament including more than few good players, as we start to play, i directly put 117M with my 1st game on Turtle, and that was not beaten for the all day (2nd place was 83M if i remember well)

Man I would fall out if I got over a hundred million. I can’t get passed 30-40 million it kicks my butt. I still love it and it’s not going anywhere. Lol

1 week later
#10642 1 year ago
Quoted from bossk4hire:

Yes they are legit.
I'm down here in SC and many folks down this way buy from them and Classic Game Rooms in GA.

Jason at classic game room is great.

1 week later
#10679 1 year ago

I’ve had tmnt now for a year and it kicks my rear end but I still love it. Absolutely a beautiful pin n definitely fast. I guess I’m a slow learner on this one on what exactly I’m supposed to do but I will get it. The only thing I still want is DWIGHT to make the scoreing better when you do achieve things in the game in my opinion and whole lot of other people have said the same thing.

2 weeks later
#10728 1 year ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

My best so far is 20 something million...and I had to work to get it. Besides the common strategies of bringing modes into MBs, what else should I be focusing on? I still don't know the half of what I'm doing. I know that left and right ramps relight modes at the Pizza Parlor? Maybe? Lol
Scoring is so low. Even my wife yelled out "Cmon Dwight! Don't be so stingy with the points!" LOL
I don't need inflated scoring or anything but man, when you're used to scoring in other Stern games and you walk up to this one, it can seem like an uphill battle.
I still really enjoy shooting it though. Still can't get the timing on that side ramp.

That’s what a lot of us have been saying Dwight put the scoreing up up up. I love mine but play for a while feeling good I’m rocking and rolling look up and see I’ve scored 5 million. It’s like a damn workout. Lol.

#10756 1 year ago
Quoted from dapperdan24:

New code drop for lots of machines including this one. Anybody comb through to see if there is acting more than insider connected updates?

Really nothing just insider crap. I was hoping for something good like scoring Dwight but nope.

2 months later
#10969 10 months ago

I love mine but I do wish they would make scoreing a lot better like Deadpool or when they did the final code on ghostbusters. I was playing both at my house and was having a blast I thought man if they would just make tmnt scoring like this it would be great. Maybe they will who knows.

1 week later
#11008 9 months ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Awww. Did your feelings get hurt when your balls drained so fast? Poor baby. Perhaps you should try coloring, or adopt a kitten.

That’s freaking hilarious I’m still laughing Lol

2 weeks later
#11030 9 months ago
Quoted from hiker2099:

Not sure if Dwight S. will read this but please put some form of shots being spotted in TMNT. I think it would make for deeper game play and I might even be able to complete the Cowabunga mode.
-suggestion: added to turtles with maxed out training. Could also award it for each April hurry-up.

And for God sale up the scoreing Dwight please

1 week later
#11078 8 months ago
Quoted from WombatPinball:

I do agree that the scoring is unbalanced for sure. It’s just too multiball heavy. I mentioned this to Dwight but unfortunately it does not look like TMNT will be getting the scoring balancing that it deserves. If I’m not playing to achieve cowabunga, which I typically am, then I’ll be focusing a lot harder on the multiballs to amp up that score. Especially because I do not have insider connect where I can save my turtles progress. I typically use Mikey anyways but I know Raph is really where the points are at. I still love this game and the theme. It’s a keeper and the only way I see my pro ever leaving would be if I made the decision to upgrade to a premium.

It’s a shame if Dwight doesn’t at least up the scoring in this one. I love everything about it except for the scoring is no where we’re it needs to be.

COME ON DWIGHT DO THE RIGHT THING LIKE YOU DID FOR US ON OUR MUNSTERS YOU KNOW WERE GOING TO KEEP BEGGING LIKE WE DID ON IT.

#11082 8 months ago
Quoted from Tommy_Pins:

I haven’t really played in a while, what’s the issue with scoring? Didn’t they adjust it so that modes are worth more?

Very little. If Dwight would just up the scoreing like let’s say Deadpool or ghostbusters along that line this would be one of the best games ever and that’s from most people.

1 month later
#11179 7 months ago

The only downside to this game is the scoreing. Dwight needs to up the scoring big time and it would be fantastic.

1 week later
#11204 6 months ago
Quoted from NoSkills:

Thanks, I dismissed Munster as being too easy previously but that’s kind of what I’m looking for now I guess! I’ve played a premium before and found the lower playfield to be a bit of a gimmick so you’re right the pro is probably the way to go for me.

I love my Munsters premium and the bottom playfield is one of the best. When you get to Munster madness and are playing upper and lower playfields at the same time is absolutely fantastic. My grandson got to it and he was having a blast.

3 weeks later
#11276 6 months ago

Yes it can be a very tough game but that doesn’t bother me as much as the SCOREING SCOREING NEEDS TO BE ADJUSTED DWIGHT.
Like most have said u play for 25 minutes or whatever and want even have 10-15 million points. I love mine but if the scoreing was like my ghostbusters or Deadpool this game would be fantastic.

1 week later
#11295 5 months ago
Quoted from Crewey:

Hi - I'll shortly be taking receipt of a PRO.
Does anyone have an example of the below mod fitted, or recognise where this originates please for me to locate further fitting instructions? Thank you
[quoted image]

I have that one it fits on the right ramp as it comes across the right up ramp.
I’ll take a picture of mine tomorrow and post it on here for you.

2 weeks later
#11460 5 months ago
Quoted from Jblock22:

Hey turtle crew! Just got my very first pin, a TMNT premium! Super stoked and have been trying to run it through the paces when I've had time over the last 5 days.
What advice does anyone have for a new TMNT owner?
Some things I'm wondering / have noticed:
* that left out lane (the borg lane) is a doozy. I've seen people put a silicone dot on the left wall which apparently eases it up just a little. Anyone tried this / have thoughts on it?
* what are some must have mods? I'm thinking about picking up pin stadiums for Christmas.
* what machine settings are you guys using for flipper and sling strength? I toned down the flipper power to 225 for left and right as the ball was just jetting all over the place and out of play. I also took the sling power down by 25 but might adjust them a bit lower even.
* power settings for top left flipper? Just standard? I'm almost of the mindset that that flipper might need a little MORE power where as the main ones need to be tweaked down.
*anyone have issues with your right ramp? I notice that about 20% of the time the ball either goes half way up and hits something/rejects (haven't figured out what it's hitting exactly yet) or sometimes hops right off of it so that it doesn't count the shot.
*I have downloaded the 1987 and Scandell mods but haven't gone about trying to load them into the machine yet. Can I literally just pop the files on an SD card and put them in the machine or do I have to set it all up using some type of 3rd party software? Also, does anyone know if those mods that were created for 1.55 will also work with the new 1.56 update or will that make them incompatible? Staying on code mods, has anyone had problems with insider connect and using them? My wife and I really enjoy having IC on our machine.
* Any other thoughts, tips, tricks you have to bestow would be awesome!

I have pin stadium on all my games and on tmnt is absolutely beautiful. They really make the artwork come to life.

2 months later
#11790 77 days ago
Quoted from brzezicki:

Someone mentioned they added pinstadiums to their tmtn. I though tmnt was already bright enough but I ended up figuring what the heck let’s add some light and see what happens so I made my own custom pinstadiums using a design I modified off the hurry up pinball instructions. I like how it turned out[quoted image][quoted image]

You get a set of pinstadium s and adjust them to bring all the colors out to their full potential u will be amazed. I have them on all my games.

#11857 71 days ago

HEY DWIGHT GIVE US A SUPER SCORE CODE UPDATE FOR TMNT BROTHER I KNOW YOUR LISTING DO IT FOR YOUR PEOPLE. LOL THATS ALL FOR NOW. LOL

#11881 65 days ago
Quoted from System-J:

It's not you, it's the team-up scoring. It sucks and makes no sense why it's so low. Even if you argue that it re-lights the multiballs, you still have to work your way back to those too. It's just so frustrating because it's such a great mode, like possibly my favorite in all of pinball but even if you have episode multipliers, it's still low scoring. Team Up is such a favorite of mine that I can get 60mil on level 1 training and still feel like I failed if I didn't get to team up. The perks for it are so much fun to mix and match too.
...anyways, yeah not you, Team-Up is ridiculously under scoring.

I have never agreed with all caps more. THIS! Please, for the love of all pinball, please Dwight pester your boss for some time to tweak this game. Maybe get some outside help like Raymond for recommendations on making this game more balanced scoring for tournaments (the reduction of features in 'tournament play' isn't enough). You've done such an amazing job on so many things on this game, especially the theme integration of the code, like the April Hurry-up. It's so close to being your best game--at minimum though, it need some scoring tweaks to be great.
(Separately, it would be nice to have a bit more depth too, like add more pizza slice modes like what was hinted in literature when the game was released, but yeah, some score balancing is what is really needed. Team Up needs to go way up, foot 123 could go up (spinner doubled maybe?), some more immediate points for leveling up so that I don't curse every time I hit the Lair (although, thematically I guess that works, a raising of the percentage might work to, 5 or 10 percent to the existing 10). ...I'm shouting at clouds here, aren't I? ...

Yeah, coil setting is fine on stock for most. My gauge is if you can backhand both ramps. I had mine at 6.5 for a while for that sole reason, although the outlane drains decrease if it's a bit steeper it seems. I currently have mine around 6.8 and I can backhand both still.
Some people like to mess with the top flipper power. I think every game is a bit different. Just set it up and play if for a few weeks and see how it feels.
I think that is most recommended out of the box is to reduce the trough eject power (feature adjust #11 in game settings). Factory is like 240. I have mine at 160 and it's fine. Apparently the trough can take a beating and wear out sooner with the overpowered factory setting.

Yes now we’re talking I agree with everything you said. Can you hear us DWIGHT JACK THE SCOREING WAY UP ACROSS THE BOARD PLEASE U ARE THE MAN OK IM DONE BEGGING FOR NOW. LOL

#11889 64 days ago
Quoted from Stebel:

Leave the scoring right where it is. The score level is proportional for the entire game.
What is the rationale behind across the board increasing scoring?
Would you like this game to be scoring in the trillions?

The scoreing is awful not proportional. Nobody is saying trillions but it needs to be brought up to were u feel like u have really accomplished something and that is just not me saying this there are many people who have said the same thing. The scoreing has been the biggest complaint and turn off for tmnt.

#11892 64 days ago
Quoted from briyau15:

I’d be down for an “enhanced scoring” setting where the default is No so those not interested can maintain their current scoring.
I’m more of a progression guy myself for home use play but agree TMNT can be depressing when I look up after what I think is a successful Multiball to only get 2m points

Yes totally agree. This is what alot of us have been saying you play 20-30 minutes having a great game. Multiball going a few times hitting this doing that and you’re thinking I’m tearing this game up and bam look at the score board and have 15 million points like really that’s it. But I can play Deadpool or my Ghostbusters in just a few minutes I’m up 80-90 million quick.
This game has so much going for it and if Dwight would update the scoreing to match it would be a fantastic game guaranteed.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chester, PA
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Twisted Tokens

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 3.49
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 16.00
$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Machine - For Sale
Terre Haute, IN
$ 7,000.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 7,999.00
$ 22.00
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 23.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider big-c66.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-club2020-cowabunga-its-pizza-time?tu=big-c66 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.