(Topic ID: 271489)

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Club(Stern 2020): Cowabunga! It’s Pizza Time!

By Tuxedomask23

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,044 posts
  • 828 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by Afty86
  • Topic is favorited by 335 Pinsiders

You

Topic poll

“Which model are you going to purchase”

• Pro 285 votes
    50%
  • Premium 166 votes
    29%
  • LE 120 votes
    21%

(571 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240415_084026 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image.png
PXL_20240413_183258513.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_3649 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3648 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5713 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5712 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8262 (resized).jpeg
20240406_124621 (resized).jpg
SystemJPinball.ca_1_TMNT-MenuCard-PremLE-Mean1.1_example-3 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1141 TMNT fresh out-of-the-box Issues and Fixes FAQ Posted by Stosel (3 years ago)

Post #1580 Lights rebooting on the back of the machine - FIX Posted by HookedonPinonics (3 years ago)

Post #2172 playfirlo colour differences Posted by Phatchit (3 years ago)

Post #2390 Left Outlane Fix Posted by NoQuarters (3 years ago)

Post #2457 DIY Krang Mod Instructions Posted by ABE_FLIPS (3 years ago)

Post #4037 Glider Servo DIY replacement Posted by PinHead50 (3 years ago)

Post #4120 Link to Amazon product page for replacement servo for glider Posted by PinHead50 (3 years ago)

Post #4327 Sloppy soldering at factory causing overvoltage error - fix Posted by Blackzarak (3 years ago)

Post #4374 Replacing bad glider servo with amazon better one Posted by arcadenerd925 (3 years ago)

Post #4698 Center Ramp non-registering opto fix Posted by spidey (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bazou.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4672 3 years ago

Hello folks,
I am a new user to pinside but have read many topics here in the past few weeks. I have the chance to move early next year to a new house, with some spare room left for my first pin
As a total newbie I am a bit afraid of the speed/brutalness of TMNT as well as of this upper left pin shoot/left lane, but I like the fact that this theme is very family friendly (as soon as my kids are old enough: btw when are they old enough for playing a pinball??) + I love the coop & 2vs2 mode to have more fun with friends.

My question: Those Coop and 2vs2 modes are they kind of exclusive to TMNT or does they exist in any other released pin? If it does, which ones please?

Any advice/comments welcome!
Thanks beforehand

#4679 3 years ago

Thanks for the replies guys, it helps a lot, much appreciated!
I first thought of DP or JP for a first pin, but actually now getting very excited by this one

My older son is only 3 years old but it seems like the wait won't be that long until he can start playing. And I bet for him this is the best theme out of the 3.
Will have to be patient now, and try to spot all the must have mods you guys are talking about until then
Unless there is a BTTF release in the meantime that would make the decision harder ^^

#4688 3 years ago

Could someone please confirm how the diverter actually works on the pro please?
I understand it stops the ball? What makes it released then?
Searched the answer a bit but could find...

#4810 3 years ago

Hello guys,
With all this mess around EU tariff I rushed to buy my first pin ever which will be a Nib TMNT pro! Can't wait

I'm a total newbie. Would you mostly recommend a playfield protector?
I plan to buy as well mirror blade (so would like to see one as well ), shaker and the headset port.

#4865 3 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Yes but set it to minimum. Also it feels like 1.23 code took just a touch off the beginning of pizza mball that i dont mind it anymore.

Never had a shaker, so there is a menu to set the strength right? And to deactivate it completely as well?

#4905 3 years ago

NIB TMNT Pro paid! can't wait!
Quick question:

- I have heard it's better to buy better balls than the Stern ones. A guy told me they may need to be magnetic because of the pizza. Do you confirm it's best to buy new balls right before the 1st play, and are they standard or need particular ones?

- I am on the fence regarding the PFP. So far I have decided not to buy one but the distributor can still install it for me if I change my mind. Without a PFP and a modern NIB pin, is it better to wax before the 1st play to add a layer of protection? Which novus number? Or something like Carnauba?

Thanks guys!

1 week later
#5039 3 years ago
Quoted from kell:

I know this has been asked before, but haven't seen a solid answer, how are people hitting the lair shot consistently?
I'm not one to shy away from tough shots, but I have not been able to find the angle/flipper to hit it on a regular basis. I haven't put a ton of games on it yet, but I'm getting to the point where I just hope I get a lucky bounce to trigger training.

You can watch the following part of this TMNT contest dedicated to the training shot to get some inspiration

#5054 3 years ago
Quoted from Soulstoner:

I find that putting rubber cabinet bumpers behind the translite helps to minimize the rattle that comes from there during the shaker. Also, if the coin door is rattling during shaker movement, I'll add bumpers between the door and the bracket as well.
Other than that, it is still extremely loud on my machine during pizza multi-ball too. Comically so.

Something like this? https://pu-parts.com/stern-sega-data-east-rubber-bumper-plug-grommet

3 months later
#6376 3 years ago

Hello guys,

Finally received my NIB TMTN Pro, my very first pin, I'm so happy to join the club!
At first I thought that everything looks fine, but the more I look at it, the more I wonder if I actually do have this PF print quality issue.
When you look from very close, like if you have your nose on the glass, then you do see the printing dots. But from a normal playing distance I would say you don't see them. Have a look at the attached pictures (I have the feeling my phone camera increases this issue compared to what you see real life).
My pin has been produced in july 2020.
What do you guys think??
If this is a PF printing issue, am I supposed to ask my distributor to open a case with Stern? or can I bypass him and open a ticket directly myself? That would be more convenient for me since he is located on the other side of the country.

Also, second doubt: it seems like when the ball goes to the right ramp quite slowly the opto (highlighted in the picture) does not trigger. Is that a normal behavior? If not, do you think I could fix it?

Many thanks a lot for your help & advices beforehand, I'm a bit nervous for this first not-at-all-reasonable purchase!

IMG_20210328_133035 (resized).jpgIMG_20210328_133035 (resized).jpgIMG_20210328_133208 (resized).jpgIMG_20210328_133208 (resized).jpgIMG_20210328_133306 (resized).jpgIMG_20210328_133306 (resized).jpgIMG_20210328_160258 (resized).jpgIMG_20210328_160258 (resized).jpgInkedIMG_20210328_161553_LI (resized).jpgInkedIMG_20210328_161553_LI (resized).jpg
#6386 3 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

The switch looks like it's missing a screw. Don't bend anything and search inside the cabinet for it.
Rob

wow good catch !
I'll look for this missing screw, hopefully I'll find it. I guess it could do some damage in there...

3 weeks later
#6479 2 years ago
Quoted from BigTP25:

Looking to get a Pro and I came across this picture of a topper that I am going to obsess over until I can get one or get one made like it. The machine this is on is by RB Flip France (check them out on Facebook). I reached out to them on Facebook, they read the messages, but didn't reply. Does anyone know of anyone that could make this? I'm willing to pay top dollar for it, whatever that might be.
[quoted image]

I'm the lucky owner of one of them.
As far as I know the guy produced 30 of them, and they are all gone. It was around 350€ a piece

1 week later
#6533 2 years ago

I'm a bit freaked out
I have my pin up & running for like a month, my first one ever
I have around 300 games in
Today I just realized those wear... It seems quite serious to me for this little amount of games!
Is that something I will be able to restore when I want to sell it??
Is there something I can do to limit this, besides being a better player and shooting less often and those damn targets when aiming for the left ramp??

My balls are the following, from the 1st game onwards: https://pu-parts.com/1-1-16-high-gloss-pinball-standard-size-low-magnetic_3

IMG_20210503_151428 (resized).jpgIMG_20210503_151428 (resized).jpgIMG_20210503_152844 (resized).jpgIMG_20210503_152844 (resized).jpg

#6537 2 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Ahh...yeah if he's worried about the magnet getting scratched up, that just happens. No worries here. Pinball machines simply do not stay perfect...it's not in their nature.

Yeah, that was my concern with the pizza.
Thanks for your replies guys, I know that when time comes to sell, people look VERY close to your game
In the meantime I'll do my best to improve and shoot more the actual ramp...

3 weeks later
#6679 2 years ago

Hi folks

Just noticed this plot in the right out lane has no rubber.
Seems surprising to me and can't manage to find any stock picture from stern showing this exact location from a good angle.
Could someone confirm please
Thanks!

IMG_20210524_221154 (resized).jpgIMG_20210524_221154 (resized).jpg
4 months later
#7519 2 years ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

This pin has such a great diversity of shots. I have no problem making the Lair shot, but I miss the inner loop and center ramp 80% of the time! And I'm usually pretty good at those types of shots. I've hit 21 loop shots in a row on No Fear, but it's a rattley brickfest on this machine. After a week of having it I've also come to understand there are times to keep the ball moving (normal play) and times to catch and shoot (modes). I find it fun to change my mindset mid-game like that. At first I never caught the ball, and that become an exercise in frustration. But I'm finally figuring out what works.
Except that inner loop and center ramp shot

I think I need a mentoring from you for this l'air shot!

1 week later
#7584 2 years ago
Quoted from Scandell:

See animation here: [quoted image]

Nice! Was hoping to hear from you soon!

1 month later
#7921 2 years ago
Quoted from Meorrow:

Fortunately for me, I really enjoy playing pinball for progression in modes more than raw scoring so I still love TMNT, but if you were someone that focused on high scores more than "achievements," I could see how the scoring could be frustrating.

I'm like you more interested by progression but what annoys me still with this scoring is that when you got friends at home for a multiplayer game it kinda ruins the fun to have the higher scoring player just winning on a lucky pizza MB

9 months later
#9376 1 year ago

Hello guys,
The sad time has come for me to swap my TMNT for another pin, being in a 1-pin-only home I knew it will come one day
I still have my custom topper that I am selling separetely.
It has been produced in a factory so looks super professional. Only 30 units were produced and most of them sold over here in France. No additional units will be produced. See details in the picture attached.
It comes with both EU & US power cable.
I am asking 600$ + shipping, and could ship worldwide.
PM me if interested!
Thanks
Bazou

124373484_369659470971991_5795239744076785581_n (resized).jpg124373484_369659470971991_5795239744076785581_n (resized).jpgIMG_20220831_212055 (resized).jpgIMG_20220831_212055 (resized).jpg
#9388 1 year ago
Quoted from System-J:

I see your problem, so much furniture.
Very professional looking topper, I'm sure any tmnt fan would love it; not just someone with the pin.

Haha, yeah I definitively have room for a second pin but...not the wife nor the budget that come with it :p
Yep I'm sure this topper will make someone happy!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 22.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Jacksonville, FL
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Terre Haute, IN
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 7,000.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Twisted Tokens

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 16.00
$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 7,999.00
$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bazou.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-club2020-cowabunga-its-pizza-time?tu=bazou and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.