(Topic ID: 271489)

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Club(Stern 2020): Cowabunga! It’s Pizza Time!

By Tuxedomask23

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11,954 posts
  • 822 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 32 hours ago by Rampmaster
  • Topic is favorited by 334 Pinsiders

You

Topic poll

“Which model are you going to purchase”

• Pro 285 votes
    50%
  • Premium 166 votes
    29%
  • LE 119 votes
    21%

(570 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3566 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240316_051625591 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240316_034508453 (resized).jpg
IMG_3277 (resized).JPG
20240308_213544 (resized).jpg
20240308_211320 (resized).jpg
20240308_211805 (resized).jpg
20240215_093714 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
1EB20A79-521C-4BEB-AAA6-F2E7D64EE9D1 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5494 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5493 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5492 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1141 TMNT fresh out-of-the-box Issues and Fixes FAQ Posted by Stosel (3 years ago)

Post #1580 Lights rebooting on the back of the machine - FIX Posted by HookedonPinonics (3 years ago)

Post #2172 playfirlo colour differences Posted by Phatchit (3 years ago)

Post #2390 Left Outlane Fix Posted by NoQuarters (3 years ago)

Post #2457 DIY Krang Mod Instructions Posted by ABE_FLIPS (3 years ago)

Post #4037 Glider Servo DIY replacement Posted by PinHead50 (3 years ago)

Post #4120 Link to Amazon product page for replacement servo for glider Posted by PinHead50 (3 years ago)

Post #4327 Sloppy soldering at factory causing overvoltage error - fix Posted by Blackzarak (3 years ago)

Post #4374 Replacing bad glider servo with amazon better one Posted by arcadenerd925 (3 years ago)

Post #4698 Center Ramp non-registering opto fix Posted by spidey (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider baxterstockman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

290 posts in this topic match your search for posts by baxterstockman. You are on page 1 of 2.
#53 3 years ago

Mark my words, I will have this game at least ordered by the end of the year. Until then I'll leave this thread alone until I can officially join.

Will be my first pin.

#118 3 years ago

There's something about the multiball coming out of the turtle van that I just need that. Plus I love the art on it more.

#248 3 years ago

Was confused at what the "joke" was. Turns out he just don't like it.

I think it's the best of the 3.

#354 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

It is strange. Just get what cha want. No need to justify it in any way. These are all stupid financial decisions. Haha

It's that way in any community. It's all about justifying the purchase.

#356 3 years ago

Might have to make a topper with my sideshow statues.

tmnt (resized).pngtmnt (resized).png
#358 3 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

love seeing how many pinsiders are also retro video game collectors. My video game collection is worth way more than my pins

I used to collect any and every game I could find. But decided to only collect and keep the games that I love. With a few exceptions.

#365 3 years ago

I think the LE has the best side and coin art. While I think the Premium has the best glass and upper vertical art (sorry I'm unfamiliar with the terminology).

It does seem weird that the T-molding is red on the premium. Doesn't really seem to fit anything.

#370 3 years ago

It's all opinion. To me the ball stopper on the pro is an eyesore. The glider is great.

The turtle van multiball where the side of the van opens up is freakin awesome and a must have. Plus Krang and the mutli directional pizza spinner add some extra depth.

As well as (imo) the back glass having better art.

But to each their own. I'm just glad the game seems to play well and people are buying it. TMNT lives on!

#375 3 years ago
Quoted from Waxx:

I am confused when people say which one is obviously better but then don't list actual differences. What depth do you think Krang is adding? The Krang loop and combos are on the Pro. It is missing a toy that bobs up and down.

I didn't say it was obviously better. I said it was better in my opinion.

And my whole post was a list of the differences.

#456 3 years ago
Quoted from Huggers:

I'm so torn between this and Jurassic Park with Stranger Things in the background niggling at me. What to get....?! I'm pretty average and J-Park looks tough but I loved Maidens rules. Turtles looks super fast and flowy... Argh!

I mean it's up to you. Did you grow up a bigger fan of Jurassic Park than TMNT?

Have you been able to play both of them?

#490 3 years ago
Quoted from RikeIsland:

enjoyed the stream last night. That co-op mode is going to be a blast to play with my daughter.

That's what I'm excited about. Getting the family to work together to beat our own scores. Sounds like a blast.

#593 3 years ago
Quoted from Napoleon:

I hope the topper for this is good. I love the Black Knight topper. Seems like it would be an easy conversion to Turtles. Just make it Shredder's head that moves around and taunts you. Instead of two identical fires behind him in the plastic, make one side Bebop and the other Rocksteady. The main R&D is already done.

Well now if it's anything less than that I'll be disappointed. That sounds amazing.

#709 3 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

people are complaining about the perfect remake theme song,
but you never heard the german version, its so much better

Amazing!

#941 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Or about $3.60 each from the source (which is also likely unlicensed and where the ebay ones are coming from) if you can wait a month for it to show up.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4001095365324.html
These are cuter, IMO, and they have all the turtles, but you'd have to order a bunch for the expensive shipping to make sense:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4001126738915.html

I found some of these that I think look amazing! For $2.99 found here https://geek.wish.com/product/tmnt-teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-keychain-key-ring-583879e1e9b293417fffa5a0?hide_login_modal=true&share=web

back side (resized).pngback side (resized).pngdonn (resized).pngdonn (resized).pngkeychain (resized).pngkeychain (resized).pngleo (resized).pngleo (resized).png
#974 3 years ago
Quoted from RikeIsland:

I thought the reveal with Jack Danger was on the Pro. I will have to check that out thanks.

He did 2 separate streams. I believe the first was on a Pro, and the second was on a Prem/LE.

#1048 3 years ago

Could it because of covid and limited staff? Or is this a pretty common thing with Stern?

#1052 3 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

one of the reasons why i pay a bit to have my distributer bring it into my basement. Anything big wrong hes taking it with him

Yeah unfortunately some of us live nowhere near a distro. So it'll have to be shipped.

1 week later
#1576 3 years ago

But every LE is already made? So if you try to find one you're taking a gamble?

#1716 3 years ago

Cat wants a turn.

#1725 3 years ago
Quoted from Aquapin:

I would love the topper to look something like this:[quoted image]

Those Sideshow statues are hella expensive and only available on the secondary market.

Each goes for about $500. (Except Shredder)

But i would love one that looks like that. Or the original comic book cover.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#1730 3 years ago

I think I'd like it to be Shredder or Krang.

#1735 3 years ago
Quoted from djsoup:

Would be cool to have all the turtles on the topper, and then each one gets lit up for whichever turtle is active during play. Light em all up for Turtle Power Multiball!

I don't mind this idea. Maybe them in the background on a building. With Krang or Shredder up front taunting you.

#1805 3 years ago

I'm pretty torn at the moment. I want the features of a Prem/LE. The glider and turtle van especially. I'm not a huge fan of the Prem side art compared to the LE. And to get an LE i'll have to spend about $3K more and go to the used market.

#1837 3 years ago
Quoted from BackAlleyMatt:

Just finished some of the mods for Turtles. They are available in the Pinside store and on our website. We made Turtle shell action button covers. They come in each of the 4 colors of the turtles and come with a clear button with the extension added to it. Also we have Ooze for the shooter housing and coin door. The long Ooze for the speaker panel will be done soon as well. Many more mods to come to this amazing game.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Awesome!!

#1926 3 years ago
Quoted from mahony:

I agree with that. I have watched every single video on TMNT that exists (not really but close). I have read all forums posts regarding TMNT and I'm saving my review until my machine arrives next week. Just saying I would buy a game I've never played, before I would review a game I've never played.

For games, i feel like you need many many hours on it before you can review it. Pinball or video games.

#1927 3 years ago
Quoted from mahony:

Even though I ordered my TMNT PRO a few weeks ago, for some reason it went from Stern (Chicago) to the distributor (Georgia) and now it's being shipped to my house (California) using Roadrunnner freight which kinda scares me based on reviews I've seen of Roadrunner Freight. My closest distributor wanted $500 more than the guy in Georgia, and I would have had to drive 3.5 hours round trip to pick it up.

Classic Game Rooms?

#1938 3 years ago
Quoted from TheCnyPinGuy:

Anyone by chance have an extra LE flyer for TMNT
stern is out and wanted one to display with my game
Message me if you are able to assist
Thanks

This banner? I messaged Flip N Out awhile back and they had one. Should be arriving today actually.

banner (resized).pngbanner (resized).png
#1940 3 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

How much was that?

$144 total after shipping.

#2292 3 years ago

Curious how the line of Premiums is going to be. I imagine they'll have the guide issue figured out. As well as art around the posts for pooling.

And hopefully the PF art isn't rushed and grainy.

I'm basically ready to order, but want to see the best route. Been leaning on finding a LE. But if premium has most all the issues ironed out, that will probably what I go with.

#2302 3 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Baxter deserved it either way
Rob

How dare you!

#2331 3 years ago

Wonder when the first premiums will start to arrive.

I've very curios how they adjusted things for that run.

#2339 3 years ago

I'd gladly wait an extra few months if my playfield is perfect.

#2368 3 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

Anyone have a good resource for rules overview or tutorial? I'm having a hard time focusing on figuring it out on my own. Videos preferred as I find written rules lack some nuance and descriptive insights.

https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/TMNT-Rulesheet.pdf

nm someone already helped you.

#2548 3 years ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

All this complaining about how April looks, it could have been worse lol. Here is a sketch you can find buried in the software.
[quoted image]

I actually dig that a lot.

#2673 3 years ago

Sounds like a lot if not most of the premiums have the good quality play fields. That is awesome to hear. Hoping to get my order in within the next month.

1 week later
#3052 3 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

I’ve heard nothing. One month so far.

You said you cancelled your order. Yet here you are.

#3190 3 years ago

I dig it. Hope it's not too expensive.

#3267 3 years ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

Here you go my TMNT fans
This is a complete rebuild using Pinball Browser that uses animations from the 1987 TMNT series.
Pro, Premium and LE all available on 1.21.0
Premium and LE are untested as of now, so someone give it a try and let me know how it goes.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tmnt-stern-the-1987-code

Wow. Amazing work!!! A lot of that looks like it was always meant to be that way.

#3285 3 years ago
Quoted from zombieyeti:

Got my Premium TMNT Wednesday! So proud of what the team did on this... Now I just have to learn to suck less at it

Your art puts this pin at another level! I want all 3 translites on my wall. And will probably get a tattoo of some of the characters.

Been a TMNT fan my entire life, and your representation of them may be my absolute favorite.

#3290 3 years ago
Quoted from joelbob:

Thanks for the shoutout!

Any word on the resolution to your playfield?

#3396 3 years ago

TMNT logo on the topper looks to be a separate piece of plastic. I wonder if it can be removed.

#3406 3 years ago
Quoted from johnnyutah:

Looks like the topper has been shown to Stern Insiders. Rest of us should see it soon!

Someone posted a pic of it on page 68 of this thread.

2 weeks later
#3773 3 years ago
Quoted from remf:

They actually responded to mine and is sending a new playfield. Of course it’s unpopulated so who knows when I’ll get around to switching them out...

Do you get to keep both? Or you need to send the bad one back?

4 weeks later
#4276 3 years ago

I'm finally at the point of buying this pin. Leaning towards Premium/LE.

Really want a LE. But would I lose out on warranty fixes and such if I go secondary route?

#4387 3 years ago
Quoted from billrz:

This thread has turned into a tmnt issues thread . Sucks, makes our games look like huge failures. I’ve had zero issues with my le and have well over 1000 games played.
Cowabunga issues thread,not so much hype anymore. Ha

It does kinda feel that way. I'm in the process of getting one. But the amount if things that come up in here does have me a little nervous. Especially with it being my first pin. My lack of knowledge sort of has me a bit worried on if I'll have to fix something right away. But it's a dream theme of mine so there is no other title for me until I have this one first.

But just like with anything, the negative or issues always show up on the forums. The people with no issues aren't going to the forum every day to reiterate that their game is working perfectly.

#4397 3 years ago
Quoted from joelbob:

TMNT is a challenging game but I do feel like I'm improving every time I play it. I have had ZERO issues with my PRO and have no regrets going with it over the Premium/LE.

You ever get a replacement playfield?

#4542 3 years ago

Wouldn't make sense to be all the turtle colors since they don't all use katanas. Would love the other weapons tho. Just pokes out a little to much for my liking. With little kids running around.

Them opening talking about eye in the code should mean they are dropping the topper pretty soon don't you think?

#4584 3 years ago

Well going to cancel my pre-order on that. That's insane. On a topper where you basically will have to remove part of it so the title isn't redundant.

#4611 3 years ago

Well just got my $1,000 invoice from Flip N Out for the topper.

Sad to cancel it. Was thinking it was hard to justify even at $600. But $1000? Can't do it.

#4618 3 years ago
Quoted from protocol_j:

Does this carry a new game mode? It must at that price, right?

It plays PS5 and Xbox Series X games at 4K.

At least that's what I'd expect it to do at that price.

#4651 3 years ago

Stern released the making of video for TMNT.

#4781 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead306:

Has anyone heard anything about when stern will be doing the next run of premiums?

Closest distributor to me just said the soonest he could get a premium was March. I have a feeling I'll have to go that route even tho I'd love to get an LE but with my standing on Pinside I doubt anyone would sell one to a first time buyer.

March is just so far away!

#4790 3 years ago
Quoted from arcadenerd925:

If you can find one within driving distance, "cash on the glass" will never get turned down regardless of limited pinside history. Be an active pinsider, make posts, ask questions, be helpful and you will build a good history quickly. IMHO, selling a game is more about the seller's history, but buying (for me at least) not as much as long as the payment details lack sketchy-ness

That's my problem living where I do. Basically no games near me (<800 miles) and definitely no games that I want.

#4793 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Why not these guys? Advertising a Premium and says same day shipping...
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/104505
This dealer's advertising a NIB Prem in nebraska:
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/101851
Of a private LE still on the pallet:
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/103948
(should be able to get it with a bank wire transfer)

Those are all avengers.

#4799 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Haha. That's what I get for jumping back and forth between threads.
Here's a TMNT Prem from the Flipper Fidelity guy...
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/104768
(should be able to get this using a bank wire transfer if he'll ship)
This TMNT LE SAYS no shipping, but if you do White Glove legs on service with Michelle he'd have to do nothing, you'd handle it all:
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/104021
Another TMNT LE that says no shipping that probably would be attainable with the white glove legs-on no-hassle shipping:
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/103563
You can get a shipping quote for the legs-on white glove shipping here:
Michelle Bianchi
63O-344-3O93 Cell
If you do the legs-on white glove, you have to remind the local carrier to bring the leg protectors (cardboard Ls), blankets and shrink wrap TO THE PICKUP. Make them wrap it in front of the person selling it and have them document it with some cell phone pics at various points as it's wrapped. I've done this legs on white glove as a seller and a buyer probably 10x now and NONE have arrived with issues, but you have to make sure it leaves the seller wrapped properly. Do that and you'll be playing this in your home in 2-3 weeks.

Thanks for all the info. You're too kind. Had to do some googling on what white glove shipping is. The legs on shipping sounded interesting, but if you swear by it I trust you.

Messaged one seller to see if they'd consider it.

And would you recommend escrow.com for the transaction?

#4824 3 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

Saw this, and thought some people with a TMNT might want it for their machine - a Turtles barstool on sale for $30:
https://www.gamestop.com/video-games/arcade/products/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-arcade-stool/11100986.html

It's $30 off. Making it $49.99. Still a great stool and great deal for that price. Have one in front of my TMNT Arcade1up cabinet.

#4863 3 years ago
Quoted from JackOfPots:

Finally got my replacement glider from Stern installed. Glider now working as designed and am able to fully enjoy some Turtles.

How long was your wait?

#4872 3 years ago
Quoted from smokinhos:

Ok.. so I think I'm done modeling my pro. Maybe a piece of mylar or two. Here's the list of mods and pics for anyone who is considering.. i do have the sewer pipe mod on order, but not doing the flaming building. It just seemed like it took over the playfield and hid the ramps too much. Looks super cool though..
Glider
Technodrome
Plastic protectors
Speaker lights
Mutegen container
Clear rubbers install/color flipper bands
Turtle selector
Ramp illumination
Trough illumination
Custom cards
Moved turtle van[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Those are some awesome mods! The turned Van is definitely growing on me.

#4891 3 years ago

So I think I've found one near by(2 hour drive). It's a Pro even tho I was leaning towards a Premium or LE. But is super modded out. For $6K

I'm so excited that I may finally get this game.

#4893 3 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

How modded out? That seems high for a pro.

Upgraded Speakers
Art Blades
Shaker Motor
Krang Toy Mod
Mutagen Tank
Mini Turtle Van on Right Ramp
Technodrome MezelMod
Glider Stopper Mod
Pizza Flippers
Mikey Head Shooter Rod
Flasher Turtle Shells

I may be missing some. He said he has put on just about every mod he thought looked good.

#4913 3 years ago
Quoted from smokinhos:

Depending on how good a deal you can get on a pro.. ive seen them range from routed (w/ Shaker and Krang) to 6200 nib i think. Most used seem to sell between 5200-5500 from what I've seen. So you are pretty close to buying a used machine and paying for all the mods. Shaker, side blades, technodrome, and glider will add up plus all the other mods. As the previous post stated, if you like the mods then its pretty much done for u. It sounds loaded.

I love 95% of the mods. Only thing I'd probably remove as of now is the flasher turtle shells. Some I may have eventually added them to the game. Like the shooter rod and mini van.

But I was planning on putting in most of them. Especially the art blades, shaker motor, glider, and mutagen. The time it would have taken me to do them as a complete newbie basically pays for itself if you ask me.

#4954 3 years ago

The playfield art is the main reason I haven't bought a NIB. At least with used you can inspect the art firsthand.

#4966 3 years ago

What brand of balls do people recommend?

#4974 3 years ago
Quoted from Soulstoner:

I'll be finally joining the club later this week!
Does anyone have pictures of the Stern Side Armor and/or Shooter Rod installed? Considering these for my new machine...

Congrats!! I'm picking mine up on Saturday.

#5007 3 years ago
Quoted from atrainn:

Well these parts turned out great!
[quoted image]

Green armor looks amazing. I'd like to do the same thing but I think I'll have to buy new armor instead since nowhere here will powder coat.

I also have the premium translite for the pro since I like that one better.

#5051 3 years ago
Quoted from BaxterStockman:

Mark my words, I will have this game at least ordered by the end of the year. Until then I'll leave this thread alone until I can officially join.
Will be my first pin.

I TOLD YOU I WOULD GET ONE!!! (Maybe I lied about staying away from this thread.)

Picked mine up this weekend from the original owner. Playfield is perfect! No pooling either.

Looks like I will need to oil up the spinner as I can hear a grinding noise on the spinner.

Also when the multiball starts the shaker (I'm assuming) is really, really noisy. Might have to look into adjusting that. My 3 year old daughter loves the art and the video screen animations. But she tells me it's "too noisy" and plugs her ears when the shaker really starts going off when the multiball starts. I don't know if i need to change the weights or what. Just really loud.

This is my first pin and I am beyond pumped to really start getting into it. Thing is kicking my A$$, but it is soooo fun.

#5077 3 years ago

About to make an order for some shooter rod rubber tips from Marco. What other random pinball parts should I have on hand?

#5088 3 years ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

I LOVE shake effects...this effect at Pizza MB start is shaking along with a super loud grinding sound like the machine is being chewed up. Was thinking it was the motor but its not. Anyways, to each their own. An option to disable or tone down would be nice so all can enjoy it how they like.

Same exact thing with mine. Stern shaker. The rest of the game the shaker is amazing. Just when that mutliball starts it seems like my game is going to break. And like I said my daughter has to cover her ears. I find myself prepping her by saying its going to get a little loud for a little bit so it doesn't scare her.

#5121 3 years ago

Any example of a good digital level someone could link on amazon?

I see some that look like little squares (https://www.amazon.com/Calculated-Industries-7434-AccuMASTER-Inclinometer/dp/B0148M7P4O/ref=sr_1_9)
But I'm not sure those are the best to use or to get one of the longer ones for better accuracy. (https://www.amazon.com/Protractor-Neodymium-V-GROOVE-MAGNETIC-Resistant/dp/B07TXJZX7P/ref=sr_1_9)

#5124 3 years ago

Thanks for the help. I'll probably pick one of the square ones up.

I've noticed that I definitely have been getting some major airballs bouncing off the dimension x and 2X Playfield targets.

I'll have to adjust the spinner it sounds like.

#5128 3 years ago

I couldn't get the app to really work. The calibrating is all weird with white text on yellow. Never gave me a measurement.

I end up giving up on it.

Here is the official stern release of the pizza spinner fix. Though I've heard others use lithium grease and took it apart further.

spinner fix 1 (resized).pngspinner fix 1 (resized).pngspinner fix 2 (resized).pngspinner fix 2 (resized).pngspinner fix 3 (resized).pngspinner fix 3 (resized).png
#5131 3 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Hey guys, finally pulled the trigger and ordered a TMNT LE yesterday. It's an early one, #10. I've done some digging on this thread, and couldn't find much in regards to early LE builds. Any particular issues I should look for or expect with this one?
I know as an LE buyer they typically have more quirks then the Premium's that are built after the LE's so I hope I get a good one

Pretty sure all the playfields have been good on the LEs. As far as the art print quality is concerned. But it wouldn't hurt to look.

Here's a list of a few things I can remember from following this thread:

1. Look for is pooling under some posts.

2. The diverter in the back sometimes rubs. So it may need some adjustments.

3. The glider jittering and not working could be a bad servo.

4. Lots of people need to oil the pizza spinner.

I'm sure there are more.

#5146 3 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I took mine apart and greased the gears. If oiling the nylon washers does the trick, then just stick with that.
It's also important to ensure the pizza wheel is level with the playfield. Use a straight edge like a rule to check.
The only thing I need to do still is make a ramp cover for the center ramp. Sometimes if shot too fast it does not trigger the opto.
Rob

I noticed my pizza spinner when I apply a little pressure to one side it slides and isn't quite level. Are we measuring the resting position of the spinner? Or do I need to make an adjustment to fix the wobbliness of it?

Quoted from joelbob:

I just saw the TMNT armor here. Anyone planning on getting it? Would love to see a picture of it on the pin.
https://www.flipnoutpinball.com/product-page/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-tmnt-armor

I saw those as well and may pull the trigger down the road.

#5161 3 years ago

I can't make the Lair shot on demand either. Probably going to take a long time. Seems like going off the right flipper just has too much power and I'm too slow to lower the upper flipper to trap it in there.

Oddly enough most of my lair shots have come after bouncing off the post next to the right ramp and it ricochets into lair. Hey I'll take it.

#5172 3 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Lair shot is a pretty easy shot backhanding for me. Its a bit tougher off the right flipper for sure. I love this game! Once you get the shots dialed in the game shines. I keep seeing these for sale and i feel its people not playing it enough to get the shots down. Its in your face speed either makes you super pissed or full adrenaline sweetness which is exactly the kind of game i love playing and the code is so fun when you get into it. First game in awhile i havent sold or gotten bored of quickly speaks volumes to me.

Definitely. I'm only a few weeks into owning mine and I'm slowly getting better at it. Some shots I still struggle with. But I can definitely tell the game is slowing down for me. (Like NFL players say)

This game is bolted to my floor.

#5189 3 years ago
Quoted from arcadenerd925:

Nice, wasn't aware of that.

It's so satisfying to land the Donatello skillshot doing that trick. I only land it like once every 20 tries, but once you get the hang of it it'll be really nice.

#5199 3 years ago

Has anyone found a figure small enough for it to fit on the Pro Glider mod?

Think these would work?

#5264 3 years ago

Has anybody done experienced the differences in the shaker motor after the update? Haven't had a chance to play it yet.

#5273 3 years ago

That was fast!!

PRO V1.41 - December 23, 2020
=============================
Fixed:
- Fixed a GI lamp show issue where if you kill HALF SHELL CHALLENGE with the
left flipper button + start button at the right time and then start a new
regular game the lamp effect may continue.

#5293 3 years ago
Quoted from StarWarsTurtles:

TMNT Mods for the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle Stern 2020. These are on my Pro. Had to dress it up a little and change a few things on it. Some of the Mods you will recognize from Mezel Mods and others. Others are my doing like the Raphael Sia mounted on the left ramp so the the ball passes under it. It is solid polished metal with the handle wrapped in Red and Black with the matching chrome Ramp mount as well. Just zip ties on. Looks like it should have been there. Similar to Deadpools Katana. It is $115 plus shipping. The Sewer Pipe is a work still progress on the right ramp, lit inside. One of the things I noticed on the original game were that there are the four colored playfield lights that correspond to the Turtles at the beginning while choosing them. The 2 Turtle plastics by the bottom 2 lights dont correspond to their colors. I found a set of Turtles that you can mount next to each corresponding light and come with a Sewer Platforms to just silicone them in place. No harm to the original plastics. They are $40 a set and look great as the lights show each one off. The Mousers came with a Samurai Turtle figure.
The DIY Mods that most can do are removing the Turtle Van since it is just a toy on the Pro, drilling it for lights, silicone it at the angle shown which will leave room for the Turtles Parking Only sign that mounts in original Van mounting hole. I just used aluminum rod and a Photo paper sign. You can now see the Sewer plastic that was covered by the van originally. Krang was purchased on Ebay and wired with lights as is common as is finding Raphael on Ebay for the glider. The light up decals on the apron are the originals that come with it as they do light up. I just carefully traced around them and peeled them off and mounted them back on some clear polycarbonate that is about 1/4 larger all around. I then cut out the plastic where they were just a little smaller than the decals, sanded the edges, and back mounted the decals and polycarbonate with silicone. I ran LEDS from the front apron lights to light them up. If you have any questions or comments let me know if I can help you with these. Thats what we are here for! Have fun Modding!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

What size of figure did you search on ebay to get that one for the glider?

#5375 3 years ago
Quoted from Yobits:

Finally received my tmnt LE
After 6 month wait
Sad to say I did receive a poor quality playfield
Build was july,
And distributor would not sell me the shooter rod when they seen it was faulty when they trued to install it
But apart from that plays great
Wife is addicted already
Game is fast and hard
Also can someone please tell me what the loud beep is and how to disable it, not sure what it's for, maybe free credit or something as there is just this loud beep that happens now and again when play has ended. It ignites the volume setting which are low.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I'm so sorry. I thought the LEs were immune from the printing issues.

Can you give an example of the beep?

If it is the Match/Free Credit after gameplay, you can change the Knocker Volume to low. It's Standard Adjustment #44.

#5424 3 years ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

Brilliant! Are those clay? Very talented. My son started sculpting clay and has made some amazing things...he's love the Krang and Baxter.

They look like Neca figures.

I love the Krang and Baxter ones. Wish they were available in my area.

#5431 3 years ago

Been doing a little bit of modding recently.

I added the RGB Mezel Mod for turtle select. Another very easy mod and it looks pretty great.

I'm in the process of adding the Mezel Mod CLIP green plastic protectors and am really loving how it looks so far. Some of it I'm a little scared on how to get to them and may not do them for a while. Removing the wireforms and ramps is really intimidating.

Here is a quick glimpse at it. The green plastic really pops.

I've got a long way to go. But it has been a lot of fun.

I also took some advice from someone on here and bought some flash gel filters to do the cheap version of the color episode mod. I love it. And super easy for a newb like me. To me it is the type of mod that the final result seems like it could have come with the game to begin with. You can see it in action in the video above.
https://amazon.com/gp/product/B01N2G4RBN/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

1 (resized).png1 (resized).png
#5468 3 years ago
Quoted from RoyalJack:

I tried out Final Battle mode again last night and don't have any spoken dialog in the opening video scene on version 1.41 on premium. Anyone else with this issue? xaqery I LOVE this freaking game!

I was going to say something. I've only played the mode once or twice. Recently mine doesn't have any dialogue during the opening. Thought that was a bit odd.

#5473 3 years ago

I think I'm going to get some HD glass.

What is everyone's recommendations?

VooDoo Glass?
Stern HD?
Something else?

#5495 3 years ago
Quoted from acons017:

Does anyone have the technodrome mod or the RGB Raph ramp light mod from Mezel Mods? Would love to see a video before buying it. Thanks dudes

Here is a video of cycling through the Turtles and the lights that appear. It has the technodrome in it but it isn't blinking during the selection.

Here is a video with the technodrome that shows blinking.

#5501 3 years ago

I really wanted an LE or a premium. I loved the art package the most on the LE. But couldn't afford it and didn't want to deal with all the issues the premium/LE owners have been dealing with.

So I found a Pro nearby. No regrets.

#5510 3 years ago
Quoted from Wallofnoise:

Yep, she says Bar It Up Shop on Etsy. Here’s a closeup daytime pic when I unwrapped it.
[quoted image]

That sign is insane!! Too bad it's completely sold out on their Etsy shop.

#5545 3 years ago
Quoted from Soulstoner:

Green plastic protectors look fantastic! Where did you get that set from?

Looks like the Mezel Mod set.

I'm in the middle of putting them on mine. They really do pop! Just hesitant to get to some of the ones that are under ramps and wireforms.

#5609 3 years ago
Quoted from Blackzarak:

I think people bought the game because it’s a great theme and family friendly but realize it’s Quite challenging, I’m assuming kids and wife get Frustrated and they sell for that reason. I honestly love turtles it’s super fun specially when you get into a flow fest with all shots it has, I might get Scold for saying this but I like it better than avengers that’s just my opinion.

This is the first pinball my wife has ever really played. She loves it. And I think it's because of how challenging it is. I think it also helps that I suck at it as well. So we both are struggling together. If I was dropping huge scores on her over and over I doubt she'd be having much fun.

And us working together in co-op is soooo good.

#5615 3 years ago
Quoted from Scandell:

I’m in
[quoted image]

Nice!!!

#5650 3 years ago

Heads up to people wanting to add the Mezel mod green plastics AND the mutagen.

The height of the mutagen on the right side with the added height from the plastic makes it too tall to fit.

Found out the hard way when sliding the glass back on. broke the mutagen at the base. Luckily it was just a tiny part at the base and was easily able to super glue it back on. Can't even tell.

Ended up ordering some shorter hex spacers from Marco so it would fit.

Mad that I didn't even think about it when installing the plastic set. But glad it didn't do much damage.

#5654 3 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

thanks for mentioning

agree the problem lays with the targets now being vertical instead of the 1990's where they use to lean forward. The other issue is they have lowered a little so the ball is practically inline with the target rivet which decreases from the just bending the target forward.
check out my link, even just to read up on my approach where my bracket tilts the target 5 degrees forward and lifts the target up 2mm. These are not the cheapest but are 3D printed metal and going strong
https://www.shapeways.com/product/GRBNG4DQK/stern-target-bracket-v2-5deg2mm?optionId=63971960&li=marketplace

Which ones would you recommend for TMNT?

#5670 3 years ago
Quoted from smokinhos:

I was messing around with the full set of plastic protectors. Really brought a nice glow.. but almost too much. I dialed it back a little. Pulled the off the turtles near the flippers and both side plastics "lair" and "april". It toned it back some to my liking. With the van turned and robot upgrade it also lessened the glow, but I think in a good way. I included some pics.. before and after. Note that I had the slime protectors and slings done prior and all clear rubbers. Before pic and partial install.
[quoted image][quoted image]
Completed pics...
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Yeah I've considered dialing it back a little. But it's growing on me. The only one I don't think I like is the april channel 6 one. Mostly because the art is pretty transparent so it ads a yellow tint to the art.

I haven't gotten to taking off the van. Too intimidating right now.

#5692 3 years ago

I'm not good at this game. At all. But in flashes I have good games and when you're dialed in, it feels fantastic. When I hit a combo I feel so freakin satisfied.

Getting a Max Krang Combo is so hard. But when you hit it all in a row. You feel like a god.

Cowabunga mode will be a carrot dangling out in front that I may never reach. But I'll keep trying to grab it.

#5705 3 years ago
Quoted from Vermont:

I ordered the clip protector set from Mezel Mods (https://mezelmods.com/collections/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-pinball-stern/products/clip-protector-set-teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles?variant=32547545743457)
However, it doesn't come with instructions like their other mods. (I also got the Technodrome and colored ramp lights; the lights are really sweet.) Does anyone have any recommendations on how to go about installing it? This is my first pin and I'll admit that this mod is a bit intimidating given the amount of disassembly, pieces, and random extras that I'm not sure where I will use.

Yeah it is quite intimidating. It is my first pin as well.

I ordered the same CLIP set from mezel mods. I've been slowly adding more and more. I haven't gotten brave enough to get the stuff under the van or in the very back, or under the ramps. I've added a ton of stuff but may add more later if I'm brave enough. I'm digging how it's looking tho.

Be aware that the added height when putting other mods in as well. The mutagen when mounted on the right side is too tall. So I got some shorter hex spacers.
I also noticed that on the left side the wire form was pressing against the plastic and not able to have the proper angle. Wife had an airball that landed right in the wire form and without the momentum coming down the ramp it was stuck there. So I used shorter hex spacers there too. Seemed to have fixed that issue.

#5706 3 years ago
Quoted from Vermont:

Someone previously suggested setting it to 2, which I agree with. Feels fair and avoids frustration. Highly recommended.

I suggest setting it to 3 actually. Sometimes the ball just comes out slow and has some odd bounces where you don't even have a chance at it. But that's just me.

#5708 3 years ago
Quoted from Thomas3184:

I used to have it set to 3 but changed to 2 as well. At 3 I can get a quick release, brick the right ramp, drain and still get a ball save.

Sounds good to me. haha

#5712 3 years ago

I've been using Ninja for as long as I've had it. And the previous owner put about 1000 games on it with them too.

No issue with them yet.

#5719 3 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

hoping you changed them out at least twice!

Why is that? The balls get bad or something?

#5752 3 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

I love the game (it's tough!). Not sure I want to dive into $1000 topper territory for no extra mode either. My son and I might get creative. I have no idea how this will turn out, but in theory there will be a fading greens led strip(s) and then another white strip activated by the pops. Crude animation attached.
I'm not sure if I can pull it off but part of me wants to try.
Side note, if someone every decided to make a homemade blank topper mount that secures into the existing Stern holes, that'd be the best damn creation.
[quoted image]

Those statues are awesome. Combined they are worth more than $1K. But they surely look a million times better than the one stern is selling.

#5754 3 years ago

Actually they're only about $50 each. They are based on the opening credits of the 1988 cartoon which is why they have the rooftops. I didn't want figures. No reason to have them ever move.

Oh my bad. I thought those were the Sideshow collectibles. Which run about $500 a piece.

Which ones are those?

#5791 3 years ago

Was under the playfield this weekend and noticed this connector next to the green light up by the pop bumpers. Not sure if I need to learn to solder to get it back on there or if I can just tape it up with electrical tape.

Any tips?

PXL_20210130_045513125 (resized).jpgPXL_20210130_045513125 (resized).jpgPXL_20210130_045610037 (resized).jpgPXL_20210130_045610037 (resized).jpg
#5797 3 years ago

Any recommendations for soldering irons? They all kinda look the same to me.

#5801 3 years ago

Thanks for the tips. I'll get one ordered.

#5858 3 years ago

What are the best tips on adjusting the pizza spinner?

Quoted from yoyokopter:

Hi the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles fan , my last mod for the TMNT , you can see here some prototype pictures and a vidéo in my pinball
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/yoyokopter-mod-development-and-reviews-thread/page/2#post-6080836

That turtle com is unbelievable! Awesome work.

#5874 3 years ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

Got to Final Battle last night. 2nd time ever! Kinda bummed though that there are no voice lines at the start of the wizard mode. Hopeful for a code update soon!

Yeah it doesn't do it when you go directly to it either.

I haven't had the game long so I don't know if there are supposed to be lines there from earlier code.

#5930 3 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

That's a very rare bug which has been around a while. I don't know how to reproduce it.
Rob

Yeah after hundreds of plays I had it happen randomly once. I thought I had cradled the ball and looked away to my daughter next to me and look back and the ball drained and the flippers were down. Some lights were off and the screen looked identical to that.

Very odd. Took like 10 seconds and it finally registered that the ball drained. Hope it doesn't get worse and start to happen more.

#5933 3 years ago

That is an awesome price! Ordered them to build my own topper as well.

Quoted from acons017:

I find it helps to also time the dropping of the left flipper so the ball doesn’t bounce out. This will significantly help you make more lair shots since it tries to bounce out more often than not.
A lot of people use only the left flipper to make that shot. Once it’s sitting on the left flipper, tap the left flipper gently so it rolls partially up the left inlane. Keep the left flipper up, and once the ball rolls to about 1/2 or 3/4 up the flipper, you can backhand it into the lair.

That is a really good strat to get to the lair!! Tried it when I got home from work and got it on my first try. (of course the next 5 I couldn't get, but that's because I suck) I had been using the right flipper and it just has such force that even if you trap it in there it gets wedged by the flipper. Sometimes you can nudge it enough to get it back in there. Definitely can make it, just seems like it flies so fast that it only lands a few of them. But then again. I suck.

#5939 3 years ago

NICE.....
I’ll let you know. Two types at bases I’m planning on trying arrive Friday. We’ll see how they fit. I’ll document it all.

Can't wait to see your results. I'll probably replicate it.

#5958 3 years ago

Here’s the shelf. Need 24x8 steel
Made in USA by DIY CARTEL -... amazon.com link »
Lighting I have kind of planned. Open to ideas but want to use Rock Custom Pinball’s power supply since it doesn’t utilize game power, but uses the service outlet.[quoted image]

Is there a reason you went with that one and not a black one like this: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B085TF5SL6/ref=crt_ewc_title_huc_1

#5965 3 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

FRESH. NEW. SDTM.
The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (TMNT) In-Depth Pinball Machine Review

Nice! Watching now. Thanks

#6036 3 years ago
Quoted from TTARider:

Didn't like any of the offerings out there for flipper toppers, so I've made my own.. Check em out[quoted image]

They look like they'd fit great with the black rubbers and official Stern armor!

#6040 3 years ago
Quoted from TTARider:

Here they are installed.. and ironically enough I was also installing the side armor today.. maybe i'll redo the toppers with a purple-ish hue?
Liking it though!
[quoted image]

Nice.

Do you have some sort of sticker around the art at the bottom right and left? Or does that come with the stern armor?

#6051 3 years ago

Black shelf is in! Home brew TMNT Topper is almost complete.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Good work with the mounting of the sewer cover. I was trying to think how I was going to do it. Had considered some velcro or mounting tape.

So do you just have the metal magnetically connected to the top of the machine? Same goes for the figures?

I'm just getting my stuff in the mail and will be working on my topper soon.

#6056 3 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Do they make a Splinter that matches your toppers Turtles? I think Splinter in the middle with a light that comes on when Lair is lit for training would be much better then those pizza boxes.

Nobody has really attempted Splinter as far as a statue. There is one from sideshow from the newer tmnt movies. which are an abomination.

Somebody made a custom figure quite a few years ago that looks really good. But I don't believe it's for sale.
http://loosecollector.blogspot.com/2015/10/master-splinter-tmnt.html
splinter (resized).pngsplinter (resized).png

Cowabunga. Imagine if I could light Splinter’s sword.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Man I'm jealous. No Targets near me and that Baxter Stockman looks sooo awesome. All those NECA figures to be honest.

#6080 3 years ago

Yeah the 3 in one is the way to go. Have added it to my spinner a couple times and it seems to really reduce the grinding sound.

#6082 3 years ago

Quick question. So I recently switched the default mode to Cooperative because my wife starts our games but always forgets to switch to coop first.

So if I play a 1 player game in coop mode. If I get a high score, does it count as a single player high score? Or do I have to be in that mode for it to register?

#6086 3 years ago
Quoted from cabal:

one player in coop will count as coop score and not a normal single game. That's the reason i switched to default settings back again.
had some very good single player games, but they did only count to coop mode. Maybe this could be enhancement in future code updates. If only 1 player in coop just count it as single player.

Thanks! I think I'll change it back again then.

#6107 3 years ago

Whatever it is. I need it!

#6118 3 years ago

I have the technodrome and was debating on turning the van so it looked like it was driving away from it.

I do see the cutouts that it has for the van so it might not look the best. Just need something that looks like explosions to cover it up.

#6123 3 years ago

Mine is coming together pretty well. I'm really happy with it. Still need a TMNT sign at the top.

Used some magnets and base to easily remove it. These worked great. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08B8BJP8V/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00

This is the shelf I used. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B085T177TF/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o07_s00

PXL_20210223_232330534 (resized).jpgPXL_20210223_232330534 (resized).jpg

Thanks for the tips.

#6129 3 years ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

For those of you making this glorious topper....what is the height of it? I have my machines in a spot in my basement where there is an overhead vent so I only have about 7 inches of space on top. Looks too big? ):

The Tall figures (Raph and Mike) are 10" tall. The short ones (Leo & Don) are 7.5". And that's not including the metal base or magnets. The sewer cover can be adjusted however you want since it's just a big circle.

#6130 3 years ago
Quoted from BaxterStockman:

Mine is coming together pretty well. I'm really happy with it. Still need a TMNT sign at the top.
Used some magnets and base to easily remove it. These worked great. amazon.com link »
This is the shelf I used. amazon.com link »
[quoted image]
Thanks for the tips.

Update on those magnets. The magnets are extremely powerful. However the 3M adhesive they have that came with it does not work very well. I may try them again but let them sit a little before putting them back up there at that angle.

Came home to Mike on the floor as well as the sewer cover. the others were still up there but Raph was leaning forward. Good thing they weren't too heavy since Mike definitely fell on the glass.

#6145 3 years ago

Looks like there is a price for that Stern box. $49.96. No idea when it'll actually be up for sale tho.

#6173 3 years ago

After seeing it recommended earlier in the thread. I replaced a few targets with the shapeways target brackets. https://www.shapeways.com/product/GRBNG4DQK/stern-target-bracket-v2-5deg2mm?productConfiguration=63971960&etId=198233717&utm_source=automated-contact&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=order-shipped&utm_content=2

targets (resized).pngtargets (resized).png

Even after leveling the pizza spinner I was still getting a bunch of airballs. This has helped a ton!!

I've also added some stickers from the TMNT lootcrate a while back.(Cowabunga, Shell Shock, & Attack!) They are puffy stickers so it adds a little bit of depth to them. I'm sure some won't like them. But I really like them. Very retro feel. Since they are from the arcade game.
Shell Shocked (resized).pngShell Shocked (resized).pngattack (resized).pngattack (resized).pngcowabunga (resized).pngcowabunga (resized).png

As well as Bebop and Rocksteady figures to the back corners to their respective loops. Even tho Rocksteady is kinda hard to see. I may remove the big pizza eventually.
rocksteady (resized).pngrocksteady (resized).png

Will update with my topper eventually when I have the magnets properly fashioned to the bottom of the statues. May even put the mutagen pizza up there with them. To make the playfield a little less busy.

playfield (resized).pngplayfield (resized).png
#6176 3 years ago
Quoted from plasticbugs:

Thanks for linking this bracket. I tried bending mine forward after some wild airballs. One wound up going over the Van. Seems like this bracket is a better solution. I might just get two and call it done.

I replaced the two dimension x targets, the 2x playfield, and the pizza topping one.

I tried replacing the add time/pizza topping big target, but it raised it too high and it would have clicked with the plastic every time.

That one really didn't cause airballs but just wanted to try and be consistent with all the targets. Oh well.

#6183 3 years ago

I ordered the same ones for all of them.

And I just pulled all the old ones out and they are identical.

#6189 3 years ago
Quoted from acons017:

Dude I love your mods. I just found the TMNT loot crate stickers on eBay and bought them. I’m going to replicate your side art. How are you liking the stickers on there?

I actually really like the stickers. Had a hard time thinking of a spot for the Shell shock sticker. But figured next to the turtle select was the best spot. It's kind of a deadzone for the side art. And if the next turtle's turn is up, then that means the turtle before just drained/died. Thus the shell shock.

Quoted from acons017:

Also if you’re nostalgic (which I think you are if you bought a TMNT machine), check out Delt31’s code. He replaced the music with music from the NES/SNES games and the movies. Absolutely love his code.

Yeah I have seen that code. I haven't gotten around to installing that code yet. Have debated on learning how to do that and editing it myself to add more SNES and NES visuals. (Like the turtle select from Turtles in Time)

#6197 3 years ago
Quoted from J-Freeze:

Was supposed to just be a quick game this afternoon, caught a hot one!
Still somehow never got a max Krang, so no Cowabunga, completed final battle and still had another ball but couldn't get Krang.
Factory 3-ball game.[quoted image]

Amazing. Nice work.

#6200 3 years ago
Quoted from Ozzy:

Hello everyone. Just purchased a new tmnt premium. It is not in the box(delivery person could not fit in his vehicle). Game has never been set up or played. Still has all the factory straps, wrapping etc.. change of plans and looking to move. Open to offers. Located in boca raton fl

May I ask why you bought it if you don't intend to ever set it up and play it?

#6203 3 years ago
Quoted from Ozzy:

Things happen

I hear ya. Godspeed.

#6207 3 years ago

I know someone fixed it in the 1987 code.

#6213 3 years ago

It works on the 1987 code version. So if it goes on too long and it doesn't seem like they are going to fix it. I'm sure we can do it ourselves. Just gotta learn Pinbrowser.

#6230 3 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

There's one particular (ugly) April animation that I wish could be re-done, but I don't think that will happen.
Rob

That one and the static floating baxter stockman could use a little work. But really a lot of the animations are awesome.

#6238 3 years ago
Quoted from Bou-Da:

New retro style game from Tribute Games, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder's Revenge.
Mike Patton is the one singing the TMNT theme song!

Game looks awesome! A day 1 buy for me. I am a huge fan of their Streets of Rage 4 game. Can't wait.

#6253 3 years ago
Quoted from bossk4hire:

Picking up a pro tomorow!

Congrats! You won't regret it. I had originally planned to get a premium or LE. But decided against it. Absolutely love it and it really doesn't seem like you're missing out on much.

#6272 3 years ago

That is so awesome! Nice work man!

#6300 3 years ago

Topper magnet testing. To the extreme!

PXL_20210316_221613971 (resized).jpgPXL_20210316_221613971 (resized).jpg
#6308 3 years ago
Quoted from IronMan8Bit:

Any news on what the issue with the Turtle Power Mb is? I just got my brand new Premium machine made last month and the first time I got to that MB my game froze! lol It's running 1.41 code too.

Did you check for magnetic balls?

#6337 3 years ago
Quoted from dung:

Been playing my le. Like the game but fuck borg for the lair shot have had the glass off for half an hour now. Shot geometry is bad.

Practice backhanding it. I don't even try to hit it with the right flipper anymore.

#6345 2 years ago

Backhanding that shot is probably my second most satisfying shot behind the center ramp.

Odd how people defend a single game and all of a sudden we're Borg fanboys. We like the game. Relax.

And criticizing us for buying a game that you yourself own the most expensive version of is a little comical.

#6359 2 years ago
Quoted from PinHead50:

That's a nice upgrade but holy crap $18 for a 12cent L bracket

Yeah I was a bit hesitant myself with the price. But they really do help. This game is so freakin fast and I thought it was normal getting the amount of airballs that I was. Nope. With those brackets they are much reduced. It was getting crazy.

#6360 2 years ago
Quoted from SKlope2dinde:

Hello guys,
I will present myself because it's the first time for me that I'm posting here.
So, I'm Maximilien, a french guy and I bought a TMNT pro model last summer. To be honnest, I'm quite new in this hobby and I don't have friends owning other pinball machines but since I was young I was always attracked by those crazy, loudy and shinny machines. Now I'm 35 and I watched a lot of streams (Thx to Jack ) in order to choose which one I will get and at the end I took the plunge with the TMNT
No regrets at all!!!
For sure with the asymetric game design I'm learning a lot and playing Coop mod with my brother and parents it's so much fun.
The half-shell challenge helps me a lot to train myself, I was so happy when I saw that release end of last year.
On your side what do you think about that additional game mod? Are you playing also usually the coop mod?
My favorite shot is the 2 balls cradled for the Lair shoot, I was impressed when I watched it on stream but at the end it's quite easy. And like BaxterStockman center loop is also one of my favorite shots, It's not easy but so satifying, you can feel in your hands the weight of the ball during the loop if the speed is there, so cool!
I discovered also something that I was not expecting at the begining: It's all the mods that you can installed in order to customize your pinball machine (I'm really a newby ^^).
As I'm a little bit handyman it was a real pleasure to do it! So I installed the shaker, some lights (under the flippers but also on the top of the playfield), plastic ramp protection for the center loop in order to reduce the number of airballs, lot's of other things and I'm not done yet ^^
But last thing I have installed is the PinWoofer pack for TMNT in order to get a better audio, and it's really amazing!!!!!
You can setup the bass frequency and volume but also tribbles and cabinet volume as well. To be honnest I have passed more time to setup the perfect configuration for me than to installed this audio pack. And for that I have to thanks Dan from PinWoofer who helped me on this task giving me video turorial and instruction documents, I never felt alone during this installation .
Anyway, I'm waiting the delivery of my next mod now, the Speaker light kit and I'm wondering if I will buy the Pinstadium Neo fusion after that. What do you think about that purchase?
Thanks a lot for your answers.
So, sorry for this long post, but dudes, I'm so happy with this game that I have to share my feelings in this thread
I'm leaving you with a picture of my TMNT pro model.
Have a nice day, it's pizza time dudes !!
[quoted image]

I will tell you. Modding the game is very addictive. I've added a bunch and am always looking to change or add something else. Trying not to go overboard. But I'm sure it's too late.

I'm debating on pinstadiums myself. But it seems like they come in soo much on the sides.

1 week later
#6396 2 years ago
Quoted from Heavyk:

Hi everyone got my TMNT pro last week, and have been playing it quite a bit. Now that I've got about 200 plays under my belt, this is usually when I start looking at mods. I was wondering what are some of everyone's favorite mods for this machine. I know a lot of people put pinstadiums on it, but what else?

My favorites:
Technodrome
Green CLIP Plastic Protector Set
Mutagen Container
Krang Toy Mod
Glider Stopper
RGB Ramp light mod.

#6401 2 years ago

So I'm experiencing a new issue.

The right ramp lock doesn't seem to be working.

During coil tests it does activate. However during the activation of the Turtle Power mutliball or April Hurry Up it no longer stops the ball.

There is some sort of humming noise. But it doesn't activate. The multiball still starts and I get credit for the hurry up. It just doesn't stop the ball to play the animation.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

#6403 2 years ago

I can manually do the coil with my finger and it lines up fine. Same with when doing the coil test.

#6406 2 years ago

I swear I remember someone mentioning earlier in this thread about doing the opposite. And lowering the plunger power and it having the adverse affect and fixing the issue.

1 week later
#6438 2 years ago
Quoted from RoyalJack:

I finished my DIY topper. Thank you everyone here that helped with the suggestions and links! I'll be trying to add lighting soon!

Love the topper! Mine is similar. However I spaced the turtles a little differently. I'm sure I'll move them around a dozen times before I'm 100% happy with it.

Had to order the Stern box on ebay as the only walmart is an hour away and the last time I was through they didn't have any. Hate paying the inflated ebay prices. But that was basically my only option.

2 weeks later
#6493 2 years ago

Anybody have a link to a good adjustment tool? I feel like I'm going to need one of those in the future.

Thanks.

#6507 2 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

That shooter rod looks like a groinal injury waiting to happen.
Rob

Or a head injury for my kids.

#6542 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_H:

Hi all! First time post, long time lurker ! I just got my first pin, nib TMNT pro last friday. Absolutely having a blast! Love it to bits.
Although tonight I notice the up post on the top left orbit seems to be feeling weird during gameplay. When I hold the left flipper up and plunge, 50% will go all the way around and 50% will be stopped by the post up - even though I'm holding the left flipper up.
I feel when I've hit some shots up the right and left orbit it also hits the post being up. It just feels like tonight its been up blocking shots that in the last few days wouldn't.
Any ideas as to why and how I can address this? Hopefully an easy fix. I did a coil test and it fires it off. It goes up then after a few other things gets tested, it comes back to it and goes down. Tried doing a little digging in the forum but not coming across anything yet.
Cheers.

I've experienced this as well. Mostly only on the 1st ball tho. Ball 2 and 3 I definitely get to go all the way around. But when doing a character select with the left flipper and holding it down then plunging the ball usually doesn't go all the way around.

#6544 2 years ago
Quoted from dinot:

I don't have my machine yet, but I know in Iron Man for example, holding the left flipper button while plunging lowers the Up-post at the top of the orbit. This is by design.

Right. But holding it down on ball 1 doesn't work 100% of the time.

While it does work 100% of the time on ball 2 and 3 for me.

#6562 2 years ago

There is a sewer pipe mod that fixes that for people having that issue.

I've never had that problem on mine, but still have considered getting the mod because it looks cool.

#6569 2 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

I think there’s only a sewer pipe mod for the left ramp. On my Pro, I can fly off the center ramp if I nail it on the fly. Will usually end up in the shooter lane or fly over my right flipper into the drain.

There is a clear plastic for the center ramp if it's flying off before it gets to the wireform. Not sure if there is a right side pipe mod.

#6609 2 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

It almost seems like the game kind of got skipped over by a lot of people because of the timing of the release. It shoots really good, the call outs and music are great, and it's quite a challenging game overall. I think the game could still use some balancing for both scoring and objectives but what's there is pretty fun to play.

I think it's the initial difficulty of the game. It's a punishing game. So I can see the casual player not being as on board with the game.

I want a hard game. I want it to take forever to master. And the theme is perfect. My dream theme.

#6611 2 years ago
Quoted from Vermont:

My getting to Cowabunga on three balls with one turtle may indeed take forever. Or never! I finally made it to final battle on coop last night and it felt like quite the accomplishment.

Well I can barely make it to team up with 4 player co-op so you're doing pretty good for yourself. haha.

#6619 2 years ago
Quoted from TheBeefSupreme:

I was at a bar the last weekend and played some coop on TMNT with two other friends. We had an absolute blast and I just placed an order for a Pro. Excited to join the community and learn the game better!

Awesome!! It's such a fun game. Co-op is a game changer.

#6628 2 years ago

The guy I bought mine from upgraded the speakers already so I'm not sure which ones are in there. I do like the look of the LE speaker lights. Haven't been a huge fan of the triangle lights for some reason.

1 week later
#6688 2 years ago
Quoted from bazou:

Hi folks
Just noticed this plot in the right out lane has no rubber.
Seems surprising to me and can't manage to find any stock picture from stern showing this exact location from a good angle.
Could someone confirm please
Thanks!
[quoted image]

Didn't have one on mine, but put a new green one on from a pack I got. Didn't think the ball needed to be hitting the metal. It slows it down going in the trough.

#6714 2 years ago
Quoted from dinot:

How often do you folks have to oil the pizza spinner? Just curious. I had to oil mine the other night. I got this machine 2 weeks ago. Previous owner said he oil the spinner (but I don't know when). The spinner was good for me for 2 weeks. After oiling it, I am good. Just wondering how often I'll end up doing this.
Thanks.

I've done it twice now after a couple of months. Sometimes it depends on how loud i have the game so it seems louder.

#6746 2 years ago

Kudos on that hard work making the swap. That sounds like a nightmare to me.

The new one looks way better!

#6752 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I didn't realize that some early TMNT had print quality issues. The NIB premium I recieved a week back looks like this. From what I can tell this looks good? Just wanted to ask as my games build date is from August, 2020. Pics taken from cell phone camera, could be better, picture cropped.
[quoted image]

Yours looks great. The problem with some peoples was they were super grainy and streaky. Really distracting if you see it. You can't unsee it.

#6800 2 years ago

I am in love with that Krang mod!!! wow it big just like super krang!

#6815 2 years ago
Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

Just added a TMNT pro to the collection. Question does anyone know under which setting changes pizza multiball into virtual locks. Instead of the ball locking in the van thanks.

Balls don't lock inside the van on the Pro. That's a premium and LE feature.

#6845 2 years ago

Just added some sweet nuclear/ooze drink holders courtesy of @garretswinning.

I liked the green, but on the game the ooze is pink. Couldn't make up my mind so I got both. My daughter loves having the pink one for her and the green one for me.

PXL_20210612_185256487 (resized).jpgPXL_20210612_185256487 (resized).jpgPXL_20210612_190224483 (resized).jpgPXL_20210612_190224483 (resized).jpg
#6866 2 years ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

no issues reposting...sorry I missed this! I play the pops purposely on any ball unless I am going for a triple mondo or max Krang combo. You can get all kinds of great rewards beyond extra ball as well. I always remind my kids not to always hold left flipper when plunging for this reason which is unique to this game.

Sometimes I drain so fast that the ball save lets me complete and get a multiplier by completing the lights at the two paths up there by the pops. (sorry for terrible terminology)

But I don't think I've really purposely played for the pop bumpers.

I also tend to only hold the left flipper down when trying to do the Donatello skillshot.

#6874 2 years ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

Finally made it to COWABUNGA! Today on a one player game. Man this pin is just a blast to play once you get in the groove. The Cawabunga! Wizard mode was pretty cool to play and it was worth a lot of points. I earned 3 extra balls throughout this game so I had plenty of chances to get everything done. This was on factory settings and around 7.0 degrees on a pro.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Holy moly! Nice work. Very impressive!

#6894 2 years ago

That plastic logo cost you about $200. And you removed it?!?!?!

/s

It does look a lot better without it up there.

2 weeks later
#6943 2 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Wow, you’re out on only five plays on a top 3 game??? One of the best layouts and code ever designed. Don’t be so hasty, lol. TMNT is a real winner! (Clubs are not the place to post games for sale, as we all already have one and love it.)

Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Can someone confirms, by default, the post on the right outlane is set to the bottom (closest to player).

Mine was not. I think on a lot of pros it was set to the upper spot. Making it easier to drain I assume for locations.

I changed it to the lower spot.

2 weeks later
#7052 2 years ago

When it comes out of the lair the ball save flashing is on.

Now I wish I hadn't picked it up off of ebay a while back.

3 weeks later
#7161 2 years ago
Quoted from dashv:

I highly recommend pinmonks light gels:
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1170-pin-monk/03944-tmnt-mode-light-bracket-set-9-inserts
These greatly reduce the stably white blinding ness of the game. He also has one for the “turtle power” light.

If you don't want to spend the money on pinmonk gel set I recommend buying a cheap pack of the color gels and taping them under there. You can mix and match colors and customize it exactly how you want. I believe I posted pictures a while back.

1 week later
#7226 2 years ago

Oh man I can't wait to see some new April animations!!

That and Baxter Stockman flying is pretty bad. Just seems so out of place compared to the others.

#7236 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I've recently been commissioned by a TMNT topper owner who asked if I could create a replacement Technodrome that actually illuminated for the topper. After a week or so of design and test printing I was able to design the attached which closely replicates the OEM model, but it actually illuminates.
What you see is the final version of the model, but I've not yet shipped to the buyer who will actually install it by soldering the wires to one of the existing SMD light boards used in the topper. He is going to figure out which topper LED makes the most sense to tie into, then provide photos/video of the installed mod.
The reason I'm posting today is to engage interest from other TMNT topper owners. My plan is to do a single run of these in bulk once we have it installed and tested. After the first run, I might be willing to do an additional run down the road, but my hope would be to capture everyone who wants one in the initial round.
Pricing for the mod including the integrated lighting and wire (you will have to solder onto an existing LED board - I will provide recommendations for which one and instructions for doing so) will be $75 shipped within US and will ship outside of the US on a per quote basis.
Please PM me if you are interested in being placed on the pre-order list. At this time no money is required, and I'm probably at least 3-4 weeks from the point where I'll be ready to produce them. When the time comes, I'll provide a final deadline and will contact each person on the list to provide payment. Payment will be in advance at the time I determine I'm ready to close orders via PayPal friends and family (or I can invoice but will add fees).
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That eye is starting to get me to want a partial technodrome on my machine. With my statues I have there.

I can't believe the original doesn't light up.

#7257 2 years ago
Quoted from Scandell:

Just having some fun here. Hair still temporary. Background and overlays are just mockups. Trying to think through some of the word layout placements I have to work around.
I'm not really a fan of the TV screen within the screen thing that Stern seemed to think was amazing enough to put on a large number of the animations.

Amazing!!! The reason they're doing the big TVs is because in each episode they'd always go back to the lair and watch the news with April on tv.

1 week later
#7288 2 years ago
Quoted from Habermania:

Anyone know where to order replacement remolding for TMNt. My backbox t-molding is all sticky. Has been since new. What size and where should i order new t-molding. Love the color. Fine to keep it as is.

Had the same issue on my t molding.

I used the goo gone wipes. (https://www.amazon.com/Goo-Gone-Clean-Adhesive-Remover/dp/B01B8K8A34)

And that took care of the sticky problem.

#7303 2 years ago
Quoted from Marangsanz:

If you have a plastic shooter lane protector installed, you may also want to check if the switch in the shooter lane is registering. If that switch doesn’t register, the action button will not work (even thought it’s light up).

But if that was the case, wouldn't it still work during the pizza eating contest? Which they said it does not.

#7323 2 years ago

Where do you guys buy the default flipper rubbers from?

I've been using some others for a while but they are super bouncy. I'd like to switch back to the default ones and the ones I have are all worn out from the previous owner.

#7326 2 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Pinball Life has standard rubber in red or black. They also have their own version of silicone, Perfect Play. I find them to be very close to regular rubber, especially after they break in for a few games. They definitely aren't bouncier than rubber..slightly less bounce if anything. I hate superbands and most other non-rubbers, but Perfect Plays are pretty nice in most games.

Thanks!

#7341 2 years ago
Quoted from Scandell:

Yep. I’m down to 190 and can still backhand the right ramp.

What about backhanding the left ramp?

#7349 2 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Pinball Life has standard rubber in red or black. They also have their own version of silicone, Perfect Play. I find them to be very close to regular rubber, especially after they break in for a few games. They definitely aren't bouncier than rubber..slightly less bounce if anything. I hate superbands and most other non-rubbers, but Perfect Plays are pretty nice in most games.

Anywhere else a good source to buy the default flipper rubbers? Pinball Life trying to charge me 16 bucks to ship 6 rubbers. What?!?

#7356 2 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Pretty much any pinball vendor is going to have standard flipper rubber. But shipping is probably going to suck at all of them.
Looks like Game Room Guys sells rubber on Amazon with free shipping, but the rubbers themselves are hilariously overpriced. ($10 for 2, LOL!).

There is no vendor near me. So I'm stuck buying everything online. I saw the game room guys also has a 4 pack. But with free shipping that is cheaper than pinball life and marco.

#7369 2 years ago
Quoted from bossk4hire:

If anyone is looking for a really nice pro I've put mine up for sale.... I'm in South Carolina.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/120880[quoted image]

Hold up. Which code set has the arcade game graphics? I thought the 1987 code only had clips from the show? If it has game stuff I might be forced to switch over.

#7393 2 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

That just makes it auto-scroll through the Turtles or not. But the flippers will still cycle through them as well. But yes, definitely a setting to turn off in my opinion.

Yeah I turned the auto scroll through turtles off. And I go to the right of the turtle I want, then press the left flipper and keep it held down to select the turtle I want and open up the loop.

I generally only do it for Donatello tho for the skillshot. The others I like going up to the pop bumpers for some possible bonuses.

#7405 2 years ago

Definitely get the silent fan.

Super easy replacement and I no longer hear the random spin ups when the game is idle.

#7428 2 years ago
Quoted from Scandell:

Animation Update:

Animation done by fellow ex-deeprooter :
Allison Ataide

Fantastic!!

Quoted from Thunderbird:

Looks so good! Can’t wait to replace the worst part of what’s there now. Anything that has to do with April is atrocious. The rest of animations are quite good, although some of those animations could use some help too. Don’t know why Stern made April so subpar.

Yeah I agree that most are quite good. The only other one that really stands out as bad is Baxter Stockman flying.

#7461 2 years ago
Quoted from Scandell:

So I’m hoping to replace those as well.
“Ball one locked” with the video of the turtles boringly walking into a pizza parlor. That’s the kind of the thing that’s a candidate for replacement.

I really need to start my own thread on this. Sorry for hijacking. Next update will be in a new thread.

I don't mind the ball locked animations. Yeah they are a bit boring, but it's leading up to them sitting at the booth and then having the foot soldier bring them the pizza.

Others definitely need an update for sure tho.

And don't hesitate posting in here. I look forward to every update you've posted.

#7462 2 years ago
Quoted from Scandell:

One more to go of these compositions.
[quoted image]

I didn't mind how they animated the turtles originally. But having your updated April next to the turtles now makes the turtles look sub par.

#7478 2 years ago
Quoted from plasticbugs:

It’ll sound a bit like it’s grinding. It definitely is loud even when oiled when it’s spinning and the glass is off. But it shouldn’t sound like it’s grinding. If you hear grinding, apply oil. I’ve had to do it once so far after about 500 games.

I've oiled mine a few times over a few months of heavy use. Definitely helps. But it won't remove it all together.

Quoted from drinklime:

FYI im using Titan balls with no magnetization problems after 1200 games

Same! Highly recommend. Haven't had an issue with magnetization with these or the Ninja balls that I got with my game.

#7483 2 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

Naw, the pinball is regular size, she's small

I think I remember seeing something like that on an episode.

Bingo! : https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0767623/

#7489 2 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

So 24 achievements of those 77 will just be: Episodes start, complete, and complete quickly. Kinda boring, but to be expected.

Yeah I expect most of them to be kind of like that. And some others that will be super grindy.

1 week later
#7581 2 years ago

I've got over 1K games and a bunch of mods on my Pro. No memory of a single crash.

Definitely one of those hard to trace issues and I feel bad for the people that it is affecting.

#7585 2 years ago
Quoted from Scandell:

See animation here: [quoted image]

That hair is looking good!!!

1 week later
#7648 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I’ve said this in a few threads, there needs to be game specific artwork like that on Godzilla for the Retrofit kits.
If they don’t I hope there is enough wire/cabling to bring it down to the coin door or tournament button hole.

Yeah Zombie Yeti specifically said we would not be losing any art with Insider connected. Well that looks like some lost art to me. Obviously on newer games they can make art around it. But that looks to be specific to the Premium and LE versions. Godzilla Pro didn't have art down there.

I'll be holding off for exactly what you said. A mod or something that lets us put that scanner by the coin door or something.

Losing art especially on TMNT. You lose 2 of the 4 turtles! What the hell.

#7651 2 years ago
Quoted from Ribbitboy:

Just finished constructing and installing my Turtle Select cover. I managed to hide both sets of screws. Thanks to PinMonk for the inspiration.
[quoted image]

I love it! Very simple and color coded perfectly.

#7660 2 years ago
Quoted from Jerickso77:

Joined the club![quoted image]

Welcome! This game kicks my ass everyday and it's still a blast!

Hell I even put on 5 balls and don't get far. I'll get better over time.

#7674 2 years ago
Quoted from Glockshots:

Has anyone installed one of these led backbox lighting kits? Is it worth it? I’m thinking of getting the deluxe..
[quoted image]

I have considered doing that upgrade.

I have the lit frames with the Pro translite in it and when lit up it looks beautiful. I replaced the original translite in my Pro with the Premium translite, and it just isn't as bright and the light distribution compared to the frame is not nearly as good. Side by side they look a little off.

#7708 2 years ago
Quoted from DaveTheTrain:

I just fiddled around under the pf and backbox and it worked... Guess something loosened in transit!
What a game! Being used to the early 90s Bally Williams I've got a lot to learn
Regarding rules, is there any benefit to holding the left flipper when you plunge?

Well for Donatello his skillshot can be hit by holding the left flipper down to get a shot at that right off the bat.

#7719 2 years ago

Yeah I've got a tiny little black rubber bumper sticker that you put on cabinet doors so they don't slam wood on wood.

Not sure how much it's helped. Sometimes it goes so fast i'm not sure if it hits it or not.

#7722 2 years ago

Pro really is an amazing deal on TMNT. I originally wanted a premium or LE if I could find one. But I didn't like the art package on the premium except for the back glass. And then a pro came available in the pin desert where I live and I jumped on it.

You really aren't missing out on much. And as far as issues are concerned, you aren't dealing with as many. Quite a few have had issues with the servo on the glider. And some issues with the van.

I really love the idea of the van dumping out the balls like the turtles jumping out of the van to go fight. But I don't regret my purchase at all.

I've added tons of cool mods to it. Like the glider and the krang mod. As well as the technodrone and others. It really doesn't feel lacking at all.

#7723 2 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

Hard shots to my pizza parlor lock have randomly not been locking. I thought it was an opto issue but after cleaning and testing, they all seemed fine. Then I recorded it in slow motion and realized that the balls are jumping over the up post with a hard, clean shot to the lock. I'm sure if the top of the post wasn't tapered like it is, this wouldn't happen. I'll be making an airball cover for that area tonight. Just posting here if anyone else is having this issue.

I've definitely had that issue randomly. Usually when it's a super clean and fast shot into there where it slams into the other balls.

#7754 2 years ago

I'm in love with these updates. They are soooo good.

1 week later
#7808 2 years ago

AN UPDATE!!!!

Awesome!

Curious what people will think about the training level being persistent from game to game. Definitely will make playing the game more on location better and give it a "one more game" feel to it. Gotta level them turtles up.

#7845 2 years ago
Quoted from Scandell:

Latest.
only a few more to go.

Oh please change Baxter Stockman in that clip too. It's just so out of place.

#7846 2 years ago

I do love that the new update when you change the volume it no longer takes up the entire screen.

#7869 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Just picked up a premium and I’m really liking so far.
What are peoples thoughts on the Stern topper and shooter rod. I’d like to order them up, but damn. $1000 for that topper seems a bit steep. Is it that cool?

I personally like the alternative turtle head shooter rods. Doesn't stick out as much. And the topper was always too expensive for me.

#7893 2 years ago

This looks so awesome!

I might have to pick one up for my office. $50 bucks plus $10 for shipping.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/994170024528297/?rid=10223394728370923&ad_id&rt=1&refID=0&refType=0

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image2 (resized).pngpasted_image2 (resized).png
#7945 2 years ago
Quoted from Mram:

I am wondering if we can skip the new Wifi kit for the Stern Insider and just use Cat cable and hardwire it. Does anyone know?

Well once you purchase the Stern Insider kit, you can run ethernet and not use the wifi. However you'll still need to purchase the insider kit as it comes with other things as well. Like the QR reader and I believe an mini SD card for the software.

#7957 2 years ago
Quoted from Scandell:

Score Match videos now have been replaced:

I love it! Really getting the most out of the April file!

#7984 2 years ago

I don't hate it if the levels only stay on your machine. AND they need to be able to be reset.

2 weeks later
#8063 2 years ago
Quoted from JayLar:

Anyone know a fitting figure for the Pro Glider mod from Mezelmods?

This is what I used:

1994 teenage mutant ninja turtles tmnt micro mini mutants ralphael 1" raph

1 week later
#8111 2 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

There are also some bugs where certain achievements dont seem to work, so Im guessing we'll need a code update to enable those ones as well. Hopefully that comes sooner rather than later.

Or those achievements are meant to get you out into locations and play versions of the game you don't have. Even tho that doesn't make sense because you're more likely to see a Pro on location than a Premium.

#8115 2 years ago

Just have some paper towels in had so it doesn't drop all the way through and onto other stuff.

Here is another picture and I believe it shows an extra place to oil that the above image.

#8119 2 years ago

Yeah I'm not sure there is a way to have it completely gone. But the oil definitely helps after a few games.

#8123 2 years ago
Quoted from CypherPinball:

We are thinking about picking up insider connected since there is the coin door mod. What achievements are glitched?

Yeah since seeing the coin door mod I'm actually considering buying an insider connected as well. No way I'm removing some of the apron art for that scanner.

#8125 2 years ago
Quoted from Jerickso77:

Got a link to this coin door mod?

Here you go: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1295-gotfrogs/05569-stern-insider-connected-qr-code-reader-coin-door-mount

That seller also has different ones if you own the volume nob/headphone jack by stern and pinball life. Has me super pumped that I don't lose out on those too.

#8128 2 years ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

So if I'm reading this correct it is just if you don't want IC on your apron? Why wouldn't you? Is it just an aesthetics thing?
No judgement, just curious.

I just don't like the look of the big scanner and distracting red sticker. It just feels so ugly and out of place. TMNT is a beautiful game.

Compared with the actual game art you'd be missing out on.

And for a personal game. I know what the QR scanner is for. I don't need it plastered all over it to let me know what to do.
Maybe for some location games that is fine. But not my personal game.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#8133 2 years ago

Yeah. There is a plastic protector from mezel mods that prevents that.

#8140 2 years ago
Quoted from cabal:

1987 will work in theory with insider connect. Is it wise to do so -> no
There is the auto update function in Insider Connect that will/can overwrite custom code.
In future updates there may be checks for modified code and the machine could get blocked and you could get banned from insider connect.
There is a very high risc for combining insider connect and custom code.

That being said, there are some that have tested it out and it currently works. I think it'll probably remain a grey area as they won't officially support it. But I don't' think they'll go out of their way to prevent auto updates and such from screwing with your custom code SD cards.

#8151 2 years ago
Quoted from acons017:

According to a stream from Dead Flip, Zombie Yeti is creating new artwork for the QR code for all games that didn't ship with Insider Connected. I know it looks ugly now, but he's working on a new overlay to replace the red for TMNT, IM, etc. Doubt they will be free - Stern will likely sell them.
I plan to keep the QR reader hidden inside the cab loosely until they release the overlays. The red is just too ugly.

That would be great. Though I'm not 100% sold on it being in the apron. But some new art may convince me.

#8164 2 years ago
Quoted from DaveTheTrain:

Check all connectors, it sounds like the post solenoid isn't working.
When I got mine a ball would get trapped in the lair because the post wasn't working. It was just a loose connection

Also make sure the stopper isn't stuck out.

#8168 2 years ago
Quoted from Gentax:

I can confirm there. I watched my partner play and after the plunge the white stopper would stay up. I had no idea this was a problem as i didn't know what it was supposed to go down. Is it only supposed to stay up for the plunge?

It stays up for the plunge unless you hold the left flipper down.

#8173 2 years ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

No, it happens so rarely I don't bother. It appears to be a known problem here, so I assume it's still glitchy coding. Glitchy v1.5 (!) coding.

It's weird. I see a few people mentioning that they get it every so often. But I've never experienced it on my pro. On either of my SD cards with separate codes.

Which makes it that much harder to track down and figure out what exactly is causing that issue.

#8195 2 years ago

I wish there was some way to compare logs. Because my machine (Pro) has never had the TP Multiball crash.

#8203 2 years ago
Quoted from mikespins:

Got my tmnt powder coated!
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Wow that is beautiful!

Is that something people just ship their stuff out to get powder coated? Or have someone local?

Or can we just buy replacement stuff that is already coated?

I'm very interested in doing something like this but don't have any local options.

#8211 2 years ago
Quoted from Norcalpin:

Hey folks! Does anyone have a problem starting the half shell challenge? I can see the turtles I’ve completed, but when I try and start the challenge it goes into a regular game.

I've just went into the settings to keep it so all turtles are lit up so I can play it whenever I want. Never have had a problem. But I've never tried it with the setting turned off and you have to play as each turtle before doing the challenge.

#8214 2 years ago
Quoted from Norcalpin:

The last time I tried it, all but one turtle was were in color. I start it with the apron button.

Yeah without that setting enabled. You need to play games as all 4 turtles to light them up to be able to start that mode.

#8218 2 years ago
Quoted from mikespins:

Thanks! My guy is local but you can ship to him. Message me if you're interested.

Thanks. I'll keep that in mind. I don't have extras so taking them all off my machine isn't really an option.

1 week later
#8304 2 years ago
Quoted from Hipponotic:

also - if you want the game to be more "fun", what i do for friends is make every episode you win give you an extra ball, also, set the MBs to easy and have 5 balls set up and everyone that gets on that table has a great time.
(only thing i wish was that Stern had "player" settings...so i didn't have to go thru the setting each time someone is coming over or my wife wants to play)

I might have to implement that extra ball for winning an episode. Sounds like a great reward. Do you happen to remember what that setting was numbered?

#8340 2 years ago

Yeah being able to backhand is a must. I actually have better luck backhanding the right ramp than I do going from the left flipper.

#8349 2 years ago

I usually accidentally do the left ramp when I'm trying to backhand the lair shot.

I usually stop the ball. Then quickly flip to get it rolling back and then up the flipper a bit. Much like the Lair shot.

1 week later
#8368 2 years ago
Quoted from big-c66:

I got to put some major time on tmnt n Deadpool this weekend in gatlinburgh Tennessee both are great now I’ve got to decide which one to get. Grandkids said turtles papa decisions decisions lol

Did the kids play both games too? Or just based off theme?

2 weeks later
#8446 2 years ago
Quoted from Jerickso77:

I don't remember ever seeing the neutrinos either but I looked them up and their representation in the game is pretty spot on.

They were in Episode 4 of Season 1 and Episode 11 of Season 2. But they made other random appearances in later seasons too.

1 week later
#8471 1 year ago

One of the best mods for this game. Pick one up while you still can.

#8500 1 year ago
Quoted from big-c66:

Hey thanks for helping me. I’ve got a brand new usb stick 16 gigs. My tmnt is a pro so I downloaded the pro version code update from Stern on to my computer. Then I plug my usb into the computer n drag both files over to the usb drive n it downloads no problem. I put my usb stick into the usb service port on the game n turn it on. Everything comes on but says 1.23 version it never try’s to update. I’ve done this same way on my Munsters premium n guardians of galaxy and never had a problem so I’m kinda lost lol.

Have you tried doing a completely fresh install on a different SD card like Cabal suggested?

#8571 1 year ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

lets wait/see than, as TMNT is on my radar, but not with that reset bug still in...

It's not affecting everyone. I've had 1000+ games on mine and never had that issue.

#8588 1 year ago
Quoted from System-J:

I keep forgetting to post my future contribution to TMNT. I found I kept wanting a reference to the pizza toppings so I decided to make custom score cards. I'm pretty happy with them and have use the 'pizza menu' quite a few times. They still need a few tweaks but I'll post the images when they're done.
Making the 'Pizza menu ' made me jealous of you prem/le owners for the mushroom toppings. I wish Dwight could've added it to the pros somehow. I know the limitations of the pro lair but maybe a timed lock up at the pizza parlor? Meh, a guy can dream can't he?
[quoted image]

Nice! That looks like a lot of information on small card!

#8607 1 year ago
Quoted from RoyalJack:

I don't know if this is allowed but I went ahead and made a short "How to update your pin" video while updating my TMNT premium to 1.51 today. I hope its useful to some of the new turtles owners out there! My channel has a few other random pin related videos and some other stuff. I've got some new mods going into TMNT and Godzilla soon that will also have videos.

Hah! I got the same exact placement of my Pizza magnets.

#8618 1 year ago
Quoted from Mando:

Finally to neutrino pizza party , very cool mode ! Too bad I'll never see it on 1.51 . This game really has great code , it's just so hard to see it all .

It's what keeps me coming back.

1 week later
#8638 1 year ago
Quoted from ky-pin:

recently purchased a used TMNT pin which had a home made topper, i already had the stern topper and don't need these, any interest in this, comes with the four turtles and led strip with power converter.

I have all of these except the shredder. Highly recommend them They look great. And the style matches the game really well.

4 weeks later
#8814 1 year ago
Quoted from Sloshy:

What are some settings people are using to ease the difficulty of this game?

Same as what Thomas said with the being able to manually switch the battle again with the flipper and adding time to the lair ball save timer.

I've also changed settings so instead of getting a free game at a certain score, you get a free ball.

But with some of my friends and family coming over I've switched it from 3 ball games to 5. And they have really enjoyed that. Since this game can be pretty brutal sometimes. (if you don't care about messing with the high scores)

1 week later
#8842 1 year ago

I've had it since a couple months after launch and have been on every version of the code.

Have not had the crash once.

#8876 1 year ago

Both will be overwritten if you update over wifi.

1 week later
#8940 1 year ago
Quoted from Drussksu:

Getting ready to join the club. Will be trading my black knight for a tmnt. Anything I should know to get ready?

I would get ahold of Scandall over here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-april-o-neill-animation-mod-for-stern-s-tmnt-ninja-turtles-/page/6#post-6951814

to get the updated April O'Neill animations game code.

1 week later
#8996 1 year ago

I completely suck at this game. But I still love it. I like a challenge.

#9010 1 year ago

For those that love TMNT and Zombie Yeti art there is an awesome Vinyl Record limited edition run of 2000 being sold here: https://kidkatana.com/shop/limited-edition-vinyl

For this limited edition, Kid Katana Records teamed up with illustrator Zombie Yeti, a recognized official TMNT artist with a very distinctive hand-drawn style. His colorful, punchy and playful touch really goes well with the game’s spirit. The result is an exclusive mise en abîme, with Shredder fighting against the turtles to steal the record itself!

#9018 1 year ago
Quoted from Wallofnoise:

Thought I'd share this mod for my TMNT pin Hooked up a tiny TV mod provided by CraZyMuffin along with miniature console, games and VHS tapes to my TMNT pin. Randomly plays various videos added to the USB of the entire first season of the cartoon, old toy commercials, footage of the TMNT games and more. It sits comfortably in the back left of the playfield near the van and catches everyone's eye when they come to play.
Youtube video here
or here:
https://twitter.com/NeilDavidCarter/status/1537161157957472256?s=20&t=sSoQ51PlQOVqVqYndZ2fgQ

This is absolutely insane! Amazing work. These would sell better than Stern's official topper.

The old commercials is such a nice touch. And putting in stuff from the new game is pretty awesome as well.

3 weeks later
#9140 1 year ago

I'm having a weird issue with my machine. (TMNT Pro)

I turn my machine on, and it appears to boot just fine. However the second I press the start button my machine freezes and the playfield lights turn off. And then after 10 or so seconds the whole game restarts. And then it'll do it again. Freezes when pressing the start. Eventually it will work after a few restarts and I can play a full game without issue.

I'm on the current code with the April mod from Scandell. Not sure If I need a new SD card or where I should start. I'm new to owning a pinball machine so hopefully this isn't a dumb question for a common problem.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

1 month later
#9277 1 year ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

I went back to the Stern standard rubber, after anguishing with Titians for way too long, not being able to hit the shots well and frustrated with most everything. Going back to stock rubber changed my TMNT experience from night to day and made it a remarkably fun shooter. It now seems on the medium to easier side of pinball.

Crazy that I see this right now since I literally have another tab open to Titan's website with a TMNT kit with your name on it.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Hardware
Pinball Haven
Hardware
290 posts in this topic match your search for posts by baxterstockman. You are on page 1 of 2.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider baxterstockman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-club2020-cowabunga-its-pizza-time?tu=baxterstockman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.