(Topic ID: 271489)

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Club(Stern 2020): Cowabunga! It’s Pizza Time!

By Tuxedomask23

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11,954 posts
  • 822 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 34 hours ago by Rampmaster
  • Topic is favorited by 334 Pinsiders

You

Topic poll

“Which model are you going to purchase”

• Pro 285 votes
    50%
  • Premium 166 votes
    29%
  • LE 119 votes
    21%

(570 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3566 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240316_051625591 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240316_034508453 (resized).jpg
IMG_3277 (resized).JPG
20240308_213544 (resized).jpg
20240308_211320 (resized).jpg
20240308_211805 (resized).jpg
20240215_093714 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
1EB20A79-521C-4BEB-AAA6-F2E7D64EE9D1 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5494 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5493 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5492 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1141 TMNT fresh out-of-the-box Issues and Fixes FAQ Posted by Stosel (3 years ago)

Post #1580 Lights rebooting on the back of the machine - FIX Posted by HookedonPinonics (3 years ago)

Post #2172 playfirlo colour differences Posted by Phatchit (3 years ago)

Post #2390 Left Outlane Fix Posted by NoQuarters (3 years ago)

Post #2457 DIY Krang Mod Instructions Posted by ABE_FLIPS (3 years ago)

Post #4037 Glider Servo DIY replacement Posted by PinHead50 (3 years ago)

Post #4120 Link to Amazon product page for replacement servo for glider Posted by PinHead50 (3 years ago)

Post #4327 Sloppy soldering at factory causing overvoltage error - fix Posted by Blackzarak (3 years ago)

Post #4374 Replacing bad glider servo with amazon better one Posted by arcadenerd925 (3 years ago)

Post #4698 Center Ramp non-registering opto fix Posted by spidey (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider audioenslaved.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#749 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

JPLe has well and truly earnt it’s flip value. Down here they’re unobtanium and selling for a big premium over list price because no one is selling and everyone wants it.
Tmnt LE has yet to earn its stripes and is selling mostly on looks and theme at this point.

I think I’m one of the few that struggle to get into JP2. Looking forward to seeing and flipping this game eventually. In 3 months time...

#971 3 years ago
Quoted from PiperPinball:

How do you start a co-op game?

Hold the flippers in for a few seconds and then select it when the menu comes up

#1036 3 years ago

If any Australian wants or needs out of their LE purchase let me know

#1076 3 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

For $9000 NIB, you should NOT have to tinker for a while.
Soon it'll be $10K+ to tinker.

Our games have been 12-15k for several years now

3 months later
#4433 3 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Agree. Broke my walking dead champion 2 nights ago. Nice to play an easy game now and then.

Didn’t realise you got yourself a twd! Got yourself some cracking games in your lineup!

#4435 3 years ago

I like to rotate which turtle I’m using to try and crack their high score. I like using Donatello the least because of that instant multi ball start on the right ramp so you can’t qualify a mode first to bring it into turtle power multi ball. I’ve gotten my best scores with Ralph and Mickey and would say I prefer using Mickey most because of the doubled April hurry up.

Just learnt something re April hurry ups didn’t know you had to start a mode to get to the next hurry up! Really enjoying my game at the moment too

#4490 3 years ago
Quoted from whisper:

Can’t wait to hear what you guys think of the code update, this game is on my Wishlist just holding on to see how the code flushes out.

Mate it’s a cracking game already! We’re at 1.23 already so it’s basically feature complete. It’s close to being Borg’s best layout. He’s designed this game really nicely it’s flows so well that the ball is back on you faster than most Ritchie games! It’s not quite as fast as Star Wars but it’s pretty damn close!

Xaqery has coded a really fun game the level ups are a very interesting mechanic and the turtles do have their own feel about how you attack the game. Team up multi ball is great.

I’ll be honest and say it took me 20-50 games to be happy with my LE purchase. BUT as I put more games on it the more I really enjoyed the lay out and the code. The only thing I feel like it’s missing is that cool moment or two that you want to try and reach every game, Eg horde on twd or the trex modes on JP2, but in saying that I haven’t gotten to cowabunga (very close though) and I haven’t reached final battle either so my cool moment could be waiting there. I do enjoy the pizza eating contest or destroy the tie fighter mode. And the modes are all fun I think window shopping (where you battle bebop and rocksteady) and where you fight Krang with the roving red shots are my favourite apart from team up multi ball.

I know some people don’t like how foot locks you out of multi balls but it’s something I use to not go into a multi ball so I can qualify a mode before heading into one. That’s probably why Donatello is my least used turtle because one shot to that right ramp and you’re in turtle power multi ball without a mode and you need that right ramp as a part of your qualifying shots. And I’m not a huge fan of the multi ball starts being a little too easy and without any qualifiers but that’s just me. I do like what Dwight did on munsters with the Herman multi ball being one shot and then hit the ball off the magnet. I think that makes me feel like I had to do something to earn the multi ball. Like team up multi ball is definitely earned.

I definitely recommend grabbing one if you’re on the fence about it and if you like tougher games as this one will have you swearing at how fast you lose a ball. I’m pretty sure I’ve had a few games where I’m lucky to crack 100k... I keep on pressing start because it’s has a lot of great elements that have come together. My gripes about the multi balls are VERY small in comparison to how great the rest of the game is. Congratulations to John, Dwight and team on this one it’s a really fun game you should be proud and one I suspect will stay in my collection for quite a while.

#4501 3 years ago
Quoted from whisper:

Thanks for your post mate, lockdown has it hard to go out an try games, wouldn’t even know if there’s one on location here in Melbourne. Much difference between the pro an premium?

I haven’t played the pro and I bought from only watching the streams, seeing the code work that Xaqery had already done, knowing I love Borg layouts and instinct. I suspect a pro would be good with this game as you’re losing a handful of things. The glider is cool but not 100% necessary (and doesn’t always work), van spitting out 4 balls is cool and two way spinner and 8 ball over 6 ball multiball. Those extras are nice but not the same as twd xbow, raising ramps or aiq marvel ramp and raising dr strange. I’m usually a premium/Le buyer but I suspect pro would offer the same gameplay sans glider mode.

#4706 3 years ago
Quoted from daley:

Sometimes at the beginning of pizza multiball, the van is opening its door and dumping the three balls inside in addition to the normal balls. I would say it happens about a third of the time. Anyone else experience this? I am assuming this is not supposed to be happening.

If you have gummy bears as a pizza topping you get an extra ball per gummy bear topping that’s why it might be dumping balls from the van

#4771 3 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

123 foot is super satisfying when you mail it , but super annoying when you start it and it just takes over

I sometimes actively try to start 123 foot so I don’t go into turtles multiball so I can get to another mode! So it’s definitely helpful sometimes like weapons stop multiball progress I like that part of it

#4772 3 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

How do you start neutrino mode do you have to complete level 3 ?

That’s a great question I got past level 3 and then had no clue as to how to start to either

#4787 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I've had both - only the Pros, mind you, but at this point I had more fun with TMNT. Both would be great choices, I just felt less grindy-ness with TMNT. But adjusting to the speed of that center ramp shot is brutal.

That’s part of the fun trying to smash that shot! It’s so hard as most of the shots to get to the upper left flipper are FAST!! I’ve been contemplating an AIQLE but am unsure. Turtles is definitely a winner super happy I got it

#4791 3 years ago
Quoted from BaxterStockman:

That's my problem living where I do. Basically no games near me (<800 miles) and definitely no games that I want.

Could be worse AIQ is just about to land in Australia with limited going on site and the next stern title is about to drop good ole first world problems

#4803 3 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

I don’t know if others have the same experience but now that I’m starting to nail the shots this is by far my favorite pin in the lineup. I really feel bad for people have gave up on it too quickly or jumped ship for AIQ/gnr

I had the exact same experience. My first 20-50 games I wasn’t sold. My next 50 I loved it my next 150 so in the groove and really happy with my purchase

#4816 3 years ago

Had a cracking 79m game today with Donnie such a fun game to play

1 week later
#4952 3 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Since pinball is not a video game with an ending and the premise of pinball is all about mastering the machine and scoring, are we really ever done with a table? It is like saying I’ll never play that golf course again, since I reached the eighteenth hole. Lol Think pinball is a sport not a video game with an ending we reach and never play again.

I think there are games you can play have a few games and quite comfortably never ever play again. Eg street fighter and thunderbirds... there are games you tire of and feel done with and there are those that keep you coming back for more. Tmnt just absolutely punished me this morning and I could do nothing right. Had quite a few games under a M...

2 weeks later
#5098 3 years ago

Struggling to find the extra ball rules! My first hundred or so games I was getting extra ball left right and centre now I’m struggling to even get an extra ball every 10 games. I know they kind of just happen but I thought they happened by completing 2 modes and then other things. What and I missing?

#5102 3 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

My understanding is there is an episode extra ball after starting 2 episodes and then another extra ball for collect a bunch of pizza slices, not sure how many, maybe around 60ish? Plus another extra ball from the pict-o-pops.
Maybe your pizza slice or episodes extra ball has auto adjusted to a higher number.

Yeah I think that’s what’s happened. Definitely used to get after 2 episodes but routinely get 3 even if I drain through them (completely not on purpose) is the extra ball info in the instant info at all?

2 weeks later
#5233 3 years ago

Was playing with some mates last night and I had a technodome sized pizza multiball at 42m!! In saying that I also finished the game on 43m so I didn’t do too much else in the game Pretty sure I had pizza frenzy running and managed a few mondo(?) jackpots. Damn this game is fun and shoots super nice

1 week later
#5448 3 years ago
Quoted from Norcalpin:

Tom...what do you mean by magnetism? How do you check and repair it? Sorry...I have a couple of dmd williams games, but this is my first stern. Not sure how to get into the diagnostics.

Pull balls from game and see if they stick together.

#5452 3 years ago
Quoted from HookedonPinonics:

I don't believe anyone here has reported getting to Cowabunga which is the final wizard mode on TMNT. Turtles is a hard game, layout and code wise. Cowabunga requires you to complete 7 objectives. 4 of those being a hurry up type of objective, 2 being getting the super jackpots in the multiballs and last getting to Final Battle which is achieved by playing the 8 modes in the game. Its very challenging to collect all the objectives. The game forces you to veer off the path to get the hurry up objectives which causes a very frantic style play. That with the layout and the amount of combos that can happen, make this game an ass kicker but a ton of fun once you get the hang of it. The code also offers additional modes with the Training modes which allows you to level up your turtles, Team up mini wizard mode which is achieved by finishing 4 of the modes to get you to Final Battle and Coop mode which allows players to choose different turtles to work together. I have been close to getting to Cowabunga on 4 player coop and have not heard of any others playing 4 player coop and getting to Cowabunga. I would say there is plenty to do in the game and it will take you awhile to beat it.

I think I was a couple of modes away from getting to cowabunga. I find that getting krang and the super jackpots kind of just happen. Where as the weapon hurry up is the hardest if the lot to get because you’ve got to A get your skill shot and depending on which turtle you are depends on how hard that shot is. And B shoot the centre ramp on command during a hurry up! That for me is the hardest of the qualifiers. I haven’t gotten to final battle yet either. For some reason I’m always trying for cowabunga instead of going for things in stages.

Xaqery has coded a fantastic game. He and his team MAKE you shoot the entire playfield. Some games focus on a few shots to get your score higher but this game makes you shoot them all. For instance bksor makes you shoot the flail, shield and black knight shots more often than not. But then to score big get it up to the sky loop and just slap it around up there. That got old for me. There was no advantage to staying down the bottom and shooting the lit shots it was more lucrative to go up top loop it around and hit the target. Zzzzzzzz. Turtles forces you to hit left and right ramps to get a mode qualified but then each mode forces you around the playfield. I think my favourite mode is one of the krang modes where the red shot roams and if you hit a yellow shit that shot gets locked out from that mode.

1 week later
#5555 3 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Right now we love tmnt and I have had it for months. GOTG is great too. Probably a keeper. Surprisingly, my wife doesn’t like avengers le. She likes our tmnt le better and I do too. Almost thinking about selling avengers LE for my brothers Wonka LE. It’s a tough choice because avengers will only get better with code and it’s pretty good now

Why don’t you just short term trade it with your brother best of both worlds. Although I think aiq is a lot better than judge dredd in a standard cab or should I say wonka.

2 weeks later
#5742 3 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Completely right. It’s funny because I was in on Zep LE, but after seeing gameplay I passed.
I was ordering TMNT ProNIB but couldn’t get a straight answer from the distro. Took weeks. In the meantime I found a Maiden LE. Passed on Turtles Pro. Then found a TMNT Pro NIB and was able to trade my GOT. No regrets.

I think Borg games flow so much better than Ritchie games. There’s the right amount of flow and stop in his games for me!

1 week later
#5910 3 years ago

I’ve had a few games where I’ve qualified everything except final battle. To score BIG you HAVE to bring in pizza frenzy (octopus) into pizza multiball. It’s a frenzy that lasts the ENTIRETY of your pizza multiball and can be worth an easy 10-15m! I’ve had a few games where I’ve been on 1 or 2m before starting pizza MB with frenzy looked up and boom 20-30m.

I’ve found it hardest to get to final battle but I think I’m concentrating too much on the side stuff rather than just the missions.

2 months later
#6532 2 years ago
Quoted from dinot:

So, I just bought a Pro without having seen it or played the game. Kind of an impulse buy.
I had the itch to get 2 games. I had decided on a Munsters Pro for the one (but I am having a hard time finding one). For the other I was down to Guardians and Turtles.
I've only played Guardians a few times and never played a Turtles. Everything I've read about Turtles make me think I'll like it more.
I don't care for deep games (Hence why I am interested in Munsters). To me, the rulesets of 90s WMS were my favorites. I am a middle of the road player, not terrible, but not great. So if a game has shots that are too tough, I will lose interest. (Seemed to be a common theme with GoTG). Also I want my kids to enjoy the game. They are not good at all. Here is the kicker, they wanted a GoTG and not a Turtles. (Oh well....too bad for them )
I blame Stranger Things for pulling me back into the hobby. I friggin love that game. I had been dormant with the same 4 games for the last 10 years. But I am back. Traded out 2 pins for a Stanger Things Pro and Star Wars Pro. Really like both of them. (Stranger Things moreso)
I am off to buy mods.

Munsters is a great game the layout is really nice and it flows just oh so nicely. I had one for a few months and it got kind of old but it’s certainly fun. Munster madness is a fantastic mode to get to.

I really want a gotg to go with my iron man, xmen, TWDLE, and tmnt but they’re hard to come by. I’m a massive Borg fan!!

I think cowabunga is within the realms of possibility for the above average player on 3 balls. Once or twice I’ve completed 6 modes, 1/2/3 combo, weapon hurry up, krang combo and the April hurry ups. You HAVE to start 2 modes each ball to have a chance otherwise you’re in trouble. I feel like if I have the shots dialled in I’ve got a chance at cowabunga even though I’ve never been to final battle. I’d like 1/2/3 combo to be available more often even after completing it as one of the perks is 1/2/3 combo tripled and once you complete it asta la vista baby! Not much of a perk.

#6573 2 years ago
Quoted from aingide:

Hi, everyone. I'm finally thinking about picking up a TMNT. I haven't been able to play one yet, so I'm wondering what the consensus is, if any, about the game a year on? I skimmed the thread and understand the basics, but there's a lot here! I'm wondering about a few things:
* Is the code in a complete and satisfying state now?
* What other modern Stern does this feel like, if any? Both in terms of software and the layout.
* Are all of the mechanical kinks worked out now? How fussy are the mechs?
* Pro or Premium/LE? I love good mechanical toys, is it worth it here? I almost always go Premium/LE.
My last two games were Deadpool and Stern Star Wars, so I'd like to get something that plays differently from those. I have a huge soft spot for TMNT, so modding in the cartoon clips seems like a no-brainer.
Any thoughts, or pointing me in the right direction, are appreciated. Thanks!

Code is PHENOMENAL! I was a bit skeptical of Dwight on code as I haven’t been a huge fan of his previous offerings but he’s always done something interesting in his games but for me at least hadn’t put it all together in one game before Turtles. And boy let me tell you he’s put it all together in turtles. There were those streams last year where he was explaining everything and his passion was just amazing! There might be a bug here or there but I haven’t seen any. This is Dwight’s best game by miles and for me would be the second to last game to ever leave my collection. Dwight has made use of the ENTIRE playfield! Different modes use different parts of the playfield. So it’s not a one shot joy ride.

It’s a Borg game. So for me I’d probably line up up against GOTG and Metallica, maybe even lined up against corvette. You’ve got the lair shot which is kind of like the far left shots in those games. There’s the centre shot like groot and sparky to the pizza parlour. And three ramps which are super fun to hit. Software wise it’s mode driven so maybe gotg.

I’ve had more problems with my aiq with the disc not being level and walker mech breaking and not moving the ball along properly. So far so good with tmntle.

I am a premium/Le buyer. I want the full experience. Having a LE I think I would be equally happy with a pro. The balls out of the van is cool but not necessary. The bidirectional spinning disc is ok but single direction would’ve been fine. The glider is a nice way to choose where you want to put the ball but generally I want to put the ball on the tight flipper so it kind of stays there 99% of the game.

This games quite different to both those. It’s equally as fast if not FASTER than Star Wars! Balls are back at you in the blink of an eye. I prefer the code and layout on tmnt and would rate them tmnt, deadpool then Star Wars.

#6574 2 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

I agree, great shot. I still laugh at myself for thinking it was going to be TOO EASY when it was revealed. haha

Damn it’s a hard shot isn’t it! A dual ball cradle on the left flipper is the easiest lair shot for me! Damn Leo making me want to try and hit the lair shot...

3 weeks later
#6732 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

What is the best rules walk through and what not on YouTube for the pro version of this machine with the current rules? Thank you all in advance.

There aren’t many YouTube videos for tmnt unfortunately. There are some videos on twitch by jack danger and that’s about it I think. Best way to score BIG is to have octopus pizza topping during pizza multiball as it’s a never ending switch hit that just blows your multiball up! It’s one of the things that annoys me a little about the game but it’s a HUGE advantage if you can bring it into your pizza multiball.

Otherwise it’s start modes by hitting the ramps once each and then a ball into the pizza shop. Completing modes gets you power ups for you team up multiball that can be VERY lucrative too. Try to stack a multiball with a mode so you can complete them easier

#6737 2 years ago

Anyone got a high res image of the tmnt banner?

#6739 2 years ago

Thanks for that but was more thinking the Stern tmnt banner.

#6798 2 years ago
Quoted from kell:

My LE has pooling throughout, which was my second straight NIB with PF issues (GB ghosting). I did the pooling fix on some spots, but am not able to get to a lot of spots unless I tear down the entire PF. Hope it lasts. Stern has corrected both to some extent, but I think I've come to terms with just accepting the imperfections.
Which is why I'm considering a JP and DP pro. Was able to play JP, but can't find a DP pro to play. Hearing it shoots better than the premium and debating that or AIQ. Any feedback on DP Pro?

For me I had to have the ball travel all the way around the left loop on deadpool. I was frustrated that the ball ALWAYS went into the pops on the pro for a left “loop” shot. You do get disco loops as an extra mode on the prem/Le which is fun to just keep mashing that left loop. If that doesn’t bother you like it did me the pro is for you

#6801 2 years ago
Quoted from BaxterStockman:

I am in love with that Krang mod!!! wow it big just like super krang!

Man if I had the pro I’d be all over this!

2 months later
#7272 2 years ago
Quoted from Jkaping:

I like my games steep but I want it to play correctly. I can’t backhand either ramp… what’s the target grade to be able to back hand at least the right ramp.

The left ramp is harder to back hand than the right. The right I can back hand all day every day. Go through 6 modes today was so close to at least final battle. I’ll get there soon enough

2 months later
#7762 2 years ago

I’m not sure if one of the leds is gone or if the colour is correct but every now and then the Donatello insert is orange st the start of a mode instead of yellow. If I remember correctly it’s during the ray mode (where you have to hit ramps then lair) and another mode too. I probably should’ve written it down or poster not long after it happens… but does anyone else experience this? I think it’s correct being orange but I thought all inserts were yellow

#7764 2 years ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

Are you playing Michelangelo at the time? Might be his weapon power ups are lit.

It’s definitely not his weapon power ups. I’ll have to play some more today and report back

4 months later
#8632 1 year ago
Quoted from ky-pin:

recently purchased a used TMNT pin which had a home made topper, i already had the stern topper and don't need these, any interest in this, comes with the four turtles and led strip with power converter.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Damn that’s cool. Shipping to Australia would be a killer and I don’t have the roof height

4 weeks later
#8794 1 year ago

Got to final battle today what a trip! And I wasn’t too far off cowabunga. I think I was the two multiball jackpots off. Such a fun game

2 months later
#9128 1 year ago

Has Neutrino mode changed in the latest code? I haven’t got insider connected and I completed two training modes but Neutrino didn’t light to start on the left ramp. Is this right?

#9130 1 year ago
Quoted from shaub:

Yes it has.
Instead of being lit after completing 2 Training Modes, you need to complete all 3 Training Modes. And now, when logged in on Insider Connected, it doesn't matter what your starting Level is, you need to still complete 3 Training Modes. And as an added kicker, if your Turtle starts at Level 4, you get the joy of playing the 3rd Training Mode every time.

Fking balls!! That’s hard!! Not really worth going for either is it?

#9133 1 year ago
Quoted from shaub:

The thing is, it can be super valuable but it can also be worth nothing. Ive had an 80m mode score and a literal 0 point one. But no, I wouldn't say its worth going for other than just to have gotten there. It might be more attainable if the the progress made on a failed Training mode carried over to your next attempt. Fun mode though, fairly simple concept but the GI and the video and everything combines together for a nice unique moment.

I was all ready to play neutrino and then was like ummm what happened why isn’t it there ready for me to go so I was a little disappointed. Although I got to a team up multiball so that was fun.

2 weeks later
#9174 1 year ago

Got to final battle for the second time yesterday. And for the third time this morning wow it’s such a great wizard mode. I drained out on bebop and rock steady with rock steady left to complete. I also drained out with ONLY the weapon hurry up left to get to cowabunga!! Fml damn it was close. Thanks Xaqery for such an amazingly coded Borg game. Tmnt is definitely a VERY VERY close second to twd!

1 month later
#9404 1 year ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

I want this game but all the complains about code really bother me.
I also heavily dislike low scoring games.
Layout and shots are amazing, but the low scoring and unfinished code kill it for me.

Ignore all the hate. There’s a glitch that happen occasionally. I’ve had it happen once in 1000 games. Tmnt is a close 2 to twd for me. This game I feel is Dwight’s best. Final battle is AMAZING! For me a close second to horde! I’ve had alien 3 weeks and had more hang ups.

Yes the scoring is a little on the low side but you’d be missing out on a fantastic game if you gave this one a miss

#9405 1 year ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

it is almost like every Dwight game never gets finished code.
or am I wrong?

See ghostbusters and the update to game of thrones. This game is finished and is super enjoyable. Got to final battle again today it was awesome

#9419 1 year ago
Quoted from System-J:

Yeah, it's pretty fast too, that's why I made this:
[quoted image]
Really helps with strategizing the toppings when you're getting use to it as well. 11 toppings is a lot to memorize.

I've never had this problem but I think I've read about it way back in this forum somewhere. I'd re-seat all of the connectors including the ethernet cables, then also unlock and re-lock the sd card (I've had mine pop out part way before myself but it wouldn't boot properly). If not that, try a new (quality) SD card and burn the rom fresh.
Good luck, I bet it's just a connection.

That card is awesome

#9437 1 year ago
Quoted from System-J:

[quoted image]
There's actually 2. I'm pretty proud of them, they took me ages. It looks like they have really small font but except for the training perks, the font is around the same size as the original cards.
I'll send them out to you guys later. I just would prefer to do it all at once.
-----
When I was making them a friend said I should ask Dwight what he thought. Especially about the section with how to change the pizza toppings. I was struggling to explain it in few words. My friend actually met him at a board game building workshop in Chicago when he wasn't employed in Pinball (like 15 years ago?). Apparently a really down to earth guy and approachable. My friend after asking if he'd get back into pinball said he got the impression that he thought it's days were over. Thankfully he was wrong. I really think Dwight has brought some euro-style board game knowledge to tmnt. When I was trying to describe how the toppings system works it gave me a real appreciation for it. I guess we're just lucky there isn't a major bug in it too.

That other card is also awesome!! We’ll done! Would love a set too

3 weeks later
#9662 1 year ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

After logging in and before pressing start, navigate to “Game Mode Select” then navigate to “Reset all turtles to level one”.

Can you set it not to remember training levels?

#9663 1 year ago
Quoted from shaub:

Making 123 foot lit at game start and then re-light by completing a training mode would be great. Could potentially throw in a spinner value reset at ball drain or 123 completion to nerf it down a bit. I would also like a way to avoid starting (hold action button to turn insert from flashing/qualified to solid/ready to start to allow you the chance to build it up but even without that, this would be a huge improvement.

I reckon after smashing out X amount of spins it should relit. The 2x, 3x for a relit after that.

#9688 1 year ago
Quoted from shaub:

Thats what was thinking too, but after someone mentioned completing a Training Mode to re-light it, Ive changed my mind. Anything that makes Training Levels/modes a bigger part of the game, I'm for.

Yeah that’s a cracking idea too!!

#9714 1 year ago
Quoted from konghusker:

Thinking about selling my acdc premium and going with a tmnt premium or Jurassic park premium. Any thoughts on either, and also thoughts on tmnt pro vs prem?

I have both. Borg is my favourite designer so I’m a bit biased towards him. And JP3 is most definitely my favourite Elwin.

Tmnt shoots nicer. Jp has the slight edge for theme integration, the dinosaur noises are all awesome. Call outs are slightly better in tmnt. Both codes are great. You can’t lose with either.

2 weeks later
#9848 1 year ago
Quoted from seenev:

I loved tmnt when I was a kid 30 years ago. I don't remember much about it now. Do you have to be real familiar with the franchise to like this game? I don't remember the helicopter or glider thing at all.

Not at all. The game is fast and can sometimes be brutal. The ball is more often than not is coming back at you super fast and is probably the main reason for people not liking it. The code is great and makes you shoot the entire playfield. The call outs are super tmnt and suit the theme really well. All depends on what kind of game you like to play. But I can see you rated it at a 4 already so not sure what’s going on there.

3 weeks later
#10048 1 year ago
Quoted from mannymasy:

Hello friends, I have a purchase planned for the month of December but I have doubts between tmnt and gotg... I have had gotg in the past and we enjoyed it a lot at home, now I have the opportunity to buy a new one of the latest production. I have doubts between these two machines, turtles I have never played it nor do I have the possibility of trying it but from the videos I have seen it seems very fun. I would like to have a comparison of the two machines on playability, durability, fun...etc... greetings and thanks!!!! It should also be said that at home I only have one machine that is AIQ premium now... it is a hard machine and difficult to advance... at least for me...

Tmnt over gotg.
Gotg was too easy for me and I completed the game twice within a few months of owning it. The annoying thing for me is that immolation initiative is worth SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much more than save xander! That really annoyed me! I think out of my 8b game 5b came from immolation! Tmnt has some other scoring problems too but I prefer the modes in tmnt as they’re really diverse. And final battle is awesome!!

3 weeks later
#10130 1 year ago
Quoted from dboeren:

Doing research for my next pin and realized I don't have a Borg yet. Which game do you think is less brutal, Turtles or Walking Dead? Which has tighter shots?

I’ve got both tmnt and twdle and twd is by far and away the harder layout. Tmnt flows better and is faster because all shots lead back to the flipper, and those upper flipper shots are super satisfying. The code in both is fantastic. Lyman is Lyman and this might be his greatest work or it could be B66. Xaqery and team absolutely smoked the rules on tmnt. Horde on twd is PHENOMENAL and I’ve told Dwight that final battle is a close second to horde. Both games use the entire playfield for scoring. I really enjoy the modes in both games and the every so slight edge would go to tmnt as they’re really fun and really feel different to each other. But twd is number one and I really love the prem/Le over the pro. Tmnt I haven’t played a pro only my Le but I would think that the pro plays equally as well

#10140 1 year ago
Quoted from Theguyoverthere:

I’m glad y’all enjoyed the videos
To comment briefly about things I was saying - I mostly was talking about scoring things in competition setting, I actually love how a lot of the things in the game build towards later parts in the game from a home game environment perspective. Starting team up with that one perk that lets your inlane spots shots, but only if you beat a certain mode is awesome. The Nuetrino mode you get for training is amazing! ( and featured in my new video that just dropped ten minutes ago ).
I also like that Cowabunga makes you do EVERYTHING down to the 123 foot and the gosh darn skill shot + weapon hurry up. So even though it’s not worth many points for the risk, (again, more of an issue in tournaments) it is very important to do at least once if you want to see the wizard mode.

The octopus topping for switch frenzy just builds on itself over time. Don’t ask me how many switch hits to go from 1-2k 2-3k etc but it just happens as you hit more switches. By the end of that multiball you were racking up 22k points per switch. Before your other video I never really looked at the other toppings more than octopus but now I see the jackpot and the hold ball toppings are pretty valuable. Thanks for these videos Ray

#10141 1 year ago

Also pizza party is started after a successful training per game (I think, don’t think you can get it more than once per game) so I’d you’re level 4 via insider connected you have to complete the level 4 training to get there

2 months later
#10578 1 year ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Would you make the trade?
Guardians of the Galaxy Pro for TMNT Pro. Both stock, GoTG does not have insider connected.

I’d make the trade from GOTG to TMNT. I liked GOTG but it was too easy and felt a little grindy. Tmnt will kick your ass 6 ways from Sunday and every mode is different. Final battle is achievable and for me is just behind horde on twd for being my favourite wizard mode Dwight and team has absolutely smashed it on this one!

3 weeks later
#10671 11 months ago

Tmnt is a great game. The shots aren’t hard they’re just back on you faster than most. I love Borg games and this for my first 50 games or so I was like what have I done. But something clicked and it’s my second favourite game behind twdle

1 week later
#10698 11 months ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

What mode is a walk in the park? Don’t think I’ve seen that one yet.

I’m guessing it’s final battery as they’re in a park from memory

#10701 11 months ago

Does anyone have a problem with the ball flying off the right wire form? On really fast shots sometimes my ball flies off

#10710 11 months ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Right on. I'm a borg fan so I'm looking forward to it. I hear people don't like the game for reasons but it seems to have a good following. I'm not a huge fan of Dwight code, but maybe this game will turn it around. *fingers crossed*

Borg is the fking man. His games scream kinetic satisfaction to me. Twdle and tmntle are my number 1 and 2 games. Dwight Xaqery has done some phenomenal things in many many games. For me this is his masterpiece. He and his team have brought ALL the elements together and have coded a fantastic game. The code makes you shoot the ENTIRE playfield. Modes are really well integrated into the theme eg when Baxter is the fly the mode shots move after x seconds. Final battle is a CLOSE second to horde! Like so fking close! I think people are missing how good this game is because of how fast it is. The shots are back at you lightning quick and people get discouraged by “low” scores. Again I can’t sing the praises or John, Dwight and team on this one. My only gripe and for me it’s a smaller one (for me), because I really love how it shoots and how well the modes are integrated into the theme, is that to get a higher score you have to do well in multiballs. But I can see where they were going with that.

1 week later
#10734 11 months ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Yeah. Fast-moving balls fly off the wireform on my Premium sometimes right when they get to the glider diverter. Not sure if it was already like that because as soon as I brought it home I removed and reinstalled that wireform w/glider in order to clean and re-rubber. Maybe something is off a little bit? I need to play with it and see. Or all they all like that?

Mine comes off closer the the flippers where the wire form bends it’s Uber frustrating seeing that ball fly over the inlane plastics and drain

1 week later
#10773 10 months ago

For those think turtles code is unbalanced you should check out the GF streams by Karl. A 3 bil shot when you’re scoring a couple of mil of modes… Now that’s unbalanced!

#10774 10 months ago

Or how about a 12.4b shot when he’s scored 341m the entire game previously!!

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1789525423

2 months later
#10961 8 months ago
Quoted from brzezicki:

they really were great, super straightforward and easy to follow. Thanks for taking the time to write that up and test things.
here the video. One note: there was a wait for the HS-465 servos so I got the hitech HS-422s which were also about 1/2 price. hopefully they'll hold up.

Wow is it just me or is that new servo a lot faster than the stock Stern one? Might have to replace it just for the speed as some fast shots whiz completely past the glider sometimes

2 weeks later
#11010 8 months ago
Quoted from System-J:

Considering that people who hate it, hate it venomously, it's holding its ground on the top 100. I don't put too much stock in the top 100 overall but it's a sign that it's well loved. BKSOR is another game that people were down on for being tough, the value was low around the last run, but now seems to be very sought after.
I love both games for different reasons and wish I could've got a BKSOR when the value was lower.

My problem with bksor is that it was super grindy. Hit the targets of death. Start beats mode. Get ball to upper playfield to complete beast. Repeat. I got to the black knight once. Drained rather quickly got frustrated that it went back to the start again after the drain so I sold it. Don’t get me wrong I enjoyed it for several months but glad I moved from that to tmnt

2 weeks later
#11037 7 months ago
Quoted from acons017:

It was lit. I messed up. I don't want to talk about it.

Lol I’d be crying in the corner too. On twd I had gone through all 5 modes to then go onto the next one on ball 2 WITH an extra ball in hand. Choked hard core on the remaining ball 2, the extra ball and ball 3. FML!

2 months later
#11251 5 months ago
Quoted from bwalter:

I am really torn on TMNT. Picked up a Premium in July (first new pin in almost 5 years, thanks to having a baby and the pandemic) after playing one at my distro and being drawn in by the theme. Even at the time, I was concerned that John Borg's design would prove to be too difficult to be enjoyable. I already have an X-Men, so I know Borg's designs are challenging by nature. That said, the theming is top-notch.
I'm ~250 games in and my high score is "only" 25M (and my only game above the default 20M GC score) after one brilliant Turtle Power MB with Raphael at lvl 3 (thanks to IC storing level progress). Otherwise, it's a "dink around and drain" kind of game because of how difficult it is to capture the ball, post-pass, and just make the lit shots. I also have occasional trouble with the pizza parlor not properly releasing balls (and bringing a game to a halt as a result) that I haven't been able to solve.
I guess what I'm saying is... I'm not getting the sense that TMNT *is* making me a better player, in comparison with, say, Jurassic Park, which has definitely made me change how I play to improve. When my Venom arrives next week my game room will be full... and so I'll have to sell something to make room for whenever I can finally get a GZ Premium from my distro... and the 2 Borg games are looking like the best candidates to offload because the difficulty is keeping me from plunging and playing.

Your problem is probably with the optos. If you reseat their connections I know that’s fixed my problems once or twice

4 months later
#11902 24 days ago
Quoted from Jblock22:

Hey guys! Guess I can jump into the "looking for parts" convo as well.
Have been unable to resolve my "tri-opto" board issue with the balls not locking and/or being registered on my TMNT premium. I know it's not solely a locking issue because sometimes the balls just skate right through the pizza parlor shot without activating a mode or registering an "extra ball" when that's lit... so it's just not registering the ball. It seems to do this more consistently with fast, clean shots that don't bounce off the side as they head up and into the parlor.
The optos on that opto board are far too small to cover with tape and cleaning them hasn't done anything. I've lifted the board and tried shifting the opto boards around a few times now and still haven't been able to get the issue to resolve. I'm not certain it's bad boards but honestly I only have so much free time and by time I get the board vertical, take out the screws, drop down the opto boards and shift them around a milimeter in one direction or another, get everything set back up and into place, start the game up, play X amount of balls until I can recreate a "fast, clean shots into the parlor (rolling it up there with my hand isn't fast enough and never seems to trigger it) and then remove all the balls and rinse and repeat, I've wasted an entire evening.
At this point I figure it might just be a better use of time to replace those transmitter and receiver tri-opto boards and see if that fixes it. Someone said they were only like $10/board for replacement and at that price I think it's worth trying. However, could someone point me in the direction of a well-priced, reputable dealer for this part? I also don't want to accidentally purchase the wrong parts so if someone could help out that would be awesome. Thanks so much and hope to resolve this ongoing issue once and for all (fingers crossed).

I had a similar problem where my optos weren’t registering and I reseated the connector to the boards and haven’t had an issue since. Maybe the connector wasn’t in properly but yeah no problems now

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Hardware
Pinball Haven
Hardware

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider audioenslaved.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-club2020-cowabunga-its-pizza-time?tu=audioenslaved and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.