(Topic ID: 271489)

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Club(Stern 2020): Cowabunga! It’s Pizza Time!

By Tuxedomask23

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,044 posts
  • 828 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 41 hours ago by Afty86
  • Topic is favorited by 335 Pinsiders

You

Topic poll

“Which model are you going to purchase”

• Pro 285 votes
    50%
  • Premium 166 votes
    29%
  • LE 120 votes
    21%

(571 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240415_084026 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image.png
PXL_20240413_183258513.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_3649 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3648 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5713 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5712 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8262 (resized).jpeg
20240406_124621 (resized).jpg
SystemJPinball.ca_1_TMNT-MenuCard-PremLE-Mean1.1_example-3 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1141 TMNT fresh out-of-the-box Issues and Fixes FAQ Posted by Stosel (3 years ago)

Post #1580 Lights rebooting on the back of the machine - FIX Posted by HookedonPinonics (3 years ago)

Post #2172 playfirlo colour differences Posted by Phatchit (3 years ago)

Post #2390 Left Outlane Fix Posted by NoQuarters (3 years ago)

Post #2457 DIY Krang Mod Instructions Posted by ABE_FLIPS (3 years ago)

Post #4037 Glider Servo DIY replacement Posted by PinHead50 (3 years ago)

Post #4120 Link to Amazon product page for replacement servo for glider Posted by PinHead50 (3 years ago)

Post #4327 Sloppy soldering at factory causing overvoltage error - fix Posted by Blackzarak (3 years ago)

Post #4374 Replacing bad glider servo with amazon better one Posted by arcadenerd925 (3 years ago)

Post #4698 Center Ramp non-registering opto fix Posted by spidey (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider atrainn.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#142 3 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Sorry I own Deadpool. He taught me to talk about “my” balls. Sorry to offend. Sheesh pinside is like talking to a bunch of 1950s school monitors.

I think he was agreeing that the van opening was hardly necessary . And yeah, I'm slowly coming around to the pro and may end up getting it instead of the premium.

3 months later
#3891 3 years ago

So are nib turtles basically unobtanium right now? I spoke with a few distributors and it seems like Stern pushed the next turtles run back so they could do Avengers. I'm finally ready to order one (preferably a premium) :[

#3922 3 years ago

Just found a pro in stock and bought it! I'll be in the club soon

#3928 3 years ago
Quoted from Jon9508:

So I made a rookie mistake last night. I was putting on new flipper rubbers and it slipped off. Causing me to break the Donatello plastics above the left sling. Should I contact stern and see if I can buy a new one or go through the distributor I got it from. (One of the worst experiences I had buying a new machine)

Ask your distributor first. But uh maybe be a little vague and just say the plastic broke . They might be able to get you one

#4015 3 years ago

My distributor is super backed up with GNR so my Turtles probably won't ship until the end of the week :[. I ordered a bunch of mods, and a new set of legs, lolipop rails, hinges, and a shooter plate so I can get all of that powdercoated by the time it gets here!

#4064 3 years ago

Have many people tried the retro refurb art blades? https://www.retrorefurbs.com/shop/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-stern-night-pinball-sideblades/. The antsier I get for my Pro to ship the more I keep buying mods.

I've seen one reference to them in this thread, just curious what the material quality is like on these guys. I'm not really digging the Stern blades.

#4085 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Wow those are hideous! How many different art styles on those art blades? Go with Sterns after market art blades, material is great and the ZY art is perfect and obviously matches the rest of the art so they make a cohesive package, win win!

I'm not really a fan of the Stern art blades, but maybe I'll like them more in person? I like the look of the retro refurbs a bit more but I also have horrible taste so who knows. Either way my Turtles shipped today so I'll have it on Monday!

#4137 3 years ago

Turtles has landed!

20201013_144810 (resized).jpg20201013_144810 (resized).jpg
#4145 3 years ago

So uh has anyone ever seen something like this? My shooter lane has a huge lump of what seems to be clearcoat? It almost looks like wood glue that got clearcoated over... It's significant enough that it causes the ball to hop and occasionally throws the ball into the right side of the lane.

20201013_221202 (resized).jpg20201013_221202 (resized).jpg20201013_233031 (resized).jpg20201013_233031 (resized).jpg
#4148 3 years ago

I reached out to my distributor to see what we can do. Every handful of ball launches the ball either hops and comes rolling back down or hits the sidewall and rolls back down. Fun.

#4152 3 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

That's a nasty one. Being it's both ugly and especially since it affects play, my guess is Stern will replace it, but most likely with an unpopulated pf. My understanding is it is very difficult if not impossible to get a populated playfield anymore (even though in your case I think it is justified being a play issue). If it were mine, and Stern does send an unpopulated, I think before doing a swap I would attempt chipping off the glue and then brushing some clear over the area. You should be able to get it off if you are careful, but it's hard to say how smooth you can get it and how good the new clear would look and hold up (without some major work). I wouldn't try this before knowing I had a backup though in case it got ugly. Best of luck!

Here's a couple of better pics. The second one is zoomed in. It goes into the lane and diverts the ball. Sanding this down and re-clearcoating is pretty much the only fix as far as I'm concerned.

20201014_125029 (resized).jpg20201014_125029 (resized).jpgPFzoom (resized).pngPFzoom (resized).png
#4154 3 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Contact Stern and get a clear coat kit for any touch ups after sanding down spot. Then sand down by hand stepping up in grit until its flat and tape all the area around raised spot to not remove any clear coat thats not the raised spot. Thats how id handle it.

I'm sure that's the recommendation they'll give me. I have a ticket open so we'll see how that goes.

1 week later
#4248 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

In case anyone is interested to see, I just swapped the translite from my pro with a premium I ordered. I actually prefer premium translite, not art and will alternate once I want to mix it up.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I'm tempted to also order the premium translite since I'm not a huge fan of michelangelo on the pro. His expression is just super weird.

#4266 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

It’s literally the reason why I ordered it. Mike looks so goofy

Eh screw it I just ordered one too.

1 month later
#4998 3 years ago

Picked my turtles parts up from my powder coater yesterday! I went with illusion green ice. This is going to look sick!

PXL_20201126_220425747.MP (resized).jpgPXL_20201126_220425747.MP (resized).jpg

#5003 3 years ago
Quoted from atrainn:

Picked my turtles parts up from my powder coater yesterday! I went with illusion green ice. This is going to look sick!
[quoted image]

Well these parts turned out great!

PXL_20201127_235137451.MP (resized).jpgPXL_20201127_235137451.MP (resized).jpg
#5032 3 years ago
Quoted from Blackzarak:

Looks good we’re did you guys buy the lollipop side rails from? I seen some at pinball life but they look like if they’re notched out by the button area not sure if those are the ones people order from.

Yep, those are the ones! I buy the raw verison so my powder coater doesn't have to strip them.

Wrinkle Coated - https://www.pinballlife.com/black-button-guard-side-rails-for-stern.html
Raw - https://www.pinballlife.com/raw-steel-button-guard-side-rails-for-stern.html

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 22.00
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 7,999.00
$ 9.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 3.49
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 23.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Twisted Tokens

$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 7,000.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chester, PA
$ 16.00
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

6,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Gainesville, FL
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider atrainn.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-club2020-cowabunga-its-pizza-time?tu=atrainn and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.