(Topic ID: 271489)

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Club(Stern 2020): Cowabunga! It’s Pizza Time!

By Tuxedomask23

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,044 posts
  • 828 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by Afty86
  • Topic is favorited by 335 Pinsiders

You

Topic poll

“Which model are you going to purchase”

• Pro 285 votes
    50%
  • Premium 166 votes
    29%
  • LE 120 votes
    21%

(571 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240415_084026 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image.png
PXL_20240413_183258513.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_3649 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3648 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5713 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5712 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8262 (resized).jpeg
20240406_124621 (resized).jpg
SystemJPinball.ca_1_TMNT-MenuCard-PremLE-Mean1.1_example-3 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1141 TMNT fresh out-of-the-box Issues and Fixes FAQ Posted by Stosel (3 years ago)

Post #1580 Lights rebooting on the back of the machine - FIX Posted by HookedonPinonics (3 years ago)

Post #2172 playfirlo colour differences Posted by Phatchit (3 years ago)

Post #2390 Left Outlane Fix Posted by NoQuarters (3 years ago)

Post #2457 DIY Krang Mod Instructions Posted by ABE_FLIPS (3 years ago)

Post #4037 Glider Servo DIY replacement Posted by PinHead50 (3 years ago)

Post #4120 Link to Amazon product page for replacement servo for glider Posted by PinHead50 (3 years ago)

Post #4327 Sloppy soldering at factory causing overvoltage error - fix Posted by Blackzarak (3 years ago)

Post #4374 Replacing bad glider servo with amazon better one Posted by arcadenerd925 (3 years ago)

Post #4698 Center Ramp non-registering opto fix Posted by spidey (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Yoko2una.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1213 3 years ago

So I've watched a fair amount of the streams and searched both this thread and the original "hype" thread.

What do the "Dimension X" targets do on the sides of the left ramp entry, and does the left ramp do something different once they're lit?

#1216 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I was thrilled to play this left outlane. Has an extra post that all but eliminates the Borg bounce.

I hope so. When JD played it on DeadFlip, he got Borg’d a bunch and you could see him cursing the pinball gods.

#1221 3 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Love the game a few thoughts
1. I don’t seem to get in modes a lot as so much stuff is always starting.
2. 123 foot is fun but I feel like this is running A LOT!!
3. Sometimes a drop out of the training area will go in the left out lane

1) Don’t know as I won’t play this game for another week or two. But you have a lot of things that you can trigger to start. I think modes are lit after both main ramps are hit? 1-2-3 Foot is from the inlane, and training is it’s own deal.
2) I think from the streams is that it’s triggered once per ball and only if a mode isn’t running?
3) Yeah that’s what I was fearing with getting Borg’d.

#1377 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I'll remember this - it will be in the mix I do....along with the real TMNT Theme and go ninja vanilla ice song. Maybe some songs from the TMNT arcades too. I think the theme from TMNT2 and first level TMNT.

Yeah, TMNT 2's Konami music >>> First TMNT NES game.

#1395 3 years ago
Quoted from TonLoc777:

Anyone ever legit beat that game?

Lol I don’t think so because that game is F’ing impossible.

#1447 3 years ago
Quoted from billrz:

First mod added . 89 foot soldier figurine, his hand clamps right on the ramp . I think it fits perfect
The pictures won’t upload upright . [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

While waiting for our Pro to arrive I ransacked my parents’ house and my basement for my childhood figures. Was able to find half in a bag but couldn’t find the collector case with the rest. You know I’m going to try to find a home under the glass for Slash, Casey, Metalhead, and Shredder. Also, not pictured is a mouser.
3B51BD4B-40E5-403E-854A-490866C5197B (resized).jpeg3B51BD4B-40E5-403E-854A-490866C5197B (resized).jpeg

#1457 3 years ago

Well that’s some out of context BS @charliew65. Maybe you can get a job at Yahoo.

#1670 3 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

If you are having issues with the lair put a ball save timer on just so you don’t lose your ball
[quoted image]

Lol, is that really a game setting for Borg bounces??? He should just drop the rail between the two inlanes more to prevent the shit kicks.

#1848 3 years ago
Quoted from RoyalJack:

I have 8 video arcade machines though

Quoted from Happy81724:

Awesome, welcome to the pinball world. Watch out, they multiply!

Lol, yup. In a year or three from now, his collection will be 8 pins + 1 MAME.

Welcome @royaljack!

#1952 3 years ago

Finally entered the NIB club yesterday. Shout out to Trent @ Tilt Amusements who not only was great to work with, but he also sent my son a little goodie package since this NIB TMNT was a cheer-him-up purchase. That was really cool.

Some notes:

- Game was dialed in pretty well right out of the box. Right ramp to left orbit feeds upper flipper well. Rail to upper flipper is inline w/o gap. LAIR shot is of course impossible from the forehand, but the angled rail guide behind the LAIR target is bent and installed properly.
- I went over the PF and no pooling seen yet thankfully! However, like some other reports, I do question the PF art as it certainly seems grainy in some places... but compared to those with giant pools around the aprons and whatnot, I can't complain.
- First attempt at installing 1.11 today said it was successful, but on reboot, it showed the TMNT logo and then the blank DMD image like in Settings. Then it rebooted and did this over and over. I reinstalled on the other USB port and it worked fine.
- Had a few airballs to drain from the right wireform (center ramp) where the ball flew off the wireform, over the inlane guide and into the outlane drain. Anyone working on a mod for this like the left wireform?

Questions:

1) Does the TURTLE POWER insert stay on at all times, and only flash when MB is ready? Mine is acting this way.
2) Is the Technodrome plastic at the left tamp supposed to sit on the corner of the Van to act as a funnel preventing a ball trap? The plastic seems to be bending because of the Van right where you can see "-35" on the Technodrome plastic in the picture below
3) Is there a way as Donatello to get a mode before starting Turtle Power MB?

TMNT1 (resized).jpgTMNT1 (resized).jpg

TMNT2 (resized).jpgTMNT2 (resized).jpg

TMNT Technodrome Plastic (resized).jpgTMNT Technodrome Plastic (resized).jpg

#1974 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

shhhhhhhh - the impossible was achieved......in about 10 min.
That horrendous theme imitation will be corrected soon. cheers

Please keep working non-stop until this wrong is righted!!!

D4561329-9FA5-486E-B73E-05B77939C837.gifD4561329-9FA5-486E-B73E-05B77939C837.gif

#1985 3 years ago
Quoted from flashburn:

Where are you guys getting a Krang from?

I opted not to go with the NECA version and went with the OG version (used on eBay) because I wanted the figure back that I apparently lost from childhood.

#1992 3 years ago

Is there a super skill shot in the game? Holding the left flipper on plunge and hitting Krang or center ramp gives like 200 points. My son got more points on a standard plunge that bounced back down the right orbit, spun the spinner a few times got like 1000 points. Seems weird.

Also the Pro light show is legit!

#2003 3 years ago
Quoted from NC_Pin:

It kinda reminds me of how Spiderman is a take on AFM - just with a 3rd flipper.

2nd time I’ve read this malarkey this week. Besides SR once saying the sandman bank and toy was a tribute to AFM, in what other way is SM alike AFM? The layouts aren’t the same at all.

#2026 3 years ago
Quoted from Bmwdrummer:

Ok... So I finally got the correct LE 1.11 code installed as a Full Install. Now I am getting the scores ending in non "0" numbers. This definitely does not seem correct and the matches now do not work. See pic. Anyone else notice something like this?
[quoted image]

Having the exact same issue. Don’t know if it has a TNA-esque scoring for the 1’s column now.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#2028 3 years ago

Also “Dad, I didn’t say you couldn’t. I said you shouldn’t!”

DD6C87EC-BB31-4492-B460-F7457E52FD72 (resized).pngDD6C87EC-BB31-4492-B460-F7457E52FD72 (resized).png

#2033 3 years ago
Quoted from nitroman28:

The fact that Stern thought the pizza motor was exceptable just blows my mind.

Agreed. Mine was noisy but whatever day 1-2. Now on day 3 it’s concerning how loud it is. Grinding like crazy. Got lithium grease tonight to try to address tomorrow per a few pages ago.

#2055 3 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I just posted several messages back about this. The dc motor that drives the pizza wheel has a small gearbox on the end of it. I disassembled it, cleaned the gears and re-lubed with a liberal amount of white lithium grease.
Sorry, I didn't take any pictures of it disassembled, but here is where the gearbox is located. For anyone that disassembles this, please note there are a few very tiny shim washers inside. It is not difficult to disassemble and reassemble. Make sure the pizza spinner is level with playfield when done.
I know what the grinding sounds like and it can be very loud. This will remedy that completely.
Rob
[quoted image]

This should be made a key post. It took a long ass time to get it out and disassembled, but I was able to take the entire thing apart down to the gearbox, grease the gears and the nylon washers, and now it runs silently. This is a must for anyone with grinding pizza mech.

#2058 3 years ago
Quoted from JonCBrand:

I just ordered the full shooter lane protector kit from Cliffys.

What did you order? I was just on the site but it looks like there's not a common model for SPIKE and TMNT is still in the works it looks.

#2097 3 years ago

Same as mine
image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#2170 3 years ago
Quoted from Potatoloco:

The simple fix is to delay your post pass flip slightly longer than what you're used to. If you're still having difficulty, the other way is to flip really early on the post pass causing the ball to slightly go up the inlane, then use the momentum to flick the ball over to the other flipper.

This. A slightly delayed post pass works on both flippers. This is critical in training to get the left ramp after the right ramp usually puts the ball on the left flipper, and in general when you're looking to light Episode Start.

#2271 3 years ago
Quoted from MutterFudder:

I've noticed two things on 1.11, wondering if anyone else is seeing these as well:
- When missing the skill shot, the audio sounds blown out/clipping.
- On some modes/screens, my screen looks like it has a few dead/stuck green pixels. It's not all the time or on all the screens, so I don't think I actually have dead pixels, but I'm not sure if it's in the software or not.

I just noticed the "dead pixel" thing as well. 4 green dots. Next time I'll see if it's all the time or just certain screens.

1 week later
#2558 3 years ago

Operation "shove as much of my childhood under the glass as I can" is going well. Had some Comet Matrix items kicking around so I replaced the top left backboard LED with a Martix one w/ connector, and then used one of their sticky red LED strips to light up the ramp behind the Technodrome. Came out great for spare parts I had lying around. Tried green too, but red looks much better with the red flasher in front.

Torn on what to do with Krang. I saw one of the modders who used zip ties to the post that goes up to the center ramp opto. I think it tucks my Krang too far back and I think his current placement is better. But if I want him to jiggle, I either need to use a very large and ugly spring, or go back to the post w/ zip ties, and have a small hanging post behind him in the orbit. Still don't know if I want him to light up or not. I was hoping the pop under him had a traditional LED, but it's one of those tiny LED boards so I can't use Matrix, so I probably have to solder to the Krang loop insert and I really didn't want to solder on this.

TMNT PF 4 (resized).jpgTMNT PF 4 (resized).jpg

#2570 3 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Premiums look great, are all the pro grainy or just some? Just curious if they gave a cheaper playfield on pros and the better ones for le/prem

That would be a valid question if both model playfields were routed the same, but the LAIR shot on the Pro is different from the Prem/LE due to number of switches (maybe other differences as well due to shooter lane ramp, but I haven't looked). Therefore all Pro's are routed one way and the difference in quality between Pro's is exclusive to the Pro. Prem/LE quality is its' own separate playfield lottery. Vendors who do the art and clear is the main variable at this point.

#2579 3 years ago
Quoted from epichoff:

Do you have to remove the pizza spinner mech
From the playfield to oil it? Can it be done by just lifting the playfield and oiling it while still attached?

You have to remove the entire mech from the game and disassemble all the way to the gearbox innards to lubricate in order to get rid of the pizza grinding. Pain in the ass but worth it. No way to do it without full removal and disassembly.

#2584 3 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

Are you sure about this, i have had extrem grinding noise and i got rid of it by using silicon grease on the 2 white washers.
Is your spinner totally quiet right now? if so i will open the gearbox too and grease it. I saw there are really tiny parts in there, and would not recommend to open it.

White washers did nothing for me. Grinding noise was terrible. Had to get inside the gearbox. Same thing I had to do on an old WCS.

#2589 3 years ago
Quoted from durgee7:

I did the same thing (removing from playfield), and just applied lithium grease to the 2 white washers, leaving the entire assembly intact. It made the difference, and my pizza wheel no longer makes loud grinding sounds.

I did exactly this but it did nothing. My pizza was LOUD and sounded like there was sand inside. Should everyone be disassembling the entire mech and getting in the gears? Probably not. But if you have basic mechanical aptitude and the washer greasing method does nothing, you got to take the next step.

#2612 3 years ago
Quoted from djWHEAT:

]
I looked around but I didn't see protectors specifically for TMNT. Not sure if I'm just blind or if people are buying a "generic" protector.

You have to go to the What's New page on Passionforpinball.com and you'll see the TMNT Pro and Prem/LE in development. He hasn't moved them over to the products page yet so you just have to reach out. I have my set on order already.

Also, for the time being in a home environment, go into settings and crank down the shooter eject power.

#2685 3 years ago
Quoted from hawkfanz:

Question for the owners out there...is this game fun for younger kids or is it frustratingly hard? I love everything I've seen about this game but I'm worried a lot of owners are saying it's fast and unforgiving. I love that style but want to make sure the whole family would enjoy it.

Define "young". My son is 11 and just getting tall enough (and still on a small stool) to see and time upper flipper shots. On our ST (and when we had SM) he usually skips the upper flipper shots. Not a big deal on ST, but essential on TMNT.

Also I'd say the game is very fast but not frustrating. Ours is parked next to ACDC, and that's fast as well and my son is starting to put some real good games together. He just needs to learn TMNT more as the rules aren't as straightforward, and the shots are much tighter. Just about everything is a forehand.

If your kids are younger, the theme may be ideal, but the gameplay may be too fast and rules a bit hard to remember (but at least you can play as a team).

#2689 3 years ago
Quoted from hawkfanz:

Thanks this info helps a lot! I've got a 10, 7, and 4 year olds. Mainly thinking about my 10 year old as the 7 year old girl only plays with her American Girl Doll pinball, and the 4 year old loves to play but obviously just constantly presses the flipper buttons (which oddly helps him get to Deadpool's multiball pretty quickly). The co-op mode really might be what sells this game for me as it can convince the kids to play more and not just be frustrated that my turn is taking too long.

Co-op was the key for us. We were mainly torn between TMNT, Hot Wheels, and MBr (in that order, all NIB) with GnR worthy of consideration... if it ever had been freggin released. TMNT won because of Co-op play and price. Your 10yr old will love it, especially if he/she watched the modern series on Nickelodeon (obviously inferior to the OG version, but allows them to know all the characters). Totally harmless theme. Super fun game. Just some tight shots.

#2692 3 years ago
Quoted from Looprunner:

I also will not let anybody that's good at pinball play Donatello. The really young kids love hitting that mult-ball right away. They also like to go after the Donatello championship. I keep that championship reserved for the little ones.

You know, my son loved playing Donatello for that very reason. But you can also get into Ninja Pizza MB very easy with the only shot "up the middle" in the game. Once he learned that, Raph became the TMNT of choice because now he can get into a mode much easier and then with 1 ball locked. With Don you got to get into Foot 1-2-3 (no shot feeds it, so you just have to sort of flail and nudge) and then hit the right ramp if you don't want to start TP MB right away, so because that's a must in our strategy, Don's now the hardest TMNT for us to start with. I can totally see why kiddos like the TP MB off the bat though.

#2739 3 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

I think Dwight copped a little flack after star wars for blowing out scores with multipliers so he pulled it back on munsters... a step in the wrong direction I think. Lyman seems to have the scoring balanced perfectly. If your a good player you get rewarded with huge scores.
Dwight has course corrected way too far. If i want to play a low scoring game i just fire up a JJP game. Some juicy and lucrative scoring and crazy multipliers is what I like about dwights coding... this low scoring stuff just pisses me off c'mon dwight sort it.

You just have to get used to it... or imagine an extra '0' at the end of all the scores. It does get you to realize how important a 2mil April hurry up, or a 2.5mil Super Jackpot is in the game.

#2745 3 years ago
Quoted from djWHEAT:

Which setting is this exactly in the service menus? I found one that I thought was it, and it was set to a number (260 I believe), what did you end up setting it at? Or am I looking at the wrong setting?

I forget where I found it, but I cranked it down to the min power available. Still gets the job done. Also turned down the BG brightness to the lowest level without going off when in gameplay. That, in a dark room, plus a Bent Plastic DMD glare guard to block the LCD is the closest thing you can get to invisiglass without actually taking the plunge.

#2784 3 years ago

Anyone know what’s up with April when you have to collect her Hurry Ups and her letters are scrolling up and down? When it does this, you can’t collect letters to get Battle Again or Hurry Up.

The problem with this is late in the game, I’ve needed to finish the 5 April Hurry Ups to qualify Cowabunga (yes I’m obviously playing Co-op 4 player). But her letters are scrolling on some ball starts and I can’t do anything to get it back to collecting letters. I’ve tried MB, I’ve tried getting into Weapon and Foot. Nada.

The kicker is if you collect everything early (Foot, Weapon, Triple mondo, Grande, Krang) and you get to ball 3, you don’t want to complete the 8th mode until you have all the April’s done because you can’t collect April in Final Battle. Getting locked out of April means Cowabunga isn’t happening (unless you somehow beat Final Battle, but I don’t know if it opens up after that again).

#2788 3 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

You can collect 2 April awards before you need to start an episode to re-enable them. Michelangelo starts with Battle Again lit so you could get 2 April hurry-ups done before playing the first episode. But with everyone else, you can only get one April Hurry-up before the first episode.

This is good to know! You really can't wait on Aprils until the 8th mode then, because you'll get into Final Battle first and never have the chance to collect them unless (I assume) you beat Final Battle.

Also...

I just learned that you can't qualify Cowabunga and not have played Final Battle on Ball 3 for the same reason. I just played a 4-player Co-op and got Aprils early. On Ball 2, I got through all members' Team Up, except I drained on P4, so it still had to be played on Ball 3. On P1-P3 Ball 3, I then collected everything else for Cowabunga. However, now all the players have to play Final Battle first... which is freggin TOUGH. So you'll most likely drain in Final Battle and not get to Cowabunga. P4 still had to go through Team Up first... and then after that I went straight into Final Battle. Of course I then lost, and though I saw the screen after a few players that said "Cowabunga is ready", unless you can beat Final Battle on Ball 3, or get to it on Ball 2, you ain't seeing Cowabunga.

#2793 3 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

The scoring could always be dialed back a bit to accommodate it. I just don't like the idea of theoretically being locked out of cowabunga. No idea if it's a realistic concern anyway.

Yeah, I'm just trying to beat the game, and then once I've learned how everything works, see if I can do it all with just 3 Turtles, 2 Turtles...etc. But since EACH turtle has to get through Team Up and Final Battle, and because with 8 episodes, you can really only get the EB for each turtle if each starts 2 episodes. Since you'd rather get them out of the way quick and get into Team Up ASAP, you will have some turtles that probably won't get the 2-episode EB. Therefore I think the only other EB is through lots of pizza.

But you will really have to map out a plan in order to maximize EB's, stage episodes, get enough April's, and not have Final Battle on the last ball if you ever want to sniff Cowabunga.

#2797 3 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

What if you get an extra ball on ball 3?
And are we sure it's not 'Are you a Cowabunga?'
Rob

It's going to be hard to get an extra ball on Ball 3. The EB's are going to happen way earlier than that or not happen at all. Basically since Final Battle is a MF'er (especially Bebop and Rocksteady in Stage 2 with only 1 ball and crazy lighting, still requiring a LAIR shot and eventually both orbits on timers) you can't save Final Battle til Ball 3 if you want to see Cowabunga (again, you'll probably use your EB's before this).

You realistically need to get through Final Battle on Ball 2, which means you probably need to get to Team Up on Ball 1 and collect everything else required in the first 2 balls. This is why Cowabunga is going to be super hard to reach.

#2865 3 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Does anyone know how to select turtle with action button and not have to launch ball? Otherwise hard to do skill shot. Not used to plunge then hold down left flipper then release and then go for inner ramp or loop. xaqery is that some option where action button selects turtle and does NOT launch ball?

If I read that correctly, just use the right flipper button to go to the turtle after the one you want (in the L-D-R-M turtle cycle), then let go and hold down the left flipper to go back one while plunging manually or with the center button. This will select the turtle you initially wanted while also sending the ball around to the upper flipper (speaking for the Pro model). As soon as ball is launched, release left button and get ready for cross shot to Krang orbit or center ramp.

#2921 3 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

1) the action button for launching is a huge benefit for non-pinball people. Stern and the pros know this
2) you can select your turtle just fine on the pro and do the skill shot... it's called holding the button.

This is going to sound dumb since I have a boat load of games on my TMNT Pro now, but is there an actual (super) skill shot on the Pro when cycling one step past a turtle, holding in the left button to go back, and plunging? I do this anyways, because it's how you collect weapon on Donatello. With Leo I want as much ball save time as possible to go for Lair, so I do it anyways, and with Raph I want to start a mode ASAP. But is there an actual skill shot with the left button pressed with the upper flipper besides Donatello?

#3147 3 years ago

Left outlane is a BITCH. You have to learn to deal with it. Learn where on your right sling leads to drain and nudge up the second before it hits the sweet spot. Also work on April to get Ball Save lit and have your settings set to outlane save switches sides with flipper press. Then you may... may... have a fighting chance.

#3166 3 years ago
Quoted from billrz:

Been like this since day 1. I’ve obviously lifted the playfield. I’ve removed the entire mech and made sure all was tight. Ya all very tight! I tried to grease the 2 nylon washers. But I didn’t have the proper Alan key (super small). So I couldn’t check if that was tight. Everything else was tight as hell. And when I put it back in, I made sure it was all nice n tight n snug. Still wobbly as ever . I’m gonna try m get distributed to order me a new one? . It’s super grindy, I had to turn it off. Bit the wobble still effects game play.

I wouldn't say mine is as bad as yours, but it's still like 75% of your movement. I took the whole damn mech apart and reassembled (I lubed the gearbox gears to address the super grindy noise you mentioned). Everything is tight and secured and the pizza still has a bit of wobble to it. I'm guessing a fair number are like this. Let me know what your distro says.

#3184 3 years ago
Quoted from billrz:

Found the Alan wrench. All nuts n bolts are nice n tight. Still impossible to level it with playfield and putting grease on the nylon washers won’t change this I don’t think? It does grind like crazy.

Leveling is a feel thing with the wobble. I think I found the right balance where it's pretty level regardless.

Concerning the grinding, though many here claim just the washer trick worked, it did not solve mine. This is what solved mine and should be a key post in this thread. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-club2020-cowabunga-its-pizza-time/page/35#post-5774649

#3205 3 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Yes I have the pro. I think I will put up with pin vibrating. I guess that is to be expected, when pizza multiball starts. Just didn’t want to cause damage to the mech. Thanks for responding.

Even without the shaker in the game, you will get some shaking of the game with Pizza MB starts. You can have 1-3 balls on the pizza, potentially more when balls autolaunch. Any imbalance (even number of balls connected on the magnet, or 2 balls on 1 side of center) will shake the machine until the magnet releases.

#3363 3 years ago
Quoted from epichoff:

Did anyone ever get to cowabunga yet?

Yes... in 4-player Co-op mode.

#3389 3 years ago
Quoted from Waxx:

It is odd they chose to put the logo 2 inches above the logo on the Translite.

I absolutely hate when a logo gets put on top of the same logo! That topper logo blocks most of the Technodrome! Ditch it and let the Technodrome look bigger! It's also not going to confuse anyone on what game it belongs to because it will always be installed 4" above the translite logo. Ugh.

#3501 3 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

But I will say this : I think the release dates for these games are too close together. The life cycle is getting too short. And it’s hurting the support of their existing pins as well as their customer base being able to afford to buy these new pins.

From what I understand TMNT was delayed due to COVID related production issues. But AIQ had a firm release date regardless, because it had to line up with the new Xbox/PS4 game. AIQ was coming out now no matter what and TMNT should've been here in the Spring. Not much you can go about global pandemics.

TMNT also has fairly good demand. Stern was supposed to run EHOH again, but because of AIQ commitments and TMNT popularity, EHOH's next run got pushed back 1-2 months.

#3512 3 years ago

I can't backhand the left ramp at all, but I can post pass. Right ramp is backhandable. Ball times are as fair as my ACDC Prem and ST Pro. You just have to use proper ball control... and a lot! Balls hitting the upper right sling are almost doomed for left outlane, so avoid flailing. I got to Cowabunga again in Co-op earlier, and almost on Ball 2. Going to try with 3 turtles tonight.

1 week later
#3653 3 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

Also for the multiballs,
NPMB: destroy 6 foot to light Mondo JP at the Krang Loop, collect Mondo to light double mondo, collect double Mondo to light triple Mondo JP. Double and Triple Mondo are lit on a timer. Collecting the 1st Mondo will also light Jackpoto Grande/Super JP at the LAIR Lane.
TPMB: 4 lit shots to light mondo, double/triple/super is the same as NPMB. Plus shoot the 4 turtle shots to light add-a-ball at the right ramp.
That's how I understand it.

I think this is correct, and if it’s not 100%, it’s almost entirely correct.

Also, I find in MB’s that the Krang loop is the hardest to hit. There’s just too much congestion in the middle and Krang is a tight shot anyways. Therefore I end up trying to hit a few other jackpots quick and then (skillfully) drain while ball save is on. This puts a bunch of balls back up top quick, a few of which will fall back through the Krang loop. Depending on what you’ve done before, you just got some of the Mondos or lit Max Krang at the center ramp.

Then with 2 balls on the left flipper you can backhand the Jackpoto Grande and cross that off the Cowabunga checklist as well.

1 week later
#3898 3 years ago
Quoted from Crater:

So I switched all the rubber to Titan rings this last weekend.

I'm thinking of doing the same thing. Did you just go by the manual (I haven't looked in there yet) and just order the entire elastomer BoM?

Quoted from kidchrisso:

Stern should be embarrassed to have that mental piece for a diverter on the pro. Someone should come up with a decal or mod for it.

Yeah, I haven't figured out what I want to do there yet. Because it's active when completing 1-2-3 Foot, Training, and Weapon, I wanted to put some sais or other TMNT weapon there, but I haven't come up with anything worthy yet.

3 weeks later
#4297 3 years ago
Quoted from Yobits:

Can you please provide a list of the Colored titan rubbers you had to order, i was planning on just all green, but matching them with the playfield will look much better
Also do low bounce make games a bit easier ?
whats peoples opinion on low bounce flipper rubbers

I used this kit, all green. Was actually a much easier install then I thought. Once you get remove the two wireforms you can access just about everything. I didn't worry about PF color matching. Green everywhere looks great.

https://www.titanpinball.com/kits/index.php/view/id/1463

#4301 3 years ago

Sorry. Forgot to paste the link above, so I edited that post. Here's some pics installed.

Titans installed 1 (resized).jpgTitans installed 1 (resized).jpg
Titans installed 2 (resized).jpgTitans installed 2 (resized).jpg

#4412 3 years ago

Finally, the 'Gang of 8' is now complete. Krang was the most difficult mod for me, because I wanted the OG Krang figure so that it matched the others, I wanted him to move, and I wanted him to at least illuminate (if not flash). I tapped into the white GI bulb behind that pop bumper with Comet Matrix. Because the Krang insert is RGB on a small board, I didn't want to play around with that. But if someone tells me I can tap into the green flasher in the pops nest with Comet Matrix, I may revisit the lighting part as it flashes with a Krang loop shot. But overall, we now have a moving, illuminated OG Krang and completes the 8 figures I wanted in the game.

Krang 1 (resized).jpgKrang 1 (resized).jpg
Family portrait (resized).jpgFamily portrait (resized).jpg

#4423 3 years ago
Quoted from BrotherSir:

Has anyone completed 5 April Hurry Ups to qualify Cowabunga? I'm not usually counting, but I feel the most I've ever completed in one game is 2.

It's a lot easier in Co-op, that's for sure. I tried a few games where that was my only objective. It's tough. A bit easier on Mikey because you're halfway there on Ball 1. But after 2 April's, you have to start a mode to light them back up.

1 week later
#4614 3 years ago

The topper is fugly, redundant, flat, and lazy. Save the $1000 and buy like a Flash or Comet.

Edit: Having now seen the video above, I'll add poorly executed to the list.

#4617 3 years ago
Quoted from protocol_j:

Does this carry a new game mode?

Better. It carries another TMNT logo!!!

1 week later
#4775 3 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

123 foot is super satisfying when you mail it , but super annoying when you start it and it just takes over

I wish there was an abort where you could hit the action button within 1 second of starting 1-2-3 Foot to cancel the mode and save it for later. This way it wouldn't let 1-2-3 get in the way of your current strategy.

1 week later
#4917 3 years ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

I'd always go for the tape route instead of drilling. I use this tape for tons of mods and it almost seems to be made for pinball machines: amazon.com link »

Drink every time they say Alien Tape -

#4921 3 years ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

Ha! That's basically the stuff. I didn't know it was an 'as-seen-on-tv' product, that would have deterred me from buying it in the first place.

I’ve been using double sided foam tape for mine but there are issues. My Rocksteady is a tricky location (right orbit) and the foam tape doesn’t have a ton of contact area. Also if I lift the PF, like 3 of my 8 figures fall off. I liked the idea of Alien tape. It looks like it holds better, and even more important, it looks better as it’s clear. White foam tape on a black shooter lane rail sticks out under a figure’s foot.

1 month later
#5224 3 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

- The center ramp misses counting fast shots.

I see two issues with this shot on my Pro. If you nail the center ramp in a combo shot, it can either slightly jump the opto area so you don't credit, it can fly off the wireform halfway back and end up in the outlane, or both. I've somewhat addressed the opto issue, but the return wireform jumps could really use a protector (or a mod like the sewer pipe mod).

Quoted from PinHead50:

For the love of all things turtles please watch this.............

And for the love of all things pinball and comedy, please watch this.........

#5230 3 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Just got my Tilt Graphics art blades installed. I’m a little torn on these. I like the concept and subtlety but kind of wonder if I should have gone with the Stern ones. I love their action button plate though!
I also mounted my original Shredder, Bebop, and Rocksteady. Need to get a Krang at some point. Never had him when I was a kid. My turtles and Splinter are on top of the back box.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
[quoted image]

(In Splinter voice) You are correct, my son... in regards to putting Bebop and RockSteady in the left and right orbits. It's almost like there should be default stands to put them there. It just makes so much sense. I did Shredder on top of the Technodrome plastic. I can't find half of my TMNT toys (including Krang and the giant TMNT van that shoots pizza discs) but I found enough to fill up the PF. I then bought an OG Krang and put an LED in his head and mounted him on a spring so I have a moving Krang on a Pro which is good enough for me.

But I LOVE what you did with the figures on top. I have the 4 main turtles unopened in their packaging. Was hoping to make a topper out of them still in box... but I don't have the ceiling clearance. I do have opened turtles as well. I may have to check the clearance to see if I can fit opened figures instead as I really like how your's looks!

#5243 3 years ago
Quoted from Soulstoner:

You can set it as always qualified in settings.

That's what I think will be the "no topper" workaround. In the settings you have to just select qualification to always, and it should be in the menu of game modes when starting.

Quoted from m00nmuppet:

Fixed:
- Fixed BATTLE AGAIN carrying over from one game to the next. It will reset at
the start of the game and carry over from ball to ball.

I noticed this over the past week. I'd start a game (sometimes 4 player, sometimes 1-player), always Raph as P1 and sometimes I'd have Battle Again lit right off the get go and wonder why. This must be what was happening, and the fix for it. That would've been unfair if that made its way into tourney play.

#5319 3 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

We’re very happy with our pro. Don’t feel the need for the diverter.

And I haven't heard one person say "I couldn't live without the pizza disc spinning the other direction as well".

#5358 3 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Got my Krang (a great Christmas present from my wife and daughter!), so did a little rearranging and put him in. Love it! [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Sweet. I got the same one. I like how it was from the same series as the other figures.

If you want to go nuts, that Krang toy has a hole under the head the size of a LED. I drilled through his seat and glued a bright white LED into his head and ran the wires underneath. I tied it to the GI bulb right behind that pop with Comet Matrix so it's basically on all the time, but if you want to go over the top, you can go to the LED board for the Krang insert and solder it to activate when one of the colors lights (I think someone here did the red), so when it's flashing Krang is flashing, and even better, when Krang talks he's also lit up.

1 week later
#5460 3 years ago
Quoted from HookedonPinonics:

I don't believe anyone here has reported getting to Cowabunga which is the final wizard mode on TMNT. Turtles is a hard game, layout and code wise. Cowabunga requires you to complete 7 objectives. 4 of those being a hurry up type of objective, 2 being getting the super jackpots in the multiballs and last getting to Final Battle which is achieved by playing the 8 modes in the game. Its very challenging to collect all the objectives. The game forces you to veer off the path to get the hurry up objectives which causes a very frantic style play. That with the layout and the amount of combos that can happen, make this game an ass kicker but a ton of fun once you get the hang of it. The code also offers additional modes with the Training modes which allows you to level up your turtles, Team up mini wizard mode which is achieved by finishing 4 of the modes to get you to Final Battle and Coop mode which allows players to choose different turtles to work together. I have been close to getting to Cowabunga on 4 player coop and have not heard of any others playing 4 player coop and getting to Cowabunga. I would say there is plenty to do in the game and it will take you awhile to beat it.

Quoted from Audioenslaved:

I think I was a couple of modes away from getting to cowabunga. I find that getting krang and the super jackpots kind of just happen. Where as the weapon hurry up is the hardest if the lot to get because you’ve got to A get your skill shot and depending on which turtle you are depends on how hard that shot is. And B shoot the centre ramp on command during a hurry up! That for me is the hardest of the qualifiers. I haven’t gotten to final battle yet either. For some reason I’m always trying for cowabunga instead of going for things in stages.
xaqery has coded a fantastic game. He and his team MAKE you shoot the entire playfield. Some games focus on a few shots to get your score higher but this game makes you shoot them all. For instance bksor makes you shoot the flail, shield and black knight shots more often than not. But then to score big get it up to the sky loop and just slap it around up there. That got old for me. There was no advantage to staying down the bottom and shooting the lit shots it was more lucrative to go up top loop it around and hit the target. Zzzzzzzz. Turtles forces you to hit left and right ramps to get a mode qualified but then each mode forces you around the playfield. I think my favourite mode is one of the krang modes where the red shot roams and if you hit a yellow shit that shot gets locked out from that mode.

I've gotten to Cowabunga twice, both in 4-player co-op mode. One time was with my son as I dragged him into Ball 3 when I saw it was going to happen, which was super fun. In a 1-player game, I've hit all the criteria except Final Battle, because I barely made it to Team Up in that game. A bunch of random events and virtually no mode progression.

Whoever makes it to Cowabunga first on a one player game will almost certainly know it early on in a game because they got into a MB and quickly got Krang and Triple Mondo done. Jackpoto Grande is one shot and easier than what Krang and Triple Mondo require. If you can check off Krang and Mondo quick, now you know your main objective is to baby step your way through the modes (no need to win them... heck, drain the 2nd ball on Team Up too since it's just a roadblock), while being cognizant of the checklist items when they appear. Don't wait until Ball 3 for Weapon and 1-2-3 Foot, but don't center you entire strategy around them as you'll never get into modes. Just defeat them when you stumble into them along your mode quest, and definitely get the two main EB's.

If I had @xaqery's ear for one moment, I'd kindly suggest that Krang and Triple Mondo are both too similar and too difficult. Both require 3 (TIGHT) inner orbits, but Krang is at stupid fast speeds, and then needs a center ramp shot (which may not register at said speeds, depending on your setup). Triple Mondo in a MB at least doesn't require it as a combo so you have a chance. I'd suggest either making Krang's requirement ANY number of Krang combos (even if just one Krang loop, and then center ramp), or nix it all together and have that requirement change to a Training Mode completion requirement. I think both ideas still make you touch all corners of the rules while also not neutering it or having a bunch of players just say "play better". IMHO it's like a 98-99% perfectly coded game.

As others said above, it's not always about Wizard, but instead high scores... but if you can have both, a deep and broad game with tons of scoring objectives AND that rare chance to pinball immortality bragging rights, that's a damn good combo.

#5497 3 years ago
Quoted from acons017:

Does anyone have the technodrome mod or the RGB Raph ramp light mod from Mezel Mods? Would love to see a video before buying it. Thanks dudes

Though I like the multi-color ramp lighting mod, I wasn't going to spend $50 for it. I also wasn't going to spend $25 for the single color mod.

If you look at the back panel right over the ramp, you have LED's and you can replace the left most one with a Comet Matrix bulb with leads. Then attach one of the matrix strips, color of your choice, back there (they have an adhesive backing). Done in like 3 minutes and maybe $8 out of pocket. I had both red and green lying around. I liked red better.

2 weeks later
#5646 3 years ago

Sell me the WWE on the super cheapy???

#5647 3 years ago

Can anyone explain the skill shots to me? So we have the top lane plunge which with just the action button will hit it mine about a 3rd of the time (some hit the other top lane, some come down the Krang loop... maybe the occasional bounce back down the right orbit but rare).

We also have the left-flipper-hold which sends it around, but unlike ST, or ACDC, I see nothing lit when I do this bypass. The no-brainer is the Krang loop or the center ramp, but those don't have any fan fare when hit on the plunge. If I let the ball come all the way around the most obvious shot would be the right ramp, but that doesn't do anything either. So is there a super skill shot or not? I feel like I'm plunging around the orbit, just to avoid the time in the pops, but have nothing to go for like I do in so many other Sterns. Am I completely wrong in this? Hope so.

1 week later
#5731 3 years ago
Quoted from Soulstoner:

Should be no worries about a Pro model (which I think is the one to get). My Pro that was made on Nov 18th has a washed out playfield that I'm not thrilled about, but that's about the only thing I can find wrong with it.

Woah, people had submitted claims WELL before that about the art quality. The fact they kept those PF's in inventory and shipped them in games speaks volumes about how they approach QC. Those should've been removed from stock the minute the issues were reported.

#5763 3 years ago
Quoted from kell:

Got a delivery notification from UPS today, for delivery tomorrow, for mine. Hadn't heard a word in months.

Still hoping I get one of these "delivery notifications" soon. I was told in October that I'd get an unpopulated when they next run the Pros. Seems like it's happening...

2 weeks later
#5967 3 years ago
Quoted from Taygeta:

Scoring is still weird, but for me the challenging layout and insane amount of tasks to reach the end of the game are what keep me coming back, the scoring is kind of negligible. I wouldn't buy it again if scoring was enough for you to sell it in the first place.

Agreed. You kind of have to imagine an extra ‘0’ at the end of the score if you want to make sense with some other Sterns.

But there’s just a ton to do in the game, and since we have Regular, Co-op, Teams, Final Battle Wizard game, and now Half Shell race mini game, there’s more ways to enjoy this single machine than arguably any other game on the market.

3 weeks later
#6236 3 years ago
Quoted from Bou-Da:

New retro style game from Tribute Games, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder's Revenge.
Mike Patton is the one singing the TMNT theme song!

But why did he have to sing it so awkwardly, especially in the names verse. Just sing the rhythm of the song.

Oh well, at least someone knows how to animate April

1 month later
#6441 3 years ago
Quoted from J-Freeze:

I got one! They are on the shelves!
[quoted image]

Anyone having problems getting one, PM me. I know someone who snagged a few semi-close to me.

#6453 3 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

No what I mean is COMPLETION of Team Up isn't needed for qualification, but if you GET to Team Up and Complete the Mode, you're REWARDED with an auto-completion of a Cowabunga Qualifier randomly.

This is a fantastic idea. I was on a Cowabunga-quest last night, so I played a 4p co-op game. Had one of the most monster Ball 1's ever. See pic below, which was before my EB. Still didn't get to Cowabunga, which shows that this game is an ass-kicker and I suck at pinball.

Team Up and Final Battle are roadblocks to Cowabunga. You must play through them, and everything else basically shuts off when they're available. So unless you can beat Final Battle, you have to play it on Ball 2 to have a chance to sniff Cowabunga (tall order), and then there's all the hard things to collect as well.

Having Team Up completion qualify one of the grid items would be HUGE perk for completing one of the mandatory roadblocks that is Team Up, while also putting Cowabunga within the realm of possibility.

Ball 1 (resized).jpgBall 1 (resized).jpg

2 weeks later
#6565 2 years ago
Quoted from BaxterStockman:

There is a sewer pipe mod that fixes that for people having that issue.
I've never had that problem on mine, but still have considered getting the mod because it looks cool.

I think there’s only a sewer pipe mod for the left ramp. On my Pro, I can fly off the center ramp if I nail it on the fly. Will usually end up in the shooter lane or fly over my right flipper into the drain.

#6579 2 years ago
Quoted from BaxterStockman:

There is a clear plastic for the center ramp if it's flying off before it gets to the wireform. Not sure if there is a right side pipe mod.

Flying off while on the wireform unfortunately. After the parallel wireforms section when the center ramp/wireform then turns toward the shooter lane, too much speed will launch it off there.

2 months later
#7047 2 years ago

Don't know if anyone else experiences this issue, but a quick code fix could help immensely if I'm not the only one.

If the LAIR post is up, it will allow a ball to slowly return to the left inlane once it detects the ball and lowers. However, when in a scenario where it has the post down, it can hum through there, hit the rail between the two inlanes (because it had a higher exit velocity out of the LAIR) and bounce into the outlane. My game seems to be set up perfectly, so I think a quick code fix would be a condition where the LAIR post is down and the LAIR switch is hit, left outlane ball save for 2 seconds is lit. The issue in question happened twice last night and really irked me. Anyone else?

#7050 2 years ago
Quoted from Thomas3184:

There is a setting for lair ball save you can set it to 2 seconds.

There is? How the heck did I miss that??? Going to look for it now. Thanks!

1 year later
#9232 1 year ago
Quoted from System-J:

Knapp is reporting conficting info on if stern is retiring tmnt:

What's "conflicting" about that? Seems pretty clear to me that the Dec. production run (which was widely known to be the last run) is getting bumped up to September. After this run they won't be running TMNT ever again and it will be archived on their site.

1 year later
#11366 5 months ago
Quoted from cabal:

still don't know why it is so hated

As a former Pro owner, but one who still plays a Pro frequently, I'll add my thoughts.

1) 1-2-3 Foot is still a bit obtrusive.

2) Similar to Lightsaber Dual in SW, Team Up halts the game and forces you to play that mode.

3) Though I had games where I could sometimes flirt with playing most of the modes and getting some of the minor objectives, Triple Krang and Triple Mondo are crazy hard to get alone, and borderline impossible to get in the same game.

4) Some scoring issues (April offering like 10k or 3M comes to mind).

In tournies I used to play as Raph and start modes and get into NPPMB. But I found myself focusing too much on the modes which weren't giving enough points. Meanwhile everyone else chooses Donnie and just starts TPMB and is getting jackpots 8sec after plunge. Throw in some Mondos and some JP Grandes and you're fighting an uphill battle... for playing the game the way it was intended. Donnie sort of reduces it to a MB minigame battle. If the game was less brutal, obviously starting modes and bringing in a MB is the way to go, but when most I play against are getting between 1M-15M points, why not just start off with a quick 2M-8M as a base and then work towards modes and NPPMB? It just feels like you have to just play the quick way, instead of playing the right way, which sucks some of the fun out IMHO.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ballston Spa, NY
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 22.00
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 7,999.00
$ 9.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 3.49
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 23.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Twisted Tokens

$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 7,000.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 16.00
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Machine - For Sale
Terre Haute, IN
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grindstone, PA
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Yoko2una.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-club2020-cowabunga-its-pizza-time?tu=Yoko2una and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.