(Topic ID: 271489)

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Club(Stern 2020): Cowabunga! It’s Pizza Time!

By Tuxedomask23

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,057 posts
  • 829 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 hours ago by arcadem
  • Topic is favorited by 335 Pinsiders

You

Topic poll

“Which model are you going to purchase”

• Pro 285 votes
    50%
  • Premium 167 votes
    29%
  • LE 120 votes
    21%

(572 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20240423-005247 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240423-005259 (resized).png
20240415_084026 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image.png
PXL_20240413_183258513.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_3649 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3648 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5713 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5712 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8262 (resized).jpeg
20240406_124621 (resized).jpg
SystemJPinball.ca_1_TMNT-MenuCard-PremLE-Mean1.1_example-3 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1141 TMNT fresh out-of-the-box Issues and Fixes FAQ Posted by Stosel (3 years ago)

Post #1580 Lights rebooting on the back of the machine - FIX Posted by HookedonPinonics (3 years ago)

Post #2172 playfirlo colour differences Posted by Phatchit (3 years ago)

Post #2390 Left Outlane Fix Posted by NoQuarters (3 years ago)

Post #2457 DIY Krang Mod Instructions Posted by ABE_FLIPS (3 years ago)

Post #4037 Glider Servo DIY replacement Posted by PinHead50 (3 years ago)

Post #4120 Link to Amazon product page for replacement servo for glider Posted by PinHead50 (3 years ago)

Post #4327 Sloppy soldering at factory causing overvoltage error - fix Posted by Blackzarak (3 years ago)

Post #4374 Replacing bad glider servo with amazon better one Posted by arcadenerd925 (3 years ago)

Post #4698 Center Ramp non-registering opto fix Posted by spidey (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider WizardsCastle.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6936 2 years ago

Joined the club today.

Can someone share a photo of the outline, so I can see where your posts are set. Want to make sure mine is at default.

Cheers!

#6938 2 years ago
Quoted from bossk4hire:

These? And welcome to the club! [quoted image][quoted image]

Yup!

So there is nothing you can adjust on the left, and the right is in the bottom (closed) position?

Thanks!

#6941 2 years ago

Can someone confirms, by default, the post on the right outlane is set to the bottom (closest to player).

#6944 2 years ago
Quoted from bossk4hire:

That is what mine is... is yours something different?

Quoted from BaxterStockman:

Mine was not. I think on a lot of pros it was set to the upper spot. Making it easier to drain I assume for locations.
I changed it to the lower spot.

Mine is in the lowest position, so I assume it came like that (I'm the second owner).

#6952 2 years ago
Quoted from Scott8806:

I only have about 135 plays on mine and all of a sudden its shooting 2 balls out at once if I take the kne ball out and just have 5 it plays find I checked both connectors at the trough area

Weird, mine started firing out two balls a couple of times tonight too.

On my game, I can hear a knocking sound in the back around the Turtle Wagon. It sounds like a VUK firing.

My game is now giving me ball locks and mission starts without hitting the shot.

Any ideas?

#6981 2 years ago
Quoted from Marangsanz:

I had the same issue after about 200 plays. I gently push in on the opto board connector for the pizza parlor lock and that fixed the issue. The optos for that shot are in two thin slots cut into the bottom of the playfield.

I think my issue might actually be the pot light on the ceiling just off to the side of the game. I triggered the pop up post by putting my finger in front of the opto, and then stepped away, and it kept firing.

Turned lights out, firing stopped.

#6991 2 years ago

Quick question about shots in this game.

On mine, any unsuccessful shot to the right ramp (regardless of how high it goes) rolls back down and SDTM. Maybe 1/10 will hit the tip of the flipper, but mostly it's right into the drain.

Does that sound right?

Also, I can't at all post pass in this game. I can with all my other game, but not this one. Is that normal?

#6994 2 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

Mine does not go SDTM normally, maybe 1 in 5 or 6 times it does.

I puty level onit last night, and looks like I might have had it off a bit when I initially set it up.

Not the right ramp drains are more fair, but the new one is the drain from the piza parlor. When I miss a shot to the ball lock, it drops out, hits the spinning pizza, and right into the center drain.

Is this punishing on your game too,m I feel like I lose at least one ball every game to this.

Thanks!

#6996 2 years ago

What's the trick to putting up thesebig ass scores?

I got to the 8th battle and had like 36 million!?!?!

#6998 2 years ago

You have to be kidding me!!!

I get to Final Battle, get cocky and take this photo, and then I launch the ball and miss the left ramp twice and drain.

Oooooooooouch!

PXL_20210711_052445096 (resized).jpgPXL_20210711_052445096 (resized).jpg
#7002 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Step 1: throw playfield protector in trash
Step 2: play pinball

Couldn't agree more. Get yourself a good playfield cleaner and wax, and enjoy the maintenance. For me, it's a part of the hobby.

Playfield protectors remind me of that thick-ass plastic your grandma would put on her couch.

But I'll add, some of us are very OCD about our games, so whatever you decide, there's no right or wrong.

Enjoy your game

#7028 2 years ago

Can someone share a photo of their lower flippers, so I can see where they are lined up.

Thank you!

#7030 2 years ago

One more thing, how do you load up Turtle Power? 4 shots to the right ramp? I keep starting it as I hit the right ramp to startode, which means the MB is wasted.

Also, how do you get more MBs after you do the pizza parlor one and Turtle Power?

#7033 2 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

When the Turtle Power insert is flashing, you have 1 more shot to start the MB. Pro tip: get 1 shot away from the MB before starting the first episode to avoid "wasting" the MB by not stacking it with an episode. I like the "Krang Wants a Body" episode because the right ramp is a mode shot as well the MB start and the perk for Team Up is huge!

So I hit the right ramp 3 times, TP will flash, then I start mode. Hit right ramp once more in that mode to start the TP MB?

#7059 2 years ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

They call that the "Borg bounce". Happens on another one of his machines from what I can remember.

Metallica and TWD were both like this. I feel like it's drainier than Metallica, but probably not as bad as TWD.

#7060 2 years ago

I got 3 EBs in a game... Aside from getting one for 2 episodes, how do you get the others?

I keep getting to the 7th or 8th battle, and could use all the extra balls to eventually beat this.

#7063 2 years ago
Quoted from Thomas3184:

X number of pizza slices and from the pops.

The title forum and official Stern rules don't expand on this at all. Tilt only list the 2 episode EB, and Stern says the other one come from eating pizza???

Anyone know how that even happens? I know from time to time it tells me to hit the action button to eat pizza, bit I have zero idea what starts that mode.

I know I can get to a max of 40 slices, but that does nothing.

And you mentioned one EB from the pop bumpers? What are the requirements of that?

Thanks!

#7068 2 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

There are two pizza targets on the playfield. Hitting those targets gives you a piece of pizza. When you collect 7 pieces (I think), the next time you hit either target will start the Pizza Frenzy mode where you have a short amount of time to hit the action button up to 40 times to collect additional pizza. When you collect like 55-60ish (not sure of the exact amount and it might auto-adjust somewhat) you will light extra ball at the Pizza Parlour.

It's the standard "pict-o-pops" style pop bumpers that Dwight has done in a few other games (Ghostbusters for example): each pop bumper will cycle through random mystery awards, when 2 pop bumpers land on the same award at the same time, it will lock in and then when the 3rd pop matches it, you receive that award. Extra ball is one of these awards, but I'm not sure how each specific award is weighted/how frequent it occurs.

Cowabunga!

I'll give it another shot tonight, with this in mind, and see if I can get to that Final Battle.

I had it lit the other night, and completely shat the bed trying to hit that left ramp.

Getting close!!!

#7073 2 years ago

It all came together tonight, and I got to Final Battle with Mikey.

Gotta say though, wizard mode is a bit anti-climatic!

Wish you actually felt like you were in a battle, ala Medieval Madness or Dialed In.

Now I'm setting it to super easy for my kids to enjoy. Anyone know of you can put a ball save on when episodes start?

#7076 2 years ago
Quoted from Indusguys:

I don’t think you can make this game easy, it is the only game I have to set to 5 balls to have fun.

Haha I hear you!

This game is brutal! I enjoy games that shoot like that, I just don't really think it fits the theme for this one.

I remember someone made something for TWD that made the outlanes friendlier. I need something like that. I think it will make the game more enjoyable for the family.

#7085 2 years ago

I have a full set of Cliffy protectors including the shooter lane, drain hole, and switch slow protectors. The set goes for $55 plus shipping.

If anyone is interested, I could do it for $50 flat, shipping included.

Send me a PM if interested.

#7089 2 years ago

How are you guys getting these 100M+ scores?

I got to phase 2 of the Final Battle and still only had like 70M haha!

Also, for anyone interested, I have the full set of Cliffys available. It cost $65 from Spooky. Will ship it out anywhere in the USA/Canada for $50 flat.

PM me.

#7092 2 years ago

What's the point of ever using Donatello? First shot to that right ramp starts the multi-ball which is pointless unless you can start a mode first.

#7099 2 years ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

Try finishing as many modes as possible because they really add up to a nice cash out if you make it to “Final Battle”. Don’t forget to train Raphael to 3x on your way to Final Battle so you can take advantage of a rewarding 3x cash out…when and if you reach Final Battle. Raphael is definitely the most powerful turtle to use if you’re seeking a GC score. I hope/wish that we will have a update to help even out all the turtles and to get our wizard mode(Final Battle)working properly.

What isn't working properly in the Final Battle?

Quoted from Indusguys:

This game needs a code update badly. I can’t see it happening with Dwight focusing on getting Mando code to 1.0. I’m thinking of selling my premium to fund IMDN and then purchase TMNT again if Dwight ever finishes coding this “could be” amazing game.

I hear this far too often. I know people will die on their sword sticking up for Dwight, but the first experience I had in pinball was my best friend getting a Ghostbusters, and then being left with an unfinished game for years. Then there was Munsters, GoT, etc, etc...

And now, even though the game is arguably complete, I keep hearing people say it needs a lot of fixes. I'm not picking on Dwight, I'm just pointing out that this isn't acceptable or cool. Look at Elwin and Sheets games. Even though they are constantly trimming the fat, they pretty much get to a fully functioning game quickly.

Just saying that in my experience, I generally avoid games that Dwight is on. This one was an exception because I love the theme, but even here, after 3 weeks, I think I'm kind of done with it. The game is fun, but it lacks depth. There's no "wow" factor in it compared to some of the other newer titles on the market.

Curious to know what you guys think?

#7105 2 years ago
Quoted from Taygeta:

Scoring and the game freezing bug associated with Turtle Power definitely need addressing.
Still love the game, but it’s the next game on the chopping block if Godzilla turns out to be amazing.
It’d be a shame to get rid of a game I love just because of code, but I’m not waiting years for an update that may or may not ever come out.

And that's just it right. With Dwight,you never know if/when you'll get updates.

I played one game of TMNT last night, then jumped over to JP. What a difference. So much to do, so much to shoot for. I just feel like the phone it in with TMNT.

#7113 2 years ago
Quoted from Thomas3184:

If you don’t like the game code as is, it’s probably not changing much.

You're probably right on that. For me, it was a theme that I like, so I figured I'd get one to enjoy in the home environment. I like to do this so you get a lot of time to fig into a game.

But after a week, I knew it wasn't a keeper. Not to say it's a bad game, it just doesn't resonate with me.

I guess that's why there are so many different games... Something for everyone.

But I think based on what I enjoy about a game usually isn't found in a Dwight game, which is why I'll probably skip Mandalorian, and wait for Elwin's next title.

#7142 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Just had my best game of 65m, is that decent?

I got to Final Battle with an almost identical score, so I'd say yes!

2 weeks later
#7207 2 years ago
Quoted from Scandell:

This one is dying for a code update!

Quoted from Indusguys:

I’m surprised Borg doesn’t put some pressure on Dwight to get this game as good as it should be. I don’t think Dwight should take all the finger pointing.

We don't learn (myself included)...

Look back to every game he has been on, and it's the same story. Sure, he may eventually finish it up (GB, GoT, etc) but as owners, we're always left for an uncertain amount of time with a game that either is missing modes or has bugs.

Mando was a total dream theme for me, and I would have normally got in on an LE, but I decided to vote with my wallet and pass. You see how we're saying "he's finishing up Mando"? That's the pattern. He's not! He'll get the game to a good playing state, and then he'll jump ship and start on something else.

Look at the other coders at Stern... They don't do this.

Personally, I'm done with Dwight games.

2 weeks later
#7263 2 years ago
Quoted from Walk:

I was told that my TMNT finally shipped! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
I'm so stoked guys. First pin!!!

Congrats dude! Welcome to the sickness!!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ballston Spa, NY
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Twisted Tokens

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 3.49
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 16.00
$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 7,000.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 7,999.00
$ 22.00
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 23.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Terre Haute, IN
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider WizardsCastle.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-club2020-cowabunga-its-pizza-time?tu=WizardsCastle and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.