(Topic ID: 271489)

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Club(Stern 2020): Cowabunga! It’s Pizza Time!

By Tuxedomask23

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,044 posts
  • 828 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 38 hours ago by Afty86
  • Topic is favorited by 335 Pinsiders

You

Topic poll

“Which model are you going to purchase”

• Pro 285 votes
    50%
  • Premium 166 votes
    29%
  • LE 120 votes
    21%

(571 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240415_084026 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image.png
PXL_20240413_183258513.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_3649 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3648 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5713 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5712 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8262 (resized).jpeg
20240406_124621 (resized).jpg
SystemJPinball.ca_1_TMNT-MenuCard-PremLE-Mean1.1_example-3 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1141 TMNT fresh out-of-the-box Issues and Fixes FAQ Posted by Stosel (3 years ago)

Post #1580 Lights rebooting on the back of the machine - FIX Posted by HookedonPinonics (3 years ago)

Post #2172 playfirlo colour differences Posted by Phatchit (3 years ago)

Post #2390 Left Outlane Fix Posted by NoQuarters (3 years ago)

Post #2457 DIY Krang Mod Instructions Posted by ABE_FLIPS (3 years ago)

Post #4037 Glider Servo DIY replacement Posted by PinHead50 (3 years ago)

Post #4120 Link to Amazon product page for replacement servo for glider Posted by PinHead50 (3 years ago)

Post #4327 Sloppy soldering at factory causing overvoltage error - fix Posted by Blackzarak (3 years ago)

Post #4374 Replacing bad glider servo with amazon better one Posted by arcadenerd925 (3 years ago)

Post #4698 Center Ramp non-registering opto fix Posted by spidey (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TroyS.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9502 1 year ago
Quoted from gmanrulz46:

did they fix the reset issue?

yes yes yes !!!

1 week later
#9533 1 year ago
Quoted from shaub:

This remains to be seen. It wasn't specifically mentioned but it's always been an intermittent/rare issue that pops up and is annoying but you can often go for a long time without seeing it.

Mine was rebooting like 1 in 10 games. Since the patch and like 50 games not a single issue.

1 week later
#9631 1 year ago
Quoted from BaxterStockman:

I really wanted an LE originally. But it was out of my price range. Was considering the Premium, but I really didn't like the art package. Except for the translite.
So I bought a pro, and put a premium translite in it. Love it. Might try to do the legs and such powder coated.
I do wish I could experience a premium at location some day to see what it feels like.

Your not missing out the pro is amazing!

#9632 1 year ago
Quoted from ShortCorky:

I’ve been waiting to see this in one of these updates… but, does anyone know why this game doesn’t have more “champions”??
For example, TPMB champion or I Want a Body champion?
All new sterns seem to have this.

It’s just a coding thing. I wish there were more coding standards between developers so the continuity would be there for players.

#9644 1 year ago
Quoted from MrDamage:

I'm 3 days into owning a turtles premium and couldn't be happier. It's such a blast and the entire family is right into it. Seems we couldn't have picked a better time to pick one up with the recent code updates. I'm surprised this table isn't more popular but thankful it isn't as if it were I probably wouldn't have been able to get one!

Could not agree with you more! My family loves ours!! Welcome to the TMNT family.

#9646 1 year ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

We have recently got this game at our league location. It’s soooooo much fun to flip ! The scoring has everyone baffled .So what’s the deal with this pin being coded so much different from basically other Sterns ?

Give I some plays and embrace the challenge.

#9658 1 year ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Try the next adjustment to 180 and think that will be the ticket to calming your shaker motor, if 90 degree is still too much.

I modified mine to like 160 and it’s perfect!

#9665 1 year ago

Recently just picked up Turtles and with all the new software updates and enhancements we feel super lucky. Just love this game.

#9673 1 year ago

Agree that has to be wrong for Turtles. Sure that we’re talking about GZ or Rush

#9674 1 year ago
Quoted from hiker2099:

My ninja pizza multiball is initiating with only two balls. Any ideas? Maybe a switch?

Look in the menus and see if it’s set that way or set to Easy

#9729 1 year ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

I think you described pinball in general lol

Tempting for sure!
I like the Pro though.

For me good price is UsedCost - GamePlayed = Pinside price. Most I have picked up at a deal so minus the 1500+ family games getting my own fair price would be easy. Not wanting to ever sell TMNT is my struggle.

#9730 1 year ago

Huge shout to SYSTEM-J for making amazing apron cards for TMNT. The high res card, after throwing a few bucks for a beer, is awesome and looks great in the game. Best mod for the price, check it out.

AA8A0BA9-EC04-4537-9F40-3B6981D4D981 (resized).jpegAA8A0BA9-EC04-4537-9F40-3B6981D4D981 (resized).jpeg
#9741 1 year ago
Quoted from tkur85:

I have the same setup. JP prem and TMNT pro. Agreed with all the points you made.

Got 4 pins now and you guys are killing me. I have really been wanting a JP. Question is the mission story as deep as Godzilla? You know from those that have had it a while.

#9765 1 year ago
Quoted from shaub:

I didn't realise just how overpowered Raphael is with Stern Insider Connected enabled, I normally play with saved Turtle Levels disabled (in competition mode) but I've been doing a bunch of testing to (excessively) breakdown some scoring but also to answer some practical questions about the rules, like how Raphs Level 3 and 4 perks interact.
Anyways, I decided to play a game with Raphael (starting at Level 4) and, frankly, things got out of hand. To be fair, I played a pretty solid game of TMNT regardless, I beat 7 of 8 Episodes and got to Final Battle but my Team Up MB was weak and I don't think I did much with any of my 4 main multiballs, so my score could have potentially been a lot higher just a with a few 3x pf Mondo and Super Jackppots.
Because I was at Level 4 from the start all scores were 30% higher, every episode was worth 3x it's normal value, and my pf x was 3x instead of 2x, plus each one of my completed episodes boosted the value of episode shots by 25k (before all of the multiplier stuff). The typical base value of the first episode shot is 100k and goes up from there, so with all of that stuff added on top the first shot of my episode was worth: 100k +30% x 3X PF x 3x Episodes Raph Perk = 1.17m points for 1st shot. That's for an episode played before completing any episodes: 1 completed episode would have made it 1.46m, 2 episodes would be 1.57m, 3 episodes would be 2.05m, etc.
Many of the episodes don't have too many shots you can hit before lighting the Turtle Shots, but Pizza-o-meter can have between 3 and 6 shots: 3 shots would be 6.5m, 6 shots would be 14.1m and that is before the Completion Bonus with a base value of 1m that (with all of the above boosts) ends up being worth 11.7m.
If played without previously completing any episodes, each episode could be worth the following:
-Window Shopping you can keep shooting shots during the timer, shots to the same orbit build a shot x: 5 shots to the same orbit seems reasonable: 22.5m for shots, 11.7m completion bonus)
-Mousers has 6 shots to hit (8.8m shots + 11.7m completion)
-I Want a Body has potentially 5 (7m shots + 11.7m completion)
-See You On The Other Side has 6 shots+ (8.8m shots + 11.7m completion)
-Welcome To The Concrete Jungle, both targets and 2 shots in phase 1 and up to 6 shots in phase 2: 6 shots avg (8.8m shots, 11.7m completion)
-Super Fly has 3 shots (these shots are worth more than eps 1 to 6) (6.5m for shots, completion bonus (base value of 2.5m) is a Hurry up that starts at 29.25m)
-Wrath of Krang has 3 shots to complete (these shots are worth more than eps 1 to 6) and "Krang Missed" shots worth 25k (say you hit 3) (14.5m + completion bonus (1.5m base value) of 17.5m)
Obviously this is just what is possible and none of this scoring is guaranteed. But with Insider Connected installed and Level 4 saved, I can't see any other Turtle even coming close to this kind of scoring opportunity. I'm not sure how overpowered this ends up being when you have to earn the Training Levels, but it certainly would be worth going for. It seems kind of odd that 3x PF AND 3x episodes are perks for the same Turtle, but what do I know.
TL;DR Raphaels Level 3 and 4 perk combined can blow up the value of episodes. The end.

Great job on the research!

1 week later
#9806 1 year ago
Quoted from System-J:

Yup. And got. And other stern games as well such as Kiss. All big updates that changed the balance and the way you play the game.
My good friend Joe Ciaravino (of Pinball Degenerates FB page) brought some cool stuff back from pin expo.
Dwight signed his copy of Noblemen (of which I haven't played this yet):
[quoted image]
And he brought me back a signed ZY plastic!!:
[quoted image]
Still not sure if or were I could add it to the game.

SYSTEM-J. Crazy cool I got the same plate signed and a translite I won there. I saw him get the box lid signed as well, small world.

#9817 1 year ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

No didn’t have to drill the side hole. If you don’t want to drill, then your only option is to put one weight 180 degrees opposite the other one. That will tame your shaker motor quite nicely and you won’t have to drill a side hole.

I notched the shaft at about 160 and tightened the screw down on that. It ended up being the perfect amount of degrees.

#9823 1 year ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

TMNT is much more satisfying for the long haul of homeownership.

Could not agree more.

#9849 1 year ago
Quoted from PinSpinner:

I don’t think the ratings are completely flawed, just somewhat skewed based on a variety of factors that I don’t think anyone fully understands. The ratings are their own beast. I have always rooted for the underdog and because of that, am biased against “popularity”. Turtles is definitely an underdog and so is John Borg. And, in case Dwight is reading this, if you have anything else planned for updates, I am sure they will only enhance an already awesome game.

Agreed, Dwight this is by far the most loved and played in our collection.

#9900 1 year ago

Does anyone have a Turtles selection cover they would like to sell or an STL file…. Hoping someone has an extra or willing to sell theirs…

4AE13584-78D4-4D13-88B9-4E069B233424 (resized).jpeg4AE13584-78D4-4D13-88B9-4E069B233424 (resized).jpeg99BBDAE2-D8CF-4CC0-A014-10877B804608 (resized).jpeg99BBDAE2-D8CF-4CC0-A014-10877B804608 (resized).jpeg
#9905 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Yeah, I will be making more. I just had an issue getting more of the neon green I was using for it, then when I got it, I've been buried with Tibetan Breeze:ZEN launch stuff. When it calms down a little, I'll make some more.

Thanks!!!!! This is the one piece I have really been wanting.

#9906 1 year ago
Quoted from joelbob:

I’m assuming PinMonk will make more…

Thanks

#9908 1 year ago
Quoted from Mram:

I replaced the left flipper stop coil and Stern had an adhesive between the brackets. Anyone know if that needs to be added on and what it is?

I don’t remember seeing that but can say on my rebuild and working on other machines I have always mounted the bracket to the base with no adhesive of any kind. Hope this helps.

1 week later
#9934 1 year ago

Nice to have a league night at home, Turtles and a 5 ball hold and killing it with the 6th.

Someone grab me a beer!

CB228ED5-6733-4F3A-A17A-DF2973FEC369 (resized).jpegCB228ED5-6733-4F3A-A17A-DF2973FEC369 (resized).jpeg
#9938 1 year ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

So he wasn’t trying to holdback 7 with the left flipper.

Right!! That’s what I thought right off.

Also thou on location I have tried the Premium and with this game actually like the pro. I do however need to get my three badges you can only get on a Premium or LE.

#9940 1 year ago
Quoted from shaub:

You mean like start the episode but dont start NPMB, even though it would be your 3rd lock? There isnt anything in adjustments like that.
Personally, I like it though. That and the way TPMB starts at the right ramp make for important strategy decisions about what to shoot and when, in order to get the episode with MB stacks that you want.

Or have to press the action button when you want it to start!

#9942 1 year ago

Just love this game. 100’s of games in and getting shots now dialed in. Hope soon too,go from 40-50 million point games to 100 million. Definitely going to take a different strategy.

#9945 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

But how are you doing three episodes before pizza mb? In my game when I shoot that episode shot instead of starting it, the game gives me locks so I’m always going into pizza mb before I can even do an episode.

I think you have have a point. During an episode it does not lock but you might be right starting you third would be the MB. I think

#9949 1 year ago
Quoted from ticktockman:

Is that for the Pro only?

I believe so as the Prem goes around the top.

#9951 1 year ago
Quoted from hiker2099:

It should be all models. Best way to get Donatello skill shot.

Does the Prem/LE are ready go around by default on a full plung? If not what does left flipper hold do?

#9956 1 year ago

Looking for others feedback. In the last patch to prevent the crashes in software seems like I get delays at times now when in multiball or when a lot is going on. While I’m glad the crashes are gone, seems like an odd coding choice. Could be to the Spike 2 system could use an upgrade.

#9962 1 year ago

I have a pro and this might not be possible unless you have a Premium or LE, does anyone know or has achieved this IC challenge?

Only have a few more left..

glider (resized).pngglider (resized).png
#9964 1 year ago
Quoted from CypherPinball:

Yep, you need to play on a premium/le for that achievement. Same with the 8 ball MB, and mushroom topping lair lock achievements.
Luckily, I played a premium last week and was able to get two out of the 3. Still need that 8 ball MB.

Awesome. I knew of the other ones and just needed to be ready on how to get the glider. Sure it’s divert X amount of times. Now I need to find a local Prem

#9966 1 year ago
Quoted from CypherPinball:

It's actually not bad. Have diverter so that a shot to left ramp returns to right flipper. Hit left ramp enough times when build glider value is lit. Build value to at least 750K. Then turn glider the other direction to light collect glider value at right ramp. Hit right ramp to collect. And I'm pretty sure glider value retains between balls. So you don't have to start over if you drain.

Thank you for the steps on how to do it, this will help a ton.

#9970 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Welcome to the club!
Game is an ass kicker. Very enjoyable and satisfying when you kick ass back!

Ditto welcome to the group!

#9979 1 year ago
Quoted from acons017:

Are they inserted? The corners are normally tucked in, so I'm wondering how you accomplished this look.

Yes they just tuck in and are the best cards to get.

#9983 1 year ago

I have what sounds like a loose ball guide. Today I got into it (not easy) and found the guide is held by two screws from the top but they were tight. Given the guide was loose on both was this made to be a floating guide?

47CA5DFA-6198-432A-9EE2-167FCCC1C4DA (resized).jpeg47CA5DFA-6198-432A-9EE2-167FCCC1C4DA (resized).jpeg96990E97-8FDB-4435-BD88-71D144FA92B9 (resized).jpeg96990E97-8FDB-4435-BD88-71D144FA92B9 (resized).jpeg984F7098-5049-4D9E-8F63-6C2AC7F5A2A7 (resized).jpeg984F7098-5049-4D9E-8F63-6C2AC7F5A2A7 (resized).jpeg
#9985 1 year ago
Quoted from Legenbad:

I’m not sure if this is a software issue or what, but I’ve been noticing that I’ve been getting credit with hitting the right ramp when an episode starts after the ball is plunged to start the mode. It didn’t used to do this, but now it’s doing it sporadically. Is there something that’s broken on my machine? Anyone else experiencing this? This is on my premium.

Opto issue on the top of that ramp? Could be loose and when it bumps it’s seen as a trigger? If you take the glass off and don’t plunge the ball and tap the ramp, does it trigger?

#9989 1 year ago
Quoted from vgatchaman:

Out of curiousity, what color is the action button suppose to light up as? I have a TMNT pro and it seems to only either light up blue or white. I've seen some pics of other machines where the button lights up green. You'd figure it would light up as the color of the turtle you're playing as.

I will watch someone at home play today and let you know.

#9993 1 year ago
Quoted from cabal:

check the coil stop. How many games have on the machine?
you can google on youtube you should find several videos that explain what to look for and how to fix.

It’s either the coil stop or the shaft from the flipper is spinning in the clamp. Meaning the clamp is not squeezing it hard enough. I have had both happen and that common. My guess it to tighten the clamp underneath since you said it moves around. You can determine that if you can take the glass off and move the flipper back down.

#10000 1 year ago

New odd behavior with Turtle Power Multiball.

I have a Pro on the latest code and this function was the same for the last 500+ games. When starting the Tirtlw Mutliball up the right ramp the back coil “Van Coil” now long stops the ball for the animation. The multiball starts but it’s not stopped.

The coil passes the coil test, the switch does trigger on the switch test and on game play the multiball does start. The config for the mode is default has not changed.

Anyone seen this or can help with thoughts?

Thanks in advance.
5C05307B-18E0-4D4C-AE6C-62441E31D89F (resized).jpeg5C05307B-18E0-4D4C-AE6C-62441E31D89F (resized).jpeg

#10002 1 year ago
Quoted from jdebottis:

Anyone ever experience Turtle Power Multiball starting with Donatello as a plunger ball makes it way around?
It isn’t something I’ve dealt with a lot, but did occur a few times and I haven’t noticed a direct cause yet.

Your top switch on the ramp needs to have more play, that would mean its triggering.

#10008 1 year ago
Quoted from wolffcub:

I asked my printer nicely to make me one and it did.

Uhhhhhh wait what……. Lol so my game is now begging for one of those!!! Say I wanted one how would said TMNT owner get his hands on one??????

#10017 1 year ago

LOL tease us with all the pictures, it’s even better than we thought. Sooo drop home we can get one!

#10036 1 year ago
Quoted from TheCnyPinGuy:

John Borg
IS THE MAN
he mailed my son an autographed LE flyer
That’s top notch class right there
Just had to share
[quoted image]

This is way awesome. Like to see more at Stern, this goes a long way.

#10040 1 year ago
Quoted from mannymasy:

Hello friends, I have a purchase planned for the month of December but I have doubts between tmnt and gotg... I have had gotg in the past and we enjoyed it a lot at home, now I have the opportunity to buy a new one of the latest production. I have doubts between these two machines, turtles I have never played it nor do I have the possibility of trying it but from the videos I have seen it seems very fun. I would like to have a comparison of the two machines on playability, durability, fun...etc... greetings and thanks!!!! It should also be said that at home I only have one machine that is AIQ premium now... it is a hard machine and difficult to advance... at least for me...

Been thinking how to respond.

In short we own a Turtles and it gets the most play (we also have Godzilla and Mando). Awesome game that keeps everyone coming back. I’m creating a longer response but for us the family likes TMNT over GOTG.

#10046 1 year ago

My coil (post) that stops the ball during Turtle Power Multi ball seems to be slow to catch the ball. I took it apart and replaced the coil sleeve and it was a little better but not fast enough. Seems to trigger fine from the test but it does not test speed. Any chance the coil needs to be repaired?? Do coils get slow after 2200 plays? Thanks in advance.

#10052 1 year ago

For us TMNT has moved to the not to be sold or traded status. You would guess Godzilla gets more plays from family and friends but audits don’t lie, TMNT is our most played.

#10056 1 year ago

Update. (fixed no)

On the Ramp for Turtle Power Multiball the plunger is not stopping the ball. Figured it was the coil or sleeve. I put in a new sleeve and it still is not catching the ball. BTW the test for the coil works and so do the switches, the coil comes out but too slow to catch it anymore. So I thought it must be the coil but today after completing that change it works the same. Stumped, anyone????

Is there such a thing as a switch that works slow?

#10058 1 year ago
Quoted from wolffcub:

Building 2 has entered the chat. One just felt lonely so a little more work was required. All done now and this is the final product. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Omg now it’s better, so really really how can we get our hands on one???

#10070 1 year ago

Over Thanksgiving TMNT and Mando were a huge hit with the 2v2 and 2v1. What a perfect party game. So glad I own both games, wish all Sterns had this. So amazing!

37F3695C-5C6B-4267-8329-57972AA376FD (resized).jpeg37F3695C-5C6B-4267-8329-57972AA376FD (resized).jpegE76B3E5E-10CB-45E8-802F-8DD58D528B68 (resized).jpegE76B3E5E-10CB-45E8-802F-8DD58D528B68 (resized).jpeg
#10075 1 year ago
Quoted from Thor_Odinson:

Does anybody know where I can find the mod to turn the turtle van to face straight at the front inside of it being at the side?

You don’t need anything at all. Remove the plastic it mounted to and turn it and remount.

256C0D8D-6843-4220-A830-0199D8378154 (resized).jpeg256C0D8D-6843-4220-A830-0199D8378154 (resized).jpeg56D78D97-4A11-4B5F-A2A4-B554E865D788 (resized).jpeg56D78D97-4A11-4B5F-A2A4-B554E865D788 (resized).jpeg5890B4AD-55CD-47E4-B031-8405AE033837 (resized).jpeg5890B4AD-55CD-47E4-B031-8405AE033837 (resized).jpeg5AAEF336-E429-495B-B885-9C68A7FC4E06 (resized).jpeg5AAEF336-E429-495B-B885-9C68A7FC4E06 (resized).jpeg
#10077 1 year ago
Quoted from Thor_Odinson:

Cool, thanks for the info! Do you like it better facing forward?

I did for a while but went back to side view.

#10080 1 year ago

Has anyone seen where a new flash to a class 10 SD fixed any slowness issues?

#10082 1 year ago
Quoted from cabal:

can you explain a little more where you experience the "slowness"
never have done an usb update so i have no experience there. But some people had problems after a usb update and a newly written image did fix it.
The stock cards are good but not the best. A new sd-Card does not hurt, if it is speedier it does not hurt. If the speed is needed or even if +speed supported i can not say. I would guess not.
Also the way how the sd-card images are written makes sometimes differences. Like in the on custom images some people had problems with certain kind of software. Like Balena etcher worked but not win32diskimager, or the other way round.
so the shortest test would be if you a sd-card laying around, just to test it out.
if the slowness is still there, it may be part of the software and not cureable with a new sd-card.

Thanks for the call out I should have given more details. The code (Linux) seems to be delayed during most items in the game. My issue is the rear lock for the Turtle Power multiball, it’s so delayed it does not catch the ball. Also the animations and call outs are delayed. Stern said to try a new SD. My question is have other seen this.

#10084 1 year ago
Quoted from cabal:

the ball lock/not lock i can confirm with April hurry up, i had that sometimes. I remember, but i can not say i had it with last code (1.54). Need to monitor it the next games i do.
From my impression i have not seen or recognized any/much delays in the animations call outs. There may some mixups when some several things add up.
Like Ball lock under the van and a mission starts.
on April -> Cat in the Trees i had some issues the sound was not playing (or only the meeauuuu of the cat)
i would try a new sd-card, a class 10 sounds good. It's not a big invest but may help a lot, if not it's not a lot of money wasted and you can reuse the sd-card for something else.

I got some high quality super fast cards coming in today. I will share back with the group what I find. Thanks for the reply!

#10086 1 year ago
Quoted from Mram:

Where did you get the City Sewer Topper?

The top is a plastic shield that you can get during Halloween, but you have to be fast, not many are made. There are two, one 12" and one 24" in the picture I have the larger one.

#10090 1 year ago
Quoted from seenev:

This game is definitely growing on me. It was pretty hard at first but after you start to get a feel for it, it's pretty fun.

Exactly. Everyone should own one!

#10091 1 year ago
Quoted from Wmsfan-GAP:

Just an FYI, Great American Pinball has TMNT pros and maybe premiums in stock right now.- I’ve been up there a couple of times playing it and debating on joining the club.

Sure you already know, this is the last run!

#10098 1 year ago
Quoted from CoreyStup:

It's trying to load the van. Check if the diverter behind the van isn't stuck in the up position, which would just allow balls to pass by.

Correct.

On the prem’s it’s the van pre-load that causes that. In the Pros c\I’ve seen where the switch on ball fire is not going to an active state.

#10103 1 year ago
Quoted from wolffcub:

I will have a batch of them done soon.

Put me on the list!!!!

#10106 1 year ago

Awesome, we are both printing away tonight. I’m working on getting up a little inventory before releasing pictures of my new mod.

B6CED8B5-216C-44FE-BD6B-21C475CA8A37 (resized).jpegB6CED8B5-216C-44FE-BD6B-21C475CA8A37 (resized).jpeg
#10108 1 year ago
Quoted from onemilemore:

This is *exactly* why I loved TMNT: It forced me to get better, and those skills have translated to other pins. I now step up to it confidently after hours upon hours spent battling with it, and for that reason it has won a (mostly) permanent spot in my collection. I've built up too much sentiment for it to let it go, and it scratches the nostalgia itch. Severely underrated but takes time to leave its mark.

Well said and I can say we fed the exact same on our pin as well. Wish Stern IC allowed remote people to play head to head.

#10114 1 year ago
Quoted from wolffcub:

Might take longer than I thought for my first batch. I’m mostly getting 9’s when I try printing the 6’s. I will toss up a few more on the printer and see how it works out.
don't mind the printing marks, they are not sanded yet.
[quoted image]

Let's start a list for the building mod, you know to help you out.

1. TroyS
2. ?

#10117 1 year ago
Quoted from Collin:

Anyone know the answer to this?

I don’t think you can do that. You could disconnect it. Is it setting of like a home proximity alarm, or marking the dog bark?

1 week later
#10129 1 year ago
Quoted from freddy:

Just installed new turtles armor! Pizza time !
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I have looked around for those armors, they look great! Are the sides smooth or do they have texture in the metal?

#10135 1 year ago
Quoted from System-J:

RayDay just posted another one from his stream. (Did anyone know this was happening? I don't follow him that closely, does he post what he's going to play?)

Lots more in this about the rules and score balancing. I hope Dwight takes note of these before a potential future big update. Davidson is saying a lot of similar things that people have been saying on this thread for ages.
I was holding out my opinion on tumb scoring, which always seemed low, until I had some success in it. I finally beat it (without the 'I want a body' bug/exploit) and I was pretty disappointed with the scoring. I believe I even had either the 2x rescue or 2x shredder. Maybe 10 or 15 mil which is nothing compared to the difficulty level. I thought that maybe Dwight has it low scoring because it's safe since you're in a mb, but then npmb is even safer and it's the points cow on this game, so that doesn't make sense.
I believe I heard RayDay say something like 'it would be nice if there was a couple more seconds', I believe referring to the tumb rescue hurry up. Even with higher scoring this wouldn't be too powerful to add.
Love this game, I just hope a big score balancing happens before I get the itch to switch it out for something else.

Cant wait to watch it and get some pointers. I can hit 40-50 on every game but I have topped out at 69 mil. I'm sure he is killing it.

3 weeks later
#10228 1 year ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

well easy, sweets are not good for health, too much sugar...
and than yes logical, you have your answer already, competition mode is the key

bingo

#10248 1 year ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

I have weird issue. I have the Stern headphones/volume controls on the coin door of my TMNT Prem. Latently, when I turn the game on, it will play the theme song once it finishes booting up. When I go to start a game, it won’t start and locks up. If I unplug the sound wires from the back of the headphones/ volume jack and reboot, the game plays fine. I am running the most current code. Anyone else see this issue?

Can you post a picture of the connection?

#10279 1 year ago
Quoted from wolffcub:

I am almost ready to post up the official thread for the Pizza Parlor and the Channel 6 building. Should be up later in the week.

Great news!!

2 months later
#10649 1 year ago
Quoted from NovaCade:

My buddy almost had his JP Amber shooter confiscated by TSA coming home from expo this year.

Oh no. Thank gawd I made it thru, I had the lit shooter rod for Avengers with me. They paused on it but let it go on with me.

#10652 1 year ago
Quoted from Roberto_tron:

Man I was happy getting 65 mill! I've only had this game for a month or two, does having IC help with getting the higher scores?

Yes, having IC saves your turtle level and when maxed out at 4 your score will go up for sure.

#10655 1 year ago

Anyone ever hook up a tournament button to TMNT? I have tried and get a node error and believe how I have it hooked up is correct. Looking for a picture of it….

#10673 1 year ago
Quoted from Audioenslaved:

Tmnt is a great game. The shots aren’t hard they’re just back on you faster than most. I love Borg games and this for my first 50 games or so I was like what have I done. But something clicked and it’s my second favourite game behind twdle

Even owning a few Elwins TMNT is my fav at home. Everyone else goes for the other pins first.

#10676 1 year ago
Quoted from Jhorosko:

Anyone ever have the glider react too slow to a ramp shot? Raphael weapon shot is one where the glider will miss trapping the ball. Anything that can be done?

I had the Turtle Power post acting slow, when it does that I reseat the wiring harness from that to the board and it works again. Dang shaker.

#10681 1 year ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I must be in the minority. I think the scoring is fine. If you start at turtle level 4, I could see some imbalances.

I agree but in our house I encourage others to get leveled up. For guests I run it I. Competition mode so everyone is level 1 to start.

6 months later
#11259 6 months ago
Quoted from pixelpete:

So I made this mod to do a couple of things. Us TMNT Pro owners have an inoperable van side door that faces the playfield. I love the van but thought the front might be more interesting since the side door was not functional. I created a mount that uses the existing plastic insert holes and now the van faces the playfield and tilts up a bit too. Having this all apart, I thought I'd add a light since the Pizza Parlor shot is important and not showcased with a lit path. As a final touch I added a spot to light up the front of the van. The headlights even kinda glow (in-person). I was thinking of next painting the red lights on the roof and headlights with a reflective paint to make them pop even a bit more from the spot light.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Great Job

Just a side thought, maybe point the van a little to the right so you can see the profile. But only like 5 degrees

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 22.00
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 7,999.00
$ 9.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 3.49
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 23.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Twisted Tokens

$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 7,000.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 16.00
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Oakhurst, CA
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TroyS.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-club2020-cowabunga-its-pizza-time?tu=TroyS and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.