(Topic ID: 271489)

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Club(Stern 2020): Cowabunga! It’s Pizza Time!

By Tuxedomask23

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,044 posts
  • 828 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 21 hours ago by Afty86
  • Topic is favorited by 335 Pinsiders

You

Topic poll

“Which model are you going to purchase”

• Pro 285 votes
    50%
  • Premium 166 votes
    29%
  • LE 119 votes
    21%

(570 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240415_084026 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image.png
PXL_20240413_183258513.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_3649 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3648 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5713 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5712 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8262 (resized).jpeg
20240406_124621 (resized).jpg
SystemJPinball.ca_1_TMNT-MenuCard-PremLE-Mean1.1_example-3 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1141 TMNT fresh out-of-the-box Issues and Fixes FAQ Posted by Stosel (3 years ago)

Post #1580 Lights rebooting on the back of the machine - FIX Posted by HookedonPinonics (3 years ago)

Post #2172 playfirlo colour differences Posted by Phatchit (3 years ago)

Post #2390 Left Outlane Fix Posted by NoQuarters (3 years ago)

Post #2457 DIY Krang Mod Instructions Posted by ABE_FLIPS (3 years ago)

Post #4037 Glider Servo DIY replacement Posted by PinHead50 (3 years ago)

Post #4120 Link to Amazon product page for replacement servo for glider Posted by PinHead50 (3 years ago)

Post #4327 Sloppy soldering at factory causing overvoltage error - fix Posted by Blackzarak (3 years ago)

Post #4374 Replacing bad glider servo with amazon better one Posted by arcadenerd925 (3 years ago)

Post #4698 Center Ramp non-registering opto fix Posted by spidey (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Navystan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#786 3 years ago
Quoted from Potatoloco:

All my general thoughts on the game. I have an LE, have had considerable time on a Pro. They're both a lot of fun and enjoyable. I can honestly say, as much as I enjoy my LE, the Pro seems to be the better player after 30 plus plays on both of them. Final verdict is a positive one for both models as I think majority of people will be happy with either one.
At the end around 12:50 the issues I've been having pretty much out of box for the LE are discussed and shown. If you're waiting on your LE or a Premium I'd recommend at least watching that end part so maybe the issues I've had you can prevent before they occur and be able to enjoy your game to its fullest.
If you don't want to watch the video, the reader's digest version is that the turtle van wasn't feeding correctly and balls would just stack up. At the same time, the diverter scratched up the backside of the plastic ramp and hit it with such force that it eventually dug into the plastic and would get stuck. I also had 2 node boards go out that controlled the upper playfield GI and the pizza disc motor.
My distro, Flip N Out / Zach, has been on it immediately though which is awesome.

Thanks for the heads up on potential issues for LE or probably Prem models.

Anyone else experience same issues? For sure, I will check van to ensure ramp is situated correctly and check diverter to see if it's causing the issues he mentions in the video.

2 weeks later
#1477 3 years ago

OK, I have my LE finally. First thing I did was check the diverter flap behind the van. Looks like they tested it and there already was a dent/scratch in the ramp where the flap hits.

Have we come up with a definitive solution? I'm surprised the latest folks reporting on their LE's didn't check to see if their diverter flap is hitting the ramp.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

IMG_2217 (resized).jpegIMG_2217 (resized).jpeg
#1498 3 years ago
Quoted from joefox22:

[quoted image]

OK, I'm naive. Does this exist? Is there a Stern fix or do I keep using mylar, band-aids, and foam pads to ensure no damage. By the way, does anyone have the link for how another pinsider used 5/8" wrench to tighten?

Thanks. Oh, by the way, I don't think I have ever played a pin as fast as this one.

#1579 3 years ago
Quoted from PiperPinball:

No. Pull pf partially out of game. Where its resting out in the front. Then take off the plastic guard above the turtle ramp that hides the diverter. U have to unscrew the diverter plunger off the back/behind pf first. Then put the diverter back in and take a small wrench and tight it back in. Make sure to adjust the diverter so it doesn't hit the ramp first before tightening. Should be an 8th of an inch gap between the ramp and the top part of the diverter when its open.
If you need help you can call my tech and he can step you through the whole process. PM me.
I had all your same issues. Once fixed its an incredible game! Nothing like this in years. Not since TWD imho.

So, trying to follow these instructions. Two pictures. First picture is with plastic removed to see area. I put temporary foam until I can get a more permanent solution. Like others, I had scratched ramp in my LE before even playing. Second picture is back of playfield backboard. See my picture of the back of the playfield. I assume you have to remove the coil assembly to get to the nut to tighten? Anyone else do this and had success? Any other tips on how to do this? Thanks.

2B1DF390-650F-4C10-B930-D6799B54146E_1_105_c (resized).jpeg2B1DF390-650F-4C10-B930-D6799B54146E_1_105_c (resized).jpeg330AA752-86CC-47E8-9AD8-0AC280A8BB2E_1_105_c (resized).jpeg330AA752-86CC-47E8-9AD8-0AC280A8BB2E_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
#1600 3 years ago

so, I contacted Stern about the van diverter issue. They said engineering is working on a fix and to check back next week. So, it sounds like a more formal fix is coming for LE/Prem folks.

1 week later
#1933 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Search within this thread using the find in topic link up top. You need to tighten a bit that holds that diverter. Lots of posts on it. No modification to the game necessary.

Interesting you say there is no issue other than tightening nut.

First, I have tried to tighten nut and saw no change. I guess I'm not tightening it enough? It seemed to not change, but maybe I haven't tightened long enough. Seems like it's just spinning and not getting tighter.

Second, I put in ticket to Stern and they said their engineering is working on a permanent fix. If this wasn't an issue, would they not have said to just tighten the nut?

#2281 3 years ago

So, I took advice of others to use a shooter plate to protect diverter hitting ramp. Now, I just need the right type of double stick tape. It seems the best would be something similar in thickness and strength used for Clifffies. Anyone have any idea what type and where to get? Thanks.

#2347 3 years ago

Checking locally before I list marketplace. TMNT LE, a few weeks old. Looking to free up some cash. If interested, shoot me what you have for trade and how much cash you would ad.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 22.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chester, PA
5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ballston Spa, NY
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Oakhurst, CA
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 7,000.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Twisted Tokens

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 16.00
$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 7,999.00
$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Navystan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-club2020-cowabunga-its-pizza-time?tu=Navystan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.