(Topic ID: 271489)

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Club(Stern 2020): Cowabunga! It’s Pizza Time!

By Tuxedomask23

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,057 posts
  • 829 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 hours ago by arcadem
  • Topic is favorited by 335 Pinsiders

You

Topic poll

“Which model are you going to purchase”

• Pro 285 votes
    50%
  • Premium 167 votes
    29%
  • LE 120 votes
    21%

(572 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20240423-005247 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240423-005259 (resized).png
20240415_084026 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image.png
PXL_20240413_183258513.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_3649 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3648 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5713 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5712 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8262 (resized).jpeg
20240406_124621 (resized).jpg
SystemJPinball.ca_1_TMNT-MenuCard-PremLE-Mean1.1_example-3 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1141 TMNT fresh out-of-the-box Issues and Fixes FAQ Posted by Stosel (3 years ago)

Post #1580 Lights rebooting on the back of the machine - FIX Posted by HookedonPinonics (3 years ago)

Post #2172 playfirlo colour differences Posted by Phatchit (3 years ago)

Post #2390 Left Outlane Fix Posted by NoQuarters (3 years ago)

Post #2457 DIY Krang Mod Instructions Posted by ABE_FLIPS (3 years ago)

Post #4037 Glider Servo DIY replacement Posted by PinHead50 (3 years ago)

Post #4120 Link to Amazon product page for replacement servo for glider Posted by PinHead50 (3 years ago)

Post #4327 Sloppy soldering at factory causing overvoltage error - fix Posted by Blackzarak (3 years ago)

Post #4374 Replacing bad glider servo with amazon better one Posted by arcadenerd925 (3 years ago)

Post #4698 Center Ramp non-registering opto fix Posted by spidey (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Napoleon.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#381 3 years ago

I think the empty spot on ball stopper is a great opportunity for mods. Not worried about it. Same goes for the space where Krang is.

I found the Van lock on the Premium to be underwhelming. If it was more interactive like Groot, and accepted balls for lock as well as released them, then that makes a difference. As it stands, it just holds the balls and the door opens and gravity to pull them out.

That, given with the fact that the pizza works almost exactly the same, and the excellent light show is the same, the Pro is where I choose to go this time.

#510 3 years ago

My Pro is being delivered tomorrow! Great 4th of July present!

#573 3 years ago

Got my Pro in today. It's really great so far!

I noticed that the pizza motor is a bit noisy. I'm sure with the volume turned up on location, no one would remotely hear it, but at home it's noticeable.

Anyone else with a Pro thinks it noisy? Is that just how it is?

#583 3 years ago

I noticed this time that Stern has a protective film over the trim on the head. I peeled it off, but it left a very sticky residue behind. Tried cleaning one side with Windex and even Goo Gone, but didn't get much of it off.

Any suggestions for getting the sticky residue off the trim?

#591 3 years ago

I hope the topper for this is good. I love the Black Knight topper. Seems like it would be an easy conversion to Turtles. Just make it Shredder's head that moves around and taunts you. Instead of two identical fires behind him in the plastic, make one side Bebop and the other Rocksteady. The main R&D is already done.

#683 3 years ago

Has anyone put a shaker in yet? Got mine today from Pinball Life, but I can't seem to get it to work in the game.

I can go to the coil test, and it vibrates successfully, but nothing in the game.

The setting is Maximum (default).

I downloaded the SD image for 1.0.4 and re-flashed the SD card, still no shaker in the game.

Anyone else seeing this? I have a Pro.

#686 3 years ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

Yeah, it only really comes on during multi-ball. Was hoping it would be more active even set to maximal use.
I would strongly urge Stern to take more advantage of the shaker motor.

You're right! And it's only Turtle Power multiball. I had been doing the ninja pizza multiball during my tests. Zero there!

#900 3 years ago

Just a little preliminary fun with the Pinball Browser. I added some "Secret of the Ooze" music to the Ninja Pizza multiball.

#913 3 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I phoned 1800 KNOCKERS one time... It wasn't Stern Support.
No peep on my LE yet.
Rob

I did that once too!

#940 3 years ago

I'm pretty sure Nickelodeon runs 24 hours a day.

#983 3 years ago

I'd like to see the action button change color to match the turtles you're selecting.

#994 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Eh, it's a *close* second. The strange thing is the loudness comes and goes. One of these days I'll probably get into it and see if I can quiet it down.

I'll be interested in what you find out.

#1226 3 years ago

It seems there are more problems with the LE than the Pro.

I have to say, my Pro has been rock solid. I feel for the LE owners, and I'm sure (as usual) the kinks will be worked out by the time the Premiums are made.

#1271 3 years ago

Audio on the Pro OK? Is it just LE having issues?

#1281 3 years ago

I just did the Pro update. Full with verify. Backbox speakers stayed at 8!

#1303 3 years ago

I like having the Final Battle mode at start. JP did the same thing, but later added a true final wizard mode you had to reach the old fashioned way. We may see something similar added to Turtles.

There is still one odd video asset bug. Regardless if you beat Baxter's robots or not, the ending is still the same. So when you drain and Shredder congratulates Baxter, he's still sweating balls like he screwed up. Shredder then hits the disintegrate button. Seems like there is some missing animation, or they should just cut out Baxter sweating and getting zapped.

#1306 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

It’s already in there. Cowabunga multiball right?

Does that come before or after Final Battle? I haven't reached either yet in normal play.

#1310 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

After. You have to complete like 6-7 tasks and I believe final battle is one of them.

Gotcha. Good to know!

#1524 3 years ago

So weird that the LEs are having so many issues, especially after the first run of Pros went pretty smooth for Stern. My Pro looks the best I've had from a NIB Stern.

Wonder what happened with the LEs?

#1664 3 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Presumably early pro playfields were made before COVID. TMNT was set to drop back in March, IIRC. They had a few extra months to cure, or were clear coated before heat and humidity set in.

True, but there are more issues with the LEs than just the pooling.

1 week later
#2291 3 years ago

Some of the ending animations need to be tweaked.

For instance, regardless of whether you finish the defeating Baxter's mousers or not, Baxter still gets zapped, even while Shredder is praising him for good work.

Another example, when failing to finish the "See You On The Other Side, Ray" episode, Splinter is still rescued.

#2294 3 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

I think this is intentional. Win or lose against the mousers, you still fight the transformer Baxter.

I don't believe so. If that was the case, Shredder's dialog wouldn't alter between endings.

You clearly loose to Slash and Beebop and Rocksteady in their respective episodes. Most of the episode's have win/loose animations.

#2297 3 years ago
Quoted from Soulstoner:

Baxter's transformation is canon in the show as well as the game, so since one episode involves you fighting transformed Baxter, that scene still needs to occur regardless of the outcome. If it didn't happen there, where else would it transpire?

By not making the Super Fly mode available until you successfully finish the Night of the Mousers.

Also, why have Shredder praise Baxter, then punish him?

#2299 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballnewb01:

When on Free Play and pushing the start button once, my TMNT sometimes starts a 2-player game. Is this a common issue?

That's happened to me too. Not sure if it's a bug or I'm accidentally doing it somehow.

2 weeks later
#2999 3 years ago

The sound file for Splinter saying "Raphael" is wrong. It sounds like a completely different guy. Oddly enough, the notes for 1.21 say that this sound file was corrected (must have been mistakenly changed in the unreleased 1.20) but it actually isn't fixed.

#3001 3 years ago
Quoted from joelbob:

My only request is to have the action button change to the same color of the turtle you are playing. I think it is weird it is always blue.

+1

Also, Baxter shouldn't get zapped if you fail to defeat his robots and Shredder praises him. Seems very.....odd.

#3008 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballnewb01:

He needs to get zapped to become "Baxter the Fly" in the following episode....

That's solved by not being able to play the Fly episode until you complete this one.

As it stands, it doesn't make sense to have Shredder praise him for a good job, and then zap him.

#3009 3 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

It is like Meg in DP. Shoot the red shots, yellow arrows are the spots where the red arrows can move to. If you shoot yellow, red cant go there anymore.

haha funny, i LOVE the new call out, yes it stands out but it adds so much spice, i think Splinter should have much more of this in his voice!

It doesn't appear to even be the same voice actor, and it sounds terrible.

#3046 3 years ago
Quoted from mcvetyty:

I love how Stern is announcing new pins while their quality still appears to be at an all time low.. WTF is going on over there? Has anyone with the shitty playfield art heard anything back from a distributor or Stern? Are they going to do anything about it?

My Turtles was perfect.

#3051 3 years ago
Quoted from mcvetyty:

Are you suggesting that all of people in the past previous 61 pages who are submitting photos of diverter issues and crappy print quality are fabricating some elaborate quality lie? Or just that you got lucky with the draw?

I'm suggesting that Stern is far from your Hyperbolic comment about being in an all time low.

That would be the ghosting days of 2016.

1 week later
#3411 3 years ago

Removed.

#3470 3 years ago
Quoted from Jay_Killjoy:

I've had my Pro completely crash during Turtle Power multiball two total times out of a few hundred games. The screen freezes and everything dies, lights goes out, screen stays frozen. The game will stay frozen and not respond to holding in start button (or left and start as enabled). Powercycle fixes it. Seemed more like a bug to me.

I had that happen too, after the last update. I went back and did a Full Update and the problem was solved.

1 week later
#3619 3 years ago
Quoted from PinHead50:

has anyone installed the shaker motor on this game? i ordered the stern one from marco and installed last week. I have the weights turned out 180 degrees and now dont get much out of it except on multiball. on jackpot scoring it rattles the whole game and sounds terrible. It was unbearable with both weights the same direction. anyone else have this issue?

Always give the log screw at the top of the shaker motor a good 3 quarter turns with the bolt on the other end being held securely. This will make the shaker less "sloppy"

#3621 3 years ago
Quoted from PinHead50:

Mine doesn't have the long bolt on the top.

All the Stern ones do, so I'm not sure what you have.

#3624 3 years ago
Quoted from PinHead50:

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/502-5027-01
I've looked on other sites and they all (other than stern) show the same image with no bolt
https://shop.sternpinball.com/collections/accessories/products/stern-shaker-motor-kit-for-spike-system-games
same part number different image

You'll notice the bolt in the Stern link you provided. It's on the bottom in that pic (in my mind, it was on top because that's how I had it turned to tighten it).

#3627 3 years ago
Quoted from PinHead50:

Yea its flipped but either way the stern one i got from Marco has no bolt, Marco told me to send them video of what it does in the machine. Worst case i will drill it out and add the bolt. I put zip ties around it as tight as i can and it helped a bit but its not all the way corrected

IIRC, some of the older SAM shakers didn't have the bolt...but the bolt has been there since I bought my first SAM game years ago. I have never heard or seen of a SPIKE shaker without the bolt.

Odd.

#3744 3 years ago

I don't understand where people are getting SPIKE shakers that don't have the bolt across that you can tighten.

Every single one I've bought from Pinball Life has had that bolt. You give it 3 quarter turns before you install, and you're good to go.

#3764 3 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

I talked to my distributor about that, the rod is just there to align the screw holes of the shaker with the holes of the protector housing.
To adjust the shakers strength unscrew the weights and retight them somewhere between 90 to 180°. the screw will dig into the rod.
However I was not really able to find a nice setting on my stern shaker, it makes the same rumble noise or its too weak... and TMNT shaker setting was lacking- have to take a look at the new code.

Tightening the bolt a few quarters turns fixes sloppy, loud shaking for me every single time. This is true for others as well, since Pinside is where I learned to do this.

#3824 3 years ago
Quoted from Crater:

I waxed mine and it plays wicked fast as well.... a little too fast. I'm getting rejects from the pizza parlor, and the occasional accidental kickout of balls locked in the parlor.

That always happens after a good waxing. It will settle down after a few plays.

#3826 3 years ago

So glad I got a Pro this time. The Premiums seem to have nothing but trouble.

#3900 3 years ago
Quoted from azur3:

In the past 10 games on my LE (1.22) I have encountered two interesting issues
1) Sometimes, there's two balls ejected in the shooter lane, resulting in a soft automatic plunge and an involuntary multiball. Some people have already reported this issue when moving from software 1.10 to 1.11, but no consensus on how to solve yet, I think.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-club2020-cowabunga-its-pizza-time/page/49#post-5799655
2) Twice, I have had TP multilball starting right from a manual plunge - basically around the time the ball passes the van. Has this something to do with optos registering the plunge as a regular hit on the right ramp? Very curious..
Very grateful for any hints!

Try turning the power down on the trough eject. I have mine set to 200. You want the setting to be strong enough to eject a ball every single time, but not one degree stronger.

#3902 3 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

Stern should be embarrassed to have that mental piece for a diverter on the pro. Someone should come up with a decal or mod for it.
[quoted image]

It's not a diverter on the Pro.

#3915 3 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

what do you call it then, its ugly

It's not diverting anything.

It's an up-post of sorts.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ballston Spa, NY
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Twisted Tokens

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 3.49
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 16.00
$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Oakhurst, CA
Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chester, PA
$ 7,000.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 7,999.00
$ 22.00
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 23.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Napoleon.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-club2020-cowabunga-its-pizza-time?tu=Napoleon and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.