(Topic ID: 271489)

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Club(Stern 2020): Cowabunga! It’s Pizza Time!

By Tuxedomask23

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,057 posts
  • 829 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 hours ago by arcadem
  • Topic is favorited by 335 Pinsiders

You

Topic poll

“Which model are you going to purchase”

• Pro 285 votes
    50%
  • Premium 167 votes
    29%
  • LE 120 votes
    21%

(572 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20240423-005247 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240423-005259 (resized).png
20240415_084026 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image.png
PXL_20240413_183258513.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_3649 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3648 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5713 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5712 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8262 (resized).jpeg
20240406_124621 (resized).jpg
SystemJPinball.ca_1_TMNT-MenuCard-PremLE-Mean1.1_example-3 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1141 TMNT fresh out-of-the-box Issues and Fixes FAQ Posted by Stosel (3 years ago)

Post #1580 Lights rebooting on the back of the machine - FIX Posted by HookedonPinonics (3 years ago)

Post #2172 playfirlo colour differences Posted by Phatchit (3 years ago)

Post #2390 Left Outlane Fix Posted by NoQuarters (3 years ago)

Post #2457 DIY Krang Mod Instructions Posted by ABE_FLIPS (3 years ago)

Post #4037 Glider Servo DIY replacement Posted by PinHead50 (3 years ago)

Post #4120 Link to Amazon product page for replacement servo for glider Posted by PinHead50 (3 years ago)

Post #4327 Sloppy soldering at factory causing overvoltage error - fix Posted by Blackzarak (3 years ago)

Post #4374 Replacing bad glider servo with amazon better one Posted by arcadenerd925 (3 years ago)

Post #4698 Center Ramp non-registering opto fix Posted by spidey (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Mrawesome44.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#27 3 years ago
Quoted from Gtrefraction:

I saw a screenshot from deadflips reveal that showed code at 0.94 I would be very impressed if that became the new norm for Stern. I don’t like waiting a year for the 1.0 code to release.

Only reason the code is so far along is because of covid. Had there been no covid the game would have shipped barebones and under .70 like most of thier titles.

#71 3 years ago

Curious to see how many of these "Location only" machines get sold to homes.

2 weeks later
#755 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Haven't seen an LE flip unless you're a fool for any recent Stern's. Last I can remember maybe iron maiden but def GB. It's been awhile.

Yeah people and Distros been flipping the shit out of this for the last 3 weeks or so. Easily, Easily one of Stern's best offerings in the last couple of years so I'm not surprised. My LE will be here next week

#998 3 years ago

Hey Guys just opened a brand new Turtles LE. Game is telling me Node Board 1,8, and 9 are out. When booted game keeps auto plunging a ball. Not able to start a game. Do i need to contact Stern support or my dealer to resolve this

#1003 3 years ago

Not going to lie. First time Stern Buyer, 9k machine broken out of the box. Haven't even played one game. This is just beyond shitty

IMG_3382 (resized).JPGIMG_3382 (resized).JPG
#1005 3 years ago
Quoted from jhoward1082:

Try what I said above, 98% sure your game is fine...

Whats the interlock switch?

#1008 3 years ago
Quoted from jhoward1082:

With the coin door open, if you look at the bottom left, there is a white long switch. Pull it out, that gives the game high power and your error messages should clear. Then go into the standard adjustments and set free play to on and let the game auto launch balls into the van before your first game.

Doesn't seem to be any improvements. Game keeps kicking balls out. Also The game is on code 1.0.4 and i have it set to free play

#1011 3 years ago
Quoted from jhoward1082:

Are the balls loading into the van or circling around the orbit and going down the drain?

Circling around the orbit

#1017 3 years ago
Quoted from jhoward1082:

I read someone saying their diverter was loose on shipping and it actually fell out. Check the diverter behind the van. It may have come loose in shipping. You probably have to remove the plastic back there as it is covering the mech.

Diverter looks fine. That being said my plastic ramp is already scratched up from the Diverter. Like you can run your finger along the ramp and feel the damage.

Quoted from Stosel:

You will get these node errors if you have the coin door open while the game is booting I believe.
As far as the ball, check your connections. We kept having the auto plunger connection come apart, I think it is because it is right above the shaker. We had to zip tie ours together.

I've tried booting with the door closed and still the same errors. Keeps shooting the balls out.

#1024 3 years ago
Quoted from Stosel:

I would also suggest looking at the diverter behind the van and manually make sure it is moving. You can check the van diverter by removing the 2 screws at the top of the purple roof plastic above the van.

Diverter seems to be good unfortunately at 0 plays it’s already scratched up my plastic ramp. At 9k this sure is a swift kick to the nuts

#1033 3 years ago

Well the hits keep coming. Diverter fell out. I got the plastic off do i need to remove the ramp to fix this?

unnamed (resized).jpgunnamed (resized).jpg
#1038 3 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

It’s almost like they didn’t even test these at all.

It's my fault for buying NIB. I was so excited for this game i played the stern lottery and i got fucked pretty bad. I'm sure my game has more problems i just havent found them yet. Currently waiting for Stern and my distro to get back to me.

#1039 3 years ago

Here's a video of whats happening. Apologize for the potato quality

#1055 3 years ago
Quoted from PiperPinball:

No. Pull pf partially out of game. Where its resting out in the front. Then take off the plastic guard above the turtle ramp that hides the diverter. U have to unscrew the diverter plunger off the back/behind pf first. Then put the diverter back in and take a small wrench and tight it back in. Make sure to adjust the diverter so it doesn't hit the ramp first before tightening. Should be an 8th of an inch gap between the ramp and the top part of the diverter when its open.
If you need help you can call my tech and he can step you through the whole process. PM me.
I had all your same issues. Once fixed its an incredible game! Nothing like this in years. Not since TWD imho.

Hey there so I was able to get a diverter out. My game doesn't have the nut size needed. Would you happen to know what i need to go buy?

#1063 3 years ago

Update. The more i continue to look the more issues i find. Diverter literally did not come with the parts for it to work. I keep finding random nuts and screws that have fallen out and i have a pile at this point. Game is literally falling apart. Distro is working to get me professional help and stern to send me replacement parts.

#1065 3 years ago
Quoted from NimblePin:

If your Distro fails you, hit me up.
I happen to know a guy that specializes in this sort of thing...
[quoted image]

Will do. I'm hoping i can get the game fixed. If not ill just end up selling it and maybe buy one used down the road. I damn sure will never be buying another NIB stern again.

#1085 3 years ago

Spoke with Patrick at Stern. That Diverter seems to be a real issue if it doesn't work or its loose. It's gonna cause errors and shoot balls nonstop. Stern and my distro found me a technician and im looking forward to getting this fixed. I will give credit where credit is due. I've heard and seen a lot of horror stories about stern pinball but at least in this instance. They didn't tell me to pound sand and have been very helpful. I also appreciate everyone who has helped me so far. I'll report back when im up and running.

I will say this though. This is hands down the best playfield I've seen from Stern in years. No pooling, chipping, or raised inserts. I don't know if they fully fixed the problem but this is a huge step in the right direction

#1106 3 years ago
Quoted from Motorcitypinball:

Im sorry to hear of all your problems with this machine. This is my 3rd NIB in the last 8 months.
As of now 10 days in My TMNT works great with no problems, well one , the right ramp gate came off once. Not sure why. Fixed it in 5 minutes
My other 2 NIB from stern worked great out of box with very small adjustments needed to smooth things out.
I know its hard, but try not to let this experience deter you from buying NIB again
I believe the extent of having multiple problems is some what isolated.
I think most machines will need some small adjustments. Just the nature of the beast
Your DISTRO will get you the help needed.

I think there is a difference between adjustments and opening a brand new game and its broken straight out of the box. For people who have seen my posts i have always been critical of Stern's quality control and I gave them a chance and received this mess. I ain't got nothing against people who buy NIB sterns. I just won't be playing the Stern NIB Lottery again or at least till the quality control goes up.

#1140 3 years ago

Hey guys final update. We got my game running. If your diverter(the actual metal piece and not the plunger) is loose. It is an challenge to get to it so you can realign. To get my diverter fully working. The backboard, left ramp, and the turtle van had to come off to get to the diverter. I don't imagine most are that bad but mines was so just a heads up. If that nut that connects the plunger is fully tight it should not scrape the ramp.

Stern Customer service was very helpful and apologized for the problems.

#1151 3 years ago

Anyone know where I can get cleaner to specifically clean stern hd glass?

#1200 3 years ago

Is there anything i can do to make the left outlane left hungry? My level bubble is dead center

#1214 3 years ago
Quoted from Stosel:

Meh, it's a Borg game. I do feel like the left outlane on TMNT isn't as bad as some others.

First borg game ive owned and played more than a handful of times. Love this game only thing that frustrates me is that any missed shot sends it hurdling towards the left outlane or straight down the middle.

1 week later
#1479 3 years ago
Quoted from Navystan:

OK, I have my LE finally. First thing I did was check the diverter flap behind the van. Looks like they tested it and there already was a dent/scratch in the ramp where the flap hits.
Have we come up with a definitive solution? I'm surprised the latest folks reporting on their LE's didn't check to see if their diverter flap is hitting the ramp.
Any suggestions?
Thanks.
[quoted image]

The diverter shouldn't scrape the ramp if the nut that holds it in place is properly tightened. Some people have placed foam at that spot but tightening the nut seems to do the trick

#1594 3 years ago

Here's the reality. A large portion of the home buyers aren't on Pinside. They have no idea about playfield and quality control issues or what the real value of these games are worth. They will call a distro, ask whats available, and buy something from that list. For people on Pinside these issues have been well documented but we keep running to buy every game, and accessory they sell to us. Honestly speaking i don't know how people can spin the NIB lottery, get burned and think the next purchase will be any different.

#1635 3 years ago

Does anyone have a rubber list for tmnt? Looking to switch the stocks ones to Titans

#1639 3 years ago
Quoted from Stosel:

PG 37 in the manual

Very much appreciated. Thank you

#1737 3 years ago

I don't know if anyone else feels this way but the constant screaming towards the left outlane and every bricked shot hurtling straight down the middle is seriously killing the game for me.

#1740 3 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

I put bigger rubber on the post and it helped a lot. Also made sure it was perfectly level at the bottom

When you mean level do you mean the rubber should be closer to the bottom of the the post?

#1742 3 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

No, sorry, I did the bigger rubber on the post and then have a small level I placed down by the flippers and made sure it was level at the bottom of the playfield

Oh i gotcha. My bubble meter is dead in the center.

#1811 3 years ago
Quoted from CPanther95:

Got my LE and JP Premium delivered same day. Both great games, but find myself enjoying the JP more at this point. But I'm at the "don't know what I don't know" stage still. Think the TMNT ruleset is going to take me some time to get my head around.

Yeah the ruleset is still a bit confusing, not as bad as star wars but still up there. My biggest wish i'm hoping for is a setting in the options to have episodes lit at the start of a ball. Would relieve most of the frustrations of bricking shots trying to get stuff started and the left outlane less of a pain in the ass.

#1814 3 years ago
Quoted from Crater:

I'm sure you know this already, but start as Raphael, and you get the freebee episode to start the game. I like the idea of customizable rulesets in settings, but I'd like to point out how easy the game would be if that were the case. With only 4 episodes to get to the mini-wizard (Team-up), that would get you there in most games. I think one thing to really sit back and appreciate in this game is the risk/reward aspect of it. I like to personally get 3 episodes out of the way and then try and see if I can get "I want a body" done because I like the Team-up award for it (all turtles lit for save). Then I end up hitting the target to select modes and BAM I brick the shot and have to start over again. I know it's frustrating at times, but it would be boring if you could shoot-the-moon every game. By not forcing the episode objective in a per-ball fashion, they are also emphasizing the start awards for each turtle. It makes a fun distinction in picking your character, and I think the points are really balanced right now with the new code. So if you want to pick Donatello and just go for foot awards and multiball, you can do that.
There's meant to be a bit of mystery in rulesets. It promotes more play to really dig into it. I feel like this game is fairly straight-forward compared to other games. I can't wait until pinball competitions are started again, because I feel like this is a really fair and competitive game. There's a lot of orthogonal objectives which make it particularly interesting when playing in a competitive fashion.
As an addition to that comment, I really like the trend of adding a wizard mode to game select (which started w/Escape from Nublar in JP). It is a way for those tougher objectives to be seen and also gives the developers piece-of-mind that a large part of their work won't go unseen.

So many other games have that feature in the ruleset. Like for example Deadpool has it and it only takes 3 to get to the team up mini wizard. You don't have to enable the option i just think it would shore up some of the frustration of bricking shots to get things lit.

#1826 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinman502:

Starting to think pin side top 100 is a joke been noticing all the medieval Guys given medieval a 10 and turtles a one out of spite which is funny because some of them are rating the pro and the Le a one even though they probably have not even played it let alone both models even if the game was crap which it is not the artwork is incredible

Pinside 100 been a joke for a long while. Medieval is a sheer masterpiece whether people hate it or not. No matter how many times that game gets rerun it'll sell out every time.

#1941 3 years ago
Quoted from durgee7:

Anyone else getting left in the dark regarding the shipping company or tracking info? I got a confirmation email from my distributor saying it shipped Monday but didn't get any other info even though I had asked. Just wondering if this is the standard when waiting for NIB Stern games.

This happened with my purchase as well. Not a shred of information till R+L called saying they had the game and wanted to schedule delivery.

Quoted from mahony:

Even though I ordered my TMNT PRO a few weeks ago, for some reason it went from Stern (Chicago) to the distributor (Georgia) and now it's being shipped to my house (California) using Roadrunnner freight which kinda scares me based on reviews I've seen of Roadrunner Freight. My closest distributor wanted $500 more than the guy in Georgia, and I would have had to drive 3.5 hours round trip to pick it up.

I haul LTL(Less than Truckload) freight for a living and I can personally tell you Roadrunner is by far the worse trucking company to freight by. If a distro tells me they use Roadrunner i take my money somewhere else with the quickness. Word of advice It is ALWAYS better to pay more for better shipping or insurance.

#2280 3 years ago

Does anyone make full plastic protector sets for the game?

#2356 3 years ago
Quoted from GoldenOreos:

anyone added a shaker to a pro yet? curious if it has much use in the current code.

I fking love shakers and I put them on any game i can. The shaker integration is straight garbage(at least on this current code). First time ive ever thought about disabling.

2 weeks later
#3133 3 years ago

Gotta say I'm honestly surprised by all of the Le's up for sale. Are people that tired of the game already?

1 month later
#4217 3 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Would agree with it being favorite title of all games played or owned. Think TMNT is highly underrated and is one of the best designed and coded games ever made. Shots are so fun and combos are exhilarating, with tons of kinetic satisfaction. Friends that see it think it is such a loaded playfield. Lights are nice on this one and well done, by guiding ball objectives with blinking lights, but giving a non-confusing light show too. Not a fan of some makers games confusing game play objectives with light shows. A pinball basic rule is clearly knowing when you step up to a machine, “shoot the blinking light”.

Ramps and left outlane kill the game for a lot of people.

#4247 3 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Could it be improper setup being the issue? On my machine, I don’t find ramps much of an issue, once you dial in where the shots are on the flippers. Understand the left outlane can be challenging, because it will punish bad shots.
I think ball control is the way to really enjoy turtles layout. Flailing the ball instead of cradling shots will cause bricking and frustration. I go for cradled shots mainly and have less issue with the left outlane drain. Only if I wildly shoot while the ball is flying around at high speed, am I punished by the left outlane drain. As I begin to understand the layout on TMNT, how it should be approached, the game changes from frustrating to nirvana. Do think if TMNT is approached this way, it is a top 10 game imo.
Pretty sure Borg didn’t make the left outlane like he did, to make us all mad and frustrated. Rather, while in a white wood testing stage, would think he found that the layout was too easy and too long playing. Let’s face it, John could have easily located the left outlane post lower to close the gap further if that was better geometry and better game play. But if he would have done that, we’d all be complaining about excessively long ball times, with an unchallenging layout design. Lol
For me, it’s all about mastering a new great layout design, not making it easier to see more on the backbox display. For that I play video games, lol.
But I don’t judge anyone for modding it, because it does play really fast. Who knows, maybe I’ll cave later and try the mods for easier play. Borg should have probably made it adjustable so players can set it to their liking.

My game is leveled and set up properly. The left outlane is shitty no matter how you slice it. Either a hitting a shot clean or watching it brick towards the left outlane is not good game design. The lair shot is a waste of space and the reward for hitting it is not worth the risk of trying to attempt and brick. People are moving on because there are games(in the last 3 years) that shoot better and don't leave you as frustrated.

#4348 3 years ago
Quoted from drypaint:

For those who are having trouble with the left outline drains... Have you tried turning down your slingshot coil strength? It can help a lot.

I have my slingshots turned down as low as I can and it hasn't done shit for me. Between this and avengers I'm at my wit's end trying to get these games working.

#4350 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Stock rubber or 3rd party?
Have you tried re-gapping your sling switches to make them a little less sensitive?

Stock Rubbers and I do not know what regapping is. Apologies very new when it comes to tweaking nib

#4367 3 years ago

Hey guys so I was able to get my left outlane under control. Last pressing issue is the amount of sdtm drains and balls halfway getting up the ramp. Can this be fixed by adjusting the pitch?

#4370 3 years ago
Quoted from billrz:

what did you end up doing to the left Outlane?

I put a 1/2 inch bumper pad on the left side. You can get a pack at home depot for 3 bucks. It truly is a shame how that left outlane is ruining some many people's enjoyment.

8 months later
#7019 2 years ago

I swear playfield protectors makes pinside just as salty as MM,AFM, and MB staying in the top 5 or the flipper feel between the cgc remakes. Clearly enough people like using them cause they keep selling

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chester, PA
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Twisted Tokens

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 3.49
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 16.00
$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Oakhurst, CA
$ 7,000.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 7,999.00
$ 22.00
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 23.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Mrawesome44.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-club2020-cowabunga-its-pizza-time?tu=Mrawesome44 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.