(Topic ID: 271489)

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Club(Stern 2020): Cowabunga! It’s Pizza Time!

By Tuxedomask23

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,057 posts
  • 829 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 33 hours ago by arcadem
  • Topic is favorited by 335 Pinsiders

You

Topic poll

“Which model are you going to purchase”

• Pro 285 votes
    50%
  • Premium 167 votes
    29%
  • LE 120 votes
    21%

(572 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20240423-005247 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240423-005259 (resized).png
20240415_084026 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image.png
PXL_20240413_183258513.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_3649 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3648 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5713 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5712 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8262 (resized).jpeg
20240406_124621 (resized).jpg
SystemJPinball.ca_1_TMNT-MenuCard-PremLE-Mean1.1_example-3 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1141 TMNT fresh out-of-the-box Issues and Fixes FAQ Posted by Stosel (3 years ago)

Post #1580 Lights rebooting on the back of the machine - FIX Posted by HookedonPinonics (3 years ago)

Post #2172 playfirlo colour differences Posted by Phatchit (3 years ago)

Post #2390 Left Outlane Fix Posted by NoQuarters (3 years ago)

Post #2457 DIY Krang Mod Instructions Posted by ABE_FLIPS (3 years ago)

Post #4037 Glider Servo DIY replacement Posted by PinHead50 (3 years ago)

Post #4120 Link to Amazon product page for replacement servo for glider Posted by PinHead50 (3 years ago)

Post #4327 Sloppy soldering at factory causing overvoltage error - fix Posted by Blackzarak (3 years ago)

Post #4374 Replacing bad glider servo with amazon better one Posted by arcadenerd925 (3 years ago)

Post #4698 Center Ramp non-registering opto fix Posted by spidey (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Mahoyvan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5511 3 years ago

Way better than a topper! Hell a logo like that for each game would look sick!

8 months later
#7479 2 years ago

New to the club and lovin the game so far.

Any tips or tweaks to make the exit of the right ramp not be so gnarly on way out? A solid shot up the ramp makes the ball bounce hard off lower loop and almost completely miss the upper left flipper.

#7506 2 years ago

New to me TMNT

What’s the deal with the white Michelangelo light up the center? It seems to be always flashing regardless of hits?

Seems to do that for any turtle i select.

#7508 2 years ago
Quoted from Grayont:

Pretty sure that shot flashes white when the ball lock is ready for ninja pizza multiball. The locks are ready at the start of the game and stay on until you play the multiball.

Ok think we’re onto something here, but then whats the deal with the ninja pizza parlor light that also flashes at the same time!?

#7512 2 years ago

Noticed I’m running code 1.23, and there’s 1.4 something available. Am i safe to update? Any big issues with the latest code?

2 weeks later
#7642 2 years ago

Does anyone know if it's possible to get more than 1 octopus topping locked in?

#7665 2 years ago

Start+left flipper? Works for me after 3-5s!

1 month later
#7928 2 years ago

Looks great!

3 weeks later
#8041 2 years ago

Main reason I haven’t installed the latest update for Deadpool.

1 week later
#8091 2 years ago

Does anyone else have a rough exit from the right ramp?
Mine seems to ricochet off the left orbit making any shot off the upper left flipper almost impossible.

#8096 2 years ago

Hey guys, what’s it mean when the lair and april lights are flashing? Whats the next step?

When the 2X target is solid green, should it be flashing when u hit it? Is there any indication that 2x is running? And indicator of its timer?

Still trying to dissect the rules.

#8098 2 years ago

Thank you!!

Will 2x only run during an episode or something? I’ve never been able to get it to flash. So hard to score on this game, 2x is definitely a key player.

#8101 2 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

It can start anytime it's lit. Maybe your 2X Target isnt registering or something?

Thanks! I've hammered it a bunch and nothing changed, so I thought maybe it was mode specific or something. Time to take the glass off and prob around a bit.

2 months later
#8594 2 years ago
Quoted from System-J:

I keep forgetting to post my future contribution to TMNT. I found I kept wanting a reference to the pizza toppings so I decided to make custom score cards. I'm pretty happy with them and have use the 'pizza menu' quite a few times. They still need a few tweaks but I'll post the images when they're done.
Making the 'Pizza menu ' made me jealous of you prem/le owners for the mushroom toppings. I wish Dwight could've added it to the pros somehow. I know the limitations of the pro lair but maybe a timed lock up at the pizza parlor? Meh, a guy can dream can't he?
[quoted image]

Looks great, I’d love a copy!

This game is so deep and really doesn’t show you any progress, it’s hard to have a solid strategy and remember where you’re at.

1 month later
#8891 1 year ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Mushroom is an LE/Pre only topping which enables the Lair Lock.
https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/TMNT-Rulesheet.pdf
Rob

Why limit that code to only prem/le!?
Not like its done via a feature only available on a prem/le. Would be super handy…

4 weeks later
#9060 1 year ago

So with this Lair Saver timer, does it kick in every single time a ball is released?

Seems like a good way to get more mileage out of multiballs

3 months later
#9711 1 year ago

Damn, love me a great review!

Quoted from shaub:

I'd personally go with Jurassic Park, especially if going with a Premium. TMNT Pro is a worthy "downgrade" from the Premium and might even be better overall, especially with the issues the diverter servo and the turtle van have had, though Im sure Premium owners have probably figured out solutions by now. I've played a ton of games on the Pro and a decent number on a Premium and I felt like the Diverter wasn't all that necessary to the overall gameplay but was fun to use when it was actually beneficial. However I found it hard to get a sense of when I could actually use it to do something useful. It also took some getting used to realise (in the moment) that the Right Ramp is not subject to the diverter, it might have been better if it was but I'm not sure. I think Rush's diverter system is a lot more intuitive.
From a gameplay, rules and code standpoint, I think Jurassic Park is far better than TMNT, it feels a lot more balanced, polished and complete. Though I understand that for a lot of people the movie itself is not well implemented or it lacks that Jurassic Park movie feel. Personally I love the general dino-catching feel of the game and the way the rules make you feel like your in Jurassic Park or at least a decent non-licensed knock off dino park. As far as gameplay goes, there are varied objectives you can try and focus on to get to their mini-wizard modes or you can take a more balanced approach and do a little bit of everything. Modes are rewarding when completed and overall progress in the game feels consistent and natural. The things you "need" to do seem to present themselves over time, especially if you're having a good game. And nothing really feels unnecessary or pointless. My biggest criticism of the game is probably the tight right orbit shot, and the inner loop shot can be tough as well. I feel like a lot of game progress can be stalled by needing that damn "O" shot, but that DOES make it super satisfying when you do hit it.
On the otherside, TMNT feels like Ninja Turtles, the sounds and voices are great and the display stuff, while sloppy and basic in some cases, does a good job of representing the source material (Though I wish they could have put a bit more time into some of them them, especially the April stuff). The Episodes, while typically not the most creative, feel like a story, are easy to understand, and generally the game is tough enough that beating one isn't a gimme but is still do-able. The main multiballs are enjoyable as well, they feel quite similar because they both use the Jackpoto Grande and Mondo Jackpot for the real points but they are unique enough with the display, sounds, and rules differences between them. Overall, the game feels pretty good when you focus on the Episodes and Multiballs but there isn't a lot to focus on other than that, in my opinion at least. Team Up MB is a decent mini-wizard mode to aim for especially because you can stack an episode with each of your MBs leaving only 2 more episodes to play in single ball mode and it is a good stepping stone to reaching Final Battle because playing Team UP MB re-lights your 2 main MBs so you can again stack some Episodes with MB.
Challenge Modes/other gameplay modes:
If non-standard gameplay modes are your thing, both games do a pretty good job of them. With TMNT, Co-op mode is fun with friends and family, Final Battle Challenge is a nice way to easily see and appreciate the Final Battle Wizard Mode, and Half Shell Challenge is a fun little simple side mode to enjoy. Jurassic Park's Escape Nublar Challenge mode is something else entirely. To me this Wizard Mode, and it's challenge mode, feel like an entire game in and of itself. If this one mode was a machine of it's own, it would compete with a lot of machines with a "full" ruleset.

#9762 1 year ago
Quoted from drwicket:

Did the vinyl wrap on mine as well. Happy with how it turned out.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Man that looks great. Might be a good winter putter to go wrap a couple games!

What make model vinyl is that?
I need to do some searching on the topic

1 month later
#10136 1 year ago
Quoted from TroyS:

Cant wait to watch it and get some pointers. I can hit 40-50 on every game but I have topped out at 69 mil. I'm sure he is killing it.

Am me? I’m more of a 250k-5m on every game, but topped out at 35m

3 months later
#10692 1 year ago

Is the double post prone to moving/scuffing the pf? Looks like it‘s only screwed down through the one side? Great idea!

I should check my audits and see my percentages too

1 month later
#10857 11 months ago

The $#!+ We do for our kids, am I right!?

9 months later
#11911 55 days ago

Yikes. Will have to check mine and washer this weekend, thanks!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ballston Spa, NY
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Twisted Tokens

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 3.49
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 16.00
$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chester, PA
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grindstone, PA
$ 7,000.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 7,999.00
$ 22.00
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 23.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

5,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
York, PA
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Mahoyvan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-club2020-cowabunga-its-pizza-time?tu=Mahoyvan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.