(Topic ID: 271489)

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Club(Stern 2020): Cowabunga! It’s Pizza Time!

By Tuxedomask23

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Topic poll

“Which model are you going to purchase”

• Pro 285 votes
    50%
  • Premium 167 votes
    29%
  • LE 120 votes
    21%

(572 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20240423-005247 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240423-005259 (resized).png
20240415_084026 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image.png
PXL_20240413_183258513.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_3649 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3648 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5713 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5712 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8262 (resized).jpeg
20240406_124621 (resized).jpg
SystemJPinball.ca_1_TMNT-MenuCard-PremLE-Mean1.1_example-3 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1141 TMNT fresh out-of-the-box Issues and Fixes FAQ Posted by Stosel (3 years ago)

Post #1580 Lights rebooting on the back of the machine - FIX Posted by HookedonPinonics (3 years ago)

Post #2172 playfirlo colour differences Posted by Phatchit (3 years ago)

Post #2390 Left Outlane Fix Posted by NoQuarters (3 years ago)

Post #2457 DIY Krang Mod Instructions Posted by ABE_FLIPS (3 years ago)

Post #4037 Glider Servo DIY replacement Posted by PinHead50 (3 years ago)

Post #4120 Link to Amazon product page for replacement servo for glider Posted by PinHead50 (3 years ago)

Post #4327 Sloppy soldering at factory causing overvoltage error - fix Posted by Blackzarak (3 years ago)

Post #4374 Replacing bad glider servo with amazon better one Posted by arcadenerd925 (3 years ago)

Post #4698 Center Ramp non-registering opto fix Posted by spidey (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Looprunner.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#90 3 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Oh boy..... Stern just delivered possibly the most loaded Pro Model ever made, with dynamite theme and look, AND it’s code complete (V1.01) at launch?!?!?!
SDTM Unboxing and First Impressions very soon...stay tuned..

First machine I've ever purchased without playing it first. I'm super excited to get mine!

#102 3 years ago
Quoted from Thomas3184:

What does everyone do with old glass when you replace with hd glass?

It's in my storage room in case I ever break the glass and need a replacement. I also keep it around in case I trade the machine. I never trade a machine with the HD glass.

#152 3 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

I don't know about yall but mine is playing brutal AF.

You are the first person I've heard mentioning that it plays brutal. Can you elaborate? I've heard it plays very fast.

#184 3 years ago

Anyone come up with a cool mod to cover that ugly wing nut?

#194 3 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

yes, the ball stopper on ther pro is realy ugly. what can we do here? even a small sticker would work well...

Yeah, that thing! I have one on order and keep wondering what I could put there. I saw a pizza box on Amazon that looks like it would fit.

#219 3 years ago
Quoted from Xaqery:

Guys -
I am probably going to be fired for talking about this but, the PRO was way over budget. Anywhere we could save even a $3 we took it.

Please don't take this the wrong way as my family loves Stranger Things. We have 850 plays on it. However; after seeing the TMNT Pro I want this much stuff on every pro! Lol. I have one on order.

#234 3 years ago
Quoted from Satismaxtion:

Anyone know the production schedule? Dwight? Are they going back to pros after this week of LE’s?

I just keep staring out the window and waiting for that magical truck to appear. Lol. I have a pro on order.

1 week later
#585 3 years ago

I got some time on a local machine this week. Loved it! I do have a concern that the left outlane drains quickly. There doesn't appear to be a way to adjust it. I always have a lot of young kids playing my games and normally adjust the outline for them. Is there any way to adjust it? Mine has not arrived so I cannot check.

1 month later
#2189 3 years ago

Joined the club on Friday! There are a million posts in this thread. Can anyone recommend a good review of the rules with the latest code? Or, is the original review by Dwight still a good one?

#2221 3 years ago
Quoted from ricard2798:

Finally unboxed my ninja turtles, and loving the game... BUT STERN QUALITY CONTROL IS TOTAL BS GARBAGE!!!!!!
At first, the balls were not spitting out.... ran tests ad diagnostics, but could not figure out what was wrong... then I lift playfield, and one of the 2 wires for the ball feeder is NOT EVEN SOLDERED... WHAT THE FRAK!!!!!! $6k, and you cant even playtest my damn game, or check if it works? There is no way they could have played a single game to test, without the game being able to feed balls.
Then, as I play with my son, something happens by the pizza multi-ball lock, were 4 balls get stuck in there, and they don't come out! Waiting, tilting or even one reboot did not fix the issue.... had to restart 2 times more for ti to finally release the balls.
Awesome Game, but damn.. stern sucks balls!
Ill post pics of the unsoldered wire later for reference[quoted image]

Did you determine what caused the pizza lock issue? I've had it occur four times now in about a hundred games. I have an email into Stern support. My post was close to the playfield so I tried to bend the bracket out a little. It still occurred afterwards.

1 week later
#2690 3 years ago
Quoted from hawkfanz:

Question for the owners out there...is this game fun for younger kids or is it frustratingly hard? I love everything I've seen about this game but I'm worried a lot of owners are saying it's fast and unforgiving. I love that style but want to make sure the whole family would enjoy it.

I've owned mine for 12 days and it has over 300 plays. 75% of those are from my children and the neighborhood kids. The age range is 7 to 18. Every one of them loves the machine. I did put a larger rubber on the left out lane because it was draining very fast for all of them. I also took the pitch down slightly to slow it down. I know, I'm a terrible person. But honestly, it plays so much better for them.

I also will not let anybody that's good at pinball play Donatello. The really young kids love hitting that mult-ball right away. They also like to go after the Donatello championship. I keep that championship reserved for the little ones.

#2707 3 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

You know, my son loved playing Donatello for that very reason. But you can also get into Ninja Pizza MB very easy with the only shot "up the middle" in the game. Once he learned that, Raph became the TMNT of choice because now he can get into a mode much easier and then with 1 ball locked. With Don you got to get into Foot 1-2-3 (no shot feeds it, so you just have to sort of flail and nudge) and then hit the right ramp if you don't want to start TP MB right away, so because that's a must in our strategy, Don's now the hardest TMNT for us to start with. I can totally see why kiddos like the TP MB off the bat though.

Yep, you are right. It's just a really little ones I have played Donatello. The older kids usually choose Raphael.

#2708 3 years ago

Shredder's biological father.

IMG_20200820_200231 (resized).jpgIMG_20200820_200231 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#3031 3 years ago

425 plays in 2 weeks. This game is a keeper!

#3100 3 years ago

Did anyone figure out a good fix for the opto that doesn't register when the ball goes around the middle ramp quickly? I'm reading back through posts and I'm not seeing anything.

#3103 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Shoot forehand and time the drop of the upper flipper to keep it in there.

I've had really good success with this tactic. Well, 20 to 25%. I think that's a good success rate for a shot that was purposely made hard. You don't want it to be too easy!

I've also had very good success trapping the ball on the left flipper, doing a quick flip to get the ball rolling up the left flipper, and back handing it into the lair. I was about 30 to 35% on that shot this morning.

#3208 3 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Just curious. At what point does stern make plastics to fix these sorts of issues?

I talked to someone in the support department today and it was the first he had heard of the issue. He was reaching out to other team members to see if they have encountered the issue. If you have the issue I suggest you contact their support department so that they are aware of it.

1 month later
#4181 3 years ago

Anyone having issues with Stern support getting back to them? They were extremely responsive for months and now I can't get them to message me back. And now I can't get them to message me back.

#4182 3 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

My balls are getting stuck occasionally in the pizza parlor too. I increased the pitch on my game and it helped, but it isnt 100% . My pinballs are magnetized too. Anyone know if there is a good way to de-magnetize them? The path in the pizza parlor is pretty tight, not sure if a plastic spacer to keep the balls off the metal guides will fit.

Mine were magnetized as well. As soon as I put in new balls all pizza lock issues went away.

#4183 3 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

from what i can tell the ball travels so fast it hugs the side of the ramp and goes over the switch that recognizes the shot. am i right? Airball plastic should help this. On a medium speed shot its always fine. I typically go right ramp to center ramp and its pretty fast....

I sent Stern a slow-motion video of this exact issue on my machine a month ago. They said they were looking into it. The ball was hanging the top of the ramp and going completely over the switch.

3 weeks later
#4628 3 years ago

I was so excited for this topper. I was even willing to overpay at $600. At $1,000 I'll have to pass. That's a lot of money to watch an eyeball go right and left. I'm not angry at Stern. If they can get that prices a company that's great. I'm just really disappointed. I want to toppers on all my machines.

#4630 3 years ago
Quoted from Looprunner:

I was so excited for this topper. I was even willing to overpay at $600. At $1,000 I'll have to pass. That's a lot of money to watch an eyeball go right and left. I'm not angry at Stern. If they can get that price that's great for them as a company. I'm just really disappointed. I wanted toppers on all my machines. Lol.

#4646 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Check your balls for magnetism with a steel paperclip. TMNT seems to magnetize balls quickly.

This was exactly my issue as well. It was magnetized balls.

3 months later
#6003 3 years ago

Anyone have the right ramp reject at the wire? Any kind of entrance projector to prevent it?

2 months later
#6587 2 years ago

Dumb question, is there a mode called Rad something? I get to some mode I hadn't seen before. Machine went very dark with the red shots lit and one blue. I think it may have been the Neutrino Pizza Party but I thought for sure it said Rad Mode. There was so much going on it was hard to watch the screen.

#6589 2 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

It might say radical in the animation or something but yeah thats the Neutrino Pizza Party mode. Red shots to build value, blue to collect. It still needs some mode text and a finish screen but I'm glad Dwight threw it in to the last update.

Maybe it was radical! Lol. It caught me off guard. It was so dark I was trying to pay attention to the playfield. I did well in the mode and ended up with 150 million. Thanks for the information!

2 years later
#11690 3 months ago

I was playing a friend's TMNT and noticed an odd issue. I've been trying to help him triage it. In Turtle Power multiball the game keeps kicking balls out beyond the end of the multiball. The reason I believe it is beyond the end of the multiball is because the ramp inserts eventually light yellow for lighting a new mode. The ball save is long gone. However; it keeps kicking balls out and I am able to start a new mode within the multiball. The turtle theme continues to play as well. This continues for at least 5 to 10 minutes. Then it gets weird, when the drain finally registers, and I start the next ball, the turtle theme continues playing at the start of the next ball. Maybe theme continuing to the next ball is how it's suppose to function. I haven't played TMNT in a long time. It happens every time I play, but only in Turtle Power multiball. It never kicks out balls during any other mode. The trough switches all test out fine.

I searched back through the forum and I'm not seeing any similar issues. I did tell him to burn a new SD card in case the code is somehow screwed up. He does have an issue where the automatic ball launch will not make it up the ramp most of the time. Has anyone had this issue? If so, how did you resolve it?

#11694 3 months ago
Quoted from bwalter:

Is this a Premium machine? It might be the van diverter issue that I mentioned above. On a Premium, the game reloads 3 balls into the van at the back of the playfield near the end of the Turtles MB mode, after the ball save is long gone. It will keep launching balls until it loads 3 balls in the van.

Yep, it's the premium. Guessing if it can't make the ramp, it can't reload. We can check the diverter as well. Thanks

#11696 3 months ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Check your balls. May be magnetized.

Yes, I saw some of the messages and some other folks told us to check the balls. There's an order of carbon balls arriving today. Fingers crossed!

#11698 3 months ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Check your balls. May be magnetized.

Problem resolved. I appreciate everyone's suggestions and previous posts that helped us resolve the issue. It looks like there could have been two issues. First, once we replaced the balls yesterday with the carbon versions, all balls made the ramp and the van was able to reload. Second, there were nine balls in the game from the factory. I'm guessing that could have caused some problems. LOL.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 3.49
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 16.00
$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grindstone, PA
$ 7,000.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 7,999.00
$ 22.00
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 23.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Mariposa, CA
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Looprunner.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-club2020-cowabunga-its-pizza-time?tu=Looprunner and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.