(Topic ID: 271489)

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Club(Stern 2020): Cowabunga! It’s Pizza Time!

By Tuxedomask23

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,057 posts
  • 829 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 49 minutes ago by arcadem
  • Topic is favorited by 335 Pinsiders

You

Topic poll

“Which model are you going to purchase”

• Pro 285 votes
    50%
  • Premium 167 votes
    29%
  • LE 120 votes
    21%

(572 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20240423-005247 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240423-005259 (resized).png
20240415_084026 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image.png
PXL_20240413_183258513.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_3649 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3648 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5713 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5712 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8262 (resized).jpeg
20240406_124621 (resized).jpg
SystemJPinball.ca_1_TMNT-MenuCard-PremLE-Mean1.1_example-3 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1141 TMNT fresh out-of-the-box Issues and Fixes FAQ Posted by Stosel (3 years ago)

Post #1580 Lights rebooting on the back of the machine - FIX Posted by HookedonPinonics (3 years ago)

Post #2172 playfirlo colour differences Posted by Phatchit (3 years ago)

Post #2390 Left Outlane Fix Posted by NoQuarters (3 years ago)

Post #2457 DIY Krang Mod Instructions Posted by ABE_FLIPS (3 years ago)

Post #4037 Glider Servo DIY replacement Posted by PinHead50 (3 years ago)

Post #4120 Link to Amazon product page for replacement servo for glider Posted by PinHead50 (3 years ago)

Post #4327 Sloppy soldering at factory causing overvoltage error - fix Posted by Blackzarak (3 years ago)

Post #4374 Replacing bad glider servo with amazon better one Posted by arcadenerd925 (3 years ago)

Post #4698 Center Ramp non-registering opto fix Posted by spidey (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider LapsedGamer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1218 3 years ago
Quoted from Maide:

Running into an issue on an LE where the ramp glider is constantly moving to the far-left position (feed right flipper). If I move it anywhere else, the software moves it back. I tried using the calibration tool in the diagnostics to re-teach it "center", but it doesn't make a difference; it just keeps moving to the left. If I manually move it to the far-right, and toggle through the positions, it always moves one position left each time I change.

Having same issue on my LE , in addition in attract mode I’ll see the glider and pizza wheel “chirp” just a smidge about every 15 seconds or so

1 week later
#1733 3 years ago

Still waiting on my glider assembly, is there an option to turn off the glider somewhere? Id like to play my game in the meantime, but don't want to risk burning up the board.

#1944 3 years ago

Received my replacement glider assembly from Stern today, hope to be up and running again tonight. Hopefully this one lasts longer than ~12 games. I'm thinking I should update to new code before installing as there looks to be update to the glider code in the latest version to maybe prevent / discourage this from happening again. Thoughts?

#1946 3 years ago
Quoted from LapsedGamer:

Received my replacement glider assembly from Stern today, hope to be up and running again tonight. Hopefully this one lasts longer than ~12 games. I'm thinking I should update to new code before installing as there looks to be update to the glider code in the latest version to maybe prevent / discourage this from happening again. Thoughts?

I will say Stern was very responsive and helpful when I had this issue early on and I've been staying positive about it.

#1948 3 years ago
Quoted from cleanandlevel:

did your servo die on you? glider just stopped working all of a sudden? did you try swapping out the servo first or did you just wait for the glider assembly? please keep us posted on how the swap goes. thanks.

Yea, servo died and glider would only move to the left position, I think it was getting the command to center yet because every 10 seconds or so the machine servo would jerk and this caused the back 1/3 of lights to go out, and also seemed like the pizza wheel would also jerk, I think this is from a power issue of the servo not responding properly and the board cycling power for safety reasons is my uneducated guess. I decided to leave the game off until this repair was made in case this would damage the electronics at all. Emailed distributor and stern with some videos of issue and their recommendation was to swap in a new glider assembly as that was already "calibrated" I don't know if its a servo that is continuous rotation or just limited so my guess is that should be in certain position to start in reference to the assembly for "calibration" I would have tried swapping a servo but I wasn't in a super hurry with some other stuff going on right now, although I am looking forward to getting this fixed and getting the game up and running. If it happens again I think that would be the faster option and potentially much cheaper if the glider was out of warranty. Will post later tonight after swap with any other findings.

#1967 3 years ago

Glider assembly replacement went fine. Updated code. Removed the balls, left the turtle van balls in, lifted play field and disconnected 3 plugs for assembly. Removed the front habitrails, unscrewed the 3 screws holding in the glider assembly. Fished the old wires out, they are curled into the lower pop plastic I had some difficulty fishing the wires so I removed the plastic, be careful there is a spacer under the larger screw, if you have a lighter touch I'm sure its possible fish the old wires out and new wires in without removing the plastic. Slid the new glider in and did everything in reverse. Everything worked fine on my first game. Thanks again to Stern for being responsive and getting me this new assembly, Ill play around with the old servo and see if I can find equiv part to have a spare glider setup now if this happens again.

2 weeks later
#2751 3 years ago
Quoted from RetroGamerJP:

QUESTION: Where in the diagnostics menu is the ability to test the Pizza spin motor? Figured it would be in the game specific diagnostics but all I see is the Glider / Diverter test.

I don't recall there being one.

1 week later
#3034 3 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

I seem to remember reading back in this thread about the rear playfield lights and inserts resetting/cycling during gameplay. Is that a common issue and what was the fix for this?

That happened to my machine as well as others when their glider servo failed and was pulling down the board when it was trying to move. Is this happening on a premium/LE ?

#3042 3 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

Yes, it is on a premium. I just went into the glider test menu and sure enough, when I move the glider the back half of the GI pulses a bit. It doesn't go out and reset but the back half definitely pulses like it looses a bit of power. That's so frustrating and it also looks like there's no option to disable the glider. Is it possible to unplug the glider (while it's in the middle position) and still play the game? I've only played 8 games on this thing. I'm still on code 1.11. Haven't had a chance to update yet.
lapsedgamer what was your final fix for the problem?

I would echo what HookedOnPinonics said, You should be able to unhook the connectors underneath and move to the middle then work with Stern and distributor to get the replacement assembly, I feel your pain as I was down after about a dozen games out of box but I’ve played a few hundred without issue after the replacement. Good luck!

Edit: I would also recommend updating as they did change some code with max servo distances, potentially effecting this issue

#3092 3 years ago
Quoted from acons017:

Anyone? Reference to post #3083

Can't you individually change the number for each position?

#3114 3 years ago
Quoted from acons017:

I haven’t seen that option. Apparently I can only set a new center position. If it’s possible To change the other positions please share how!

Hmmm that must be a recent change as noted a few posts back. Seems like being able to set all 5 positions would be prudent

2 weeks later
#3597 3 years ago

Anyone else have combo's not register if you wing them around really fast? Particularly if they end on the center ramp?

#3601 3 years ago

Okay I will attempt tape hack, had a max krang combo off my first plunge the other night and it didn't register and I was like "Noooooooooo"

2 weeks later
#4016 3 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

For those following, I have a little more information (and questions) regarding the glider function. Working through STERN after about a dozen emails finally suggested that my glider is bad and that I need a warranty replacement thru my distributor. If your glider is acting like how any of the others have described I'd recommend going thru your distributor right away and saving a week of wasted emails.
In any case, I received the .pdf for the glider replacement instructions. At the end there is a section for calibrating the glider. The instructions make it clear that the center position and the center position only is what gets calibrated. Even though the test menu goes through the other four locations, only the center is actually calibrated. If you're having issues with balls getting stuck one way or the other you can try biasing the glider to help. I've found this somewhat useful although my glider is still behaving with issues and doesn't travel far enough to the right (even with bias) to divert from a center ramp to the left flipper.
For those with a working glider mech, can you confirm this - - after playing through the different turtles, I've found on my game that only Michaelangelo and Leonardo can operate the glider IMMEDIATELY when the ball is launched. Hitting the glider button when playing Donatello and Raphael doesn't work right away and only seems to change the diverter after a period of time has gone by (or some sequence that I haven't yet caught on to). The turtles don't call out for different ways they affect the glider. Is this a bug in the code or am I just (un)lucky that for some reason those two turtles consistently behave in the same screwed up way?

The other two use the glider to catch their weapon skill shot.

#4018 3 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

Sorry, but yes obviously they use the glider to stop their skill shots but that doesnt answer my question if others have found that they cant control their glider with those two characters immediately, regardless of hitting their weapon hurry up shot or not. The glider stopping the ball for whatever reason is independent of any lockdown bar action button.

Actually it’s the exact answer to your question, when the weapon hurry up is over/times out you can control it , it’s not independent...

#4035 3 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

Actually, no, its not. I'm talking about before you even hit a shot with those characters, before any ramp is hit, etc. Playing Leo and Mikey the diverter is controllable as soon as you hit the action button and the ball launches. I'm trying to find out from other people if their games allow Raph and Don to control the diverter immediately as well or if it takes a while and a few shots like it appears on my game. I'm not sure how I can make that any clearer...

The reason it "takes a while" is because the game is coded to not allow the diverter to be controlled when it needs the diverted to be in a particular place or ready to move to a particular place, the skill shots for Don and Raph require this, its not about "a few shots" or "taking a while" its coded that way for those characters for the weapon shot. The button will be purple when the game is allowing you to control the glider. So no, the button is not some independent action in the game that always allows you to move the diverter, it also doesn't move around during pizza eating contest, also not a bug.

2 weeks later
#4354 3 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

For the people that have received new glider mechs (premium/LE) from Stern, how long did it take for you to get yours? I've been waiting 2 months at this point for my glider mech replacement. My distributor has called Stern multiple times asking for information but all they keep telling him is "we've confirmed your need of a replacement part".
My TMNT Premium has not been fully functional since I unboxed it day one. It's really frustrating.

It was I wanna say like two weeks , but it was very early in production, like July timeframe.

2 weeks later
#4720 3 years ago
Quoted from Audioenslaved:

If you have gummy bears as a pizza topping you get an extra ball per gummy bear topping that’s why it might be dumping balls from the van

Yup 3 or more gummy bears will dump the van

3 weeks later
#5022 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

So anyone else with Tron and TMNT? Which do you think is Borgs better physical layout ignoring code?

I would solidly go with TMNT if not for the lair shot, but with, I think I that takes enough shine off TMNT to be a toss up between the two.

#5024 3 years ago
Quoted from kell:

I know this has been asked before, but haven't seen a solid answer, how are people hitting the lair shot consistently?
I'm not one to shy away from tough shots, but I have not been able to find the angle/flipper to hit it on a regular basis. I haven't put a ton of games on it yet, but I'm getting to the point where I just hope I get a lucky bounce to trigger training.

The cross shot is very difficult, trapping on the left flipper, then a tap to get it rolling and then backhanding is more reliable, I don't think its a great shot for that reason.

3 months later
#6170 3 years ago

Sister in law made a vinyl sticker for my cup holder, happy Friday dudes

5C6913C0-3D70-48AF-B30C-E14D66B90F9A (resized).jpeg5C6913C0-3D70-48AF-B30C-E14D66B90F9A (resized).jpeg
4 months later
#7088 2 years ago
Quoted from jacksparrow0112:

Hello fellow TMNT owners,
Wondering if I might have something wrong with my premium. When hitting the left ramp shot to start team-ups, the GI lights all turn off as if the ball is supposed to be held every time by the diverter as the animations play to begin the mode. On my game, the ball immediately returns to my flippers and I have to flip in the dark to keep it alive until the lights come back on and the second ball launches. Is this an issue, and if so, where should I begin to correct it?
Thanks in advance

Yea that sounds odd, is the diverter working otherwise? You can cycle it thru the positions pushing the button? The ball is getting caught for 123 Foot, etc?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Waxhaw, NC
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 22.00
$ 16.00
$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 18.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chester, PA
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Twisted Tokens

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 7,999.00
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 7,000.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider LapsedGamer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-club2020-cowabunga-its-pizza-time?tu=LapsedGamer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.