(Topic ID: 271489)

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Club(Stern 2020): Cowabunga! It’s Pizza Time!

By Tuxedomask23

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,044 posts
  • 828 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by Afty86
  • Topic is favorited by 335 Pinsiders

You

Topic poll

“Which model are you going to purchase”

• Pro 285 votes
    50%
  • Premium 166 votes
    29%
  • LE 120 votes
    21%

(571 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240415_084026 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image.png
PXL_20240413_183258513.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_3649 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3648 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5713 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5712 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8262 (resized).jpeg
20240406_124621 (resized).jpg
SystemJPinball.ca_1_TMNT-MenuCard-PremLE-Mean1.1_example-3 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1141 TMNT fresh out-of-the-box Issues and Fixes FAQ Posted by Stosel (3 years ago)

Post #1580 Lights rebooting on the back of the machine - FIX Posted by HookedonPinonics (3 years ago)

Post #2172 playfirlo colour differences Posted by Phatchit (3 years ago)

Post #2390 Left Outlane Fix Posted by NoQuarters (3 years ago)

Post #2457 DIY Krang Mod Instructions Posted by ABE_FLIPS (3 years ago)

Post #4037 Glider Servo DIY replacement Posted by PinHead50 (3 years ago)

Post #4120 Link to Amazon product page for replacement servo for glider Posted by PinHead50 (3 years ago)

Post #4327 Sloppy soldering at factory causing overvoltage error - fix Posted by Blackzarak (3 years ago)

Post #4374 Replacing bad glider servo with amazon better one Posted by arcadenerd925 (3 years ago)

Post #4698 Center Ramp non-registering opto fix Posted by spidey (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Hipponotic.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7593 2 years ago

Has anyone got to the cowabunga wizard mode? seriously feels like the hardest mode to get to second only to simpsons. I was sooooo close and drained on the last April hurry up...just wondering what it even looks like! Also - Kidrobot has a 3" turtle lineup from 2014 that fit the game PERFECTLY! Pictures included. I've got beebop and rocksteady and shredder on the way. (FYI left Donatello helps block the notorious flying left ball drain from rail)

tmnt left (resized).jpgtmnt left (resized).jpgtmnt right (resized).jpgtmnt right (resized).jpgtmnt straight (resized).jpgtmnt straight (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#7717 2 years ago

Left outer drain is a design flaw by missing a mini bumper rod, Correct? Anyone else thought about drilling a matching bumper rod so that it looks like every other game stern's ever made? I feel like because of Covid and everyone working remotely during the making of this game it was over looked. Close to 600 games in and i'm 100% sure that there is supposed to be a rod directly under the training room lower left bumper.

#7718 2 years ago
Quoted from TeamUp:

Code does need updated! TeamUp starts right after the 4th episode. When it's lit you have to shoot the left ramp to start the multi-ball mode.
BTW if the left outlane is too brutal you can swap out the single star post for a double star post to help close the lane some! Also turning down the sling power a little with help with outlane dranes. Tmnt is a tough players game but you will get a hang of it if you give it time! I personally love this game!
[quoted image]

love this idea! I put a little rubber glass stopper on mine and it has helped TONS, but still feel like drilling a rod so that it matches the right side rod drilled in to april's hair.

#7736 2 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

TMNT has no design flaws. Borg is one of the top designers in all of pinball and made what will become one of the most sought after layouts of all time, once TMNT is archived. It’s an asymmetrical design and if that left outlane were any different, you’d have very long game times. It appears tough to shoot at first, but once you get the shots down and trap up to shoot, it has flow and combos unequalled. Just wished the scoring was better balance and maybe all the requirements to get to cowabunga weren’t so tough, lol.

Do t disagree entirely, but It’s a design flaw…100%…doesn’t mean I can’t score, but without a doubt it was some how over looked.

D9305D46-C5AE-4577-AA55-135B4D50B806 (resized).jpegD9305D46-C5AE-4577-AA55-135B4D50B806 (resized).jpeg
#7745 2 years ago
Quoted from DaveTheTrain:

I read you can backhand both ramps?
I put my flipper power up by 5 and managed but then never again (I guess flipper fade?).
I also read in this thread that people put the flipper power down and it makes the game play better. But can you still backhand a ramp?
I'm finding the game brutal, set at 6.5 (at least the bubble is dead center of the two lines)

Factory setting back hands for me, and I can’t imagine playing this game without being able to backhand…forehand right ramp can be an immediate drain lol, so scary of a shot! This game IS brutal. Can’t imagine playing it on-site vs at home. I reset SO many games on first ball.

Leonardo makes getting cowabunga mode the easiest FYI, focus on increasing your turtle level in the training, the extra time is absolute KEY.

2 weeks later
#7892 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Curious is this everyone else’s lowest scoring game amongst their lineup?

100% the lowest scoring game. they need to add a zero. When i get a 200 million game...most other games are 2bill. when you beat the modes, it definitely adds up, but seriously...i should get way more points for the effort put in!

#7905 2 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

I don’t get why a game would not be as popular because of low scoring,I am not a very good player or a competitor so let me know! if the a game is fun like turtles I don’t get it,I for sure could care less!

it matters with regard to tournaments. Typically it's a combination of scores over multiple machines. Hence, TMNT will never be in any tournaments because the scoring is too low.

#7942 2 years ago
Quoted from Bwheels:

I really hope so. There are just a few things that could make this really great
More points for modes.
Mode totals multiply for consecutive modes in 1 ball.
Not locked out when starting 123 foot or weapon.
Comboing into shots increases value.
Krang multiball for “x” inner loop shots.
Pizza frenzy happens outside of multiball.
April hurry up and training option to stack.
Able to relight multiballs a different way instead of playing 4 modes

Great ideas! Personally i just want the option to circumnavigate Turtle power multiball so i can choose to start a mode and stack instead of getting stuck having a solo multiball half the time. i guess they could make it so that if you have the option to hit the ramp to start a mode, turtle power doesn't start until that light is off...that'd be dope.

3 weeks later
#8073 2 years ago
Quoted from Scandell:

Here is a preview:

did i miss how to get this? How much do i need to pay? I'm sitting here with my wallet in hand!!!!

#8085 2 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I dislike the April animations as much as anyone else. However, I would just be careful about putting altered rom images on your game. The EULA forbids it of course, but there's more risk to it than that:

Rob

Kill my warranty all day, worth it for this Mod! I have to fix everything manually anyways and the warranty situations i HAVE had to go thru Stern have always been like pulling teeth when i could just buy the part and replace it in half the time. Insider Connect doesn't interest me. Currently have no interest in adding it to any home machine. But you are right, good or bad, it could impact your warranty.

3 weeks later
#8194 2 years ago
Quoted from TonLoc777:

Question about lair lock bonus during multi ball. I see that it shows up on screen as lair lock 1x, but not sure what it is exactly effecting. It’s one of my favorite things to do during multi, but not sure it is actually worth it pending the scoring benefit.

this is the best, it gives you the opportunity to focus one ball on the achievements available whjile the lair holds on to the second ball, i think its for 20 or 25 seconds? not sure. But i know this is typically how i end up getting the triple mondo cause FUCK if that ain't the hardest.

2 weeks later
#8296 2 years ago
Quoted from Kcucci:

I really hope they fix it soon. It’s the only machine i own and it literally made it not as fun for my wife and i.
we both have to pick michelangelo now since he starts with 5 slices, and since we play with extra balls on, you wanna get that extra ball… so any other turtle sucks cuz you gotta get 7 slices before NPMB. And before that we just gotta spam pizza and avoid 123 or the weapon hurry up.
the game was better on 1.20 code. the game is totally broke now and it’s not fun, i hope they come out with a new code cuz right now there’s an error that takes away 75% of playable turtles. please update, i check all the time, it’s almost been 2 months now.

Kinda confused by this...I don't think I understand it because the new code for me was an absolute upgrade...I'm a raph guy myself if i'm trying to just have a fun game, Leonardo if i want to get the cowabunga, never play don or Mike because they don't really offer any value. But the MBs have been perfect...

also - if you want the game to be more "fun", what i do for friends is make every episode you win give you an extra ball, also, set the MBs to easy and have 5 balls set up and everyone that gets on that table has a great time.

(only thing i wish was that Stern had "player" settings...so i didn't have to go thru the setting each time someone is coming over or my wife wants to play)

1 week later
#8338 2 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

For me Raph is the go to Turtle if going for a big score, but I like Mikey if playing for progress/going for Team Up/Final Battle because that ball save lit at the start of the game can essentially function as an extra ball and I feel comfortable hitting both ramps to light my first episode. I'll use Leo if going for Neutrino Pizza Party.
Im curious why Leo is your "Cowabunga-Turtle."

Leo is my go to because I can almost always get my turtles to level 4 in a game, and Leo gives me all the extra time i need to get shots done for all the modes.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 22.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ballston Spa, NY
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tualatin, OR
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Machine - For Sale
Terre Haute, IN
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 7,000.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Twisted Tokens

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 16.00
$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 7,999.00
$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Hipponotic.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-club2020-cowabunga-its-pizza-time?tu=Hipponotic and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.