(Topic ID: 271489)

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Club(Stern 2020): Cowabunga! It’s Pizza Time!

By Tuxedomask23

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,057 posts
  • 829 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 hours ago by arcadem
  • Topic is favorited by 335 Pinsiders

You

Topic poll

“Which model are you going to purchase”

• Pro 285 votes
    50%
  • Premium 167 votes
    29%
  • LE 120 votes
    21%

(572 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20240423-005247 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240423-005259 (resized).png
20240415_084026 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image.png
PXL_20240413_183258513.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_3649 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3648 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5713 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5712 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8262 (resized).jpeg
20240406_124621 (resized).jpg
SystemJPinball.ca_1_TMNT-MenuCard-PremLE-Mean1.1_example-3 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1141 TMNT fresh out-of-the-box Issues and Fixes FAQ Posted by Stosel (3 years ago)

Post #1580 Lights rebooting on the back of the machine - FIX Posted by HookedonPinonics (3 years ago)

Post #2172 playfirlo colour differences Posted by Phatchit (3 years ago)

Post #2390 Left Outlane Fix Posted by NoQuarters (3 years ago)

Post #2457 DIY Krang Mod Instructions Posted by ABE_FLIPS (3 years ago)

Post #4037 Glider Servo DIY replacement Posted by PinHead50 (3 years ago)

Post #4120 Link to Amazon product page for replacement servo for glider Posted by PinHead50 (3 years ago)

Post #4327 Sloppy soldering at factory causing overvoltage error - fix Posted by Blackzarak (3 years ago)

Post #4374 Replacing bad glider servo with amazon better one Posted by arcadenerd925 (3 years ago)

Post #4698 Center Ramp non-registering opto fix Posted by spidey (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Grayont.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7403 2 years ago

I just got my pro the other day and it's my first spike 2 game. When it's in attract mode there's a periodic whirring/humming noise coming from what seems to be the power supply fan. Is this normal? I've never heard of this happening before.

#7408 2 years ago

Thanks for the info guys! I'll probably get the silent fan once I'm finally tired of hearing the stock one.

1 week later
#7490 2 years ago
Quoted from BaxterStockman:

Yeah I expect most of them to be kind of like that. And some others that will be super grindy.

Yea, a lot of them are sorta just coincidental and you can get from normal play. Some seem somewhat challenging though. Getting all turtles to training level 4, collecting 4 consecutive weapon combos in a 4 player coop game, getting sub 100 seconds on half shell challenge, and of course reaching cowabunga! Also yea a few grindy ones like eating 1000 slices of pizza or defeating 250 foot. But those wouldn't take that many games.

#7492 2 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

Don't forget "completing 8 Episodes." That's actually a pretty solid achievement.

Agreed. That's quite challenging. Also completing team up and final battle are pretty tough. I've been to team up many times and I don't think I've even been close to completing it. I'm assuming you need to save all 3 other turtles to complete it?

#7494 2 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

If you are just trying to beat it, getting the Wrath of Krang (Krang Level 2 mode) completed allows you to shoot 2 shots instead of like 6 or 8, to light the rescue phase. So that definitely helps completion, but hurts points, in my experience.
They also have a couple achievements related to taking in the right toppings to Ninja MB, but in my experience, you don't really "select" ALL of your toppings all that much, maybe if you see one come up but I really dont think the toppings selection is intuitive in any way.

That's a nice tip, thanks! The episode completion perks definitely seem like they can make a large impact. Although playing Wrath of Krang before team up itself is a little tough since you need to play I Want a Body before too. Also as far as the pizza toppings, I'll admit I've never really paid attention to the toppings I'm locking in or attempted to get specific ones before, but I could see myself doing it for an achievement.

#7501 2 years ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

No, during the Pizza Eating Contest. I'm pretty sure it took more than 1.27 seconds for me to push that button 40 times. It sure FEELS like more than 1.27 seconds.

If I’m not mistaken, the timer at the end shows your remaining time left, not the time you completed it in.

#7505 2 years ago
Quoted from PinHead50:

Anyone else see that the new QR reader might be able to block game mods such as the 1987 graphics after its hooked up to the net.... That would suck

I’d assume it wouldn’t make you unable to use the modded code, just not with the insider connected features also. I can understand why tho, it’s an achievement system and high score tracker and modded software which changed the game would obviously ruin those experiences. I know the 1987 code and other modded software doesn’t change the game rules or scoring at all but it makes sense to me that they wouldn’t allow mods to run with the service. Most video games with leaderboards or competitive aspect don’t allow mods of any kind either. But I agree either way it’s a bit unfortunate.

#7507 2 years ago
Quoted from Mahoyvan:

New to me TMNT
What’s the deal with the white Michelangelo light up the center? It seems to be always flashing regardless of hits?
Seems to do that for any turtle i select.

Pretty sure that shot flashes white when the ball lock is ready for ninja pizza multiball. The locks are ready at the start of the game and stay on until you play the multiball.

#7509 2 years ago
Quoted from Mahoyvan:

Ok think we’re onto something here, but then whats the deal with the ninja pizza parlor light that also flashes at the same time!?

Pretty sure that’s signifying the same thing. It’s pretty common for pinball machines you have various purposes for a light. It used the ninja pizza parlor light along with the Michelangelo one to show locks are lit.

#7536 2 years ago
Quoted from s000m:No, sorry think you misunderstood. This is happening during play after plunge.
Ball is resting on right flipper and I shoot for left orbit and it never makes the orbit and bashes and rattles half way up.[quoted image]

This happens to me quite often as well. Can be frustrating when I nailed the shot but it rattles and falls back.

#7552 2 years ago
Quoted from Xaqery:

The top post can feed the upper left flipper when you shoot the left orbit. By design, its supposed to come up and feed the upperleft flipper anytime you have the loop or center ramp lit.
Sorry for the confusion.

I’m aware of this feature, thanks for the clarification. But what me and s000m are talking about is a non intended rattling that occurs just above the upper flipper when shooting the left orbit. The ball hits something and rattles/bounces around and loses all its momentum and falls back, not making the orbit shot at all. The post comes up intentionally on a successful orbit shot where you get credit for hitting the switch. What we’re talking about is just lots of rejects at the entrance to the orbit, just above the upper flipper, near where the balls exit for ninja pizza multiball. It’s probably just part of the game and hitting it too hard makes it rattle.

1 week later
#7598 2 years ago

I've gotten all the requirements done except the April Hurry Ups. Those are definitely the hardest part to me. Closes I've been if everything completed except 2 April Hurry Ups. The team up multiball spotting one could be a pretty cool idea, but I find team up multiball to be pretty difficult to complete also so not sure how much on an impact that would make. And with my luck it would spot me 1, 2, 3 foot or weapon hurry up haha.

#7600 2 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

Fair point. But if you aim for Wrath of Krang you only need two shots per turtle to light rescue so that should make it significantly easier than the 6 or 7 or however many it currently takes. As far as spotting requirements, you'd just need to make sure you get the "easy" ones out of the way. Theoretically, with Mikey, you could get all the requirements except Final Battle BEFORE Team Up MB and then get that spotted and have Cowabunga lit. But that's assuming that feature is ever actually implemented.

True, I would definitely try to complete wrath of krang before team up if this was implemented to help me out in getting to cowabunga. That's probably easier than getting 5 april hurry ups haha. Would also need to try to knock out the weapon combo and foot 1, 2, 3 combos before so you don't spot an easy task.

#7601 2 years ago

Whelp. After a month of owning the game I finally reached cowabunga!! I played it extremely lousily though so I didn’t even take down my GC score. I also ignored training since it’s not required and so I had fewer multipliers and scoring. I missed the left ramp to start it like 3 times on my last ball and I was so nervous haha!! Cowabunga dudes!!!!

11EF5E35-5BC1-4162-976A-9520B592B229 (resized).jpeg11EF5E35-5BC1-4162-976A-9520B592B229 (resized).jpegC299AB20-EC8D-4DCD-B65C-91C796A6929C (resized).jpegC299AB20-EC8D-4DCD-B65C-91C796A6929C (resized).jpeg
#7630 2 years ago

Just finished a nice high scoring game, and my new GC. Raphael definitely seems to be the best for scoring. His level 3 and 4 perks can make episodes worth 9x and triples mondo and super jackpots with the 3x scoring. I somehow didn’t get to cowabunga unfortunately because I somehow never collected a super jackpot in all 4 multiballs I played. Never had that happen before. All other requirements were filled. I had 3x playfield running on the final battle episode completion bonus and got almost 50M from that alone!! Feels so good to have a game like this after this game kicks my ass over and over!!!

9B03D685-DF20-4C02-93C2-35E23CD9E9BF (resized).jpeg9B03D685-DF20-4C02-93C2-35E23CD9E9BF (resized).jpeg
#7633 2 years ago
Quoted from RoyalJack:

I would just like to say that your scores are very.... SUS

#7635 2 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

I actually think that these don't stack like you'd expect. Way, way back, I took the glass off and tested a bunch of things and I believe that was one of the things I figured out. So if you have level 4 Raph, episodes will always be worth 3X even if the playfield X is running. Of course, I could be wrong.

Yea, I wasn't entirely sure because I'd assume the scoring would be way higher than what I was getting, so I suppose you are likely correct at that. Kinda weird because multipliers usually do stack with one another. The playfield x multiplier seemed to stack with the 2x Krang bonus from Raph level 2.

#7639 2 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

"likely correct," I'll take it! haha
Frankly, I'm glad they don't stack because that would even further benefit you for playing as Raph and as it is, I really wish the Turtles were better balanced. It's a cool, unique-ish feature of the game but it is underdeveloped/unbalanced as it currently sits.

I totally agree, all of Raphs perks are pretty useful for scoring big. Some of the other turtles perks are pretty underwhelming when compared. Especially the perk for 2x team up multiball. That one in particular seems very weak considering how little you play teamup, and the fact that you could easily reach that level after playing teamup the first time, and getting to it again isn’t easy at all. And 2x pizza eating contest is only an extra 2m points or so here or there since pizza eating doesn’t come up too often either. Also I kinda wish there was more incentive to level up at all. The flat 10% bonus scoring per level is nice, but even though cowabunga is hard enough as is, I feel like getting to level 3 or even 4 should be a requirement to motivate us to level up. The neutrino pizza party mode is pretty lackluster and I rarely try and play it.

#7645 2 years ago

I got quite the pizza lined up..

EE638CD5-5A7F-4602-9122-FE0289858D23 (resized).jpegEE638CD5-5A7F-4602-9122-FE0289858D23 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#7706 2 years ago
Quoted from DaveTheTrain:

I just fiddled around under the pf and backbox and it worked... Guess something loosened in transit!
What a game! Being used to the early 90s Bally Williams I've got a lot to learn
Regarding rules, is there any benefit to holding the left flipper when you plunge?

If you have something worthwhile lit at the side loop or side ramp it can be worth going for. I originally always went for the plunge all the way to the upper flipper, but I think generally it's actually better to go into the pops because one of the pict-o-pops awards is an extra ball.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Oakhurst, CA
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Twisted Tokens

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 3.49
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 16.00
$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
$ 7,000.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 7,999.00
$ 22.00
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 23.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Grayont.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-club2020-cowabunga-its-pizza-time?tu=Grayont and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.