(Topic ID: 271489)

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Club(Stern 2020): Cowabunga! It’s Pizza Time!

By Tuxedomask23

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Topic poll

“Which model are you going to purchase”

• Pro 285 votes
    50%
  • Premium 166 votes
    29%
  • LE 119 votes
    21%

(570 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_5963 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5968 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5969 (resized).jpeg
turtles (resized).jpg
IMG_3566 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240316_051625591 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240316_034508453 (resized).jpg
IMG_3277 (resized).JPG
20240308_213544 (resized).jpg
20240308_211320 (resized).jpg
20240308_211805 (resized).jpg
20240215_093714 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
1EB20A79-521C-4BEB-AAA6-F2E7D64EE9D1 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1141 TMNT fresh out-of-the-box Issues and Fixes FAQ Posted by Stosel (3 years ago)

Post #1580 Lights rebooting on the back of the machine - FIX Posted by HookedonPinonics (3 years ago)

Post #2172 playfirlo colour differences Posted by Phatchit (3 years ago)

Post #2390 Left Outlane Fix Posted by NoQuarters (3 years ago)

Post #2457 DIY Krang Mod Instructions Posted by ABE_FLIPS (3 years ago)

Post #4037 Glider Servo DIY replacement Posted by PinHead50 (3 years ago)

Post #4120 Link to Amazon product page for replacement servo for glider Posted by PinHead50 (3 years ago)

Post #4327 Sloppy soldering at factory causing overvoltage error - fix Posted by Blackzarak (3 years ago)

Post #4374 Replacing bad glider servo with amazon better one Posted by arcadenerd925 (3 years ago)

Post #4698 Center Ramp non-registering opto fix Posted by spidey (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Eskaybee.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#371 3 years ago
Quoted from cleanandlevel:

so if everyone in here were billionaires, there would be some of you that would still buy the pro strictly based on value?

If I were a billionaire, I would probably get both. LE for the collector in me, pro for the player in me.

seriously, when it comes to pro vs LE, it really depends on the title and the person you are, that’s why its one of the biggest ongoing debates on this site. Example, i prefer ACDC in the pro over the prem. I know I’ll lose the argument every day of the week, But whatever... the pro is still more fun

As for TMNT; it’s easily too early to tell which is better but the pro looks like a damn packed pro. I could care less about 8 ball multiball, but who knows about having staged balls? Gotta play it. Diverted looks like it would be the biggest addition to have, but who knows? Gotta play it. Prem also has extra code in the multiball jackpot rules, is that worth the extra? Who knows? Gotta play it. Someone in here mentioned they’re getting all 3, now that’s the person you’ll want to ask haha

#378 3 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

Show yourself out

Hahaha. If it makes you feel better, I hang out in the acdc prem/Le club thread

#607 3 years ago
Quoted from TheGunnett:

#5 has arrived, Thanks to Melissa & Chris @ Cointaker!
The paint glows under my LED lights and I’m very impressed so far.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That looks awesome! You may want to remove your post, however. If stern catches wind of it, they may get the idea to sell a $600 black light.

#727 3 years ago
Quoted from Bbru:

Received my LE yesterday. #183 is my second pinball machine (first is WOZ). Thanks to Operation Pinball for getting me one in a hurry. I was super nervous sending that much money I’ve never met face to face.
I’ve only had limited playing time but compared to WOZ, it plays lightning fast. Still have to learn all the call outs and lights because who can watch a screen when the ball is sailing around like it does? Maybe I shouldn’t have waxed the playfield first?
The art and features live up to the hype in my opinion. The light show a shaker motor are awesome. They give the game a much more tactile response to the shots.
It is nice to be playing instead of reading about it incessantly. Thanks to all who have posted plenty for me to review. Certainly helped pass the time.[quoted image]

I still think waxing a modern day NIB right out of the box was a comical joke by the old timers here to point and laugh at the result. Doesn’t hurt anything, but ‘haha watch him try to control the ball now...’. It’s like that old fable joke that you can’t crush an egg by squeezing it in one hand.

1 year later
#8884 1 year ago
Quoted from Jakers:

I find it useful when qualifying episodes. If I need to hit the left ramp in order to qualify my next episode, I make sure the glider is diverting the ball to my right flipper for an easy shot to the turtle van to start the episode. I admit, the glider isn't the most useful feature, but I'm a sucker for all the bells and whistles on my premiums.

Are there rules differences with the PREM vs pro? I thought there was for this game, but don’t remember what it was - pizza topping? Am I in the ball park or totally off?

#8918 1 year ago
Quoted from mikespins:

First game back from being in the hospital with my wife for 6 nights after the birth of our first born, I had a 139 million ball one. I was crushing it, best I've ever played. Was so excited to write "DAD" or my son's initials on the scoreboard then all of the sudden the TPMB bug got me and the game reset. Man was I bummed! Does Stern know exactly how this happens?

Huge Congrats to you and your wife and parenthood! I have TMNT on my radar, what’s the deal with the crashing? I keep hearing about it. Hopefully something Stern addresses before their next run.

8 months later
#10381 1 year ago

New owner reporting in. I played turtles about 10 months ago and it impressed the heck out of me; even more so than GZ, AIQ, and Mando. Happy to finally be in the club and picked up a HUO premium with roughly 600 plays. It was an older model so no insider connect; in fact, the game was out of date by 5 updates lol.

I have a few initial questions:

1. Should I install insider connect: it sounds like it’s a must for this game?

2. How’s shaker integration? Must have? So far the game is so fast I could care less for a shaker.

3. If you hold the upper flipper up when the ball whips around, is it supposed to hit the pizza toppings target by design or no?

Initial impressions, this game is wild and crazy fun!

#10388 1 year ago
Quoted from plasticbugs:

I don't have insider connect, but it does store your turtles' training levels so it would be nice to have all their perks from the start of the game to make scoring and progress a bit easier. I avoided it because it doesn't (yet!) play nice with Scandell 's April mod, so I've put off getting one - even after upgrading to the 1.54 code which removes the April mod, I still want that April mod back and will only get the insider connect if it causes 0 issues with the 1.54 April (and now Baxter!!) mod that is currently in the works.
April Mod link: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-april-o-neill-animation-mod-for-stern-s-tmnt-ninja-turtles-
NOT YET COMPATIBLE WITH 1.54, but seems to be very close - they're squashing a bug they discovered.
As for the shaker integration. It is awesome except for one complaint that the intensity for the Ninja Pizza Multiball is just way too much for inside of a home. It violently shakes the whole machine, loosens screws over time. I've adjusted my shaker weights to minimize this, but it's still super intense and even on the lowest shaker setting, it's still the same amount of shaking for that event. A while back, I did disable the shaker, but the feedback you get from hitting targets, completing modes, etc. is more than worth the pain of that one ridiculous sustained shaking even from the multiball. So I have turned "full" shaking back on and live with the earthquake the thing causes.
I don't usually hold that upper flipper up on my premium when the ball goes around, I'm usually flipping to hit that center ramp to more safely feed my flippers. If it hits the pizza target, I'm guessing that's a bit of a nice-to-have especially if you've qualified the Neutrino Pizza Party by training or you want to change the multiball toppings.

Thanks for the input! I may hold off on both the shaker and IC for now. I’ll need to read up on the pizza toppings rules, what I did find is upper inner loops shots can bounce into the pizza target if I keep the flipper in the upper position. Otherwise, I do go for the ramp like you said.

#10389 1 year ago

A few more initial thoughts.

This game is blowing me away on fun factor. I know it’s honeymoon period time ya ya ya, but wow! So many things going on; for instance, I did this Rad-Zone mode risk/reward build value with red shots and collect with blue. It was freaking a sweet mode. I drained out fast the first time but got it again and blew it up for 60 mil, that was quite satisfying. Smoked the previous GC lol.

I’m having a blast with the weapons and 1-2-3 challenges. Definitely need to start learning more of the rules. Oh and the Light show…yea no need to say what you already know, just wow - A Dwight staple for sure, over the top excellent!

#10424 1 year ago
Quoted from dboeren:

Getting better. My old TMNT high score was 45M. Yesterday I got 69M (Michelangelo), today I got 66M (Raphael). Still falling *just* short of that 2nd Ninja Pizza Multiball that would boost me up to the next big increment but it's coming...
And now that I'm used to Turtles, Star Wars no longer feels too fast to me. It's just like "Yeah, whatever. I've had worse."

Question regarding this. How do you relight Ninja pizza multiball? I’ve done it a couple of times but didn’t quite understand what I did to qualify it.

#10426 1 year ago
Quoted from KneeKickLou:

You have to progress through 4 modes then do the Team-Up mini wizard mode, this will allow you to do NPMB and Turtle Power MB again.

That explains why I’ve only done it a couple times haha. Thanks!

I need to check my audits but I’m pretty sure I have roughly 150 plays in the 3 days I’ve owned it lol! Game is addictively fun.

Highlights for me that stand out so far:
• the red dimension mode is cool as heck
• Team up mode, while kicking my ass, is freakin sweet. Reminds me of HOTK on GOT. Just need to learn and understand it more so it’s not over as quick as it begins lol
• Lighting and moments are freaking fantastic. A true Dwight staple that sets his games above anyone else’s IMO.
• love how fast the game and modes are.
• Half shell challenge is sweet.

Biggest criticism so far: making a right ramp or right loop shot and getting blinded by the Dwight show making it difficult to combo the upper flipper shot lol.

#10432 1 year ago
Quoted from KneeKickLou:

Each mode you complete in the lead up to team up mode will give you perks for that. I think one of the modes, mousers maybe, will allow you to use the inlanes to spot shot which can be a huge advantage.

I love rules like this. They evolve as you progress. So awesome.

1 week later
#10468 1 year ago
Quoted from fstfish66:

question,,,,any one have any experience using voo doo glass or what any other brand of non glare glass ??? TMNT PREMINUM the glider is hard to see due to glare thanks

Invisiglass. It’ll change the way you look at pinball forever.

#10475 1 year ago

This. Game. Is. Awesome.

I’m gonna say it, Dwight is the best game developer in pinball right now.

Dwight Xaqery - please keep doing what you’re doing. GOT, SW, Mando, TMNT. Here’s to you moment maker - the prince of breadth.

#10514 1 year ago
Quoted from bossk4hire:

Ok... can we please move on from the Apron cards

Before last night; I’ve only broken 100 mil once - roughly 170 mil and first time getting to final battle.

Then I did this; stars aligned, making shots, Leveled Donatello to 3 relatively quickly so had nice ball save timers; which eventually got him to level 4 in time for my second turtle power mb. Epic game, love the wizard modes.

504473E6-0750-458D-8C12-C7F19F164B5D (resized).jpeg504473E6-0750-458D-8C12-C7F19F164B5D (resized).jpegADA5A9A4-72A4-4090-8486-8B098B6680B1 (resized).jpegADA5A9A4-72A4-4090-8486-8B098B6680B1 (resized).jpeg
#10516 1 year ago
Quoted from NovaCade:

Damn dude! Congrats!!!! This machine still kicks my ass daily

Trust me. It’s still kicking my ass. Love it! Lol. And if I really want an ass kicking - impossible mode is so cool/fun!

#10520 1 year ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

with Turtle, i think/suppose the PREM/LE are "easier" to the PRO, simply because of the diverter, than you can chose on which side you want the ball next
and in multiball, that ball freezed/locked in the LAIR, while adding a X1 playfield (if i'm not wrong)
what do you think ?
if i compare with Mando, thats the opposite, the PRO is easier for sure with the mini-playfield

Haven’t played the pro. But couldn’t imagine playing this game without using the diverter; so fun, so cool…I’m constantly using it. So I Agree, it’s probably easier for ball control. I often find myself with the ball on the left flipper and needing to get it to the right - easy back hand to left ramp, divert to right flipper. Another example is controlling the weapon hurry up shots.

Lair ball lock is a cool feature. Multiball is so fast and hectic so it does help when you drain out that you still have a ball locked for safe keeping to resume play. The hard part, which I’m still trying to figure out, is getting mushrooms on the pizza - ie moving toppings intentionally is pretty risky. I do love how pizza toppings/lock works in impossible mode - basically there’s no toppings and you have to move them and/or can shuffle them about how you like first in the pops. Harder to start multiball, but a tiny bit more control over what toppings you get.

Another cool feature of the Lair lock is one of the wizard modes (final battle or cowabunga, forget which), but there’s a point where you’re locking balls in all the different locks, very cool.

#10522 1 year ago
Quoted from vgatchaman:

I believe there's a setting that allows you to change the weapon hurry up inline by flipping the flippers. Not sure if that's how it is default or if that's a setting I made, but that's how it is on my pro.

You’re right, I don’t know what I was thinking. That has nothing to do with the diverter. Same on both models.

1 week later
#10590 1 year ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Would you make the trade?
Guardians of the Galaxy Pro for TMNT Pro. Both stock, GoTG does not have insider connected.

I’d make that trade in a heartbeat. Guardians is such a cookie cutter samey stern pin. TMNT is way more unique, creative, has a lot more character, and moments…oh the moments! The prince of breadth (Dwight) wins by a landslide IMO.

1 week later
#10609 1 year ago

I’ve found a lot of posts in this thread regarding the auto plunger failing (getting weak), but haven’t been able to find any real resolution. I’m starting to see this on my TMNT more often now that I’m 4-6 weeks into ownership.

What I’ve found in this thread is that the culprit could be either:
• magnetized balls (I use titans which never had a problem in the past with, but will try swapping them out this weekend if I have others).

Or

• replace auto plunger coil with an upgraded coil.

Looking for owner experience and thoughts. Thanks!

#10622 1 year ago

RE: auto plunger

Thanks for the feedback so far. Did some investigating and looks to be a ball magnetizing issue which is crazy as I’ve never had magnetizing issues with Titan Pinballs.

Fired up the game today; existing balls fired fine for first dozen or so launches then again back to weak plunges. Replaced with some used ones I had lying around (which I think are the ones from Marco). Played for about an hour, no issues. Now I am getting some wicked ball launches off the standup targets which I never did before. Lowering flipper power seemed to have helped with that.

#10625 1 year ago

Donatello glider just took a nose dive. Not sure where the set screw went that was holding him on. Is getting him back on fairly easy? ie remove the Phillips screw holding the diverter, and screw him back in? Granted I can find a screw.

I just had to leave the house so posting here until I can dig into it this weekend

C0F6FF36-233A-4AD0-BF0D-6EE9EDA779F6 (resized).jpegC0F6FF36-233A-4AD0-BF0D-6EE9EDA779F6 (resized).jpeg
#10635 1 year ago
Quoted from sarty51:

Do you use super shiny Titans? I had issues with those on Godzilla they seemed to magnetize quicker. Moved to standards and really had no issues.

Yup. Exactly what I was using. Thanks for the feedback. So your regulars, are still titans?

2 weeks later
#10680 12 months ago
Quoted from big-c66:

I’ve had tmnt now for a year and it kicks my rear end but I still love it. Absolutely a beautiful pin n definitely fast. I guess I’m a slow learner on this one on what exactly I’m supposed to do but I will get it. The only thing I still want is DWIGHT to make the scoreing better when you do achieve things in the game in my opinion and whole lot of other people have said the same thing.

I must be in the minority. I think the scoring is fine. If you start at turtle level 4, I could see some imbalances.

#10696 11 months ago
Quoted from PinballCharlie:

No scuffing or scraping - when it's tightened the post rotates clockwise and the silicon band naturally butts up against the wood side rail and has no play in it.
I've changed out several during prototyping and testing - no marks on the play field. Double post is made of a durable resin.
The final model changed up a bit with some throwing stars.
My kid actually made it to "A Walk in the Park" for the first time yesterday.
I still suck at it, however [quoted image]

What mode is a walk in the park? Don’t think I’ve seen that one yet.

#10703 11 months ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I'll be making a trade on a TMNT pro tonight. Haven't spent much time on it, nor have I followed development on it much. Any must have mods that I should look into? The game is pretty fresh, about 150 plays, and has a couple cosmetic mods (ooze on speaker panel and action button trim). Anything else recommended?
I'll probably put the cartoon code unless the stock code is better.

I haven’t seen the comic code, but the stock code is fantastic. I don’t think any mods are needed, just play. It’s fast, mean, and fun.

#10707 11 months ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Right on. I'm a borg fan so I'm looking forward to it. I hear people don't like the game for reasons but it seems to have a good following. I'm not a huge fan of Dwight code, but maybe this game will turn it around. *fingers crossed*

I think it’s borgs best. Fastest pin I’ve ever played. If you like speed and brutality, you should enjoy it.

#10727 11 months ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

My best so far is 20 something million...and I had to work to get it. Besides the common strategies of bringing modes into MBs, what else should I be focusing on? I still don't know the half of what I'm doing. I know that left and right ramps relight modes at the Pizza Parlor? Maybe? Lol
Scoring is so low. Even my wife yelled out "Cmon Dwight! Don't be so stingy with the points!" LOL
I don't need inflated scoring or anything but man, when you're used to scoring in other Stern games and you walk up to this one, it can seem like an uphill battle.
I still really enjoy shooting it though. Still can't get the timing on that side ramp.

Side ramp is tough for sure. One of the tougher side ramps in pinball. But so dam satisfying to hit, especially on the combo.

Scoring will come in time. I average in the 50 mils for the most part; occasional 100+ mil; with a GC of 450+ mil. Though, it is easier score on the premium.

#10733 11 months ago

I wish there was a high score table for just impossible mode.

#10743 11 months ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

How does that work with players that aren't insider connected in the same game?

I don’t have IC on mine. Kinda defeats the purpose of the level up concept of the game. That said, I do slightly retract my previous statement; my average scores are more around 25 mil. But I did just get to final battle with Donatello for a 150 mil game!

#10750 11 months ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Well, my game has IC but I wonder if it'll better be used on one of my other games like DP or JP. I don't like the idea that I would have an unfair handicap over those that don't have it.

Yea, starting at level 3 or 4 really unbalances the game. For example; Raphael gets a playfield multiplier for the entire game and Donatello gets a +10 sec ball saver and double scoring in turtle power mb, which is automatically lit at the beginning of the game due to his level 1. These are huge end game perks to have at ball start, which is why Leonardo and Michaelango have better level 1 perks but aren’t too powerful with their end game level ups comparatively speaking.

I would think the best thing about starting at level 4 is having fun exploiting and dipping into each turtles end game perks. Variety and something else to do is always good in a home use environment.

1 month later
#10865 10 months ago
Quoted from freddy:

Flow
The pro has flow !

I’m guessing this is sarcasm? being able to control your shots and direction the ball goes on the premium adds so much.

Pro = harder (mainly cause the lack of flow compared to the premium and having to get creative to get the ball on a preferred flipper).

Premium = easier but that’s because it has much better flow and controllability. Game still an ass kicker.

Oh, and the glider obstructs nothing.

#10886 10 months ago

Wow so much fail in the last 15’ish posts (minus thunderbird, he’s spot on).

Where do I start; pro has more flow….by plunging into the pops?? Lol. First game in history where people would rather have the ball in the pops rather than soaring around ramps. I guess the Deadpool pro owners are in this group too.

Glider: if you guys aren’t using this constantly, you’re missing out. And I mean constantly; I’m guessing here, but I probably use it 20 times a game, if not more? Flow, control ability, decision making. The other prem/LE features I could care less, that glider diverter is so cool and fun to use to help advance through the game faster.

2 weeks later
#10919 9 months ago
Quoted from Joey_Bada_Bing:

Should my flippers at full strength be able to consistently backhand the left ramp? My machine pretty much won’t. The pitch at 6.5 and has about 600 plays on it

It’s a tough shot to backhand. But it should be doable. At default power, I can make it fairly consistently though. I have my power -5 to reduce right ramp airballs, so it is more difficult to back hand, but still more than 50% I’d guess.

#10924 9 months ago

Don’t count out magnetized balls either. This will affect the auto plunge and metal ramp shots. The used TMNT i bought was having all sorts of quirky issues like the auto plunge, pizza parlor locks, stuck balls in van. Pretty much all these issues went away when I put in regular non-shiny, non-magnetized balls.

#10934 9 months ago
Quoted from marineman:

I upgraded to the following servo:
Hitec 32645S HS-645MG metal gear ($35):
amazon.com link »
I also ordered a reverser so I didn't have to mess with opening it and doing it manually ($10 for two):
amazon.com link »
My glider has been performing flawlessly since I did the servo replacement. I also fly RC planes, and I trust Hitech with my expensive planes. They are simply tougher than the off-brands, like the junk Stern decided to put in these. I would NOT fly a several hundred dollar plane on those, so I don't run my pin on them either!
The process was simple. Lift the playfield before disassembling the ramps and glider area. Follow the servo wire and you will see where it plugs into a small shrink-wrapped board. Simply cut away the shrink wrap to the point where you can unplug the servo wire, then unplug it. No need to remove all the wrapping. Remember which way the black or brown wire faces (take a pic or something) - you'll want to match that when plugging the new one back in, or it won't work. Also look for small zip ties and clip them so you can remove everything from the topside. I don't recall if there were any down there, but follow the line and check to save lifting it again when you're doing the topside work.
Then you drop the playfield to work on the topside. Disassemble the lower ramps first, then the glider area (just a couple screw and nuts), clip the couple little zip ties to free the wire for removal, then lift the glider mounting area, unscrew the old servo (again, noting it's direction and the control horn direction to match the new one - take pics!), feed the new wires back in the same hole, screw everything back together on the top side, then lift the playfield and plug in the new wires. Note: I did have to drill out the Hitech control horn to get the metal wire arm to fit through the closest approximate hole to the original. Super short summary, just try to do everything as close to original as possible with the new servo.
After all that, reverse the disassembly process and put it all back together. One note to make your life easier - put the metal wire coming from the glider through the control arm on the servo before mounting the servo. You won't get it in there otherwise.
Some of the screws are pretty small and are easily dropped, so I put a white towel down with a magnetic dish to set them all in and keep everything accounted for, and the towel helps to see the ones that you inevitably drop and keep them from falling through the playfield. You'll be flipping that metal glider assembly to get the servo out, so it'll also protect your playfield as you work.
Oh, while those ramps are out of the way, it opens the area for some cleaning and waxing that's usually a pain on this game.
Once done, you will go into the menu and re-calibrate the glider (only the center position, as the sides are relative to that and cannot be individually adjusted, but you can test to see how far it'll go at the extremes in the menu). It's all under Diag > Game > Gldr. You may have to play with it to get it right, but this should NOT require and physical disassembly - it's just software at this point. My center is around 195, fwiw. The goal: glider should be centered at center, and you have a little wiggle room to keep the side margins from overly slamming the side walls.
It's really very self-explanatory once you get started, I promise! $35-45 and 15-20 minutes and I was done and playing with a functional glider that should last a long time before needing another rebuild.
Cowabunga, dudes!

Awesome write up!
Question if you don’t mind: I need to re-mount my Donatello figure; he came off. Do you think I need to dissemble the whole assembly like you mentioned above. Or should I be able to take off his mounting bracket without messing with the servos?

I haven’t dug too deep into it yet; but was planning to in the next few weeks. Appreciate any info.

1 week later
#10982 9 months ago
Quoted from marineman:

Regarding scoring, I continue to be very disappointed the episodes aren't worth more. Under $1m for most of them. IMHO, this game is way too dependent on multiballs. If you choke one of them, you have to wait for 4 episodes to re-try, which is an eternity in this game. It really feels like it's MB or bust, and that's sad on a game with great other modes.

I may need to pay closer attention, but I could swear I’m getting $3M-$10M for modes.
RE: multiballs - you get 2 before team up mode (pizza and turtles). Pizza toppings aside, you gotta plan them out right. If I get the mousers mode (which is a huge team up perk), then I try to get a multi ball going asap. Slash, Krang, and the retro mutant ray ones are others I like to stack with multiball. That leaves you with 2 modes to do stand alone.

There’s times I’ve blown up score in pizza mb, other times in the ninja turtles mb. Other times it’s from hitting the cowabunga goals (1-2-3, krang, weapon, April, etc…). I admit I suck ass at the team up modes; seems to be over as quickly as it begins, anyone else like that? But there have been times I’ve progressed deep and blew it up. If memory serves, final battle has some rewarding scoring pay outs too.

All in all; I haven’t been bothered by the scoring at all on this game like it’s been amplified. Maybe I’m just oblivious cause the game is so fast and rewarding in itself?

1 month later
#11067 7 months ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

Pro vs premium. Tough call.

Mushroom lair lock is neat and can add some strategy to toppings. Similar to Metallica snake lock or groot.

Two way spinning pizza is cool for added effect and randomness.

The big game changer is the diverter. I love diverting the ball different ways to setup my shots. It adds so much more flow. Couldn’t live without it.

Premiums are creeping pretty low; I’d go for one of those if you can find it at a good price. All in all the game is fast and brutal, but the rules make up for it with quick progression and lots of breadth.

3 weeks later
#11159 6 months ago
Quoted from MadMagic7:

So I have a question for TMNT owners and players, Pro or Premium/LE?
I ask because I initially got to play a TMNT pro at an arcade. I had a great time and really enjoyed it and considered if I wanted to get one. I had thought the premium would be even better but then recently I played it and didn't enjoy it as I thought I would. I felt the shooter ramp leading into the plastics meant the ball gets dropped and is still bouncing on the playfield just as it gets to the upper flipper and makes the side loop/ramp shot really frustrating. Also the increase in items in the upper playfield area more crowded and harder to see things.
I still had enjoyment playing the machine but it just didn't come off as great. What are your thoughts? Is there something better I could be doing or am I better off playing the pro and avoiding the annoyances?

On the surface, the features don’t seem worth the value to upgrade from pro to premium. But, the Diverter on the premium is the biggest sole reason to go premium. It adds so much more flow to the game especially when you need the ball on the right flipper, which is a lot.

The other features are nice additions. I do think the 2-way spinning pizza disc is underrated as far as features. As cool as the mushrooms lair lock is on pizza multiball, the 2-way disc really does add a lot of fun to the chaos.

I’d argue the pro is probably the harder game, but that’s not necessarily a good thing since this is one of the fastest and hardest modern pins around. So the additional flow of the premium makes the game more fun, rather than frustrating.

That all said, if you’re not one to utilize the diverter frequently (I am constantly using it during gameplay), then there’s no real reason to upgrade to a premium.

1 month later
#11272 5 months ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

I'm going to ask you fine gentlemen a question:
Why the effing hell do people not like this game?!?!?
I am blown away by it. It is amazing. What in the hell is wrong with people for not liking it? I'm mystified. I honestly feel like there are multiple universes, and this universe is the one where people don't like Turtles. That's how we would categorize thr universe we are currently in.
I played it at expo with some buddies last, and we all agreed it is terrific. It was one of my big take-aways of the show. Maybe I should come here and bash it in hopes of the prices going down even lower to buy one lol. But yeah, I don't get why people don't like it.

The game is bad ass. I’ve been playing mine A LOT lately. It gets a bad wrap from the vocal tourny minority because it’s a hard game to score on especially if you do bad on the multiballs. Otherwise, it’s becoming one of my favorites; highly underrated.

2 weeks later
#11344 4 months ago
Quoted from konghusker:

I’ve only played a pro on location. Is there a difference in difficulty between the pro and premium? Thinking about getting one, but not sure premium is worth the extra unless it plays better, especially for casual guests.

I couldn’t live without the diverter. It’s fun and adds more flow to the game. It does make the game slightly easier which is probably a good thing on this table.

I would favor the dual pizza spinner over the lair lock. The lair lock is cool and adds a tiny amount of strategy, but not really worth it in the end.

#11345 4 months ago

I will add. To me; TMNT pro vs premium is very similar to DP pro vs premium. The diverter on both games don’t seem worth the upgrade but they are really game enhancing mechs, in a big way.

#11349 4 months ago
Quoted from konghusker:

What’s the difference in the lair lock? I didn’t realize they were different

There’s an added pizza topping, mushrooms, that when you have it for pizza mb, you can lock a ball in the lair for 2x scoring.

#11351 4 months ago
Quoted from Tommy_Pins:

$2,000 for a diverter…

However you want to spin it.

For me, I had little to no interest in getting TMNT. I went to play a few new pins (at the time), Godzilla, AIQ, and rush. I played TMNT LE for giggles and i was shocked at how much I enjoyed it. I ended up getting AIQ that day mainly because there were no TMNT premiums available at that time and the LE owners were asking too much IMO. 6 months later, TMNT’s started popping up everywhere; a premium popped up 5 mins from my house for roughly $1k more than what pros were going for at the time. So I’d say it was $300 for the diverter, $100 for the pizza mech, $100 for the lair lock, and $500 for the additional code.

1 week later
#11440 4 months ago

I love the pizza spinner action on TMNT. Ability to spin both directions is awesome.

2 weeks later
#11508 3 months ago
Quoted from Jblock22:

You've convinced me, I bought the plate demagnetizer. Especially if the guy truly did just order new balls and they're magnetized after 3 weeks (granted it's our first and only pin so it's been getting decently heavy play). With having the premium which has 8 balls it sounds like I can just set all 8 balls on this thing at the same time, pull them away, and they'll all be demagnetized? Or is it better just to do a couple at a time?
Also, on a side note, I know how to remove the main 5 balls from the machine, but do you know how I would go about force ejecting the 3 balls that are held inside the turtle van? Thanks!

You can, and probably should, just buy balls that do not get magnetized. That’s what I did. No issues since.

1 week later
#11535 3 months ago
Quoted from Jblock22:

Thanks cabal and bwalter for the feedback!
Cabal, I did take a slow motion video and it looks like the auto plunger is hitting evenly. I'm also less inclined to think it's a "contact" issue since after opening the machine and (whether this next part was the issue or not) degaussed the balls it seems to auto fire consistently... for at least 50 plunges from last night. If it wasn't making contact right I can't imagine it would magically fix itself for so many in a row without fiddling with it.
Bwalter, yeah you may be right. being my first (and only) machine it's been getting quite a bit of play so that may be leading to this issue faster than "normal". Next time this issue creeps up (probably next week at this rate) I'll try putting them all on a flat surface as you mentioned and see if I can get them to attract to each other.
Still wouldn't mind if someone could chime in on the carbon balls and how they play on this machine. Is it like stated that they might not magnetize to the pizza spinner multiball as well (or at all)? Definitely wouldn't want that. But if it still plays relatively the same but keeps me from having to degauss them every 50 games that would also be nice.

You really seem dedicated to have these turtles like your balls Get normal magnetism resistant balls.

Titan regular (non shiny):
https://www.titanpinball.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=57&product_id=69

Or

Marco non magnetized standard:
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/PB116-5

I’m currently using the titan standard in the link above and have had zero issues since. I just ordered the Marcos with the black Friday deal and plan to try those in a few months to see if there’s any difference.

#11547 3 months ago
Quoted from Absaroka_Flipper:

Generally asking - how long have you owned TMNT, did you beat the wizard mode, and how long did it take you? I know answers will vary but I'm curious what different players experiences have been. This is a home pin dream theme for me. I've only played on location but love the depth of this game.

I’ve had my premium for about 10 months. There’s a lot to do in the game which gives it a lot of last ability. It is a brutal and tough game, so it’s good to have another pin to go to when you need a breather. I took a near 2 month break for awhile just playing GNR and GOT instead, and neglecting TMNT. Then around September, I started playing religiously, like way more than almost any pin I’ve played - it was very addicting and I couldn’t stop. That did come to a halt when I got Venom, but besides that I have a new fond love and respect for TMNT.

That said, I’ve made it to Cowabunga (final wizard mode) once, but that was early on in ownership when my balls were magnetized which made the game easier. Since realizing my balls were magnetized, I erased my scores and haven’t made it to Cowabunga since. But I have been very very close many times. I’ve done final battle quite a few times and other achievements like getting a turtle to level 4 (which feels almost as rewarding as making it to a wizard mode). The modes and wizard modes in the game are very well done with good rules and integration.

All in all, TMNT is climbing the charts of my personal favorites - it very well might be my favorite Borg game.

#11549 3 months ago

Love GoT. Great replayability in being able to choose a house and stack modes with different multiballs. I think GoT and TMNT are similar in the sense that you get a lot of mileage out of the pro version. I have the benefit to play a lot of pins on location. Looking for a tough one for home.
I think I've pretty much narrowed it to TMNT, JP, or GoT. I've put the most time in on GoT. Going to spend a few hours on the other two When I take my dad to Radioactive Arcade in Aiken next weekend. If you were to give up GoT or TMNT which one would you part with?

Man, that is a tough one. GOT pro is awesome; and I only recently got the LE because the price (w-topper, blades, color dmd) was stellar, almost that of a pristine pro. Believe it or not, ball times on my GOT are shorter than TMNT (for the most part); but I have my GOT setup difficult with no extra balls. But, it’s easier and faster to progress in GOT so setting it up harder makes sense. Besides hand of the king (one of my favorite modes in pinball), TMNT has more to do and better modes. Team up isn’t remotely close to as good as HOTK, unfortunately. If I had to get rid of one today, or wanted to sell to buy another game, it would be GOT, but it would be very close. And if I were choosing between pro models, I would probably stick with GOT - I just couldn’t live without the extras of TMNT premium, where I could with GOT since the pro plays better.

#11551 3 months ago

The glider, van lock, and crane toy make that big of a difference for you with the premium? Good to know. I agree, Hand of the King is such a fun mini-wizard mode and nice reward for getting halfway to Iron Throne. I usually have decently long ball times on GoT. Just love the way it shoots and post passing is dreamy on the pin I play.

Factory GOTs are easy to have long game times. Remove outlanes, tight tilt, 0 extra balls, and it’s a much different experience which makes it even more engaging and rewarding.

Premium glider is fantastic for flow. The glider and lair lock does make the game easier, but that’s actually a good thing on such a hard game. I love the dual spinning pizza spinner. Refresh my memory on the pro, does the van not physically lock balls for turtle power and pizza multiballs or just turtle power? I could probably live without it, but I’m a sucker for physical ball locks. The krang mech adds some cool character; but all in all it’s the glider and pizza spinner that make the difference. But keep in mind my play style, I’m not a competition player so I take risks and while I have flipper ball control skills, I’d rather just shoot and go, so the glider really promotes that style of play.

#11564 3 months ago
Quoted from Jblock22:

Hey! Care to elaborate on the magnetized aspect? I recently acquired turtles and have been having issues with my auto plunger not plunging all the way which i believe is from magnetization (deduced from the fact that every time i demagnetize them it works great for about 30 games or so and then starts acting up again... just ordered carbon steel balls so hopefully that solves it).
Regardless, I'm not sure how the balls being magnetized makes the game easier?

I noticed it made the balls travel ever so slightly slower on metal; ie ramps and inlane guides. Heck, sometimes I’d get a ball just stop on the in lane guide where it meets the flipper. Plus, the feed from shooter would be slower and/or too weak and drop to the right flipper. Balls definitely travel faster when they’re not magnetized.

I have no idea how magnets work cause my balls in Venom got magnetized (brand new Titan Super Shinys), and Venom has no magnets. Weird. But I definitely notice the balls travel faster on venom and TMNT with magnetism resistant balls.

#11583 3 months ago

Mine is noisy with the glass off. Not so much with it on or during gameplay with sound up.

#11599 3 months ago
Quoted from Jblock22:

Just some wd-40? will work? Is there a difference in the color of the arrows on that chart on what to/how to oil?

Don’t use WD40. There’s a great oil to use for this, spinners, pinball in general. Unfortunately, I’m not in my gameroom to snap a pic of the product. I forgot where I got it too as I bought it years ago, but it might be on pinball life’s site. Sorry not much help, but DO NOT use WD40.

Edit: found it. pretty sure this is the stuff I use for spinners and lubing: https://www.amazon.com/Supco-SUPCO-MO98-SPOUT-OILER/dp/B001UGQC2I/ref=mp_s_a_1_1

#11612 3 months ago
Quoted from Hanneslan83:

Hi Pinsiders,
I‘m an absolute newbie to my Turtles Premium pin. So any help is much appreciated. How can I make the left known „Borg“ outlane a litte bit more comfortable for draining the balls instantly?
Are thicker rubbers or bumber pads a good solution? Can i have maybe some pictures and a link where I can buy these?
I just found an old link not working...
Changing the posts does only work for me with the right outlane...
Please give me some advices.
Kind regards Hannes

One thing to try is pitching your game steeper. Bubble just above the top line around 7.0-7.2 deg

#11615 3 months ago
Quoted from Hanneslan83:

What is an easy method for me (just one person) to adjust the height of the back legs? Go under the pin, lift it up u screw the back legs down a little bit?
Hannes

Depends how much you value your back I got a hydraulic lift from harbor freight about 15 years ago and it’s been the best for leveling and moving games by myself.

IMG_0890 (resized).jpegIMG_0890 (resized).jpegIMG_1195 (resized).jpegIMG_1195 (resized).jpeg
#11619 3 months ago
Quoted from Jblock22:

Hey guys so unfortunately I have to come back here and see what's happening again and see if there's any further speculation.
I'm still having some issues with my auto plunger on Turtles "losing steam" after "X" amount of games and not plunging all the way around the upper loop and instead not having enough power and the balls falling to the "short plunge" areas. I was quite sure the issue (after previously posting here and getting peoples input) was magnetization.
Just FYI this is my only pin and it's also about 5 weeks old so it's getting quite a bit of use between my wife and self as well as friends and family coming over around the holidays/etc. Decided to get the polaris carbon steel balls as recommended as people said the auto plunge issue was for sure magnetization (I took slo-mo vids of the plunger and it seems to be hitting the ball evenly, and also seems to be fine for quite a few plunges and THEN starts messing up). Demagnetizing the balls seems to help for about 20 - 40 games and then the issue starts happening again. Generally with 1 or 2 balls and then more than half of them.
Is this machine really just THAT BAD at magnetizing balls? Am I forever going to have to pull all the balls and demagnetize them every 30 - 40 games to keep it playing clean? (the short auto plunge issue is a known problem that "breaks" the game during turtle power multiball). These are brand new polaris carbon steels and I probably got 75 - 100 games before it started doing it again. I understand it uses that pizza spinner which is a heavy magnet, and this is my first pin so i don't have a frame of reference, but pulling the balls roughly once a week to demagnetize seems like an absurd amount of maintenance for just the balls.
Am I doomed to this? Is this the norm for this machine? Is something else going on that would make it fire fine for a while and then suddenly start losing power? The machine has about 800 plays on it now (400 or so more than when I got it 5 weeks ago) so I can't imagine the plunger is losing power but I'm open to ideas at this point.
Thanks so much turtle crew

Do you have the stern factory balls still? If so, try those.

Did the new balls you bought work at first? If so, it’s not the plunger. It’s magnetism. You need to go to magnetism resistant balls. Someone advertised you on Polaris because it was their own product; I’m not going to discount their balks aren’t good for magnet games as I haven’t tried them, but TMNT is prone to easy magnetism.

Where are you located? Local to me by chance? So Cal.

With that said, I refer you to my previous post where I recommended real magnetism resistant balls.

Quoted from Eskaybee:

You really seem dedicated to have these turtles like your balls Get normal magnetism resistant balls.
Titan regular (non shiny):
https://www.titanpinball.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=57&product_id=69
Or
Marco non magnetized standard:
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/PB116-5
I’m currently using the titan standard in the link above and have had zero issues since. I just ordered the Marcos with the black Friday deal and plan to try those in a few months to see if there’s any difference.

#11622 3 months ago
Quoted from jrcmlc:

I advertised Polaris as being the best for heavy-magnet games because they are the best for heavy-magnet games, not for any other reason. Polaris balls solve issues like this all day every day and have for years. Other branded carbon balls do also. Don't imply that I pushed something JUST because I was selling it, this is a hobby and I sell them cheaper than anyone else, even the manufacturer.... Don't imply there are other motives Eskaybee. There are not.

Sorry dude, I was not trying to imply as I said in my post I’ve never tried your product. I understand the OP’s frustration, I went through it for about a week too and started making adjustments to the shooter that didn’t need to be made. I can only share my experience that the Titan (Non Super Shiny) balls worked for me. I also have Marco’s magnetism resistant balls, but have not tried them in TMNT yet.

It seems that the OP’s issue is that any new balls he tries work for X amount of games, then it stops working. That’s exactly the behavior I saw with mine. I’ve said all there is on the subject, if he doesn’t want to take my advice, that’s fine, no big deal for me, I’m just trying to help as I can relate to the frustration.

#11624 3 months ago
Quoted from jrcmlc:

Also, "real magnetism resistant balls" = Polaris.

I wonder if the OP didn’t add the Polaris ones by mistake to his cart? I don’t know, I guess I’m just assuming at this point and shouldn’t; it’s all speculative with the info we have. Otherwise, I like what was recently suggested on the coil stop.

I will reiterate one more time to the OP though; if he has the stern factory balls, give those a try and report back.

#11642 3 months ago
Quoted from Jblock22:

Don't have the factory balls. Machine came with 8 "new balls" when I bought it from the previous owner with 400 plays on it but don't know exactly what kind of balls he had in it. I did just put 8 new carbon steel balls in it a little over a week ago and just a few days ago started having the same problem with those again... probably 100 plays or so on it since putting the new balls in.
Unfortunately I'm not in So Cal

I don’t know, still sounds like the balls are the issue as that is exactly the behavior mine had and the titan standards (non super shiny) fixed the issue for me. You said you just tried 8 new carbon steel balls; which ones were those from? Got a link.

If you put brand new balls in (ie non magnetized) and the machine works fine, then that tells me it’s not a mechanical issue….unless when you power it up a day or 2 later and it suddenly works again, then that could be your coil failing.

Here’s a quick ironic weird side story; when I got my Venom, I put in Titan super shiny balls in instead of the factory ones; after all, there’s no magnets. After about 100 plays, the balls would not auto plunge all the way around (similar to my TMNT issue, and your issue). Despite that game having no magnets, I swapped them out with sterns factory balls and have not had an issue since (150+ plays later). So whether it’s magnetism or some other strange reason, after market balls do not appear to behave kindly with stern games. I had another similar issue with IMDN; super shinys caused inconsistent auto plunges, standards worked fine; and that game doesn’t have a magnet either. Maybe it’s a weight issue? I don’t know; how do magnets work (especially if there’s no magnets in the game)? Go figure.

I’m curious what new carbon steel balls you just tried were. All in all based on that info, I still stand by my earlier post in trying titan standards (non super shiny) or Marco standards. Note: I recently bought the Marco standards but have not tried them yet; I have only tried the titan standards and stern factory ones, both of which work fine.

Side note: does anyone know who supplies stern factory balls? Is it Marco? Other?

#11644 3 months ago
Quoted from jrcmlc:

It's not like Stern didn't test their games with their balls. It's not like virtually any operator changes the balls from factory before putting the game on location. (just played a tmnt yesterday, factory everything).... Sure the factory balls suck, sure Polaris or any good carbon ball is better but they aren't required. The game runs fine for a good long time on factory balls. The end.

Agreed. After all the weird anomalies I’ve had with TMNT, IMDN, Venom; I’m becoming a big believer in using factory balls. Unfortunately Jblock22 he doesn’t have that option, and balls need to be replaced eventually. Anyone know who sells sterns factory balls, if any? I want to say it’s Marco, but don’t know for sure.

#11655 3 months ago
Quoted from Jblock22:

I'm using the Polaris Carbon Steel balls provided by jrcmlc.
I also feel like they definitely shouldn't be getting magnetized this fast, but it just seems really weird that the auto plunger starts having issues getting a full plunge and then if I take the balls out of the machine, demagnetize and put them back in the auto plunger fires like a champ again for ~50 or so games. Previous thought was that maybe there's some plunger issue that's not "readily apparent" but is being magnified by ball magnetization. So even the slightest bit of magnetism (after 50 or so games) starts affecting the plunger in a major way?
I don't even know if that sounds like a feasible thing or not but I'm not really sure. It's just so weird that demagnetizing the balls seems to fix the issue (albeit for a short amount of time).

You said it yourself, problem goes away when you demagnetize the balls. Problem is, the issue comes back. I strongly believe this is your problem (and others who have recently posted), and that it is not mechanical.

I've done a little research on this and found the post below from one of the community's technical guru's, it's from 7 years ago but still holds true and answers a lot of questions.

A quick few takes from his post:

1. All balls magnetize eventually.

2. What I found most interesting in his post is that not just direct magnetics can cause magnetism; there are other magnetic fields surrounding things like coils. This makes sense why my Venom balls got magnetized; because there's a mini subway that is surrounded by diverter coils but more importantly, the fast lock system.

3. We've had mixed results in this thread on the topic of magnetism, and what I think it boils down to is Premium/LE machines vs pro. The premiums have additional magnetic fields due to the 2-way pizza spinner and the van lock system. This is probably why premium owners, such as myself, are seeing magnetism more affected than pro owners. And probably why one brand of balls works in one machine (pro), but not other (premium).

All in all, I still stand by my previous statements. Go with the Titan Standard balls; they solved the issue for me thus far on a premium machine.

Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

There is no such thing as low magnetic pinballs, unless it is a ceramic powerball or made out of a non-ferrous material.
All steel carbon balls will magnetize over time, none are impervious to these effects.
The difference in pinball manufacture are some are "chromed" and have a higher ferrous content than other pinballs.
What I mean by that they are NOT not "chrome plated", which has been tried in the past, flake over time, and are bad for machines.
Those are generally the "extra shiny" balls that are sold at a higher cost with a mirror shine.
These higher ferrous pinballs are not recommended for magnet games as they do tend to magnetize very quickly.
It is more than possible for games that do not use direct magnetics can still get magnetized based on circumstances inside the game, although it takes a long time. This is due to magnetic fields surrounding things like coils on the underside of the playfield, but it is specific to individual game design. It is not very common unless the game has subways and the balls are close to the energizing coils or kickers.
However, you will end up replacing pinballs due to scratches in those games LONG before a ball gets fully magnetized in a game that does not use magnets as a game feature.
As a follow up question that can be answered for assistance before asked, no you cannot effectively demagnetize pinballs.
The effects are short lived.
Once balls start sticking to game features, magnets and not letting go of the cores effectively, ball trough, metal rail sides of the game (such as the ToM trunk area), or to each other, it is time to replace the balls.

#11656 3 months ago
Quoted from cabal:

can you describe the audo cut outs more detailed? is it happening only in game play or in attract mode too?
When scenes are overlapping it may happen that they are not played fully. Also some scenes have strange audio and just look like they are cutting out.
When you play longer audio, like in the jukebox does the audio cut out there?
as written above factory balls will get magnetized after some time, but 40 plays does not sound very much. Not sure if they have increased the magnets in never machines. did you try out carbon balls they should not get magnetized at all.

See my post above regarding magentized balls.
As for audio - are you on the latest code? If so, then as suggested, perhaps try to re-flash the SD card. I've never done that, but I believe Stern does have directions on doing so.

2 weeks later
#11695 77 days ago
Quoted from Looprunner:

Yep, it's the premium. Guessing if it can't make the ramp, it can't reload. We can check the diverter as well. Thanks

Check your balls. May be magnetized.

1 week later
#11714 65 days ago
Quoted from briyau15:

Would anyone be able to provide insight as to what these two adjustments do?[quoted image][quoted image]

My best guess is that the battle again outlane save is toggled by the slingshots by default, ie “No”. If set to auto, maybe you can change the outlane save with the flipper buttons?

#11747 61 days ago
Quoted from JorgesArcade:

Can anyone tell me if the left orbit should occasionally stop the ball near the van and have it return in opposite direction.
Been noticing this lately and don’t remember seeing it before…
Thanks

Yes, normal behavior. There’s an up post that kicks in to divert the ball back and setup the upper flipper ramp shot. Lots of modes trigger this, but the most common is the weapon hurry up.

1 week later
#11780 53 days ago

Valhalla is awesome. Big hidden fan of that game. TMNT is quietly climbing the charts into my personal favorites, it’s a dark horse for sure. Nothing else to contribute, but love both games

#11782 52 days ago
Quoted from brzezicki:

Someone mentioned they added pinstadiums to their tmtn. I though tmnt was already bright enough but I ended up figuring what the heck let’s add some light and see what happens so I made my own custom pinstadiums using a design I modified off the hurry up pinball instructions. I like how it turned out[quoted image][quoted image]

IMG_3595.gifIMG_3595.gif
#11786 51 days ago
Quoted from Jblock22:

Sweet. Thanks.
Haven't attempted anything with optos before. Are there are diagrams or guides out there that would help me locate and figure out how to reseat them? Don't wanna mess anything up. It's pretty easy to get to from underneath or do I need to remove a lot of screws/etc?

Make sure to remove the balls before you lift the playfield up. I usually put a rag in the ball trough to prevent them falling out, but I’m not sure if the balls will hold in the van or pizza lock if any in there.

Reseating opto board connectors is relatively easy when you locate them. Opto’s are typically 2 separate boards, one with transmitting a light directly across to the other receiving the light, and when the lights line of sight is disrupted (ie ball crosses its path), the switch is registered. It was very common in older opto boards for connections to jog loose from shaking and reseating was very common practice. The newer sterns are much more reliant, but do need to be reseated from time to time. I’m at work so no pictures or other useful information besides this post.

#11817 49 days ago
Quoted from konghusker:

I know this question has been asked many times, but I’m really debating between the premium and pro. Are the issues with the premium really problematic? I’m a huge tmnt fan, it’ll be a keeper, but I’m having trouble deciding on if it’s worth another $2k+ for the premium. Thoughts.

I love using the diverter on the premium. Being able to control which flipper the ball returns to is a huge improvement flow-wise. It makes the game and progression easier, which is a good thing for such a fast & brutal layout.

#11830 48 days ago
Quoted from Kalipin:

Thinking of joining the club , premiums for $7500 seem too good to pass up. Any thoughts on Deadpool pro vs Tnmt premium as these are my finalists.

TMNT premium easily over DP pro. Premium vs premium is a much harder choice.

#11845 45 days ago
Quoted from konghusker:

Yeah, mine shifted back. Needs a shim. Weird that it keeps doing this.
Also, this is my first spike game. Are the shakers extremely violent normally or is it just mine?

What shaker did you buy? If stern, yes. Pinball life second hand shakers are the best. That said, I don’t have a shaker in my TMNT so…

#11848 45 days ago
Quoted from jrcmlc:

What's a 2nd hand shaker? Do you mean the exact same as "Stern authorized" brand new units that pbl sells?

I’m a bit buzzed but yea, pinball life’s shaker: https://www.pinballlife.com/shaker-motor-kit-rev-c-for-stern-spike-spike-2-system-games.html

#11853 45 days ago
Quoted from konghusker:

So the glider diverter. Is it supposed to re-center itself exactly between balls, and should it go all the way left or right every time I push the button? Several times in game I hit the button and it doesn’t move. Don’t know if it’s binding up or if it’s coded to only move in certain moments. Eventually it goes

There’s moments in the game where it moves to positions decided by the game mode. Only when the center button is pinkish/purple does the player have control.

1 month later
#11968 2 days ago

I never feel like it’s clumsy. I think it’ll make more sense when you have more plays and know what you’re starting and not starting. The pizza frenzy lit trumps a lot of music and side objectives from starting. The game does very well at highlighting the moments. Don’t underestimate the power of 123, weapons, April hurryups or krang combos.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
10,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Saint-eustache, QC
$ 7,000.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place
Pinball Machine
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 9.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs
Protection
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
6,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Gainesville, FL
$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations
Other
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations
Decals
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 3.49
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs
Protection
$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
$ 70.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball
Other
$ 5.00
Lighting - Backbox
Gameroom Mods
Backbox
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Space Coast Pinball
Sound/Speakers

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Eskaybee.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-club2020-cowabunga-its-pizza-time?tu=Eskaybee and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.