(Topic ID: 271489)

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Club(Stern 2020): Cowabunga! It’s Pizza Time!

By Tuxedomask23

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,060 posts
  • 829 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 minutes ago by Xdetroit
  • Topic is favorited by 335 Pinsiders

You

Topic poll

“Which model are you going to purchase”

• Pro 285 votes
    50%
  • Premium 167 votes
    29%
  • LE 120 votes
    21%

(572 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20240423-005247 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240423-005259 (resized).png
20240415_084026 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image.png
PXL_20240413_183258513.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_3649 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3648 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5713 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5712 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8262 (resized).jpeg
20240406_124621 (resized).jpg
SystemJPinball.ca_1_TMNT-MenuCard-PremLE-Mean1.1_example-3 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1141 TMNT fresh out-of-the-box Issues and Fixes FAQ Posted by Stosel (3 years ago)

Post #1580 Lights rebooting on the back of the machine - FIX Posted by HookedonPinonics (3 years ago)

Post #2172 playfirlo colour differences Posted by Phatchit (3 years ago)

Post #2390 Left Outlane Fix Posted by NoQuarters (3 years ago)

Post #2457 DIY Krang Mod Instructions Posted by ABE_FLIPS (3 years ago)

Post #4037 Glider Servo DIY replacement Posted by PinHead50 (3 years ago)

Post #4120 Link to Amazon product page for replacement servo for glider Posted by PinHead50 (3 years ago)

Post #4327 Sloppy soldering at factory causing overvoltage error - fix Posted by Blackzarak (3 years ago)

Post #4374 Replacing bad glider servo with amazon better one Posted by arcadenerd925 (3 years ago)

Post #4698 Center Ramp non-registering opto fix Posted by spidey (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Ed209.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#846 3 years ago

Is that a ramp protector for Funhouse?

#1031 3 years ago
Quoted from SpidermanDan:

#31 Came home today!!!! What a relief! I have been checking this blog constantly to feed my anticipation and I have to tell you the wait was worth it! The game is INCREDIBLE!! It is the first pinball game I have owned where when people see it and they say wow! I have already installed a piece of foam for the diverter issue, speaker light kit, cup holders and Red leg protectors (for Raphael). The game shoots so fast and has so many things going on at once which will keep both novice and advanced players busy! The only criticism so far is that fan in the back box is so loud...this is my first NIB Stern in over 6 years so I was not aware that was a thing.
Great job John, Dwight, YetiZombie and team on an amazing piece of art!
[quoted image][quoted image]

Those plastic leg protectors are garbage. I’d take them off, they can ruin decals.

4 months later
#4897 3 years ago

My Cowabunga flasher is stuck on, anyone else run into this issue? Are the spike led flash lamp boards prone to these types of failures or is this more likely a bum node board?

#4899 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

A few people had this problem - it was mentioned here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-club2020-cowabunga-its-pizza-time/page/27#post-5760311
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-club2020-cowabunga-its-pizza-time/page/28#post-5763748
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-club2020-cowabunga-its-pizza-time/page/63#post-5826168
I'd PM them first to see what it was in their case first. I think it's likely the node board 8b that the flasher is on, but one of them probably has the answer by now.
If you want to go to the trouble of swapping your Node 8 and Node 9 boards you can determine whether your node 8 is the problem (it's what powers the Cowabunga flasher). Swap the boards and change the dip switches (page 9 of the PDF for the Prem/LE) so the boards now know they're the opposite board. If your problem goes away, your node 8 is likely the issue and you can contact borygard about getting it repaired.

Super helpful, thanks. I just ordered an extra node board as a backup so I’ll swap that in when it arrives to test. Was going to order some extra flasher lamps but can’t seem to find them anywhere online. Contacted Stern to see if I can get one via them. :/

#4902 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Did you order the node 8 "master" board, or just the node sub board that the lights and flasher are on?
Also the flasher in this case is just a LED diode on a board, not a bulb, so that's why you can't find it.

I ordered the “master” board (520-7017-72).

Was looking for this flasher lamp board online with no luck unless I want to pay for international shipping...

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/520-7000-00

Those flasher boards are so simple I doubt that would be the problem. I also don’t see anywhere that the wire is crimped or damaged and would be causing a short. My guess is you’re correct and the node board is the issue.

#4914 3 years ago

Got a quick response from Stern on the stuck on Cowabunga flasher. Sounds like this problem is tied to a faulty node 8b board. They’re sending a replacement.

#4923 3 years ago
Quoted from JackOfPots:

I could never get confirmation this was an issue. I have a Premium and the right side of Cowabunga is always dimly lit. It lights up brighter just fine. But, for instance, on booting the game the right side is dimly lit at all times while no other lights are on. Is this what's happening to you?

Exactly my problem.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Twisted Tokens

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 3.49
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 16.00
$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 7,000.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 7,999.00
$ 22.00
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 23.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Ed209.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-club2020-cowabunga-its-pizza-time?tu=Ed209 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.