(Topic ID: 271489)

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Club(Stern 2020): Cowabunga! It’s Pizza Time!

By Tuxedomask23

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,057 posts
  • 829 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 19 hours ago by arcadem
  • Topic is favorited by 335 Pinsiders

You

Topic poll

“Which model are you going to purchase”

• Pro 285 votes
    50%
  • Premium 167 votes
    29%
  • LE 120 votes
    21%

(572 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20240423-005247 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240423-005259 (resized).png
20240415_084026 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image.png
PXL_20240413_183258513.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_3649 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3648 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5713 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5712 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8262 (resized).jpeg
20240406_124621 (resized).jpg
SystemJPinball.ca_1_TMNT-MenuCard-PremLE-Mean1.1_example-3 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1141 TMNT fresh out-of-the-box Issues and Fixes FAQ Posted by Stosel (3 years ago)

Post #1580 Lights rebooting on the back of the machine - FIX Posted by HookedonPinonics (3 years ago)

Post #2172 playfirlo colour differences Posted by Phatchit (3 years ago)

Post #2390 Left Outlane Fix Posted by NoQuarters (3 years ago)

Post #2457 DIY Krang Mod Instructions Posted by ABE_FLIPS (3 years ago)

Post #4037 Glider Servo DIY replacement Posted by PinHead50 (3 years ago)

Post #4120 Link to Amazon product page for replacement servo for glider Posted by PinHead50 (3 years ago)

Post #4327 Sloppy soldering at factory causing overvoltage error - fix Posted by Blackzarak (3 years ago)

Post #4374 Replacing bad glider servo with amazon better one Posted by arcadenerd925 (3 years ago)

Post #4698 Center Ramp non-registering opto fix Posted by spidey (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DugFreez.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#568 3 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

Speaker panel, coin door, shooter all done to match the LE finish. Also installed dougs speakerlightkits.com have it cycling all the turtle colors
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

So the speaker surrounds ARE plastic (which allows light to shine through them) and not metal like the manual says........nice.

1 month later
#2384 3 years ago
Quoted from mahony:

I'm guessing the hole under the start button is for a tournament button? If this is the case any suggestions on an actual button? I would want a round one to match the start button. I looked around and could only find square shaped ones.

You have a couple of different tourney button options. There is the official Stern offering. As you said, it is square and even more off putting is how bulky it is and the way it protrudes out from the cabinet. It's obvious that it was not made for the current cabinets and I'm still hoping they will redesign them to look right on the current cabinet type.

The other option is an aftermarket button sold by someone here on pinside. It is round and looks much more fitting with the current cabinet type. The issue with it is...it doesn't fit and requires that you bore out the tourney button hole in your cabinet to make it fit. It seems a bit pricey too....but what really put me off was the idea of having to bore out the tournet button hole and therefore taking away any chance of going back to the plug or even one of the other aftermarket things you can normally install in that tourney button hole.

So I'm waiting for a more (visually) fitting Stern button or more (physically) fitting aftermarket button.

1 week later
#2857 3 years ago
Quoted from acons017:

So awesome! Can you link me to the LE speakers, speaker lights and lighted flipper buttons?

Quoted from kh39540:

acons017 If you get this info, make sure I get too please. There is so much on this thread that I miss alot and I am interested in these.
Thanks.

The part number on the speakers Stern has been using in the LE games is KFC-1366s . I have bought them from Amazon and eBay myself, but it looks like Amazon's stock has dried up on them. I still see some listed on eBay:

ebay.com link: Kenwood KFC 1366S 5 1 4 2 way Speakers

and other places like Parts Express and Crutchfirld also have them in the $40 area.

As for the 5.25" speaker plates and Deluxe 5.25" Speaker Light Kits....I have them available here:

http://www.speakerlightkits.com/5.25-SPIKE-2-Speaker-Plates.html

Doug (SpeakerLightKits.com)

#2956 3 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

Putting any powered mods aside from factory stuff on these newer spike games is a gamble at best. Your playing Russian roulette. 9 out of 10 mods might be fine but it only takes that one dodgy mod and you can fry a node board or cause an intermittent current issue... if your lucky.
I personally don't go near the overpriced crap but hey it's your game...

Any examples of this happening? The only powered mod I have heard causing any issues on SPIKE games were some early shaker motors. Those issues were quickly detected and corrected.

With the 10% risk guesstimate that you have given....there must be 100s of examples to point to.

#2977 3 years ago
Quoted from SpidermanDan:

The only mod I have is the speaker kit mod; could that be causing it? How would I fix a node over current reset? Thanks so much

The place where your light kit gets it's power is right after the power switch (the bill validator power connection). The light kit is not getting it's power from the power supply, power distribution board, the main board or any of the node boards.

Feel free to unhook it and see if it changes anything. Unplugging the power cable from it's power supply should be all that is needed to do that.

#3068 3 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

Fantastic to hear you are enjoying it. I get mine in about 2 weeks can't wait. The pizza multiball does look great but it is identical start as xmen so it doesn't really have that never been done before factor but its still awesome.

....and Twister, and Lost in Space. It's a Borg thing and a really nice multiball start.

#3074 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Have his other discs had the ability to spin both ways? If not, that’s new here. Agree it’s an awesome way to start MB.

I'm not sure, but I'm expecting the Premium and LE TMNT are the only ones with the 2 direction spinning magnet disc (of TMNT, X-Men, Lost in Space and Twister).

#3075 3 years ago

EDIT: Still no delete on Pinside???

#3084 3 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

at the bottom of your post, the trash icon.

I'm pretty sure that just makes it so YOU can't see it. It's still there for everyone else. For example...I can still see your blank post that is 3 above this.

I guess the drain is helpful for people that are easily triggered by seeing things they don't like, but not really helpful if you accidentally click to QUOTE one of your comments when you actually meant to EDIT it or some other reason you may have for deleting something you posted.

Maybe it's good that you can't completely get rid of a post. For at least an acknowledgment that something was originally there, even if it was later edited away.

#3093 3 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Fuck! Can you still see this post?

Yes...I can still see it and quote it in a follow up.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
Machine - For Sale
Waxhaw, NC
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Terre Haute, IN
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 22.00
$ 16.00
$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 18.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

6,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Gainesville, FL
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Twisted Tokens

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 7,999.00
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 7,000.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DugFreez.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-club2020-cowabunga-its-pizza-time?tu=DugFreez and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.