(Topic ID: 271489)

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Club(Stern 2020): Cowabunga! It’s Pizza Time!

By Tuxedomask23

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,044 posts
  • 828 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 47 hours ago by Afty86
  • Topic is favorited by 335 Pinsiders

You

Topic poll

“Which model are you going to purchase”

• Pro 285 votes
    50%
  • Premium 166 votes
    29%
  • LE 120 votes
    21%

(571 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240415_084026 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image.png
PXL_20240413_183258513.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_3649 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3648 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5713 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5712 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8262 (resized).jpeg
20240406_124621 (resized).jpg
SystemJPinball.ca_1_TMNT-MenuCard-PremLE-Mean1.1_example-3 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1141 TMNT fresh out-of-the-box Issues and Fixes FAQ Posted by Stosel (3 years ago)

Post #1580 Lights rebooting on the back of the machine - FIX Posted by HookedonPinonics (3 years ago)

Post #2172 playfirlo colour differences Posted by Phatchit (3 years ago)

Post #2390 Left Outlane Fix Posted by NoQuarters (3 years ago)

Post #2457 DIY Krang Mod Instructions Posted by ABE_FLIPS (3 years ago)

Post #4037 Glider Servo DIY replacement Posted by PinHead50 (3 years ago)

Post #4120 Link to Amazon product page for replacement servo for glider Posted by PinHead50 (3 years ago)

Post #4327 Sloppy soldering at factory causing overvoltage error - fix Posted by Blackzarak (3 years ago)

Post #4374 Replacing bad glider servo with amazon better one Posted by arcadenerd925 (3 years ago)

Post #4698 Center Ramp non-registering opto fix Posted by spidey (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DaddyManD.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3713 3 years ago

Just got my Pro yesterday and we LOVE it! One major problem that happened twice already. The balls lock behind the van and the white post pulses too fast and won't allow the balls to drop down through. The machine then displays MALFUNCTION. Shut off machine and back on and the ball search goes on but same problem. Have to manually push down the white post with my finger to release the balls. ANyone else have this issue? I contacted Stern and distributor. Saw someone on YouTube with same problem.

#3714 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Since the code update on our LE, during Turtle van multiball, machine goes into ball search as it loads 4 balls into the van nstead of 3. We have to wait for the ball searches to finish and release all the balls out of the van for the game to continue
Anyone else have this issue since the update?

On our Pro we are also having ball lock issues behind the van although this was with V1.21. new code does not appear to address this though.

#3716 3 years ago
Quoted from remf:

I have the same issue that happens from time to time as well. Never had it shut down though.
Would be interested to know how to fix it.

Some theories on the Stern pinballs being highly magnetized potentially causing the issue. Will let the group know what Stern says though.

#3835 3 years ago
Quoted from BiggieJoe:

When it doesn’t lock it’s as if nothing happened. Not counted, no points for hitting the parlor, no episode start of lit. it makes it past the gate and just comes down the left orbit like nothing happened.
When it does count a lock it only counts one. I’ve never had it count one as 2

Once every 3-4 games when I lock ball 1 in pizza parlor, it shows lock animation, and then the game acts as if I drained a ball. It only happens on ball 1 and also seems more prominent if I stop to watch the animations. Anyone else? This is a Pro on v 1.22. Love this game so far!

#3853 3 years ago
Quoted from cabal:

Do you play multiplayer games? or just Single player.
With single player 1st lock should shoot a new ball.
Do you hear anything after the animations? That balls are tried to be loaded? Coils activated?

No sounds or animations after ball 1 lock on single player. Then drain animation. Only happens once in awhile but annoying! Will do a switch/coil test. Thanks!

#3958 3 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

Stern should be embarrassed to have that mental piece for a diverter on the pro. Someone should come up with a decal or mod for it.
[quoted image]

Mezel mods has an awesome glider. I installed it on my Pro. Must have as are the mutagen jars!

3 weeks later
#4267 3 years ago

Who is running the 1987 version and is it fun, better, different, must-have etc? Keen to hear everyone's thoughts before making this change. Thanks!

#4335 3 years ago
Quoted from Blackzarak:

I was getting a error message GI over-surge on board 9 here’s a pic of what was my issue Incase someone comes across the same problem I had to check every GI to shake out the problem. Not actual picture hope it helps.[quoted image]

So far LOVING our NIB TMNT Pro. However, I have already had to solder twice with 2 technician alerts. Have had DP and GOTG for 2 years and never a single soldering issue. The TMNT Pro I have clearly had a novice solderer or was just a quick job. Some really poor connection points overall. The game is otherwise great but I am a little disappointed with the quality. I should not have to solder a NIB machine twice in the first week.

#4336 3 years ago

Each Turtle gets their own Titan post rubber in our machine!
Mezel mods glider and mutagen canister are a must!
Also switched to Titan balls and no magnetic ball/lock issues so far.

TMNT-1 (resized).jpgTMNT-1 (resized).jpg

TMNT-3 (resized).jpgTMNT-3 (resized).jpg
#4421 3 years ago
Quoted from billrz:

So true, owning gb and tmnt and playing them a lot, I’ve gotten top 3 in the last 4 tournaments (18-25 people in each) a lot of really good players in these. Tmnt makes other games seem slow and easy GB makes flipper gaps in other games almost irrelevant! lol win win. Good home games to have. Once you find the shots and get a hold of them, both machines are epic ! GC on GB is 6.8b. Turtles is 66m. Super fun games when ya get that that deep

Are you playing virtual tourneys? Wondering because me and my boys would be interested. We have DP, GOTG and TMNT in home and love playing but we only have each other to compete with!

#4427 3 years ago
Quoted from billrz:

No. Regular bar tournaments, were fortunate in Vancouver Canada to be allowed these to happen for so long now during this pandemic. its been like 4 months we’ve been back at it, just no wppr points. Lottsa free beer tho for top 3 . We do single payer games,take pic of score, sanitize the machine, sit down between games (this doesn’t work the best,but we try) and play on ! I might be interested in these virtual tourneys, I can’t see it being super fun tho? Maybe it is,let me know how to do it!
[quoted image][quoted image]
[quoted image]

That's awesome! Thanks for sharing the pics and leader board! I have only read about virtual tourneys and agree they sound less fun and not sure how they could possibly be fair as folks have different set ups. Still, living in the US I don't expect live tourneys anytime soon ):
And they won't let me drive across the border to CA...LOL

#4429 3 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Huge difference. Dwight’s last update is centred around shaker enhancements. Pizza multiball, 123 foot and weapon skills. Do it.

I am a newbie to shaker motors. DO I order Stern or Pinball Life's? Easy to install? Looks like it's worth it on the TMNT Pro from what I am reading here!

#4480 3 years ago
Quoted from Xaqery:

1 - This is true. It should be soonish(tm). But, please remember that plans often change, for lots of reasons.
2 - We found an issue in the software. If your game has a lost ball the van may count the balls wrong.
I think if you have seen this issue its possible that your van opto is intermittent. It may work in test but maybe not while the van diverter is energized because it moves or something. This part I don't know. The code coming soonish(tm) should help with these issues.
3 - I strongly believe that V1.22 did not affect #2. It was in there the whole time. I think it took time/plays for the opto to move a bit or something.
4 - I cant believe that you guys do not think this game should be top 10!? : ---- )

This should be GAME OF THE YEAR! And top 5. The code is phenomenal. My boys and I have enjoyed hours and hours of playing single player, teams and co-op and it does not get old. Sometimes we go for score, sometimes modes, sometimes to level up turtles, sometimes to collect all of the other hurry ups etc. Just want to commend the team on an outstanding game!

#4506 3 years ago

Love the new code, Thanks Xaqery
Installed a new shaker motor. It is perfect except when Pizza Multiball starts it goes nuts and rattles the entire machine. I have screwed in the threaded rod as tight as it can go without warping the shaker motor. I switched shaker motors from another machine so its not the motor. Lowered to minimal use...anyone having this issue during Pizza Multiball?

#4512 3 years ago
Quoted from PinHead50:

That’s the stern motor. Pinball life doesn’t have the offset option.

Yes I have a Pinball Life shaker and it doesn't have a 90 degree divot to move the weights. Any other ideas? Grinding a new divot seems ridiculous. Might it be the code is running the motor too fast? Everything else is perfect except Pizza Multiball and it is just far too much.

#4513 3 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Here is how I toned down my shaker motor, because merely setting to minimal use, does not tone down the shaker motor, it just makes it so it is not used as much in the game software:
Solved the issue and can again enjoy the shaker motor without fear of my motor ruining the game elsewhere.
Removed it from the cabinet: remove two top case screws. Then remove four bolts holding unit to table cabinet base.
Also tried using an Allen wrench, only to strip it. Attempted torque wrench and broke head. Wishing I hadn’t started this project, lol. Used Vise Grip Pliers to finally loosen 1/32nd screw nub. Destroyed screw nib getting it off. Purchased new screw and put it in the 90 degree angle hole to retighten. 90 degrees position offset it to the other side weight. Putting only a drop of lock tight on the screw before inserting.
Real issue with original screw is that it had tons of lock tight, so it was not coming off without brute force. Had to finally clamp screw nib into bench vice and then used a screw driver inserted through weight hole to turn entire weight till it came off all the way.
Now at 90 degree offset position to opposite side weight, it works perfectly as a shaker motor and doesn’t shake the table glass any longer, but keeps the fun effect of the shaker motor. I left the other side untouched. You could move it 90 degrees also, but then they’d be 180 degrees opposite of each other and diminish shaker effect too much.
I’ve included photos below to see exactly how I positioned weights and where screws were placed. Have fun adjusting! It would have been a simple process without the heavy dose of lock tight. It is worth the effort as now shaker motor adds to the experience instead of being too violent.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks for this and I may have read your advise in another post too (super helpful)! I loosened the allen screws only to find only 1 divot point ont he Pinball life axles so there is no way to adjust the weights without grinding in a new divot which seems crazy. Seems like a few other folks int his thread having issues with the shaker at start of Pizza Multiball.

#4520 3 years ago

Thanks, all! Glad it's not my shaker or machine. Xaqery since you are so great at responding to the customers and lovers of your game...hoping you can adjust this feature in next update...tone down shaker motor feature at start of Ninja Pizza Multiball. It is perfect everywhere else in the game but seems like a problem for most of us.
Also, my son made it to Neutrino's Party last night...cool new mode and great incentive to go for Training! Thanks for all of your efforts!

#4521 3 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Just tighten the set screw and it will probably hold. I've done that before with a red tremor.
Rob

Thanks, Rob. Tried this. Also contacted PBL and my local pin guru...they both think its the programming/code of that feature, which makes sense since I swapped the motors fromt he other 2 machines and same problem. Only during Ninja Pizza Multiball start.

#4526 3 years ago
Quoted from azur3:

Actually, me and my family like it

Glad it's working out for you and yours. Perhaps if Ninja Pizza MB shaker could be disabled at moderate use setting then we can all choose what we like

#4528 3 years ago
Quoted from billrz:

I’ve had to turn my shaker off because of pizza multiball. It’s way too intense, I might try to offset the weights, but would be a much easier fix for all of us if it could just be toned down a little bit . Thanks. All other shaker features are great !!

Quoted from billrz:

I’ve had to turn my shaker off because of pizza multiball. It’s way too intense, I might try to offset the weights, but would be a much easier fix for all of us if it could just be toned down a little bit . Thanks. All other shaker features are great !!

Agree! Or maybe just allow it to be disabled on Ninja Pizza MB with "moderate" shaker setting.

#4532 3 years ago
Quoted from PinHead50:

Yes. Those motors just rely on 12v to run, there is no settings on the motor to adjust speed. They adjustment would have to be made to the duration of 12v power supplied to the motor. Once the motor has power for so many seconds it is at full speed which means max shaker usage. Would be a change of letting the motor slow down a bit for the final max spin and then hold it for a few less seconds. I would imagine it would be a some what simple adjustment on the programming if they choose. I had to replace my stern motor with a PBL due to the fact it didn't have the rod going through it to tighten up.. I got an email from stern after sending them video of the stern shaker in my machine. They said it was a defective motor and after talking to Marco where i got it from they followed up and said that the sterns should have the bolt but dont for some reason. If you look at the stock image on sterns website it shows a different style motor than what is shipped, it has the support bolt. https://shop.sternpinball.com/collections/accessories/products/stern-shaker-motor-kit-for-spike-system-games
This is what is sent https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/502-5027-01
This was mine on 1.21 with stern shaker

Thanks for sharing. Yes that is exactly the sound mine makes at start of Ninja Pizza MB. It's not pleasant. I have a PBL shaker which does have a support rod which I tightened as far as it could go without warping the frame. It is not a defective shaker because my other 2 shakers which work perfectly in other stern machines also elicit the same sound when I move them into the TMNT game. So it seems to be a programming/code thing. Hoping Dwight will help us out and either tone it down or make it something that can be disabled with moderate use.

#4572 3 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

Anyone had a chance to check out Neutrino Pizza Party? I think I jumped from like 31Mil to 81Mil from that mode. Definitely seems like it's gonna need some polish and tweaking, I didn't see a mode score total screen at the end or anything. Glad Dwight snuck it into this update though. So glad its there, it really adds to the value of training/levelling up. It's also kind of cool to have a high value single ball mode type thing, lots of risk/reward especially on a game that is so brutal.
I wonder if Team Up MB would work with a single ball component when you drain down to a 1 ball. Then give you a timer to rescue your Team Up partner at YOUR turtle shot in order to add-a-ball and continue the mode. Or even just a timed grace period to shoot enough shots and then rescue your next turtle to add-a-ball and continue the mode.

Agree would love to see that feature in Team Up where you can continue in with 1 ball. It's really tough otherwise (for the kids of course

#4670 3 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Anybody else having trouble with the lair post coming up to soon and trapping the ball under the plastic?

only had this happen once or twice but both occasions there were 2 balls int he Lair during a multiball. I had an issue with the Stern factory balls becoming magentized and getting caught up in Pizza Parlor and those 2 times in Lair. Switched to Titan balls. Sounds like you may have a different issue though.

#4671 3 years ago
Quoted from RikeIsland:

I need some help. I am about to do a Titan rubber swap and I can’t decide what colors I want to go with. I am also not sure if I should get the low bounce flipper rubber or their standard. Any ideas would be appreciated.

I gave each turtle a Titan! Did green flippers and did not go low bounce and all is well.

TMNT-3 (resized).jpgTMNT-3 (resized).jpg
#4758 3 years ago

Suggestion for next code update: Experienced an issue with new Neutrinos mode interacting with 123 foot last night. Lit the new Neutrinos mode and hit both Dimension X targets, Raph shot was lit to start mode. Then 123 foot was activated. Neutrinos mode timer kept going and timed me out while stuck in 123 foot. Would be ideal if either 123 foot were disabled once Neutrinos mode activated, or that Neutrinos shot at Raph ramp stays lit even if 123 foot does activate. Thanks!

#4870 3 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Yes but set it to minimum. Also it feels like 1.23 code took just a touch off the beginning of pizza mball that i dont mind it anymore.

Agree the shaker is great and integrated well. I was one of those who felt (and continues to feel) that the Ninja Pizza shaker is out of control and hoping it will either be toned down in next code or easy to disable with moderate use shaker setting. Code 1.23 vs prior code did not list any shaker changes that I saw, and I personally still find it too much so have completely shut off my shaker hoping for a code fix.

#4871 3 years ago
Quoted from smokinhos:

And yes.. thats baby groot.. his pinball game is right beside TMNT.. still adding mods to that one. Trough lights and ramps illumination on order. Don't plan anything else for it.
[quoted image]

I added the Ronan's Hammer from Mezel Mods and also bought official Stern Groot arms from distributor (although available on Marco website). After 2 years enjoying GOTG is really spiced up the game and we love it again!

#4912 3 years ago
Quoted from DarthSinex:

Have a strange problem where the 2 lower slingshots have stopped responding. No life in the switch test, but as far as I can see all other switches and lamps working fine. Even the 2 rollover switches in the lanes adjacent are working. Any ideas?

One of my slingshots (not both) stopped working and it was a loose soldering connection under the playfield. I did have a tech alert so if you don't have this it might be different issue. But worth taking a look for loose connections.

#4928 3 years ago

We finally saved all turtles in Team-Up Multiball last night (after hundreds of attempts...it's super challenging!). It felt good to activate Pizza Party! My son was so excited that he got in and then was out in about 2 seconds! But was disappointed that there was no ball save and not a multiball. Would be more of a "party" if you had a little safety net! Just another friendly suggestion for Xaqery

#4960 3 years ago
Quoted from Boblabla:

Just received my nib tmnt pro , and game isnt working properly. Game freezes after shooting ball lock under van. Do i need to remove the van to fix this? Haven’t played more than 2 games without it freezing on me.

Have you updated code? Sounds like an issue to discuss with distributor. I had 3-4 freezes, all during Turtle Power MB, but that is within hundreds of plays.

1 week later
#5031 3 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

I wouldn't mind it being slightly easier, but I do like it too. For some reason I can't find it consistently on my machine, but it feels really good to nail it. I am surprised how much harder it is than the Away Team shot on Star Trek being the same concept. And knock on wood, my machine hasn't Borged me yet from that shot (shouldn't have said that out loud!).

I used to always backhand but found that it can be hit consistently from right flipper if you also release the left flipper just as the ball nears the lair to trap it in the lair. If you leave the left flipper up it will almost always bounce out coming from right flipper.

#5043 3 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Mine doesn’t bounce out since I put superbands on. I don’t have to release left flipper when aiming from right. Can hit it from left or right flipper. A tricky shot to be sure.

ooohh...sounds great! What are superbands???

#5044 3 years ago
Quoted from KLR2014:

Last night we got the black background on the screen and the ball lock below the van did not release the ball.
I thought this was fixed in code 1.1 ? I run the latest version. Anyone else seen this happening at the latest code ?

I have this happen still. Probably every 50 or 100 plays but always during Turtle Power MB. Has happened 4-5 times total since I got my Pro in Sep. So far just annoying and usually during a good game ):

#5055 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballsteph:

Something similar just happened to me as well (pro 1.23 - code from factory build date nov 6), during multiball, game froze on jackpot screen (a ball was in the lair) and 4 other balls flying around, and all playfield lights went out. Then about 30 seconds later, the game rebooted on its own.
I have about 50 -75 games on it total.
hope this gets fixed...

Yes exactly the same issue. Hoping for a fix too in next code.

#5056 3 years ago
Quoted from BaxterStockman:

I TOLD YOU I WOULD GET ONE!!! (Maybe I lied about staying away from this thread.)
Picked mine up this weekend from the original owner. Playfield is perfect! No pooling either.
Looks like I will need to oil up the spinner as I can hear a grinding noise on the spinner.
Also when the multiball starts the shaker (I'm assuming) is really, really noisy. Might have to look into adjusting that. My 3 year old daughter loves the art and the video screen animations. But she tells me it's "too noisy" and plugs her ears when the shaker really starts going off when the multiball starts. I don't know if i need to change the weights or what. Just really loud.
This is my first pin and I am beyond pumped to really start getting into it. Thing is kicking my A$$, but it is soooo fun.

Several of us have relayed to Stern that the shaker effect at start of Ninja Pizza Multiball is too severe. Hoping they tone it down in next update or give option to only shut that in a "moderate us" setting. A few folks say they enjoy it, but we have shut our shaker off completely until a fix comes.

#5060 3 years ago
Quoted from Taygeta:

Was wondering if I had a cabinet issue. Installed the same shaker motor in AIQ and its fine, I can hear game audio over the shaker and it isnt too much. My TMNT cabinet sounds like its about to fall apart with the exact same motor.

Yeah I actually switched motors from my DP and GOTG which work fine thinking I had a shaker motor problem. It isn't a motor problem but a coding thing. All is fine really until Ninja Multiball!!!

#5063 3 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

I actually really like the start of ninja multiball. Hope it’s fixed with an option. Would hate to have it removed altogether.

Yes I know you and a few others liked it so hopefully they just have an option for users to tone it down or take it out with moderate or min use.

#5084 3 years ago
Quoted from plasticbugs:

You definitely are not. I think I saw at least two recent posts in this thread with this exact same issue.

Yes me and at least another person have same issue. Always during Turtle Power MB. Happens every 50 or so games (or 25 or 100 who the heck knows!). But have had it happen about 5 times in 3 months.

#5085 3 years ago
Quoted from Blackzarak:

Apparently the people who complain about the shaker being to rough haven’t played Ghostbusters the shaker is 2x what turtles shakes it literally shakes your body lol. I personally like the shake effect and n turtles it’s not even bad what’s the point of having a shaker if you want minimum effect. Dwights likes having his games have good shaker effects which I like.

I LOVE shake effects...this effect at Pizza MB start is shaking along with a super loud grinding sound like the machine is being chewed up. Was thinking it was the motor but its not. Anyways, to each their own. An option to disable or tone down would be nice so all can enjoy it how they like.

#5089 3 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

There might be something weird with your shaker. Mine is a great effect and not obnoxiously strong at all. I've had many machines that were much stronger, Deadpool for one, and Star Trek. I would make sure the shaker is screwed down tight, check that there isn't a loose t-nut, etc. I would call the shaker effect average to most other games. I am using a Pinball Life shaker for reference, but I have had official Stern ones before and find them very similar. Do you possibly have a Cointaker Red Tremor? Those are insanely obnoxious, but that isn't the game's fault.
Also if your spinner is making that much noise, you should take it out and oil it. Some noise is normal, but "super loud grinding sound" is not normal. Try a drop of 3-in-1 oil. If you look through this thread there is a pic from Stern that shows where/how to oil properly.

Thanks. Interesting phenomenon as some having exact issue I am. Its a Pinball Life shaker. Its not the shaker though, I swapped out 2 other shakers from DP and GOTG that work fine in those games, and its the same issue only at NP multiball with those. Its all bolted down and tightened the head screw. Anyways, it's off until changes come...if not, it's still the favorite game in my collection without the shaker!

#5135 3 years ago
Quoted from FNwoz:

Decided to try the 1989 version of Krang. Bought a cheap one off eBay and put a smd fire bulb I had lying around from Comet. I think it matches really well. Almost tempted to not light it up.[quoted image]

Awesome! How did you wire it? Can you provide more details...love it!

#5165 3 years ago
Quoted from Vermont:

Has anyone had an issue with some of the small stickers coming loose after a very small number of plays? I've had my pin for a week now, and noticed today that both one of the small Dimension X stickers by the left raft, and the same small sized pizza sticker from near the van, have both come off. One landed on the playfield and one managed to get launched up onto the van.
It seems strange that two stickers would both have come loose already.
That being said, should I just use regular glue to reattach, or is there a better method?

Have not had this issue. Yeah they should replace them for you.

#5180 3 years ago
Quoted from Lobo2k:

You are right. It's impossible. Always bounces out.

you need to release the left flipper down to lock the ball int eh lair...stops it from bouncing out. This is one of my favorite shots once dialed in!

#5193 3 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

My average TeamUp MB score is probably like 4M. haha. It would be nice if you could resurrect TeamUp when you drain down to 1 ball by shooting your Turtle's shot with a timer of like 10 seconds or something. Maybe even only if you haven't rescued anyone else yet.

Agree! That said I do like that TeamUp is a tough challenge. After hundreds of games I finally beat TeamUp (mostly due to having beat I want a body, night of the mousers which gives perks to help!). However as I had posted awhile back, the moment I entered Pizza Party I drained and it was gone. No ball save and its not a multiball. Would be nice if getting through TeamUp rewarded you with at least a brief ball save. Neutrinos is similarly very difficult to get to and then quite unforgiving once in.

#5213 3 years ago
Quoted from Phantasize:

Hi guys. Just joined the club with a Premium. Really like the game so far.
But on my third game, i got s ball hang-up. Have anybody else experienced this? Seems like something that would happen often, as the top of the screw keeps the ball from rolling back on the playfield.
Only way to get the ball out was to remove the glas.
[quoted image]

Never had this happen. Is the game totally level?

#5231 3 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I am a bit disappointed that Stern hasn't addressed 2 possible problems with the right and center ramps. Both ramps really need plastic guards, but in different places and different reasons:
- The ball can absolutely NAIL the right ramp sign on a hard shot. Sooner or later the ramp will probably break where the sign is mounted.
- The center ramp misses counting fast shots.
Maybe Stern doesn't know about the issues, but I see both happening on my LE all the time. Surely others must as well?
Rob

I slightly adjusted and tightened the opto on the Donny shot and I'd say it hits 95% of the time now (been good for 2 months now after having this issue). Others have posted ramp guards and I think mezel mods has one now.

#5257 3 years ago

Xaqery thank you for hearing our requests and addressing them all! This is why I am all in on the next Dwight and friends coded game! Really, really appreciate the tweaks (to shaker, pizza party ball save, etc) and the new mode is just unexpected and such a great new challenge. Thanks for your hard work and passion!

#5261 3 years ago
Quoted from CypherPinball:

I'm seeing the same thing. On a pro. Seems as though after playing half shell challenge, the gi has this behavior. As mentioned in the previous post, Power cycling seems to resolve.

All you have to do after the pizza party light show is hold left flipper and start button until it resets. You don't need to power cycle.

#5262 3 years ago

Halfshell challenge is our favorite! Today is the boys last day of virtual school. When they woke up, code update was loaded and we played a few rounds before school. So excited and an awesome way to start the holidays! Thanks to Dwight and the team! Happy holidays all!

halfshell (resized).jpghalfshell (resized).jpg
#5292 3 years ago

Reporting a new glitch with code 1.4 and 1.41 on my Pro. When starting Final Battle mode, Shredder and Krang voice lines are missing. In phase 2 Shredder also seems missing but sometimes that happened on older code so not sure if this part is new too. Thanks.

#5317 3 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

Also, after Final Battle, the last mode you played is already completed. (This one isnt new, but might as well get fixed.)

Yeah this morning it happened doing Final Battle Challenge from start menu and then again tonight when we actually got to Final Battle in one player. All of the phase 1 voice lines missing and some in phase 2. I am sure Xaqery will address next time around!

#5325 3 years ago
Quoted from billrz:

What’s everyone’s quickest time in half shell so far ??? Took a lot of tries ! But finally got under 100 !!
[quoted image]

That is amazing! Our family record is 119...played dozens of times already, so great!

#5339 3 years ago
Quoted from Russell:

Just plug it in, or have to load up some software onto it first?

A few of us have experienced this. Every 100 games or so I'd say and always during Turtle Power MB. Haven't tried new SD card as it hasn't been too muc of an issue and figure it's a code update fix thing.

#5341 3 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

I owned a Star Wars LE for quite a while and I'll tell you this, TMNT absolutely blows it away in almost every regard. It's that good of a game. We've put on a ton of plays in the last few days and it's so good.
It's easily Dwight's best coding since GoT, and one of Borgs best layouts since TWD (my opinion).
Even if you're a Star Wars fan, I just don't see it being very comparable to TMNT. Both are great in their own ways, but if I had to choose just one, TMNT hands down
I only have one complaint with the pin though. And that's the Lair/training shot. Almost impossible to hit with the right flipper, backhanding isnt much fun, because you can't do it during a multiball and it's a Super Jackpot. It's just too much risk for little reward. But that's my only gripe..I feel it could have been improved on in some way. But that's nothing compared to how great the overall game is though.

Agree on all fronts! Regarding Lair shot...Lair is totally hittable from right flipper...you have to release the left flipper when the ball is just about there to lock it in the Lair. I actually hit it more often from right flipper now as do my boys.

#5352 3 years ago
Quoted from Nevus:

Putting in my turtle mods today. Any suggestion for the pink Mezel radioactive container placement on a Pro?

Did mine on the right side flasher...it flashes when hitting the spinner so really cool effect.

#5353 3 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Got my Krang (a great Christmas present from my wife and daughter!), so did a little rearranging and put him in. Love it! [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Sweet! Got my Technodrome Mezel mod. Love it! As someone previously posted the very last step of sliding it down onto the 2 posts was tough. I wound up lightly and gently drilling the holes in the mod a bit wider and it fit right on smoothly.
Love this!

techno (resized).jpgtechno (resized).jpg
#5354 3 years ago

Regarding shaker motor updates with new code 1.41:
First, THANK YOU to Dwight and the team for attempting to address the issue that some of us were having and the request for moderate and minimal use settings.
That said, at start of Ninja Pizza MB there does not seem to be a difference in shaker motor intensity (at least for me) at the lower settings. I read someone's prior post advice about adjusting one of the shaker weights 90 degrees. Since the PBL weights don't have divot points to do this like the Stern shakers do, I drilled a small divot hole at 90 degrees and made the adjustment. With the newly adjusted weight, the shaker now works fantastic on maximal use setting and I really like and enjoy the effects at start of the MB. Perhaps the shaker motors have some variation in power/strength (old vs new motors, pinball life vs Stern etc) because a few owners had the same issue I had, while others loved the shaker as it was. At any rate, the shaker saga is over for me and I am again grateful that there was an attempt to fix. Perhaps it has been resolved for others just with the new code.
Also, LOVE the new code and addicted to Half Shell challenge...really trying to get under 100 seconds!

#5380 3 years ago
Quoted from cabal:

i know it's christmas time and not easter,
found the flipper code for marc silk:
1 9 7
so the squence in attract mode: B LR LLLLLLLLLR LLLLLLLRR
B=both
L=Left Flipper
R=right Flipper

So cool it worked! Thank you for posting! How did you find this? Imagine there's more (ala Munsters?)

#5382 3 years ago
Quoted from cabal:

i don't think there is more.
I did some comparing and some brute force (every combination).
There are some more working on a lot of dwight programmed machines (like munstes):
Dead Flip = 4 5 1
Credits = 1 2 3
Team Picture = 4 4 6
Hello World = 3 3 3
Serial Number = 8 4 7
Xaquery = 7 1 4
But i don't think there is more secret stuff hidden like secret mania, but we have the half shell mode without big fuzz

So cool! Maybe more in future code updates too . yes we TMNT fans have high expectations but are also ardent followers of Dwight!
Thanks again for testing and for posting !

#5410 3 years ago
Quoted from Thomas3184:

Id buy that for 5100 if I didn’t have one.

Agree. Assuming fully functional its a good deal (and a great game!)

#5422 3 years ago
Quoted from blairan213:

Some homemade "mods". Everything is attached using factory screws, may add some to the top right corner but trying not to go too crazy!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Brilliant! Are those clay? Very talented. My son started sculpting clay and has made some amazing things...he's love the Krang and Baxter.

#5462 3 years ago
Quoted from Norcalpin:

Exactly like that. So it looks like it's a code thing. I'm still on the original code, hopefully updating to the newest code will prevent this.

I had this issue. Its not code but magnetized balls. I got the balls from Titan (recommended by Cary Hardy) and problem was immediately solved.

https://www.titanpinball.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=57&product_id=69

#5463 3 years ago
Quoted from Norcalpin:

Tom...what do you mean by magnetism? How do you check and repair it? Sorry...I have a couple of dmd williams games, but this is my first stern. Not sure how to get into the diagnostics.

For me the balls did not stick together nor did a paper clip, but still replacing them with the Titan balls totally fixed it. Been playing for months and never had a repeat.

#5464 3 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

I would actually say TMNT and DP have fairly similar depth levels, with TMNT having a few more required "diversions" if you are to get to the ultimate wizard mode, Cowabunga. My guess is that Cowabunga will be one of those very rare modes that few mortals will ever see, due to the difficulty of the triple mondo jackpot and max Krang combo. TMNT's Final Battle is no slouch, but is obtainable. Deadpool's Final Battle is probably slightly harder to get to than TMNT's, but TMNT has that one more layer with Cowabunga.
Bottom line, if DP kept you occupied that long, I would expect TMNT to easily do the same. TMNT is a more punishing layout though, with more speed, flow, and combos than DP. Both fantastic games!

Agree. I own DP and TMNT. I feel TMNT is deeper with Cowabunga and now also the Neutrinos and Half Shell Challenge just keep things fresh so you can have a new challenge everytime you play.

#5484 3 years ago
Quoted from Seirif:

Didn't get an answer so reposting - after completing Foot 123 combo, does it keep relighting with every new ball? Thanks

Pretty sure yes. Because you can definitely complete it multiple times. Same with Weapon Hurry Up.

#5490 3 years ago
Quoted from BrotherSir:

Agreed, 123 Foot in general is so fun to shoot, but it's constantly in the way.
Donnie is set up very weird. I never want to start his Multiball without a mode, so I always try to start 123 foot before hitting the ramp. Then I don't want to finish 123 foot because it's such a low value. It's like I'm always fighting against his "perks."

I am obsessed with 1, 2, 3 foot given it qualifies for Cowabunga. Apologies as I really thought you could re-light it after you beat it. Maybe I was playing in co-op...or older code...or am just remembering incorrectly!

#5491 3 years ago
Quoted from xckyle:

Just curious, but when everyone else hits the April Hurry up or the turtle power multiball, does the solenoid that holds the ball in place on your ramp during the cutscene make a loud sound while it is activated? That seems to the be the only coil that I can hear when it is engaged.

I can hear it humming a bit when it holds up in April Hurry Up or TP MB, but it's not too loud. I just started playing Hobbit and would say the low humming in TMNT is like a whisper compared to the sounds that machine makes!

#5532 3 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Any gotg owners here?
I can swap my gotg LE with a TMNT LE.
Pros for the gotg is the theme and music. I don’t hate turtles as a theme but gotg resonates much better with me. Also I prefer typical real video over cartoon.
Pro for the TMNT is however the layout. I get the feeling it’s just a better shooter with more to shoot. Three flippers are better than two I guess
On coding I haven’t played tmnt enough to say which is better however. I get the impression however TMNT has deeper code.
Laat but not least I think reseller value gotg is typ better as TMNT, at least in Europe where the theme TMNT is less strong as gotg. TMNT is more a kiddies theme over here.
Any comments from gotg plus TMNT owners?

I own both GOTG and TMNT. While both Borg games, they are very different and unique from each other (in my opinion of course). TMNT has a bit deeper code witch Cowabunga, Neutrinos and now the addition of Half Shell Challenge. 3rd flipper gives it a totally different feel and layout. GOTG has that more traditional fan layout and feel and basic code. However, we have had GOTG over 2 years and still not bored. Despite more simple coding its just so fun (you MUST run cleland code). So for now we are keeping both and quite happy. That said we are huge marvel and comic fans so the themes fit for us.

#5566 3 years ago
Quoted from xckyle:

Got to the final battle on coop yesterday and I had no sound for all 4 characters when they triggered the final battle each time. I thought I saw others having that issue. Have the latest 1.41 code. Is stern aware of this issue?

Yes several of us have posted here and assuming Dwight and team have seen and will address in next update.

#5590 3 years ago

Has anyone done the PinStadium lights on TMNT? Starting to feel like lighting could be amped up a bit.

#5605 3 years ago
Quoted from Soulstoner:

I have them on my machine and every now and then I'll turn them off to see what the stock lighting situation is like. NIGHT and DAY. I can't believe Stern isn't shipping machines out with extra lighting, as it's borderline unplayable with such minimal lighting.
They are quite expensive for what they are, but they help tremendously, so I recommend it.

thanks for the review!

#5607 3 years ago
Quoted from GeekedOnPinball:

I just bought a teenage mutant ninja turtles pro. It gets delivered next week. I am wondering if there is a list of things to check that may be problematic on the machine? I’ll do a lot of the typical protections on it like shooter lane and cliffys where needed. Any areas the playfield needs protection other than the normal stuff? Any problems with any of the mechanical things question?

Congrats! Suggest immediately replacing the pinballs with Titan balls as the stock balls get magnetized causing problems with them getting stuck together in the pizza parlor. Many of us have had this issue and its a super easy fix.

#5624 3 years ago
Quoted from Scandell:

I’m so happy with this purchase. Left outlane is totally fair on mine. Lair shot is far from impossible like some has stated. Maybe it’s my away-team Star Trek skills being repurposed.

Yeah you will dial in lair shot. When shooting from right flipper you have to drop the left flipper to lock it in or it will bounce out everytime...takes practice and a great challenge!

#5669 3 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Just had a game reset just as Turtle Power multiball started. I Ray mode. Everything went dead. Running latest code. Anyone get this? Playing as Donatello.
[quoted image][quoted image]
[quoted image]

Yes, in 5 months of Pro ownership this has happened 3-4 times total. Always in Turtle Power MB. Has been reported here and there are Stern coders on the forum so they are aware. But as others said it is so infrequent, not sure if it is fixable or code vs SD card etc.

#5693 3 years ago
Quoted from GeekedOnPinball:

I bought a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Pro and they delivered it yesterday and dropped it and cracked my cabinet in my driveway. I’m getting a refund and buying another but I’m still super bummed.

Sorry that really stinks! Hang in there, you'll be up and running soon!

#5779 3 years ago
Quoted from R_Coles:

Yeah, for sure, increasing the slope of the playfield seemed to clean some things up for me, specifically some of the cheap drains and also consistency with the inner loop and center ramp. It sounds counterintuitive because the game is already lighting fast and it might just be placebo effect, but something to try if you havent already. I have my playfield bubble set at the the top marker, whereas before it was dead center.

totally agree. I increased pitch and the Donny shot became more makeable as did the orbits.

#5804 3 years ago
Quoted from spidey:

My plastic ramp cover works perfectly! My first one was small and not wider than the screws that connect to the otpos, but the ball would smack the edge of the cover (validating that airballs were indeed the problem). My larger cover (a bit crude) works great.
[quoted image]

I also made one and it made the Donny shot register 100% and a bit faster and smoother for flow!

#5805 3 years ago

TMNT is #2 on Pinside Top 100 today (where it should be!)

#5870 3 years ago

I'm sure I'd be happy w/the factory topper. If it was $500, that's doable. At $1000 with a special mode, I'd probably be in. I just didn't feel like doing that. Now, I'm so far down the home-brew topper rabbit hole, I can't stop. The figures are the most expensive, but you have the figures forever. The last physical piece is here. Sign from Etsy. [quoted image]

This thing is INSANE! You are an artist!

#5873 3 years ago

Got to Final Battle last night. 2nd time ever! Kinda bummed though that there are no voice lines at the start of the wizard mode. Hopeful for a code update soon!

#5889 3 years ago

Yeah it doesn't do it when you go directly to it either.
I haven't had the game long so I don't know if there are supposed to be lines there from earlier code.

Yes there were lines at start of the mode but they disappeared at last code update. Several of us have notified Stern and some of the game coders follow this board.

#5902 3 years ago
Quoted from acons017:

Interesting! I have a hell of a time hitting the Donny shot. What’s your pitch?

#5912 3 years ago
Quoted from BowlingJim:

I can’t make the liar shot ever. I took the glass off and can’t make it with either flipper no matter how I tried. I really suck at pinball.

Be patient. Also practice from right flipper. At first it was unmakeable and always bounced out from right flipper. But if you time it right, you shoot from right flipper from a cradle start and just as it enters lair you let go of left flipper to lock it in and keep it from bouncing out. I used to only backhand it and now I rarely backhand it. Probably hit it 50% now from right flipper.

#5918 3 years ago

Well this is a new bug. Ball crept up into the pizza parlor. Screen blank. Won’t even enter ball search. Tilting the machine and getting the ball out first help. Had to press restart.[quoted image]

happened to me once and never happened again. Hope the same for you!

#5919 3 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

Deadflip said he did once but on earlier code, he also death saves frequently on games.

If you play co-cop with friends or family you will get there. Me and my sons made it on 3 ball, each taking a turtle. I feel Cowabunga is meant as a co-op party!

#5927 3 years ago
Quoted from acons017:

Is this reading taken from on top of the glass or from the playfield?

playfield

#5952 3 years ago

Good point. This is all you need.
[quoted image]
Couldn’t resist a quick test. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

so sick!

#5976 3 years ago

Would really be nice to have a code update from Stern to fix the Final Wizard mode voice lines. thank you.

#5978 3 years ago
Quoted from Micahdell:

I have a TMNT Pro. Is anyone having problems with pizza multi ball? Seems like the last few games I've played the lock will either let out 3 balls and not plunge a 4th ball as I believe it should or the lock lets out 2 balls and plunges a 3rd ball. My pin is on code 1.41. Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

A 4th ball is only plunged if you have a Gummy Bear topping (and 5 balls if 2 Gummy Bears etc). Not sure about why it would only lock 2 balls and plunge the 3rd unless you are playing multi-player or co-op possibly.

#5987 3 years ago
Quoted from JohnnyGee:

Hi Everyone!
I am getting an upper ball lock malfunction on my pro.
Sometimes the balls don't come out during Ninja Pizza multiball. Any idea what the problem could be? This just started happening recently, I wonder if a screw came lose or something..

agree with the suggestions to buy different pinballs. Mine did this right out of box for the first week. Switched to Titan standard pinballs and have not had it happen in 6 months since. Thanks to Cary Hardy and those on the forum who made the suggestion.

#5994 3 years ago
Quoted from Gogojohnnyquack:

I'm with you. My next step is to change the shaker setting from "Maximum" to "Moderate" and see how that works. I'm comparing how the shaker is used in my The Walking Dead (Pro) , which is sublimely integrated.

Myself and a few others had asked for a change in shaker settings for this reason and with last code update this was meant to happen. However, at least in my experience with the new code update, changing the setting to moderate or low did not help at start of Pizza MB. I resorted to changing the angle on one of the weights with an allen key (they are adjustable) and this did the trick. Now its just right and still the most intense shaker moment in any of my pins.

#6004 3 years ago
Quoted from R_Coles:

....so close man....so damn close [quoted image]

Congrats. You actually completed the hardest parts (Max Krang, Triple Mondo!)! You'll be there soon.

#6092 3 years ago
Quoted from Aardvarki:

Hey folks - I've got a question about the gameplay for TMNT.
I went to a pinball shop today and played seven rounds of this game, and I really loved it except for one thing, and I'm not sure whether that one thing was an electrical/mechanical glitch or part of the game itself:
What felt like randomly, throughout the play of the game, the GI would shut off and my flippers would stop operating, for roughly one second at a time. The main screen and backglass lighting was still there, and I think some of the other lighting was there, but *most* of the lights turned off, and the flippers stopped working. Is there something wrong with the machine, or is this something that can happen if I fail to complete some sort of objective? It happened once during turtle power multiball (which really screwed me), and about two or three times during either general play or during an episode. My best guess was that it was a TILT, but I'd not been nudging the machine whatsoever, and the fact that the flippers recovered within a second or two made me second-guess. As far as I could tell, it only happened when the ball was heading towards the flipper. It resulted in an early drain about 3/4 of the time.
Any thoughts? Ideas? I really liked the machine, and played it a bunch because I was considering buying it. If this is part of the gameplay, I think I'll pass, though. It felt really un-fun. If it's a problem with the machine, anyone have any thoughts what it might've been?

flippers going out is not normal or a common problem that we've seen on this forum. Sounds like an issue with that machine.

#6108 3 years ago

Ok boys we are done with the topper, sans lighting. As soon as that’s done, I’ll post a complete how to thread, putting together all the pieces (literally).
The lighting is being done custom, so if any of you want to light yours, you can get that option too.
Added benefit is if I ever sold the machine, I can reuse basically everything. The statues, TMNT sign, Shelf. The sewer cover has a couple holes, but not really a big deal. I decided to add some cheap support to it because of the sign. Literally $2 pieces. Nice and sturdy.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Absolutely phenomenal work and craftsmanship Look forward to the instruction manual

#6109 3 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

What is the best strategy to get neutrino pizza party going anyway?
I know this from the rules:
Neutrino Pizza Party -
- Can only be started after you have trained and reached 3rd level
- Can only be started when nothing else is going on.
- To start hit the two Dimension X targets then shoot the left ramp before
it times out.
- Can only play once per game.

I have gotten to it twice after many tries. I can only get it if I focus my entire game on getting to it. It's very challenging to get while distracted with other things in the game. I always try to clear out 1, 2, 3 foot and also clear out episodes, and both multiballs and weapon hurry ups if they are lit BEFORE going into training #2. If you beat training #2 and get to level 3, Neutrino targets will be lit on left ramp. However, if you hit them both and now need to hit the left ramp but accidentally go into 1, 2, 3 foot, Weapon hurry up or an episode or multiball you will get timed out and have to hit the targets all over again. Since its so hard to even light neutrinos I'd like to see it take priority over these other modes once its lit in a future code update.

#6121 3 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Yeah I found a couple pics now, thanks. Looks like you can definitely see a cut-out that was intended to go around the van. Bummer as I think that would drive me nuts. Not sure I can talk myself into putting the van back in the stock position.

Yes mine has a cut out. Managed to get it in with van in stock position but it was not easy. Had to use a drill to widen to slots in the technodrome so the posts would fit

#6128 3 years ago

Mine is coming together pretty well. I'm really happy with it. Still need a TMNT sign at the top.
Used some magnets and base to easily remove it. These worked great. amazon.com link »
This is the shelf I used. amazon.com link »
[quoted image]
Thanks for the tips.

For those of you making this glorious topper....what is the height of it? I have my machines in a spot in my basement where there is an overhead vent so I only have about 7 inches of space on top. Looks too big? ):

1 week later
#6160 3 years ago

Xaqery wondering if any timing for a TMNT code update to fix the voice line problem at start of Final Battle wizard mode? Was identified in this forum the same day of last code update back in Dec. Thanks as always for your consideration!

#6172 3 years ago
Quoted from JPloof:

Probably already discussed somewhere in the prior 123 pages of this topic, but anyone with Pinstadium neo's on this title? Just ordered some, would be my first set of pin stadiums.

Yes, I installed them a few months ago. Huge difference and definitely great for this game. Sometimes we shut them off just to see what it used to be like and it is night and day. Only con on my side is that I tried 3 configurations of the UV glow on various lights (pizza light, pops, shaker motor which was recommended by manufacturer as most modest) but our family found the glow too be too bright and hard on the eyes. So we only have the one connector clipped to a standard GI and do not have the UV glows hooked up. Others may like them just fine though!

#6198 3 years ago
Quoted from ShortCorky:

Maybe this has been asked before (sorry)... but has anyone had an issue with the timing on Training?
Literally when the ball drops from lair, it starts counting from 5. I barely get a shot at right ramp.
I wonder if the 10 sec timer starts running as the intro video plays, only thing I can think of.

Yes when I get into Training for the first time if I let animations go, the timer is already close to 10 seconds. If you hit both flippers to skip animation you get more time. I find this does not occur the 2nd or 3rd time in training (on those rare occasions I make it that far!)

#6254 3 years ago
Quoted from plasticbugs:

My only complaint right now is the shaker motor sequence at the start of Ninja Pizza Multiball. I would love for the lower shaker settings to make it less dramatic. Right now, even on “minimal” it’s full blast and really over the top. I’ve had to disable my shaker motor to avoid it.

Agree with the updated settings, the team added minimal and moderate adjustments but there was no difference at all. I resorted to adjusting the weight int he shaker and its great now.

#6255 3 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

My suggestion would be to let Team Up either continue in single ball play OR when you drain to one ball, start a countdown timer to shoot YOUR turtle shot to rescue your Team up partner and then continue the mode. However, there is currently an adjustment for the ball save timer on Team Up.

agree 100%!

#6261 3 years ago
Quoted from plasticbugs:

Can you describe how much you offset the one weight by? Would like to give that a go as I otherwise really like the shaker for everything else.

Yes I followed a prior post below by Thunderbird which really was quite easy (did it while still in the machine).

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-club2020-cowabunga-its-pizza-time/page/91#post-5943974

#6327 3 years ago
Quoted from azur3:

Nope, there‘s several reports from Pro owners around pages 80/81 of this thread

Yes happens on my Pro too. Something noted months back amongst most of us. Happens rarely but it really sucks when it does.

#6332 3 years ago
Quoted from Jon9508:

Balls are magnetized. They will start to hang up there once they are. Only took about 30 games for my stock balls to start acting up.

same. bought new Titan standard balls in first week and never had the hang up issue in Pizza Parlor since.

1 week later
#6398 3 years ago
Quoted from azur3:

Yes, it‘s a bug in software 1.41. Already reported multiple times and certain to be fixed in next release

Really hoping so. It's been awhile since this bug was reported. Had a family member over who finally got to Final Battle and had to then explain why Shredder wasn't talking...bummer

#6399 3 years ago
Quoted from tinkerer:

Hi everyone, my Pro was delivered Wednesday and I'm excited to join the club! It is my first pin and we have been enjoying playing it (somewhat excessively ) . One question I have is are loose screws and deviations normal for a NIB pin? When first setting it up, I found a screw loose in the cabinet I couldn't identify. Today, we stopped play when I noticed another screw caught in the left outlane. It turns out the lair 33 assembly (above 05A) had collapsed in on itself. However, one of the screw types seems different than the ones listed in the parts manual and I can't find any signs of the missing washers. In addition, I just found a long black screw magnetically stuck to the cabinet speaker that I have no idea where it goes????
Any advice is much appreciated!
[quoted image]

Welcome to the club! Don't worry, it's totally normal to find a screw or 2 in your first use of a NIB game. My TMNT had 2 solder connections pop the first week which was annoying, but it happens. I just got a JJP WW CE NIB (amazing game!) and have had several screws and washers on and under the PF. It's normal.
If the screw is magnetized its possible that it came out of the pizza spinner housing. Sorry I am not sure which screws go to what there on the Lair but you can probably bring the correctly sized screw to Home Depot and get a replacement quicker than going through your distributor. Good luck!

#6400 3 years ago
Quoted from ticktockman:

Joined the club with my Premium being delivered on Friday (my third pin behind SW Comic Premium and AIQ Premium). Couple questions: it's very hard for me to tell what's going on in the back-half of the playfield because of the backbox reflection and various lights going on. Will Pinstadiums help with this? Also, what can I do about the brutal left outlane?

I bought the PinStadiums and have them set to a low green and it's made a huge difference. The kids even have their own settings so when they play they just hit a button on the app to change to the color they like. It's like night and day if we shut them off so. I consider them must-haves. However, I personally do not use the UV glow because the flashing was hurting our eyes and you can't dial down the flash intensity (you can hook it to different flashers and even the shaker motor) but we still found that too much. Others love it though so to each their own.

After playing the game for 6 months, best advice on left outlane is to get used to it and accept the challenge of the game But having younger kids to make this less frustrating we increased ball save times, activated ball save out of lair, allow 2 ball saves, and someone even added a 3M bumper sticky to left outlane. Good luck and enjoy!

4 weeks later
#6511 2 years ago
Quoted from raplaka75:

Hello everyone! Wanted to let you guys know that I 've just bought a pro version of TMNT and loving it. Played it for a few days now but came across something weird and was wondering did anyone else had this problem before. I was in a episode fighting slash and had multi ball going at the same time and this blank screen came on and nothing happened even on the play field. I did a quick reset and it was back normal again. It's running the latest code (1.41). Thanks!
[quoted image]

Yes this is a known problem. For me happens maybe only 1% of games. Always during a MB. Sadly last time it happened we had a family member over who was having an epic game and it happened which stunk. But I wouldn't worry and hoping it gets addressed in next code update.

1 month later
#6790 2 years ago
Quoted from dinot:

Got my parts back from the powdercoater. Color is Transparent Dormant Sparkle Granny Apple Smith - Tiger Drylac.
I was going to go with Illusion Green Ice by Prismatic Powders, but I had a machine done a few weeks back with a Prismatic powder and it took a couple of weeks just to get the powder in (They typically deliver in 2 days). The powder coater had this color on hand so I went with it. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Daaaamn that is SICK! Who do you use for powdercoating? It is difficult to disassemble all of those pieces?

#6791 2 years ago
Quoted from honkbahh:

Tested the balls, and they were not magnetized. I tried to recreate the same scenario of balls stuck in the lair during multiball with the glass off, and I could not duplicate it. My only thoughts are software glitch, or maybe the slope of the playfield it a little too flat.

I had the faintest hint of magnetized pinballs in the first week of the game. You could barely tell they were magnetizied and wouldn't know unless you were really looking for it. Had problems in lair and in Pizza Parlor with balls not coming out. Switched to Titan pinballs and have not had a single issue in nearly a year! I'd say it's worth a few bucks.

#6795 2 years ago
Quoted from honkbahh:

The regular carbon steel, not the shiny chrome, correct?

yes correct

1 week later
#6865 2 years ago
Quoted from Vermont:

There wasn't a response to this. Just surfacing it once more in case it can generate some thoughts. Apologies if re-raising is against the community norms, but I am definitely curious.

no issues reposting...sorry I missed this! I play the pops purposely on any ball unless I am going for a triple mondo or max Krang combo. You can get all kinds of great rewards beyond extra ball as well. I always remind my kids not to always hold left flipper when plunging for this reason which is unique to this game.

1 month later
#7054 2 years ago

Really hoping Dwight and team address the Final Battle voice glitch in next code update...pretty please hope you still love us even after Mando (which I also purchased!)

1 week later
#7127 2 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

Ive got so many ideas for what Id like tweaked/fixed/changed but in summary: Scoring balance, Turtle Perks balanced to be worthwhile and useful, rework 123 Foot into something that doesnt just get in the way of the rest of the game, rework cowabunga requirements so they arent so grindy/arbitrary feeling.
Not vital but something that would be nice is making the center ramp spot a ramp for lighting episodes, this would prevent having to play Turtle Power MB without an episode (without needing 123 foot to be going).
Overall, the core of the game is solid MB with episodes, Team Up, the Training is cool too but then all the side-type stuff (April HU, Krang Kombo, 123 Foot, Weapon HU) seem to be not very valuable and seem like their only purpose is to qualify Cowabunga which could be qualified by completing Final Battle, getting to Level 4 and getting a Super Jackpot or something more straightforward like that.

Great ideas. We also do really need the voice lines on FINAL BATTLE fixed! You get to wizard mode and there's no audio! Real bummer...

2 weeks later
#7168 2 years ago
Quoted from bossk4hire:I have them and love them! I had to mess with the brightness as too bright washes everything out... too low and why pay that much hahaha.
But when the uv light turns on... man does the art work pop!
They do flash off when all the gi goes out.
Also agree with pinmonks gels for the modes.
[quoted image]

I have them but do not use the UV flasher because we found it blinding attached to even the shaker which is activated the least

1 year later
#9666 1 year ago

Joined the club with an LE (formerly a happy Pro owner!). I have a question for the Prem/LE owners as the glider is new to me and I did not see a key post on this topic. The glider swings out too far to the left and goes over the side rail and it jams. I have gone into the glider calibration several times and I cant seem to figure it out. After calibration its fine for a few games and then goes out of whack again. Is this the servo or more just a mechanical issue? The glider arm feels a little loose to me but wasn’t sure if it is supposed to be loose in order to swing. Thanks in advance for any advice!
Mike

2DBE6F7A-CDB4-4BD3-AC6C-400D9A61DE42 (resized).jpeg2DBE6F7A-CDB4-4BD3-AC6C-400D9A61DE42 (resized).jpeg504EE538-4438-413D-AD12-4FF4C55B89F9 (resized).jpeg504EE538-4438-413D-AD12-4FF4C55B89F9 (resized).jpeg

#9672 1 year ago
Quoted from ag83:

Ha, funny you ask! I just asked this same question Friday in https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-club2020-cowabunga-its-pizza-time/page/193#post-7177255 . Is that video similar to what you are seeing?
I woke up early Saturday morning with an idea: I suspect that I attached the metal wire metal wire too far out on the servo motor arm. See for example this picture: https://i5.walmartimages.com/asr/4fee6b5c-3733-4231-9a68-f231e751cf42_1.cffb1d9c14765c0e9e4ec8aeef908012.jpeg . You see how there are multiple holes on the arm that attaches to the servo? The farther out on the arm that you attach the metal wire that controls the glider, the more the glider will move.
I just emailed Stern support to ask if there is guidance as to how far out on the servo arm we are supposed to attach the metal wire. But I suspect it may be trial-and-error to figure it out.

Thanks for sharing! I am having exact same issue with buzzing sound when it goes to far positions and it running over left side and jamming. Even after calibration etc. I am not sure if I have original servo and assembly etc. Definitely appreciate you sharing your resolution!

#9687 1 year ago
Quoted from arcadem:

I just want to share my recent trouble shooting episode with my TMNT Premium. I also want to give a big shout out to a real gentleman in the hobby, Vic Ireland aka vireland. As always, he was a big help in making suggestions of where to look to solve the problem. Here is what happened to my game. All of a sudden the game stopped seeing balls entering the Pizza Parlor. If the Parlor filled up with its' 3 ball limit and a fourth one tried to find a spot, the game would pause and then go into ball search mode. In that process, one of the 4 balls would eject but the other 3 remained. Even at game's end or at start up, any balls in the Parlor remained in place. The obvious suspects were magnetized balls and/or bad OPTOS. In fact, they were not at fault. After much trouble shooting we traced the problem back to the switch No. 8 which controls the upper right flipper. We found a cold solder joint there on both the hot lead and the common ground. That resulted in the OPTOS' common ground also being open. Hence, the Parlor did not operate. I guess the moral of the story is that these games are very complex (pinball is easy?? huh??) and the solutions to failures can be quite hard to find but even neophytes like my wife and I can 'do the work when necessary'. I hope this may help someone else if they have a similar problem.

Quoted from arcadem:

I just want to share my recent trouble shooting episode with my TMNT Premium. I also want to give a big shout out to a real gentleman in the hobby, Vic Ireland aka vireland. As always, he was a big help in making suggestions of where to look to solve the problem. Here is what happened to my game. All of a sudden the game stopped seeing balls entering the Pizza Parlor. If the Parlor filled up with its' 3 ball limit and a fourth one tried to find a spot, the game would pause and then go into ball search mode. In that process, one of the 4 balls would eject but the other 3 remained. Even at game's end or at start up, any balls in the Parlor remained in place. The obvious suspects were magnetized balls and/or bad OPTOS. In fact, they were not at fault. After much trouble shooting we traced the problem back to the switch No. 8 which controls the upper right flipper. We found a cold solder joint there on both the hot lead and the common ground. That resulted in the OPTOS' common ground also being open. Hence, the Parlor did not operate. I guess the moral of the story is that these games are very complex (pinball is easy?? huh??) and the solutions to failures can be quite hard to find but even neophytes like my wife and I can 'do the work when necessary'. I hope this may help someone else if they have a similar problem.

arcadem thank you SOOOO much! I am 3 days into LE ownership and after day 1 the lock wasn’t sensing the 3rd ball and locking up. Balls wouldn’t come out in ball search. Optos were all fine in switch test. On my prior Pro I had issues in the lock with magnetized balls so swapped in Titan Standards again like last time and this did not solve the issue. I read your post and figured hey let me give this a shot. I don’t have a multimeter yet so just reflowed the solder on the upper flipper EOS ground and hot….and voila! Lock working again! Thanks so much for sharing your detective work as I would have NEVER figured this out on my own and I am actually quite adept at maintaining and fixing modern machines. Its people like you that make the hobby great! Thanks again!
can’t forget PinMonk who I am not surprised contributed to this sleuth work!

#9690 1 year ago
Quoted from ag83:

I think I fixed it. Originally, my issue was that the replacement servo recommended in this thread (HS-645MG) doesn't fit the arm that was on the old servo. Then when swapping it out, I didn't pay enough attention to where I attached the metal wire to the servo arm. See the attached screenshot for where the servo arm was in the factory arm (topmost hole of the right arm). When installing the new servo, I stupidly attached it to the topmost hole of the left arm without realizing that that is significantly farther away because it's a larger arm.
I resolved it by attaching the metal wire to the hole with a "16" on it. It's not perfect (it under-rotates a tiny bit) but it's much better than it was before.
[quoted image]

glad it is resolved! and did you have to reverse direction of servo like other mentioned or it is fine to just plug and play?

1 week later
#9749 1 year ago
Quoted from ag83:

When I purchased the HS-645MG servo as recommended in the pinned posts, I requested a counter-clockwise (reversed) rotation. So this time, my issue was only related to how far out I had attached the metal wire on my servo arm.

Thanks. replaced my servo but still some weird behavior. when glider goes from left to right it works fine but when it goes right to left it doesnt go as far and not back to center. seems like a mechanical issue. i am working with Pablo at Stern support because its just beyond me now and super frustrating. are people’s Prem/LE gliders working consistently? for ball staging at end of modes etc? seems so unreliable right now.

#9750 1 year ago
Quoted from PinSpinner:

Three words: eight ball multiball.

i have owned a Pro and now an Le. I love the van and the Krang addition and also the right shooter lane ramp. However, at least for me the glider has been hugely frustrating and for this reason alone I would recommend the Pro (would love to hear from Prem/LE owners with no glider issues or who solved it!). Hoping that will be me someday soon

#9757 1 year ago
Quoted from jellomandolin:

Mine doesn’t catch the ball in time sometimes. I think it’s just because the ball is going so fast.

my son got to final battle and beat phase 1 where ball gets staged on left wireform by the glider and the flippers die. well the glider failed to stop the ball as it should have and with the flippers dead for the scene clip, he drained and lost final battle. we were really pissed as it was brand new servo. Ive only had the LE for two weeks and glider been really annoying. Hoping Pablo has a fix for me that improves its reliability.

#9780 1 year ago

Team need some advice on shooter lane auto-launch on my LE. When game starts or I auto-launch from ball start it launches up the shooter lane right ramp fine. But during game play including MBs and especially when re-loading into the van, the balls don't make it all the way up the shooter lane ramp. I have increased auto-launch power to max and same issue. Seems almost like there is less power to the launch coil when the game is going. Any advice? Including PinMonk in case his holiness has any advice as he's always super helpful!
Thanks!

#9784 1 year ago
Quoted from classybum:

It could be an alignment issue. Try taking a slow mo video with your phone, if the ball is bouncing off the walls or isn't struck squarely there's your problem

thanks all. these are bran new Titan standards so shouldnt be magnetized. also works fine in test menu and when launching from start so doesnt seem like alignment. just super weak during gameplay. I remeber at an arcade a year or two ago there was an LE with 4 balls jiggling in the shooter lane. thanks all will check these suggestions too

#9790 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

We had that same issue. Upping the auto shooter power only makes the issue worse. Try lowering the power to see if that works.
We ended up putting a bigger coil in the shooter. That fixed it.

thanks very much will give it a try at lower power. No issues with a higher power coil drawing power? could you share which coil #? thanks!

#9800 1 year ago
Quoted from plasticbugs:

If the servo stops working, you would have to manually center the glider and turn it off in the settings. It would no longer allow switching lanes or stopping the ball for events like skill shot or episode completed.
Game would still be very playable but you’d be missing one of the primary reasons for owning the premium instead of the pro.

actually you can’t deactivate it in settings you need to unplug it from under PF (which is easy). agree game is playable without it, however when the game is supposed to stop the ball for staging it can be a problem. especially after phase one of final battle where ball is meant to be stopped and the flippers die! my son had a forced drain when out glider was down and we could not progress to phase 2. other than this its more of a nuisance.
i just replaced servo which wasnt hard and now everything works well except left wireform ball staging. seems mechanical like maybe the rod connecting servo to glider seems too long and its hard for servo to move it. going to play around with this this weekend and report back.

#9808 1 year ago

Thank you for the tips.
My weight doesn't have a hole on the side like yours does.
Mine both look like the one on the left where there isn't a hole on the side.
Did you drill one?
[quoted image]

i did on mine.

#9836 1 year ago

can anyone send a pic of the glider with particular focus on the rod underneath that connects it to servo? mine seems too long and causing it to bow out when glider tries to stage balls on left wireform causing the balls to go past. all other glider stops working fine. advice highly appreciated. have a fresh servo in and also calibrated many times. thanks

3 weeks later
#10044 1 year ago

owned both GOTG and TMNt Pros. Both fun. GOtG way easier and not as deep and for that reason didn’t last despite it being our favorite theme. Now have a TMNT LE and love it especially playing coop

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

10,500 (OBO)
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 22.00
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 7,999.00
$ 9.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 3.49
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 23.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Twisted Tokens

$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 7,000.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 16.00
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

6,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Gainesville, FL
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chester, PA
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DaddyManD.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-club2020-cowabunga-its-pizza-time?tu=DaddyManD and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.