(Topic ID: 271489)

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Club(Stern 2020): Cowabunga! It’s Pizza Time!

By Tuxedomask23

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,044 posts
  • 828 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by Afty86
  • Topic is favorited by 335 Pinsiders

You

Topic poll

“Which model are you going to purchase”

• Pro 285 votes
    50%
  • Premium 166 votes
    29%
  • LE 120 votes
    21%

(571 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240415_084026 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image.png
PXL_20240413_183258513.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_3649 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3648 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5713 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5712 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8262 (resized).jpeg
20240406_124621 (resized).jpg
SystemJPinball.ca_1_TMNT-MenuCard-PremLE-Mean1.1_example-3 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,044 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 241.
#401 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Cars are the dumbest purchase in the world but they're so much fun!

What about boats?

#402 3 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

What about boats?

Not a boat guy so don't know the market.

Btw pinball machines are not like TV's. You don't spend another 3k to get a nicer tv. The price difference in these games is so insane.... That's why people dispute in the thread.

I'm all about a healthy discussion but ultimately I agree that we're all lucky to have a great game!

#403 3 years ago

Any pro owners care to comment on glare? Is HD glass necessary, especially considering placement of upper flipper?

#404 3 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Any pro owners care to comment on glare? Is HD glass necessary, especially considering placement of upper flipper?

HD glass is not a necessity, but it is really nice. It has a tendency to multiply after you buy that first sheet.

#405 3 years ago

So after playing the LE today for about 2 hours here are my thoughts...... FREAKING AWESOME! Congrats to Stern on this one. They really should feel extremely proud on this game. Checks all the boxes and is a homerun. Looks amazing, shoots amazing, the code is very diverse with lots to do, the call outs are fun, the music is fun...It's just an all around fun game. Really looking forward to getting use to all the shots on it to really make this a flow monster. Two shots that are difficult are the side ramp and lair shot under the flipper. Was having a real hard time trying to get the ball to go in the lair. When I was watching the initial streams my concern was the game was going to be easy to get to Cowabunga.....No. Once you start playing and see all the things you have to collect...its a lot. I can say that getting the 5 April hurry ups are going to be some work. And for anyone bashing the mono targets...they are awesome on this game. Dwight really incorporated them great. They feel good and they really work well with the code. So pro vs premium arguments. You can't go wrong with any model. To be honest I would be perfectly fine with a pro if I didn't get the LE. Not once did I use the diverter....now I will say again I only played for 2 hours so I am still trying to understand the flow and code so my mind was not thinking on hitting the button. I am sure once I get all the shots down and get some strategy the diverter will become very useful. But you will be fine without it. I can't say what the difference would be with the pizza mech going both directions for I have not played the pro but seems to be similar. Krang mech is fun but of course not needed. Just adds to the whole package. I did like that I was able to stage a ball during multiball in the lair area which you can not do on the pro. Turtle van opening up is very cool but again you will be fine without it. My daughter loved it and wanted to see that more than anything so it is a very nice feature. Whatever you choose to get you will by HAPPY! Have fun everyone. If you don't have fun on this game and smile... you don't like pinball.

#406 3 years ago

Ok I’m a pro and LE owner here So i have a reason to try and hype myself up but I’m sorry... am i the only one who’s disappointed?

The game feels blah...

Nothing happens you see no changes or sense of completion after furthering deeper into the game.

I love turtles hands down winner theme but i feel like the game does nothing for me.

You get zero sense of completion or satisfaction the further you make it through the game. Nothing changes nothing appears. I hope the code can resolve some of these issues.

Anyone agree?

#407 3 years ago
Quoted from V8haha:

Ok I’m a pro and LE owner here So i have a reason to try and hype myself up but I’m sorry... am i the only one who’s disappointed?
The game feels blah...
Nothing happens you see no changes or sense of completion after furthering deeper into the game.
I love turtles hands down winner theme but i feel like the game does nothing for me.
You get zero sense of completion or satisfaction the further you make it through the game. Nothing changes nothing appears. I hope the code can resolve some of these issues.
Anyone agree?

Not every game is for everyone, that's ok. If you aren't feeling it, now would be a good time to move one or both of them, they would sell quickly.

#408 3 years ago

Played approximately 18 games on the Pro at Pinball Gallery in Malvern, PA. my thoughts:

The art: cabinet , backglass and playfield are awesome, and incredibly colorful in person, and I even love the lcd animations. Lots to watch and see.

The flow: one of the fastest games I ever played. Hitting the right ramp or right orbit whips around to the upper left flipper. Upper flipper also has a repeatable orbit, Or a center ramps that feeds down to the right inlane. I was missing a lot, flipping too late, forgetting to flip or throwing it down an outline. And I love every minute of it.

Even tho it’s a Borg game, it doesn’t feel like any Borg games I’ve spent much time playing. The shots feel tight but makeable (not houdini, actually makeable). Lower left flipper sometime feels like Jail, but then you dial in the right ramp or the right orbit and you are back in business.

Scoring: This is not a high scoring machine. I think you need 10 mil to get a high score by default ... and I did not do that. I was so excited to play it, i didn't even take a picture of a score.

Overall: Great to get to pick your own turtle, which adds a variety of skill shots available. Man this game is going to take awhile to learn the shots, but it feels great and every shot I hit felt great.

Finally, the combos, weapon hurry ups, and LAIR stuff could be a game in an of itself. So much to do!

atPG (resized).jpgatPG (resized).jpgatpg2 (resized).jpgatpg2 (resized).jpg
#409 3 years ago

ALSO!
This game has a shaker motor installed at the Gallery and that thing was cooking! Every Turtle Power Multiball felt like the game was jumping out of its shell, and there were a few other episodes where I completed a shot or two and the shaker made it feel like a real payoff. So, solid, but not overwhelming shaker motor integration.

#410 3 years ago

Silly question. Any recs for the color of the leg protector for the LE? Red black green?

#411 3 years ago
Quoted from HookedonPinonics:

So after playing the LE today for about 2 hours here are my thoughts...... FREAKING AWESOME! Congrats to Stern on this one. They really should feel extremely proud on this game. Checks all the boxes and is a homerun. Looks amazing, shoots amazing, the code is very diverse with lots to do, the call outs are fun, the music is fun...It's just an all around fun game. Really looking forward to getting use to all the shots on it to really make this a flow monster. Two shots that are difficult are the side ramp and liar shot under the flipper. Was having a real hard time trying to get the ball to go in the liar. When I was watching the initial streams my concern was the game was going to be easy to get to Cowabunga.....No. Once you start playing and see all the things you have to collect...its a lot. I can say that getting the 5 April hurry ups are going to be some work. And for anyone bashing the mono targets...they are awesome on this game. Dwight really incorporated them great. They feel good and they really work well with the code. So pro vs premium arguments. You can't go wrong with any model. To be honest I would be perfectly fine with a pro if I didn't get the LE. Not once did I use the diverter....now I will say again I only played for 2 hours so I am still trying to understand the flow and code so my mind was not thinking on hitting the button. I am sure once I get all the shots down and get some strategy the diverter will become very useful. But you will be fine without it. I can't say what the difference would be with the pizza mech going both directions for I have not played the pro but seems to be similar. Krang mech is fun but of course not needed. Just adds to the whole package. I did like that I was able to stage a ball during multiball in the liar area which you can not do on the pro. Turtle van opening up is very cool but again you will be fine without it. My daughter loved it and wanted to see that more than anything so it is a very nice feature. Whatever you choose to get you will by HAPPY! Have fun everyone. If you don't have fun on this game and smile... you don't like pinball.

Lair.

Sorry I had to. I didn’t want to be one of those people but you wrote it so many times Please know I type this with kindness intended.

Great write up and mini review. Glad to hear you’re enjoying it!

#412 3 years ago
Quoted from Habermania:

ALSO!
This game has a shaker motor installed at the Gallery and that thing was cooking! Every Turtle Power Multiball felt like the game was jumping out of its shell, and there were a few other episodes where I completed a shot or two and the shaker made it feel like a real payoff. So, solid, but not overwhelming shaker motor integration.

THANK YOU!!

#413 3 years ago
Quoted from Habermania:

ALSO!

Of course, I go to order one and they are sold out. Anyone know if Stern replenishes their shaker motor stock in a timely manner?

#414 3 years ago
Quoted from kh39540:

Of course, I go to order one and they are sold out. Anyone know if Stern replenishes their shaker motor stock in a timely manner?

You can buy them from anyone.

https://www.pinballlife.com/stern-factory-authorized-shaker-motor-kit-for-stern-spike-spike-2-system-games.html

#415 3 years ago

I prefer the pinball life shakers anyway. Go that route

#416 3 years ago

How is game selling? Does not seem to be a big hit on pinside. Nothing like Rick and Morty
when it was released. Just an observation. Game looks like it’s fun just not a theme for me.

#417 3 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Lair.
Sorry I had to. I didn’t want to be one of those people but you wrote it so many times Please know I type this with kindness intended.
Great write up and mini review. Glad to hear you’re enjoying it!

I made the edit! I'm an idiot sometimes. I blame it on my excitement. Thank you

#418 3 years ago

Thanks! Ordered.

Quoted from mbrave77:

I prefer the pinball life shakers anyway. Go that route

I thought they were the Stern shaker motor... What are the differences? In any case, I did order the Pinball Life one.

#419 3 years ago

I have put 30 games on the pro now and the game is growing on me but I am annoyed by a few things.

Pros so far

The music and call outs are great. Turned up loud in my basement I feel the voice actors knocked this one out of the park. The music is great also. I thought I would get annoyed from the theme song but I actually love it when you go into multiball and the cover has grown on me!

95% of the game is quite fun to shoot! The game moves so fast that I don’t even think I would have time to use the diverter if I had a premium or LE. I normally start with a pro and then upgrade to a premium but after playing it a ton I don’t feel it is necessary. This maybe my favorite borg layout. I had previously owned an X-Men and I feel that the spinning disc on this game has a much better grip on the ball than xmen did. Adds a lot of randomness to the ball movement which is awesome.

Lighting is fantastic! Can play in a dark room with no problem. I LOVE the extra spot lights on the flippers and I hope this the standard moving forward. I actually am going to hold off installing pin stadiums on this title.

Shipped with complete code at 1.0! That is an amazing accomplishment. But this does lead me to my Cons.

Cons so far
I have few issues so far with the game. Hitting the training shot under the upper left flipper is no fun to shoot at due to all of the rejects. I put a super band on it and it helped a little bit. With the super Band I’m hitting the shot maybe 25% of the time instead of 10% of the time. The problem is that is Leonardos skill shot so I avoid playing as him.

If you play as Donatello you start the big multiball on your first shot up the right ramp. I feel in general the game is to multiball heavy. Especially with Donatello. In general with the rules as they are it is just to easy to get into multiball.

The shredder modes in general are a bit boring. They all feel the same and they don’t seem score big points when playing them. Maybe this is just a low scoring game!

Overall I do like the game a lot but I do feel the weakest part so far is the code. After playing a ton of Lyman games like Elvira and Walking Dead which are so fun to play, I am not having the same feeling with this code by Dwight. It is descent overall but I feel that it can be more polished and less repetitive feeling.

Looking forward to playing more.

#420 3 years ago

Played the Pro tonight and honestly think it might be my favorite Stern since Deadpool. Really enjoyed the shots on this one. Code needs some polish for sure but I do think it’s a bit multiball heavy and seems easy to start but overall I really like it. I think this one will grow on me. Anxious to play the Premium/LE.

#421 3 years ago
Quoted from calprog:

How is game selling? Does not seem to be a big hit on pinside. Nothing like Rick and Morty
when it was released. Just an observation. Game looks like it’s fun just not a theme for me.

Game seems to be selling quite well. Most people aren’t complaining about much, pretty positive vibes.

Stern has already sold through on 500 LEs and has probably sold even more pros. They are shipping them fast. Stern will have more Turtles in the wild by the end July than Spooky’s entire R&M run.

#422 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffgoldstein2:

I have put 30 games on the pro now and the game is growing on me but I am annoyed by a few things.
Pros so far
The music and call outs are great. Turned up loud in my basement I feel the voice actors knocked this one out of the park. The music is great also. I thought I would get annoyed from the theme song but I actually love it when you go into multiball and the cover has grown on me!
95% of the game is quite fun to shoot! The game moves so fast that I don’t even think I would have time to use the diverter if I had a premium or LE. I normally start with a pro and then upgrade to a premium but after playing it a ton I don’t feel it is necessary. This maybe my favorite borg layout. I had previously owned an X-Men and I feel that the spinning disc on this game has a much better grip on the ball than xmen did. Adds a lot of randomness to the ball movement which is awesome.
Lighting is fantastic! Can play in a dark room with no problem. I LOVE the extra spot lights on the flippers and I hope this the standard moving forward. I actually am going to hold off installing pin stadiums on this title.
Shipped with complete code at 1.0! That is an amazing accomplishment. But this does lead me to my Cons.
Cons so far
I have few issues so far with the game. Hitting the training shot under the upper left flipper is no fun to shoot at due to all of the rejects. I put a super band on it and it helped a little bit. With the super Band I’m hitting the shot maybe 25% of the time instead of 10% of the time. The problem is that is Leonardos skill shot so I avoid playing as him.
If you play as Donatello you start the big multiball on your first shot up the right ramp. I feel in general the game is to multiball heavy. Especially with Donatello. In general with the rules as they are it is just to easy to get into multiball.
The shredder modes in general are a bit boring. They all feel the same and they don’t seem score big points when playing them. Maybe this is just a low scoring game!
Overall I do like the game a lot but I do feel the weakest part so far is the code. After playing a ton of Lyman games like Elvira and Walking Dead which are so fun to play, I am not having the same feeling with this code by Dwight. It is descent overall but I feel that it can be more polished and less repetitive feeling.
Looking forward to playing more.

How would you compare it against Deadpool code?

#423 3 years ago
Quoted from bellbrand:

Your game hasn’t arrived?

Nope we had a mix up with the distributor.

#424 3 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

How would you compare it against Deadpool code?

Deadpool is a top 3 stern game for me. I feel the code on deadpool has come a long way and I personally love the battle modes on deadpool because it feels like your playing a video game. The modes feels less repetitive overall and it feels very rewarding when you complete a battle on DP.

The multiballs are much more challenging to earn in Deadpool. At least all of the multi balls other than the 2 ball multi-ball which I am not a fan of in deadpool.

At the current time I much prefer the rules on deadpool.

#425 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Drop the flipper to help it in there. Still hard, but less frustrating.

Of course. At one point I had 8 traps in a row. Pretty sure it’s a world record. Still nearly got to Cowabunga though. I was happy with that.

Overall game is fun. I’m going to put a bunch of game in on the LE tomorrow before coming to a conclusion on it all. After playing a few game tonight there are some drawbacks. But I’ll see if it’s adjustable. Getting to 100 million is achievable on the LE/Prem fairly simple. Repeating the glider allows for plenty of points. 75 million on the pro was nearly the entire game up to the final wizard mode.

#426 3 years ago

Deadpool is a top 3 stern game for me. I feel the code on deadpool has come a long way and I personally love the battle modes on deadpool because it feels like your playing a video game. The modes feels less repetitive overall and feel more rewarding when you complete a battle on DP.
The multiballs are much more challenging to earn in Deadpool. At least all of the multi balls other than the 2 ball multi-ball which I am not a fan of in deadpool.
At the current time I much prefer the rules on deadpool.

Thanks. After backing out of Munsters and going for DP could not have been happier. As for TMNT, We are not the best players and I love the theme and layout. Hopefully code will improve. We know Dwight can make awesome code. Let’s hope any shortcomings are solved. At least everything is there. That’s the main thing.

#427 3 years ago

Has anyone checked the adjustment to see if you can increase the difficulty of starting multiballs? I know of other games where factory settings were too easy but game adjustments could be made to make it better for home use.

#428 3 years ago

How are the playfields looking up close? Inserts slightly above the pf with Stern’s newer thinner clear coat method to prevent pooling/chipping?

#429 3 years ago

I think it's good for new players to have easy access to a multiball. Lil DeadPool multiball is similar where it's very easy to accomplish. My non-pinhead friend, she loved getting that multiball on DP. Of course it's different in a home environment where you may not want a multiball that easy, so the alternative is to play a different turtle then.

Rob

#430 3 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

What about boats?

my buddy says if it flies, floats, or f***s you'll be spending a lot of money..

#432 3 years ago

now adding to the list... hahaha

#433 3 years ago
Quoted from calprog:

What are you talking about? It is a huge hit here and arguably more than rick and morty as they've already sold way more than rick and morty has.

#434 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

What are you talking about? It is a huge hit here and arguably more than rick and morty as they've already sold way more than rick and morty has.

I had the same reaction to the post, but it is hard to compare them yet as the majority of TMNTs that have been released are on location, where as almost all R&M are in homes, so no one is doing "deep dives" on TMNT yet. Give it a month and there will be a boatload of TMNT videos/threads/posts and reviews to look through. And at the end of July, there will likely be 2-3 TMNT owners per R&M owner, but R&M won't have more than 750 owners... and can't.

#435 3 years ago

not even a peep from automated services... do other distributors go out faster because they're closer with Stern? thinking about changing distributors..

#436 3 years ago
B3295285-F693-4A34-9F3A-AAE9829B51FD (resized).jpegB3295285-F693-4A34-9F3A-AAE9829B51FD (resized).jpeg
#437 3 years ago
Quoted from cleanandlevel:

not even a peep from automated services... do other distributors go out faster because they're closer with Stern? thinking about changing distributors..

Automated is usually really quick but not the best to deal with in my experiences.

I get most of my games the quickest through Trent from Tilt amusements who tends to get large stock for most stern games. I have bought 6 games from Trent and have been really happy.

Zach from flippin out pinball has really good communication with his clients also and is worth calling as well.

#438 3 years ago

Automated is usually really but not the best to deal with.

I get most of my games the quickest through Trent from Tilt amusements who tends to get large stock for most stern games. Always had great experiences through the 6 games I purchased through him.

Zach from flippin out pinball has really good communication with his clients and is worth calling as well.

#439 3 years ago
Quoted from cleanandlevel:

I believe it’s a seniority system. The top distros get the most from each run. If they pass on the opportunity it goes to the next distro down the totem pole.

Tilt Amusements is at or near the top so if you want one early I would try him next time.

#440 3 years ago

Automated is usually really quick but not the best to deal with in my experiences.
I get most of my games the quickest through Trent from Tilt amusements who tends to get large stock for most stern games. I have bought 6 games from Trent and have been really happy.
Zach from flippin out pinball has really good communication with his clients also and is worth calling as well.

Yeah, automated has gone down hill. Zach is a million times better to deal with.

#441 3 years ago

For anyone with Pin Stadiums, I recommend the flasher to be connected to the pop bumper center flasher.

Originally I had it connected to the left dome flasher, but I figured out that that was actually the Michelangelo flasher. There's also a Donatello, Leonardo and Raphael flasher all located around the lower part of the playfield.

#442 3 years ago

is it wierd that Im just as excited to see the difference HD glass makes on pins as I am to get my TMNT? Sounds like folks here say Im going to have to upgrade my other Pins after seeing it.

#443 3 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

is it wierd that Im just as excited to see the difference HD glass makes on pins as I am to get my TMNT? Sounds like folks here say Im going to have to upgrade my other Pins after seeing it.

Not weird. I’m
Also excited for the glass ! Ha. I have 3 other games, I don’t think I’ve ever even seen invisiglass before! Can’t wait for my LE !

#444 3 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Half my pins have Invisiglass and I've already resigned to the fact I will be buying more.

#445 3 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Haha. It’s really not that big a difference. Nice to have though.

#446 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Haha. It’s really not that big a difference. Nice to have though.

nope, this depents on your ambient lighting, so you cant generalize it.
for me it improoves the look of the PF for about 30-40%. If you play in a dark room, not so much.

#447 3 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

nope, this depents on your ambient lighting, so you cant generalize it.
for me it improoves the look of the PF for about 30-40%. If you play in a dark room, not so much.

All the lights are on in my basement when I play. You can definitely tell, but unless I buy another LE, I’ll never buy a sheet of this glass. Way too expensive.

For instance. You would think if it’s so good with glare that it would completely eliminate the glare from speaker lights. Doesn’t even come close.

#448 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

All the lights are on in my basement when I play. You can definitely tell, but unless I buy another LE, I’ll never buy a sheet of this glass. Way too expensive.
For instance. You would think if it’s so good with glare that it would completely eliminate the glare from speaker lights. Doesn’t even come close.

No but it's a huge improvement and the only mod you can easily move from pin and keep when you sell. It's easier to move to another pin that a cup holder.

#449 3 years ago

I don't have an issue with the lair shot. It's certainly challenging but I don't seem to be having as tough a time as others. Conversely, I cant believe nobody else is complaining about how often the lock shot rattles around and pops out. Two things to help with the lair shot: timing the flipper drop to prevent the ball from bouncing out and teeny tiny flipper pulses to get a ball trapped under the flipper to go into the lane.

#450 3 years ago
Quoted from cleanandlevel:now adding to the list... hahaha

Don’t forget Rv’s

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 22.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ballston Spa, NY
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Jacksonville, FL
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

10,500 (OBO)
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 7,000.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Twisted Tokens

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 16.00
$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 7,999.00
$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 12,044 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 241.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-club2020-cowabunga-its-pizza-time/page/9?hl=hookedonpinonics and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.