(Topic ID: 271489)

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Club(Stern 2020): Cowabunga! It’s Pizza Time!

By Tuxedomask23

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,043 posts
  • 828 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 19 hours ago by MrBigg
  • Topic is favorited by 336 Pinsiders

You

Topic poll

“Which model are you going to purchase”

• Pro 285 votes
    50%
  • Premium 166 votes
    29%
  • LE 119 votes
    21%

(570 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240415_084026 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image.png
PXL_20240413_183258513.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_3649 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3648 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5713 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5712 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8262 (resized).jpeg
20240406_124621 (resized).jpg
SystemJPinball.ca_1_TMNT-MenuCard-PremLE-Mean1.1_example-3 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,043 posts in this topic. You are on page 97 of 241.
#4801 3 years ago

I don’t know if others have the same experience but now that I’m starting to nail the shots this is by far my favorite pin in the lineup. I really feel bad for people have gave up on it too quickly or jumped ship for AIQ/gnr

#4802 3 years ago
Quoted from zaki:

anyone own turtles and avengers? if so, which do you like better?

I also own both LEs man I gotta say tough tough call both great different . I prefer the turtles theme so that may give it the edge but game wise it’s a tie.

If talking pro I would go turtles I think you lose less .

#4803 3 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

I don’t know if others have the same experience but now that I’m starting to nail the shots this is by far my favorite pin in the lineup. I really feel bad for people have gave up on it too quickly or jumped ship for AIQ/gnr

I had the exact same experience. My first 20-50 games I wasn’t sold. My next 50 I loved it my next 150 so in the groove and really happy with my purchase

#4804 3 years ago

I tell everybody that plays this to prepare to be frustrated the first 10-20 games before you start to jive with the geometry. It's a lot like BKSoR in that regard.

#4805 3 years ago

Has anyone here fitted mirror blades to their TMNT Pro? I'd love to see a photo. Cheers.

#4806 3 years ago
Quoted from Jadin2rank:

Omg... I loosened the screws holding the bracket around coil. Pushed down a bit as it looked like the post was not dead on center to move freely. Turns out after holding the bracket in the proper position and retightening, the post now moves freely and my ball goes around the orbit for the first time since I’ve owned this machine!!

Glad to hear it was easy. For future reference, this was exactly what I meant when I replied to check if the post was binding up. Sorry I didn't explain it better, but super glad to hear you were able to fix it! Congrats on the machine and your first minor repair!

#4807 3 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Glad to hear it was easy. For future reference, this was exactly what I meant when I replied to check if the post was binding up. Sorry I didn't explain it better, but super glad to hear you were able to fix it! Congrats on the machine and your first minor repair!

Haha thanks man! Kind of feel like a gomer after realizing how simple and easy of a fix it was. Was definitely a sigh of relief once I messed with it and it was not anything major! Thanks everyone for all your help! Especially to shaub who took the time to make a youtube video for me to help me along the process!

#4808 3 years ago
Quoted from Jadin2rank:

Haha thanks man! Kind of feel like a gomer after realizing how simple and easy of a fix it was. Was definitely a sigh of relief once I messed with it and it was not anything major! Thanks everyone for all your help! Especially to shaub who took the time to make a youtube video for me to help me along the process!

Nah congrats on Getting your hands dirty , now you are ready to fix anything that comes your way !

#4809 3 years ago
Quoted from Jadin2rank:

These things are intimidating at first and it's easy for us old timers to forget that. Most issues you run into will likely be along similar lines and you just need to take it one step at a time and have the confidence to dig in. Many times it will become obvious once you start poking around. That's half the fun (usually!).

#4810 3 years ago

Hello guys,
With all this mess around EU tariff I rushed to buy my first pin ever which will be a Nib TMNT pro! Can't wait

I'm a total newbie. Would you mostly recommend a playfield protector?
I plan to buy as well mirror blade (so would like to see one as well ), shaker and the headset port.

#4811 3 years ago
Quoted from bazou:

Hola chicos,
con todo este lío en torno a las tarifas de la UE, me apresuré a comprar mi primer pin que será un profesional de Nib TMNT . No puedo esperar
Soy un novato total. ¿Recomendaría sobre todo un protector de campo de juego?
También planeo comprar una hoja de espejo (así que me gustaría ver una también ), un agitador y el puerto para auriculares.

I am in the same situation, I have tnmt and playfield protector new in box, and I do not know whether to put it on or not, because the ball makes strangers as I have read.
As for the mirror sides, I don't know whether to place them or put side art pictures.

#4812 3 years ago

You will get mixed responses on the play field protectors. Not everyone is a fan.

I have one in my TMNT and have had one one every machine I have ever owned, love them and never had an issue. I like the fact that I can play the hell out of any game and still have a brand new play files underneath.

I have also never noticed any difference in play with one on, other than it plays like a brand new, freshly polished playfield every time.

Either way, welcome to the club and Enjoy!

#4813 3 years ago
Quoted from RetroGamerJP:

Obtendrá respuestas mixtas sobre los protectores del campo de juego. No todo el mundo es fan.
Tengo uno en mi TMNT y he tenido uno en cada máquina que he tenido, las amo y nunca tuve un problema. Me gusta el hecho de que puedo jugar a cualquier juego y todavía tener archivos de reproducción nuevos debajo.
Tampoco he notado ninguna diferencia en el juego con uno encendido, aparte de que juega como un campo de juego nuevo y recién pulido cada vez.
De cualquier manera, bienvenido al club y ¡Disfruta!

Someone has put convolux and side art , pictures for meeeee!!! or other mods is good for this pinball?
'?

#4814 3 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Also the shooter rod rubber should not be touching the ball it should be just short by a gnats willy.
[quoted image]

Looks like that’s one of my issues. The rod is touching the ball and also with the rod pulled out, the autolaucher is still shooting short... so looks like I have 2 things to fix. How should I go about getting the rod to sit away from the ball?

#4815 3 years ago
Quoted from acons017:

Looks like that’s one of my issues. The rod is touching the ball and also with the rod pulled out, the autolaucher is still shooting short... so looks like I have 2 things to fix. How should I go about getting the rod to sit away from the ball?

Adjust the auto launch arms so they are centered on the middle of the ball. If done right, they should push the ball away from the manual plunger. Also make sure the plunger rubber tip is all the way on.

#4816 3 years ago

Had a cracking 79m game today with Donnie such a fun game to play

#4817 3 years ago
Quoted from acons017:

It just looks to me like you don't have the tip pressed all the way on the rod. Try forcing it down harder, or try a different tip. That one may be too fat.

#4818 3 years ago
Quoted from acons017:

As others have said try to push down the rubber tip further. If still touches go back to the original. If still touches and the rubber is pushed in tight it means the outside spring that sits next to your plunger handle may have been flattened or you are missing one of the metal washers.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

The tines of the auto plunger should both be resting on the ball. If not you can try to shift the auto launcher mechanism over or bend one of the forks slightly. Don’t do it too much as that can mean the fork is now shorter on one side. The angle of both forks should be the same.

#4819 3 years ago
Quoted from Bou-Da:

At the end of Stern's last video about Heavy Metal, we can see a TMNT Pro for Canada. It confirms to me what my distributor was telling me. I should receive my TMNT Pro this month. CAN'T WAIT!
[quoted image]

Quelle partie de Québec? Mes parents vie à Sillery.

Welcome to the TMNT family dude. You’ll have a blast! Be sure to download delt31’s code. Makes for such a better game

#4820 3 years ago
Quoted from BaxterStockman:

Closest distributor to me just said the soonest he could get a premium was March. I have a feeling I'll have to go that route even tho I'd love to get an LE but with my standing on Pinside I doubt anyone would sell one to a first time buyer.
March is just so far away!

If it makes you feel better, i got a 6 month wait for my LE
ordered immediately, delivery now scheduled for end of December if all goes well, delivery was expected in 4 months, distributor did not even notify of 2 month delay until i contacted them, now for any new orders its an 8 month wait (at least) after paying deposit.

i can not even buy pre-owned as people rarely ship international,
and its very hard getting shipping company to agree to ship here, as pins are a bit of grey area.

#4821 3 years ago

Hi all.

I have an issue with the lock on my tmnt pro. It seems that the opto is dead. Waiting for the new one, is there a virtual lock in the feature adjustments to continue to play ? I dont find it

Thanks for your help.

Yan

#4822 3 years ago

Saw this, and thought some people with a TMNT might want it for their machine - a Turtles barstool on sale for $30:
https://www.gamestop.com/video-games/arcade/products/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-arcade-stool/11100986.html

#4823 3 years ago
Quoted from Yfichelle:

Hi all.
I have an issue with the lock on my tmnt pro. It seems that the opto is dead. Waiting for the new one, is there a virtual lock in the feature adjustments to continue to play ? I dont find it
Thanks for your help.
Yan

Is the opto dead or mis-aligned? If one side shifts a little, the beam won't make the connection. Did you try loosening them and adjusting while in switch test mode (with the white coin door peg pulled).

#4824 3 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

Saw this, and thought some people with a TMNT might want it for their machine - a Turtles barstool on sale for $30:
https://www.gamestop.com/video-games/arcade/products/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-arcade-stool/11100986.html

It's $30 off. Making it $49.99. Still a great stool and great deal for that price. Have one in front of my TMNT Arcade1up cabinet.

#4825 3 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

Not available

#4826 3 years ago

Played my friends’ AIQ last night - very fun game. Got me thinking though - why didn’t Stern make TMNT allow you to select which episode you play like they did with AIQ’s gem quests? Seems like a far better format and a no brainer to me - it really makes you think and come up with a strategy.

Curious to hear others’ thoughts.

*I realize episodes aren’t entirely random and you can hit the target to rotate through...

#4827 3 years ago
Quoted from ShortCorky:

Played my friends’ AIQ last night - very fun game. Got me thinking though - why didn’t Stern make TMNT allow you to select which episode you play like they did with AIQ’s gem quests? Seems like a far better format and a no brainer to me - it really makes you think and come up with a strategy.
Curious to hear others’ thoughts.
*I realize episodes aren’t entirely random and you can hit the target to rotate through...

I don't really care which mission I get when playing TMNT and I'm not sure there's really anything to be gained if you could pick which one you want.

Rob

#4828 3 years ago
Quoted from ShortCorky:

why didn’t Stern make TMNT allow you to select which episode you play like they did with AIQ’s gem quests? Seems like a far better format and a no brainer to me - it really makes you think and come up with a strategy.

That would be great for the overall gameplay. I don't really see any downside to that change.

#4829 3 years ago

I actually don’t like it when you pick modes in a game. Typically you end up picking the same modes every time which means you miss a bunch of the game and get bored faster.

#4830 3 years ago

Having a strange issue with the glider. It seems to be fidgeting back and forth when the game is in attract mode and while playing. Just lil quick movements back and forth...almost not even noticeable, but you can def hear and feel the lil servo trying to move even though nothing is triggering it. No alerts on the technician panel and the glider is perfectly centered on the test. Any other ideas what could be going on? It still works when using it in game, but appears to be locked out at certain times. I’m guessing this is rule related or should you be able to move the glider during modes like 123 foot or the weapon hurry up. Thanks for any advice

#4831 3 years ago
Quoted from TonLoc777:

Having a strange issue with the glider. It seems to be fidgeting back and forth when the game is in attract mode and while playing. Just lil quick movements back and forth...almost not even noticeable, but you can def hear and feel the lil servo trying to move even though nothing is triggering it. No alerts on the technician panel and the glider is perfectly centered on the test. Any other ideas what could be going on? It still works when using it in game, but appears to be locked out at certain times. I’m guessing this is rule related or should you be able to move the glider during modes like 123 foot or the weapon hurry up. Thanks for any advice

This is the result of Stern using a cheap, inferior servo in production. You can either seek a replacement through your distributor or search this thread for the recommended replacement. If you do choose to replace the servo yourself, you will need to reverse the servo’s direction.

Links to the replacement servo and installation notes are in this thread’s key topics.

#4832 3 years ago
Quoted from TonLoc777:

Your glider servo is bad (either going bad or came that way). Mine did the exact same thing from the start, it was annoying AF! (half the time the jerky glitches would either cause it to not stop the ball, or would cause the ball to get stuck).

You can try reaching out to stern for a replacement or contact your distro but i had no luck with either (I have heard others got replacements though)

I ended up just swapping the servo with a new one I got on amazon (note: you have to reverse the motor). Earlier in the thread we discussed this in more detail: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-club2020-cowabunga-its-pizza-time/page/88#post-5933171

Apparently you can also buy a servo from https://www.servocity.com/ and have them reverse it for you before shipment. If you're near a hobby store that sells RC cars/planes they might be able to help you out there as well. Another note: others have tried reversing cables which did not work well.

#4833 3 years ago

Anyone have feedback on the Mezelmods' Technodrome mod? Easy to install, worth $80? Looks good from pictures.

#4834 3 years ago
Quoted from joelbob:

Typically you end up picking the same modes every time which means you miss a bunch of the game and get bored faster.

Yeah. I guess there is potential for that. I just think you need to make the modes worth playing by properly rewarding them with perks in TUMB and by being good modes in themselves.

#4835 3 years ago
Quoted from PinSinner:

Has anyone here fitted mirror blades to their TMNT Pro? I'd love to see a photo. Cheers.

Mirror blades and a few other mods. Looks really good.

20201106_221817 (resized).jpg20201106_221817 (resized).jpg
#4836 3 years ago
Quoted from Taygeta:

Anyone have feedback on the Mezelmods' Technodrome mod? Easy to install, worth $80? Looks good from pictures.

Installed it last night. Pretty easy until the "slide it down on the posts". Took several tries. Will probably go back in and adjust it again. Looks great. Did the mutegen container at the same time. Really easy install on that one.

#4837 3 years ago

Does anyone with a Pro have issues with bounce outs at the pizza parlor (center captive ball where you start episodes)?

If I have a ball or two locked, anything but a very soft shot will immediately bounce out. No issues if there’s no ball locked, so I’m sure it’s a “Newton’s Cradle” effect. My Star Wars Pro had a similar issue on the Hoth shot at times.

Before I tear the top side of the game apart, has anyone managed to fix this issue? Or does anyone even HAVE this issue?

Apologies if this has been discussed... I’ve been blazing through this thread, but it’s pretty big!

#4838 3 years ago
Quoted from BaxterStockman:

It's $30 off. Making it $49.99. Still a great stool and great deal for that price. Have one in front of my TMNT Arcade1up cabinet.

No, it was only $30 when I posted it. Price has gone up.
https://persistent.slickdeals.net/f/14550686-teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-arcade-stool-vintage-software-gamestop

#4839 3 years ago

Just updated the 1987 code to 1.23 - thanks to oga83 for getting Pinball Browser compatible again!
New videos included for Neutrino Pizza Party (if you can make it there) as well as other updates.

Link to post with code: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tmnt-stern-the-1987-code

Enjoy

PXL_20201111_211800078 (resized).jpgPXL_20201111_211800078 (resized).jpg
#4840 3 years ago
Quoted from PinSinner:

I fitted them on my premium. It looks good but the playfield is too busy for them to really have an impact. Would recommend art blades instead. I think it would suit the game better.

04FE12D5-3342-49A0-BC3A-87053401F320 (resized).jpeg04FE12D5-3342-49A0-BC3A-87053401F320 (resized).jpeg3E75BE09-3B7B-4342-A65F-864221797A4C (resized).jpeg3E75BE09-3B7B-4342-A65F-864221797A4C (resized).jpeg5C481F90-E089-43DA-935C-68BB0EEB6173 (resized).jpeg5C481F90-E089-43DA-935C-68BB0EEB6173 (resized).jpegE1DD8938-6A2C-4A2E-8407-FC2A7B798916 (resized).jpegE1DD8938-6A2C-4A2E-8407-FC2A7B798916 (resized).jpeg
#4841 3 years ago
Quoted from CKrueger:

Does anyone with a Pro have issues with bounce outs at the pizza parlor (center captive ball where you start episodes)?
If I have a ball or two locked, anything but a very soft shot will immediately bounce out. No issues if there’s no ball locked, so I’m sure it’s a “Newton’s Cradle” effect. My Star Wars Pro had a similar issue on the Hoth shot at times.
Before I tear the top side of the game apart, has anyone managed to fix this issue? Or does anyone even HAVE this issue?
Apologies if this has been discussed... I’ve been blazing through this thread, but it’s pretty big!

Never had this happen. Pitch? Mine is 6.5 level side to side.

#4842 3 years ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

Just updated the 1987 code to 1.23 - thanks to oga83 for getting Pinball Browser compatible again!
New videos included for Neutrino Pizza Party (if you can make it there) as well as other updates.
Link to post with code: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tmnt-stern-the-1987-code
Enjoy [quoted image]

Awesome!! So is this the version with both the video clips and the custom audio from delt31? Hoping to update for my premium : )

#4843 3 years ago
Quoted from TonLoc777:

Awesome!! So is this the version with both the video clips and the custom audio from delt31? Hoping to update for my premium : )

This is the version without the custom audio mix from @delt31.
I saw delt31 say somewhere he plans on getting his version with the 1987 code done in the next week.

#4844 3 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I don't really care which mission I get when playing TMNT and I'm not sure there's really anything to be gained if you could pick which one you want.
Rob

I’m thinking it would be nice for Team Up where you get perks for beating episodes - for example, Team Up is easier if you start with “Rescue Any”

#4845 3 years ago
Quoted from acons017:

I fitted them on my premium. It looks good but the playfield is too busy for them to really have an impact. Would recommend art blades instead. I think it would suit the game better.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks very much for the pics. Much appreciated.

Quoted from smokinhos:

Mirror blades and a few other mods. Looks really good.
[quoted image]

Love the green speaker lights!

#4846 3 years ago
Quoted from acons017:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I just put some new Titans on the front half of my machine but didn’t want to tackle the back yet. Did you have to take out the ramps to get the all the rubbers in the back?

#4847 3 years ago
Quoted from ShortCorky:

I’m thinking it would be nice for Team Up where you get perks for beating episodes - for example, Team Up is easier if you start with “Rescue Any”

Very important to make all of the TUMB perks worth collecting so none are just throwaways. Some are clearly better than others so why wouldn't you get those? I want the episodes easily player selectable but the TUMB perks would probably need to be balanced I think.

#4848 3 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

I also own both LEs man I gotta say tough tough call both great different . I prefer the turtles theme so that may give it the edge but game wise it’s a tie.
If talking pro I would go turtles I think you lose less .

Same for me…they are both fantastic games. I might hand it to turtles if I had to pick, but luckily I don’t right now.

#4849 3 years ago

For the TMNT Pro: There’s some nice hidden details on the front of the TMNT Van. So here it is repositioned! It’s a perfect fit, and reveals more terrific art by Zombie Yeti.

3F17897D-D930-483F-9D7A-270B24DC6908 (resized).jpeg3F17897D-D930-483F-9D7A-270B24DC6908 (resized).jpeg86C63245-1330-42EB-B3E0-1ECF55D38139 (resized).jpeg86C63245-1330-42EB-B3E0-1ECF55D38139 (resized).jpeg8F17D0F3-9E0B-4298-A2C2-93199121057D (resized).jpeg8F17D0F3-9E0B-4298-A2C2-93199121057D (resized).jpeg
#4850 3 years ago

Has anyone bought the Stern topper for $1000?

If You did are You happy with it???

Thanks!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ballston Spa, NY
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Twisted Tokens

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 3.49
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 16.00
$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tualatin, OR
Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
$ 7,000.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 7,999.00
$ 22.00
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 23.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

There are 12,043 posts in this topic. You are on page 97 of 241.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-club2020-cowabunga-its-pizza-time/page/97 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.