(Topic ID: 271489)

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Club(Stern 2020): Cowabunga! It’s Pizza Time!

By Tuxedomask23

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Topic poll

“Which model are you going to purchase”

• Pro 285 votes
    50%
  • Premium 166 votes
    29%
  • LE 119 votes
    21%

(570 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_5963 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5968 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5969 (resized).jpeg
turtles (resized).jpg
IMG_3566 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240316_051625591 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240316_034508453 (resized).jpg
IMG_3277 (resized).JPG
20240308_213544 (resized).jpg
20240308_211320 (resized).jpg
20240308_211805 (resized).jpg
20240215_093714 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
1EB20A79-521C-4BEB-AAA6-F2E7D64EE9D1 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,972 posts in this topic. You are on page 96 of 240.
#4751 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Your auto-launch forks need to be centered on the ball. Currently only the left side is making contact at rest. The right side is off the ball when it's served up to the shooter lane waiting for launch. Start there.[quoted image]

Also the shooter rod rubber should not be touching the ball it should be just short by a gnats willy.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#4752 3 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Also the shooter rod rubber should not be touching the ball it should be just short by a gnats willy.
[quoted image]

Yes, that can rob the auto-launch of some power, too. Looks like the tip was changed. Probably just not pushed all the way onto the rod.

#4753 3 years ago

Noticed something weird today. Not sure if it’s intended. I was having a really great turtle power multiball when pizza eating comp was made ready. Suddenly the music changes and all MB music and call outs are replaced by the pizza eating challenge music. Wondering if this challenge should wait and not interrupt the MB or is this intended so that the button mashing can happen whilst multiball is happening?

#4754 3 years ago
Quoted from RikeIsland:

Not sure if it’s my pizza spinner or not but ever so often I shoot the pizza parlor and it doesn’t register the ball. Could this be due to the ball catching some air or maybe a bad switch?

I used to have this problem and it seemed to just go away, I figured a code update fixed it at some point, are you up to date? It didn't make sense for it to be jumping the switches AND the post at the end.

#4755 3 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Noticed something weird today. Not sure if it’s intended. I was having a really great turtle power multiball when pizza eating comp was made ready. Suddenly the music changes and all MB music and call outs are replaced by the pizza eating challenge music. Wondering if this challenge should wait and not interrupt the MB or is this intended so that the button mashing can happen whilst multiball is happening?

Pretty sure that’s intended. I’ve had it happen many times.

#4756 3 years ago

Thanks. Most times pizza eating happens for me between episodes.

#4757 3 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

I used to have this problem and it seemed to just go away, I figured a code update fixed it at some point, are you up to date? It didn't make sense for it to be jumping the switches AND the post at the end.

I haven’t updated to the latest code. I will try that this weekend. Thanks.

#4758 3 years ago

Suggestion for next code update: Experienced an issue with new Neutrinos mode interacting with 123 foot last night. Lit the new Neutrinos mode and hit both Dimension X targets, Raph shot was lit to start mode. Then 123 foot was activated. Neutrinos mode timer kept going and timed me out while stuck in 123 foot. Would be ideal if either 123 foot were disabled once Neutrinos mode activated, or that Neutrinos shot at Raph ramp stays lit even if 123 foot does activate. Thanks!

#4759 3 years ago

How do you start neutrino mode do you have to complete level 3 ?

#4760 3 years ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

Suggestion for next code update: Experienced an issue with new Neutrinos mode interacting with 123 foot last night. Lit the new Neutrinos mode and hit both Dimension X targets, Raph shot was lit to start mode. Then 123 foot was activated. Neutrinos mode timer kept going and timed me out while stuck in 123 foot. Would be ideal if either 123 foot were disabled once Neutrinos mode activated, or that Neutrinos shot at Raph ramp stays lit even if 123 foot does activate. Thanks!

I am pretty sure I saw in setting you could disable 123 foot during modes. This might help for now.

#4761 3 years ago

123 foot is super satisfying when you mail it , but super annoying when you start it and it just takes over

#4762 3 years ago

Has anyone with the new stern shooter rod been able to make it more reliable ? Seems it’s a hair too short and only makes it around the ramp half the time . I know others had the issue but I did not see a solution .

#4763 3 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Has anyone with the new stern shooter rod been able to make it more reliable ? Seems it’s a hair too short and only makes it around the ramp half the time . I know others had the issue but I did not see a solution .

No solution yet here

#4764 3 years ago

I finally made it to Final Battle. Made it to phase 3 and I think I almost beat it. Next step is to make it to Cowabunga. All I needed for that was the Triple Mondo Jackpot and the Weapon Hurryup. This game is addicting!

#4765 3 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

I finally made it to Final Battle. Made it to phase 3 and I think I almost beat it. Next step is to make it to Cowabunga. All I needed for that was the Triple Mondo Jackpot and the Weapon Hurryup. This game is addicting!

Once shots are learned, it becomes a shooters dream. PF is so loaded with so many interesting shots. Hard to beat the TMNT pinball experience.

#4766 3 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Are you sure it was pizza eating? You can't earn pizza slices from target hits during TPMB and I'm not sure picto pops awards any either? However you can start weapon or april hurry ups and that will change the music.

Rob

#4767 3 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

123 foot is super satisfying when you mail it , but super annoying when you start it and it just takes over

The left inlane can extend the timer indefinitely too.

Rob

#4768 3 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Are you sure it was pizza eating? You can't earn pizza slices from target hits during TPMB and I'm not sure picto pops awards any either? However you can start weapon or april hurry ups and that will change the music.
Rob

I’ll check. It was that music that starts whilst it’s waiting for you to hit the pizza slice one more time. I’ve had the April hurry up happen and that doesn’t interrupt things as much. Thanks for getting back to me.

#4769 3 years ago

Has anyone heard anything about when stern will be doing the next run of premiums?

#4770 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead306:

Has anyone heard anything about when stern will be doing the next run of premiums?

Zach at Flip N Out told me late November. I placed an order for one in early September.

#4771 3 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

I sometimes actively try to start 123 foot so I don’t go into turtles multiball so I can get to another mode! So it’s definitely helpful sometimes like weapons stop multiball progress I like that part of it

#4772 3 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

How do you start neutrino mode do you have to complete level 3 ?

That’s a great question I got past level 3 and then had no clue as to how to start to either

#4773 3 years ago
Quoted from Audioenslaved:

That’s a great question I got past level 3 and then had no clue as to how to start to either

i think you have to complete level 3.
Then on the left ramp you need to shoot the X-posts left and right of the ramp.
When this is done shot the left ramp.
This should start the mode.

#4774 3 years ago

I sometimes actively try to start 123 foot so I don’t go into turtles multiball so I can get to another mode! So it’s definitely helpful sometimes like weapons stop multiball progress I like that part of it

This is good fucking intel. Never thought of that! Makes Donatello a more legit turtle to pick.

#4775 3 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

I wish there was an abort where you could hit the action button within 1 second of starting 1-2-3 Foot to cancel the mode and save it for later. This way it wouldn't let 1-2-3 get in the way of your current strategy.

#4776 3 years ago

I was doing the last night with Don, I agree with the above post would be cool if there was a way to turn this off or on. Its a great mode and I like the strategy of using it, but also sometimes it just gets in the way and I get sick of the music LOL

#4777 3 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Did you read the replies you got on the thread you started a few days ago and did you check to see if your post coil is working and the post is not jammed?
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tmnt-stern-pro-outside-orbit-shot

Man this is my first pinball ive ever owned, do not know really how to test the coil/ see if a post is jammed. Can you point me in the right direction, any pointers helps. Thank you, next little while will be quite the learning curve.

#4778 3 years ago
Quoted from Jadin2rank:

Man this is my first pinball ive ever owned, do not know really how to test the coil/ see if a post is jammed. Can you point me in the right direction, any pointers helps.

Do you know how to remove the glass and lift the playfield? I'll send you a PM with a link to a video showing what to check.

#4779 3 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

I wish there was an abort where you could hit the action button within 1 second of starting 1-2-3 Foot to cancel the mode and save it for later. This way it wouldn't let 1-2-3 get in the way of your current strategy.

Maybe it's just better to get Foot123 out of the way early in the game. I think Picto Pops can relight it though...

Rob

#4780 3 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Maybe it's just better to get Foot123

I want to be able to build it's value though, so I always try to avoid hitting that 3rd shot so it will relight each ball. I still think allowing the flippers to turn the inlane on/off and also having a way to purposely re-light it would make it a better feature overall though.

#4781 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead306:

Closest distributor to me just said the soonest he could get a premium was March. I have a feeling I'll have to go that route even tho I'd love to get an LE but with my standing on Pinside I doubt anyone would sell one to a first time buyer.

March is just so far away!

#4782 3 years ago
Quoted from Jadin2rank:

Man this is my first pinball ive ever owned, do not know really how to test the coil/ see if a post is jammed. Can you point me in the right direction, any pointers helps. Thank you, next little while will be quite the learning curve.

Open the coin door while game is on. Go into menu by pushing black button 2x on inside of coin door. Go into Diag with black button. Push right red button one time to go over to Coil and push black button to enter Coil. Push black button again to go into Test. Game will tell you 48v is disabled because coin door is open. Close coin door. Push flipper button until get to #19 up post. Push start button and you should hear the up post coming up and down if its working properly. To exit all this just open coin door and push green button until back in normal game. Let us know what happens and if its not working going to have to take glass off and make it so balls dont fall out when you stand the playfield up so can take pictures of wiring of your coil but lets just hope it works during testing.

#4783 3 years ago

At the end of Stern's last video about Heavy Metal, we can see a TMNT Pro for Canada. It confirms to me what my distributor was telling me. I should receive my TMNT Pro this month. CAN'T WAIT!

124756898_668082337402807_660438857990270200_n (resized).png124756898_668082337402807_660438857990270200_n (resized).png

#4784 3 years ago

anyone own turtles and avengers? if so, which do you like better?

#4785 3 years ago
Quoted from zaki:

I've had both - only the Pros, mind you, but at this point I had more fun with TMNT. Both would be great choices, I just felt less grindy-ness with TMNT. But adjusting to the speed of that center ramp shot is brutal.

#4786 3 years ago

I have the LE's. Both are great but I prefer Avengers. Turtles just doesn't leave me feeling like I want more. Avengers has me wanting another game and keeps me entertained a little more.

Quoted from zaki:

20201111_124410 (resized).jpg20201111_124410 (resized).jpg
#4787 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I've had both - only the Pros, mind you, but at this point I had more fun with TMNT. Both would be great choices, I just felt less grindy-ness with TMNT. But adjusting to the speed of that center ramp shot is brutal.

That’s part of the fun trying to smash that shot! It’s so hard as most of the shots to get to the upper left flipper are FAST!! I’ve been contemplating an AIQLE but am unsure. Turtles is definitely a winner super happy I got it

#4788 3 years ago
Quoted from Cdonnerusmc:

I have the LE's. Both are great but I prefer Avengers. Turtles just doesn't leave me feeling like I want more. Avengers has me wanting another game and keeps me entertained a little more.
[quoted image]

Sweet lineup. Lots of fond memories with that turtles arcade.

Sorry for asking something outside club but considering next pin. What do you prefer EHOH or JP?

#4789 3 years ago
Quoted from BaxterStockman:

Closest distributor to me just said the soonest he could get a premium was March. I have a feeling I'll have to go that route even tho I'd love to get an LE but with my standing on Pinside I doubt anyone would sell one to a first time buyer.
March is just so far away!

If you can find one within driving distance, "cash on the glass" will never get turned down regardless of limited pinside history. Be an active pinsider, make posts, ask questions, be helpful and you will build a good history quickly. IMHO, selling a game is more about the seller's history, but buying (for me at least) not as much as long as the payment details lack sketchy-ness

#4790 3 years ago
Quoted from arcadenerd925:

If you can find one within driving distance, "cash on the glass" will never get turned down regardless of limited pinside history. Be an active pinsider, make posts, ask questions, be helpful and you will build a good history quickly. IMHO, selling a game is more about the seller's history, but buying (for me at least) not as much as long as the payment details lack sketchy-ness

That's my problem living where I do. Basically no games near me (<800 miles) and definitely no games that I want.

#4791 3 years ago

That's my problem living where I do. Basically no games near me (<800 miles) and definitely no games that I want.

Could be worse AIQ is just about to land in Australia with limited going on site and the next stern title is about to drop good ole first world problems

#4792 3 years ago

Why not these guys? Advertising a Premium and says same day shipping...
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/104505

This dealer's advertising a NIB Prem in nebraska:
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/101851

Of a private LE still on the pallet:
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/103948
(should be able to get it with a bank wire transfer)

#4793 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Why not these guys? Advertising a Premium and says same day shipping...
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/104505
This dealer's advertising a NIB Prem in nebraska:
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/101851
Of a private LE still on the pallet:
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/103948
(should be able to get it with a bank wire transfer)

Those are all avengers.

#4794 3 years ago

Jp over Elvira HOH. But Elvira is amazing as well!

Quoted from gumnut01:

Sweet lineup. Lots of fond memories with that turtles arcade.
Sorry for asking something outside club but considering next pin. What do you prefer EHOH or JP?

#4795 3 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Open the coin door while game is on. Go into menu by pushing black button 2x on inside of coin door. Go into Diag with black button. Push right red button one time to go over to Coil and push black button to enter Coil. Push black button again to go into Test. Game will tell you 48v is disabled because coin door is open. Close coin door. Push flipper button until get to #19 up post. Push start button and you should hear the up post coming up and down if its working properly. To exit all this just open coin door and push green button until back in normal game. Let us know what happens and if its not working going to have to take glass off and make it so balls dont fall out when you stand the playfield up so can take pictures of wiring of your coil but lets just hope it works during testing.

So after a failed test.. I lifted the play field and it’s like the coil is stiff, if I physically bring the metal part with the spring up it stays up and Visé versa.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#4796 3 years ago

Those are all avengers.

Haha. That's what I get for jumping back and forth between threads.

Here's a TMNT Prem from the Flipper Fidelity guy...

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/104768
(should be able to get this using a bank wire transfer if he'll ship)

This TMNT LE SAYS no shipping, but if you do White Glove legs on service with Michelle he'd have to do nothing, you'd handle it all:
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/104021

Another TMNT LE that says no shipping that probably would be attainable with the white glove legs-on no-hassle shipping:
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/103563

You can get a shipping quote for the legs-on white glove shipping here:
Michelle Bianchi
63O-344-3O93 Cell

If you do the legs-on white glove, you have to remind the local carrier to bring the leg protectors (cardboard Ls), blankets and shrink wrap TO THE PICKUP. Make them wrap it in front of the person selling it and have them document it with some cell phone pics at various points as it's wrapped. I've done this legs on white glove as a seller and a buyer probably 10x now and NONE have arrived with issues, but you have to make sure it leaves the seller wrapped properly. Do that and you'll be playing this in your home in 2-3 weeks.

#4797 3 years ago
Quoted from Jadin2rank:

So after a failed test.. I lifted the play field and it’s like the coil is stiff, if I physically bring the metal part with the spring up it stays up and Visé versa. [quoted image][quoted image]

That gray wire seems to have a LOT of tension on it. Might be tweaking the coil. Try disconnecting the wires and see if the coil moves freely.

#4798 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

That gray wire seems to have a LOT of tension on it. Might be tweaking the coil. Try disconnecting the wires and see if the coil moves freely.

Omg... I loosened the screws holding the bracket around coil. Pushed down a bit as it looked like the post was not dead on center to move freely. Turns out after holding the bracket in the proper position and retightening, the post now moves freely and my ball goes around the orbit for the first time since I’ve owned this machine!!

#4799 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Haha. That's what I get for jumping back and forth between threads.
Here's a TMNT Prem from the Flipper Fidelity guy...
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/104768
(should be able to get this using a bank wire transfer if he'll ship)
This TMNT LE SAYS no shipping, but if you do White Glove legs on service with Michelle he'd have to do nothing, you'd handle it all:
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/104021
Another TMNT LE that says no shipping that probably would be attainable with the white glove legs-on no-hassle shipping:
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/103563
You can get a shipping quote for the legs-on white glove shipping here:
Michelle Bianchi
63O-344-3O93 Cell
If you do the legs-on white glove, you have to remind the local carrier to bring the leg protectors (cardboard Ls), blankets and shrink wrap TO THE PICKUP. Make them wrap it in front of the person selling it and have them document it with some cell phone pics at various points as it's wrapped. I've done this legs on white glove as a seller and a buyer probably 10x now and NONE have arrived with issues, but you have to make sure it leaves the seller wrapped properly. Do that and you'll be playing this in your home in 2-3 weeks.

Thanks for all the info. You're too kind. Had to do some googling on what white glove shipping is. The legs on shipping sounded interesting, but if you swear by it I trust you.

Messaged one seller to see if they'd consider it.

And would you recommend escrow.com for the transaction?

#4800 3 years ago

Thanks for all the info. You're too kind. Had to do some googling on what white glove shipping is. The legs on shipping sounded interesting, but if you swear by it I trust you.
Messaged one seller to see if they'd consider it.
And would you recommend escrow.com for the transaction?

No. In your case with almost no cred built up here yet, you have to trust but verify the seller because it's not an even situation reputationally. How long have they been on pinside? How active are they? What's their pinside feedback from other sales?

I'd do a bank wire transfer once you've done your homework on the seller, which will put them at ease dealing with you. In literally every case where I wanted a "no shipping" pin, they still went for the white glove legs on shipping service I set up anyway because they didn't have to do anything except take some pictures as the pin was being wrapped for them.

And once the sale is complete, ask for feedback from the seller and leave them feedback as a buyer to start building your pinside cred for future sales/purchases.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 39.00
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Midland, MI
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 300.00
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Hardware
Pinball Haven
Hardware
6,000 (OBO)
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 22.00
Playfield - Other
System-J
Other
7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bethlehem, PA
$ 75.00
Lighting - Backbox
arcade-cabinets.com
Backbox
$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations
Other
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Fountain Hills, AZ
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 11,972 posts in this topic. You are on page 96 of 240.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-club2020-cowabunga-its-pizza-time/page/96?hl=chalkey and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.