(Topic ID: 271489)

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Club(Stern 2020): Cowabunga! It’s Pizza Time!

By Tuxedomask23

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,044 posts
  • 828 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 13 hours ago by Afty86
  • Topic is favorited by 335 Pinsiders

You

Topic poll

“Which model are you going to purchase”

• Pro 285 votes
    50%
  • Premium 166 votes
    29%
  • LE 119 votes
    21%

(570 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240415_084026 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image.png
PXL_20240413_183258513.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_3649 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3648 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5713 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5712 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8262 (resized).jpeg
20240406_124621 (resized).jpg
SystemJPinball.ca_1_TMNT-MenuCard-PremLE-Mean1.1_example-3 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,044 posts in this topic. You are on page 95 of 241.
#4701 3 years ago

Check out post #567. I think Robert Stone could help you with your question re. LE color

#4702 3 years ago
Quoted from spidey:

Center ramp problem solved!
I was having lots of center ramp shots not registering. I tried tape over half the holes, didn't help. Finally appear to have it fixed by adjusting the position of the optos. Each opto is mounted with 2 screws. I just loosened them and rotated the optos as much as I could so they would better face each other.
[quoted image]

I'm going to have to do something with my LE because it has the same problem. However, it only happens on FAST shots up the center ramp. Maybe a ramp cover would help also.

Rob

#4703 3 years ago

Sometimes at the beginning of pizza multiball, the van is opening its door and dumping the three balls inside in addition to the normal balls. I would say it happens about a third of the time. Anyone else experience this? I am assuming this is not supposed to be happening.

#4704 3 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I'm going to have to do something with my LE because it has the same problem. However, it only happens on FAST shots up the center ramp. Maybe a ramp cover would help also.
Rob

I posted the blueprint a while back. Solves the problem. I know the ball gets airborne because it used to hit the bottom of the up-down stopper which the pro has instead of the glider. Now it never hits and always registers. I also sent it to stern via my distro.

#4705 3 years ago
Quoted from daley:

Sometimes at the beginning of pizza multiball, the van is opening its door and dumping the three balls inside in addition to the normal balls. I would say it happens about a third of the time. Anyone else experience this? I am assuming this is not supposed to be happening.

Mine does that sometimes. I think its the ball count. The pizza multiball count i think depends on the pizza toppings

#4706 3 years ago
Quoted from daley:

If you have gummy bears as a pizza topping you get an extra ball per gummy bear topping that’s why it might be dumping balls from the van

#4707 3 years ago

anyone done any color of armor other than the green? not airbrush.

#4708 3 years ago
Quoted from GoldenOreos:

I did this to my gb no airbrush or powder coat. Vinyl wrap!! Looks incredible! Holding up fine so far as well

5200D44F-52CA-46D9-8FE1-858B399641B1 (resized).jpeg5200D44F-52CA-46D9-8FE1-858B399641B1 (resized).jpeg88346945-6344-43D1-A116-D48790C42581 (resized).jpeg88346945-6344-43D1-A116-D48790C42581 (resized).jpegBE3D7D75-51E8-4AA2-8BA1-2F8C974278E2 (resized).jpegBE3D7D75-51E8-4AA2-8BA1-2F8C974278E2 (resized).jpegC2CFAFDA-DE3A-4947-BD0A-80153D228AB2 (resized).jpegC2CFAFDA-DE3A-4947-BD0A-80153D228AB2 (resized).jpeg
#4709 3 years ago

Is pro good enough (eg Iron Maiden) or premium needed (eg Ghostbusters)?

#4710 3 years ago
Quoted from pninja005:

Is pro good enough (eg Iron Maiden) or premium needed (eg Ghostbusters)?

Pro for sure. Even the ratings on the pro are slightly higher than the Prem/LE

#4711 3 years ago

Playing around with my new 3D printer. Attempting to make a ooze container drink holder

AC7832EC-6917-49E8-AF71-0B7438DB97F7 (resized).jpegAC7832EC-6917-49E8-AF71-0B7438DB97F7 (resized).jpeg
#4712 3 years ago
Quoted from billrz:

I did this to my gb no airbrush or powder coat. Vinyl wrap!! Looks incredible! Holding up fine so far as well
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

What did something like that cost if you dont mind me asking

#4713 3 years ago
Quoted from billrz:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I never thought about doing that what a great option that we have now without having to permanently change the color to our armor. Like the guy before me how much does this cost?

#4714 3 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

I never thought about doing that what a great option that we have now without having to permanently change the color to our armor. Like the guy before me how much does this cost?

Just a word of caution that, in my experience, peeling *old* vinyl off of metal - even glossy metal - is a HUGE pain in the ass. It does not come off in one go as you might expect. You will either be picking at it for hours/days in tiny fingernail-sized pieces or you will need a heat gun (and some earnest praying) to maybe soften it up to pull it off in slightly larger 1/4 inch pieces.

#4715 3 years ago
Quoted from GoldenOreos:

I was thinking of doing a darker color like a dark blue or dark purple. I think it would great against the artwork on the cabinet. I like the green as well but was hoping for something different and a bit more subtle.

#4716 3 years ago

Hey guys,

Posted this issue before and got some tips, but I’m still running into the same issue. Both multiballs seem to run long because the auto launcher is not able to feed to turtle van. Balls intended to feed the turtle van during multiball launch halfway up the ramp and come back into play instead. This happens time to time at the start of a ball too but much more frequent during multiballs.

Few things I’ve tried:
1. Checked the autokicker to ensure that it doesn’t snag on anything
2. Tightened the screws of the auto kicker (they were already very tight)
3. Made sure the roll over switch went down when a ball rolled over it.
4. Waxed the wood at the launcher and also waxed the metal/plastic ramp
5. Tried increasing/decreasing the strength of the auto launcher - still happens

I did replace the launcher knob/rod and installed PinMonk’s turtle select bracket. Only mods I’ve made on that side of the machine.

Any additional help would be great. I want to enjoy the game but this so unbalanced it’s taking away from my enjoyment. Thanks in advance.

#4717 3 years ago

Made edit

#4718 3 years ago
Quoted from acons017:

Hey guys,
Posted this issue before and got some tips, but I’m still running into the same issue. Both multiballs seem to run long because the auto launcher is not able to feed to turtle van. Balls intended to feed the turtle van during multiball launch halfway up the ramp and come back into play instead. This happens time to time at the start of a ball too but much more frequent during multiballs.
Few things I’ve tried:
5. Tried increasing/decreasing the strength of the auto launcher - still happens
I did replace the launcher knob/rod and installed PinMonk’s turtle select bracket. Only mods I’ve made on that side of the machine.
Any additional help would be great. I want to enjoy the game but this so unbalanced it’s taking away from my enjoyment. Thanks in advance.

Slow-mo film your launch. I would bet your ball isn't shooting straight and is bouncing off the side of the shooter lane one or more times on its way out.

#4719 3 years ago
Quoted from GoldenOreos:

Put a red armor going for the Raphael LE
Also completed the topper all the parts came in added some RGB to give it a light show, no interaction unfortunately. Was hoping to figure out how to tap into the flasher but not to sure. Let me know what you guys think.

1953BAFF-B83B-4D0C-B140-B05A9CDA7EAE (resized).jpeg1953BAFF-B83B-4D0C-B140-B05A9CDA7EAE (resized).jpeg3C073D90-7725-4BE7-9E5F-D08D3D3B7722 (resized).jpeg3C073D90-7725-4BE7-9E5F-D08D3D3B7722 (resized).jpegBD324D8A-6C3C-4976-966B-DD7DC45DFE7F (resized).jpegBD324D8A-6C3C-4976-966B-DD7DC45DFE7F (resized).jpeg
#4720 3 years ago
Quoted from Audioenslaved:

If you have gummy bears as a pizza topping you get an extra ball per gummy bear topping that’s why it might be dumping balls from the van

Yup 3 or more gummy bears will dump the van

#4721 3 years ago
Quoted from Blackzarak:

Put a red armor going for the Raphael LE
Also completed the topper all the parts came in added some RGB to give it a light show, no interaction unfortunately. Was hoping to figure out how to tap into the flasher but not to sure. Let me know what you guys think. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I like how the red came out. I am contemplating doing purple myself but still going back and forth.

#4722 3 years ago

I like the slo-mo video idea suggested above. Any chance the distributor you bought it from can assist on-site?

#4723 3 years ago
Quoted from acons017:

Hey guys,
Few things I’ve tried:

I would remove the turtle select bracket all together so you can have a clean, unobstructed view of the ramp and see of the balls still have the same issue. Perhaps there is some way you reassembled the Turtle Select Bracket and associated parts that's creating friction for the ball as it passes underneath. If it works with the bracket removed, that should help you identify the issue when you reassemble.

#4724 3 years ago

If someone in the club would be willing to take a few pictures for me, and possibly a couple of short videos, I would send you a set of these cards for free for your efforts......

#4725 3 years ago
Quoted from arcadenerd925:

I like how the red came out. I am contemplating doing purple myself but still going back and forth.

i have ordered an LE, but was not too fond of the green when i seen it, hope it grows on me, it would have been nice if Stern done the legs a different colour for each turtle, i might try vinyl like that if cost is not silly where i am, or might take the subtle option and just colour the nuts on each leg for each turtle, the good thing with vinyl wrap is you could also get it printed with any design you want, i think purple would look great on premium or pro

#4726 3 years ago
Quoted from Yobits:

i have ordered an LE, but was not too fond of the green when i seen it, hope it grows on me, it would have been nice if Stern done the legs a different colour for each turtle, i might try vinyl like that if cost is not silly where i am, or might take the subtle option and just colour the nuts on each leg for each turtle, the good thing with vinyl wrap is you could also get it printed with any design you want, i think purple would look great on premium or pro

Once you get it in your home, the LE green armor with metal fleck is beautiful and right on the money for the TMNT franchise.

#4727 3 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

If someone in the club would be willing to take a few pictures for me, and possibly a couple of short videos, I would send you a set of these cards for free for your efforts......

PM sent.

#4728 3 years ago
Quoted from acons017:

Hey guys,

Having the same issue here. This only started for me after upgrading to 1.23 from 1.21. I'm half wondering if it isn't the software modulating the auto plunge strength to prevent misloading of balls and clogging the upper left flipper during hectic multi balls. I don't think I've ever experienced the weak autoplunge outside of multi ball. And NEVER prior to 1.23.

#4729 3 years ago

Hey everybody! So I have owned my Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles for about a month or so now, and after watching Deadflips stream on the new code the other night, I realized his outside orbit shots were connected and it flowed great. I looked into my machine and realized that I have a stop post in the dead center of the outside orbit loop, so obviously that was why every time i shoot the left orbit, it comes right back down. Along with the right orbit always going to the pop bumpers. Now to get to the point, is there anyway I can do anything so that my pro would have a complete outside orbit loop (Like a way to keep that post down)? I just find that it plays with a lot more flow when games have a completely connected outside orbit. Any sort of help or advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

#4730 3 years ago
Quoted from Jadin2rank:

Hey everybody! So I have owned my Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles for about a month or so now, and after watching Deadflips stream on the new code the other night, I realized his outside orbit shots were connected and it flowed great. I looked into my machine and realized that I have a stop post in the dead center of the outside orbit loop, so obviously that was why every time i shoot the left orbit, it comes right back down. Along with the right orbit always going to the pop bumpers. Now to get to the point, is there anyway I can do anything so that my pro would have a complete outside orbit loop (Like a way to keep that post down)? I just find that it plays with a lot more flow when games have a completely connected outside orbit. Any sort of help or advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Some games have a setting that allows you to disable the up posts but personally I wouldn't do that. It's there so you can shoot the left orbit then the ball will feed nicely back to the upper flipper so you can have a better chance at hitting the center loop or center ramp.

#4731 3 years ago
Quoted from Jadin2rank:

We are fairly new to pinball also. TMNT was our first table. We were surprised to see people plunging all the way around the orbit during the Stern TMNT heads up invitational. It was on that stream that we learned that if you hold the left flipper when plunging it will allow you to go all the way around the orbit. Though we don't actually do it that much as we prefer to go through the pops to see if we can match 3 and get something good. But, hold the left flipper when plunging and the post won't come up.

#4732 3 years ago
Quoted from Jadin2rank:

Regarding the left orbit shot, if there is something lit on the center loop or center ramp then the post at the left orbit will always be up. It is to set up your shot to that loop and ramp. When there is nothing happening on those two shots then the left orbit is a full orbit. The right orbit I believe is the exact opposite in that if you are not in a mode or have any hurry up, the post will be up causing your ball to drop into the pop bumpers. So it all depends what is going on in the game that determines how the orbits work. The game is perfect for this for the orbits will always feed to your upper flipper if it is needed. In summary, if you have anything lit on center loop and center ramp the left and right orbits will feed to the upper flipper as needed. If there is nothing going on then the left orbit will fully go around and the right orbit will drop your ball into the pop bumpers.

#4733 3 years ago
Quoted from Jadin2rank:

Did you read the replies you got on the thread you started a few days ago and did you check to see if your post coil is working and the post is not jammed?
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tmnt-stern-pro-outside-orbit-shot

#4734 3 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

Ya. So far so good. I had to buy an entire roll of the pink. It cost $160 but my buddy wrapped it for free he wraps super high end cars, and is very good at it.
And it comes off very easily once ya start the peeling. I wrapped another lockdown bar and played for a week or 2 , didn’t like the color, peeled it off in like 8 large pieces . The wrap would generally cost about $40-$60 if it wasn’t a rare color and an entire roll .

Quoted from plasticbugs:

Just a word of caution that, in my experience, peeling *old* vinyl off of metal - even glossy metal - is a HUGE pain in the ass. It does not come off in one go as you might expect. You will either be picking at it for hours/days in tiny fingernail-sized pieces or you will need a heat gun (and some earnest praying) to maybe soften it up to pull it off in slightly larger 1/4 inch pieces.

#4735 3 years ago

well after seeing this vinyl a few of you have done, i bought some to try out. looks good and is surprisingly not to complicated to do.

20201110_154308 (resized).jpg20201110_154308 (resized).jpg20201110_154342 (resized).jpg20201110_154342 (resized).jpg
#4736 3 years ago

Not sure if it’s my pizza spinner or not but ever so often I shoot the pizza parlor and it doesn’t register the ball. Could this be due to the ball catching some air or maybe a bad switch?

#4737 3 years ago

Y'all are freaking me out with this vinyl. If you leave it on there for more than 6 or 8 months, the vinyl loses its elasticity and peeling it off is nearly impossible. I just want to warn you that if you don't want that mod to be permanent, remove it after 6 months.

#4738 3 years ago
Quoted from GoldenOreos:

well after seeing this vinyl a few of you have done, i bought some to try out. looks good and is surprisingly not to complicated to do.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Purple looks great!

#4739 3 years ago
Quoted from GoldenOreos:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Looks awesome. Any reason why the two pictures look very different? Where did you purchase the vinyl and how difficult was it to install? Checked around on Amazon and it looks very cost effective compared to powder coat.

#4740 3 years ago
Quoted from FNwoz:

Looks awesome. Any reason why the two pictures look very different? Where did you purchase the vinyl and how difficult was it to install? Checked around on Amazon and it looks very cost effective compared to powder coat.

one is with flash and other is without. I got it off of Amazon. "3M 1080 GP258 Gloss Plum Explosion". was pretty straight forward applying it bc you can heat and stretch it or w.e.

#4741 3 years ago

Someone asked for a video of the tv mod so
Here ya go

#4742 3 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Someone asked for a video of the tv mod so
Here ya go

Is that the mod from sparky pinball? If not, where’d you purchase?

#4743 3 years ago

PinMonk
protocol_j
RetroGamerJP
arcadenerd925

Here as some videos recording the auto launch. I was able to record it in slow motion, but it reverted back to 1x once uploaded to YouTube. Yet another thing to troubleshoot...

It doesn’t rattle on the way up. I noticed sometimes it may graze the left side and is also clearing the Turtle Select bracket.

#4744 3 years ago

I understand the warnings about the vinyl wrap on legs, lockbar, metal - and it may be permanent.... But how much does it cost comparing to powder coat?

#4745 3 years ago
Quoted from protocol_j:

Is that the mod from sparky pinball? If not, where’d you purchase?

Yes I had it from my ghostbusters that is sold . Mezel has Them too .

#4746 3 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Once you get it in your home, the LE green armor with metal fleck is beautiful and right on the money for the TMNT franchise.

hopefully it arrives before christmas, its been a long wait.

#4747 3 years ago
Quoted from GoldenOreos:

well after seeing this vinyl a few of you have done, i bought some to try out.

Can you link to some for sale? I have no idea what this vinyl entails, but I'm curious because it seems like a doable mod with good results.

#4748 3 years ago

Tmnt topper is pretty cool.

4639D34D-EA8C-4B1F-966D-2456B0D6C69F (resized).jpeg4639D34D-EA8C-4B1F-966D-2456B0D6C69F (resized).jpeg
#4749 3 years ago
Quoted from epichoff:

Tmnt topper is pretty cool.
[quoted image]

...if it was $599, or $499, or $399.

$1,000 is not cool for that lazy, visually stuttering design.

#4750 3 years ago
Quoted from acons017:

vireland
protocol_j
retrogamerjp
arcadenerd925
Here as some videos recording the auto launch. I was able to record it in slow motion, but it reverted back to 1x once uploaded to YouTube. Yet another thing to troubleshoot...
It doesn’t rattle on the way up. I noticed sometimes it may graze the left side and is also clearing the Turtle Select bracket.

Your auto-launch forks need to be centered on the ball. Currently only the left side is making contact at rest. The right side is off the ball when it's served up to the shooter lane waiting for launch. Start there.

forks uneven (resized).jpgforks uneven (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 22.00
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 7,999.00
$ 9.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 3.49
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 23.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Twisted Tokens

$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 7,000.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

6,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Gainesville, FL
$ 16.00
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tualatin, OR
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

There are 12,044 posts in this topic. You are on page 95 of 241.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-club2020-cowabunga-its-pizza-time/page/95?hl=bundy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.