(Topic ID: 271489)

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Club(Stern 2020): Cowabunga! It’s Pizza Time!

By Tuxedomask23

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Topic poll

“Which model are you going to purchase”

• Pro 285 votes
    50%
  • Premium 166 votes
    29%
  • LE 119 votes
    21%

(570 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_5963 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5968 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5969 (resized).jpeg
turtles (resized).jpg
IMG_3566 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240316_051625591 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240316_034508453 (resized).jpg
IMG_3277 (resized).JPG
20240308_213544 (resized).jpg
20240308_211320 (resized).jpg
20240308_211805 (resized).jpg
20240215_093714 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
1EB20A79-521C-4BEB-AAA6-F2E7D64EE9D1 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,972 posts in this topic. You are on page 93 of 240.
#4601 3 years ago

I don't know why Stern doesn't update their page with any new products. I see all these Stern "official" add-ons and not a one of them in on their website for sale. I mean if you don't have the stock you should at least list is so people can see the product and prices. I wonder if the people that paid the $599 deposit on some of these sites for the toppers are pissed they have to shell out another $400 to finish the purchase.
Has anyone used the hologram toppers from lighted pinball mods? I see they have an ad for TMNT but the forum post i saw about them said they are really selling or supporting the holograms anymore. They dont even list them on their site any more but have new youtube videos.

#4602 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Aslong as the boards in the topper are the standard node boards in other toppers and the game will update the board there will be a cheaper version coming

I'm with you, I bought a 3d printer this week, looks like I will be making my own

#4603 3 years ago
Quoted from PinHead50:

I'm with you, I bought a 3d printer this week, looks like I will be making my own

so in general you just would take a node board like they use in their own topper, get same light boards and coil or servos und just plug everything together and it should behave the same as the original? has anyone tried that before? What would the bom-cost of all the parts. But i guess still much less than 1000$
but it just sounds too easy but would be great if it works

#4604 3 years ago
Quoted from cabal:

so in general you just would take a node board like they use in their own topper, get same light boards and coil or servos und just plug everything together and it should behave the same as the original? has anyone tried that before? What would the bom-cost of all the parts. But i guess still much less than 1000$
but it just sounds too easy but would be great if it works

Copies of the Batman66 topper where made, there was also someone who brought a Stern topper without the boards and was able to buy the boards.

No idea what’s in the topper but can’t be much more than the usual, LEDs, led light strips, $40 worth of plastics and in this case maybe a $10 servo for that eye on the technodrome.

#4605 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Copies of the Batman66 topper where made, there was also someone who brought a Stern topper without the boards and was able to buy the boards.
No idea what’s in the topper but can’t be much more than the usual, LEDs, led light strips, $40 worth of plastics and in this case maybe a $10 servo for that eye on the technodrome.

I can tell you if I'm making it it wouldn't be a copy of the one they made. I was thinking of the full technodrome with tank tracks. eye looks left the tank rolls left, right - right, if it looks up and down in spins. Something fun. Free game it shoots a dart at your head

#4606 3 years ago

the topper doesn't look like its released yet. its only Available on backorder, little shop of games. has it for sale for 599
and is an ESTIMATE based on Stern’s previous toppers for Jurassic Park and Stranger Things

#4607 3 years ago

I've never bought a topper before, and there's nothing about them that really interest me. These new toppers from Stern, however, are bumming me out because I don't like that there are additional game modes attached to them. Still... "goat mania" wasn't enough to make me shell out $600 for Jurassic Park, and I hope it will be something similar with TMNT.

#4608 3 years ago
Quoted from oldmanpinball:

the topper doesn't look like its released yet. its only Available on backorder, little shop of games. has it for sale for 599
and is an ESTIMATE based on Stern’s previous toppers for Jurassic Park and Stranger Things

https://www.gameroom-goodies.com/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-pinball-topper/

Here are some claimed to be in stock...

#4609 3 years ago

So I just turned my game on to play a couple games during lunch and my game acted like this was the first time ever turning it on. Asking me to set language and such. I exited out of it but I had to redo ALL my settings like free play, etc. However, all my audits and high scores were remembered. I updated to 1.23 days ago and have played many games since. Why would my game act like this is the first time turning it on and reset all my settings??

AFEAD8D7-CFC4-4AAE-BFCC-250729AF19D2.jpegAFEAD8D7-CFC4-4AAE-BFCC-250729AF19D2.jpeg
#4610 3 years ago

So in theory if you just plug the node board in on a game with a special mode would you get the mode ?

#4611 3 years ago

Well just got my $1,000 invoice from Flip N Out for the topper.

Sad to cancel it. Was thinking it was hard to justify even at $600. But $1000? Can't do it.

#4612 3 years ago
Quoted from BaxterStockman:Well just got my $1,000 invoice from Flip N Out for the topper.

Sad to cancel it. Was thinking it was hard to justify even at $600. But $1000? Can't do it

bummer dude

#4613 3 years ago

THE OFFICIAL TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES (TMNT) PINBALL MACHINE TOPPER FIRST LOOK & INSTALL

#4614 3 years ago

The topper is fugly, redundant, flat, and lazy. Save the $1000 and buy like a Flash or Comet.

Edit: Having now seen the video above, I'll add poorly executed to the list.

#4615 3 years ago

i hope cary does another wtf video on this

#4616 3 years ago

Does this carry a new game mode? It must at that price, right?

#4617 3 years ago
Quoted from protocol_j:

Does this carry a new game mode?

Better. It carries another TMNT logo!!!

#4618 3 years ago
Quoted from protocol_j:

Does this carry a new game mode? It must at that price, right?

It plays PS5 and Xbox Series X games at 4K.

At least that's what I'd expect it to do at that price.

#4619 3 years ago

Why must Mikey have pizza and the same goofy look on his face on every image? $1000 is laughable

#4620 3 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

Better. It carries another TMNT logo!!!

To be fair, I'm sure it was a licensing requirement.

And also it appears to be easily removed. Almost as if Stern new it was aesthetically a mistake.

#4621 3 years ago

The topper logo can be easily removed. Only a couple nuts attaching it. Almost like it was designed that way as a licensing requirement but designed to be easily removed which is nice.

#4622 3 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

The topper logo can be easily removed. Only a couple nuts attaching it. Almost like it was designed that way as a licensing requirement but designed to be easily removed which is nice.

5A82BB03-9D79-42EB-9D21-4C6BE8EC03EA (resized).jpeg5A82BB03-9D79-42EB-9D21-4C6BE8EC03EA (resized).jpeg
#4623 3 years ago

i am a sucker just got one from flip N out

#4624 3 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

[quoted image]

Looks way better without the TMNT logo.

#4625 3 years ago

Wow that topper was a big let down. Specially with the lighting effects. When I get home today I’m going to start on my own topper mod and hopefully spend less that $300 and would be better than this.

#4626 3 years ago
Quoted from Blackzarak:

Wow that topper was a big let down. Specially with the lighting effects. When I get home today I’m going to start on my own topper mod and hopefully spend less that $300 and would be better than this.

If you can tap into the spike system for interactivity then people would love it

#4627 3 years ago

More power to Stern if they sell a bunch of these, but just too much cheddar for what it is in my book.

#4628 3 years ago

I was so excited for this topper. I was even willing to overpay at $600. At $1,000 I'll have to pass. That's a lot of money to watch an eyeball go right and left. I'm not angry at Stern. If they can get that prices a company that's great. I'm just really disappointed. I want to toppers on all my machines.

#4629 3 years ago
Quoted from oldmanpinball:

i am a sucker just got one from flip N out

Ugh man don’t let Stern get away for this .. we as collectors eventually need to put our foot(or wallet) down and say no . Even if you can afford it , this is just pure greed .

#4630 3 years ago
Quoted from Looprunner:

I was so excited for this topper. I was even willing to overpay at $600. At $1,000 I'll have to pass. That's a lot of money to watch an eyeball go right and left. I'm not angry at Stern. If they can get that price that's great for them as a company. I'm just really disappointed. I wanted toppers on all my machines. Lol.

#4631 3 years ago
Quoted from Blackzarak:

I'm doing the same. I have my TMNT on order (expecting it in December now) and it'll be a fun project to make a better topper than this. I have a small resin 3D printer, so I can do smaller parts that can be assembled.

I could use a Raspberry Pi for audio recognition for the character selection and the start of different modes (keying off of callouts) instead of trying to integrate with the system. Add in some Pi-controlled RGB LEDs and maybe even a servo if I really need an eyeball looking left and right -- I may even trace the Turtles artwork from the official topper in Illustrator for printing -- and I expect the BOM will be far less than $1000 -- probably closer to $100. I'll post any progress here.

#4632 3 years ago

I mean the topper is not bad, I would but it at the $500 mark which is still high IMO.

#4633 3 years ago

BKSOR is awesome for a topper. Looks real, talks trash, seems like the black knight is actually part of the game and costs $450. I was very happy with this topper

Star Wars r2d2 is loud when it moves, doesn’t really beep when you think it should and just spins back and forth so not sure how it’s interactive. Huge disappointment for me at $750

Tmnt topper - This eye looks not really be interactive, turtles do light up but it’s nothing special. I was all for it until I saw it in action and the price.

#4634 3 years ago

When the topper price becomes $1200 we'll say, "man, I thought these were expensive at $1000!"
Really they have no business selling this for $1000. Wallet closed. And I like the r2d2 topper. What a bargain!

Clark: I want to buy this topper, Eddie. C'mon now, how much does it cost?
Cousin Eddie: $1,000
Clark: <hands shaking, puts his $200 back in his wallet>

#4635 3 years ago

If people are willing to pay $1k for a topper no reason not to sell for that much. But reminds me of:

Clark Griswald : So, what's the bill? Come on, come on, how much?
Mechanic 1 : How much you got?
Clark Griswald : No, I'm asking how much the repairs are.
Mechanic 1 : And I'm asking how much you got!
Clark Griswald : You're out of your mind. Look, I don't have time to play around, OK? So how much is it?
Mechanic 1 : [waving a wrench] All of it, boy!

#4636 3 years ago

The topper does NOT add any new game features.

To put that in perspective, just months ago, Stern released the Jurassic Park topper at the controversial price point of 599 USD. That topper added a well-received gameplay mode that did well on location. Say what you will about locking features behind a paywall, at least the cost relative to the base unit was in line with features in similar industries.

Now, they’re charging an additional 67% without any added features. Wow.

Our man Xaqery better have some sweet new modes lined up or this is going to be a really bad look for Stern.

Per Dwight:

The topper does over 20 different routines. Some routines are more involved than others.

All routines have light shows, and the eye at the top of the Technodrome will move about.

Sometimes the eye moves randomly and sometimes it looks in the direction that makes sense.

It uses the 4 turtles in the front of the topper to show which Turtle the player is thinking about choosing at game start.

It will celebrate with the player when they make some of the pinball staples:
Extra ball
Replay
Jackpots
Super Jackpot
and more

In addition to those celebrations the topper will go into several different background states.

In the attract mode:
The game cycles through various blink states.
The eye looks around randomly

#4637 3 years ago
Quoted from protocol_j:

The topper does NOT add any new game features.
To put that in perspective, just months ago, Stern released the Jurassic Park topper at the controversial price point of 599 USD. That topper added a well-received gameplay mode that did well on location. Say what you will about locking features behind a paywall, at least the cost relative to the base unit was in line with features in similar industries.
Now, they’re charging an additional 67% without any added features. Wow.
Our man xaqery better have some sweet new modes lined up or this is going to be a really bad look for Stern.
Per Dwight:
The topper does over 20 different routines. Some routines are more involved than others.
All routines have light shows, and the eye at the top of the Technodrome will move about.
Sometimes the eye moves randomly and sometimes it looks in the direction that makes sense.
It uses the 4 turtles in the front of the topper to show which Turtle the player is thinking about choosing at game start.
It will celebrate with the player when they make some of the pinball staples:
Extra ball
Replay
Jackpots
Super Jackpot
and more
In addition to those celebrations the topper will go into several different background states.
In the attract mode:
The game cycles through various blink states.
The eye looks around randomly

$50 a routine!

#4638 3 years ago

Hey fellow tmnt owners.. today I noticed a loud noise on my pizza spinner. Not all the time, but always prior to ball start. I got under the hood and noticed that the magnet assembly under the pizza disc had wear on it and was spinning around until the wires stopped it. Not sure what is supposed to hold the magnet assembly in place, but something should. Almost seems like its just free floating with the electrical tape wedging it in place. Over time it looks like its freed itself up and can move. There is wear on my wires and under the assembly. Anyone experience this?

#4639 3 years ago

So here’s my topper in progress pics
6 TMNT figures, pixie glass, figure stands, double stick tape, RGB lights tap into 12 volt to illuminate the figures, L-plastic to trim and hide lights.
I also order a sewer manhole cover for a backdrop and a turtles emblem to mount on top of the sewer as well, hopefully I can finish over the weekend when everything arrives and I’m still under $225..can someone help how to tap into the machine to make the RGB strip light have a flasher effect when shots are made or flashers activate something in that sort??? That’s something I haven’t figured out yet.

20D7B73A-6092-41FB-BA8D-6A596A4805A9 (resized).jpeg20D7B73A-6092-41FB-BA8D-6A596A4805A9 (resized).jpeg7D5BB83F-C941-464C-BC99-B648967B1CDB (resized).jpeg7D5BB83F-C941-464C-BC99-B648967B1CDB (resized).jpegB5083905-9DE3-46C0-80A7-2A2783178884 (resized).jpegB5083905-9DE3-46C0-80A7-2A2783178884 (resized).jpegC68015E0-2754-4B61-8DE3-B1A6160721F1 (resized).jpegC68015E0-2754-4B61-8DE3-B1A6160721F1 (resized).jpegFA585A7F-C5B7-4D5E-AD93-ECC532528479 (resized).jpegFA585A7F-C5B7-4D5E-AD93-ECC532528479 (resized).jpeg
#4640 3 years ago

Blackzarak that look sick! How do the figures hold up if the machine shakes?

#4641 3 years ago

Picked up a turtles yesterday. It's amazing, I love the art, music and gameplay!

20201104_121120 (resized).jpg20201104_121120 (resized).jpg
#4642 3 years ago

FYI:

I had to replace my battery on my TMNT Premium already, I saw above where someone said their settings had been erased.

#4643 3 years ago

I have a new TMNT LE and it regularly fails to release balls locked at the back after a multiball, seemingly losing track of them and then searched endlessly while holding up play. Anyone have any idea how to troubleshoot this or even seen anything like this before?

#4644 3 years ago
Quoted from DarthSinex:

I have a new TMNT LE and it regularly fails to release balls locked at the back after a multiball, seemingly losing track of them and then searched endlessly while holding up play. Anyone have any idea how to troubleshoot this or even seen anything like this before?

Check your balls for magnetism with a steel paperclip. TMNT seems to magnetize balls quickly.

#4645 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Check your balls for magnetism with a steel paperclip. TMNT seems to magnetize balls quickly.

... and make sure you have code 1.23 installed. It solves a ball lock issue in the van. My LE does not magnetize the balls.

#4646 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

This was exactly my issue as well. It was magnetized balls.

#4647 3 years ago
Quoted from JediMcMuffin:

FYI:
I had to replace my battery on my TMNT Premium already, I saw above where someone said their settings had been erased.

That was me. It happened again last night. I'll put in a new battery and see if that helps. Aren't coin cell batteries supposed to last 3 years...not 3 months?

#4648 3 years ago

Finally joining the club on Monday! Curious if the new code changes that much compared to 1.21 code. Really want delts31 custom mix, but don’t want the machine to be buggy due to old code. Does anyone know exactly what changed between the 2 versions? Seems like mostly shaker motor integration, which I do not plan on installing.

#4649 3 years ago
Quoted from TonLoc777:

Curious if the new code changes that much compared to 1.21 code.

Its definitely worth the update. It added a new mode for completing training levels, made jackpots in MB potentially more valuable and added Battle Again carryover between balls (when not used). It seems to make the non-Raphael turtles more enticing to play as.

#4650 3 years ago
Quoted from TonLoc777:

Finally joining the club on Monday! Curious if the new code changes that much compared to 1.21 code. Really want delts31 custom mix, but don’t want the machine to be buggy due to old code. Does anyone know exactly what changed between the 2 versions? Seems like mostly shaker motor integration, which I do not plan on installing.

You can read all about each update on sterns website on the code read me file. Dont think 1.21 was super buggy, i have the 1987 code on a different card and switch back when i want

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop
Toys/Add-ons
There are 11,972 posts in this topic. You are on page 93 of 240.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-club2020-cowabunga-its-pizza-time/page/93?hl=jakers and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.