(Topic ID: 271489)

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Club(Stern 2020): Cowabunga! It’s Pizza Time!

By Tuxedomask23

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,044 posts
  • 828 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 hours ago by Afty86
  • Topic is favorited by 335 Pinsiders

You

Topic poll

“Which model are you going to purchase”

• Pro 285 votes
    50%
  • Premium 166 votes
    29%
  • LE 119 votes
    21%

(570 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240415_084026 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image.png
PXL_20240413_183258513.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_3649 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3648 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5713 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5712 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8262 (resized).jpeg
20240406_124621 (resized).jpg
SystemJPinball.ca_1_TMNT-MenuCard-PremLE-Mean1.1_example-3 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,044 posts in this topic. You are on page 91 of 241.
#4501 3 years ago
Quoted from whisper:

Thanks for your post mate, lockdown has it hard to go out an try games, wouldn’t even know if there’s one on location here in Melbourne. Much difference between the pro an premium?

I haven’t played the pro and I bought from only watching the streams, seeing the code work that Xaqery had already done, knowing I love Borg layouts and instinct. I suspect a pro would be good with this game as you’re losing a handful of things. The glider is cool but not 100% necessary (and doesn’t always work), van spitting out 4 balls is cool and two way spinner and 8 ball over 6 ball multiball. Those extras are nice but not the same as twd xbow, raising ramps or aiq marvel ramp and raising dr strange. I’m usually a premium/Le buyer but I suspect pro would offer the same gameplay sans glider mode.

#4502 3 years ago

One of the best pros. Recommend. I’m sure Le and premium are great too. If you’re worried about missing out on any major shot or mode with the pro, rest assured the pro is great. If you love the premium artwork and have to have every addition because you’re a premium only person, buy the premium. Either way you’ll be happy.

#4503 3 years ago

Thanks Dwight for chucking another multiball in there!!! Unreal!!

#4504 3 years ago

@xaquery minor bug on 1.23:

A center drain that walks its way up the outlane and makes contact with the rollover will clear Battle Again (without saving your ball)

That aside, loving the tweaks. Thank you!

Edit: Actually, Battle Again seems to be kind of screwy at the moment. Occasionally, Michelangelo will start with both outlanes lit. Other non-Mikey turtles may start the game with one Battle Again lit. Doesn't seem to be deterministic--some games you start with one, others two. Random.

#4505 3 years ago
Quoted from PinHead50:

Wow cool rod. I hope that thing is sturdy, I imagine its like getting a truck hitch to the shin when you walk by haha, except its not hitting your shin.

That’s exactly what I thought when I saw it and quickly recalled, running around one of our vehicle’s with truck hitch installed on the back, only to suddenly be on the ground in total agony with raspberries and bleeding leg shin. Can’t imagine what the extended Katana handle will do higher up, as we briskly walk by...big ouch! Lol Score one for Shredder!

#4506 3 years ago

Love the new code, Thanks Xaqery
Installed a new shaker motor. It is perfect except when Pizza Multiball starts it goes nuts and rattles the entire machine. I have screwed in the threaded rod as tight as it can go without warping the shaker motor. I switched shaker motors from another machine so its not the motor. Lowered to minimal use...anyone having this issue during Pizza Multiball?

#4507 3 years ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

Love the new code, Thanks xaqery
Installed a new shaker motor. It is perfect except when Pizza Multiball starts it goes nuts and rattles the entire machine. I have screwed in the threaded rod as tight as it can go without warping the shaker motor. I switched shaker motors from another machine so its not the motor. Lowered to minimal use...anyone having this issue during Pizza Multiball?

Yes woukd be nice to tone that down a touch.

#4508 3 years ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

Yea mines pretty intense at the end. I guess it’s the point. Something to live with haha

#4509 3 years ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

Here is how I toned down my shaker motor, because merely setting to minimal use, does not tone down the shaker motor, it just makes it so it is not used as much in the game software:

Solved the issue and can again enjoy the shaker motor without fear of my motor ruining the game elsewhere.

Removed it from the cabinet: remove two top case screws. Then remove four bolts holding unit to table cabinet base.

Also tried using an Allen wrench, only to strip it. Attempted torque wrench and broke head. Wishing I hadn’t started this project, lol. Used Vise Grip Pliers to finally loosen 1/32nd screw nub. Destroyed screw nib getting it off. Purchased new screw and put it in the 90 degree angle hole to retighten. 90 degrees position offset it to the other side weight. Putting only a drop of lock tight on the screw before inserting.
Real issue with original screw is that it had tons of lock tight, so it was not coming off without brute force. Had to finally clamp screw nib into bench vice and then used a screw driver inserted through weight hole to turn entire weight till it came off all the way.

Now at 90 degree offset position to opposite side weight, it works perfectly as a shaker motor and doesn’t shake the table glass any longer, but keeps the fun effect of the shaker motor. I left the other side untouched. You could move it 90 degrees also, but then they’d be 180 degrees opposite of each other and diminish shaker effect too much.

I’ve included photos below to see exactly how I positioned weights and where screws were placed. Have fun adjusting! It would have been a simple process without the heavy dose of lock tight. It is worth the effort as now shaker motor adds to the experience instead of being too violent.

1032C38A-D7EE-4921-B847-8FC557C478DC (resized).jpeg1032C38A-D7EE-4921-B847-8FC557C478DC (resized).jpegAF153104-855E-4FE5-BFD3-38877D0394A4 (resized).jpegAF153104-855E-4FE5-BFD3-38877D0394A4 (resized).jpegDD6D38F1-5A73-413C-8805-3BB1DD6C0EA1 (resized).jpegDD6D38F1-5A73-413C-8805-3BB1DD6C0EA1 (resized).jpeg
#4510 3 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Here is how I toned down my shaker motor, because merely setting to minimal use, does not tone down the shaker motor, it just makes it so it is not used as much in the game software:
Solved the issue and can again enjoy the shaker motor without fear of my motor ruining the game elsewhere.
Removed it from the cabinet: remove two top case screws. Then remove four bolts holding unit to table cabinet base.
Also tried using an Allen wrench, only to strip it. Attempted torque wrench and broke head. Wishing I hadn’t started this project, lol. Used Vise Grip Pliers to finally loosen 1/32nd screw nub. Destroyed screw nib getting it off. Purchased new screw and put it in the 90 degree angle hole to retighten. 90 degrees position offset it to the other side weight. Putting only a drop of lock tight on the screw before inserting.
Real issue with original screw is that it had tons of lock tight, so it was not coming off without brute force. Had to finally clamp screw nib into bench vice and then used a screw driver inserted through weight hole to turn entire weight till it came off all the way.
Now at 90 degree offset position to opposite side weight, it works perfectly as a shaker motor and doesn’t shake the table glass any longer, but keeps the fun effect of the shaker motor. I left the other side untouched. You could move it 90 degrees also, but then they’d be 180 degrees opposite of each other and diminish shaker effect too much.
I’ve included photos below to see exactly how I positioned weights and where screws were placed. Have fun adjusting! It would have been a simple process without the heavy dose of lock tight. It is worth the effort as now shaker motor adds to the experience instead of being too violent.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That’s the stern motor. Pinball life doesn’t have the offset option.

#4511 3 years ago
Quoted from protocol_j:

Edit: Actually, Battle Again seems to be kind of screwy at the moment. Occasionally, Michelangelo will start with both outlanes lit. Other non-Mikey turtles may start the game with one Battle Again lit. Doesn't seem to be deterministic--some games you start with one, others two. Random.

I noticed that if I restarted a game it was lighting both Battle Agains in the next game, not sure if you had to be Mikey the first game but I think so. It didnt matter which turtle I played as the 2nd game.

At first I thought Mikeys Level 1 perk was changed to both outlanes lit. I was excited. haha.

#4512 3 years ago
Quoted from PinHead50:

That’s the stern motor. Pinball life doesn’t have the offset option.

Yes I have a Pinball Life shaker and it doesn't have a 90 degree divot to move the weights. Any other ideas? Grinding a new divot seems ridiculous. Might it be the code is running the motor too fast? Everything else is perfect except Pizza Multiball and it is just far too much.

#4513 3 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks for this and I may have read your advise in another post too (super helpful)! I loosened the allen screws only to find only 1 divot point ont he Pinball life axles so there is no way to adjust the weights without grinding in a new divot which seems crazy. Seems like a few other folks int his thread having issues with the shaker at start of Pizza Multiball.

#4514 3 years ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

Yes I have a Pinball Life shaker and it doesn't have a 90 degree divot to move the weights. Any other ideas? Grinding a new divot seems ridiculous. Might it be the code is running the motor too fast? Everything else is perfect except Pizza Multiball and it is just far too much.

Just tighten the set screw and it will probably hold. I've done that before with a red tremor.

Rob

#4515 3 years ago

I replaced my servo today with the HS-645mg and it works great! That said, there are a couple of things I learned along the way.

- Don’t use a servo reversing circuit! I bought a few from Amazon in the hopes of sparing some soldering work…it doesn’t work. It reversed it, but also made it jittery and crazy.
- Order the reversed servo if at all possible. The solder job is quite small and the parts are covered in glue. It wasn’t super hard to solder it but I have a decent amount of experience.

#4516 3 years ago

Played a ton of coop with my Brother tonight with the new code. Tons of fun! Great job @xaqery! I will agree that the shaker motor is way too intense at the start of Pizza Multiball. Every where else it's great. I collected all the turtles in team up tonight and got to Pizza Party! Never knew that existed. I am guessing this is different then Neutrinos pizza party?

#4517 3 years ago
Quoted from HookedonPinonics:

I will agree that the shaker motor is way too intense at the start of Pizza Multiball.

To be honest I thought so at first too, but then I got used to it. I don't think twice about it now.

Rob

#4518 3 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

To be honest I thought so at first too, but then I got used to it. I don't think twice about it now.
Rob

Had it changed since 1.22, or is it the same?

#4519 3 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

I noticed that if I restarted a game it was lighting both Battle Agains in the next game, not sure if you had to be Mikey the first game but I think so. It didnt matter which turtle I played as the 2nd game.
At first I thought Mikeys Level 1 perk was changed to both outlanes lit. I was excited. haha.

I think that's it! Nice catch. Battle Again carries over with a restart.

On the shaker motor change--it is a little... extreme. My dog, who normally has zero reaction to any pinball bells or whistles, leapt out of her skin the first time starting Ninja Pizza Multiball on the new code, lol. She's not a fan.

#4520 3 years ago

Thanks, all! Glad it's not my shaker or machine. Xaqery since you are so great at responding to the customers and lovers of your game...hoping you can adjust this feature in next update...tone down shaker motor feature at start of Ninja Pizza Multiball. It is perfect everywhere else in the game but seems like a problem for most of us.
Also, my son made it to Neutrino's Party last night...cool new mode and great incentive to go for Training! Thanks for all of your efforts!

#4521 3 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Just tighten the set screw and it will probably hold. I've done that before with a red tremor.
Rob

Thanks, Rob. Tried this. Also contacted PBL and my local pin guru...they both think its the programming/code of that feature, which makes sense since I swapped the motors fromt he other 2 machines and same problem. Only during Ninja Pizza Multiball start.

#4522 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Is the shooter plate bezel on the outside and inside the same length? It might be a function of the photo perspective, but it looks different on the two.

I think its all the same. Maybe I just got a dud or something I don't understand lol.

#4523 3 years ago
Quoted from epichoff:

Where did you buy the tmnt shooter rod? Its not
On sterns website

I got it from my distributor where I got the game.

#4524 3 years ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

tone down shaker motor feature at start of Ninja Pizza Multiball. It is perfect everywhere else in the game but seems like a problem for most of us.

Actually, me and my family like it

#4525 3 years ago

One more potential bug (or feature?) with new code 1.23: Pizza toppings start fully populated now. IIRC, in earlier versions the toppings were empty at the start of a new game?

#4526 3 years ago
Quoted from azur3:

Actually, me and my family like it

Glad it's working out for you and yours. Perhaps if Ninja Pizza MB shaker could be disabled at moderate use setting then we can all choose what we like

#4527 3 years ago

I’ve had to turn my shaker off because of pizza multiball. It’s way too intense, I might try to offset the weights, but would be a much easier fix for all of us if it could just be toned down a little bit . Thanks. All other shaker features are great !!

#4528 3 years ago
Quoted from billrz:

I’ve had to turn my shaker off because of pizza multiball. It’s way too intense, I might try to offset the weights, but would be a much easier fix for all of us if it could just be toned down a little bit . Thanks. All other shaker features are great !!

Quoted from billrz:

Agree! Or maybe just allow it to be disabled on Ninja Pizza MB with "moderate" shaker setting.

#4529 3 years ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

Agree! Or maybe just allow it to be disabled on Ninja Pizza MB with "moderate" shaker setting.

Depends what’s already disabled at moderate in the programming, would probably be far less work for Dwight to just tone it done ever so slightly and hopefully that way everyone’s a winner with their shaker getting max use throughout a game.

#4530 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Depends what’s already disabled at moderate in the programming, would probably be far less work for Dwight to just tone it done ever so slightly and hopefully that way everyone’s a winner with their shaker getting max use throughout a game.

Yes. Those motors just rely on 12v to run, there is no settings on the motor to adjust speed. They adjustment would have to be made to the duration of 12v power supplied to the motor. Once the motor has power for so many seconds it is at full speed which means max shaker usage. Would be a change of letting the motor slow down a bit for the final max spin and then hold it for a few less seconds. I would imagine it would be a some what simple adjustment on the programming if they choose. I had to replace my stern motor with a PBL due to the fact it didn't have the rod going through it to tighten up.. I got an email from stern after sending them video of the stern shaker in my machine. They said it was a defective motor and after talking to Marco where i got it from they followed up and said that the sterns should have the bolt but dont for some reason. If you look at the stock image on sterns website it shows a different style motor than what is shipped, it has the support bolt. https://shop.sternpinball.com/collections/accessories/products/stern-shaker-motor-kit-for-spike-system-games
This is what is sent https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/502-5027-01
This was mine on 1.21 with stern shaker

#4531 3 years ago
Quoted from PinHead50:

Yes. Those motors just rely on 12v to run, there is no settings on the motor to adjust speed. They adjustment would have to be made to the duration of 12v power supplied to the motor. Once the motor has power for so many seconds it is at full speed which means max shaker usage. Would be a change of letting the motor slow down a bit for the final max spin and then hold it for a few less seconds. I would imagine it would be a some what simple adjustment on the programming if they choose. I had to replace my stern motor with a PBL due to the fact it didn't have the rod going through it to tighten up.. I got an email from stern after sending them video of the stern shaker in my machine. They said it was a defective motor and after talking to Marco where i got it from they followed up and said that the sterns should have the bolt but dont for some reason. If you look at the stock image on sterns website it shows a different style motor than what is shipped, it has the support bolt. https://shop.sternpinball.com/collections/accessories/products/stern-shaker-motor-kit-for-spike-system-games

Yeah pulse the motor maybe rather than send it a constant feed for however many seconds, or just cut that constant power supply down a second or 2? Ironman is the only other game I own that try’s to shake the glass loose but it feels right with that game

#4532 3 years ago
Quoted from PinHead50:

Thanks for sharing. Yes that is exactly the sound mine makes at start of Ninja Pizza MB. It's not pleasant. I have a PBL shaker which does have a support rod which I tightened as far as it could go without warping the frame. It is not a defective shaker because my other 2 shakers which work perfectly in other stern machines also elicit the same sound when I move them into the TMNT game. So it seems to be a programming/code thing. Hoping Dwight will help us out and either tone it down or make it something that can be disabled with moderate use.

#4533 3 years ago

I'd also vote to tone down the shaker at start of Ninja Pizza Multiball. It is pretty intense. I'm getting used to it. But, it would be nice if it was toned down. It's intense enough that the balls shake loose from the magnet, and don't stay on for the entire shaking. I think the shaker should align with the balls being stuck to the magnet. And, in addition to just simply being too intense, the coolness effect is lessened when the balls don't stay on the magnet the whole time, due to the shaking. Want to echo that I think it's awesome everywhere else it's implemented in the game.

#4534 3 years ago
Quoted from LowScores:

Things all and all look about the same. Maybe swap or shorten a spring?
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Getting the same thing but about 40% of the time the ball will not make it up the ramp. Maybe removing one of washers might be enough to make just enough contact.

20201101_152149 (resized).jpg20201101_152149 (resized).jpg
#4535 3 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Here is how I toned down my shaker motor, because merely setting to minimal use, does not tone down the shaker motor, it just makes it so it is not used as much in the game software...

I don't think it's necessary to remove the shaker motor assembly to rotate the weights:

1) Lift playfield
2) Remove screws from plastic housing with fingers (or 1/4" socket wrench--they aren't really on that tight)
3) Loosen set screw from weight #1 with Allen key
4) Holding weight #2, rotate weight #1 until reaching desired offset (90 deg seems to be sweet spot)
5) Tighten set screw, replace housing, lower playfield
6) Enjoy Ninja Pizza!

I didn't perceive any LocTite on the set screws.

#4536 3 years ago
Quoted from garretswinning:

Getting the same thing but about 40% of the time the ball will not make it up the ramp. Maybe removing one of washers might be enough to make just enough contact.[quoted image]

Is that handle heavy on the backend? I wonder if it just doesnt have enough force to hit the ball due to the handle being heavier? Maybe take the spring off and stretch it out a bit????

#4537 3 years ago

Was the shaker motor tweaked on the last update for pizza party multiball? I’m going to test the new code out sometime today and I’m going to shoot for the newly added multiball...can’t wait.

#4538 3 years ago

The shooter rod works fine for me, although I installed it on another game.

IMG_6075 (resized).jpgIMG_6075 (resized).jpg
#4539 3 years ago
Quoted from RebelGuitars:

The shooter rod works fine for me, although I installed it on another game.
[quoted image]

Now red!? Can you buy the shooter in each of the turtles colours?

#4540 3 years ago

Looks like red electric tape.

#4541 3 years ago
Quoted from Jon9508:

Looks like red electric tape.

Good eyes dude!

#4542 3 years ago

Wouldn't make sense to be all the turtle colors since they don't all use katanas. Would love the other weapons tho. Just pokes out a little to much for my liking. With little kids running around.

Them opening talking about eye in the code should mean they are dropping the topper pretty soon don't you think?

#4543 3 years ago

This game....My Wife and I purchased an LE when it came out cause we were massive Turtles fans. Of course the first couple of weeks I loved the game and played it all the time. Then something happened. For some reason I couldn't stand it. It just irked me to a level of frustration due to it being brutal (layout and code) that I stopped playing it. It sat there for weeks and I would just look at it with spite and regretted the purchase. I then one day decided to just camp on it and get the shots down and learn the flow of it......wow. I now can't get enough of the game and honestly can say this game has the best flow and feel of any game I have played! Its so damn good getting combos down and zipping thru it. Can't say enough how much I love it and glad I kept going at it. When you get these shots down this thing becomes a flow monster and feels so good. I feel a lot of people who don't have this game or played it a couple times are discounting it. This game will turn out to be one of the best flowing games out there. Love it!

#4544 3 years ago
Quoted from HookedonPinonics:

I then one day decided to just camp on it and get the shots down and learn the flow of it.

When you can make that "Center ramp," everything flows so good! Any combo ending with the Center ramp is so satisfying. I kind of wish they figured out a way to include traditional combos into the rules.

#4545 3 years ago

To keep myself from throwing this pin out of the window in frustration, I ended up turning off the pizza spinner which helped immensely. Nothing worse than hitting the perfect shot to the center ramp or other areas then watch it miss because of that damn thing....

#4546 3 years ago

Hello.. New to turtles. Can anyone tell me if 2v2 requires each player to play an entire game while the others wait? That's how ours is. You would think you take turns. Thanks. Ill check which code I have later. Just got our pro. Loving it.

#4547 3 years ago
Quoted from garretswinning:

Getting the same thing but about 40% of the time the ball will not make it up the ramp. Maybe removing one of washers might be enough to make just enough contact.[quoted image]

i want this cup holder. where can I buy one?

#4548 3 years ago
Quoted from smokinhos:

Hello.. New to turtles. Can anyone tell me if 2v2 requires each player to play an entire game while the others wait? That's how ours is. You would think you take turns. Thanks. Ill check which code I have later. Just got our pro. Loving it.

You should be taking turns. Did you remember to hit start four times? That seems to be a common problem with co-op games. Once you set the mode, you still have to start the right number of players.

#4550 3 years ago

My new glider showed up today. Putting it in a box.....

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tualatin, OR
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 22.00
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 7,999.00
$ 9.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 3.49
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 23.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Twisted Tokens

$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 7,000.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chester, PA
$ 16.00
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 12,044 posts in this topic. You are on page 91 of 241.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-club2020-cowabunga-its-pizza-time/page/91 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.