(Topic ID: 271489)

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Club(Stern 2020): Cowabunga! It’s Pizza Time!

By Tuxedomask23

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,043 posts
  • 828 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 25 hours ago by MrBigg
  • Topic is favorited by 336 Pinsiders

You

Topic poll

“Which model are you going to purchase”

• Pro 285 votes
    50%
  • Premium 166 votes
    29%
  • LE 119 votes
    21%

(570 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240415_084026 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image.png
PXL_20240413_183258513.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_3649 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3648 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5713 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5712 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8262 (resized).jpeg
20240406_124621 (resized).jpg
SystemJPinball.ca_1_TMNT-MenuCard-PremLE-Mean1.1_example-3 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,043 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 241.
#351 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Waiting for the game to arrive to test fit and function. Pro owners won’t be disappointed!

any idea when your pro arrives? super stoked to see what you're gonna do!

#352 3 years ago
IMG_20200701_082108 (resized).jpgIMG_20200701_082108 (resized).jpgIMG_20200701_082157 (resized).jpgIMG_20200701_082157 (resized).jpgIMG_20200701_082210 (resized).jpgIMG_20200701_082210 (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200626-133422~2 (resized).pngScreenshot_20200626-133422~2 (resized).png
#353 3 years ago
Quoted from cleanandlevel:

so if everyone in here were billionaires, there would be some of you that would still buy the pro strictly based on value?

my brother is pretty darn wealthy and he is incredibly cheap half the time. He buys all his cars slightly used(porches and mercedes and all that but still used). He just never likes to spend a dime he doesnt have to. I guess thats one of the reasons why he has a lot of money!

#354 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

It is strange. Just get what cha want. No need to justify it in any way. These are all stupid financial decisions. Haha

It's that way in any community. It's all about justifying the purchase.

#355 3 years ago
Quoted from BaxterStockman:

It's that way in any community. It's all about justifying the purchase.

confirmation bias

#356 3 years ago

Might have to make a topper with my sideshow statues.

tmnt (resized).pngtmnt (resized).png
#357 3 years ago

[quoted image]

love seeing how many pinsiders are also retro video game collectors. My video game collection is worth way more than my pins

#358 3 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

love seeing how many pinsiders are also retro video game collectors. My video game collection is worth way more than my pins

I used to collect any and every game I could find. But decided to only collect and keep the games that I love. With a few exceptions.

#359 3 years ago

Anyone knows what pitch angle the game is designed for?

#360 3 years ago

[quoted image]

Put an LED under the TGRI ooze cannister and that would be an amazing Topper

#361 3 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

Anyone knows what pitch angle the game is designed for?

Manual said 6.5 degrees recommended.

#362 3 years ago
Quoted from TonLoc777:

For the love of all that is good in pinball please change the T-molding on the premium to match the pro color! Anyone have a vid how to change that out?

It’s super easy. Here is a video on YouTube

I get all my t-molding from here

https://www.t-molding.com/smooth-075in.html

You need the 3/4” wide stuff which is what I linked to.

#363 3 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

Y’all trying to convince your self the pro is the best option. You crazy, I’ve played both and the premium/LE is the way to go. Diverter is cool and useful, the van is kick ass and a fun shot, light show is way better, I was really shocked how much I like the Krang toy. I thought it was lame but in person it’s kick ass. Only negative for premium is the diverter does cover some play field and can block view. Nothing terrible just an observation. The LE is the best art package. I’ll coat the speaker panel, coin door and such soon. Blue looks way more saturated for some reason on my phone than in person.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

You're a nice fella, and I'm happy you're happy about your purchase, but the light show is the same, 8 balls vs 6 is sorta a negative to me, and the art package is an opinion. I vastly prefer the pro vs LE art package. But if you're happy, then that's all that matters.

#364 3 years ago
Quoted from Waxx:

Yes, I have the ability to buy the LE currently but it doesn't seem like a very good value to me.
Some people prefer the Pro to Prem/LE on many models. Just research TWD or GOT.

Also Aerosmith. I personaly think premium is the way to go on TWD, but I sure do love how GOT pro shoots, too. Usually the premium is better... almost always, but dammit is TMNT pro nice.

#365 3 years ago

I think the LE has the best side and coin art. While I think the Premium has the best glass and upper vertical art (sorry I'm unfamiliar with the terminology).

It does seem weird that the T-molding is red on the premium. Doesn't really seem to fit anything.

#366 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

You're a nice fella, and I'm happy you're happy about your purchase, but the light show is the same, 8 balls vs 6 is sorta a negative to me, and the art package is an opinion. I vastly prefer the pro vs LE art package. But if you're happy, then that's all that matters.

I played the pro and it’s the best stern pro in a long time. I just think people who really really want this game to wait and play a premium before they jump into a pro. I’m completely for what makes you happy

#367 3 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

Y’all trying to convince your self the pro is the best option. You crazy, I’ve played both and the premium/LE is the way to go. Diverter is cool and useful, the van is kick ass and a fun shot, light show is way better, I was really shocked how much I like the Krang toy. I thought it was lame but in person it’s kick ass. Only negative for premium is the diverter does cover some play field and can block view. Nothing terrible just an observation. The LE is the best art package. I’ll coat the speaker panel, coin door and such soon. Blue looks way more saturated for some reason on my phone than in person.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks great! I couldn’t see going less than Premium on this pin. It looks so fun. Why compromise??

#368 3 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Looks great! I couldn’t see going less than Premium on this pin. It looks so fun. Why compromise??

What compromise? Same theme ,Same game play! I don’t think Pro is a compromise at all! It’s just a good choice!

#369 3 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

I mean, 1800 dollars more for almost nothing worthwhile. But I assume your question was rhetorical. I have no horse in this race as I own nor bought either version, but the diverter and ball lock are not worth 1800 to me. The diverter looks ugly and covers the playfield, not to mention it's on the lockdown bar. 8 ball multiball is chaos. 6 is even daunting. And the spinner going both ways? I just don't see why I would spend the extra for that.

Honestly if you're gonna spend higher prices, why not just get a jjp? I say tmnt pro looks to be maybe their best value yet.

With that said, I feel most games you SHOULD do premium. Twd, jp2, sw are all no brainers for me. But even that is debated.

#370 3 years ago

It's all opinion. To me the ball stopper on the pro is an eyesore. The glider is great.

The turtle van multiball where the side of the van opens up is freakin awesome and a must have. Plus Krang and the mutli directional pizza spinner add some extra depth.

As well as (imo) the back glass having better art.

But to each their own. I'm just glad the game seems to play well and people are buying it. TMNT lives on!

#371 3 years ago
Quoted from cleanandlevel:

so if everyone in here were billionaires, there would be some of you that would still buy the pro strictly based on value?

If I were a billionaire, I would probably get both. LE for the collector in me, pro for the player in me.

seriously, when it comes to pro vs LE, it really depends on the title and the person you are, that’s why its one of the biggest ongoing debates on this site. Example, i prefer ACDC in the pro over the prem. I know I’ll lose the argument every day of the week, But whatever... the pro is still more fun

As for TMNT; it’s easily too early to tell which is better but the pro looks like a damn packed pro. I could care less about 8 ball multiball, but who knows about having staged balls? Gotta play it. Diverted looks like it would be the biggest addition to have, but who knows? Gotta play it. Prem also has extra code in the multiball jackpot rules, is that worth the extra? Who knows? Gotta play it. Someone in here mentioned they’re getting all 3, now that’s the person you’ll want to ask haha

#372 3 years ago

My wife and I were lucky and got or pro delivered yesterday. We have played about 20 games so far. It has been fun shooting around together in CO-OP mode learning the rules and shots. It's the first time we purchased a game blind without playing it first. NO REGRETS Not having a scoop really keeps the game moving at a fast pace. My biggest surprise was how great the music and callouts sound in person. Get exited guys TMNT is a winner

#373 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

i prefer ACDC in the pro

Show yourself out

#374 3 years ago

It's all opinion. To me the ball stopper on the pro is an eyesore. The glider is great.
The turtle van multiball where the side of the van opens up is freakin awesome and a must have. Plus Krang and the mutli directional pizza spinner add some extra depth.
As well as (imo) the back glass having better art.
But to each their own. I'm just glad the game seems to play well and people are buying it. TMNT lives on!

I am confused when people say which one is obviously better but then don't list actual differences. What depth do you think Krang is adding? The Krang loop and combos are on the Pro. It is missing a toy that bobs up and down.

#375 3 years ago
Quoted from Waxx:

I am confused when people say which one is obviously better but then don't list actual differences. What depth do you think Krang is adding? The Krang loop and combos are on the Pro. It is missing a toy that bobs up and down.

I didn't say it was obviously better. I said it was better in my opinion.

And my whole post was a list of the differences.

#376 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

I mean, 1800 dollars more for almost nothing worthwhile. But I assume your question was rhetorical. I have no horse in this race as I own nor bought either version, but the diverter and ball lock are not worth 1800 to me. The diverter looks ugly and covers the playfield, not to mention it's on the lockdown bar. 8 ball multiball is chaos. 6 is even daunting. And the spinner going both ways? I just don't see why I would spend the extra for that.
Honestly if you're gonna spend higher prices, why not just get a jjp? I say tmnt pro looks to be maybe their best value yet.
With that said, I feel most games you SHOULD do premium. Twd, jp2, sw are all no brainers for me. But even that is debated.

I gladly buy JJP games but they put out new games every 18 months.

I'm not defending the Stern LE model but you do get the glass, side art, mirrored backglass and shaker motor. Not completely worth the up charge but I feel (a bit) better about buying LEs than in the past.

#377 3 years ago

It's all opinion. To me, the ball stopper on the pro is an eyesore. The glider is great.

I agree. I bought a 3d printer recently. If someone can find a way to measure the ball stopper and scan it in, I'd love to take a stab at designing something over it, or print stuff others design.

#378 3 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

Show yourself out

Hahaha. If it makes you feel better, I hang out in the acdc prem/Le club thread

#379 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Really what it comes down to is personal value. I love pros. I’ve bought several games pro version,Then after playing a few weeks, I liked the game so much that I wanted the full game. It’s like tv shopping your gonna enjoy it cause you picked it out. Are there better tvs or what ever out there, sure but when you don’t have them side by side really the comparison isn’t there, play whats fun. If you think your really gonna love the game check out the premium and LE. I honestly only bought the LE for the art otherwise I was going pro, when I got the LE I was just surprised I liked the in Game changes.

Let’s just be happy that we had a great game released

#380 3 years ago
Quoted from Habermania:

I agree. I bought a 3d printer recently. If someone can find a way to measure the ball stopper and scan it in, I'd love to take a stab at designing something over it, or print stuff others design.

Let me know how you make out I’d be interested in one!

#381 3 years ago

I think the empty spot on ball stopper is a great opportunity for mods. Not worried about it. Same goes for the space where Krang is.

I found the Van lock on the Premium to be underwhelming. If it was more interactive like Groot, and accepted balls for lock as well as released them, then that makes a difference. As it stands, it just holds the balls and the door opens and gravity to pull them out.

That, given with the fact that the pizza works almost exactly the same, and the excellent light show is the same, the Pro is where I choose to go this time.

#382 3 years ago

Anyone else get shipping updates on their LE? My distributor says they're still waiting to hear from Stern. Not sure how long it typically takes to finish the run but it looks like they've been cranking them out according to their Facebook posts.

Has anyone received theirs outside of our man Robert (#212/500)?

#383 3 years ago

My distributer said its soon and took the remainder of my balance, but no exact date yet.

#384 3 years ago

What does spelling LAIR & APRIL do again? And how do you start/light Episodes on the Pro Model?

#385 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballZach:

What does spelling LAIR & APRIL do again? And how do you start/light Episodes on the Pro Model?

https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/TMNT-Rulesheet.pdf

#386 3 years ago

Let’s see more pics of TMNT in the wild!!!

#387 3 years ago
Quoted from RikeIsland:

Let’s see more pics of TMNT in the wild!!!

Kids love it! Grandpas too.

IMG_20200630_075950 (resized).jpgIMG_20200630_075950 (resized).jpg
#388 3 years ago

LE 202 set up in the house. Absolutely gorgeous! Thanks to Zach and Nicole at FlipNOut pinball. Awesome service!!

20200701_134747 (resized).jpg20200701_134747 (resized).jpg20200701_135013 (resized).jpg20200701_135013 (resized).jpg20200701_131804 (resized).jpg20200701_131804 (resized).jpg20200701_134750 (resized).jpg20200701_134750 (resized).jpg

#389 3 years ago

Super jealous of all these homes, locations, and LE owners out there. LE looks a lot better than I thought it would. Cmon Stern, let's get those Pros for people without locations or a hookup going again!

#390 3 years ago
Quoted from MutterFudder:

Super jealous of all these homes, locations, and LE owners out there. LE looks a lot better than I thought it would. Cmon Stern, let's get those Pros for people without locations or a hookup going again!

Yes Stern please send my pro ASAP...or else I might just do something I might regret like buy more useless TMNT stuff

3DCEAD17-2208-40E3-8886-FE80343D0198.jpeg3DCEAD17-2208-40E3-8886-FE80343D0198.jpeg
#391 3 years ago
Quoted from HookedonPinonics:

LE 202 set up in the house. Absolutely gorgeous! Thanks to Zach and Nicole at FlipNOut pinball. Awesome service!!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

So happy to help buddy and can’t wait to unbox mine now!!!! I was partial to the Pro artwork but the pics I’ve seen of the LE cab have me beyond stoked

#392 3 years ago

I am patiently awaiting my premium. I have been told to expect sometime first part of August.

I ordered the art blades from Stern and 8 of those super shiny balls from Titan Pinball. This will be my first NIB and I am excited to experiment with some of the mods and maybe the Titan rubbers. Also considering a shaker motor... (should I?)

I ordered the Premium from FlipnOut ZMeny because in my experience in life, I am never satisfied with the base model of anything. Life is too short...

#393 3 years ago

The shot on the left of the game under the upper left side flipper is extremely difficult to hit. Any suggestions on this?

I also have a stern Star Trek and it has a similar shot on the Upper right side and that shot I consistently can hit with no problems.

#394 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffgoldstein2:

The shot on the left of the game under the upper left side flipper is extremely difficult to hit. Any suggestions on this?
I also have a stern Star Trek and it has a similar shot on the Upper right side and that shot I consistently can hit with no problems.

I noticed it's very difficult too. If you aim such that the ball does not touch the upper left flipper, it goes in more easily. Alternatively if you are going to hit the upper left flipper, try to quickly release it to bop the ball in.

#395 3 years ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

Yes Stern please send my pro ASAP...or else I might just do something I might regret like buy more useless TMNT stuff [quoted image]

Your game hasn’t arrived?

#396 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffgoldstein2:

I just got my LE and will set it up tonight and test it out a bit.

I've played 30 or so games on the pro. Admittedly I've given up on that shot for the most part. It's really clunky imo. Rest of the shots are like butter. Everything else I'll hit 8 out of 10 times. But that LAIR shot, I'm probably legit working at a 2 out of 10 pace, with the ball going in and popping back out. Still not sure if it's a reflection of how the pin is set up or if that's just how it's going to be with the geometry of the pin or if I'm just randomly a terrible player with that shot.

#397 3 years ago
Quoted from Potatoloco:

I've played 30 or so games on the pro. Admittedly I've given up on that shot for the most part. It's really clunky imo. Rest of the shots are like butter. Everything else I'll hit 8 out of 10 times. But that LAIR shot, I'm probably legit working at a 2 out of 10 pace, with the ball going in and popping back out. Still not sure if it's a reflection of how the pin is set up or if that's just how it's going to be with the geometry of the pin or if I'm just randomly a terrible player with that shot.

try cradling two balls on the left flipper, and backflipping one of the balls into that shot, or late off the right flipper?

#398 3 years ago
Quoted from Potatoloco:

Drop the flipper to help it in there. Still hard, but less frustrating.

#399 3 years ago

I think it’s good to have a hard shot like the lair. When I owned pirates the Bayou hole under the upper left flipper was most easily back flipped from the lower left. Holding the left flipper up and trying to make the hole with the right resulted in it bouncing out mostly. There was a problem with the alignment of this upper left on pirates where the angle had to adjusted out slightly. Once that was done a perk besides fixing the continuous SDTM was that the bayou was much easier to backflip.

I know this sort of adjustment here can not be done lightly as it affects ball trajectory. One pother option is maybe try a less bouncy flipper rubber like super bands?

#400 3 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

my brother is pretty darn wealthy and he is incredibly cheap half the time. He buys all his cars slightly used(porches and mercedes and all that but still used). He just never likes to spend a dime he doesnt have to. I guess thats one of the reasons why he has a lot of money!

Sounds like a smart person. Buying used nice cars no question. Cars are the dumbest purchase in the world but they're so much fun!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Twisted Tokens

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 3.49
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 16.00
$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ballston Spa, NY
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 7,000.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 7,999.00
$ 22.00
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 23.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Waxhaw, NC
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 12,043 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 241.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-club2020-cowabunga-its-pizza-time/page/8?hl=jonest3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.