(Topic ID: 271489)

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Club(Stern 2020): Cowabunga! It’s Pizza Time!

By Tuxedomask23

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,043 posts
  • 828 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 17 hours ago by MrBigg
  • Topic is favorited by 336 Pinsiders

You

Topic poll

“Which model are you going to purchase”

• Pro 285 votes
    50%
  • Premium 166 votes
    29%
  • LE 119 votes
    21%

(570 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240415_084026 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image.png
PXL_20240413_183258513.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_3649 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3648 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5713 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5712 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8262 (resized).jpeg
20240406_124621 (resized).jpg
SystemJPinball.ca_1_TMNT-MenuCard-PremLE-Mean1.1_example-3 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,043 posts in this topic. You are on page 89 of 241.
#4401 3 years ago
Quoted from RetroGamerJP:

Still happy to report, ZERO issues with my premium and still one of my favorite games of all time.

Ditto that.

Love the unique shots and combos on this game. The flow is simply amazing once shots are dialed in.

#4402 3 years ago
Quoted from PinHead50:

If that is the case, When i hit the Ralph shot the glider goes to mid right which is the opposite ramp. Looks like the servo is backwards, I will look into options.

Yeah, I would be curious if a simple reversing cable/board would work. Otherwise you could always hack yours like i did mine, lol. Only took me about 5 mins, but it was annoying, heh.

#4403 3 years ago
Quoted from arcadenerd925:

Yeah, I would be curious if a simple reversing cable/board would work. Otherwise you could always hack yours like i did mine, lol. Only took me about 5 mins, but it was annoying, heh.

I just got off the phone with Hi Tech. He said their motors are clockwise and some may be counter. He gave me the instructions to solder 4 wires to reverse it. He said you can order the servo from ServoCity.com and tell them you need it reversed and they will ship it already done. You swap the orange and brown wire on the motor and the two green and red outside wires on the potentiometer.

#4404 3 years ago

I've been flying RC planes for years , and before computerized servo reversing or when you had a particular needed we used a reversing cable

It's a little IC inline that Changes the value of the pwm signal from +100 to -100

This would to the trick for you

images (11) (resized).jpegimages (11) (resized).jpeg
#4405 3 years ago
Quoted from PinHead50:

I just got off the phone with Hi Tech. He said their motors are clockwise and some may be counter. He gave me the instructions to solder 4 wires to reverse it. He said you can order the servo from ServoCity.com and tell them you need it reversed and they will ship it already done. You swap the orange and brown wire on the motor and the two green and red outside wires on the potentiometer.

Yup, that is exactly what I did. I wonder why STERN did it this way (reversed), super strange. At least we know now.

#4406 3 years ago

Yup, that is exactly what I did. I wonder why STERN did it this way (reversed), super strange. At least we know now.

good job team haha

#4407 3 years ago

Does anyone have a download link for the previous PREMIUM game code? I want to go back to the version before 1.22 to see if my game still loads 4 balls into the turtle van. This problem is beyond annoying at this point. Almost every time playing my game, the turtle power multiball ends up loading 4 balls into the van. Then I have to wait for the ball search (on the 4th or 5th time) to release the van balls to continue play.

#4408 3 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

Does anyone have a download link for the previous PREMIUM game code? I want to go back to the version before 1.22 to see if my game still loads 4 balls into the turtle van. This problem is beyond annoying at this point. Almost every time playing my game, the turtle power multiball ends up loading 4 balls into the van. Then I have to wait for the ball search (on the 4th or 5th time) to release the van balls to continue play.

Have you tested the van enter opto switch?

Rob

#4409 3 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Have you tested the van enter opto switch?
Rob

Yeah, works every time in switch test.

#4410 3 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

The older files are all there, you just have to change the linked URL on the Stern download page
https://f002.backblazeb2.com/file/gamecode/turtles_le-1_21_0.spk.zip

#4411 3 years ago
Quoted from azur3:

One more reason to go for TMNT: Just today I played my Game of Thrones again and it made me realize how much TMNT has improved my pinball skills in just a few weeks, because it forces you to. GoT is a lot more forgiving on bad aim and random shooting. With my new "Ninja Skillz", I scored 1bn on GoT straight away in my first game after 4 weeks (GC is 3.5bn)

I Agree. When I play turtles and after getting my ass kick and also kicking some ass back I step up to walking dead and it seems forgiving keep in mind people complain walking dead is a difficult pin.. some pins just make you a better player and help you were you might lack in skill to progress as a better player.

#4412 3 years ago

Finally, the 'Gang of 8' is now complete. Krang was the most difficult mod for me, because I wanted the OG Krang figure so that it matched the others, I wanted him to move, and I wanted him to at least illuminate (if not flash). I tapped into the white GI bulb behind that pop bumper with Comet Matrix. Because the Krang insert is RGB on a small board, I didn't want to play around with that. But if someone tells me I can tap into the green flasher in the pops nest with Comet Matrix, I may revisit the lighting part as it flashes with a Krang loop shot. But overall, we now have a moving, illuminated OG Krang and completes the 8 figures I wanted in the game.

Krang 1 (resized).jpgKrang 1 (resized).jpg
Family portrait (resized).jpgFamily portrait (resized).jpg

#4413 3 years ago
Quoted from Blackzarak:

I Agree. When I play turtles and after getting my ass kick and also kicking some ass back I step up to walking dead and it seems forgiving keep in mind people complain walking dead is a difficult pin.. some pins just make you a better player and help you were you might lack in skill to progress as a better player.

Agree. Broke my walking dead champion 2 nights ago. Nice to play an easy game now and then.

#4414 3 years ago
Quoted from PinHead50:

First, PinHead50 and @arcadenerd925, that you so much for the info! @pinhead50, if I have this correct we need to order the swapped direction 645 from ServoCity? https://www.servocity.com/hs-645mg-servo/

#4415 3 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

You will have to flash a new SD card with V1.21 to successfully go back to that version. Stern are aware of the issue and say it will be fixed in the next code update.

#4416 3 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:First, pinhead50 and arcadenerd925, that you so much for the info! pinhead50, if I have this correct we need to order the swapped direction 645 from ServoCity? https://www.servocity.com/hs-645mg-servo/

That is the servo but you will need counter-clockwise rotation

#4417 3 years ago
Quoted from Blackzarak:

So true, owning gb and tmnt and playing them a lot, I’ve gotten top 3 in the last 4 tournaments (18-25 people in each) a lot of really good players in these. Tmnt makes other games seem slow and easy GB makes flipper gaps in other games almost irrelevant! lol win win. Good home games to have. Once you find the shots and get a hold of them, both machines are epic ! GC on GB is 6.8b. Turtles is 66m. Super fun games when ya get that that deep

#4418 3 years ago

Whos you guys favorite turtle to use? Ive been using Michelangelo alot to have the ball save available right away since ive gotten the ramps shots down to get to episodes easier now. Originally i was using Raphael all the time since episodes lit right away but been shying away from using him to get better at hitting the ramps, Donnys skill shot is harder to get so i dont use him much and Leos training being lit doesnt really seem worth using him. What's you guys thoughts on which turtle is best to use?

#4419 3 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Whos you guys favorite turtle to use? Ive been using Michelangelo alot to have the ball save available right away since ive gotten the ramps shots down to get to episodes easier now. Originally i was using Raphael all the time since episodes lit right away but been shying away from using him to get better at hitting the ramps, Donnys skill shot is harder to get so i dont use him much and Leos training being lit doesnt really seem worth using him. What's you guys thoughts on which turtle is best to use?

Same here, I like Mikey, I try to get 2 balls locked before I start episodes so I get the MB when it starts. I know some people have a few strategies on who to use if you are going for a high score for example. I know Leo is good if you can get that lair training done but i struggle with that

#4421 3 years ago
Quoted from billrz:

So true, owning gb and tmnt and playing them a lot, I’ve gotten top 3 in the last 4 tournaments (18-25 people in each) a lot of really good players in these. Tmnt makes other games seem slow and easy GB makes flipper gaps in other games almost irrelevant! lol win win. Good home games to have. Once you find the shots and get a hold of them, both machines are epic ! GC on GB is 6.8b. Turtles is 66m. Super fun games when ya get that that deep

Are you playing virtual tourneys? Wondering because me and my boys would be interested. We have DP, GOTG and TMNT in home and love playing but we only have each other to compete with!

#4422 3 years ago

Has anyone completed 5 April Hurry Ups to qualify Cowabunga? I'm not usually counting, but I feel the most I've ever completed in one game is 2.

#4423 3 years ago
Quoted from BrotherSir:

Has anyone completed 5 April Hurry Ups to qualify Cowabunga? I'm not usually counting, but I feel the most I've ever completed in one game is 2.

It's a lot easier in Co-op, that's for sure. I tried a few games where that was my only objective. It's tough. A bit easier on Mikey because you're halfway there on Ball 1. But after 2 April's, you have to start a mode to light them back up.

#4424 3 years ago

Pulled the wires our of the servo today and swapped. Seems to function fine. Would Def buy one already done, those wires on the board are super tiny. wasnt super easy for a novice

#4425 3 years ago
Quoted from PinHead50:

Pulled the wires our of the servo today and swapped. Seems to function fine. Would Def buy one already done, those wires on the board are super tiny. wasnt super easy for a novice

Agree. For the potentiometer wires (green and red) rather than trying to de-solder them from the board I just snipped the wires and crossed them over, soldered and heat shrinked over them, heh, ugly but it worked.

Ordering the servo reversed (or perhaps getting that reversing cable) sounds like a great option going forward for those that need it.

#4426 3 years ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

Are you playing virtual tourneys? Wondering because me and my boys would be interested. We have DP, GOTG and TMNT in home and love playing but we only have each other to compete with!

No. Regular bar tournaments, were fortunate in Vancouver Canada to be allowed these to happen for so long now during this pandemic. its been like 4 months we’ve been back at it, just no wppr points. Lottsa free beer tho for top 3 . We do single payer games,take pic of score, sanitize the machine, sit down between games (this doesn’t work the best,but we try) and play on ! I might be interested in these virtual tourneys, I can’t see it being super fun tho? Maybe it is,let me know how to do it!

40349AFF-8F50-4E59-916D-B8B443F8632B (resized).jpeg40349AFF-8F50-4E59-916D-B8B443F8632B (resized).jpeg7C6768A8-1C03-4447-B209-582D5A00E917 (resized).png7C6768A8-1C03-4447-B209-582D5A00E917 (resized).png

E9D4DAD5-D155-475E-9DC0-1E44C1BAA129 (resized).jpegE9D4DAD5-D155-475E-9DC0-1E44C1BAA129 (resized).jpeg
#4427 3 years ago
Quoted from billrz:

No. Regular bar tournaments, were fortunate in Vancouver Canada to be allowed these to happen for so long now during this pandemic. its been like 4 months we’ve been back at it, just no wppr points. Lottsa free beer tho for top 3 . We do single payer games,take pic of score, sanitize the machine, sit down between games (this doesn’t work the best,but we try) and play on ! I might be interested in these virtual tourneys, I can’t see it being super fun tho? Maybe it is,let me know how to do it!
[quoted image][quoted image]
[quoted image]

That's awesome! Thanks for sharing the pics and leader board! I have only read about virtual tourneys and agree they sound less fun and not sure how they could possibly be fair as folks have different set ups. Still, living in the US I don't expect live tourneys anytime soon ):
And they won't let me drive across the border to CA...LOL

#4428 3 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Whos you guys favorite turtle to use?

I think Raphael has the most GC potential with the PF X perk, especially in a longer game. But he is also good for a quick start to get rolling through the episodes and to get to Team Up MB. So I'd say he's my favourite and the best choice.

I like Mikey because the Battle Again starts lit perk is solid, and if you can avoid a center drain (which wastes your Battle Again) it can basically be like an extra ball (especially with the Flippers Change Lit Outlane adjustment). No matter what, for a decent game, you're going to need to be able to hit both ramps, so what's two more? Plus, his level 2 perk doubles the April Hurry-up which can add some good points on the way to a solid game.

Leo's level 2 perk can be pretty useful in completing modes and if Team Up MB gave you points for completed modes the way Final Battle does, I think it would make Leo a potential number 1 choice.

I'd say I play Raph: 60%, Mikey: 30%, Leo: 10% and Donatello: 0%! I'd be psyched if the perks were balanced in such a way that those percentages were closer to 25% each.

#4429 3 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Huge difference. Dwight’s last update is centred around shaker enhancements. Pizza multiball, 123 foot and weapon skills. Do it.

I am a newbie to shaker motors. DO I order Stern or Pinball Life's? Easy to install? Looks like it's worth it on the TMNT Pro from what I am reading here!

#4430 3 years ago

What are people's thoughts on leveling up the Turtles? Has anyone tried a specific strategy related to leveling up?

I was trying to see if I could make Donnie worth playing by leveling up to get the double 123 Foot combo perk and ripping the spinner all game to cash out on 3rd ball but I found that it was excessively tough to make work based on the inconsistent way of start 123 Foot, the fact that you can only collect one Combo per game and the fact that it isn't a gimme to complete it.

#4431 3 years ago

They are pretty equivalent as I’ve been told. Easy install, holes are already present in the cab. Just plug connector into board.

Quoted from DaddyManD:

I am a newbie to shaker motors. DO I order Stern or Pinball Life's? Easy to install? Looks like it's worth it on the TMNT Pro from what I am reading here!

#4432 3 years ago

There are 4 holes with T-nuts, place the shaker in the right spot, tighten 4 screws, put the cover on it, tighten 2 screws. Then run the connector to the board on the left side of the cabinet (under the left flipper button).

#4433 3 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Agree. Broke my walking dead champion 2 nights ago. Nice to play an easy game now and then.

Didn’t realise you got yourself a twd! Got yourself some cracking games in your lineup!

#4434 3 years ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

Get a pinball life. I got the stern one and had issues with it because it doesn’t have the support bolt. Stern said they were not made correctly. I replaced mine with a pinball life and no issues

#4435 3 years ago

I like to rotate which turtle I’m using to try and crack their high score. I like using Donatello the least because of that instant multi ball start on the right ramp so you can’t qualify a mode first to bring it into turtle power multi ball. I’ve gotten my best scores with Ralph and Mickey and would say I prefer using Mickey most because of the doubled April hurry up.

Just learnt something re April hurry ups didn’t know you had to start a mode to get to the next hurry up! Really enjoying my game at the moment too

#4436 3 years ago
Quoted from Audioenslaved:

Just learnt something re April hurry ups didn’t know you had to start a mode to get to the next hurry up!

Yeah, it's not immediately evident that the scrolling letters in front of the Target mean that you're locked out. Nor is it immediately clear how to re-qualify them.

The real question for me is, what the hell goes into determining the APRIL Hurry-Up value? My understanding is that "the more" that is going on, the higher the value. A clear breakdown would be nice, I'm also not sure if the later Hurry-ups have a higher base value than the 1st one.

#4437 3 years ago
Quoted from Audioenslaved:

Didn’t realise you got yourself a twd! Got yourself some cracking games in your lineup!

Heh! Didn’t realise you had joined this club. Thanks Dude! Yeah got TWD whilst waiting for turtles. Both games, soooooo good! Hope you’re enjoying the speed boost!

#4438 3 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

Id check that the auto-launch mech is properly aligned and the screws aren't loose. Launched balls could be rattling around after launching.
Also, it may seem counter-intuitive but the launch power could also be TOO high, if the ball gets air when entering the plastic ramp it might rattle around there as well.

Thanks for your help. I have tried to reduce the launch power but all that did was reduce the ball distance. There’s no rattling while it goes up the ramp. No loose screws either :/

#4439 3 years ago

I just got word that the next batch of TMNT Premiums isn’t going into production until late November (was previously late October).

#4440 3 years ago
Quoted from acons017:

Looking for some help. Im running into an issue with auto-eject.
After the ball save ends during a multiball , the game attempts to fill the turtle van by auto-ejecting balls. They’re only making it halfway up the ramp and fall back in play. It makes the multiball last forever because the van never gets filled (unless I hit the right ramp).
Does anyone know a fix for this? My auto eject setting is set to max.

I had a problem on another game where the shooter lane switch was too sensitive. This made the switch trigger before the ball had rolled down next to the auto plunger. I had to bend the switch wire slightly so that it was a bit less sensitive making sure the ball was resting on the forks before it fired. If this is happening the auto plunger will make a loud bang noise because it is slamming more into the playfield rather than the ball.
Also check that the ball Is resting on the forks and not the plunger rubber and that both forks are touching.

I would take the auto plunger power back down to normal if you can. I have found strong auto plunger just causes wear in other parts (especially into the back of that van)

#4441 3 years ago
Quoted from acons017:

Looking for some help. Im running into an issue with auto-eject.
After the ball save ends during a multiball , the game attempts to fill the turtle van by auto-ejecting balls. They’re only making it halfway up the ramp and fall back in play. It makes the multiball last forever because the van never gets filled (unless I hit the right ramp).
Does anyone know a fix for this? My auto eject setting is set to max.

Double check that the rollover switch on the shooter lane ramp isn't popped out of place and sticking up too far. When I had my ramp out during my Turtle Select Bracket Install, somehow the rollover switch popped out and was fully on top of the ramp (normally there is a bend in the end of the wire that is under the ramp as a stopper)

When this was the case it was getting the same behavior as you were. even with turning up the plunge power the balls were not reliably making it up the ramp. Once I popped it back into place, problem solved and I was able to put auto plunge power back to normal.

#4442 3 years ago
Quoted from PinHead50:

That is the servo but you will need counter-clockwise rotation

FYI, I tried to contact ServoCity and have my motor modified...I got this response: "We only offer reprogramming on some servos. All the servos that can be reprogrammed are stated at the link below with the word (reprogrammed) next to its name. When you select one of those on the right hand side of the product page it will list what kind of reprogramming we can offer on that servo, and the cost of that."

It looks like I will either be finding a switcher or trying to switch the wiring on the motor like arcadenerd925 did.

I also found a few videos on reversing servos and it looks super easy. I'm not an RC guy, but I tend to wonder why they don't just build them with a switch that let's you choose the direction.

#4443 3 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

FYI, I tried to contact ServoCity and have my motor modified...I got this response: "We only offer reprogramming on some servos. All the servos that can be reprogrammed are stated at the link below with the word (reprogrammed) next to its name. When you select one of those on the right hand side of the product page it will list what kind of reprogramming we can offer on that servo, and the cost of that."
It looks like I will either be finding a switcher or trying to switch the wiring on the motor like arcadenerd925 did.
I also found a few videos on reversing servos and it looks super easy. I'm not an RC guy, but I tend to wonder why they
don't just build them with a switch that let's you choose the direction.

You don’t have to be a sevro or Rc guy to do the simple mod,4 small screws to open the case and switch the motor wires and then cut the red and green wires in the board and connect the red to green and green to red and shrink them.

I you want send me the sevro and I will mod it for you.

#4444 3 years ago

Anyone have any advice on how to easily move this post? It’s threaded into the play field and through. Just want to move it to the other hole. I see more right outlane drains then left. I have the lock nut taken off already. Thanks.

9540FE44-AEDF-4BBA-9FA3-B931841B62A8 (resized).jpeg9540FE44-AEDF-4BBA-9FA3-B931841B62A8 (resized).jpeg
#4445 3 years ago
Quoted from FNwoz:

Anyone have any advice on how to easily move this post? It’s threaded into the play field and through. Just want to move it to the other hole. I see more right outlane drains then left. I have the lock nut taken off already. Thanks.
[quoted image]

Put a deep socket on it and push from underneath while turning counter clockwise. Take it slow or you risk chipping the playfield.

#4446 3 years ago
Quoted from FNwoz:

[quoted image]

Use a small wrench (something like this https://www.mscdirect.com/browse/tnpla/96016613) on the top to hold it in place, as you use a socket to remove the nut from the other side, then once the nut is off, tap the post out.

#4447 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Use a small wrench (something like this https://www.mscdirect.com/browse/tnpla/96016613) on the top to hold it in place, as you use a socket to remove the nut from the other side, then once the nut is off, tap the post out.

I wouldn't tap it out. Trust me, twist it out. If the post is tight, you run the risk of chipping the playfield by tapping it out. I've done it before and it will ruin your night.

Take the lock nut off, like you've already done, and push it with your finger while twisting it counter clockwise.

#4448 3 years ago

Thanks everyone for the quick advice. Out of curiosity where is everyone’s post located on the left. I have an early pro and read how Prem/LE had it in the hole I am trying to move mine to.

#4449 3 years ago
Quoted from RetroGamerJP:

Double check that the rollover switch on the shooter lane ramp isn't popped out of place and sticking up too far. When I had my ramp out during my Turtle Select Bracket Install, somehow the rollover switch popped out and was fully on top of the ramp (normally there is a bend in the end of the wire that is under the ramp as a stopper)
When this was the case it was getting the same behavior as you were. even with turning up the plunge power the balls were not reliably making it up the ramp. Once I popped it back into place, problem solved and I was able to put auto plunge power back to normal.

Wow! I have the Turtle Select as well! That must be it!
New to pinball so I’m not familiar with all the parts. What’s a rollover switch lol
Mind snapping a photo?

#4450 3 years ago

Are pros still available for immediate shipping or are they still in production for next month?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Twisted Tokens

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 3.49
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 16.00
$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Machine - For Sale
Waxhaw, NC
10,500 (OBO)
$ 7,000.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 7,999.00
$ 22.00
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 23.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

There are 12,043 posts in this topic. You are on page 89 of 241.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-club2020-cowabunga-its-pizza-time/page/89?hl=jakers and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.