(Topic ID: 271489)

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Club(Stern 2020): Cowabunga! It’s Pizza Time!

By Tuxedomask23

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,057 posts
  • 829 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 hours ago by arcadem
  • Topic is favorited by 335 Pinsiders

You

Topic poll

“Which model are you going to purchase”

• Pro 285 votes
    50%
  • Premium 167 votes
    29%
  • LE 120 votes
    21%

(572 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20240423-005247 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240423-005259 (resized).png
20240415_084026 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image.png
PXL_20240413_183258513.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_3649 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3648 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5713 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5712 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8262 (resized).jpeg
20240406_124621 (resized).jpg
SystemJPinball.ca_1_TMNT-MenuCard-PremLE-Mean1.1_example-3 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,057 posts in this topic. You are on page 86 of 242.
#4251 3 years ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

My game is leveled and set up properly. The left outlane is shitty no matter how you slice it. Either a hitting a shot clean or watching it brick towards the left outlane is not good game design. The lair shot is a waste of space and the reward for hitting it is not worth the risk of trying to attempt and brick. People are moving on because there are games(in the last 3 years) that shoot better and don't leave you as frustrated.

I have had no frustration with the left outlane since I installed the double post.

For the lair superbands make it much easier. It taught me the rolling backflip which once I got the hang of it found it quite easy. Also quite achievable with the right flipper whilst holding the left.

It is a rewarding shot. I really enjoy the training challenge. I like how time can be extended. I also like how it is used for super jackpots.

If you have not adjusted the outlane or put superbands on I suggest you give it a go. No point owning a pin that gives you the shits. The game is still hard but when I have a good game I feel pretty good about it.

#4252 3 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

I think the game shoots good, personally. It's just a tough shooter with some tight shots. And code could still save the game from a lot of the difficulty that leads to frustration.
I also think the LAIR shot is awesome, it's one of my favourite aspects of the game! The current question is whether its WORTH hitting. If the code adequately rewarded you for shooting it, the shot's difficulty could be justified.
But, unfortunately, if we're waiting for code revisions, I suspect we're gonna have a bad time.

One of the things you are missing with the pro is the lair lock. The mushroom(?) pizza topping enables that and it's definitely worth hitting during PPMB.

I think there's still room for improvement. For example, Mike's pizza eating perk. It's a perk that applies to only a very small part of the game as opposed to something that generally helps you along as you play the game (like increasing April Hurry Up points).

Rob

#4253 3 years ago
Quoted from Jon9508:

I got the one from mezel mods and stuck a polly pocket
Micro turtle(raph) on the seat. Looks pretty good

I have the Mezel Mods Glider as well. What Raph did you get exactly? Trying to find one. Thanks.

#4254 3 years ago
Quoted from StarWarsTurtles:

I have the Mezel Mods Glider as well. What Raph did you get exactly? Trying to find one. Thanks.

There are a few different ones that were made in the early 90s. Its a about a size of a quarter.

Screenshot_20201022-011444_eBay (resized).jpgScreenshot_20201022-011444_eBay (resized).jpg
#4255 3 years ago
Quoted from TheHoss:

Pin stadiums are Neo Fusions, rubbers are Titan’s. Went green for flippers and post sleeves, glow in the dark for slings, yellow on April’s side, red on Lair side, and clear up towards the pops.

I've seen the Pinstadium Neo and they don't seem like they are for me - too much reflection from the plastics and playfield, am I off base?

#4256 3 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Want to get a Turtles for my next NIB. Are they still shipping with printed playfield art issues? Leaning towards the pro on this one. What do you guys or gals think who own either the pro or the premium?
For me Black Knight premium was a must and my first NIB Stern purchase. Have Monster Bash SE also and I think TMNT would be a great addition. I have other older pins and the wife prefers newer ones.
Played a LE Turtles and thought it was really fun. I am not a big Turtles fan since I was born in 71, but the wife and kids love them. Saw the first movie in college on a bootleg copy on vhs lol. Thanks for any feedback.

I got one of the second run of TMNT Pro games and have ZERO playfield issues. I don't know who got the bad one(s) - and certainly was worried when I saw the pictures - but mine was excellent. Received mine late August/early September.

#4257 3 years ago
Quoted from marcus600:

like i said , i don t want Printed 3D version.. it s realy bad for this price

Wrong, it looks very good. I'm happy with my buy.

#4258 3 years ago

I had one of the first pros. Art under star post. But I must say besides the silly chipping under the pizza parlour ball guide on the right no probs except for the shooter lane chipping on first day Grrrrr. The actual art is pristine and I have no dimples on playfield which I thought never happened. Except for the drop under the right ramp exit in the left orbit. Guess everyone will get dimples there. Wonder if a cliffy with printed art on top would solve this area?

#4259 3 years ago
Quoted from marcus600:

Hello,
did someone found something for the TMNT GLIDER ?
i found only some ugly printed version for 70 $ , it s probably a joke ... no thanks , i can do it myself

i searched the internet long time to find a glider toy, but i was not successful. I think there is none. And a smart move of Stern to use a toy that is not avaiable on the market

yes 70$ is much, but i don't think there is much of an alternative, if you can't 3D-Print and design yourself.

#4260 3 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

I think the game shoots good, personally. It's just a tough shooter with some tight shots. And code could still save the game from a lot of the difficulty that leads to frustration.
I also think the LAIR shot is awesome, it's one of my favourite aspects of the game! The current question is whether its WORTH hitting. If the code adequately rewarded you for shooting it, the shot's difficulty could be justified.
But, unfortunately, if we're waiting for code revisions, I suspect we're gonna have a bad time.

Tight shots? Where in this game is one tight shot? JP has tight shots, i still play the game every day and i love how challanging it is.
The shots in TMNT are just punishing AF with this left outlane and tons of high risk targets next to nearly every important shot, now add an unsatisfying code and you have TMNT.
Last code update was one month ago with nearly no change, final battle was a really unsatisfying experience for me. I drained with ball two on the second stage and wasn't able to continue with ball three, the game just starts over again and scoring was weak.
IMO It could have been a good machine with some layout and code adjustments- not happening.

#4261 3 years ago

I have a TMNT Pro running 1.22 code and my ramp lock is not working. Coil test does nothing. My distro sent me a new coil as the original one had burn marks on the wrapper but after installing the new coil it still does not work. Interesting thing as in the coil test mode it also lists the wrong color wire. it says YELLOW when it is actually GREY/BLACK for power.

I also noticed the readme file on stern code download is only 1.21.

Anyone have the same issue or any ideas? Everything else on the game works fine so didnt think it could be the node board?

#4262 3 years ago
Quoted from cabal:

i searched the internet long time to find a glider toy, but i was not successful. I think there is none. And a smart move of Stern to use a toy that is not avaiable on the market
yes 70$ is much, but i don't think there is much of an alternative, if you can't 3D-Print and design yourself.

https://mezelmods.com/collections/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-pinball-stern/products/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-pinball-pro-glider

#4263 3 years ago
Quoted from pb456:

I've seen the Pinstadium Neo and they don't seem like they are for me - too much reflection from the plastics and playfield, am I off base?

I have the neo (not the new fusions). This was my first set of lights and I was on the fence about buying them since they are a pretty big investment. After having them for a few months now I'm super glad I got them. I can play this machine in a dark room with no issues. It does have some reflection off of some things on the sides but I really dont notice. This is something I wish I had on every machine. Would buy again in a second.

#4264 3 years ago

Regarding the software 1.22 issue some (LE owners?) of us face with the machine loading 4 balls into the van during turtle power multiball (and then forgetting about the 4th ball): I think my distributor here found the solution. The receiver board on my ball trough (the one closer to the player) apparently was a new type of this board and the sensors did not align with the respective holes against which it is mounted, thus blocking one of the sensors. My distributor just replaced the board with a different version (don't know whether "older" or "newer") and since then, I have been able to play 10+ TP MBs properly with no issues anymore - on software 1.22!

@xaqery: Might this make sense? Again, I use the LE #62/500.

pinballaddicted Thunderbird Mr_G_Hosting

#4265 3 years ago
Quoted from azur3:

Regarding the software 1.22 issue some (LE owners?) of us face with the machine loading 4 balls into the van during turtle power multiball (and then forgetting about the 4th ball): I think my distributor here found the solution. The receiver board on my ball trough (the one closer to the player) apparently was a new type of this board and the sensors did not align with the respective holes against which it is mounted, thus blocking one of the sensors. My distributor just replaced the board with a different version (don't know whether "older" or "newer") and since then, I have been able to play 10+ TP MBs properly with no issues anymore - on software 1.22!
xaqery: Might this make sense? Again, I use the LE #62/500.
pinballaddicted thunderbird mr_g_hosting

I swear on mine it doesn't happen during the TP MB it happens when I get the pizza multiball with the extra balls (gummy bears) that dump out of the van. I usually play Michelangelo and get this first and find I have to drop the glass and get the ball from the van after its done.

#4266 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

It’s literally the reason why I ordered it. Mike looks so goofy

Eh screw it I just ordered one too.

#4267 3 years ago

Who is running the 1987 version and is it fun, better, different, must-have etc? Keen to hear everyone's thoughts before making this change. Thanks!

#4268 3 years ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

Who is running the 1987 version and is it fun, better, different, must-have etc? Keen to hear everyone's thoughts before making this change. Thanks!

of course the shots are same, but else it's a total different experience. It's no big trouble going back and forth if you have two 2 sd cards.
I personally would not change it that often, it will flash the node boards on each change and i am not sure how often they are writable or if it matters at all.

I playing the machine for some time now, i like both versions.
At first i disliked the Stern version, i would say i got used to and get along with it now, but some animations will just suck forever
1987 is more teleporting you back to the end of 80s its so much near that feeling. So if you can still remember late 80s and know the original series
it's a must to try out.

#4269 3 years ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

I put the 1987 code on yesterday. Only played one game so far, but both me and my wife are very very impressed! I’m loving it,can’t wait too see all the other animations for modes etc. I only saw mousers and beebop n rocksteady, and multiballs, soooo much better imo . Very well done indeed. And the “game over” credits totally rule !!

#4270 3 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

Tight shots? Where in this game is one tight shot?

The right orbit is a tight shot, the Krang loop is tight, the Pizza Parlour shot is pretty tight, Lair Lane/under flipper shot is tight. The ramps are pretty steep, so even if they aren't exactly tight, you do need to hit them pretty clean to make them.

But yeah, I think we can agree TMNT isn't Houdini or anything.

#4271 3 years ago

I watched a Twitch streamer get very far in the final battle on a Pro in Competition Play (no extra balls?) and I think my ultimate takeaway from that was git gud.

In case anyone is interested, here's the stream starting from his ball two where he goes from two completed modes all the way to Final Battle after completing all episodes successfully:
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/767598589?t=1h45m20s

Clearly he's a skilled player. That said, I think this proves that the game is fair. His final score was around 140 Million, which I've never seen before on this game. Not sure what code version, but even on old code, that score seems pretty high.

#4272 3 years ago
Quoted from azur3:

xaqery: Might this make sense? Again, I use the LE #62/500.
pinballaddicted thunderbird mr_g_hosting

Our distro informed us that Stern are aware of the Van loading issue and will address in the next code update.

#4273 3 years ago
Quoted from plasticbugs:

Not sure what code version, but even on old code, that score seems pretty high.

I've gotten to Final Battle with 7 of 8 modes completed, with 2X PF running and was awarded like 43 million just for starting Final Battle. Definitely alot of points to be had if you make it that far. I think you're awarded 2.5 million as a base plus up to 25 million depending on episodes completed which can then be doubled to 55 million.

#4274 3 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

I've gotten to Final Battle with 7 of 8 modes completed, with 2X PF running and was awarded like 43 million just for starting Final Battle. Definitely alot of points to be had if you make it that far. I think you're awarded 2.5 million as a base plus up to 25 million depending on episodes completed which can then be doubled to 55 million.

I find all the episodes have heaps of variety. Mousers is over so quick so you better get control of the ball quick or be in mb.

How did you find the final battle? Has it got spark?

For some reason I still find the right ramp tough.

#4275 3 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

I find all the episodes have heaps of variety. Mousers is over so quick so you better get control of the ball quick or be in mb.
For some reason I still find the right ramp tough.

right ramp rattles around a lot. it is tough for sure.

#4276 3 years ago

I'm finally at the point of buying this pin. Leaning towards Premium/LE.

Really want a LE. But would I lose out on warranty fixes and such if I go secondary route?

#4277 3 years ago
Quoted from BaxterStockman:

Really want a LE. But would I lose out on warranty fixes and such if I go secondary route?

I believe officially, yes. Actually, no. I have never had Stern deny a legit claim (up to and including playfield replacements) because of not being the original owner.

#4278 3 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Yeah, I agree, the episodes are all unique enough and the call outs and video do the job well, in my opinion.

Final Battle is pretty good, but I think the fact that you can do Final Battle Challenge maybe takes away a bit of the specialness of it. Though ultimately, it is a fun mode. Though it's a little weird how phase 1 is MB, phase 2 is single ball and phase 3 is MB again.

#4279 3 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

Yeah, I agree, the episodes are all unique enough and the call outs and video do the job well, in my opinion.
Final Battle is pretty good, but I think the fact that you can do Final Battle Challenge maybe takes away a bit of the specialness of it. Though ultimately, it is a fun mode. Though it's a little weird how phase 1 is MB, phase 2 is single ball and phase 3 is MB again.

Thanks! Yeah I won’t do the challenge on its own unless I have to sell it and I’ve never made it to final battle. That won’t happen unless I’m desperate for cash. Great game.

#4280 3 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Must admit, was questioning buying TMNT after seeing some say how brutal it is. Thought, well this one won’t last long in my collection, but that couldn’t be further from the truth. It is staying and the concern I had about it being a drain monster or brutal is gone. Don’t consider this game brutal at all. The pizza wheel spinner for example, is smartly programmed and designed to keep the ball from going SDTM. Think correct setup is key with this game to dial it into what John designed it to be. In contrast JP2, I do consider to be somewhat of a tough shooter and can be drain crazy at times.
After playing a bunch of games, can say without a doubt, TMNT is the best playing smoothest machine I’ve ever played! And that’s saying something, since I’ve owned or own various top tier games. Played almost every machine from every manufacturer old and new and TMNT hands down in my opinion hits on every cylinder. This should be a “game of the year” contender, but is a tough year going against AIQ as well. TMNT layout is top notch and there are so many pinball moments. So glad I own this LE machine.
Had fun color matching all Titan silicon to each area of the Playfield too!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Can you please provide a list of the Colored titan rubbers you had to order, i was planning on just all green, but matching them with the playfield will look much better

Also do low bounce make games a bit easier ?
whats peoples opinion on low bounce flipper rubbers

#4281 3 years ago

Anyone had this issue before looks like I might need a new board 9? Seems like it’s just off the lights on board 9 and the pizza spinner, lairshot and who knows what else..

296670BF-5A8B-49C9-A404-1E1EB32CBA16 (resized).jpeg296670BF-5A8B-49C9-A404-1E1EB32CBA16 (resized).jpeg9310A804-5CA2-4413-ADC9-E863690358E4 (resized).jpeg9310A804-5CA2-4413-ADC9-E863690358E4 (resized).jpeg
#4282 3 years ago
Quoted from Blackzarak:

Anyone had this issue before looks like I might need a new board 9? Seems like it’s just off the lights on board 9 and the pizza spinner, lairshot and who knows what else..
[quoted image][quoted image]

Says you have a short in a GI (general illumination) bulb on topside of the playfield around the mid-playfleld area. Remove the GI bulbs and re-insert them one at a time to isolate which one (or ones) went bad.

#4283 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Says you have a short in a GI (general illumination) bulb on topside of the playfield around the mid-playfleld area. Remove the GI bulbs and re-insert them one at a time to isolate which one (or ones) went bad.

Thanks bud I’ll check it out tomorrow and see if I can pinpoint the problem. I didn’t get that far I was trying to fix another pin of mine.. to many pins and to many problems not enough time lol

#4284 3 years ago

I've seen a lot of comments as to the rules of the game and how code could fix some of the brutality or fairness. I have a few ideas I think would not be terribly difficult to implement. Maybe Xaqery will take some of these into consideration <fingers crossed>

1) I have played this game a TON. I really do enjoy it a lot. I can't tell you how many hours I've put in (but it's a lot), and I think I know the rules as well as anybody who didn't write the code. Yet... I STILL cannot figure out how to re-qualify L-A-I-R and A-P-R-I-L after you collect so many that they stop allowing collects. Does anyone know? I feel like it might just be a "next ball" sort of thing... possibly only after Team-Up is completed? Regardless, the reason I bring this up is because it really halts the game, and there are several other areas of the code like this. I'd like a flat out way to re-qualify them during a single ball.

2) Why can't there be a way to get Bonus Hold outside of the pop-bumpers? It could be very strategic and fun to allow for this in some way.

3) I'd love to see the level-up abilities re-worked. A lot of the level 3 and 4 bonuses aren't relevant by the time you'd get them. I go into detail on this in the following post:

Quoted from Crater:

However, I find that for some of the turtles, the later level bonuses are already gone by the time you get there.

4) More interesting pizza slice benchmarks.... maybe pizza eating contest + Bonus Hold on one of them.... I don't know I feel like there's a lot more that could be done with it.

5) I am not sure how jackpots are set and how they climb in Turtle Power Multiball, but maybe you could combine something like if you collect a weapon during the ball that you're on when you get Turtle Power Multiball, the jackpots double... or something... I don't know, I'd just like to see some more meshing of the objectives.

6) Utilize the action button more!!! You pioneered action button play with GoT and Star Wars... why did you completely forget it in this game? I know there's a glider mech to worry about, but there's gotta be a way.

7) I HATE the "Battle Again" mechanic... we all hate the darn left outlane. It's not a secret. However, I should be able to set Battle Again on it to counter this. I swear... every time I get "Battle Again" lit, it moves to the opposite outlane. I really want this to be less random. I think EVERYONE would be extremely happy if there was a way to pick the left outlane or even just give us both lit and once one of them is used they both go out. Just... something is gotta be possible here.

A lot of people mention that they don't like 1-2-3 foot because it sort of blocks them from other objectives. I feel like I might be in the minority on this, but I actually like it for that exact reason. It's nice to have it block Turtle Power Multiball so I can collect the episode light without going forward with the multiball (I like to bring a multiball into an episode). This topic of objectives blocking other objectives is extremely relevant in this game though, I think it might be overused a bit. The flow of the game just seems halted more frequently than you'd expect.

Sometimes I wonder if this game was meant more for co-op than for single player because it certainly plays friendlier when you have multiple people. It's just a ton more fun because there's never a 4-player game where everyone doesn't get Team-Up, and that's really cool.... however.... I play pinball solo these day much more frequently than with people (thanks a lot COVID-19 ... ) and I think the solo game suffers quite a bit.

#4285 3 years ago
Quoted from Yobits:

I love the feeling of the low bounce flipper rubbers from Titan. I put them on all my machines now. They make the flippers more controllable and easier to catch the ball. They also slow down the ball if you are hitting one that is coming at you since it sort of cushions it. So overall more controllable and I love the feel a lot better.

#4286 3 years ago
Quoted from Blackzarak:

[quoted image][quoted image]

thats the same error (minus gi-wht) that I got when i updated my premium to 1.21 on day one that nuked my glider from working again.

#4287 3 years ago
Quoted from BaxterStockman:

There is no warranty.

#4288 3 years ago
Quoted from Crater:

) I have played this game a TON. I really do enjoy it a lot. I can't tell you how many hours I've put in (but it's a lot), and I think I know the rules as well as anybody who didn't write the code. Yet... I STILL cannot figure out how to re-qualify L-A-I-R and A-P-R-I-L after you collect so many that they stop allowing collects. Does anyone know? I feel like it might just be a "next ball" sort of thing... possibly only after Team-Up is completed? Regardless, the reason I bring this up is because it really halts the game, and there are several other areas of the code like this. I'd like a flat out way to re-qualify them during a single ball.
wa

Have you checked out the rule sheet? There’s a link to it in this forum. Starting the next episode qualifies the next lair and April. So do an episode then hit the mono targets to start next training.

Quoted from Crater:

7) I HATE the "Battle Again" mechanic... we all hate the darn left outlane. It's not a secret. However, I should be able to set Battle Again on it to counter this. I swear... every time I get "Battle Again" lit, it moves to the opposite outlane. I really want this to be less random. I think EVERYONE would be extremely happy if there was a way to pick the left outlane or even just give us both lit and once one of them is used they both go out. Just... something is gotta be possible here.

Go to game specific settings and change the battle again option to flipper buttons. Then you can quickly change the position with a flipper press. No more randomness. And adds a bit of fun to the outlanes.

If you hate the left outlane, use drawer bumper or Siamese post.

#4289 3 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Have you checked out the rule sheet? There’s a link to it in this forum.

Here‘s the most detailed rulesheet I know: http://tiltforums.com/t/stern-tmnt-rulesheet-early-wip/6599

Crater

#4290 3 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

Tight shots? Where in this game is one tight shot? JP has tight shots, i still play the game every day and i love how challanging it is.
The shots in TMNT are just punishing AF with this left outlane and tons of high risk targets next to nearly every important shot, now add an unsatisfying code and you have TMNT.
Last code update was one month ago with nearly no change, final battle was a really unsatisfying experience for me. I drained with ball two on the second stage and wasn't able to continue with ball three, the game just starts over again and scoring was weak.
IMO It could have been a good machine with some layout and code adjustments- not happening.

I respectfully disagree. Both orbits are tight. Inner ramp and loop are tricky. Right ramp is sort of tight and closer to the flippers than a lot of ramps. Lair is hard for a lot of people until they sharpen their skills.

I’ve played a bit of JP2 and I don’t find the shots that hard.

As to frustrating and cheap, once the left outlane is fixed the game does not have cheap drains. Try TWD.

As to drains when missing shots, WCS, NGG, AFM will all bounce SDTM if you hit a ramp post. These are easy games. They drain. Why is turtles so unfair.

No orbits drain if I rattle them, left ramp fail does not drain, right ramp fail sometimes. Pizza parlour reject always kicks to the right and goes safely to right flipper. Stand ups don’t drain for me. The only shot that I miss that can piss me off besides hitting a ramp post is if I miss with the upper left flipper and go straight down right outlane.

I love the code. And the shots. I get a buzz and sometimes I’m frustrated. But isn’t that why we play for the challenge? I get it that it’s not the hobbit and I can’t have a 1 hour game. But that’s not what I want. I want the fast frenzy of turtles and I don’t mind short games.

You’ve sold your game. Stop coming into the owners club and shitting on our game. All the best dude!

#4291 3 years ago
Quoted from Yobits:

Can you please provide a list of the Colored titan rubbers you had to order, i was planning on just all green, but matching them with the playfield will look much better

Here is my list of Titans I ordered, with colors to match PF areas. (See earlier post with photos)

I haven’t tried the low bounce flipper rings, so can’t give an opinion, but would think low bounce might have more control.
B30DD381-C669-480C-9C0C-25F8C85B143A (resized).jpegB30DD381-C669-480C-9C0C-25F8C85B143A (resized).jpeg

#4292 3 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

I respectfully disagree. Both orbits are tight. Inner ramp and loop are tricky. Right ramp is sort of tight and closer to the flippers than a lot of ramps. Lair is hard for a lot of people until they sharpen their skills.
As to frustrating and cheap, once the left outlane is fixed the game does not have cheap drains. Try TWD.
As to drains when missing shots, WCS, NGG, AFM will all bounce SDTM if you hit a ramp post. These are easy games. They drain. Why is turtles so unfair.
No orbits drain if I rattle them, left ramp fail does not drain, right ramp fail sometimes. Pizza parlour reject always kicks to the left and goes safely to left flipper. Stand ups don’t drain for me. The only shot that I miss that can piss me off besides hitting a ramp post is if I miss with the upper left flipper and go straight down right outlane.
I love the code. And the shots. I get a buzz and sometimes I’m frustrated. But isn’t that why we play for the challenge? I get it that it’s not the hobbit and I can’t have a 1 hour game. But that’s not what I want. I want the fast frenzy of turtles and I don’t mind short games.
You’ve sold your game. Stop coming into the owners club and shitting on our game. All the best dude!

Would agree and like to add my take after really looking this design over and thinking about it. Some people just don’t seem to get the brilliance of this design, as if John Borg a designer for 30+ years, doesn’t know what he’s doing. Lol

TMNT is an asymmetrical PF. It’s not meant to have evenly balanced left and right out-lanes, with evenly balanced drain numbers, like typical fan layouts. It’s not a fan layout, rather its layout is meant to be a game of flow from one shot to another. Example, flow from right ramp to upper right flipper to center ramp, diverted back to right flipper, flowing to the left ramp, to begin an episode.

Think TMNT is being incorrectly maligned as to the left outlane drain, since it was opened up on purpose to create some challenge, without which, challenge would be greatly reduced. It is not a left outlane drain monster as some think, after really studying the layout design. The design is quite unusual and not symmetrical like many fan layout PFs. Study the flow of the table and see that it is not a layout meant to frustrate players, rather a new style layout, that is more appreciated, the more its played. I think in years to come, TMNT will be highly sought after by pinball players as they begin to understand the brilliance in game play design. TMNT has been created by one of the most savvy experienced designers in the world of pinball, John Borg. Think TMNT and Tron are a couple of his best ball flow designs. Tron was not well appreciated at first either, until players began to recognize some of the things I’m mentioning here.

TMNT, even has 2 of its flippers on the left with most shots shooting from left to right. Without being diverted, most balls are returned to the left hand flippers. The diverter helps get the ball to the right flipper or shoot right ramp or right orbit to get it around to the right flipper. The geometry is quite unusual and after studying it out, quite a brilliant design and unlike most any other layout in pinball. You cannot flail the ball around without draining frustration and therefore shots need to be setup by cradling. Speed is a feature of this game, so you’re not just chopping wood, with hitting the ball on the same shot over and over again. The ball actually keeps gaining speed to reach climax and then returns to the flippers.

What do you guys think of the design after thinking about it, not as the typical symmetrical centric design like most PFs, rather being an asymmetrical left hand design?

#4293 3 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Have you checked out the rule sheet? There’s a link to it in this forum. Starting the next episode qualifies the next lair and April. So do an episode then hit the mono targets to start next training.

I really thought I'd tried this... feel a bit sheepish on that one

Quoted from gumnut01:

Go to game specific settings and change the battle again option to flipper buttons. Then you can quickly change the position with a flipper press. No more randomness. And adds a bit of fun to the outlanes.
If you hate the left outlane, use drawer bumper or Siamese post.

The pinball scene in Seattle is pretty hoppin' and I play tournaments and leagues a lot. I like to keep the settings default so I don't get too used to something way off. If there are custom settings for this, I think the flipper choice would be a better default than the sling change.

Quoted from Thunderbird:

What do you guys think of the design after thinking about it, not as the typical symmetrical centric design like most PFs, rather being an asymmetrical left hand design?

I don't disagree with the aim of your thesis, but there's an undeniable and uncontrollable "swish-factor" on that left outlane. That's a fact. I don't disparage pins for trying something new, I absolutely love unique designs. That's why I'm a big fan of mid-80s Bally games. They tried a bunch out there and took some BIG swings and sometimes missed. The problem is the swish-factor on that outlane is accentuated by the randomness of the disc and slings. That along with the Battle Again default being too randomized make it unusually brutal. That was really my original point. With a sure-fire default-rules way to "Battle Again" that outlane, I think it would negate the negativity around the left outlane.

My original post was meant to help cultivate ideas on things I've noticed during play. I hope we don't get too focused on the left outlane. It was late when I wrote it and I meant to be a bit sarcastic but maybe it came out differently in my head. It's just been a topic of discussion a lot lately and so I brought it up meaning to connect it with the Battle Again portion.

#4294 3 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

No orbits drain if I rattle them, left ramp fail does not drain, right ramp fail sometimes. Pizza parlour reject always kicks to the left and goes safely to left flipper. Stand ups don’t drain for me. The only shot that I miss that can piss me off besides hitting a ramp post is if I miss with the upper left flipper and go straight down right outlane.

thats fair.

#4295 3 years ago
Quoted from PinHead50:

thats the same error (minus gi-wht) that I got when i updated my premium to 1.21 on day one that nuked my glider from working again.

My ramp lock hasn’t worked on my pro since updating to 1.21. Can you tell me more about your glider issue? Did a node board die after updating?

#4296 3 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Would agree and like to add my take after really looking this design over and thinking about it. Some people just don’t seem to get the brilliance of this design, as if John Borg a designer for 30+ years, doesn’t know what he’s doing. Lol
TMNT is an asymmetrical PF. It’s not meant to have evenly balanced left and right out-lanes, with evenly balanced drain numbers, like typical fan layouts. It’s not a fan layout, rather its layout is meant to be a game of flow from one shot to another. Example, flow from right ramp to upper right flipper to center ramp, diverted back to right flipper, flowing to the left ramp, to begin an episode.
Think TMNT is being incorrectly maligned as to the left outlane drain, since it was opened up on purpose to create some challenge, without which, challenge would be greatly reduced. It is not a left outlane drain monster as some think, after really studying the layout design. The design is quite unusual and not symmetrical like many fan layout PFs. Study the flow of the table and see that it is not a layout meant to frustrate players, rather a new style layout, that is more appreciated, the more its played. I think in years to come, TMNT will be highly sought after by pinball players as they begin to understand the brilliance in game play design. TMNT has been created by one of the most savvy experienced designers in the world of pinball, John Borg. Think TMNT and Tron are a couple of his best ball flow designs. Tron was not well appreciated at first either, until players began to recognize some of the things I’m mentioning here.
TMNT, even has 2 of its flippers on the left with most shots shooting from left to right. Without being diverted, most balls are returned to the left hand flippers. The diverter helps get the ball to the right flipper or shoot right ramp or right orbit to get it around to the right flipper. The geometry is quite unusual and after studying it out, quite a brilliant design and unlike most any other layout in pinball. You cannot flail the ball around without draining frustration and therefore shots need to be setup by cradling. Speed is a feature of this game, so you’re not just chopping wood, with hitting the ball on the same shot over and over again. The ball actually keeps gaining speed to reach climax and then returns to the flippers.

The layout feels like a faster version of Star Trek to me except center ramp and upper flipper flipped to opposite sides. The right ramp is just closer but same layout feel when played side by side. I knew they looked similar layout when i got TMNT but after playing them together Star Trek has to go cause TMNT is just more fun and challenging to me.

#4297 3 years ago
Quoted from Yobits:

I used this kit, all green. Was actually a much easier install then I thought. Once you get remove the two wireforms you can access just about everything. I didn't worry about PF color matching. Green everywhere looks great.

https://www.titanpinball.com/kits/index.php/view/id/1463

#4298 3 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

Green everywhere looks great.

Could you post a picture?

#4299 3 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

I used this kit, all green. Was actually a much easier install then I thought. Once you get remove the two wireforms you can access just about everything. I didn't worry about PF color matching. Green everywhere looks great.

What kit?

#4300 3 years ago
Quoted from Hashman:

My ramp lock hasn’t worked on my pro since updating to 1.21. Can you tell me more about your glider issue? Did a node board die after updating?

Kinda the same, it worked for a bit, then started to stop working. Started locking the ball then it would release right after in one game, now in the very next game it doesn’t lock at all. Saw someone replaced their coil already and that didn’t fix it. Doesn’t trigger in the coil test either.

Edit: every once in awhile it will trigger during the slash episode, it’s weird.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tualatin, OR
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Twisted Tokens

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 3.49
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 16.00
$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

6,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Gainesville, FL
$ 7,000.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 7,999.00
$ 22.00
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 23.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

10,500 (OBO)
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

There are 12,057 posts in this topic. You are on page 86 of 242.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-club2020-cowabunga-its-pizza-time/page/86 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.