(Topic ID: 271489)

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Club(Stern 2020): Cowabunga! It’s Pizza Time!

By Tuxedomask23

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,043 posts
  • 828 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 26 hours ago by MrBigg
  • Topic is favorited by 336 Pinsiders

You

Topic poll

“Which model are you going to purchase”

• Pro 285 votes
    50%
  • Premium 166 votes
    29%
  • LE 119 votes
    21%

(570 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240415_084026 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image.png
PXL_20240413_183258513.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_3649 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3648 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5713 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5712 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8262 (resized).jpeg
20240406_124621 (resized).jpg
SystemJPinball.ca_1_TMNT-MenuCard-PremLE-Mean1.1_example-3 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,043 posts in this topic. You are on page 85 of 241.
#4201 3 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Check the keyposts in the thread - you have another option.

Thanks, i was thinking of something similar. I may give that a try before going the oblong start post route.

#4202 3 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

totally agree. Dwight needs to lighten up on 123 foot.. And one mode should never make another mode unhittable. Like weapon should not make training be unhittable(i think thats the case)

If you are one away from pizza eating contest, you also get locked out of some things. I feel like a few things could be tweaked here and there still.

Rob

#4203 3 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

If you are one away from pizza eating contest, you also get locked out of some things. I feel like a few things could be tweaked here and there still.
Rob

This. Is the most frustrating one.

#4204 3 years ago

would be cool if you could cycle battle again with the lock bar button along with slings etc. frustrating draining when its lit on opposing lane

#4205 3 years ago
Quoted from GoldenOreos:

would be cool if you could cycle battle again with the lock bar button along with slings etc. frustrating draining when its lit on opposing lane

But having the flipper buttons cycle battle again allows you to save the ball as it starts to go down the outlane. Action button would be as difficult to use as BKSOR save.

#4206 3 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

But having the flipper buttons cycle battle again allows you to save the ball as it starts to go down the outlane. Action button would be as difficult to use as BKSOR save.

yea just lookin for another use for lockbar button as it's just pizza and ball launch.

#4207 3 years ago
Quoted from GoldenOreos:

You can't have the lock bar button do this because it's used for something else on the premium/LE models. I don't have a problem with battle again and how it's configured.

Rob

#4208 3 years ago

Someone requested a photo of how much I dremmelled the Siamese post. As you can see I went to town on the upper right corner.

The Siamese post can be adjusted to widen or narrow the gap. I find angling the post towards the side rail gives a challenge without being too hard. The gap is similar to the right side (if the post is moved). I get equal drains. You can make it harder by having the bottom end of the post touching the side rail or easier by having it further away from the side rail. In other words the beauty of this post is it allows you to adjust the difficulty very easily.

Because I angled mine I found the top right corner infringed on the balls egress from the lair. It would rub against the post and hop skip to the top of the sling and sdtm. So I was a bit miffed that I had fixed my outlane only to destroy the lair. So time to narrow the post. I just ground away at the offending corner with a grinding ball on my dremmel because that attachment is now permanently seized in my cheap dremmel. I would recommend using a conical grinding attachment to get a neater result. It does not matter if you are a little heavy handed as you never see it.

Anyway left land and lair exit now perfect. The other tip is to cut a rubber washer in half (m6 or m8 can’t remember) and use this under the bottom half of the post so to protect the playfield.

I never tried the drawer bumper solution but I would suspect this would cause different behaviour to your standard outlane posts. Where the ball could actually bounce out of the outlane rather than be obstructed from going into the outlane. Good there are 2 solutions. Whichever you choose it makes the game much less frustrating without being too easy.

9164EE1F-3BEC-43BD-A5D3-290C11DE7B5F (resized).jpeg9164EE1F-3BEC-43BD-A5D3-290C11DE7B5F (resized).jpegAE408ECD-2B95-43F3-B924-16CE1FA2D685 (resized).jpegAE408ECD-2B95-43F3-B924-16CE1FA2D685 (resized).jpegB9CA1146-CEB9-4799-8194-6FD7D3F0647A (resized).jpegB9CA1146-CEB9-4799-8194-6FD7D3F0647A (resized).jpeg
#4209 3 years ago

Anybody else who finds the sound very annoying when passing the opto of the centre ramp?

#4210 3 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Someone requested a photo of how much I dremmelled the Siamese post. As you can see I went to town on the upper right corner. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Strange - I did not have to Dremel my Siamese post at all and I don't have any interference with the LAIR exit. Perhaps there is a slight difference on premium vs. Pro(?)

#4211 3 years ago

Want to get a Turtles for my next NIB. Are they still shipping with printed playfield art issues? Leaning towards the pro on this one. What do you guys or gals think who own either the pro or the premium?

For me Black Knight premium was a must and my first NIB Stern purchase. Have Monster Bash SE also and I think TMNT would be a great addition. I have other older pins and the wife prefers newer ones.

Played a LE Turtles and thought it was really fun. I am not a big Turtles fan since I was born in 71, but the wife and kids love them. Saw the first movie in college on a bootleg copy on vhs lol. Thanks for any feedback.

#4212 3 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Want to get a Turtles for my next NIB. Are they still shipping with printed playfield art issues? Leaning towards the pro in this one. What do you guys or gals think who own either the pro or the premium?
For me Black Knight premium was a must and my first NIB Stern purchase. Have Monster Bash SE also and I think TMNT would be a great addition.
Played a LE Turtles and thought it was really fun. I am not a big Turtles fan since I was born in 71, but the wife and kids love them. Thanks for any feedback.

I am typically a premium guy and went with TMNT Premium, but this certainly seems to be a title where there is a ton of offerings in pro trim as well. Some may argue that the premiums have more problems with Glider and Van Ball Lock options but I am happy to report I have not had any of those issues.

I was lucky and did not have any issues with playfield quality but I haven't read anything recent to know if that is now a thing of the past.

In either trim the game is super fun and has become my favorite pin out of all titles I have owned thus far.

#4213 3 years ago
Quoted from RetroGamerJP:

Strange - I did not have to Dremel my Siamese post at all and I don't have any interference with the LAIR exit. Perhaps there is a slight difference on premium vs. Pro(?)

Ok. Definitely try without using dremmel first. But if it skips, this seems to fix it. I also have a launch problem that nobody else seems to have.

#4214 3 years ago

I am typically a premium guy and went with TMNT Premium, but this certainly seems to be a title where there is a ton of offerings in pro trim as well. Some may argue that the premiums have more problems with Glider and Van Ball Lock options but I am happy to report I have not had any of those issues.
I was lucky and did not have any issues with playfield quality but I haven't read anything recent to know if that is now a thing of the past.
In either trim the game is super fun and has become my favorite pin out of all titles I have owned thus far.

That’s great to here. Thank you for your reply. Glad to hear you still really like and enjoy it. Fun is what is all about in the end.

#4215 3 years ago

Has anyone ordered the mezel mods 3d technodrome? was curious how strong it is. Its a cool piece but for $80 I wanna make sure a pinball hitting it wont put a hole in it.

#4216 3 years ago

Would agree with it being favorite title of all games played or owned. Think TMNT is highly underrated and is one of the best designed and coded games ever made. Shots are so fun and combos are exhilarating, with tons of kinetic satisfaction. Friends that see it think it is such a loaded playfield. Lights are nice on this one and well done, by guiding ball objectives with blinking lights, but giving a non-confusing light show too. Not a fan of some makers games confusing game play objectives with light shows. A pinball basic rule is clearly knowing when you step up to a machine, “shoot the blinking light”.

#4217 3 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Would agree with it being favorite title of all games played or owned. Think TMNT is highly underrated and is one of the best designed and coded games ever made. Shots are so fun and combos are exhilarating, with tons of kinetic satisfaction. Friends that see it think it is such a loaded playfield. Lights are nice on this one and well done, by guiding ball objectives with blinking lights, but giving a non-confusing light show too. Not a fan of some makers games confusing game play objectives with light shows. A pinball basic rule is clearly knowing when you step up to a machine, “shoot the blinking light”.

Ramps and left outlane kill the game for a lot of people.

#4218 3 years ago

I saw this as a sticker somewhere. I ordered a magnet version of it from Redbubble for the coin door.

4BCA350C-D768-4F24-8CF7-F7AB0BB33FD4 (resized).jpeg4BCA350C-D768-4F24-8CF7-F7AB0BB33FD4 (resized).jpegA69B9598-1DDA-4153-8203-7234C65B6C72 (resized).jpegA69B9598-1DDA-4153-8203-7234C65B6C72 (resized).jpeg
#4219 3 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

one of the best designed and coded games ever made.

Personally, I think the game is fun and has potential. But there's no way I'd say it's anywhere near one of the best coded games ever made. Obviously personal opinion, but there's too much about the game that feels disjointed, separate or lacking incentives.

#4220 3 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

Personally, I think the game is fun and has potential. But there's no way I'd say it's anywhere near one of the best coded games ever made. Obviously personal opinion, but there's too much about the game that feels disjointed, separate or lacking incentives.

I agree. I'm a fan of the game no doubt but I wouldn't even say top 10. Solid code for sure but that's it

#4221 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I agree. I'm a fan of the game no doubt but I wouldn't even say top 10. Solid code for sure but that's it

But who wants to own the top 10? That would be pretty boring. I only have 7, but I think you have to mix it up a bit. If you want a fun fast difficult game with a good breadth and Depth and a great theme I think tmnt fits the bill. Coop is great. I want an IM because of theme and brutality but maybe this would be too similar to turtles. So if you already own a lot of fast ball busters then maybe TMNT isn’t suitable. But if you have a lot of long ball time slower pins then this is perfect.

#4222 3 years ago

In need of some guinea pigs. May have found a code glitch that doesn’t allow 2vs2 games?

Curious if anyone has tried to play a 2vs2 game since the code update. I have a Pro and attempted one today on 1.22. It looked alright from the beginning (everything correct on the display), but only player one gets to play their three balls (in a row), then the game ends. Tried it again and it did the same thing. I recreated it and took a video, but it’s 3mins long. Figured I’d see if anyone else can recreate it before I contact Stern with the 300mb video.

#4223 3 years ago

I’m really looking at a pro. How you guys liking this long term? Seems like a bunch went up for sale early so it made me wonder why. Debating on this or a Star Wars premium comic edition.

#4224 3 years ago

Checked my audits today and found double the amount of left drain as right. I put the rubber drawer bumper on the side and it def seems to make the ball drain less. Now we watch and see. Cheap and easy fix

#4225 3 years ago
Quoted from PBaller22:

In need of some guinea pigs. May have found a code glitch that doesn’t allow 2vs2 games?
Curious if anyone has tried to play a 2vs2 game since the code update. I have a Pro and attempted one today on 1.22. It looked alright from the beginning (everything correct on the display), but only player one gets to play their three balls (in a row), then the game ends. Tried it again and it did the same thing. I recreated it and took a video, but it’s 3mins long. Figured I’d see if anyone else can recreate it before I contact Stern with the 300mb video.

Plays fine? Stupid question, did you hit start 4 times? That’s the mistake I made with coop first time.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#4226 3 years ago
Quoted from PinHead50:

Checked my audits today and found double the amount of left drain as right. I put the rubber drawer bumper on the side and it def seems to make the ball drain less. Now we watch and see. Cheap and easy fix

can you link to the exact part you used? And how did you affix it?

#4227 3 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Plays fine? Stupid question, did you hit start 4 times? That’s the mistake I made with coop first time. [quoted image]

Ha! Ya know, I might not have. Nothing like eating some crow on Pinside. Thanks for checking that out...and the tip!

#4228 3 years ago

No probs. It’s been posted by others including myself! No dummies here just pinheads! Enjoy your 2vs2.

#4229 3 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

No probs. It’s been posted by others including myself! No dummies here just pinheads! Enjoy your 2vs2.

I saw the original post but havent seen someone actually link the part they used for left outlane. Not the siamese post, the bumper.

#4230 3 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

I saw the original post but havent seen someone actually link the part they used for left outlane. Not the siamese post, the bumper.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-club2020-cowabunga-its-pizza-time/page/48#post-5797825

The bumper is just a cupboard door stop and can be purchased at any hardware store.

#4231 3 years ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

Ramps and left outlane kill the game for a lot of people.

Could it be improper setup being the issue? On my machine, I don’t find ramps much of an issue, once you dial in where the shots are on the flippers. Understand the left outlane can be challenging, because it will punish bad shots.

I think ball control is the way to really enjoy turtles layout. Flailing the ball instead of cradling shots will cause bricking and frustration. I go for cradled shots mainly and have less issue with the left outlane drain. Only if I wildly shoot while the ball is flying around at high speed, am I punished by the left outlane drain. As I begin to understand the layout on TMNT, how it should be approached, the game changes from frustrating to nirvana. Do think if TMNT is approached this way, it is a top 10 game imo.

Pretty sure Borg didn’t make the left outlane like he did, to make us all mad and frustrated. Rather, while in a white wood testing stage, would think he found that the layout was too easy and too long playing. Let’s face it, John could have easily located the left outlane post lower to close the gap further if that was better geometry and better game play. But if he would have done that, we’d all be complaining about excessively long ball times, with an unchallenging layout design. Lol

For me, it’s all about mastering a new great layout design, not making it easier to see more on the backbox display. For that I play video games, lol.
But I don’t judge anyone for modding it, because it does play really fast. Who knows, maybe I’ll cave later and try the mods for easier play. Borg should have probably made it adjustable so players can set it to their liking.

#4232 3 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

(BTW, I’ve decided to not do any modding on the left outlane and leave it like the designer intended and since I’ve changed my strategy to what I’ve explained above, the PF has opened up to me and the left outlane is no longer as much of an issue. As a result, when I get deeper into the game, I really feel a sense of satisfying accomplishment. TMNT, what a game!)

I honestly don't know why there's such a fuss about the left outlane. Yes, it's going to drain more than the right outlane, but that right outlane is also very forgiving. I do agree that maybe any adjustable post should have been there just so owners can fine tune how they like.

Rob

#4233 3 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

It’s just a round rubber bumper. Bought it at Walmart last night. They keep them with the furniture sliders. Cost $2 for a pack

#4234 3 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I honestly don't know why there's such a fuss about the left outlane. Yes, it's going to drain more than the right outlane, but that right outlane is also very forgiving. I do agree that maybe any adjustable post should have been there just so owners can fine tune how they like.
Rob

I agree, left outlane isnt bad on my machine. Audits show almost even left(100) and right(85) drains and double middle drains(220). The guy that owned it before me replaced all the rubbers so that may be why its not a issue. Ramps wise there just like any other game to me expect that right ramp to upper flipper is fast as hell and can catch you off guard. The Krang Combo is so smooth and FAST when you hit it! Im really enjoying this game.

Not really liking the shaker action at start of pizza multiball, it shakes to much even with shaker set to minimum at beginning while balls are spinning on pizza disk.

#4235 3 years ago

OH! hehe. thought was a modified pinball part.

#4236 3 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

I agree, left outlane isnt bad on my machine. Audits show almost even left(100) and right(85) drains and double middle drains(220). The guy that owned it before me replaced all the rubbers so that may be why its not a issue. Ramps wise there just like any other game to me expect that right ramp to upper flipper is fast as hell and can catch you off guard. The Krang Combo is so smooth and FAST when you hit it! Im really enjoying this game.
Not really liking the shaker action at start of pizza multiball, it shakes to much even with shaker set to minimum at beginning while balls are spinning on pizza disk.

are you on 1.22? they updated it on 1.22 to gradually ramp up the shaker power so its not wide open at the start anymore

#4237 3 years ago
Quoted from PinHead50:

are you on 1.22? they updated it on 1.22 to gradually ramp up the shaker power so its not wide open at the start anymore

Yep on 1.22. The ramping up isnt bad its the holding of the peak that is just to much, makes me cringe everytime it happens. Wish it would ramp up to a peak and not hold the peak. Its a pinball life shaker also.

#4238 3 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Yep on 1.22. The ramping up isnt bad its the holding of the peak that is just to much, makes me cringe everytime it happens. Wish it would ramp up to a peak and not hold the peak. Its a pinball life shaker also.

yea the max shake on those held for 5 seconds can be a bit much. i just installed a PBL shaker to replace the shitty stern one i got. I wish the weight offset on the PBL could be changed like the stern ones.

#4239 3 years ago

Hello,

did someone found something for the TMNT GLIDER ?

i found only some ugly printed version for 70 $ , it s probably a joke ... no thanks , i can do it myself

#4240 3 years ago
Quoted from marcus600:

Hello,
did someone found something for the TMNT GLIDER ?
i found only some ugly printed version for 70 $ , it s probably a joke ... no thanks , i can do it myself

I got the one from mezel mods and stuck a polly pocket
Micro turtle(raph) on the seat. Looks pretty good

#4241 3 years ago

Extra ball used to be after 2 modes and now it looks to be after 3 modes in v1.22. When did that change?

#4242 3 years ago

In your settings it is probably set to auto, it will settle back to 2.

Quoted from joelbob:

Extra ball used to be after 2 modes and now it looks to be after 3 modes in v1.22. When did that change?

#4243 3 years ago

Or just change it from auto to 2.

#4244 3 years ago

I will have to look at that. Thanks!

#4245 3 years ago
Quoted from Jon9508:

I got the one from mezel mods and stuck a polly pocket
Micro turtle(raph) on the seat. Looks pretty good

like i said , i don t want Printed 3D version.. it s realy bad for this price

#4246 3 years ago

In case anyone is interested to see, I just swapped the translite from my pro with a premium I ordered. I actually prefer premium translite, not art and will alternate once I want to mix it up.

20201021_134424 (resized).jpg20201021_134424 (resized).jpg20201021_134441 (resized).jpg20201021_134441 (resized).jpg20201021_134446 (resized).jpg20201021_134446 (resized).jpg
#4247 3 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Could it be improper setup being the issue? On my machine, I don’t find ramps much of an issue, once you dial in where the shots are on the flippers. Understand the left outlane can be challenging, because it will punish bad shots.
I think ball control is the way to really enjoy turtles layout. Flailing the ball instead of cradling shots will cause bricking and frustration. I go for cradled shots mainly and have less issue with the left outlane drain. Only if I wildly shoot while the ball is flying around at high speed, am I punished by the left outlane drain. As I begin to understand the layout on TMNT, how it should be approached, the game changes from frustrating to nirvana. Do think if TMNT is approached this way, it is a top 10 game imo.
Pretty sure Borg didn’t make the left outlane like he did, to make us all mad and frustrated. Rather, while in a white wood testing stage, would think he found that the layout was too easy and too long playing. Let’s face it, John could have easily located the left outlane post lower to close the gap further if that was better geometry and better game play. But if he would have done that, we’d all be complaining about excessively long ball times, with an unchallenging layout design. Lol
For me, it’s all about mastering a new great layout design, not making it easier to see more on the backbox display. For that I play video games, lol.
But I don’t judge anyone for modding it, because it does play really fast. Who knows, maybe I’ll cave later and try the mods for easier play. Borg should have probably made it adjustable so players can set it to their liking.

My game is leveled and set up properly. The left outlane is shitty no matter how you slice it. Either a hitting a shot clean or watching it brick towards the left outlane is not good game design. The lair shot is a waste of space and the reward for hitting it is not worth the risk of trying to attempt and brick. People are moving on because there are games(in the last 3 years) that shoot better and don't leave you as frustrated.

#4248 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

In case anyone is interested to see, I just swapped the translite from my pro with a premium I ordered. I actually prefer premium translite, not art and will alternate once I want to mix it up.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I'm tempted to also order the premium translite since I'm not a huge fan of michelangelo on the pro. His expression is just super weird.

#4249 3 years ago
Quoted from atrainn:

I'm tempted to also order the premium translite since I'm not a huge fan of michelangelo on the pro. His expression is just super weird.

It’s literally the reason why I ordered it. Mike looks so goofy

#4250 3 years ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

The lair shot is a waste of space and the reward for hitting it is not worth the risk of trying to attempt and brick. People are moving on because there are games(in the last 3 years) that shoot better and don't leave you as frustrated.

I think the game shoots good, personally. It's just a tough shooter with some tight shots. And code could still save the game from a lot of the difficulty that leads to frustration.

I also think the LAIR shot is awesome, it's one of my favourite aspects of the game! The current question is whether its WORTH hitting. If the code adequately rewarded you for shooting it, the shot's difficulty could be justified.

But, unfortunately, if we're waiting for code revisions, I suspect we're gonna have a bad time.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

6,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Gainesville, FL
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Twisted Tokens

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 3.49
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 16.00
$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 7,000.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 7,999.00
$ 22.00
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 23.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 12,043 posts in this topic. You are on page 85 of 241.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-club2020-cowabunga-its-pizza-time/page/85?hl=retrogamerjp and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.