(Topic ID: 271489)

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Club(Stern 2020): Cowabunga! It’s Pizza Time!

By Tuxedomask23

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Topic poll

“Which model are you going to purchase”

• Pro 285 votes
    50%
  • Premium 167 votes
    29%
  • LE 120 votes
    21%

(572 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20240423-005247 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240423-005259 (resized).png
20240415_084026 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image.png
PXL_20240413_183258513.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_3649 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3648 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5713 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5712 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8262 (resized).jpeg
20240406_124621 (resized).jpg
SystemJPinball.ca_1_TMNT-MenuCard-PremLE-Mean1.1_example-3 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,063 posts in this topic. You are on page 79 of 242.
#3901 3 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

Stern should be embarrassed to have that mental piece for a diverter on the pro. Someone should come up with a decal or mod for it.
[quoted image]

plenty of topics with mods out there
https://mezelmods.com/collections/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-pinball-stern/products/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-pinball-pro-glider

#3902 3 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

Stern should be embarrassed to have that mental piece for a diverter on the pro. Someone should come up with a decal or mod for it.
[quoted image]

It's not a diverter on the Pro.

#3903 3 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

Are you the one who always advertising those in the threads?
The lightshow on this game is already colorfull and confusing enough. As on Ghostbusters i like the whites as an indicator of progress, so when i see plenty of white lights i know i am progressing. I tried different colors and they are just disturbing imo. And with just a fast look during gameplay whites makes sense.
More is not always more, but thats just me.

No, I don’t have anything to advertise, I was just sharing my opinion as I’ve used the PinMonk light gels for DeadPool and TMNT.

I find the white lights in the middle of the playfield to be mismatched with the rest of the game. I like them to match the insert outlines.

#3904 3 years ago

I created a little 3D printed “cap” for the van diverter. I’ve been testing it and so far it works really well. I could share the files if anyone wants to try one. You don’t have to disassemble anything to install it, I just took it apart to get the measurements.

Also ignore the blowout on the bottom, that was from testing. It will actually hold.
01DBB0C4-7F69-47CC-A18E-4DF667F154F9 (resized).jpeg01DBB0C4-7F69-47CC-A18E-4DF667F154F9 (resized).jpeg6571E7A3-6FEB-4523-B785-41ECBA9925CA (resized).jpeg6571E7A3-6FEB-4523-B785-41ECBA9925CA (resized).jpeg

#3905 3 years ago
Quoted from TheHoss:

Believe that’s replay @ 10million points.

Thanks, does this animation always happen at 10 million? I'm new to pinball, first NIB for me. But, we've hit over 10 million lots of times, but I swear we've only seen this animation a couple of times. Though it could be that I've missed it most of the time.

#3906 3 years ago
Quoted from Crater:

So I switched all the rubber to Titan rings this last weekend.
I feel like I'm playing a different game all of a sudden. The first thing I noticed in the switch is how the post rubber that comes stock is like a hard plastic. That made a good difference in speed-of-play because I feel like the brick shots are just a tad slower and almost manageable at times.
I think overall, I like the new play in the game but there's one thing that is bugging me.... I had just figured out the LAIR shot by the quick flip back up the left inlane and when it rolls to the end of the flipper you just backhand it in. I was getting pretty good at it, but now the quick flip doesn't get the ball up the inlane enough to get that backhand to the LAIR.
Other than that I really like how it's slowed the game just the tiniest bit.

if i understood you right, the game is slower with the new post rubbers? I tried this once with standard silicone rubbers and they where so freaking fast with the rebouds i swiched back to the hard rubbers. What rubbers did you buy?

#3907 3 years ago
Quoted from acons017:

Agreed. I installed the same and it looks great. Pictures don’t do it justice. All of Pinmonk’s stuff is worth it.

Pinmonk is the father I never had.

#3908 3 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

I'm thinking of doing the same thing. Did you just go by the manual (I haven't looked in there yet) and just order the entire elastomer BoM?

I just went with the manual and eyed it... I usually buy titan rings for my machines and so I have some spares and I have an eye for the sizes at this point. So I just compared and decided on colors.

Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

if i understood you right, the game is slower with the new post rubbers? I tried this once with standard silicone rubbers and they where so freaking fast with the rebouds i swiched back to the hard rubbers. What rubbers did you buy?

I bought the regular "Titan Competition Silicone Rings". I find the silicone to be grippier (yes I made a new word), and so I feel like anything around the flippers to be a slower play. It may seem like that wouldn't make a bunch of difference on it's own, but that upper flipper also has that grippy-ness (yep another new word) so it makes a noticeably slower playfield in my opinion (not much, but just enough to give me half a chance). That on top of the stock posts being essentially hard as a rock, it definitely seems to give me more react time on bricks to the posts when I miss ramps.

#3909 3 years ago
Quoted from CypherPinball:

Thanks, does this animation always happen at 10 million? I'm new to pinball, first NIB for me. But, we've hit over 10 million lots of times, but I swear we've only seen this animation a couple of times. Though it could be that I've missed it most of the time.

Usually the way the machines work is the higher the scores generally are, the higher the replay value becomes. It's a value that can increase or decrease depending on how well people are playing the machine at a specific location. It's so people don't constantly get free games in an arcade if they're pretty good. I think you should be able to see what the replay value is either on the instant info screen (hold the left flipper for 5-10 seconds while playing a game) or it might be buried in the settings somewhere. You also get the technodrome animation when there is a "special". That's just a general thing that most pinball machines have and it doesn't really mean anything except for giving you a good show of something with lights or the display usually.

#3910 3 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

Thanks for the input. What is the main difference that you like so much more?

I really like the art package compared to the Pro and the LE. I'm also a huge fan of player controlled diverters for some reason, so that probably plays into my premium decision as well.

#3911 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Are you 1700 dollars happier?

I donno. I wanted it, so I bought it as my first home pin. I have a real hard time trying to figure out how much fun I have with the game per dollar, so I just don't even try. Don't really see the point in doing so anyway. If I didn't spend that $1700 on it, I'd have probably done something boring with with the money like home improvements, or bought more Apple gear I don't really need.

#3912 3 years ago
Quoted from pb456:

Be aware, in my Pro, I removed all six balls and each and every one of them was magnetically charged. Each ball would pick up small screws and washers.
Of course cleaning the balls did nothing to fix this.
I replaced the balls with standard carbon steel balls which were not magnetized and did not have any trouble with the 'van lock'/multiball lock that was not releasing the balls correctly.
I checked the vertical upkicker 'lock' and adjusted it slightly away from the wood, in case that was contributing to the issue.
I also checked the optical sensors and tested them, but they were not misadjusted. They worked as expected.
After I replaced the balls, the game played as expected.
Your mileage may vary.

How many plays approximately before you encountered the issue? Is your hypothesis that the VUK lock was creating the issue or simply the balls?
Heard feedback re: carbon balls magnetizing from a customer and want to get a bit more data to understand

#3913 3 years ago

Rubber per the manual is correct except if you have a star post at lair exit, as most people should, that should be 5/16 instead of 3/16

Quoted from Yoko2una:

I'm thinking of doing the same thing. Did you just go by the manual (I haven't looked in there yet) and just order the entire elastomer BoM?

Yeah, I haven't figured out what I want to do there yet. Because it's active when completing 1-2-3 Foot, Training, and Weapon, I wanted to put some sais or other TMNT weapon there, but I haven't come up with anything worthy yet.

#3914 3 years ago
Quoted from Napoleon:

It's not a diverter on the Pro.

what do you call it then, its ugly

#3915 3 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

what do you call it then, its ugly

It's not diverting anything.

It's an up-post of sorts.

#3916 3 years ago

Sound comes alive with dual voice coil!

#3917 3 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Just installed this Hertz hot subwoofer in my TMNT LE and wow! The sound comes alive with dual voice coil!! Best improvement mod for any machine.
(For comparison: Stern Subwoofer LE above left.)
[quoted image]

Is the stock Stern cabinet speaker a woofer or a sub-woofer. I always thought it was a woofer.

#3918 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Is the stock Stern cabinet speaker a woofer or a sub-woofer. I always thought it was a woofer.

You’re right: technically Stern’s is a woofer.

#3919 3 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

You’re right: technically Stern’s is a woofer. What I installed is a true subwoofer.

Two potential problems:

1. The crappy amplifier on the CPU board can't drive it well and it may kill the CPU board.
2. The frequency range crossover isn't really designed for sub bass, only bass. If you get an amplifier to fix #1, you might want to look into a dynamic expander to actually give the sub part of the subwoofer a workout.

#3920 3 years ago
Quoted from mrs_mezelmods:

How many plays approximately before you encountered the issue? Is your hypothesis that the VUK lock was creating the issue or simply the balls?
Heard feedback re: carbon balls magnetizing from a customer and want to get a bit more data to understand

mrs_mezelmods I think it was about 100 plays. I used the balls that shipped with the game - not that it's proof, but I've read that Stern shipped balls with some games that were not meant for magnetized games. I don't know if that's true or more BS on Pinside (sorry folks!).

I used new 'standard' - not high-chrome or high-polish balls, and will check back late this week to see how it's doing. I don't believe the vertical post or sensors were the culprit.

#3921 3 years ago

I had to replaced the balls on my TMNT Premium with less than 100 plays. They became highly magnetized and they were not releasing properly from the van for multi ball. The new balls from Baron were the standard variety and so far so good.

#3922 3 years ago

Just found a pro in stock and bought it! I'll be in the club soon

#3923 3 years ago

So I made a rookie mistake last night. I was putting on new flipper rubbers and it slipped off. Causing me to break the Donatello plastics above the left sling. Should I contact stern and see if I can buy a new one or go through the distributor I got it from. (One of the worst experiences I had buying a new machine)

#3924 3 years ago
Quoted from Jon9508:

So I made a rookie mistake last night. I was putting on new flipper rubbers and it slipped off. Causing me to break the Donatello plastics above the left sling. Should I contact stern and see if I can buy a new one or go through the distributor I got it from. (One of the worst experiences I had buying a new machine)

Good luck with that. Stern doesn't sell onesie-twosie plastics - you have to buy the whole plastics set for $287.50. Yeah. $287.50.

#3925 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Good luck with that. Stern doesn't sell onesie-twosie plastics - you have to buy the whole plastics set for $287.50. Yeah. $287.50.

Man. Not what I wanted to hear

#3926 3 years ago
Quoted from Jon9508:

Check your goodie bag. Some games (but not all) come with spare sling plastics. It was more common in the past...not sure how much that is done anymore. Worth checking though. Fingers crossed for you!

#3927 3 years ago
Quoted from Jon9508:

Yeah, it's a bummer. Stern could easily add specific easy-break plastics to the initial run and offer them separately when they are broken, but they'd rather sell you a whole set of plastics you don't need for almost $300.

#3928 3 years ago
Quoted from Jon9508:

Ask your distributor first. But uh maybe be a little vague and just say the plastic broke . They might be able to get you one

#3929 3 years ago
Quoted from Jon9508:

I am a rookie and will soon be replacing my flipper rubbers with Titans. Any tips for ensuring that I don't break anything?

#3930 3 years ago
Quoted from plasticbugs:

I am a rookie and will soon be replacing my flipper rubbers with Titans. Any tips for ensuring that I don't break anything?

Titans are one of the easiest to install...now if you’re putting on Super Bands get ready for a little bit of resistance.

#3931 3 years ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

Titans are one of the easiest to install...now if you’re putting on Super Bands get ready for a little bit of resistance.

Yep they were super bands. Tight and slippery.

#3932 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Please let Stern know.
We successfully went back to V1.21 by flashing a new SD card. The issue has gone and our machine does not go into ball searches any more.

Xaqery This has worked for me as well. After going back to 1.21 on a new SD card I haven't encountered ball searches after TP multiball anymore (15 games in). I'm now running 1.21 on my TMNT LE (#62/500). Let me know if you need further data

#3933 3 years ago
Quoted from Jon9508:

Yep they were super bands. Tight and slippery.

That’s what I put on my TNNT and they seem to be working great on this pin. Whenever I put on Super Bands I try to stretch them as much as possible before installing them and it seems to help.

#3934 3 years ago
Quoted from azur3:

xaqery This has worked for me as well. After going back to 1.21 on a new SD card I haven't encountered ball searches after TP multiball anymore (15 games in). I'm now running 1.21 on my TMNT LE (#62/500). Let me know if you need further data

Nice!

Hopefully Stern are listening.

#3935 3 years ago
Quoted from billrz:

Hungriest left Outlane I’ve ever experienced in pinball. I fixed it last night tho. 3rd game, 2 player co-op, got over 150m ! Look at the difference in right and left Outland drains. This is not normal.
Games growing on me, was super frustrating for a while.
[quoted image][quoted image]

How you fixed the problem?

#3936 3 years ago
Quoted from J_pinz:

Does anyone know how to tighten the glider? Mine came loose and there’s a screw right under the front of the glider that is nearly impossible to get to. Sterns technical support hasn’t been responsive and we’re waiting to play again.[quoted image]

My glider came completely loose after unboxing in the First game, My dristi sends the complete ramp with the glider for Exchange because the screw under the glider was fixed with locktite. The screw directly broke as i tried to fix it myself.

#3937 3 years ago
Quoted from plasticbugs:

Nope. It’s easy. Just take your time.

#3938 3 years ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

That’s what I put on my TNNT and they seem to be working great on this pin. Whenever I put on Super Bands I try to stretch them as much as possible before installing them and it seems to help.

With superbands boil the kettle and soak them in the boiled water for a while. Take them out and stretch them. Then put them on hinged end first should go over the pointy end easier.

#3939 3 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

With superbands boil the kettle and soak them in the boiled water for a while. Take them out and

Then throw them in the trash and buy titans and call it a day.

#3940 3 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Check your goodie bag. Some games (but not all) come with spare sling plastics. It was more common in the past...not sure how much that is done anymore. Worth checking though. Fingers crossed for you!

I didn't get a goodie bag, where is that hiding?

#3941 3 years ago
Quoted from RoyalJack:

I didn't get a goodie bag, where is that hiding?

Should have been stapled to the inside left of the cabinet, below the playfield.

#3942 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Should have been stapled to the inside left of the cabinet, below the playfield.

Going to check now lol

EDIT: I forgot, I did find that bag, it had some keychains in it.

#3943 3 years ago
Quoted from RoyalJack:

Going to check now lol
EDIT: I forgot, I did find that bag, it had some keychains in it.

I was kind of disappointed Stern didn't team up with a pizza chain to put some pizza discount coupons in the goodie bag. Completely obvious marketing point missed.

#3944 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I was kind of disappointed Stern didn't team up with a pizza chain to put some pizza discount coupons in the goodie bag. Completely obvious marketing point missed.

Stop thinking outside the cabinet

#3945 3 years ago
Quoted from spidey:

Stop thinking outside the cabinet

I was thinking outside the shell.

#3946 3 years ago

Scavenged a thin/slim post sleeve from TWD to put on the right post of the right ramp. Makes both the right ramp and right orbit a fraction wider.

In the photo where I’m holding it the slim rubber is closer to my tips.

0AACD7F0-4075-44A2-9D06-D38155BD1E51 (resized).jpeg0AACD7F0-4075-44A2-9D06-D38155BD1E51 (resized).jpeg7DDECA4A-49BA-4F28-A387-351EE2AC707C (resized).jpeg7DDECA4A-49BA-4F28-A387-351EE2AC707C (resized).jpeg
#3947 3 years ago

I’m having an issue where my back left lighting seems to be “rebooting”? It will run foe a couple of seconds then do a bit of a startup cycle and fail over and over. It is happening in attract mode and in game. I also notice the pizza will jerk just a bit at the end of the sequence. Has anyone seen something like this?

#3948 3 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

I’m having an issue where my back left lighting seems to be “rebooting”? It will run foe a couple of seconds then do a bit of a startup cycle and fail over and over. It is happening in attract mode and in game. I also notice the pizza will jerk just a bit at the end of the sequence. Has anyone seen something like this?

This has been reported a number of times as a sign the servo for the glider is failing:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-club2020-cowabunga-its-pizza-time/page/32#post-5770567

Is your glider movement suggish?

It also can be a sign of a short in a GI bulb, but that's less likely.

#3949 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

This has been reported a number of times as a sign the servo for the glider is failing:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-club2020-cowabunga-its-pizza-time/page/32#post-5770567
It also can be a sign of a short in a GI bulb, but that's less likely.

Ahh crap…I read stuff a while ago at launch about it and kind of rulled it out because the glider seemed totally unrelated. I’ll contact them tomorrow. Thank you!

#3950 3 years ago

Has anyone done the glider servo replacement from amazon? I am looking at trying to replace it myself. I dont know what sterns deal is but still dont have an ETA for a new glider after a month. Looks like its a straight forward motor swap.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MU7TQV8

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Terre Haute, IN
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 3.49
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 16.00
$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tualatin, OR
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Oakhurst, CA
$ 7,000.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 7,999.00
$ 22.00
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 23.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

10,500 (OBO)
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 12,063 posts in this topic. You are on page 79 of 242.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-club2020-cowabunga-its-pizza-time/page/79?hl=retrogamerjp and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.