(Topic ID: 271489)

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Club(Stern 2020): Cowabunga! It’s Pizza Time!

By Tuxedomask23

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,057 posts
  • 829 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 hours ago by arcadem
  • Topic is favorited by 335 Pinsiders

You

Topic poll

“Which model are you going to purchase”

• Pro 285 votes
    50%
  • Premium 167 votes
    29%
  • LE 120 votes
    21%

(572 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20240423-005247 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240423-005259 (resized).png
20240415_084026 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image.png
PXL_20240413_183258513.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_3649 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3648 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5713 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5712 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8262 (resized).jpeg
20240406_124621 (resized).jpg
SystemJPinball.ca_1_TMNT-MenuCard-PremLE-Mean1.1_example-3 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,057 posts in this topic. You are on page 78 of 242.
#3851 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

I'm going to ask an incredibly stupid question here: did they make the pro version of this too good? I see very little incentive to go premium on this machine.

Other than the van opening, I really think pro is way to go. I love the van, but not $1500-2000 more

#3852 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

I'm going to ask an incredibly stupid question here: did they make the pro version of this too good? I see very little incentive to go premium on this machine.

I love my Premium and probably biased but here is why I think the premium is worth the money.

The Van is awesome when the multi ball stars. I can see how that’s not a big future but it was a must for me and it helps with the theme integration.

The diverter is fun and is more aesthetically pleasing then the pro’s ball lock. The extra mode isn’t that cool but hay it’s there.

The pizza spinner spinning both ways is a little bigger of a deal then some people think. I haven’t played the pro but I would assume that the disc spinning both ways would help with the left out lane drains. It also adds a little more randomness.

The cabinet art work is a personal choice but I like the premium’s side art and back glass better as well. The Krang bouncing while taunting you is a nice touch.

#3853 3 years ago
Quoted from cabal:

Do you play multiplayer games? or just Single player.
With single player 1st lock should shoot a new ball.
Do you hear anything after the animations? That balls are tried to be loaded? Coils activated?

No sounds or animations after ball 1 lock on single player. Then drain animation. Only happens once in awhile but annoying! Will do a switch/coil test. Thanks!

#3854 3 years ago
Quoted from RikeIsland:

I love my Premium and probably biased but here is why I think the premium is worth the money.
The Van is awesome when the multi ball stars. I can see how that’s not a big future but it was a must for me and it helps with the theme integration.
The diverter is fun and is more aesthetically pleasing then the pro’s ball lock. The extra mode isn’t that cool but hay it’s there.
The pizza spinner spinning both ways is a little bigger of a deal then some people think. I haven’t played the pro but I would assume that the disc spinning both ways would help with the left out lane drains. It also adds a little more randomness.
The cabinet art work is a personal choice but I like the premium’s side art and back glass better as well. The Krang bouncing while taunting you is a nice touch.

I agree with all of this. I was going premium but I’m just not sure it’s justified with the cost difference. Both versions are really good. This reminds me of the Metallica debate in which I went pro and have been very happy with it.

#3855 3 years ago

Any one had any luck getting new glider servos or assemblies. I've sent several emails with no response at all from stern. I would just buy an aftermarket option at this point. It's unresponsive and/or figgity most the time.

#3856 3 years ago

Premium club member here. The Pro and LE are both at the pinball bar I go to most nights. Would not have been as happy if I’d gone with the pro instead of the premium, after having the luxury of playing both layouts a bunch before mine arrived. They’re both great, but the Premium / LE feature set is worth the upgrade cost in my opinion. I could see the Pro being better for high end tournaments, but you’re probably not hosting those in your game room.

#3857 3 years ago
Quoted from poweruser86:

Premium club member here. The Pro and LE are both at the pinball bar I go to most nights. Would not have been as happy if I’d gone with the pro instead of the premium, after having the luxury of playing both layouts a bunch before mine arrived. They’re both great, but the Premium / LE feature set is worth the upgrade cost in my opinion. I could see the Pro being better for high end tournaments, but you’re probably not hosting those in your game room.

Thanks for the input. What is the main difference that you like so much more?

#3858 3 years ago
Quoted from poweruser86:

Are you 1700 dollars happier?

#3859 3 years ago

FWIW, here is how I mounted mine. Screwed in from underneath, allowed it to be centered with the ramp loop and angled how I wanted it.

20200927_112005 (resized).jpg20200927_112005 (resized).jpg
#3860 3 years ago
Quoted from Dokkaebi:

Any one had any luck getting new glider servos or assemblies. I've sent several emails with no response at all from stern. I would just buy an aftermarket option at this point. It's unresponsive and/or figgity most the time.

Did you call your distributor? I would have started there...

#3861 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Did you call your distributor? I would have started there...

Yeah both distro and stern. I used to email chas directly. Sadly he passed recently.

#3862 3 years ago
Quoted from Dokkaebi:

Yeah both distro and stern. I used to email chas directly. Sadly he passed recently.

What did your dist say? They're definitely talking to Stern at least weekly if not more with AIQ about to ship. Seems like no response from your dist is more damning than no response from Stern.

#3863 3 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

I agree with all of this. I was going premium but I’m just not sure it’s justified with the cost difference. Both versions are really good. This reminds me of the Metallica debate in which I went pro and have been very happy with it.

As an ex LE owner (although the game is now owned by my mate 20 doors down the road from me) go Pro!

For the difference in price the Pro is the winner (typical Borg the man knows how to make killer pros!) I actually prefer the stopper on the ramps a lot more than the diverter, the pro gives you a moment to catch your breathe while with the Prem/LE you don’t get a second to think.

2 way pizza disc, playing pro and LE almost back to back I couldn’t tell you the 2 way has anymore effect on the balls than the single disc on the Pro both add a tonne of randomness and fun.

Then you have the diverter (servo) and the TMNT truck (diverter) issues to deal. Plus you never loose out with a Borg pro they are a riot to play.

#3864 3 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Here is Dwight’s 1st reply:
“I really do not believe that the latest code update could have caused those issues. It really only changed a small handful of stuff that is laid out in the readme. I will look into how the game could load 4 balls into the van. I appreciate the feedback.”
So he’s looking into a fix and will let us know ASAP I’m sure.
Did any of you guys successfully downgrade to 1.21? Where do we download that code, if so?

I also started having the exact same issue in version 1.22 and was about to post about it. I did the same experiments as you and had the same results. Prior to the code update I had never seen this happen.

#3865 3 years ago
Quoted from RoyalJack:

I also started having the exact same issue in version 1.22 and was about to post about it. I did the same experiments as you and had the same results. Prior to the code update I had never seen this happen.

Please let Stern know.

We successfully went back to V1.21 by flashing a new SD card. The issue has gone and our machine does not go into ball searches any more.

#3866 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Uh yeah!

#3867 3 years ago
Quoted from RikeIsland:

Ive played The LE and not seeing or experiencing what your saying! Extremely glad I went pro on this game!

#3868 3 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

Ive played The LE and not seeing or experiencing what your saying! Extremely glad I went pro on this game!

Have an le and played the pro a bunch. Glad I went with the le. I don’t have any issues Others have but the ball lock with diverter is huge for the game. Such a great pin. Getting an avengers Le too. Tmnt I was so happy with being my first LE and the difference between the pro figure try my luck again

#3869 3 years ago

I think you will be happy going for either version of this game. No stinkers here. I am actually enjoying this game the more I play it. I like features like the hitting of lair to extend the time on training. Each of the episodes has lots of variation. Super jackpots are very satisfying. My first few games are always clunk but once I get warmed up the combos start. Great game.

EDIT: And I only just received TWD 1 month before, but find myself playing turtles more now.

#3870 3 years ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

Krang has call outs on the pro. When I was first flopping around pro/premium the Krang toy was the main thing I wanted so I just made one and now I’m totally happy with my choice.[quoted image]

Wildbill327

Teach me how! I want to add this to my pro.

#3871 3 years ago
Quoted from pb456:

wildbill327

Search krang mod. Their is a guide to make it. Its around page 30 or so.

#3872 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I actually prefer the stopper on the ramps a lot more than the diverter, the pro gives you a moment to catch your breathe while with the Prem/LE you don’t get a second to think.

This is incorrect. The Pre/LE diverter stops the ball just like the pro does.

Rob

#3873 3 years ago

Installed shaker and powered subwoofer this evening and wow.... made the pin that much better. Also the pro is really good this time around and all versions are great ...just depends on what you wanna spend. I like bling and extra features but tmnt pro checks all boxes and wasn't worth the upgrade this time around .

#3874 3 years ago
Quoted from pb456:

wildbill327

Click the topic index link at the top of any page in this thread then select the DIY Krang link to take you to that post.

#3875 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

As an ex LE owner (although the game is now owned by my mate 20 doors down the road from me) go Pro!
For the difference in price the Pro is the winner (typical Borg the man knows how to make killer pros!) I actually prefer the stopper on the ramps a lot more than the diverter, the pro gives you a moment to catch your breathe while with the Prem/LE you don’t get a second to think.
2 way pizza disc, playing pro and LE almost back to back I couldn’t tell you the 2 way has anymore effect on the balls than the single disc on the Pro both add a tonne of randomness and fun.
Then you have the diverter (servo) and the TMNT truck (diverter) issues to deal. Plus you never loose out with a Borg pro they are a riot to play.

Unless you love the theme ie it's your dream theme the upgrade to prem simply is not worth the money for this game. They needed to strip the pro a bit more. Id actually be annoyed if I was a premium buyer at how good value the pro is.

#3876 3 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

Unless you love the theme ie it's your dream theme the upgrade to prem simply is not worth the money for this game. They needed to strip the pro a bit more. Id actually be annoyed if I was a premium buyer at how good value the pro is.

I'm an LE buyer and I'm not annoyed. In fact I'm very happy!

Rob

#3877 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Please let Stern know.
We successfully went back to V1.21 by flashing a new SD card. The issue has gone and our machine does not go into ball searches any more.

I'll reach out to them in the morning.

#3878 3 years ago

Got a email from Pablo at stern, they are still waiting on the parts department to send out the gliders so who know when they are coming out. Sucks to have a new machine for a month and one of the "premium" features dies in the first two hours............

#3879 3 years ago
Screenshot_20200928-150308~3 (resized).pngScreenshot_20200928-150308~3 (resized).png
#3880 3 years ago

I swear PinMonk has a deal with Stern where they only use crappy white LEDs because these games look SO MUCH BETTER with the mod.

30432229-7304-44F4-84B8-F0C22B364901 (resized).jpeg30432229-7304-44F4-84B8-F0C22B364901 (resized).jpeg6B3979E4-BDB8-480F-AA7D-243EFE49DA19 (resized).jpeg6B3979E4-BDB8-480F-AA7D-243EFE49DA19 (resized).jpeg
#3881 3 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I'm an LE buyer and I'm not annoyed. In fact I'm very happy!
Rob

I’m the same. The “LE” connotation is silly to me. I say just make a version called “complete” and throw all the upgrades in there. I think generating the artificial urgency around LE is a dated concept.

Show me the best you’ve got and I’ll consider that over the skews with less stuff. I don’t need the designer signature or Gary Stern autograph. Nice, but useless.

#3882 3 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

I swear PinMonk has a deal with Stern where they only use crappy white LEDs because these games look SO MUCH BETTER with the mod. [quoted image][quoted image]

I got a thumbs-up on this one from @xaqery, which was very much appreciated. I was very happy with the colors. The technodrome was very hard to match. I ended up having to layer two gels to get it.

#3883 3 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

I swear PinMonk has a deal with Stern where they only use crappy white LEDs because these games look SO MUCH BETTER with the mod. [quoted image][quoted image]

Agreed, Pinmonk is a must have! (and not just on TMNT)

#3884 3 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

Agreed. I installed the same and it looks great. Pictures don’t do it justice. All of Pinmonk’s stuff is worth it.

#3885 3 years ago

Does any pro owner find hitting the centre ramp sometimes results in the ball hitting the bottom of the centre stop on the wireform where the glider is on the premium? Definitely gets some air on this ramp.

Also, I don’t know if this is a bug or intended but when the pizza eating contest is ready and the music starts playing and it’s waiting for you to hit the pizza target, all other available modes are disabled like training etc. can be a bit annoying.

#3886 3 years ago

In the past 10 games on my LE (1.22) I have encountered two interesting issues

1) Sometimes, there's two balls ejected in the shooter lane, resulting in a soft automatic plunge and an involuntary multiball. Some people have already reported this issue when moving from software 1.10 to 1.11, but no consensus on how to solve yet, I think.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-club2020-cowabunga-its-pizza-time/page/49#post-5799655

2) Twice, I have had TP multilball starting right from a manual plunge - basically around the time the ball passes the van. Has this something to do with optos registering the plunge as a regular hit on the right ramp? Very curious..

Very grateful for any hints!

#3887 3 years ago
Quoted from azur3:

1) Sometimes, there's two balls ejected in the shooter lane, resulting in a soft automatic plunge and an involuntary multiball. Some people have already reported this issue when moving from software 1.10 to 1.11, but no consensus on how to solve yet, I think.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-club2020-cowabunga-its-pizza-time/page/49#post-5799655
2) Twice, I have had TP multilball starting right from a manual plunge - basically around the time the ball passes the van. Has this something to do with optos registering the plunge as a regular hit on the right ramp? Very curious..

Check your balls for magnetism using a steel paperclip. TMNT is magnetizing balls quickly for some reason.

#3888 3 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

Are you the one who always advertising those in the threads?
The lightshow on this game is already colorfull and confusing enough. As on Ghostbusters i like the whites as an indicator of progress, so when i see plenty of white lights i know i am progressing. I tried different colors and they are just disturbing imo. And with just a fast look during gameplay whites makes sense.
More is not always more, but thats just me.

#3889 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Check your balls for magnetism using a steel paperclip. TMNT is magnetizing balls quickly for some reason.

Thanks for the hint! I checked my balls (TMNT) and they're not magnetized, i.e. not even picking up a steel paper clip.

Another thing I'll try is to re-clean them, in order to prevent them from being sticky, which might lead to balls stacked up in the ball trough, rather than queuing up neatly.

#3890 3 years ago
Quoted from azur3:

Thanks for the hint! I checked my balls (TMNT) and they're not magnetized, i.e. not even picking up a steel paper clip.
Another thing I'll try is to re-clean them, in order to prevent them from being sticky, which might lead to balls stacked up in the ball trough, rather than queuing up neatly.

you can also try to play around with ball through settings, to reduce or increase it. On my munsters i had to reduce the ball trough settings when i used a shooter lane protector.

#3891 3 years ago

So are nib turtles basically unobtanium right now? I spoke with a few distributors and it seems like Stern pushed the next turtles run back so they could do Avengers. I'm finally ready to order one (preferably a premium) :[

#3892 3 years ago

So I switched all the rubber to Titan rings this last weekend.

I feel like I'm playing a different game all of a sudden. The first thing I noticed in the switch is how the post rubber that comes stock is like a hard plastic. That made a good difference in speed-of-play because I feel like the brick shots are just a tad slower and almost manageable at times.

I think overall, I like the new play in the game but there's one thing that is bugging me.... I had just figured out the LAIR shot by the quick flip back up the left inlane and when it rolls to the end of the flipper you just backhand it in. I was getting pretty good at it, but now the quick flip doesn't get the ball up the inlane enough to get that backhand to the LAIR.

Other than that I really like how it's slowed the game just the tiniest bit.

#3893 3 years ago
Quoted from atrainn:

So are nib turtles basically unobtanium right now? I spoke with a few distributors and it seems like Stern pushed the next turtles run back so they could do Avengers. I'm finally ready to order one (preferably a premium) :[

Seems that way... I believe they will run more starting in December and will be shipping out beginning of the new year. There cant be many premiums and pros in people's hands as they only seem to do 2 small runs of pros and one small premium run. They really cut tmnt short by releasing avengers so soon after .

#3894 3 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Seems that way... I believe they will run more starting in December and will be shipping out beginning of the new year. There cant be many premiums and pros in people's hands as they only seem to do 2 small runs of pros and one small premium run. They really cut tmnt short by releasing avengers so soon after .

They really did. I ordered a Pro back when it was first announced (end of May?) and still hadn't received it by the time Avengers was announced. So I transferred my deposit over to Avengers and will likely see that game before I would have seen the Pro I ordered. Such a shame.

#3895 3 years ago

Can anyone shed some light on what was achieved when you see about a 1.5 second animation of the Technodrome eye on the LCD. I think you see the technodrome eye with some static coming off of it. Of course I'm more busying looking at the playfield when playing a game, but I think I've only seen this animation a handful of times in ~1000 games or so. And when I do see it, it happens so fast that I'm puzzled at what I did to make it happen.

#3896 3 years ago
Quoted from CypherPinball:

Can anyone shed some light on what was achieved when you see about a 1.5 second animation of the Technodrome eye on the LCD. I think you see the technodrome eye with some static coming off of it. Of course I'm more busying looking at the playfield when playing a game, but I think I've only seen this animation a handful of times in ~1000 games or so. And when I do see it, it happens so fast that I'm puzzled at what I did to make it happen.

Believe that’s replay @ 10million points.

#3897 3 years ago

Stern should be embarrassed to have that mental piece for a diverter on the pro. Someone should come up with a decal or mod for it.

1lh9.gif1lh9.gif
#3898 3 years ago
Quoted from Crater:

So I switched all the rubber to Titan rings this last weekend.

I'm thinking of doing the same thing. Did you just go by the manual (I haven't looked in there yet) and just order the entire elastomer BoM?

Quoted from kidchrisso:

Stern should be embarrassed to have that mental piece for a diverter on the pro. Someone should come up with a decal or mod for it.

Yeah, I haven't figured out what I want to do there yet. Because it's active when completing 1-2-3 Foot, Training, and Weapon, I wanted to put some sais or other TMNT weapon there, but I haven't come up with anything worthy yet.

#3899 3 years ago
Quoted from azur3:

Do you have one of those plastic sleeves for the shooter lane? Often times those prevent the switch from registering consistently and will make the machine think there is no ball in the lane, so it will serve another. Whether you do or you don't, check the switch in switch test mode by rolling a ball in the lane down to the launch position and seeing if the switch consistently registers. Don't use your finger. It's not a reliable indicator.

#3900 3 years ago
Quoted from azur3:

Try turning the power down on the trough eject. I have mine set to 200. You want the setting to be strong enough to eject a ball every single time, but not one degree stronger.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grindstone, PA
10,500 (OBO)
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 22.00
$ 16.00
$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 18.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Twisted Tokens

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 7,999.00
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 7,000.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 12,057 posts in this topic. You are on page 78 of 242.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-club2020-cowabunga-its-pizza-time/page/78?hl=chrono86 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.