(Topic ID: 271489)

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Club(Stern 2020): Cowabunga! It’s Pizza Time!

By Tuxedomask23

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,057 posts
  • 829 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 36 hours ago by arcadem
  • Topic is favorited by 335 Pinsiders

You

Topic poll

“Which model are you going to purchase”

• Pro 285 votes
    50%
  • Premium 167 votes
    29%
  • LE 120 votes
    21%

(572 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20240423-005247 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240423-005259 (resized).png
20240415_084026 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image.png
PXL_20240413_183258513.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_3649 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3648 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5713 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5712 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8262 (resized).jpeg
20240406_124621 (resized).jpg
SystemJPinball.ca_1_TMNT-MenuCard-PremLE-Mean1.1_example-3 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,057 posts in this topic. You are on page 75 of 242.
#3701 3 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

This game seems to be getting overshadowed much sooner than usual for a new release but guessing bc of the soon after reveal of avengers which does look pretty good. However this is a really good game and I think many will be coming back to this one as soon as the avengers hype wears off once some le and pros start getting in people's hands. Tmnt lay out is very good and the game is very fast and flows well but the game is also pretty difficult bc of the speed ....especially the left outlane. Looks like whatever tmnt that are out there is all that will be for a while do to a big backlog of orders for stern. Seems if u want a new one it may be early next year before it's on the like again? Has anyone else heard this? I know there is very little stock available from distros and seems the price is high if u do find one? Anyhow I hope more people get to enjoy this really good game .

It is an awesome game bigd. Shot map is different and the game will punish you if you miss. Code is very similar to SWLE, 4 characters, all with a different mission and skill shot at the start, mash the button mode. Turtles has coop modes, that should be put into every game I think. We love ours.

#3702 3 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

I think a lot of people are playing this before it is dialed in. If it's too steep, they just say it's frustrating and does not shoot well. It also did not help that it was number 1 for a while. That causes a backlash. The theme also turns people off. After owning for a few months and ironing out my flow issues I think it is awesome. Top 100 position does not bother me too much, it can be next to Munsters on the list as long as we enjoy it!
Also think the code is pretty good. Wish people would stop bashing game coders, music and animation guys. This pin looks like it is pretty much finished now, there is heaps to do, it mixes things up. And the animations are great, just watch the rocksteady and bebop scene. They are excellent with the nunchucks twirling. And Slash is great as well.
EDIT: talk about frustrating, the right orbit is TIGHT!!!

Left orbit I can never hit and the upper flipper ramp makes me mad lol. Overall its a great pin and one my favorite john b layouts.

#3703 3 years ago

Well played the new code. Thank you @xaqery!!!

The best thing is the start of pizza multiball. What an amazing effect. Before this I thought the best shaker effect was in AFM. Now there is a new contender!! Absolutely fantastic addition to this multiball start. Wait till you try it! Thanks Xaqery for making a amazing game even better!

Edit: also the added shaker effects for 123 and weapon make these modes much more engaging.

Would thoroughly recommend a shaker for this game if you don’t already have one.

#3704 3 years ago

Chalked up my first game today. Was on an LE at the electric bat arcade in Tempe Arizona. Must admit it was better than I was expecting. It sure is fast and I think has a one more game feel to it. Here on vacation and happy to find quite a few places to play.

#3705 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Ah, of course, the training sign should have made that obvious to me. It's weird you were having airballs there. I never had anything like that. Is your ramp flap flush with the playfield? Sometimes if the ramp is too tight, the flap will curl a little and raise up. It takes almost nothing to launch an airball, and that could do it.

think of it like the airball protector on the t-rex ramp, the ball has to be low to enter the t-rex mouth. On TMNT it has to pass the gate. I noticed my training sign was shaking heavily from certain shots and saw it was a predetermined bereaking point. The ball doesn't have to go high into the air, normal shots can lead to slight airballs. So i built a protector and some weeks later the first cracking ramp was reported here. The protector also helps with stability because it holds the ramp together from the top, reducing shaking of the sign, and the shots feel smoother, at least in my experience.

#3706 3 years ago

Man, Stern must of gave up on this title?
Did they even announce new code?
Or we gotta find out on our own?

#3707 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-NJA:

Well, you still found out And it's just a test to make sure we're still paying attention.

Rob

#3708 3 years ago

Since the code update on our LE, during Turtle van multiball, machine goes into ball search as it loads 4 balls into the van nstead of 3. We have to wait for the ball searches to finish and release all the balls out of the van for the game to continue

Anyone else have this issue since the update?

#3709 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-NJA:

They probably get tired of everyone asking for a Munsters code update when they post it. Now that’s a title they haven’t give much love but maybe it will be like Gb and get a massive update at some point

#3710 3 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

They probably get tired of everyone asking for a Munsters code update when they post it. Now that’s a title they haven’t give much love but maybe it will be like Gb and get a massive update at some point

"at some point" ... after 3.5 years

#3711 3 years ago

Wow! I’m over the moon right now. I was one of the unlucky few who had the batch of grainy playfields so I sent a request to my distributor to see if they can help get this resolved with stern. It took some back and forth with them, but they finally responded back and are sending me a new (unpopulated) playfield! Must have won them over with my charming personality.

#3712 3 years ago
Quoted from remf:

Wow! I’m over the moon right now. I was one of the unlucky few who had the batch of grainy playfields so I sent a request to my distributor to see if they can help get this resolved with stern. It took some back and forth with them, but they finally responded back and are sending me a new (unpopulated) playfield! Must have won them over with my charming personality.

Me too! I was notified last week. Glad to hear the great news! Now we wait

#3713 3 years ago

Just got my Pro yesterday and we LOVE it! One major problem that happened twice already. The balls lock behind the van and the white post pulses too fast and won't allow the balls to drop down through. The machine then displays MALFUNCTION. Shut off machine and back on and the ball search goes on but same problem. Have to manually push down the white post with my finger to release the balls. ANyone else have this issue? I contacted Stern and distributor. Saw someone on YouTube with same problem.

#3714 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Since the code update on our LE, during Turtle van multiball, machine goes into ball search as it loads 4 balls into the van nstead of 3. We have to wait for the ball searches to finish and release all the balls out of the van for the game to continue
Anyone else have this issue since the update?

On our Pro we are also having ball lock issues behind the van although this was with V1.21. new code does not appear to address this though.

#3715 3 years ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

Just got my Pro yesterday and we LOVE it! One major problem that happened twice already. The balls lock behind the van and the white post pulses too fast and won't allow the balls to drop down through. The machine then displays MALFUNCTION. Shut off machine and back on and the ball search goes on but same problem. Have to manually push down the white post with my finger to release the balls. ANyone else have this issue? I contacted Stern and distributor. Saw someone on YouTube with same problem.

I have the same issue that happens from time to time as well. Never had it shut down though.
Would be interested to know how to fix it.

#3716 3 years ago
Quoted from remf:

I have the same issue that happens from time to time as well. Never had it shut down though.
Would be interested to know how to fix it.

Some theories on the Stern pinballs being highly magnetized potentially causing the issue. Will let the group know what Stern says though.

#3717 3 years ago

I plan on mentioning this in a future video, but for those that have the balls getting stuck (magnetized) in the ball lock area - I switched to titan pinballs (original polish) and the issue hasn't shown its face since.

#3718 3 years ago
Quoted from TheCapn:

I plan on mentioning this in a future video, but for those that have the balls getting stuck (magnetized) in the ball lock area - I switched to titan pinballs (original polish) and the issue hasn't shown its face since.

I never had the problem that people were talking about, but I immediately replaced my pinballs upon delivery of the machine with the Titan original polish pinballs as well. They just look so damn good.

#3719 3 years ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

I had this exact same issue. Swapping out the stock pinballs that came with it (that ended up being magentized) were the issue.

#3720 3 years ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

On our Pro we are also having ball lock issues behind the van although this was with V1.21. new code does not appear to address this though.

Thanks for the feedback. We swapped the balls out before we plunged a ball. I thought maybe the balls were flying around the ramp and loading the truck faster than the coil could close the diverter. It has only happened to us since the code update. I will load the old code back in and see how that goes.

#3721 3 years ago
Quoted from TheCapn:

Have you loaded the new code?

V1 22.

#3722 3 years ago

Turtles is a great game. Any word on stern releasing their Topper? Patients is a characteristic I'm working on however never perfected.

images.jpeg-2 (resized).jpgimages.jpeg-2 (resized).jpg
#3723 3 years ago

Does anyone know how to tighten the glider? Mine came loose and there’s a screw right under the front of the glider that is nearly impossible to get to. Sterns technical support hasn’t been responsive and we’re waiting to play again.

0845FFBB-C076-4AB9-9A27-5B1039350D65 (resized).jpeg0845FFBB-C076-4AB9-9A27-5B1039350D65 (resized).jpeg
#3724 3 years ago
Quoted from J_pinz:

Does anyone know how to tighten the glider? Mine came loose and there’s a screw right under the front of the glider that is nearly impossible to get to. Sterns technical support hasn’t been responsive and we’re waiting to play again.[quoted image]

Sounds like a job for one of these bad boys:

https://www.amazon.com/Anex-6102T-Profile-Driver-Handle/dp/B0016VAIBI/

#3725 3 years ago

I’ve had this problem too and does appear to be the balls being slightly magnetized. Seems to only happen to me when I take all the balls out to work on the playfield and put them back in. After manually loosening from the ball lock the problem doesn’t seem to return.

Quoted from DaddyManD:

#3726 3 years ago

Sooooo a new code drop happens with added shaker effects and no one notices? I kept it a secret from the wife and she started pizza multiball. The “what the ....” look on her face last night was prettt satisfying!

#3727 3 years ago

New code has some good fixes. I also like the shaker integration especially on pizza multiball

#3728 3 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

New code has some good fixes. I also like the shaker integration especially on pizza multiball

Ha! You posted this just as I was posting mine. Must have been playing co-op!

#3729 3 years ago

Speaking of shakers. Does this sound likes your guys shaker motor when you play....

#3730 3 years ago

I never had a shaker sound like that, doesn't sound normal to me.

#3731 3 years ago
Quoted from DadofTwins:

I never had a shaker sound like that, doesn't sound normal to me.

Funny. Marco just told me it was normal

#3732 3 years ago

Lol. There ya go. What brand is it?

#3733 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Have you loaded the new code?
V1 22.

Nope, I'm enjoying the 1987/delt combo right now on 1.21.

#3734 3 years ago

Check to see if any of the Mounting screws are loose. Bought both of my shakers from Marco and are a little noisy, but not that much.

#3735 3 years ago
Quoted from PinHead50:

Speaking of shakers. Does this sound likes your guys shaker motor when you play....

It is on the loud side. My stern one in deadpool is pretty loud. Are your clips done up on the lock down bar? Almost sounds like some extra rattle. Also isn’t there an adjustment threaded rod thing on top that you can tighten?

#3736 3 years ago

It’s a stern. I have adjusted this thing 10 times. All tight. No big bolt going through it to tighten. Adjusted to 90 degrees out. 180 isn’t any better

#3737 3 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Ha! You posted this just as I was posting mine. Must have been playing co-op!

Lol...that’s funny

#3738 3 years ago
Quoted from PinHead50:

It’s a stern. I have adjusted this thing 10 times. All tight. No big bolt going through it to tighten. Adjusted to 90 degrees out. 180 isn’t any better

Send it back and try another.

#3739 3 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Send it back and try another.

Working on it. So far offered a 20% restocking fee

#3740 3 years ago
Quoted from PinHead50:

hmmmmmm. If it's defective you should not have to. Maybe try the pinball life one. I bought 2 of them and they are great. Seem to be a little less aggressive than Stern.

#3741 3 years ago
Quoted from PinHead50:

For a DEFECTIVE shaker? Is this straight from Stern or a distributor? If it's a distributor, let me know which one to avoid at all costs. That's BS.

#3742 3 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

hmmmmmm. If it's defective you should not have to. Maybe try the pinball life one. I bought 2 of them and they are great. Seem to be a little less aggressive than Stern.

Went with the stern for the warranty issue

#3743 3 years ago
Quoted from TheCapn:

Nope, I'm enjoying the 1987/delt combo right now on 1.21.

Thanks very much.

#3744 3 years ago

I don't understand where people are getting SPIKE shakers that don't have the bolt across that you can tighten.

Every single one I've bought from Pinball Life has had that bolt. You give it 3 quarter turns before you install, and you're good to go.

#3745 3 years ago

So I'm gonna order shaker motors for stern spike pins.... any real difference between official stern one and pinball life version?

#3746 3 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

So I'm gonna order shaker motors for stern spike pins.... any real difference between official stern one and pinball life version?

I have pinball life in TWD (Spike 1) and TMNT (Spike 2). I have a stern one in Deadpool. The noisiest one that rattles the most is definitely the Stern one. I am now going for Pinball life from now on. Cheaper too.

Somebody correct me, but I did not think warranty was affected by Shaker motors?

#3747 3 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

I have pinball life in TWD (Spike 1) and TMNT (Spike 2). I have a stern one in Deadpool. The noisiest one that rattles the most is definitely the Stern one. I am now going for Pinball life from now on. Cheaper too.
Somebody correct me, but I did not think warranty was affected by Shaker motors?

Stern put out a bulletin that basically says all mods that plug into the electricity of the machine and aren't made by Stern void the warranty. They did this because in the transition from SAM to Spike 1/2, the first couple non-Stern shaker motors that were put in the brand new Spike platform blew the node board. It was quickly fixed and there hasn't been a problem since AFAIK.

#3748 3 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Of course it is. Anything electrical you connect to the game that's not an official Stern product is not going to be warranty friendly. Some shaker motors have been known to take out the cabinet node board, but that was from a few years ago. Stern shakers come with capacitor kits, where I don't think the PBL ones do.

Rob

#3749 3 years ago

Fair enough. Thanks for clarifying.

#3750 3 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Of course it is. Anything electrical you connect to the game that's not an official Stern product is not going to be warranty friendly. Some shaker motors have been known to take out the cabinet node board, but that was from a few years ago. Stern shakers come with capacitor kits, where I don't think the PBL ones do.
Rob

You have that backwards. The capacitor on the 3rd party shaker motors in the beginning was the problem. Sterns don't have the cap according to their 2015 service bulletin:

https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/Stern-SB184.pdf

(which was essentially irrelevant a few weeks after they issued it since all the 3rd party shakers fixed the problem)

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Twisted Tokens

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 3.49
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 16.00
$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chester, PA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Oakhurst, CA
$ 7,000.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 7,999.00
$ 22.00
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 23.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

5,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
York, PA
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 12,057 posts in this topic. You are on page 75 of 242.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-club2020-cowabunga-its-pizza-time/page/75?hl=napoleon and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.