(Topic ID: 271489)

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Club(Stern 2020): Cowabunga! It’s Pizza Time!

By Tuxedomask23

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,044 posts
  • 828 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 32 hours ago by Afty86
  • Topic is favorited by 335 Pinsiders

You

Topic poll

“Which model are you going to purchase”

• Pro 285 votes
    50%
  • Premium 166 votes
    29%
  • LE 120 votes
    21%

(571 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240415_084026 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image.png
PXL_20240413_183258513.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_3649 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3648 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5713 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5712 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8262 (resized).jpeg
20240406_124621 (resized).jpg
SystemJPinball.ca_1_TMNT-MenuCard-PremLE-Mean1.1_example-3 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,044 posts in this topic. You are on page 72 of 241.
#3551 3 years ago
Quoted from rockfantasyman:

my ninja pizza parlor lock / episode start isnt working i. the three switches are registering in the lock . if i re plug the connectors it will work for a ball or two . i have been emailing tech support since monday with no replies . anyone else having this issue and or having troubles getting in touch with stern tech

I think my Pro also suffers from this - have you gotten resolution?

rockfantasyman

#3552 3 years ago

Is there one correct fix for the van diverter digging into the ramp? I’ve read a bunch of different stuff. I can’t tell if I am supposed to disassemble the whole game or put a pad on it…or both.

I am annoyed to find out mine is doing this :/.

#3553 3 years ago

Fixes left outlane. Same as right outlane now. Used a Siamese starpost. Marcos sells them.

EDIT: as mbrave77 pointed out the toothpick is my measure, not a permanent barrier. But now you have me thinking......

19BC3CA1-AC44-4AC2-9ABA-92684CDC9185 (resized).jpeg19BC3CA1-AC44-4AC2-9ABA-92684CDC9185 (resized).jpeg47B4DA66-596A-4ACD-9633-39F0E5406C6F (resized).jpeg47B4DA66-596A-4ACD-9633-39F0E5406C6F (resized).jpeg

#3554 3 years ago
Quoted from Blacksnow:

It was shipped taped to flat cardboard. Once I removed the tape I placed it on a flat surface and it had a slight overall curl. Not a ton though. I thought it may settle or flatten over time. I’ve never installed one before and thought it may be a normal occurrence? Once installed it got worse and worse. It was not caught or snagged on anything. It was just curling really bad. Not sure if it was just taped flat for shipping but still had the rolled memory?? Definitely not a fan of it at all. I will chalk it up to a learning experience. I cut it out of the machine and just waxed it. Plays like a dream now. Below is what it looked like once I cut it out.
[quoted image][quoted image]

I have done a lot of these and use them on a route…I’ve never seen anything like that! Like everyone said, for home use, you don’t really have to worry. Wonder if something happened in transit?

#3555 3 years ago

I own deadpool. And I know the Katana ball guide needs a washer underneath to protect the playfield from chipping.

As per advice with turtles from people like @prodoshi to protect the lair ball guide before it chips. I did that. Tick. The things we have to do when buying a stern game because they can’t put a rubber washer under a ball guide to stop the playfield from chipping.

But fuck me I’m a stupid owner for not scouring the other spots to check if they are ok. How negligent of me.

I didn’t take all the bits off to protect under the ball guide leading to the pizza parlour.

And I now have a nice big chip.

Thanks Stern. I thought you had learnt from Deadpool.

Thanks to me, because I hadn’t.

Are we meant to just rollover, take our playfields apart As soon as we get a new pin and do what Stern can’t be bothered to do? Or if we miss a bit, are we meant to repair as best we can and then put a washer underneath?

I just don’t understand, they know ball guides attached like this are going to destroy the playfield. Do they not care??
1FED4501-0704-4CC7-BD7A-01D614788A67 (resized).jpeg1FED4501-0704-4CC7-BD7A-01D614788A67 (resized).jpeg940F8CBA-43C8-40D4-8F78-5903A14908B7 (resized).jpeg940F8CBA-43C8-40D4-8F78-5903A14908B7 (resized).jpeg

#3556 3 years ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

Felt tape around the border of the back glass helps a lot to dial down the rattle noises. Also, you can put some sound dampening tape on the border of your playfield glass where it meets the rails. I forgot what it's called, but I had some and put them on there which helped a bit.
To see if you're a rattle noises mostly come from the backglass and the playfield glass, just take them out and play a game.
I don't have the official stern shaker motor, I have the one from Pinball Life and with these changes it helps quite a bit. You shouldn't have to reorient the shaker weights.

Surely the ones that come from the factory with a shaker motor don't have all this extra foam and fasteners on it. I mean, its a plug and play part, if it comes from stern like that its a shame.... had i know it would act like that in the machine I would have never purchased it. Does anyone with the motor from the factory have rattle issues??

#3557 3 years ago
Quoted from PinHead50:

Surely the ones that come from the factory with a shaker motor don't have all this extra foam and fasteners on it. I mean, its a plug and play part, if it comes from stern like that its a shame.... had i know it would act like that in the machine I would have never purchased it. Does anyone with the motor from the factory have rattle issues??

I have a stern one in deadpool. It rattles a lot. I have a pinball life one in tmnt. It rattles maybe a bit less. I have a pinball life one in TWD. It behaves itself. A friend has a pinball life one in JP2. it’s more sedate as well. Not sure if it’s down to coding or the actual shaker motor. Sorry for not being helpful.

#3558 3 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Fixes left outlane. Same as right outlane now. Used a Siamese starpost. Marcos sells them. [quoted image][quoted image]

My first thought was that you put the toothpick there so no balls would make it through. Ha!

I bought the siamese post with the intention on using it on my star wars but never did. Maybe ill use it here at some point

#3559 3 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

My first thought was that you put the toothpick there so no balls would make it through. Ha!
I bought the siamese post with the intention on using it on my star wars but never did. Maybe ill use it here at some point

Ha! Thanks, I edited it to clarify. If it’s too easy I’ll remove. You can also angle it further away towards the side rail to increase The gap.

#3560 3 years ago

Just joined the club, turtle power! Now to figure out how the hell to play this game

#3561 3 years ago

I’m having another issue. I posted this before. Can someone with a pro check their shooter lane? Mine is not high enough for the ball to clear the orbit guide rail without clunking. I tried to increase the bend to make it a bit higher but then the folded tab down the bottom does not slot underneath the guide rail. It’s almost as if I need a new shooter lane metal ramp. Let me know if your pro goes clunk on launch and check the shooter ramp with your finger and see if it’s higher than the rail. Appreciate any feedback.

357E5388-7B46-4D58-AB25-441F6AA83228 (resized).jpeg357E5388-7B46-4D58-AB25-441F6AA83228 (resized).jpeg
#3562 3 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

I own deadpool. And I know the Katana ball guide needs a washer underneath to protect the playfield from chipping.
As per advice with turtles from people like prodoshi to protect the lair ball guide before it chips. I did that. Tick. The things we have to do when buying a stern game because they can’t put a rubber washer under a ball guide to stop the playfield from chipping.
But fuck me I’m a stupid owner for not scouring the other spots to check if they are ok. How negligent of me.
I didn’t take all the bits off to protect under the ball guide leading to the pizza parlour.
Are we meant to just rollover, take our playfields apart As soon as we get a new pin and do what Stern can’t be bothered to do? Or if we miss a bit, are we meant to repair as best we can and then put a washer underneath?
I just don’t understand, they know ball guides attached like this are going to destroy the playfield. Do they not care??

Sorry to hear. From what i have seen AIQ has less ball-guide PF contact points, but they still exist. Just keep posting the damaged clear coat, thats not ok and Stern apparently making concessions with the newest title.

#3563 3 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Are we meant to just rollover, take our playfields apart As soon as we get a new pin and do what Stern can’t be bothered to do? Or if we miss a bit, are we meant to repair as best we can and then put a washer underneath?[quoted image][quoted image]

Agreed, I don't think we should have to spend hours trying to correct manufacturer defects.

My LE had a chip straight out of the box and has pooling spots all over the pf. Stern has offered a new playfield, but that doesn't fix the issue unless I pay someone $1k+ to swap them. This is the second NIB Stern game in a row I've bought with playfield defects. I won't keep buying and hoping for a "good" one. So unless something changes, this is my last Stern. Which is too bad, cause I love the games.

#3564 3 years ago

I just got my Premium and I had an issue with the glider not operating. That seems to be a common issue on this thread and many have reported having to obtain and install a replacement unit. Fortunately my problem wasn't quite so severe. It turns out that the selection button was not making contact with the switch beneath it. A quick adjustment to the switch blades and problem solved. Just wanted to share in case anyone experiences the same problem.

#3565 3 years ago

Definitely sad to see. I've just gotten into the habit of fully disassembling the top side of these games and putting a bunch of fiber washers in before playing. I did so on both JP and TMNT.

Sure, it's a huge pain- but I do enjoy the tinkering and it gives me a good chance to really learn about how they're put together and make a lot of adjustments in the process. I use that as an opportunity to adjust the placement of a number of ballguides so that everything feeds cleanly, better align some of the posts, switch everything over to Titan rings, and clean the ramps/plastics up (they often have a lot of manufacturing residue on them- especially black gunk on the metal ramps from what looks like laser cutting through protective film). On the positive side, I feel like once I've done this the games play really well and stay clean for a really long time.

The other super obnoxious thing I do is trim the "nubs" on the edges of the plastics as I'm reassembling, since I get annoyed when microfiber towels tend to catch + snag on them. But that's probably just me.

Quoted from gumnut01:

As per advice with turtles from people like prodoshi to protect the lair ball guide before it chips. I did that. Tick. The things we have to do when buying a stern game because they can’t put a rubber washer under a ball guide to stop the playfield from chipping.

jple_teardown (resized).jpgjple_teardown (resized).jpgtmntle_teardown (resized).jpgtmntle_teardown (resized).jpg

#3566 3 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

I’m having another issue. I posted this before. Can someone with a pro check their shooter lane? Mine is not high enough for the ball to clear the orbit guide rail without clunking. I tried to increase the bend to make it a bit higher but then the folded tab down the bottom does not slot underneath the guide rail. It’s almost as if I need a new shooter lane metal ramp. Let me know if your pro goes clunk on launch and check the shooter ramp with your finger and see if it’s higher than the rail. Appreciate any feedback. [quoted image]

Anyone else have shooter lane height issues on the pro??

#3567 3 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

As I suspected the metal ramp in the shooter lane is the same height or 1mm lower than the rail. When the two attachment screws are put in it pushes the ramp down to below the rail. The ball hits the rail on launch.

To fix I put mylar under the tab of the ramp that slots under the rail. The corners are sharp and scratch the playfield.

I bent the bend a little more to get more gradient and then put a very slight bend into the attachment point forks so the screws don’t put quite as much downwards pressure on the metal Shooter ramp. Then I put a bumper on the side rail to reduce the gap between the orbit rail and shooter ramp.
883E1ED3-5059-4F83-8C86-3BE254434DB2 (resized).jpeg883E1ED3-5059-4F83-8C86-3BE254434DB2 (resized).jpegFC0A2BED-C6E9-40A4-B20D-C15DC07239E5 (resized).jpegFC0A2BED-C6E9-40A4-B20D-C15DC07239E5 (resized).jpeg

Here’s after the fix

B7E373EE-FC62-44F8-A204-FA52BC2D91F3 (resized).jpegB7E373EE-FC62-44F8-A204-FA52BC2D91F3 (resized).jpeg
#3568 3 years ago

Im looking at getting an Avengers but this game just looks like more fun!?

#3569 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

Im looking at getting an Avengers but this game just looks like more fun!?

It is. I wasn't expecting it to be a keeper but can't get enough of it. The code is very well done and the fast layout with familiar shots is a plus.

#3570 3 years ago

I realize us Auzzies are late to the pizza party, because of long shipping times from the USA. TMNT is a shooters dream machine, with tons of satisfying shots. Think setup is paramount to making this game shoot well and when done correctly it does exactly that, shoots super well. What great fun and TMNT home of exciting fun pinball moments! Great coding job Dwight @Xavery! And awesome layout John!

#3571 3 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

I get my pro this evening from Sydney. I'll check mine out

#3572 3 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

I get my pro this evening from Sydney. I'll check mine out

Thanks John. Put the time in to put the washers under the pizza parlour entrance and the lair.

How are Australian distros with chipping?

#3573 3 years ago

Anyone’s glider just slowing down? I’m noticing more and more shots going through because it is slowing down. It also appears to be loose(r) than before.
What is everyone’s default center setting - I think mine is 184 and not sure if that was default or if I changed it. Appreciate everyone’s insights.

Game overall is still great and I just ordered another pin....they are multiplying!!

#3574 3 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Thanks John. Put the time in to put the washers under the pizza parlour entrance and the lair.
How are Australian distros with chipping?

Thanks for the advice. Are these areas prone to chipping? Can you put up picks of specific areas you added washers to. Cheers.

Depends on the severity of the chipping I would say. Plus the use of the game. I would be taking photos of any chipping and send to Michael.

#3575 3 years ago

So my Stern glider replacement came in and distro is going to attempt to install for me tomorrow.
Does anyone know if this is going to solve anything? Or is it just gonna blow again?
Any advice from someone that has had to solve this problem? Thanks!

#3576 3 years ago
Quoted from SpidermanDan:

Anyone’s glider just slowing down? I’m noticing more and more shots going through because it is slowing down. It also appears to be loose(r) than before.
What is everyone’s default center setting - I think mine is 184 and not sure if that was default or if I changed it. Appreciate everyone’s insights.
Game overall is still great and I just ordered another pin....they are multiplying!!

Your glider servo is failing/has failed. Call your dist for a warranty replacement. Stern seems to have done a LOT of them for this machine.

#3577 3 years ago
Quoted from Blacksnow:

It was shipped taped to flat cardboard. Once I removed the tape I placed it on a flat surface and it had a slight overall curl. Not a ton though. I thought it may settle or flatten over time. I’ve never installed one before and thought it may be a normal occurrence? Once installed it got worse and worse. It was not caught or snagged on anything. It was just curling really bad. Not sure if it was just taped flat for shipping but still had the rolled memory?? Definitely not a fan of it at all. I will chalk it up to a learning experience. I cut it out of the machine and just waxed it. Plays like a dream now. Below is what it looked like once I cut it out.

That is brutal to see. I’m sorry. That was certainly stored rolled for a lot longer than it was transferred to the flat cardboard. Maybe heat warped it too. My first Playfield protector I bought 6 years ago came rolled. Last week I finally took it out of storage and laid it flat, put giant boxes filled with my movie poster collection on top of it and will leave it like that for a month or so and see how it turns out. Crazy thing is when I unrolled it, it wasn’t half as curled as yours is in that pic.

#3578 3 years ago
Quoted from acons017:

Here is a video of the issue. I contacted Stern and they said I needed a new glider assembly. I’m new to pinball so I’m sorry but I don’t know what a servo is :/

Mine failed and was replaced by my local pinball shop. LE#342

#3579 3 years ago

So my distro supplied me with a new pizza disc and decal. I level it by eye and the balls catching so it’s a bit low. I get out my square and make sure it is as level as can be. I have a weird thing with the bracket where the top bolt attachment moves easily. But the bottom one is stiff to the point where I have to give it small taps to adjust with the blunt end of a shifter. Anyway. Thought it’s all good. Tighten it up. Play a game. The pizza disc is tight up against the playfield at 4 o’clock. And it’s dropped at that point. Funny thing is the attachment points are 7:30 and 1:30. So why is it low from 4 o’clock to 7. I am really confused and scared I am just going to destroy another weldment. Going to get a tech in. Has anybody else got discs that loo like this? Or have one side of the bracket super tight that makes it hard to adjust?

Here’s a pic of how the disc looks now on the playfield. Will stop playing until it’s corrected.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#3580 3 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

So my distro supplied me with a new pizza disc and decal. I level it by eye and the balls catching so it’s a bit low. I get out my square and make sure it is as level as can be. I have a weird thing with the bracket where the top bolt attachment moves easily. But the bottom one is stiff to the point where I have to give it small taps to adjust with the blunt end of a shifter. Anyway. Thought it’s all good. Tighten it up. Play a game. The pizza disc is tight up against the playfield at 4 o’clock. And it’s dropped at that point. Funny thing is the attachment points are 7:30 and 1:30. So why is it low from 4 o’clock to 7. I am really confused and scared I am just going to destroy another weldment. Going to get a tech in. Has anybody else got discs that loo like this? Or have one side of the bracket super tight that makes it hard to adjust?
Here’s a pic of how the disc looks now on the playfield. Will stop playing until it’s corrected. [quoted image]

I had a hard time leveling the pizza because one side seemed stuck while the other side was loose, even after removing both leveling screws. Yes, one side needed a strong tap to adjust position. It can be a pain.

#3581 3 years ago

Can the spinning pizza disc be disabled in menu options? Not that it's an ideal solution, but at least it would be playable without risk of damage.

#3582 3 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Here’s a pic of how the disc looks now on the playfield. Will stop playing until it’s corrected. [quoted image]

mine looks like that as well, but i havent had any issues

#3583 3 years ago
Quoted from durgee7:

I had a hard time leveling the pizza because one side seemed stuck while the other side was loose, even after removing both leveling screws. Yes, one side needed a strong tap to adjust position. It can be a pain.

Thanks. Good to know.

Quoted from DadofTwins:

Can the spinning pizza disc be disabled in menu options? Not that it's an ideal solution, but at least it would be playable without risk of damage.

Good idea. I just finished modding it. I'm just looking at it and I can feel the craving.

Quoted from mbrave77:

mine looks like that as well, but i havent had any issues

Appreciate all the feedback. I need to work out the tolerances of these discs. Am I expecting it to be perfectly centred and level. I can never get mine level all the way round. It’s not the only spinning disc I’ve owned. Never had problems with JJPOTC or NGG.

Anyway had some family members enjoying the disc missing.

8BD63452-DFD2-4551-970C-20B8259FC11A (resized).jpeg8BD63452-DFD2-4551-970C-20B8259FC11A (resized).jpegF1BA22AA-06D7-4311-B675-15C30BAEAF8F (resized).jpegF1BA22AA-06D7-4311-B675-15C30BAEAF8F (resized).jpeg
#3584 3 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

Thanks for the advice. Are these areas prone to chipping? Can you put up picks of specific areas you added washers to. Cheers.
Depends on the severity of the chipping I would say. Plus the use of the game. I would be taking photos of any chipping and send to Michael.

@prodoshi put this together

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-club2020-cowabunga-its-pizza-time/page/38#post-5781379

With the lair, I only bent after the first attachment point not at the bend point. Doing it at the bend point puts the rest of the ball guide out of shape. I would also advise not to change the orbit above the left Lair flipper.

I personally only fixed 2 ball guides with washers. One to the right of the lair and one to the right off the pizza parlour entrance.

The danger areas are where the end of a ball guide can be hit by a ball and they have the riveted bolt that goes through the playfield. Check out the chipping on mine.

B8FB58EE-CC1B-4F89-AE6A-550348AD392F (resized).jpegB8FB58EE-CC1B-4F89-AE6A-550348AD392F (resized).jpeg
#3585 3 years ago

Mind orbits shooter,coin taker have these at blow out pricing $20.00 plus 10.00 for a 12 volt cn6 splitter iF you want to do it be prepared to mod your shooter housing and be ready to wet sand the new shooter rod because it is to big for the sleeve,you can also sand the inside of the sleeve,I did both .it was a bit of work and it still needs tweaking to get the ball to still shoot around the playfield but it looks cool,is it worth it you be the judge. .i believe these were 60.00 at one time.
So if you have Bally Williams games that these are designed for it is a cheep cool mod .

B42BCA60-0F3D-43DA-B49C-86152C885915 (resized).jpegB42BCA60-0F3D-43DA-B49C-86152C885915 (resized).jpeg
#3586 3 years ago

This game is kicking my ass. I have it kinda steep but dang. SDTM all night. I haven’t rage quite in a long time but I did tonight. Tomorrow is a new day and I plan on making TMNT my B!@$h. Sorry for the rant.

#3587 3 years ago

It's cool how the van door opens and 4 balls fall out and go sdtm.

#3588 3 years ago
Quoted from spidey:

They’re heading for the sewer dude!!

#3589 3 years ago

Fixed my disc. I’m a dumbass.

So I’ve been trying to level using the 2 bolts on the side.

But what my slow brain failed to realise is when you tighten the top bolt, the harness is getting sideways movement like a rocking boat. I thought the tabs on the side near the bolt kept it level. They don’t. There is slight movement.

So when you tighten the bolts, with the other hand forcibly push or hold the top harness level.

Attached is before shot. Then me pushing against or twisting the harness and The final shot is is fixed.

This is to help any fellow stupid people out there. Rest of you probably found this obvious, like putting your pants on.

1134C08C-B26A-4655-85C5-6111CA90D28C (resized).jpeg1134C08C-B26A-4655-85C5-6111CA90D28C (resized).jpeg995AFB7C-A71E-4EE0-8247-D7D14B5770BD (resized).jpeg995AFB7C-A71E-4EE0-8247-D7D14B5770BD (resized).jpegCFEA0B8E-4C99-4D70-A2EA-6D70808EBFB8 (resized).jpegCFEA0B8E-4C99-4D70-A2EA-6D70808EBFB8 (resized).jpeg
#3590 3 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Fixed my disc. I’m a dumbass.
So I’ve been trying to level using the 2 bolts on the side.
But what my slow brain failed to realise is when you tighten the top bolt, the harness is getting sideways movement like a rocking boat. I thought the tabs on the side near the bolt kept it level. They don’t. There is slight movement.
So when you tighten the bolts, with the other hand forcibly push or hold the top harness level.
Attached is before shot. Then me pushing against or twisting the harness and The final shot is is fixed.
This is to help any fellow stupid people out there. Rest of you probably found this obvious, like putting your pants on. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Did you put extra ferrite chokes on the pizza motor wiring? I see one on each wire, then another on both wires. I only have 1 choke and it was on both wires (not looped). I changed mine and looped both wires through the block (like the first two are on yours). There's just enough room to do that for 1 loop.

Rob

#3591 3 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Did you put extra ferrite chokes on the pizza motor wiring? I see one on each wire, then another on both wires. I only have 1 choke and it was on both wires (not looped). I changed mine and looped both wires through the block (like the first two are on yours). There's just enough room to do that for 1 loop.
Rob

No it came like that. Maybe it was the last one for the day and they just thought what the hey....

#3592 3 years ago
Quoted from RikeIsland:

This game is kicking my ass. I have it kinda steep but dang. SDTM all night. I haven’t rage quite in a long time but I did tonight. Tomorrow is a new day and I plan on making TMNT my B!@$h. Sorry for the rant.

you better find that sweet spot pitch, its about 6.5!
shots will be easier and you can backhand the right ramp. the game is still frustrating aF

#3593 3 years ago
Quoted from spidey:

HAHA yes drives me nuts. I got in the habit of rocking the machine when they come out so they dont drain.

#3594 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Your glider servo is failing/has failed. Call your dist for a warranty replacement. Stern seems to have done a LOT of them for this machine.

Thanks guys for the feedback I really do appreciate it.

Can anyone tell me what their glider mid setting is? Mine is 184 right now; is that right?

#3595 3 years ago
Quoted from SpidermanDan:

Thanks guys for the feedback I really do appreciate it.
Can anyone tell me what their glider mid setting is? Mine is 184 right now; is that right?

It really depends. Mine is at ~180, but I think it’s slightly different for everyone. I agree with Vireland. I reported the same issue on this thread a few weeks ago and he told me to reach out to my distributor to get a warranty replacement glider assembly from Stern. He was spot on, it was the servo (small black box that sits behind the glider that controls it’s positioning). The replacement glider I received from Stern fixed the issue.

#3596 3 years ago
Quoted from acons017:

It really depends. Mine is at ~180, but I think it’s slightly different for everyone. I agree with Vireland. I reported the same issue on this thread a few weeks ago and he told me to reach out to my distributor to get a warranty replacement glider assembly from Stern. He was spot on, it was the servo (small black box that sits behind the glider that controls it’s positioning). The replacement glider I received from Stern fixed the issue.

Waiting on mine, how long did it take you to get it? What it a hard install?

#3597 3 years ago

Anyone else have combo's not register if you wing them around really fast? Particularly if they end on the center ramp?

#3598 3 years ago
Quoted from LapsedGamer:

Anyone else have combo's not register if you wing them around really fast? Particularly if they end on the center ramp?

Yes, which is so frustrating considering how hard the center ramp follow up shot is. Not sure if this is a hardware or software issue though. Registers fine in test and single shots.

#3599 3 years ago
Quoted from Aquapin:

Yes, which is so frustrating considering how hard the center ramp follow up shot is. Not sure if this is a hardware or software issue though. Registers fine in test and single shots.

It's a hardware issue I believe. The ball is either going too fast for the opto to pick up or it is jumping over the opto. Someone in the thread suggested putting a piece of tape on half of the opto and others have said that a plastic piece needs to go on top of that center ramp right at that turn and towards the opto so the ball does not hop and jump over the opto.

#3600 3 years ago
Quoted from LapsedGamer:

I think this is probably just the opto not registering at the exit of the center ramp on really fast balls. Cover the bottom half of the opto sender and receiver circle with duct tape (or anything that's not transparent or opaque) and see if that helps registration of fast balls. It's worked on other games with similar issues.

I wonder what the frequency of the opto polling is?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 22.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grindstone, PA
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Terre Haute, IN
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ballston Spa, NY
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 7,000.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Twisted Tokens

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 16.00
$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 7,999.00
$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 12,044 posts in this topic. You are on page 72 of 241.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-club2020-cowabunga-its-pizza-time/page/72?hl=pokerjake and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.