(Topic ID: 271489)

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Club(Stern 2020): Cowabunga! It’s Pizza Time!

By Tuxedomask23

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,043 posts
  • 828 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 17 hours ago by MrBigg
  • Topic is favorited by 336 Pinsiders

You

Topic poll

“Which model are you going to purchase”

• Pro 285 votes
    50%
  • Premium 166 votes
    29%
  • LE 119 votes
    21%

(570 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240415_084026 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image.png
PXL_20240413_183258513.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_3649 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3648 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5713 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5712 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8262 (resized).jpeg
20240406_124621 (resized).jpg
SystemJPinball.ca_1_TMNT-MenuCard-PremLE-Mean1.1_example-3 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,043 posts in this topic. You are on page 69 of 241.
#3401 3 years ago
Quoted from parsonsaj:

Finally got the rest of the above-playfield mods installed on my pro. Got the LER Krang, and the glider, radioactive canister, and lighted ramps from Mezel, along with a set of Mikonos metallic instruction cards. [quoted image]

Do you have a link for those Metallic instruction cards?

#3402 3 years ago

Its probably $1200 and you'll have to pay an additional $149 a month to keep the extra mode called "Don's jiggly nuts" activated.

#3403 3 years ago
Quoted from billrz:

Hungriest left Outlane I’ve ever experienced in pinball. I fixed it last night tho. 3rd game, 2 player co-op, got over 150m ! Look at the difference in right and left Outland drains. This is not normal.
Games growing on me, was super frustrating for a while.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Thats an amazing score though. 3 balls?

#3404 3 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

I absolutely hate when a logo gets put on top of the same logo! That topper logo blocks most of the Technodrome! Ditch it and let the Technodrome look bigger! It's also not going to confuse anyone on what game it belongs to because it will always be installed 4" above the translite logo. Ugh.

Hopefully it’s just screwed on, that way it should be easy to unscrew and remove the topper logo and show all the technodrome.

#3405 3 years ago

Looks like the topper has been shown to Stern Insiders. Rest of us should see it soon!

#3406 3 years ago
Quoted from johnnyutah:

Looks like the topper has been shown to Stern Insiders. Rest of us should see it soon!

Someone posted a pic of it on page 68 of this thread.

#3407 3 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Thats an amazing score though. 3 balls?

2 player coop. Used Mikey and Raph. Got to final battle... as you can see

#3409 3 years ago
Quoted from billrz:

2 player coop. Used Mikey and Raph. Got to final battle... as you can see

missed that. makes me feel a bit better! I need to start doing Coop with myself(sounds dirty) so I can see more of the game...45m is my best solo and second best is 32m so it was really a one off.

#3410 3 years ago
Quoted from RPZ:

Finally home in Oz!!!!
[quoted image]

Congrats! How good is it!

JP topper looks fantastic too. Plenty of fun there to keep you going for ages,

#3411 3 years ago

Removed.

#3412 3 years ago

Does anyone have any airball issues on the left ramp? I'm finding the bumpers on the left and right side of the left ramp. Curious if anyone has any solutions as I'm afraid the glass is going to crack after these nasty airballs.

#3413 3 years ago

Does anyone have any airball issues on the left ramp? I'm finding the bumpers on the left and right side of the left ramp are causing nasty airballs. Curious if anyone has any solution before my glass cracks

#3414 3 years ago
Quoted from J_pinz:

Does anyone have any airball issues on the left ramp? I'm finding the bumpers on the left and right side of the left ramp are causing nasty airballs. Curious if anyone has any solution before my glass cracks

You mean the two targets? You can get a bracket that angles them down like 5 degrees, which kills airballs dead. It worked great on Ghostbusters' left ramp which had a similar problem.

But I haven't had airballs on the Pro personally at 6.5 degrees pitch. What pitch are you at?

#3415 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

You physically unplug everything from node 8 and take the board out, then do the same for node 9. Then set the old node 8 to node 9 dip switch settings and install it at node 9 location and plug everthing back in, then do the opposide for the old node 9 - change the dip switches to node 8 settings and install it at node 8's old location.

Made the swap, including updating the dip switches, and the problem stays the same. So, seemingly, it has nothing to do with node 8 itself, but possibly one of the downstream boards, or something in the code?

#3416 3 years ago
Quoted from zeldarioid:

Made the swap, including updating the dip switches, and the problem stays the same. So, seemingly, it has nothing to do with node 8 itself, but possibly one of the downstream boards, or something in the code?

Yeah, likely one of the 8b, 8c, etc boards. I don't think it's code (unless we're back to a bad SD) because it's not doing it on the TMNT Pro with current code here.

#3417 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Yeah, likely one of the 8b, 8c, etc boards. I don't think it's code (unless we're back to a bad SD) because it's not doing it on the TMNT Pro with current code here.

As far as the code angle goes, I’m wondering if there is some combination of things that I could’ve done, inputs in quick succession perhaps, to scramble something and assign some variable in the code somehow, otherwise agreed: If it were an inherent thing to this version, it would a) be more widespread, and b) likely have happened sooner.

But yeah, for now, seems somehow, for some reason, those circuits are remaining closed, somewhere in one of the downstream boards...hopefully Stern will get back to my email before too long (the KICKERS number isn’t operating right now), and even more hopefully, the likely necessary board replacement will be gratis!

#3418 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:You mean the two targets? You can get a bracket that angles them down like 5 degrees, which kills airballs dead. It worked great on Ghostbusters' left ramp which had a similar problem.
But I haven't had airballs on the Pro personally at 6.5 degrees pitch. What pitch are you at?

It is from the targets. It seems the left target doesn’t cause airballs but the right one does. I saw the piece they made for Ghostbusters. I thought there may have been a better solution as that part is expensive. I have mine at 6.5 pitch as well.

#3419 3 years ago
Quoted from J_pinz:

It is from the targets. It seems the left target doesn’t cause airballs but the right one does. I saw the piece they made for Ghostbusters. I thought there may have been a better solution as that part is expensive. I have mine at 6.5 pitch as well.

It's well worth the cost. Fixes the problem completely in my experience with Ghostbusters.

#3420 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:It's well worth the cost. Fixes the problem completely in my experience with Ghostbusters.

Just ordered. Appreciate the recommendation.

#3421 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It's well worth the cost. Fixes the problem completely in my experience with Ghostbusters.

Will this also dampen the incredibly speedy reboundS off of those targets?

#3422 3 years ago
Quoted from acons017:

Will this also dampen the incredibly speedy reboundS off of those targets?

Probably not. But it does keep them down on the playfield.

#3423 3 years ago
Quoted from J_pinz:

I have this too. It is probably not so much the targets, but your spinning pizza disc. If it is slightly high or warped (like mine is) it will cause the ball to lift slightly. It then rebounds off the target and causes airballs for me all the way down the playfield past the flippers. It also causes left ramp misses and pizza parlour rejects. Until you fix it, it's going to be very annoying for you.

#3424 3 years ago
Quoted from zeldarioid:

As far as the code angle goes, I’m wondering if there is some combination of things that I could’ve done, inputs in quick succession perhaps, to scramble something and assign some variable in the code somehow, otherwise agreed: If it were an inherent thing to this version, it would a) be more widespread, and b) likely have happened sooner.
But yeah, for now, seems somehow, for some reason, those circuits are remaining closed, somewhere in one of the downstream boards...hopefully Stern will get back to my email before too long (the KICKERS number isn’t operating right now), and even more hopefully, the likely necessary board replacement will be gratis!

I had this issue on my GB-Premium. For me, it was the downstream board connected to the node board. I opened a ticket with stern, they had my swap node boards like you just did, and the problem didnt go away. They sent me a new downstream board and all was well after that.

#3425 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

This. I dont get alot of airballs but occasionally from the ramp and from the 2x target under the glider. I am going to go ahead and replace all three with the angled brackets. They worked fantastic on GB

#3426 3 years ago
Quoted from J_pinz:

Does anyone have any airball issues on the left ramp?

I did and I fixed it be re-leveling the pizza spinner with the playfield. Any minor hop the ball gets from rolling over that wheel (at speed) is then re-directed upwards when the ball hits one of the dimension X targets at the entrance of the left ramp.

Rob

#3427 3 years ago
Quoted from arcadenerd925:

This. I dont get alot of airballs but occasionally from the ramp and from the 2x target under the glider. I am going to go ahead and replace all three with the angled brackets. They worked fantastic on GB

I temporarily angled the brackets forward on my game by adding shims. It did not really help. It's only when I re-leveled the pizza spinner that it was fixed. It seemed level, but I adjusted it anyhow and it's much better now.

Rob

#3428 3 years ago

I had this issue on my GB-Premium. For me, it was the downstream board connected to the node board. I opened a ticket with stern, they had my swap node boards like you just did, and the problem didnt go away. They sent me a new downstream board and all was well after that.

Fingers crossed I get the same outcome here! Thank you for sharing

#3429 3 years ago

Where are you guys ordering them? I haven’t found them yet and I want to order some for Star Trek.

Thanks

#3430 3 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I temporarily angled the brackets forward on my game by adding shims. It did not really help. It's only when I re-leveled the pizza spinner that it was fixed. It seemed level, but I adjusted it anyhow and it's much better now.
Rob

I think you’re right as I noticed my pizza disc isn’t level and that would make sense since I seem to only get air balls at the right target which is just past the spinning disc. Can you tell me how you leveled it?

#3431 3 years ago
Quoted from J_pinz:

I think you’re right as I noticed my pizza disc isn’t level and that would make sense since I seem to only get air balls at the right target which is just past the spinning disc. Can you tell me how you leveled it?

Airballs from the right target does mean your pizza wheel is not level.

There's 2 bolts on the bracket assembly that can be loosened to adjust the height. Loosen them a bit, but keep them a little snug so when you adjust the wheel position, it stays in place. I used a ruler on edge to make sure it's level. If you lay the ruler flat and it even slightly catches the edge of the disk, it's too high. Level it as best you can, then just test by shooting the right dimension X target. It's quite obvious when you get it level because you will be able to shoot the target many times without a single airball. Re-tighten the bolts.

You will find the pizza parlor lock a lot smoother to shoot as well.

Rob

#3432 3 years ago
Quoted from Zenomorp:

Well, add me to the list of people with Glider issues. One week old. Noticed this today. The glider is working. It moves left, right and center, but it’s ‘fidgeting.’ I’ve calibrated it twice and it’s still doing this. I’ve heard about Glider issues, but I’m not aware if this is one of them. What’s weird is that it’s working the way it’s supposed to with regards to diverting. It moves left, center, and right but fidgets around...but not in test mode. In test/calibration mode in doesn’t fidget at all but it doesn’t always move back to the same point. If I set the calibration for center at 188 and move it left or right, when it goes back to center it’s 190, or 191. Same for the other positions. There is a tiny 4-pin node board inside some heat shrink that the glider connects to. I’m wondering if that is the issue and sending errant voltage to the servo. Any ideas? It's working for the moment except for the fidgeting. I'm sure at some point the servo will die due to this.

We have the same issue with our glider fidgeting on the Premium. When we press the action button it moves to the left and doesn't wiggle, but when I press the action button to rotate it to the right it starts shaking again. Anybody have a fix? Afraid we will burn out the servos.

#3433 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballonthemark:

We have the same issue with our glider fidgeting on the Premium. When we press the action button it moves to the left and doesn't wiggle, but when I press the action button to rotate it to the right it starts shaking again. Anybody have a fix? Afraid we will burn out the servos.

Pretty sure that means it's already burned out, at least going by everyone else's posts.

#3434 3 years ago

I got to Final Battle the other night on stream. Cowabunga will be a challenge.

#3435 3 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Airballs from the right target does mean your pizza wheel is not level.
There's 2 bolts on the bracket assembly that can be loosened to adjust the height. Loosen them a bit, but keep them a little snug so when you adjust the wheel position, it stays in place. I used a ruler on edge to make sure it's level. If you lay the ruler flat and it even slightly catches the edge of the disk, it's too high. Level it as best you can, then just test by shooting the right dimension X target. It's quite obvious when you get it level because you will be able to shoot the target many times without a single airball. Re-tighten the bolts.
You will find the pizza parlor lock a lot smoother to shoot as well.
Rob

I leveled the pizza disc this morning and no more air balls! Appreciate the guidance. Turns out I’m much better at the game when I’m not worrying about smashing the glass

#3436 3 years ago
Quoted from Waxx:

Where are you guys ordering them? I haven’t found them yet and I want to order some for Star Trek.
Thanks

This is where i got mine for GB previously, pricey tho: https://www.shapeways.com/product/GRBNG4DQK/stern-target-bracket-v2-5deg2mm

#3437 3 years ago

Thanks and you are not kidding about pricey. $20 per angle bracket is up there.

#3438 3 years ago
Quoted from J_pinz:

I leveled the pizza disc this morning and no more air balls! Appreciate the guidance. Turns out I’m much better at the game when I’m not worrying about smashing the glass

How "un-level" was it. as in, if you ran your fingers over it, was it obvious?

Next time i have the glass off I will check mine.

#3439 3 years ago

Is it just me or did TMNT get more exciting after the reveal stream and Avengers got a lot less exciting?

#3440 3 years ago
Quoted from RikeIsland:

Is it just me or did TMNT get more exciting after the reveal stream and Avengers got a lot less exciting?

I thought my adverse reaction was going to be booed by the hype train but man, the hype has really been crushed after that reveal. You'll have the usual stern army support it 100% (b/c they support all of the games, even garbage) but you can tell - the fair minded pinsiders - almost all said it was disappointing or not as good as they hoped. I'm in that camp.

#3441 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

almost all said it was disappointing or not as good as they hoped. I'm in that camp.

well, to be fair, when people start calling a machine the next game of the year before even seeing the GAMEplay or animations, maybe the hype train is moving a little too fast!

#3442 3 years ago
Quoted from RikeIsland:

Regardless of Avengers, there is no denying the excellent game that John, Dwight and the rest of their team provided us with. I am very happy with my TMNT LE.

Rob

#3443 3 years ago

How "un-level" was it. as in, if you ran your fingers over it, was it obvious?
Next time i have the glass off I will check mine.

You can't tell with your finger.

Rob

#3444 3 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Regardless of Avengers, there is no denying the excellent game that John, Dwight and the rest of their team provided us with. I am very happy with my TMNT LE.
Rob

I very much agree I love my Premium. I just wish the topper wasn’t such a miss.

#3445 3 years ago
Quoted from RikeIsland:

I very much agree I love my Premium. I just wish the topper wasn’t such a miss.

It's ok. My cats don't like toppers. They just get in their way. Never forget the time one of them went to jump on the backbox of pirates and go smack head first into the perspex topper....

#3446 3 years ago

Same in the french forum, Avengers reveal just killed the hype.
Yeap, the playfield is fully packed with ramps and so, but music and gfx are ...just flat. no wow effect.
Whereas TMNT is fun, vibrant and party mode !! as Deadpool is too.

#3447 3 years ago

Has anyone else had issues with their pizza spinner breaking at the welds Contacted stern three weeks ago supposed to be sending me a new one said they do not have any and have no idea when they are sending me it going on almost a month my game has been broke also has anyone heard of a fix for the diverter ramp on the turtle van or are they just going to let that slide

#3448 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I thought my adverse reaction was going to be booed by the hype train but man, the hype has really been crushed after that reveal. You'll have the usual stern army support it 100% (b/c they support all of the games, even garbage) but you can tell - the fair minded pinsiders - almost all said it was disappointing or not as good as they hoped. I'm in that camp.

I am 50/50. I do like some of avengers features, but didn’t seem as “fun”. Maybe it’s a theme thing. Time will tell.

#3449 3 years ago
Quoted from BENETNATH:

Same in the french forum, Avengers reveal just killed the hype.
Yeap, the playfield is fully packed with ramps and so, but music and gfx are ...just flat. no wow effect.
Whereas TMNT is fun, vibrant and party mode !! as Deadpool is too.

I fully agree.
Avengers is way too serious.

#3450 3 years ago

I have an AIQ LE coming either way. I’ll report back on how it compares to tmnt. I love tmnt so hopefully it’s just as fun

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Twisted Tokens

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 3.49
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 16.00
$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tualatin, OR
$ 7,000.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 7,999.00
$ 22.00
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 23.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 12,043 posts in this topic. You are on page 69 of 241.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-club2020-cowabunga-its-pizza-time/page/69?hl=soulstoner and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.