(Topic ID: 271489)

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Club(Stern 2020): Cowabunga! It’s Pizza Time!

By Tuxedomask23

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,044 posts
  • 828 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 31 hours ago by Afty86
  • Topic is favorited by 335 Pinsiders

You

Topic poll

“Which model are you going to purchase”

• Pro 285 votes
    50%
  • Premium 166 votes
    29%
  • LE 120 votes
    21%

(571 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240415_084026 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image.png
PXL_20240413_183258513.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_3649 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3648 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5713 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5712 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8262 (resized).jpeg
20240406_124621 (resized).jpg
SystemJPinball.ca_1_TMNT-MenuCard-PremLE-Mean1.1_example-3 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,044 posts in this topic. You are on page 67 of 241.
#3301 3 years ago
Quoted from zombieyeti:

Got my Premium TMNT Wednesday! So proud of what the team did on this... Now I just have to learn to suck less at it

Man, welcome to the club! This game kicks my ass, but at least it looks fantastic while doing it

#3302 3 years ago
Quoted from adamgacek:

I’d love to see an increase the Team Up frequency. Make it available after 2 battles so that you end up hitting all 4 by the wizard mode. Or have completed modes count as 2 modes for Team Up qualification time further reward mode success.

You can only play the team up of your specific Turtle.

Quoted from adamgacek:

Mode and Foot 1-2-3 scoring are still way too low in my opinion even with 2x scoring.

I like the idea of changing 1-2-3 foot combo a bit to make it more interesting and lucrative. I would suggest: 1st, make it so you need to do something to light 1-2-3 foot inlane; 2nd, make the flipper buttons cycle the insert on/off so you have some ability to choose when to start it, and 3rd, make the spinner value increase more rapidly when 1-2-3 foot is actively running and maybe add some time to the timer.

Quoted from adamgacek:

Combos need to be added to the code somehow to reward any time you hit the center ramp after another shot. Maybe add in a side mini wizard mode involving the Technodrome after a certain number.

I feel like there are already combos/hurry-ups pretty prominent in the game: 1-2-3 foot, weapon hurry-ups, and Krang Kombos, I know they arent quite the same as a traditional combo but they give plenty of incentive and reasons to shoot the difficult center ramp shot. They just need to be appropriately incorporated and lucrative enough to be worth specifically going for. In my opinion, at least.

Speaking of the Krang Kombo, it would be cool if there was a way to also build that up rather than just 3 loops and center ramp for 500k. Maybe something could build the value (like the pops, or even switch hits per ball) and THEN, when it's worth some points, 3 loops and then center ramp to collect. Theres probably much better ideas out there. But right now, it kind of just feels like a feature to complete BECAUSE you need it for Cowabunga rather than something that is worthwhile on it's own. And lets be fair, doing something just because you need it for a final wizard mode doesn't really seem like the best incentive when 99+% of games played won't be getting to Cowabunga.

#3303 3 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

You won’t hear anything.

I heard from a distributor that there is a board of three people at Stern that meet once a month to decide on what they are going to do for quality concerns customers submit.

#3304 3 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

You can only play the team up of your specific Turtle.

I get that now you can only do this but why not open it up. Make it your team up first, then allow for another one to open up depending on the modes you’ve played, etc. The team up code and animations are already in the game. Let’s use them.

I hear you on the Krang combo and 1-2-3 foot shots, I just think it would be cool for another end goal for completing or building up these tasks like TWD’s mini wizard modes.

Love your idea on building or enhancing the Krang combo.

How about something other than pizza eating contest for additional collecting of pizza slices?

#3305 3 years ago
Quoted from adamgacek:

How about something other than pizza eating contest for additional collecting of pizza slices?

Yeah, I like the idea of eating pizza being re-worked. It says right on the apron "Use Button To Eat Pizza," so maybe do a bit more with that? Like make combo shots to bring up slices of pizza and then hit the button to "eat" them before they time out.

#3306 3 years ago

I really don’t see much more being modified with this games code regarding rules

I hope some tweaks are polished but I know sterns workload and they know when good enough meets the goal

Love the ideas tho with combos and Krang

Wish there was more for the glider - seems thrown in with no true purpose or am I missing something

Love the game - hope gets better and better

#3307 3 years ago
Quoted from StoneyCreek:

ducatination, may want to put a digital level on your playfield.

Yep, I did. And it read 6.7, so I dropped it .02. And ofcourse, there was no difference in play with that small of a change.

#3308 3 years ago

So, aside from the esthetics, is it worth changing the rubbers out for the Titans? Never played with Titans before, but i bought a set in all original black.

#3309 3 years ago
Quoted from TheCnyPinGuy:

I really don’t see much more being modified with this games code regarding rules

Yeah, I totally agree. I feel like the game is pretty much what it's going to be and I enjoy it as it currently is. However, I still can't help thinking about how tweaks and changes would help to elevate it further and provide more depth to the overall framework that already exists.

I've heard Dwight talk about "breadth" in the code as well as "depth." And to me, depth is the way things become available to you later in the game as you progress: play episodes, unlock Team Up, play more episodes, unlock Final Battle. But breadth would be the things available right from the start or that progress more or less independent of other features: Play an episode, Complete Training, Krang Kombos, Weapon Hurry-Ups, 1-2-3 foot combo, both MBs, etc.

The real trick, in my opinion, is to take all that breadth and not only provide different things to do, but to incentive those things through points, progress or just being an enjoyable feature. If a feature isn't worth playing or just isn't fun, then it might as well not exist.

For example, I think Training is fun, I like the way you qualify and start it, and I like the way the game induces tension with the timer counting down and the red lights flashing when you miss the needed shot. (I feel like I'm really letting Splinter down). But I'd still like more incentive to focus on progressing through it, plus it's directly linked with the perks, which are further reinforced by the "Choose Your Turtle" mechanic, which gives the entire game some extra character.

1-2-3 Foot, on the otherhand, feels likes it just sort of starts without you saying so, so if you're working on doing something else, like starting episodes or going for training or something, it feels intrusive. Like it pops up saying "STOP STOP STOP! Shoot me! Shoot me!" and then you have to decide if this semi-random feature is worth your time, and, if you haven't been focusing on building the spinner value or starting 2X PF, it probably isn't. So then it times out and goes away, you can't bring it back until after you drain (again, lack of control over the feature) so then you likely forget about it until the next time it semi-randomly starts again. Rinse and repeat. It's ultimately a shame, because completing the combo is actually pretty satisfying but as it stands if you complete it early, you don't get much value for it and it goes away.

Contrast that with the Krang Kombo, which is also not very valuable and is also a satisfying combo to complete BUT is a feature you do have control over. So when you hit the loop shot once, then quickly think either, "sure, lets try that again" or "Nah, I'm gonna stick with my current plan and if it times out, no worries." You don't get locked out of it, it will still be available if you want to focus on it, but it's also not intrusively blocking the other things you may already be focusing on.

#3310 3 years ago
Quoted from kh39540:

So, aside from the esthetics, is it worth changing the rubbers out for the Titans? Never played with Titans before, but i bought a set in all original black.

Personally, I think they play about the same. The upside is that Titans don’t deteriorate like the original black rubbers and won’t dirty up your playfield as quick. I went with all clear titans with green flipper rings and posts. Looks great in my opinion.

5B4267A9-9804-4311-861B-9EE0B92B27D9.jpeg5B4267A9-9804-4311-861B-9EE0B92B27D9.jpeg
#3311 3 years ago

Friends picking up an LE have the issues with the divertor been resolved or a fix issues? Apologies I have lost track of this thread so again sorry if this has already been pointed out.

#3312 3 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

Yeah, I totally agree. I feel like the game is pretty much what it's going to be and I enjoy it as it currently is. However, I still can't help thinking about how tweaks and changes would help to elevate it further and provide more depth to the overall framework that already exists.
I've heard Dwight talk about "breadth" in the code as well as "depth." And to me, depth is the way things become available to you later in the game as you progress: play episodes, unlock Team Up, play more episodes, unlock Final Battle. But breadth would be the things available right from the start or that progress more or less independent of other features: Play an episode, Complete Training, Krang Kombos, Weapon Hurry-Ups, 1-2-3 foot combo, both MBs, etc.
The real trick, in my opinion, is to take all that breadth and not only provide different things to do, but to incentive those things through points, progress or just being an enjoyable feature. If a feature isn't worth playing or just isn't fun, then it might as well not exist.
For example, I think Training is fun, I like the way you qualify and start it, and I like the way the game induces tension with the timer counting down and the red lights flashing when you miss the needed shot. (I feel like I'm really letting Splinter down). But I'd still like more incentive to focus on progressing through it, plus it's directly linked with the perks, which are further reinforced by the "Choose Your Turtle" mechanic, which gives the entire game some extra character.
1-2-3 Foot, on the otherhand, feels likes it just sort of starts without you saying so, so if you're working on doing something else, like starting episodes or going for training or something, it feels intrusive. Like it pops up saying "STOP STOP STOP! Shoot me! Shoot me!" and then you have to decide if this semi-random feature is worth your time, and, if you haven't been focusing on building the spinner value or starting 2X PF, it probably isn't. So then it times out and goes away, you can't bring it back until after you drain (again, lack of control over the feature) so then you likely forget about it until the next time it semi-randomly starts again. Rinse and repeat. It's ultimately a shame, because completing the combo is actually pretty satisfying but as it stands if you complete it early, you don't get much value for it and it goes away.
Contrast that with the Krang Kombo, which is also not very valuable and is also a satisfying combo to complete BUT is a feature you do have control over. So when you hit the loop shot once, then quickly think either, "sure, lets try that again" or "Nah, I'm gonna stick with my current plan and if it times out, no worries." You don't get locked out of it, it will still be available if you want to focus on it, but it's also not intrusively blocking the other things you may already be focusing on.

I agree with your assessment on the 123 Combo. Even if its not worth a lot of points at first though it still is an important deal to get for you need it to get to Cowabunga. Def needs to have an increase in point value because it is not an easy thing to achieve and once you do its kind of depressing what the point outcome is. But honestly I don't care where I collect it or how much it is worth. As long as I get it for Cowabunga. Speaking about Cowabunga, I have a feeling this is going to be almost impossible to get to on single player. I just think there are too many things stacked against you. Yes you can always play better but there is a point of just being not achievable. I don't know, I am sure my mind will change the more time I get on this but every other pin I play I never think this is impossible. I always think I will eventually get there. Not on Turtles. Getting to Final Battle. Sure. But getting to final battle while also getting everything else you need while trying to fight the brutality of the layout.....going to be tuff!

#3313 3 years ago

Even though this game can frustrate great to get flow like hit right ramp, centre loop and then episode select in a fraction of a second. Both player and watcher go wow.

Wish for spinner to have more visible effect and sounds. I forget that it’s there.

Also it would be great to have a lot more seperation in success vs failure animations. Seems a bit unfinished in areas like the mousers episode. Why does Baxter get zapped for doing a good job. This would add a lot of character to the episodes.

#3314 3 years ago
Quoted from HookedonPinonics:

As long as I get it for Cowabunga. Speaking about Cowabunga, I have a feeling this is going to be almost impossible to get to on single player

It's definitely a tough set of requirements but I see it being achievable for the same people that hit Run for the Hills on IMDN or When Dinosaurs Ruled The Earth on JP. The way I see it, it's really April Hurry-Ups and Final Battle that are the main things you have to worry about:

1 Time Achievement, doable on 1 ball (3-6 balls to light and complete):
Collect a Weapon Hurry-Up
Complete 1-2-3 Foot Combo
Collect a Max Krang Kombo

1 good MB (4 chances to complete):
Collect Triple Mondo Jackpot
Collect Jackpoto Grande

Focus on throughout the game:
Collect 5 April Hurry-Ups - Focus on throughout game
Play Final Battle - Focus on throughout the game

So, if trying to make it to Cowabunga, you probably want to make sure you keep playing modes AND keep plugging away on APRIL hurry ups. I could see APRIL hurry ups be the "Bird Multiball" of TMNT's Cowbunga Wizard mode.

I got to Final Battle for the 1st time, but I don't think I was anywhere near 5 APRIL Hurry-ups.

I think I got:
Collect a Weapon Hurry-Up (I'll try for the orbit shot but usually miss the center ramp one and re-focus on whatever I was doing)
Collect a Max Krang Kombo (doable but not a normal focus)
Collect Triple Mondo Jackpot (pretty rare for me)
Collect Jackpoto Grande (most common for me)
Play Final Battle (just slightly more rare than triple mondo, but I do focus on playing episodes)

#3315 3 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Also it would be great to have a lot more seperation in success vs failure animations.

You're right, this would definitely add character to the episodes and the game as a whole. The biggest problem is in the two "sequel" modes. If you beat "Mousers" Baxter SHOULD become a fly and you should battle him as a fly, if he wins, then you should fight him in a mech suit or something or even just a 2nd (but different) mousers mode. With the 1st Krang mode, if you win, he shouldn't get his body and you should maybe fight him in his little mechanical legs. Even if the "sequel" modes still played the same, this would go a long way in the cohesiveness of the game. But ultimately, every mode leads to Shredder's ultimate plan unfolding.

#3316 3 years ago

So just got a pro and uploaded the new 1.21 code. For some reason the VS mode is not working. Only player 1 can play even though it shows 3 players and 2 teams. Same with 2 VS 2. Cooperative mode works fine. Is this a bug on the pro or is it my game?

#3317 3 years ago

Just updated the code. Never had a problem before with the lair up post capturing balls between the playfield and plastic above, now it's happening every time. Was there a change, or is anybody else having a problem?

#3318 3 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Just updated the code. Never had a problem before with the lair up post capturing balls between the playfield and plastic above, now it's happening every time. Was there a change, or is anybody else having a problem?

I am not having a problem with my lair post at all. Can you confirm if you can play the VS modes with more than one player if you have a pro?

#3319 3 years ago

Apparently I’m an idiot I didn’t hit the start button three times

#3320 3 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Apparently I’m an idiot I didn’t hit the start button three times

If it makes you feel any better we did the same thing. I was about to post the solution.

From

Your fellow idiot.

#3321 3 years ago
Quoted from joelbob:

This is a screenshot of the document we sent to Stern. My playfield is on the right. The vertical lines from the print head bother me more that the graininess. If they are going to print at a lower resolution that is fine, but they need to at least print it without defects.
[quoted image]

Quoted from durgee7:

Here's my comparison photo. My playfield is on the left. The biggest difference is the orange color above Slash's left shoulder.[quoted image]

Yea, upon inspecting mine, I see essentially the same thing. TBH though, i wouldn't have really noticed it had you not pointed it out. Less about my eye for detail and more about my low expectations when it comes to pinball playfields now a days (regardless of vendor sadly). When I unboxed the game my main focus when looking at the PF in close detail was to look for clear issues and ghosting. Which I can happily say looks pretty good, I see they discovered washers under most posts, lol.

20200904_111847 (resized).jpg20200904_111847 (resized).jpg20200904_111857 (resized).jpg20200904_111857 (resized).jpg
#3322 3 years ago
Quoted from genex:

kh39540 - I am a decent player and don't find the shots too tough, but here's some things that might help. A lot of folks have said to adjust the pitch. Have you been able to backhand both ramps? The right ramp is waaay safer and easier as a backhand. The left as well though a tougher shot. I've noticed on the machine I've played the most that at varying pitches, it's easy to hit the right ramp from a backhand. The left sometimes is not hittable if very steep and/or if the flippers are getting tired from being played for several hours in a row.
Also when the ball comes out of the Mondo shot loop backwards towards your flipper you can hold up that upper flipper. If it's coming out somewhat fast, it'll roll up the upper left flipper giving you a nicer slow roll to aim a shot from that upper flipper to either the Mondo loop and/or the side ("middle") ramp. YMMV but we've noticed this has helped some strangers who have walked by and joined in with us playing TMNT

Holy crap, thanks for posting this. When i was setting mine up yesterday the pitch was at 7 and i was just like "meh, it will be fast, fun right?" and left it (mainly out of lazyness). Dialed it down to 6.5 today and I can backhand the left ramp now. I also dialed down the auto plunger 170 so i have a decent chance at making the center ramp or inner loop shots from the auto-plunge or ball save.

I agree though, for novices or new players, I bet hitting those upper left flipper shots can be really frustrating (frustrated me! lol) and probably that left ramp shot. But i think slowing things down a little with that lower pitch really helps.

Loving this game so far.

The glitchy/jittery diverter is annoying tho. Hoping they fix that at some point.

#3323 3 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

If it makes you feel any better we did the same thing. I was about to post the solution.
From
Your fellow idiot.

. It totally makes me feel better. Thanks.

#3324 3 years ago

I am so pumped to have my Premium but I have been waiting on my Playfield Protector before I play it. Any recommendations for applying it? Some say wax before some say don’t? Will it stick ok if I use Millwax before?

While I was waiting I powder coated my machine. I have to change the T Molding to Orange as well. I know it doesn’t really fit the colour scheme of the Premium art but I am a die hard Michelangelo for life!! Haters gonna hate but he is the raddest!!

I have been following this thread since day one and I appreciate all the info, help and source of information by you all. It is pretty amazing. I feel awful for those who lost the playfield lottery. QC should be way better for how much we pay. I don’t know if they fixed it on the Premiums but mine is good.

4912418E-34D8-41F4-8AA0-7AEBE56651E4 (resized).jpeg4912418E-34D8-41F4-8AA0-7AEBE56651E4 (resized).jpegFD9E9DE7-68C4-4FA2-8909-BFFB4A1967F8 (resized).jpegFD9E9DE7-68C4-4FA2-8909-BFFB4A1967F8 (resized).jpegFE8F3E89-7272-41E2-971D-69D0E5490CB0 (resized).jpegFE8F3E89-7272-41E2-971D-69D0E5490CB0 (resized).jpegD5F55C00-3DAA-4BF7-AB28-9638B439FE0E (resized).jpegD5F55C00-3DAA-4BF7-AB28-9638B439FE0E (resized).jpeg
#3325 3 years ago

Had a fun game on my TMNT pro tonight. I used Raphael and played a 3 ball one player game with extra balls on. My game has super bands on the flippers. I made it to the final battle(finished it)and have to say that it was pretty intense and a really fun mode. I didn’t get to see Cowabunga but I got the feeling that I’ll see it soon. The only objectives I was missing was the max-Krang & triple-super....I guess next pin session.

C9166AD5-6C3A-4F37-8374-CA74C9CF966D.jpegC9166AD5-6C3A-4F37-8374-CA74C9CF966D.jpegF3D7E017-E225-43E3-8F7F-B1F5AC867B2B.jpegF3D7E017-E225-43E3-8F7F-B1F5AC867B2B.jpeg
#3326 3 years ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

Here you go my TMNT fans
This is a complete rebuild using Pinball Browser that uses animations from the 1987 TMNT series.
Pro, Premium and LE all available on 1.21.0
Premium and LE are untested as of now, so someone give it a try and let me know how it goes.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tmnt-stern-the-1987-code

Did you compare with the other great mod made by delt31?
Anyone tried both??

#3327 3 years ago
Quoted from BENETNATH:

Did you compare with the other great mod made by delt31?
Anyone tried both??

I tried both. Both have their advantages. But i think delt31 combined now both mods, his music and the graphics from the other image. I haven't tried that one.
In my opinion the original is fine. Modern layout, Modern look. The other 2 took me back to a trip into my childhood. Sound and Graphic wise.
I can not say what image i like best. But it's nice to have different choices for different moods i am in

#3328 3 years ago
Quoted from cabal:

I tried both. Both have their advantages. But i think delt31 combined now both mods, his music and the graphics from the other image. I haven't tried that one.
In my opinion the original is fine. Modern layout, Modern look. The other 2 took me back to a trip into my childhood. Sound and Graphic wise.
I can not say what image i like best. But it's nice to have different choices for different moods i am in

Thanks !

#3329 3 years ago
Quoted from Blacksnow:

I am so pumped to have my Premium but I have been waiting on my Playfield Protector before I play it. Any recommendations for applying it? Some say wax before some say don’t? Will it stick ok if I use Millwax before?
While I was waiting I powder coated my machine. I have to change the T Molding to Orange as well. I know it doesn’t really fit the colour scheme of the Premium art but I am a die hard Michelangelo for life!! Haters gonna hate but he is the raddest!!
I have been following this thread since day one and I appreciate all the info, help and source of information by you all. It is pretty amazing. I feel awful for those who lost the playfield lottery. QC should be way better for how much we pay. I don’t know if they fixed it on the Premiums but mine is good.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Do not wax playfield if you're applying a protector. Just remove what's necessary from the playfield and clean playfield surface. I vaccumed and wiped the playfield surface with micro fiber clothes. I think naptha or 91% isopropyl alcohol are fine for cleaning any smudges or finger prints. Make sure all dust is removed prior to laying protector on playfield. Also, the protector instructions say to keep that blue film in place (on upper side that ball rolls on) while reassembing playfield parts that were removed for install. I will say that not removing film at the back of the playfield (prior to adding back the ramps) where you have a concentration of ramps makes removing the film a giant pain.

#3330 3 years ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

Had a fun game on my TMNT pro tonight. I used Raphael and played a 3 ball one player game with extra balls on. My game has super bands on the flippers. I made it to the final battle(finished it)and have to say that it was pretty intense and a really fun mode. I didn’t get to see Cowabunga but I got the feeling that I’ll see it soon. The only objectives I was missing was the max-Krang & triple-super....I guess next pin session.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Wow that is a game! My best is 45m and i havent come close since. Question. What pitch do you have your machine set to? I keep fiddling with mine.

#3331 3 years ago

i hope to replace my non interactive hot wheels topper in some time with something better.
looks lost on the pinball

and a printout of a glider, need to paint it and make it nicer.

P1120091 (resized).JPGP1120091 (resized).JPGP1120095 (resized).JPGP1120095 (resized).JPG
#3332 3 years ago

so Im still having trouble with my center ramp registering. It registers now like 50% of the time. This didnt happen when I had the game set steeper so maybe I need to move the legs back up.

My question is what is the device/switch that recognizes when the ball successfully hits the center ramp? Where is it? Can anyone provide a pic with an arrow?

#3333 3 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

so Im still having trouble with my center ramp registering. It registers now like 50% of the time. This didnt happen when I had the game set steeper so maybe I need to move the legs back up.
My question is what is the device/switch that recognizes when the ball successfully hits the center ramp? Where is it? Can anyone provide a pic with an arrow?

I believe it's at the exit of the center ramp where the plastic ramp transitions to metal rails and the opto pair is. If you go into switch test mode and trigger it with your finger, you can verify that.

After you verify the optos work, might want to try wiggling the wires to each opto in the pair while in switch test mode to see if there's an intermittent connection.

#3334 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I believe it's at the exit of the center ramp where the plastic ramp transitions to metal rails and the opto pair is. If you go into switch test mode and trigger it with your finger, you can verify that.
After you verify the optos work, might want to try wiggling the wires to each opto in the pair while in switch test mode to see if there's an intermittent connection.

Great, I will try this. Its so disheartening when i do 123 foot perfectly and I dont get credit!Didnt start happening until I changed post rubbers so maybe I hit something

#3335 3 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Wow that is a game! My best is 45m and i havent come close since. Question. What pitch do you have your machine set to? I keep fiddling with mine.

I’m at 6.9/7 up top and 6.8 at the bottom next to the flippers. When I started “final battle” I noticed that I actually finished 7 of the 8 episodes so that probably helped.

#3336 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It seems the ramp is only messing up during 123 foot. Im guessing this is a 1.21 bug. Didnt happen before the update

#3337 3 years ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

I’m at 6.9/7 up top and 6.8 at the bottom next to the flippers. When I started “final battle” I noticed that I actually finished 7 of the 8 episodes so that probably helped.

Thats how i keep my other games but the speed of tmnt made me go lower like 6.5/6.6. Ill try making it higher and see how it goes.

How are the outlanes at that pitch? Im guessing a little less side to side action could help

#3338 3 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

It seems the ramp is only messing up during 123 foot. Im guessing this is a 1.21 bug. Didnt happen before the update

I haven't noticed any issue finishing 1-2-3 foot with 1.21 on a Pro. Has anyone else?

#3339 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I haven't noticed any issue finishing 1-2-3 foot with 1.21 on a Pro. Has anyone else?

Pretty much anytime i hit right ramp and hit center ramp right after it doesnt register.

#3340 3 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Pretty much anytime i hit right ramp and hit center ramp right after it doesnt register.

So the ball's going really fast around that center ramp?

I'd suggest slo-mo filming that opto area with your phone while you hit that ramp with switch mode active in the tests. You can feed the ball and see what switches are activating when you hit the ramp (and when they don't activate despite the ball passing the optos). If it's not a software bug, maybe it's either jumping the optos from the speed of that corner having the ball crawl up the wall, or it's going so fast the optos are missing it.

Slo-mo and diagnosing in switch test mode while you make that shot over and over should narrow this down.

#3341 3 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

Personally, I think they play about the same. The upside is that Titans don’t deteriorate like the original black rubbers and won’t dirty up your playfield as quick. I went with all clear titans with green flipper rings and posts. Looks great in my opinion.
[quoted image]

That looks great. I may have to do that next time.

#3342 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

So the ball's going really fast around that center ramp?
I'd suggest slo-mo filming that opto area with your phone while you hit that ramp with switch mode active in the tests. You can feed the ball and see what switches are activating when you hit the ramp (and when they don't activate despite the ball passing the optos). If it's not a software bug, maybe it's either jumping the optos from the speed of that corner having the ball crawl up the wall, or it's going so fast the optos are missing it.
Slo-mo and diagnosing in switch test mode while you make that shot over and over should narrow this down.

Was thinking of doing this. Wierd as it only started happening after software update/and or putting new post sleeves on. I did both at same time.

#3343 3 years ago

To clarify my issue @xaquery:

When the ball enters the lair when it is not lit it goes right through, the post stays down for about a full second. When lair is lit and it shows the training fanfare, it only lowers the post for about .25 seconds and traps the ball between the post and plastic. This only started with the latest code update (pro model). The switch seems to be working fine in test and the post mech is not binding or anything like that. Nobody else having this problem on the pro? Does your post stay down for the same duration for lair being lit and unlit?

#3344 3 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Was thinking of doing this. Wierd as it only started happening after software update/and or putting new post sleeves on. I did both at same time.

Maybe try going back to the previous version? see if it still does it.

#3345 3 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

You can always go back and load to the prior version code and see if it was just coincidence that it started doing it when you upgraded the code...

#3346 3 years ago

I’m finding that I’m having a hard time hitting some shots. The center loop is nearly impossible for to hit. Forget about making a smooth Krang Combo. If I hit it, most of the time it rattles out. If I’m just a little off (which is MOST of the time), it will hit the post just left to the ramp and shoot right down the center drain super fast. This type of drain happens easily 1-2 times per game.
The Beebop ramp also rattled out 1/3 Of the way up the ramp. I can’t for the life of me hit the ninja pizza parlor! It rattles out too most of the time.

Pitch is set to 6.6 (according to the Pinguy app set on the playfield).

Is anyone experiencing the same?

#3347 3 years ago
Quoted from cabal:

i hope to replace my non interactive hot wheels topper in some time with something better.
looks lost on the pinball
and a printout of a glider, need to paint it and make it nicer.[quoted image][quoted image]

Do you have an STL for those prints you're willing to share? Any changes to size?

cabal

#3348 3 years ago
Quoted from pb456:

Do you have an STL for those prints you're willing to share? Any changes to size?
cabal

you can find my desings here:
https://www.thingiverse.com/cabal1313/designs

the glider is missing the turtle, this was not my design so i did not include it into the files.

the design i think was around 10cm i scaled it to 12cm for printout. If you choose a better print quality it should improve and look better than my printout.
the right version was my first try, left is the 2nd desing.

#3349 3 years ago
Quoted from acons017:

I’m finding that I’m having a hard time hitting some shots. The center loop is nearly impossible for to hit. Forget about making a smooth Krang Combo. If I hit it, most of the time it rattles out. If I’m just a little off (which is MOST of the time), it will hit the post just left to the ramp and shoot right down the center drain super fast. This type of drain happens easily 1-2 times per game.
The Beebop ramp also rattled out 1/3 Of the way up the ramp. I can’t for the life of me hit the ninja pizza parlor! It rattles out too most of the time.
Pitch is set to 6.6 (according to the Pinguy app set on the playfield).
Is anyone experiencing the same?

Pizza shop is rattly from the left flipper for me - it's not a straight shot. From the right flipper it's no problem. The center ramp and the LAIR are the only two shots that I have trouble with consistency, but I wouldn't call the center ramp one a problem, I just need to play better. The LAIR shot is bad design, plain and simple. WAY too many bounce outs due to the way it's set up at the entrance.

#3350 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Pizza shop is rattly from the left flipper for me - it's not a straight shot. From the right flipper it's no problem. The center ramp and the LAIR are the only two shots that I have trouble with consistency, but I wouldn't call the center ramp one a problem, I just need to play better. The LAIR shot is bad design, plain and simple. WAY too many bounce outs due to the way it's set up at the entrance.

Same issue here Pizza shot rattles off the left flipper, it’s better off a trap but rattles every time off a rolling flip. Great game but yeah that LAIR shot is a real buzz killer when you need to make that shot.

And is it just me or does it feel like the game is too fast/hard for the theme, my son struggles to get anything going on ours, which is why I just sold my LE to a friend to buy an AIQLE.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Gainesville, FL
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 22.00
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 7,999.00
$ 9.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 3.49
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 23.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Twisted Tokens

$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 7,000.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chester, PA
$ 16.00
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Oakhurst, CA
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

There are 12,044 posts in this topic. You are on page 67 of 241.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-club2020-cowabunga-its-pizza-time/page/67?hl=jakers and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.